Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Lionheart...
Last post by PINTO BEAN
Today 02:20 PM
Kits Need To Learn Too!! [...
Last post by burntToast
Today 02:18 PM
Mouse murder (Private)
by gs29513
Last post by gs29513
Today 02:14 PM
Feathered Friends (Birdpaw...
by Mica
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 02:11 PM
Dawnstar x Slytiger Litter...
by Ian
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Today 02:09 PM

Old July 6th, 2024, 11:40 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Crazy

Default Re: Willowpaw's Training! [p]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeonghwaBerry View Post

Willowpaw listened to the rejection with a small pout. Murmuring. "Weepingpaw's blind... he would fall in and then I'd feel bad"..
Not letting this get ahead of her Willowpaw playfully pouted and then agreed. "Challange accepted! I won't fall over! " Willowpaw exclaimed, her tail lashing excidedtly as she tiptoed into the water beside her mentor, she shook a tiny bit, having a thinner pelt than most Riverclan cats. Willowpaw blinked carefully and examined the rush water, "If I stand with my tail to the side the waters opposite from, my balance will be focused to the opposite side causing me to stand up perfectly... And I need to keep my paws firm on the..... rocks? Pebbles?" Willowpaw wondered, "The hard stone things!" Willowpaw meowed. Looking at her mentor Willowpaw kept one paw close to him, ankered towards him so if she slipped she'd catch onto him easily.

"Jeez how do cats do this?" Willowpaw wondered, Wading a bit deeper, now reaching hers shoulders which a cat her age it should have reached just over her belly. "Dang it! I'm to short." Willowpaw huffed, "What if I float away? I'm to short to hold onto things...." Willowpaw paused, "Well my tails not I guess but same difference!"

Stagheart's whiskers twitched at her pouty look, knowing it would be more out of character if she didn't react like that. It was still endearing nonetheless, even if his grumpy self didn't wanna admit it. As she cheerily jumped into the water he instinctively sidestepped, letting his larger body be the barrier in case she slipped. He'd catch her in a heartbeat, no doubt.

He nodded along to her aloud musings, finding it interesting how she was working out the physics of her balance, impeded by her long tail – something that cats like him didn't really need to think about all the time, he supposed.

He watched carefully as she waded a bit deeper — "Careful now," he huffed, surprised she was already trying more on her own — and stepped closer to her each time she moved, his body still poised as a potential blockade. When the water was still just around his belly fur, Willowpaw was already up to her shoulders. He chuckled lightly at her curse for being short, still holding himself in the current to catch her in case she starting rushing down with the waves.

"It's hard... but ain't nothin' ya can't learn. You're doin' great already,"
he commented. "Now... when your paws can't touch is the harder work. You're gonna wanna move your legs... kinda like this."

He showed her a basic swimming kick with one of his front paws and then one of his back. The water was still too shallow for him to fully swim, but he wanted to give her a demonstration of it before she tried going any deeper (and/or before he moved away in case she lost her balance).

"Learnin' in still water is easiest, but luckily for us... we ain't got that here. Only a river 'n its currents. If you're goin' against the current, swimmin' help keep ya in place for only a second; it gets real tirin', and it's dangerous to swim against it too long, so don't. It'd be better for you to let yourself drift instead at that point. Your best bet is to go along with the current, at an angle if you're tryin' to cross the river or get to the shore."

He once again demonstrated the swimming paddle as he spoke, hoping Willowpaw would be copying his moves, trying to use them in this gentler water before they tried anything deeper or faster.

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Old July 7th, 2024, 08:46 AM
지금이 우리의 파도라면 두려워하지 말고 더 힘

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: Sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post

Stagheart's whiskers twitched at her pouty look, knowing it would be more out of character if she didn't react like that. It was still endearing nonetheless, even if his grumpy self didn't wanna admit it. As she cheerily jumped into the water he instinctively sidestepped, letting his larger body be the barrier in case she slipped. He'd catch her in a heartbeat, no doubt.

