Relationships and Plots...
Last post by sleepyyjax
Today 04:10 PM

Old August 10th, 2024, 02:18 PM
Staring off into space

Bump Policy: 1-3 days, if important then few hours
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Seakit noticed the madness in Wolfpaw's eyes when she said that. "I'm sorry if I made you mad, I think you're a great medicine cat too. And I think it's really cool being a med cat. You get to help and save cats. She mewed. "And I was walking by the borders when the hawk grabbed me. I tried to bite at it and scratched. For some reason it let me go. Then, I met this weird cat, and BumbleStar came and fought him off. And well, my leg hurts bad and my head hurts a bit." She said, answering Wolfpaw's questions. @BEAR. @Bean (sorry for short reply. Just got my hair done and gonna go on a 3 hour drive back home soon.)

Last edited by Blossom Cry; August 11th, 2024 at 09:44 AM.
Old August 10th, 2024, 03:51 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Devilish

Hollowpaw
~<>~
17/200
4 moons || he/him || ThC medicine cat apprentice || Silk Spinner, Dream Walker
brown, masked classic tabby w/ low white; titanite eyes

[ thornkit & fleckpaw healing ]
So the amputation comment hadn't been serious... good to know, though Hollowpaw would honestly rather the Hornet just say what he meant and not confuse him by giving conflicting information. Still, what's done is done, and both troublemakers have gotten their water, and Wolfhive returned with poppy seeds, explaining them as a painkiller, found in bright red flowers.

As he explains how they're used, Hollowpaw nods along, and slides the seed closer to Thornkit where she sat in her nest. As for the sprain itself... the only thing to do for that was rest.

"Listen to him and eat that," Hollowpaw tells Thornkit. "And drink that water, too. I dunno what else to do for your overheatin', but it's probably safe to stay in here at least for the night in case it gets any worse. Thornkit," he turns his attention from both injured parties to just the one again "I think you should stay in here longer. Stay off your sprain for a day or two and then we can reassess - what do you think?" Titanite eyes shift to Wolfpaw, looking to him for confirmation.

[ -1 moss, -2 poppy seed ]
[ @Bean - wolf || @BEAR. - bigger wolf || @Alderheart2763 - thorn || @bigbxdwolfz - fleck ]

[ seakit healing ]
Just five minutes. Just five minutes to get a mouse or something to eat, and all of a sudden Hollowpaw is watching Orangeblossom, Seakit, and Wolfhive enter the medicine den, his ears assaulted by the high pitched screaming of a kitten in pain. Can a guy not take a lunch break in this Clan? He picks his mouse up and carries it with him into the den, where he stands off to the side to listen to Wolfhive's report of what happened and Orangeblossom's offer of help.

A hawk? Oh, right, he thought he'd heard Bumblestar yell something about securing the kits... he'd been in the den at the time, though, so he honestly wasn't paying all that much attention.

"How bad is your leg?" Hollowpaw pipes up from where he'd been sitting in the shadows. "Can you move it at all?" If Thornkit's leg was a sprain, then Hollow had some frame of reference regarding that, but if this was any worse (and the leg certainly looked a bit swollen), then it was likely broken. As far as he knew, none of the cats in this den right now knew how to set broken bones, but it's worth a shot regardless.

"Orangeblossom," young medicine apprentice settles his sharp gaze on the warrior, "if it turns out to be broken, did Springlight show you how to help with that?" If not, then there really wasn't any reason for him to be here right now. As he waits for the warrior's answer, Hollowpaw picks up the small mouse he'd been planning to eat and brings it over to where Seakit was sitting in an empty nest. "You can have this when we're all done helping you," he tells her, voice soft.

[ @Oliver - blossom || @Blossom Cry - sea || @/Bean - wolf || @BEAR. - bigger wolf ]

HOLLOWPAW is ThunderClan's current medicine cat apprentice
medicine den || healing requests

Last edited by Neptune.; August 10th, 2024 at 03:52 PM.
Old August 10th, 2024, 04:41 PM

Bump Policy: 24 hrs, im forgetful and it would help a lot <33
My Mood: Cheeky

Sneezebloom
She/Her, ThunderClan

Sneezebloom limped into the Medicine den. Her eyes weary and tail pinned down.
"Its bothering me again," she said bleakly.
Sneezebloom had always had muscle pains in her hind legs... especially her left. It had been this way ever since her apprenticeship when she had fallen from a tree during training. She had thought she was going to be paralyzed... but besides a minor limp in her left leg, she had been completely healed.
Sneezebloom sat down, wincing.
"Just give me poppy seeds for the pain!" she cursed through gritted teeth.
Sneezebloom wasn't a fool. She knew that she couldn't just pop a few poppy seeds and be on her way. Still, she just wanted a simple remedy. She laid down in annoyance.
"Why did I have to fall from that StarClan cursed tree?"

