Today 08:13 AM

Old June 26th, 2024, 12:48 AM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Kit Corrals

| Lightningstorm |
19 Moons - WindClan Medicine Cat
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active | Dreamwalker - Inactive

The medicine cat blinked down at the kits that had sought her out for a lesson today. An incredibly routine lesson that the calico was surprised a medicine cat was even required to teach. Shouldn't the nursery queens be the ones teaching the little ones what to put in their mouths and what to maybe avoid entirely? Maybe it had something to do with status? Kits would no doubt rebel against the felines that took care of them on the daily for the sole purpose of being difficult. Garnering attention. But if an expert on the matter called you a mouse brain for trying to eat things you obviously shouldn't? Well... that certainly drove the point home just a little bit more, didn't it? She could only assume it had something to do with that.

"Hello there, loves! I hear you lot want to learn of the dos and don't of eating. I know a lot of times we want to just take a little nibble of something. See how it tastes or if our bodies react positively to it. That said, we shouldn't do that, and I will explain to you all in just a mo', but first... let's get some introductions out of the way, shall we? Name's Lightningstorm, innit? I'm the scary, herby feline that haunts the pungent smelling den just beneath the Galewood," she mewed, raising her forepaws and wiggling her toes for added spooky effect, a small giggle escaping her shortly after. "Now, how's you lovelies take turns making your acquaintances known and we can get this lesson underway?"

@RamenThePigeon [Acornkit] | @DaffodilFlight [Morningkit]
| To keep things organized, I will not be enforcing a turn order in this class, but please make sure to only post once between each Lightningstorm post to make sure everyone can get a post in and have the lesson flow naturally. Anyone who wishes for their kits to join in on this first of the herbal lessons - the Dos and Dont's - feel free to have your kit skitter over like if they had been a part of the group from the start and introduce themselves before Lightningstorm's next post to be allowed to participate! |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old June 26th, 2024, 01:10 AM

Bump Policy: After a day ^^
My Mood: Queenly

<•~•> Morningkit <•~•>
@RamenThePigeon + @Alchemist Kitsune
Morningkit sat down infront of the tortie, a grin on her face. “Ready as I’ll ever be!” She mewed, her gaze shifting between the kit next to her and Lightningstorm. “I’m Morningkit. I’m happy to be here, Lightningstorm!” Morningkit added.
This was exciting to Morningkit. In her few moons, she really hadn’t been very social around camp, only knowing… well… two fellow kits. So it’s better to atleast put herself out there. Who knows? Maybe it’ll be useful!
But right now, she had to listen to Lightningstorm. Maybe she’d learn something interesting!
Active Characters!
Morningkit - No Active Purrks
——————
Please help hatch these eggs <3

Last edited by DaffodilFlight; June 26th, 2024 at 01:11 AM.
Old June 26th, 2024, 01:48 PM

Status: i like pigeons please quote me when you respond to my posts
Bump Policy: anytime
My Mood: Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active | Dreamwalker - Inactive

The medicine cat blinked down at the kits that had sought her out for a lesson today. An incredibly routine lesson that the calico was surprised a medicine cat was even required to teach. Shouldn't the nursery queens be the ones teaching the little ones what to put in their mouths and what to maybe avoid entirely? Maybe it had something to do with status? Kits would no doubt rebel against the felines that took care of them on the daily for the sole purpose of being difficult. Garnering attention. But if an expert on the matter called you a mouse brain for trying to eat things you obviously shouldn't? Well... that certainly drove the point home just a little bit more, didn't it? She could only assume it had something to do with that.