He nodded along to her aloud musings, finding it interesting how she was working out the physics of her balance, impeded by her long tail – something that cats like him didn't really need to think about all the time, he supposed.

He watched carefully as she waded a bit deeper — "Careful now," he huffed, surprised she was already trying more on her own — and stepped closer to her each time she moved, his body still poised as a potential blockade. When the water was still just around his belly fur, Willowpaw was already up to her shoulders. He chuckled lightly at her curse for being short, still holding himself in the current to catch her in case she starting rushing down with the waves.

"It's hard... but ain't nothin' ya can't learn. You're doin' great already,"
he commented. "Now... when your paws can't touch is the harder work. You're gonna wanna move your legs... kinda like this."

He showed her a basic swimming kick with one of his front paws and then one of his back. The water was still too shallow for him to fully swim, but he wanted to give her a demonstration of it before she tried going any deeper (and/or before he moved away in case she lost her balance).

"Learnin' in still water is easiest, but luckily for us... we ain't got that here. Only a river 'n its currents. If you're goin' against the current, swimmin' help keep ya in place for only a second; it gets real tirin', and it's dangerous to swim against it too long, so don't. It'd be better for you to let yourself drift instead at that point. Your best bet is to go along with the current, at an angle if you're tryin' to cross the river or get to the shore."

He once again demonstrated the swimming paddle as he spoke, hoping Willowpaw would be copying his moves, trying to use them in this gentler water before they tried anything deeper or faster.

Willowpaw flicked his tail in aknowladgment to her mentor saying "be careful" She noticed Stagheart moving closer and closer and gave a gentle purr of gratefulness. Willowpaw looked around the water for a moment, thinnking deeply in her head about what to do and how to do it. Suddenly, Stagheart brought of the lesson, which she'd forgotten about. "Kick your legs..... it's kinda like running in the water but instead of stay on your toes to run faster, you use your whole paw to swim faster...." Willowpaw examiend. Her eyes going wide as a small current rushed up, splashing her in the face. Willowpaw stood there for a moment, stuned. "Isnt this the shallow end!" Willowpaw exclaimed, hissing once at the water before shaking off her whiskers with an amused and frustrated look.

Willowpaw followed her mentors movements, her paws gently moving in the way he demostrated. At first she was confused and stared at his moving paws like a deer in headlights. But once she ifgured it out, she purred. "The only priblem I have now... is you have large paws that can scoop the water to go faster, I have small paws that the water gets stuck on which would slow me right?" Willowpaw asked, observing the siuation carefully as she gave a gentle wade, a tiny bit farther, the water now on her neck.

The apprentice felt her body gently floating upwards and she pinned her ears, her blue hues lighting in in confusion and fear. "Stagheart!" She wailed as she water gently pushed her farther. The strong current and her light body was not a good match. Wailing wordlessly Willowpaw attempted to grab onto a root sticking out from the side of the bank. Failing, Willowpaw's head went under, her eyes wide as she gurguled and inhaled some water, hissing as he head came over the water, Willowpaw coughed uo a storm, Finding a smiilar but weaker looking branch and gripping onto it in her paws wrapped around it, her claws digging into it. "I didn't even go that far!!!!" Willowpaw complained, sqeualing in fear as Stagheart and the shallow end looked way farther than she'd like. "Starclan help me!"

Willowpaw wailed once more. Willowpaw looked a little funny with her fur plastered to her small frame. But that was besides the point. "I tried to swim!" Willowpaw wailed, "But it's to strong, I just got washed away like a kit in the water!" Willowpaw splashed the water angirly with one paw. "If I wasnt so studily small I'd have probaly been able to-!" Willowpaw was cut off as her head went under the water, the branch snapping and catching on her forehead, it stung. Everything stung, everything was making her mad. She was going deeper down the Riverclan, it was getting faster, but Willowpaw just kept her long tail out behind her, her eyes filled with panic but she relaxed her body. Trying to not drag herself further. It took a lot of will power not to flail and wail. But Willowpaw knew if she kept her tail's tip put of the water, Stagheart would know where she is and would be able to grab her. Willowpaw shot her head out from under the water and looked around, confused and scared.