[Open!] @Neptune.

Last edited by passengerprincess; August 11th, 2024 at 02:01 AM.
Old August 10th, 2024, 05:08 PM
fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by passengerprincess View Post
Jigglefrost
She/Her, ThunderClan

Jigglefrost limped into the Medicine den. Her eyes weary and tail pinned down.
"Its bothering me again," she said bleakly.
Jigglefrost had always had muscle pains in her hind legs... especially her left. It had been this way ever since her apprenticeship when she had fallen from a tree during training. She had thought she was going to be paralyzed... but besides a minor limp in her left leg, she had been completely healed.
Jigglefrost sat down, wincing.
"Just give me poppy seeds for the pain!" she cursed through gritted teeth.
Jigglefrost wasn't a fool. She knew that she couldn't just pop a few poppy seeds and be on her way. Still, she just wanted a simple remedy. She laid down in annoyance.
"Why did I have to fall from that StarClan cursed tree?"

[Open!]

Hollowpaw
~<>~
18/200

Well, this molly seemed certain about what she needed and what she was dealing with - the 'again' cemented that fact. Hollowpaw, on the other paw, did not know what she was dealing with, though, so even though he went to grab some poppy seeds from their stores as she'd asked, he still had to know what was going on, especially if this was going to be a recurring situation given Jigglefrost's use of 'again' upon referring to her obvious pain.

"Is this chronic?" He asks, setting the poppy seeds down in front of the warrior... did he use the term 'chronic' correctly?? "What even happened to cause the pain?"

[-2 poppy seeds]

Old August 10th, 2024, 06:24 PM
Staring off into space

Seakit saw Hollowpaw trying to eat. "Well, it's bad. It hurts." She mewed. The kit moved the injured leg wincing. "And if you would like to eat, that's fine. I bet you had a long day." She mewed. @Neptune. @Bear @Bean @Oliver
Old August 10th, 2024, 09:28 PM

Bump Policy: 24 hrs, im forgetful and it would help a lot <33
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune. View Post

Hollowpaw
~<>~
18/200

Well, this molly seemed certain about what she needed and what she was dealing with - the 'again' cemented that fact. Hollowpaw, on the other paw, did not know what she was dealing with, though, so even though he went to grab some poppy seeds from their stores as she'd asked, he still had to know what was going on, especially if this was going to be a recurring situation given Sneezebloom's use of 'again' upon referring to her obvious pain.

"Is this chronic?" He asks, setting the poppy seeds down in front of the warrior... did he use the term 'chronic' correctly?? "What even happened to cause the pain?"

[-2 poppy seeds]
Sneezebloom
She/Her, ThunderClan

Sneezebloom sighed in annoyance.
"Useless fur ball," she murmured.
The she-cat then looked at the anxious young apprentice.
"Better show grace,"
Sneezebloom then explained.
"A few moons ago... during my apprenticeship. We were practicing tree climbing, when I slipped on a damp leaf," Jigglefrost winced, the story was way more embarrassing then she remembered.
"I fell into a bush on the forest floor and wrenched my hind leg muscles. I stupidly thought that I was going to be paralyzed. But within a few days my legs were scotch free. Well... besides a slight lingering pain in my left leg. Every moon or so the pain returns, and boy does it hurt!"
Sneezebloom paused.
"She didn't ask for your life story, daft fur ball!"
"Anyways, yes the pain is chronic."
Sneezebloom felt as if she was going to die of embarrassment. She wished she could just take her poppy seeds and leave.
[Open!]

Last edited by passengerprincess; August 11th, 2024 at 01:59 AM.
Old August 10th, 2024, 10:46 PM
fresh outta mercy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune. View Post

Hollowpaw
~<>~
7/100
4 moons || he/him || ThC medicine cat apprentice || Silk Spinner

Following the meeting, Hollowpaw slunk into the medicine den to speak with Bumblestar, his mind still reeling from the events. He’d never quite been so thrown off kilter as he had today that it left him almost dizzy with the overload of information. He still wasn’t really sure what the point of keeping his position a secret from the other clans would be… was it because he still wasn’t six moons old? Would the other clans use that as a reason to try and kill him? Seriously? Or was it simply the fact that both med positions were filled by apprentices that made Bumblestar want to keep him hidden away? If that was the case, did that mean that he had to wait until Wolfpaw received his full name in order to be announced, and, in that case, was he going to be announced as a new medicine apprentice instead of acknowledging that he’s held this position the whole time?