"Hello there, loves! I hear you lot want to learn of the dos and don't of eating. I know a lot of times we want to just take a little nibble of something. See how it tastes or if our bodies react positively to it. That said, we shouldn't do that, and I will explain to you all in just a mo', but first... let's get some introductions out of the way, shall we? Name's Lightningstorm, innit? I'm the scary, herby feline that haunts the pungent smelling den just beneath the Galewood," she mewed, raising her forepaws and wiggling her toes for added spooky effect, a small giggle escaping her shortly after. "Now, how's you lovelies take turns making your acquaintances known and we can get this lesson underway?"

| To keep things organized, I will not be enforcing a turn order in this class, but please make sure to only post once between each Lightningstorm post to make sure everyone can get a post in and have the lesson flow naturally. Anyone who wishes for their kits to join in on this first of the herbal lessons - the Dos and Dont's - feel free to have your kit skitter over like if they had been a part of the group from the start and introduce themselves before Lightningstorm's next post to be allowed to participate! |
Acornkit sat next to Morningkit. “Hi, I’m Acornkit.” he said.

Leafpaw / 6 moons / Non-binary (she/they) / ThunderClan / Pansexual / Black she-cat with one green eye, one blue eye, and white stripe across face as well as white paws and belly/ The Collector Purrk

Acornkit / 3 moons / Demi-boy (he/him) / WindClan / Gay / Calico tom with green eyes
Old June 28th, 2024, 05:19 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

These littermates were so sweet to each other. Blazingkit piled heaps of praise for Littlekit and Littlekit returned it with praise for her sister it was so loving. Dustbunny wished she had a sibling to share things like this with. But as she was her mother's only kit and there was no father, Dustbunny wasn't sure if she had siblings, if so they weren't in WindClan. She didn't mind though, as of late she's been too busy to feel any type of loneliness and it wasn't right for to feel envious of cats with good relationships anyway.

She laughed softly as Blazingkit commented about being the best tunnelers and Littlekit found enjoyment in pouncing on invisible bugs. When the two had settled Dustbunny stared their lesson. "There is more to tunneling than just digging, Blazingkit. But you'll certainly have a head start when it comes to tunneling after this." She didn't want to kit to think that she could running around underground after one digging lesson.

"I'm glad that you two are so passionate about tunneling, though. You'll make great apprentices for me or Crowtooth." She purred softly not wanting to dash any of their little hopes. WindClan was in desperate need of new tunnelers. Obtaining a pair of siblings would be great. It was a bit tasking having just two tunneler around. She was looking forward to taking on bigger plans with their numbers increased. Dustbunny hadn't the faintest clue what those plans would be but a she-cat could dream.

Anyway, back to the lesson. The big tree in the camp was always daunting, but it did make a good place for Dustbunny to dig holes without worrying about cats falling into them. She settled beside one of the larger roots in front of the tree and fixed her blue eyes on the kits.

"I'm going to show you the digging technique tunnelers use, so keep watch. You can not just scrap the dirt and throw it everywhere. For harder patches of dirt, you're going to want to use your claws to scratch and loosen it up." Dustbunny's tail waved over her head as she demonstrated what she was saying on the soil in front of her. Dragging her claws across the ground, churning up the earth, until it was in loose clumps.

"From there you'll want to thrust your paw down and scoop out the dirt and then set it in a pile beside you. It should be a neat and compact pile of soil so make sure that you pat down every new pawful of dirt you grab." Dustbunny plopped her pawful of dirt down and in front of her to show Blazingkit and Littlekit how to make the pile.

"What I want you guys to do is try to dig up the dirt in front of you, let me know if you have trouble starting. You can stop digging once you find a stone or one of the tree roots. Don't mind the worms or the bugs you find while digging, just set them aside nicely they mean you no harm. I don't mind if you want to play with any bugs you dig up but be kind to the worms. We have to put them back in the dirt." Her mother always told her that worms were the earth's little helpers and that she should always put them bac in the soil if she came across them.

@Weekend-Wondering [Blazingkit] @SuspiciousMindz [Littlekit]

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training
Old June 28th, 2024, 05:37 PM
back from the dead

Bump Policy: 48hr

Frogkit walked into kit corrals looking to play with someone, she didn't think anyone would want to play with her because she was best friends with the weirdest kit in camp, maggotkit. she just hopes she can make another friend, a friend who will be there for her like maggotkit is there for her. She just hopes she doesn't have another panic attack spell anytime soon, hopefully everything related to that was over, she knew that she had scared maggotkit, but it handled it like a pro, the story really helped her, she needs to tell the medicine cat about that story, but maybe another time.