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever"
- Park Seonghwa

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here
Rose littered this profile with flowers

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN@/AriaTheFiremaiden@/Mike29@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw

Willowtail of Riverclan is Tier 3 Beefed up <3
Old July 8th, 2024, 12:42 PM

Arrow Re: Willowpaw's Training! [p]

Quote:

Willowpaw flicked his tail in aknowladgment to her mentor saying "be careful" She noticed Stagheart moving closer and closer and gave a gentle purr of gratefulness. Willowpaw looked around the water for a moment, thinnking deeply in her head about what to do and how to do it. Suddenly, Stagheart brought of the lesson, which she'd forgotten about. "Kick your legs..... it's kinda like running in the water but instead of stay on your toes to run faster, you use your whole paw to swim faster...." Willowpaw examiend. Her eyes going wide as a small current rushed up, splashing her in the face. Willowpaw stood there for a moment, stuned. "Isnt this the shallow end!" Willowpaw exclaimed, hissing once at the water before shaking off her whiskers with an amused and frustrated look.

Willowpaw followed her mentors movements, her paws gently moving in the way he demostrated. At first she was confused and stared at his moving paws like a deer in headlights. But once she ifgured it out, she purred. "The only priblem I have now... is you have large paws that can scoop the water to go faster, I have small paws that the water gets stuck on which would slow me right?" Willowpaw asked, observing the siuation carefully as she gave a gentle wade, a tiny bit farther, the water now on her neck.

The apprentice felt her body gently floating upwards and she pinned her ears, her blue hues lighting in in confusion and fear. "Stagheart!" She wailed as she water gently pushed her farther. The strong current and her light body was not a good match. Wailing wordlessly Willowpaw attempted to grab onto a root sticking out from the side of the bank. Failing, Willowpaw's head went under, her eyes wide as she gurguled and inhaled some water, hissing as he head came over the water, Willowpaw coughed uo a storm, Finding a smiilar but weaker looking branch and gripping onto it in her paws wrapped around it, her claws digging into it. "I didn't even go that far!!!!" Willowpaw complained, sqeualing in fear as Stagheart and the shallow end looked way farther than she'd like. "Starclan help me!"

Willowpaw wailed once more. Willowpaw looked a little funny with her fur plastered to her small frame. But that was besides the point. "I tried to swim!" Willowpaw wailed, "But it's to strong, I just got washed away like a kit in the water!" Willowpaw splashed the water angirly with one paw. "If I wasnt so studily small I'd have probaly been able to-!" Willowpaw was cut off as her head went under the water, the branch snapping and catching on her forehead, it stung. Everything stung, everything was making her mad. She was going deeper down the Riverclan, it was getting faster, but Willowpaw just kept her long tail out behind her, her eyes filled with panic but she relaxed her body. Trying to not drag herself further. It took a lot of will power not to flail and wail. But Willowpaw knew if she kept her tail's tip put of the water, Stagheart would know where she is and would be able to grab her. Willowpaw shot her head out from under the water and looked around, confused and scared.

Stagheart started to nod along to his apprentice's musings. "Yeah... bigger paws can push back more water, which makes ya go faster. You'll have to work a little harder for the same thing, unfortunately. But I know y'got it in you."

But what happened next seemed to all happen in a flash. One moment she was practicing her swimming with Stagheart standing behind her as a shield — and the next moment she was hurtling down the river, wailing and still trying to talk about how she did her best; had she not been drowning, it would've been amusing to see her trying to rationalize the situation as water poured down her throat.

"Mouse-dung... hold on!" He called between a gasp of shock.