And what about gatherings and half-moon meetings? Was he to be barred from those, or only allowed at gatherings under the guise of a warrior apprentice - Spiderthroat's apprentice, he remembers the cover story.

The logistics of it all didn’t really click together for him - at least not on his own, not without hearing Bumblestar’s full thought process on the matter at least. Which he was quite interested to know about.

The medicine den itself smells strongly of herbs (of course it does), but lots of the scents seem almost stale, old, even as other, stronger scents overwhelm them, and Hollowpaw pokes around for a minute to see where the stores are. He’d never been in here before, he’d never had a reason to, so it takes him a moment before he finds the storage. What he sees looks to him like just a collection of plants and some seeds. None of these plants have a name to him yet, and Hollowpaw realizes, for the first time, the weight of this position he’s been given, this position he never fully accepted but somehow feels obligated to excel in. There’s a lot to learn… does Wolfpaw know anything more than him? Would the two of them be allowed to ask Drizzlecloud for help getting started? She might be a warrior now, but surely that would be allowed? …another question for Bumblestar, Hollowpaw supposes. For now, he sits uncomfortably in the middle of the den, fur prickling with the strange feeling of responsibility he didn’t know he wanted until it was given to him.

[ @dino. - bumble || @Bean - Wolf ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post

- Wolfpaw -
- He/Him - 6 Moons - ThunderClan Medicine Cat -
- A large dark brown tabby tom with green eyes and a missing hind leg -
Once all of... that finished, Wolfpaw made his way to the Medicine Den. He lost his leg here, and now he was living here. Strange. Within just a few minutes, Wolfpaw's entire life had changed. He was a medicine cat. No mentor, Just a training buddy. This was going to be...a lot. Green eyes bounced between Bumblestar and Hollowpaw, his mind racing. So many things he wanted to say. So many questions. But he just... couldn't. How could he? Being the clan's Medicine Cat at six moons old when his baby brother is already a warrior, and training alongside a 4-moon old cat with no adult to mentor them in the ways of a medicine cat. Just... so much.

Green hues glanced around the den, how was this happening? Everything was fine up until Springlight was killed. And now here he was. A six moon apprentice who was Medicine Cat, wondering how on earth StarClan got here. Just moments ago he promised that he would be a good warrior, only for him to find this out. Just...how?

After a bit of silence, the Medicine Cat spoke up. "Why. Why me? Why Hollowpaw? Why any of this? I just... I'm so confused. What makes me and Hollowpaw the best option? We're apprentices? And what happened when you were about to announce medicine cats, only for you to have a 'change in plans', what does that mean?" he finally blurted out. It took a moment for wolfpaw to process, and realize "I-Uh, sorry. I'm just... confused. At all of this," he muttered, shuffling his paws before laying down, putting his tail over his stump as he normally does, ears pinned back. I wish you were here, mama. You would have made everything better he thought. Where did mama go? Where did his siblings go? Why did only Flamesurge return?

So many questions, but no answers.

[ @dino. @Neptune. ehe excited to work with u stinkers ]

[ @Starfall for ur last spider post ]

Bumblestar recognized Spiderthroat following her into the den without much acknowledgement. It was probably better for him to be here, anyway. If they somehow had questions she couldn't answer, maybe he would be able to.

She hadn't realized her nose had even began to bleed, and it went unnoticed as she turned to look at Wolfpaw and Hollowpaw. The questions started immediately, unsurprisingly. How could she explain this in a way that made sense? Change in plans - she'd start there.

"I'd had someone else in mind," she said, looking at Wolfpaw but speaking to both. "But I suppose someone saw something I didn't, or couldn't, 'n sent a vision: a withering rose that bled life into a hollowed out stump 'n allowed it to flourish again. As much as I'd rather make my own choices, I didn't have much time to overthink it. So Hollowpaw became my choice instead."

Maybe it was Magpiewisp. She didn't think Brokenstar the type to send sudden omens, but the Dark Forest tom seemed more keen to it - though she hadn't exactly offered him any sort of sacrifices lately, so she had no clue why he would feel the need to. In front of the entire Clan, too... what a spectacle.