She trotted to a tree where she could watch from, she doesn't want to hide, just watch everyone like the normal Frogkit does. Now she didn't just watch, she thought about stuff, like kit stuff, like how many leaves are on a tree or how will she become the best warrior ever!

She had been sitting there for about an hour now, she was getting sleepy, so she layed her little head down and fell asleep.
Old June 30th, 2024, 11:23 AM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Three Days
My Mood: Asleep

Blazingkit
No Header Yet / Female / About 1 Moon / WindClan / Sexuality Unknown
Simple red she-kit with dark mackerel markings, bold blue eyes, tortoiseshell/white points, and soft fur

Oh. My. Feathers. You are literally the most prettiest-handsomest-lookiess-looker in the WHOLE WORLD. Literally.

✽❀✽

In the end, Blazingkit really wasn’t putting much thought into her words and actions. She saw no point in thinking to hard about her behavior, seeing as those sorts of thought normally led to saddness and self-doubt. So instead, she kept her excitement at its peak, squealing almost every single time she felt the need to and darting around at the heels of the dirty-brown WindClan tunneler. Why spend time dwelling on your personality traits when you can use them to have fun? That was just how Blazingkit’s mindset worked, exactly how her thoughts functioned, and as she saw nothing wrong eith it all, she made no effort to change it. As long as Blazingkit was happy, she was good to go, and she certainly didn’t need pessimism eating at her everywhere she went, ruining the fun in every little action she made. In other words, she stayed energetic through and through. Unfortunately, this occasionally made little lessons and training sessions, this digging lesson included, thanks to he constant shrieking, squealing, commenting, noise, and everything else that tended to come along with her everything-at-once personality. Of course, it came with many advantages, like the non-stop explosions of praise that came from the mackerel she-Kit and her constant desire to make the cats around her (whether they be denmates, siblings, parents, warriors, apprentices, it really did not matter at all) feel their best for as long as possible, alongside the rest of her kind attributes. But it the end, chances were, she could get awfully annoying.

Moving onto the present, Blazingkit was more than happy to see Dustbunny laughing as she spoke. Although the simple red she-kit had absolutely no idea what was funny about what all she had said, it was still nice to see somebody laughing at her- in a good, genuine way, one that wasn’t only there for mockery purposes. Even if her humor wasn’t intentional, clearly it was there somewhere, because the older cats kept on laughing at with her, despite the fact that she never understood what exactly they found humorous. Blazingkit was beginning to wonder if Littlekit was as funny as her, so as if one small glance at her sister would give her answers, she shifted her head to stare at her sibling. Littlekit was busy pounding on invisible targets, aiming for the air itself. Blazingkit tilted her head to the side slightly. What’s… she…? Well, I guess she’s probably just practicing, an- and- an’ that’s alright, cause practice makes… better! It was hard not to admire Littlekit’s future here, at least for Blazingkit. It seemed pretty certain that her sibling and denmate was going to be a pretty nice hunter in the future, and Blazingkit felt awed at the idea of Littlekit being both a talented hunter and tunneler. As she thought, Blaizngkit had a small idea. Well, if she becomes WindClan’s bestest hunter… then… maybe she’ll teach me! There, now she liked the idea a whole lot more. Self benefit! An’ then we’ll hunt n’ tunnel together! Like good sisters, yeah! It was the perfect bonding plan, and even though she would certainly forget about the idea completely in a minute or two, having hope in the moment felt pretty nice.