The large tom was moving before his brain had even caught up, his large paws propelling him from the water and racing down the river bank. When he finally caught up with his apprentice's flailing form, he dove into the water; he wasn't a graceful cat by any means, but the way he fluidly leapt in, you could tell he'd been a pure-blooded RiverClanner all his life. At once he swept down, sinking his teeth into Willowpaw's scruff and holding tight.

The current was certainly stronger down here, pulling at his legs as he scrambled for a footing against the rocky ground. But the strong, seasoned warrior didn't budge against it, craning his neck until he was sure Willowpaw's head was fully above water. Then he trudged through the chilly water, grunting with effort as he half-swam, half-dragged Willowpaw to the riverbank. As soon as they were there he placed her down on the sand, spitting out water to the side and looking over her with worried blue eyes.

"Stars above... are you alright!?" He asked, his chest heaving a bit as he recovered from his mad dash to her aid. The fear he'd felt clenched at his chest; it wasn't often that he got worried over something to the point of his heart pounding, but seeing his apprentice nearly go under for good... that shook him to the core.

Last edited by squidz; July 8th, 2024 at 12:43 PM.
Old July 8th, 2024, 02:07 PM

Quote:

Stagheart started to nod along to his apprentice's musings. "Yeah... bigger paws can push back more water, which makes ya go faster. You'll have to work a little harder for the same thing, unfortunately. But I know y'got it in you."

But what happened next seemed to all happen in a flash. One moment she was practicing her swimming with Stagheart standing behind her as a shield — and the next moment she was hurtling down the river, wailing and still trying to talk about how she did her best; had she not been drowning, it would've been amusing to see her trying to rationalize the situation as water poured down her throat.

The large tom was moving before his brain had even caught up, his large paws propelling him from the water and racing down the river bank. When he finally caught up with his apprentice's flailing form, he dove into the water; he wasn't a graceful cat by any means, but the way he fluidly leapt in, you could tell he'd been a pure-blooded RiverClanner all his life. At once he swept down, sinking his teeth into Willowpaw's scruff and holding tight.

The current was certainly stronger down here, pulling at his legs as he scrambled for a footing against the rocky ground. But the strong, seasoned warrior didn't budge against it, craning his neck until he was sure Willowpaw's head was fully above water. Then he trudged through the chilly water, grunting with effort as he half-swam, half-dragged Willowpaw to the riverbank. As soon as they were there he placed her down on the sand, spitting out water to the side and looking over her with worried blue eyes.

"Stars above... are you alright!?" He asked, his chest heaving a bit as he recovered from his mad dash to her aid. The fear he'd felt clenched at his chest; it wasn't often that he got worried over something to the point of his heart pounding, but seeing his apprentice nearly go under for good... that shook him to the core.
Willowpaw felt sharp but not harming teeth grip her scruff. She'd inhaled water so once her head broke and her body collapsed. Willowpaw vomited some water up. A trickle of water and blood dripping down her forehead as she had a tiny scratch on her forehead. Gasping for air, Willowpaw laid on the ground, once she'd caught her breath Willowpaw sat up slowly. "At least I didn't drown completely." Willowpaw managed to weakly purr after a moment, "Jeez.......... stupid water. have more respect." Willowpaw joked gently, trying to sooth the worry in her mentor's eyes. That's what shook her more than her nasty fall. Willowpaw stumbled to her paws, pressing her muzzle to Stagheart's. her breath gently going onto his muzzle. "See? I'm breathing.. i'm standing. I'm fine. I'm cold as hell but I'm fine and I will be fine.." Willowpaw purred, her strength pretty much regained as she'd layed down for a good bit. Purring gently, Willowpaw pressed herself into Stagheart's fur, not caring about to cold and the wet as she comforted him and herself. Her heart was beating so fasrt she wouldn't be suprised if her mentor heard it. "Lets just..... keep me in the shallow end... I tend to wander anyways so I'll try and stay more on track ok? I'm sorry..... I caused a mess... But I can make up for it! I'll be such a good swimmer you'll puff out your chest and say. "I taught her that!" To every cat around!" Willowpaw exclaimed, feeling her cut now she used her paw to try and rub it away, but she didn't as her paw was muddy and wet.