"As for why two apprentices... I want to give more young cats a chance. I wasn't offered a whole lotta those at your age. It's why I made Flamesurge a warrior despite his age. It's why I'm offering you two the opportunity to take this path. You don't have to accept it - you can continue your warrior training, without the added task of healing your Clanmates - but I'd at least like you to try for a while. Myself, Spiderthroat, 'n the Hornets trying to oversee the medicine den alongside leading and protecting the Clan was never going to be efficient for long. 'N I'd rather leave the spot open for Springlight, but..." Bumblestar curled her tail tightly around her paws as she sat down. "She's gone, 'n she isn't coming back. You're both bright, strong, capable cats, something I don't see much in adults these days. I trust you both, if you're to accept this."
Old August 11th, 2024, 05:41 PM
fly

Hollowpaw
~<>~
21/200

[sneezebloom healing]
"A training accident?" He repeats, mostly just so he can make sure he remembers. It's always easier to remember things when you say them out loud, for some reason. Slipping on a damp leaf was a pretty funny way to get yourself permanently injured, though, if you had to ask Hollowpaw's opinion.

He doesn't press for any more detail - he really doesn't need any more than he's been giving, nor does he want it - and nods. "Alright then, eat those and come back if you need more later." He didn't get why the warrior seemed almost nervous, it's not like he asked anything weird or nosy.

[ sneezebloom is all set to go !! ]
[ @passengerprincess ]

[ post meeting conversation ]
So, it had been a vision, he really hadn't been her first choice. But... why would StarClan want him? Did his plans to become the most powerful, most important cat in all the forest align with their own desires? Would they speak to him directly about it? Was he allowed to be privy to whatever plans they had in the works?

His head is spinning so much that he almost misses what Bumblestar says next... two apprentices in order to give the younger cats more opportunities than she had growing up. That... makes sense. A little bit. And though Bumble had told Hollow a little bit before about what ThunderClan was like before she had been made leader, he still wasn't able to quite grasp the need for young cats to have chances she didn't. He isn't growing up in Thrushstar's ThunderClan, after all.

"I don't plan on going against StarClan," he says plainly. Hollowpaw... isn't sure what he really thinks of StarClan to be quite honest, but if they ordained this... then who was he to say no? "So I'll stay." What he doesn't say out loud is how he wonders if this will be helpful down the line... "Am I allowed at the gathering? Just sitting with the warriors and apprentices?" He'd been curious... and maybe it seemed a little childish to ask this now, but he'd never been to a gathering before and he was real excited for the chance... besides, he's still a kid, after all.

[ @dino. - buh || @Starfall - spid || @Bean. - little wolf ]

Old August 12th, 2024, 03:57 PM
Fight little wolf, fight

Bump Policy: ✩48 hrs
My Mood: Stressed

- Wolfpaw -

[Seakit Healing]
Wolfpaw flicked an ear at Seakit's words, and then Wolfhive arrived. Oh, so they knew what happened, perfect. "A hawk? These birds needa be delt with," he muttered as Seakit explained from her perspective. "Alright then," he murmured, glancing at Seakit's leg. "Might be sprained or broken, can't think of any other reason for it. Can't tell if it is, however. So uh... Can either of you tell me if it is? And we'll figure it out from there," he said, glancing to Orangeblossom and Wolfhound.

[ @Oliver @BEAR. @Neptune. - NO NO STONE BEAR NO ]

[Thorn + Fleck Healing]
Poppy seeds, eh? Wolfpaw took a close look at the seeds Wolfhive took from the herb storage. Painkillers, got it. Those were definitely going to be needed for a lot of healing, so the apprentice took a mental note of that.

It was nice to have someone else take a bit of control over the situation, after all, Wolfpaw still knows nothing. So, he let Hollowpaw take the reins. "I think that's perfect, if ya ask me. Don't see anything wrong with that," he said, nodding in approval to what Hollowpaw said, green eyes glowing. "As for you two," he said, turning to Fleckpaw and Thornkit. "Don't do anything mouse-brained again. You could have saved us the trouble of ever having this interaction if you did what you were supposed to and stay in camp.

[ @Alderheart2763 @bigbxdwolfz @/BEAR. @/Neptune. ]

[Bumblestar + Hollowpaw Interaction]
The tripod Medicine cat twitched his tail as Bumblestar started explaining. An omen? Well that... was not the answer Wolfpaw hoped for. So someone wanted him and Hollowpaw as the medicine cats. Does not help his case of "Why the tripod who is a baby and knows nothing shouldn't become the medicine cat." Really StarClan!? And also, did Bumblestar have bees in her brain? Making TWO apprentices Medicine Cats just to 'give younger cats more chances?' They were fresh outta the nursery! He wanted to scream. Scream how stupid this was, and that he should just be a normal warrior, that none of this should be happening, But...