Blazingkit gasped when Dustbunny told her that there was more to tunneling than just digging. Then with a squeal, and exclaimed her thought aloud, “Uh-huh, UH-HUH! WORMS!!!” It was obviously a genuis response, and Blazingkit was very, very proud of herself for remembering. When Dustbunny told her that she would certainly have a head start when it comes to tunneling after this digging session of theirs, Blazingkit began to glow. A head’s some’a the other future tunnelers?! Well, that’s really great, like, really-really great! She decided, this time keeping her thoughts in here head. She didn’t want to show off to her clanmates and peers, of course, but it would still be entertaining to have some talents that they knew nothing of. Even if it wasn’t all just digging dirt, Blazingkit felt like it couldn’t be too complicated, anyway, and she was almost certain that she could get the hang of it pretty quickly. Dustbunny also told them that she was glad that the both of them were passionate about tunneling, and still beaming, Blazingkit nodded quickly. Dustbunny suggested that they would make great apprentices for either herself or Crowtooth, and at the sound of that, Blazingkit felt her jaw fall. “Naw… naw way! I mean, like, yes, but, ya’ll’ve got sooo many apprentices!” Blazingkit had made sure to count them before entering her digging lesson, just to check and see how many developing tunnelers WindClan already had. “[B]I betcha, though, Littlekit n’ I would definitely be worth it, ‘cause- um-/B]” She paused in thought for a moment, then whipped around to face Littlekit, gesturing towards her sister with an excited paw. “‘Cause look at her! The lookiest-looker in everywhere!” Once again, Blazingkit found herself complimenting her sister on her appearance. Praising her family members just came naturally, it seemed. When she looked back at Dustbunny, she was smiling even more brightly. “An’ I’m gonna brow big paws, I think! So we’ll be great tunnelers, even worth a bit of a struggle, don’t’cha think, Bunny?

When Dustbunny explained that she was going to show the, the digging technique that tunneler’s used, Blazingkit sat upright and kept her eyes wide, filled to the brim with focus and attentiveness. When she was told to keep watch, she certainly made quite an effort to do so. Dustbunny told the two kittens that they could not just scrap the dirt and throw it everywhere, and because that was definitely something that Blazingkit would do, the red mackerel she-kit made a silent note of that. The brown tunneler then told them that harder patches of dirt required more claw-work, and you would have to scratch at it in order to loosen it up. Blazingkit watched with curiosity and interest as the she-cat demonstrated what she had told them on some near soil, dragging her claws across the ground and churning up the earth, leaving it in loose clumps. Blazingkit whispered, “Whoa… an’ I bet you’ve got some sharp claws, good for fighting, after all’a this digging! Eh?” Then Dustbunny told them that form there they would want to thrust their paw down and scoop out the dirt, piling it up beside them in a neat and compact pile of soil. She also told them to make sure to pat down every new lawful of soil that they grab. Blazingkit laughed lightly. “Yeah, we’ll be like lil’ bunnies, diggin’ burrows!” It definitely made sense to call Dustbunny simply, ‘Bunny’, then. It was more fitting. After another demonstration, this time of dirt-pile-plopping, Blazingkit squealed her quiet squeal yet, more or a high pitched ‘screeeee’, bouncing onto her toes. She was to excited about all of this to speak now.

Dustbunny got to the interactive portion of their lesson, telling Littlekit and Blazingkit that she wanted them to try to dig up the dirt in front of them, and to let her know if they had any trouble getting started. She told them that they could stop digging if they ever found a stone or tree root, and Blazingkit nodded happily. After hearing out another reminder about bugs and worms, Blazingkit looked up at the Dustbunny’s blue gaze. She listened as the tunneler told them it was alright to play around with bugs, but not to mess with the worms. She told them that they meant no harm, and they should just set them aside nicely, then to put them back in the dirt afterwards. Blazingkit nodded, not quite understanding the reasoning behind all of this wormliness, but she did not want to look stupid questioning it just yet, so she kept her maw shut for the time being. She turned to face Littlekit again, offering her sister a joyful smile, as if to silently tell her, ‘Good Luck!’ Afterwards, Blazingkit added, “An’ I’m guessing that we outta be careful when clawing at the dirt, then, too! Because- ‘cause, uh- Because we don’t wanna slice up any worms, because that’s real mean to them. Right, Bunny?” Then Blazingkit laughed again, snickering, “But we can cut up the bugs, hehe!