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever"
- Park Seonghwa

lio lurked here

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN@/AriaTheFiremaiden@/Mike29@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw

Old July 8th, 2024, 02:10 PM

Quote:

Willowpaw felt sharp but not harming teeth grip her scruff. She'd inhaled water so once her head broke and her body collapsed. Willowpaw vomited some water up. A trickle of water and blood dripping down her forehead as she had a tiny scratch on her forehead. Gasping for air, Willowpaw laid on the ground, once she'd caught her breath Willowpaw sat up slowly. "At least I didn't drown completely." Willowpaw managed to weakly purr after a moment, "Jeez.......... stupid water. have more respect." Willowpaw joked gently, trying to sooth the worry in her mentor's eyes. That's what shook her more than her nasty fall. Willowpaw stumbled to her paws, pressing her muzzle to Stagheart's. her breath gently going onto his muzzle. "See? I'm breathing.. i'm standing. I'm fine. I'm cold as hell but I'm fine and I will be fine.." Willowpaw purred, her strength pretty much regained as she'd layed down for a good bit.

Purring gently, Willowpaw pressed herself into Stagheart's fur, not caring about to cold and the wet as she comforted him and herself. Her heart was beating so fasrt she wouldn't be suprised if her mentor heard it. "Lets just..... keep me in the shallow end... I tend to wander anyways so I'll try and stay more on track ok? I'm sorry..... I caused a mess... But I can make up for it! I'll be such a good swimmer you'll puff out your chest and say. "I taught her that!" To every cat around!" Willowpaw exclaimed, feeling her cut now she used her paw to try and rub it away, but she didn't as her paw was muddy and wet.

Smiling softly, Willowpaw didn't bother to pull away until her mentor did. Willowpaw sat down and licked her muzzle, "I caught a fish" Willowpaw admitted gently, Reaching into the water and pulling out probably the oldest minnow in the river. But hey prey's prey. "I caught it on my claw by mistake so I held onto it." Willowpaw managed, sniffing gently as she was finally warming up. Her thin fur drying fast. "Jeez.... I might need to try and grow out my fur so I don't get dragged along so easily." Willowpaw coughed, a tiny spout of seaweed coming out. Willowpaw jumped to her paws and spat. "Gross!"

- Park Seonghwa

lio lurked here

Old July 11th, 2024, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Willowpaw felt sharp but not harming teeth grip her scruff. She'd inhaled water so once her head broke and her body collapsed. Willowpaw vomited some water up. A trickle of water and blood dripping down her forehead as she had a tiny scratch on her forehead. Gasping for air, Willowpaw laid on the ground, once she'd caught her breath Willowpaw sat up slowly. "At least I didn't drown completely." Willowpaw managed to weakly purr after a moment, "Jeez.......... stupid water. have more respect." Willowpaw joked gently, trying to sooth the worry in her mentor's eyes. That's what shook her more than her nasty fall. Willowpaw stumbled to her paws, pressing her muzzle to Stagheart's. her breath gently going onto his muzzle. "See? I'm breathing.. i'm standing. I'm fine. I'm cold as hell but I'm fine and I will be fine.." Willowpaw purred, her strength pretty much regained as she'd layed down for a good bit.

Purring gently, Willowpaw pressed herself into Stagheart's fur, not caring about to cold and the wet as she comforted him and herself. Her heart was beating so fasrt she wouldn't be suprised if her mentor heard it. "Lets just..... keep me in the shallow end... I tend to wander anyways so I'll try and stay more on track ok? I'm sorry..... I caused a mess... But I can make up for it! I'll be such a good swimmer you'll puff out your chest and say. "I taught her that!" To every cat around!" Willowpaw exclaimed, feeling her cut now she used her paw to try and rub it away, but she didn't as her paw was muddy and wet.