Something in him held back.

He didn't know what, but something held him back. ThunderClan needed Medicine Cats, and despite how Wolfpaw knows he isn't the best choice... Some part of him wanted this. To be useful in a way. After what felt like an eternity, the tabby took a deep breath and spoke. "...Not what I had in mind when I thought of my future. Thought I was gonna be a great warrior, Like Flamesurge," he let out a slight hiss as he said his brother's name. "But, I'm willing to give this a shot. I accept."

The gathering! Wolfpaw turned his head to face Hollowpaw as he spoke of the gathering. "Right, the gathering. What the hell am I supposed to tell the other clans? That you chose a kid as our sole medicine cat? Or something else?" he chirped, glancing back to his leader.

[ @/Neptune. @dino. @Starfall ]

ThunderClan Healing ll ThunderClan Medicine Den ll Wolf HK / Interaction Finder

x ghostie is haunting this signature
Bean's favorite staff member Lillian was here
lio sneezed here (achoo)
you see crude graffiti... it spells "velli wuz here"
Rose caught the sickness (oh dear)
fenrir stares at rose with a spray bottle of water in hand
My Soul is in @/Ian's basement with some ice cream
Old August 12th, 2024, 05:04 PM
Staring off into space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post

- Wolfpaw -

[Seakit Healing]
Wolfpaw flicked an ear at Seakit's words, and then Wolfhive arrived. Oh, so they knew what happened, perfect. "A hawk? These birds needa be delt with," he muttered as Seakit explained from her perspective. "Alright then," he murmured, glancing at Seakit's leg. "Might be sprained or broken, can't think of any other reason for it. Can't tell if it is, however. So uh... Can either of you tell me if it is? And we'll figure it out from there," he said, glancing to Orangeblossom and Wolfhound.

[ @Oliver @BEAR. @Neptune. - NO NO STONE BEAR NO ]

[Thorn + Fleck Healing]
Poppy seeds, eh? Wolfpaw took a close look at the seeds Wolfhive took from the herb storage. Painkillers, got it. Those were definitely going to be needed for a lot of healing, so the apprentice took a mental note of that.

It was nice to have someone else take a bit of control over the situation, after all, Wolfpaw still knows nothing. So, he let Hollowpaw take the reins. "I think that's perfect, if ya ask me. Don't see anything wrong with that," he said, nodding in approval to what Hollowpaw said, green eyes glowing. "As for you two," he said, turning to Fleckpaw and Thornkit. "Don't do anything mouse-brained again. You could have saved us the trouble of ever having this interaction if you did what you were supposed to and stay in camp.

[ @Alderheart2763 @bigbxdwolfz @/BEAR. @/Neptune. ]

[Bumblestar + Hollowpaw Interaction]
The tripod Medicine cat twitched his tail as Bumblestar started explaining. An omen? Well that... was not the answer Wolfpaw hoped for. So someone wanted him and Hollowpaw as the medicine cats. Does not help his case of "Why the tripod who is a baby and knows nothing shouldn't become the medicine cat." Really StarClan!? And also, did Bumblestar have bees in her brain? Making TWO apprentices Medicine Cats just to 'give younger cats more chances?' They were fresh outta the nursery! He wanted to scream. Scream how stupid this was, and that he should just be a normal warrior, that none of this should be happening, But...

Something in him held back.

He didn't know what, but something held him back. ThunderClan needed Medicine Cats, and despite how Wolfpaw knows he isn't the best choice... Some part of him wanted this. To be useful in a way. After what felt like an eternity, the tabby took a deep breath and spoke. "...Not what I had in mind when I thought of my future. Thought I was gonna be a great warrior, Like Flamesurge," he let out a slight hiss as he said his brother's name. "But, I'm willing to give this a shot. I accept."

The gathering! Wolfpaw turned his head to face Hollowpaw as he spoke of the gathering. "Right, the gathering. What the hell am I supposed to tell the other clans? That you chose a kid as our sole medicine cat? Or something else?" he chirped, glancing back to his leader.

[ @/Neptune. @dino. @Starfall ]
Seakit whimpered. " I hope it isn't broken" She whispered. She looked at the others, hoping to get an answer. @Bean @Oliver @Neptune.