Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan's Trials

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Diving Down- Goldfish...
Last post by chickadee
Today 09:26 AM
Willow’s Free Art Shop
Last post by Willowfern
Today 09:25 AM
Sunkissed Creek
by lio
Last post by cowboy froggo
Today 09:21 AM
Spider’Paw Lesson Teacher...
by Rowan
Last post by Rowan
Today 09:20 AM
build a barrier! [ camp...
by taillow
Last post by Rowan
Today 09:14 AM

Old June 24th, 2024, 01:38 PM
i did need you.

Bump Policy: 72 hours [ please provide link ]

Default Re: The Rift [ Atari / RiverClan Border ]

mumble

purrks ; hk t1 , dreamwalker
she / they . atari healer
24 moons . autistic
tags ; @occultation - cinderflare heheheeh it begins
!! this post is not set at the same time as the dusklion int !!

mumble needed a break from blood at this point. they were starting to go insane with the stench of blood and carcasses every time she inhaled. and starting to go to bed and wake up with flies ON THE HERB STORAGE was making her go crazy. crazy. long story short she really needed a break. head hung down to the ground, she didn't notice the other cat in front of her until.. wham! she collided right into someone. ' oh no oh goodness i'm so sorry are you okay? injured? '

mumble is one of the atari healers!
she has an open den policy.
healer's den

cobwebfernmumble
trackers
Old June 24th, 2024, 06:28 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 29 moons
It felt like her whole body was being lifted up. She could feel herself becoming weightless, the hopeful grin on her face stretching. Her eyes stayed wide, a brilliantly bright blue staring into the gold-flecked eyes of the cat she would get to adore. The cat she would get to teach the ways of RiverClan, the ways of her home. The cat she could immediately drag to Fades after this and-

. . .Oh.

And just like that, it all shattered. Shard of glass fell to the bottom of Dusklion's chest as she sucked in a breath. She had never been good at concealing her emotions, and these circumstances were no different. The hurt flooded her gaze, the sting of tears making her blink as she got to her paws. Her heart continued to thump heavily in her chest, making it feel like the sharp points of glass that had shattered were stabbing every part of her they could reach.

Dusklion couldn't remember the last time she had felt this heartbroken. All of her feelings had been laid out for Wis- Wisteriawren to reciprocate like she had been doing, or like the deputy had thought she had been doing but... she liked someone else? Who? Was it Antlerbranch? They had been pretty close at the meeting. Her brother? No, Dusk couldn't really imagine him as the type, despite their closeness on the journey. He was the leader after all, it was his duty to get to know his Clan. Besides, Dusk didn't want to entertain the idea that it could be him - she didn't like how it tore her heart in two.

"Oh."

And then, as reality started to sink back in, Dusklion's entire expression changed. It became closed off, the hurt in her eyes vanishing and concealed by a certain gleam. Her maw tugged up in a half grin as she scoffed a bit, shaking her head. "Yeah, no, I meant just as- as friends, yeah. I don't, I, uh... yeah 'course you do. I didn't even mean it like that, is that what you thought?" Her voice got a bit higher at the end as the deputy backed away from Wisteriawren, still shaking her head. "Just... forget it, okay?"

With that Dusklion glanced around and spotted Stags nearby. She gave a big grin and waved to him. "Stags! How's everythin' lookin' that way?" she called, then with a chuckle added, "Don't think I really need to ask givin' that you're one of the best warriors we've got in the Clan." She made sure to toss him an expression that was over-the-top approving, nodding along with it.

Turning around now - avoiding looking at Wisteriawren - the deputy scented the air around her. It was then she noticed an unfamiliar scent. Oh? How had she not noticed that before? Stupid feelings. "I bet you even picked up on this odd scent, hmm? Knew I could count on you, Stags." The deputy stepped up closer to the scent markers. They seemed to end where the crack in the ground was, not extending further. Was there another group here, similar to RiverClan? Dusklion lifted her head up to stare into the territory, not for the first time wondering what - or who - was out there.

"Let's lay down scent markers on our side 'n get back to camp. I wanna report this to Fades." Setting to work brushing up along rocks and the few sparse trees that dotted the land, Dusklion didn't bother looking at either of her patrolmates. She made sure to keep the half-grin on her face the entire time, finishing up with her section and waiting for Wisteriawren and Stags to finish if they needed to. Once everything was wrapped up, the deputy flicked her tail and trotted back to camp without another word.

[ Stagheart - @squidz ] [ Wisteriawren - @Rose ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old June 24th, 2024, 07:01 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by finley !! View Post

mumble

24 moons . autistic
tags ; @taillow - dusklion
trigger warnings for this post: none

mumble's nose finally caught onto a new flower!! her favorite one!! she grabbed a rose, careful not to prick herself with the thorns. huh.. another scent. they looked up and were face to face with a.. not atari cat? huh. again. ' hello!! ' she replied cheerfully to the intruder's annoyed tone. ' i'm mumble! i use they or she pronouns!! er.. who're you? ' she tilted her head, confused. this cat was definitely not from her clan, but she smelled the same as what she had caught before.
DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 29 moons
The cheerfulness of the outsider reminded her briefly of the first time she had encountered Wisteriawren out in the territory. The memory felt tainted now, one that the deputy quickly pushed away. Dusklion simply watched the cat before her, one catbrow raising as they not only introduced their name, but what... pronouns they used. Huh. The dark tabby didn't really care about any of that in the sense that as long as whoever she was talking to was intelligent, that's all that mattered.