Smiling softly, Willowpaw didn't bother to pull away until her mentor did. Willowpaw sat down and licked her muzzle, "I caught a fish" Willowpaw admitted gently, Reaching into the water and pulling out probably the oldest minnow in the river. But hey prey's prey. "I caught it on my claw by mistake so I held onto it." Willowpaw managed, sniffing gently as she was finally warming up. Her thin fur drying fast. "Jeez.... I might need to try and grow out my fur so I don't get dragged along so easily." Willowpaw coughed, a tiny spout of seaweed coming out. Willowpaw jumped to her paws and spat. "Gross!"

Stagheart sighed with intense relief to see her vomit some water up; he had definitely assumed that she'd inhaled some and was relieved to see it come out. He frowned at the tiny scratch on her forehead, hesitating before trying to peer at it and inspect it. But in a moment she was purring and joking, and he almost scoffed if he weren't so relieved, shaking his head.

"Stars above... you scared the daylight outta me," he huffed, letting out a grunt of appreciation when she touched her muzzle to his and laid down to regain her strength. He felt incredibly guilty that he hadn't caught her, he had thought he'd been standing just right... shaking his head, he muttered, "I'm sorry... thought I could catch you in time if ya fell... I'm sorry..."

He didn't pull away as she pressed closer to him; he doubted that he provided much warmth, his own pelt being waterlogged after diving into the river for her. But he knew she needed it, so he stayed there, still worriedly looking her over. She was faintly shaking and he could practically hear her heartbeat with how fast it was pulsing in her small body. He'd let her fall... but she was okay...

Shoulders sagging a bit, Stagheart let out a tiny, half-amused scoff as Willowpaw showed him the minnow that had snagged on her claw. How she managed to recover so fast was beyond him... but he was grateful for it. Seeing that the bloody mark on her head still wasn't letting up, he reached over and hooked some nearby moss with his claw. He was no medicine cat, but had gotten patched up enough times to know moss helped soak up bleeding.

"Here... hold still a second," he urged, his paws almost half the size of her head as he awkwardly tried to hold the moss to her — gently but firmly, not wanting to press too hard but knowing pressure helped stop bleeding. He stifled a faint chuckle of amusement as she spat out seaweed; he perhaps would've laughed if she hadn't been so close to dying a few moments before.

The guilt was clear in his face but he was mostly quiet, making his racing heart calm down as he tried to soak up the blood, letting her lay on the riverbank for awhile to recover. She already wanted to try swimming again, but he held off for now, wanting her to take at least a few more moments... stars, if she would've drowned... he never would've forgiven himself.

Old July 11th, 2024, 01:50 PM

Quote:

Stagheart sighed with intense relief to see her vomit some water up; he had definitely assumed that she'd inhaled some and was relieved to see it come out. He frowned at the tiny scratch on her forehead, hesitating before trying to peer at it and inspect it. But in a moment she was purring and joking, and he almost scoffed if he weren't so relieved, shaking his head.

"Stars above... you scared the daylight outta me," he huffed, letting out a grunt of appreciation when she touched her muzzle to his and laid down to regain her strength. He felt incredibly guilty that he hadn't caught her, he had thought he'd been standing just right... shaking his head, he muttered, "I'm sorry... thought I could catch you in time if ya fell... I'm sorry..."

He didn't pull away as she pressed closer to him; he doubted that he provided much warmth, his own pelt being waterlogged after diving into the river for her. But he knew she needed it, so he stayed there, still worriedly looking her over. She was faintly shaking and he could practically hear her heartbeat with how fast it was pulsing in her small body. He'd let her fall... but she was okay...

Shoulders sagging a bit, Stagheart let out a tiny, half-amused scoff as Willowpaw showed him the minnow that had snagged on her claw. How she managed to recover so fast was beyond him... but he was grateful for it. Seeing that the bloody mark on her head still wasn't letting up, he reached over and hooked some nearby moss with his claw. He was no medicine cat, but had gotten patched up enough times to know moss helped soak up bleeding.