At that, Blazingkit turned to face the dirt beneath her. Taking a deep breath, she shifted her paws and began to prod at it, testing it for softness. The top layer of the soil felt nice and soft, easy to move around without stiff bits and pieces getting in the way, so she began without any struggles. Slowly but surely, she tugged bits of soft dirt towards her, patting down each part before pawing at it again. She was slow as a snail, but she was doing alright. Paw by paw, her pile began to grow, the soft soil getting slightly harder as she dug down. When the mackerel she-kit ended up reaching a part of the soil that she couldn’t quite move without the help of claws, she grunts din annoyance. Unhappily, she muttered, “Hey, Bunny, guys- found the harder soil… ay…” She unsheathed her claws, the tiny but sharp little razors popping out into view. Blazingkit gazed at them for a moment, pausing to smile at a silver glint from the sunlight behind the clouds, before turning them to the dirt. She began to prick and claw at the tougher parts of the soil, patting down, clawing, pile-placing, repeating, until eventually, she tripped. With a yelp, she almost fell into her miniature hole, but she caught herself with her front paws. “Oi!” She piped in surprise, glancing down at the hole beneath her paws. “I almost fell in it, Bunnh, that’s really funny, ‘cause… hey…” A root! She had tripped on a root, jutting out from the bottom of the hole. She’d dug it up a little with her claws without noticing. It was as if she had reached her goal. So overflowing with joy again, Blaizngkit cheered, “Bunny! Littlekit! BUNNY! I found a root!” The treasure had been found!

✽❀✽

~ @Moonraven {Dustbunny} ~
~ @SuspiciousMindz {Littlekit} ~

Replies will come a bit slowly until June 4th, EST!

WIP Character Biographies //

Have a nice day! ~ Fritz ~
Old June 30th, 2024, 10:07 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |

Lightningstorm offered up a grin as Morningkit and Acornkit introduced themselves, taking small notes of their personalities upon first impressions. Morningkit appeared to be a little more boisterous. Loud. Openly exited to be there. Acornkit, on the other paw, was quiet. Reserved. Potentially happy to be there as well, but not willing to make it obvious. Not enough to get to know them, of course, but the medicine cat liked studying the felines of the clan as she interacted with them and got to know them. Odds were, she would be seeing them at some point. Either through illness or injury. Best know how each of them worked personally if she was going to be treating them!

"Well I'm proper chuffed you're glad to be here, I am. Now, I won't be keeping neither you two little ones for too long. This is a simple little class, but let's see if we can't have some fun now? No need to have some sticks stuck up our arses just because we're learning here, isn't that right?" she teased, her tail swaying lightly behind her as she continued.

"Now, back to where we were! Taking a bit of a nibble here and there is very tempting. Sometimes things just smell so damn well good, don't it? But it's very important to know that you can't just be putting everything in your maws. Do either of you loves know why?"

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM

Bump Policy: After a day ^^

<•~•> Morningkit <•~•>
@RamenThePigeon + @Alchemist Kitsune

Morningkit seemed genuinely confused. You couldn’t put everything in their mouths? Then realization hit her. Ofcourse you can put everything in your mouth! Some stuff can hurt yourself if you eat everything! She told herself, a brush of embarrassment making her ears pin for a moment before perking her ears again. Morningkit opened, then closed her mouth. Worry crept over, but she pushed it back as she spoke, though it lingered in her calm tone.
”If you just pick up everything you find, you could end up hurting yourself because the item you could pick up could be deadly. Like…“She trailed off, trying to remember what it was she thought she heard someone talking about being dangerous before continuing. ”Deathberries, I think it was- I can’t remember.” Morningkit admitted, her embarrassment returning and her ears flattening again.
Stop embarrassing yourself. It might make Lightningstorm think you’re just another jokester in the making. She scolded herself, perking her ears again and trying to look more confident than she felt.
Active Characters!
Morningkit - No Active Purrks
——————
Please help hatch these eggs <3
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM

Bump Policy: Ping me on discord if I've been quiet!
My Mood: Cool

Honeykit bounced into the Kit Corrals and looked around for something to do. He was full of energy and boredom, and he knew something must be happening here. He sits at the entrance, peering in before edging around the clearing.

[OPEN]