"...Dusklion." It was okay to share her name, right? This cat didn't look to be the greatest fighter, though the dark tabby knew better than to underestimate any cat based on size alone (she had been quite small herself until recently). Looking at the rose in her mouth, then around at the border that separated them, she added, "You part of the group these scent markers belong to?" It felt as though the obvious answer was yes - but if it was no and there was a third group, or even loners that were roaming about, that would be something to add to her report back to her brother.

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; June 24th, 2024 at 07:01 PM.
Old June 24th, 2024, 11:26 PM
i did need you.

Bump Policy: 72 hours [ please provide link ]

mumble

24 moons . autistic
tags ; @taillow - dusklion
trigger warnings for this post: none

oh. wuh. so this was unexpected. a cat! that she didn't even know! wasn't that crazy! ' dusklion's a nice name! you have two names, though? dusk, and lion. i only 'ave one. mumble. an' yeah! s' called the atari. are you from the other group? the one i'm smellin' right now? cuz, you're not that other group. i know all the ones from that one. ' mumble did refrain from telling the other cat she was the atari healer, just in case. she made sure of that.

mumble is one of the atari healers!
she has an open den policy.
healer's den

cobwebfernmumble
trackers
Old June 25th, 2024, 12:12 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Breezy

— STAGHEART —

very large, muscular, & scarred light brown tabby tom with stark blue eyes and a torn ear; beefed up tier 2 | just a scratch

[ riverclan warrior | tomcat | 51 moons | gruff & battle-hardened, yet thoughtful; loyal to a fault ]

Stagheart was listening, all the more perplexed of the situation between the two she-cats when Dusklion spotted him and called out. He immediately hopped to his paws, hoping she wasn't about to scold him for potentially eavesdropping — but to his relief, she was simply asking how things were going. He just opened his mouth to respond when she added the little phrase... one of the best warriors in the Clan, huh? And the way she'd said it... it seemed like she'd really meant it?

Stag felt his skin burn under his pelt and was suddenly way more grateful for his fur's coverage. He quickly dipped his head, clearing his throat to hide his initial little cough of surprise. "O-Oh, uh, yeah... just fine, 'cept that these scent markers indicate a lotta cats out there. Reckon it's a whole group of 'em. We'll have to be careful... we ain't alone out here."

Even after he spoke, a little glow of pride still swelled in his chest — his deputy was proud of him and could count on him, eh? A pleasant surprise; he hadn't expected any direct compliments from her. Though a little flustered, the warrior tried to keep his cool and dipped his head, following along with Dusklion's instructions. An extra pep was in his step after the praise.

He discreetly glanced at Wisteriawren once or twice, the slightly curious part of him still trying to figure out what just happened between those two — but mainly shrugged it off for now. He wasn't exactly one for thinking too hard about things he couldn't fully understand, nor the things he wasn't involved in.

Finishing off his area of scent markers, Stagheart took up the rear behind the two she-cats and headed back to their camp, casting wary glances behind them as they went. Whoever these cats were... something stirred trouble in his gut at the thought of them. Prayerfully he'd be wrong, but... the greater part of him reckoned he had every right to be uneasy. Who knows who — or what — was out there?

[ @taillow - rip dusk ;w; @Rose ]

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Last edited by squidz; June 25th, 2024 at 12:12 PM.
Old June 25th, 2024, 04:16 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Merlin
~<>~
31 moons || he/him || Atari Claw
grey classic tabby w/ flecks of tan, high white and moderate scaring; brown eyes

The day drags on, and yet there are still things Merlin has to do. Of his own volition, the grey tabby wanders his way to the Atari's borders unchallenged, his goal to refresh their markers was a simple one, and one he did not expect to find interruption in. Simple. Repetitive. Methodical. Find a weak spot, mark it, move on to the next. It's almost mundane how mindless the task is. Very rarely, the Atari face trouble on this border, and even less so since they'd dealt with many in that other group... the one who Merlin did not care to remember a name for... there hadn't been scent of them recently, and that meant the Claws had done their job.

It's a rewarding position, and yet, somehow Merlin wonders if it's the correct position - and he's not talking about morally. Morals don't matter much out here, and especially not within the Atari. If you aren't able to take a life, if you aren't able to defend by whatever means necessary, then perhaps self exile would be the kindest route to take. Morals had never been an issue for Merlin, he's killed in memory and... and he assumes he's killed out of memory, though in that case he only has the accounts of others to go off of, the actual events having been locked firmly behind iron doors.

And it's these thoughts, as well as the familiar question of 'if this the right path for me?' that keeps the scarred Claw company on this expedition, so much so that he does not notice the strange, new scent until it's already on top of him.

[ figured i'd go ahead and get up a starter !! left it fairly open ended so hopefully it doesn't mess with anything you might've already drafted ^^;; ]
[ @starry - mistyshard ]
Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Mistyshard
RiverClan Medicine Cat
40 Moons, She/Her
Purrks: The Collector, Dreamwalker
Mistyshard cautiously approached the border, her eyes scanning the unfamiliar, mountaineous terrain. She was on a solo patrol, her steps quiet as she checked for any signs of trouble. She wanted to go explore the new territory and borders by herself, as she had heard rumours of other cats living here. The day dragged on, and she had duties to do. Maybe some herbs to collect, on her way back.

As she moved along, her gaze caught a flash of movement nearby. Curious, Mistyshard crept closer, hoping not to be seen. She noticed a grey tabby marking the borders - something routine and simple for most cats, but important for Clan security. He seemed like he knew what he was doing... and he certainly wasn't a RiverClanner. The herbalist's eyebrows quirked upwards as she eyed the odd cat.

So far, there didn't seem anything threatening about him. She was a good fighter, so maybe she should just give up her fighting act and try to get to know more about this other group. "Hello?" she mewed cautiously, staying back but also trying not to appear hostile.

[ @Neptune. - Merlin ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den