"Here... hold still a second," he urged, his paws almost half the size of her head as he awkwardly tried to hold the moss to her — gently but firmly, not wanting to press too hard but knowing pressure helped stop bleeding. He stifled a faint chuckle of amusement as she spat out seaweed; he perhaps would've laughed if she hadn't been so close to dying a few moments before.

The guilt was clear in his face but he was mostly quiet, making his racing heart calm down as he tried to soak up the blood, letting her lay on the riverbank for awhile to recover. She already wanted to try swimming again, but he held off for now, wanting her to take at least a few more moments... stars, if she would've drowned... he never would've forgiven himself.

Willowpaw looked at her mentor with soft bright blue eyes. "Don't be sorry. I didn't think I would've shot down the river so fast either. It's not your fault." Willowpaw purred gently, her tone attempting to be comforting as she noticed the guilt in her mentors face. "Not every cats perfect, we can't save everyone we come across. But we can try." Willowpaw mewed. Willowpaw licked Stagheart's ear and leaned against him for another moment, after finally pulling away, still shaking a tiny bit, Willowpaw watched her mentor and winced softly as the moss was placed upon her scratch. "It's not bad is it?" Willowpaw mewed, her crecent shaped cut stung as the moss was put against it. Willowpaw didn't bother to fuss.

Still seeing the guilt written all over Stagheart's face, Willowpaw gave a tiny frown. "It's my fault, I slipped. Please don't beat yourself up over it... yeah it could've been bad. But hey it wasn't! I'm still here" Willowpaw purred, gently sitting up and looking directly into his pretty blue eyes. "See? I'm here. And trust me you won't be rid of me for a long time if I can help it!" Willowpaw meowed teasingly, her long tail wrapped around her paws to stay warm. Shivering gently, Willowpaw stepped back a few paces, shook out her fur and them came back. Sitting down once more. "Jeez water up the ears makes it annoying though." Willowpaw grumbled, shaking her ears once more, Willowpaw coughed gently, some excess water coming out which made her choke a small bit. "Glad I fell in the puddle and learned to hold my breath" Willowpaw half-heartedly joked. Her eyes worried and guilty as she looked at her mentor. Dang it why'd she have to cause him to worry so much!

- Park Seonghwa

lio lurked here

Old Yesterday, 01:59 PM

Quote:

Willowpaw looked at her mentor with soft bright blue eyes. "Don't be sorry. I didn't think I would've shot down the river so fast either. It's not your fault." Willowpaw purred gently, her tone attempting to be comforting as she noticed the guilt in her mentors face. "Not every cats perfect, we can't save everyone we come across. But we can try." Willowpaw mewed. Willowpaw licked Stagheart's ear and leaned against him for another moment, after finally pulling away, still shaking a tiny bit, Willowpaw watched her mentor and winced softly as the moss was placed upon her scratch. "It's not bad is it?" Willowpaw mewed, her crecent shaped cut stung as the moss was put against it. Willowpaw didn't bother to fuss.

Still seeing the guilt written all over Stagheart's face, Willowpaw gave a tiny frown. "It's my fault, I slipped. Please don't beat yourself up over it... yeah it could've been bad. But hey it wasn't! I'm still here" Willowpaw purred, gently sitting up and looking directly into his pretty blue eyes. "See? I'm here. And trust me you won't be rid of me for a long time if I can help it!" Willowpaw meowed teasingly, her long tail wrapped around her paws to stay warm. Shivering gently, Willowpaw stepped back a few paces, shook out her fur and them came back. Sitting down once more. "Jeez water up the ears makes it annoying though." Willowpaw grumbled, shaking her ears once more, Willowpaw coughed gently, some excess water coming out which made her choke a small bit. "Glad I fell in the puddle and learned to hold my breath" Willowpaw half-heartedly joked. Her eyes worried and guilty as she looked at her mentor. Dang it why'd she have to cause him to worry so much!

Stagheart shook his head, amused and guilted even as she tried to play it off. Stars, she had such a good attitude... how did she do it? He let out a long sigh, faintly nodding to her words before removing the moss to peer at her wound.

"Just a scratch, looks like. It'll be pesky if you ain't careful, 'n it'll keep bleedin'. But I think we stopped the worst of it, for now..."

As his apprentice tried to comfort him, his gaze hardened slightly, showing the resolve behind his words. "I know, I know... but we can't just let everything off easy. I'm supposed to be protectin' you, keepin' you safe... teachin' ya how to survive, not drown," he snorts, a bit of dry, dark humor behind his tone. He shook out his sodden pelt with a huff. "Let's just... take a moment if ya need it, alright? Does anythin' hurt...? We can take ya to Mistyshard 'n Berrypaw if we need to..."

He was worried about Willowpaw's little body and how it could handle being tossed to and fro in the waves; it could wind any cat, let alone a small apprentice. But nothing ever dampened her spirits, did it?

He sat back and cautiously watched her, as if making sure she was really okay, not just playing off any injuries or pain to make him feel better. If he were honest, he needed a moment, too; thinking Willowpaw was just a few missteps away from drowning had kicked him right in the gut...

Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM

Quote:

Stagheart shook his head, amused and guilted even as she tried to play it off. Stars, she had such a good attitude... how did she do it? He let out a long sigh, faintly nodding to her words before removing the moss to peer at her wound.

"Just a scratch, looks like. It'll be pesky if you ain't careful, 'n it'll keep bleedin'. But I think we stopped the worst of it, for now..."

As his apprentice tried to comfort him, his gaze hardened slightly, showing the resolve behind his words. "I know, I know... but we can't just let everything off easy. I'm supposed to be protectin' you, keepin' you safe... teachin' ya how to survive, not drown," he snorts, a bit of dry, dark humor behind his tone. He shook out his sodden pelt with a huff. "Let's just... take a moment if ya need it, alright? Does anythin' hurt...? We can take ya to Mistyshard 'n Berrypaw if we need to..."

He was worried about Willowpaw's little body and how it could handle being tossed to and fro in the waves; it could wind any cat, let alone a small apprentice. But nothing ever dampened her spirits, did it?

He sat back and cautiously watched her, as if making sure she was really okay, not just playing off any injuries or pain to make him feel better. If he were honest, he needed a moment, too; thinking Willowpaw was just a few missteps away from drowning had kicked him right in the gut...

"Oh. I feel fine for now but I'm sure I'll be sore towmorrow. I might have a bruised shoulder. It's kinda sore right now. But it's ok." Willowpaw purred gently. "I know I know. I just think looking at the bright side of things is better!" Willowpaw pouted with a playful glint in her eyes. Her long tail flicking upwards as she flicked her ears. "I appreciate you protecting me though," Willowpaw aknoladge with a gentle meow. Her eyes showing her love and admiration for the warrior. Willowpaw shook out her fur once more just feeling un comfortable. "My cut'll heal good. Me and Berrypaw are like a turtle and it's shell! She'll take care of it." Willowpaw promised in a playful tone.

Though Willowpaw was acting fine. She seemed to be a little shooken up as when the water crashed beside her she gave a hardly noticable flinch. Willowpaw licked her fur, her tounge rasps along her paws and legs seemed to be drowsy. She was hiding it well but the fall has shooken her thoughts. What if she'd fell and Stagheart hadn't caught her? Where would she be right now? Would she be ok? Would she have more than a cut on her forehead? Woudl she be....... no.. Willowpaw decided to quit thinking, but as she did and seemed to space out. Her blue hues filled with slight worry and fear. Shaking out her pelt, Willowpaw shook off her bad emotions. This way of shaking off her emotions was becoming more obvious at a slow pace. Perhaps her mentor was catching on? Willowpaw didn't dare ask as she thought it would give away her feelings which would just be akward. "We could try again if you want me to." Willowpaw meowed, trying her best but was unable to keep a gentle shake out of her mrrow.

- Park Seonghwa

lio lurked here