Last post by Windy
Today 08:40 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Tallstar
Today 08:34 PM

Old June 7th, 2024, 05:02 PM
evermore haunting~

Bump Policy: Every 5 days! Please do bump me if i forgot! ¦¦ 1 Day if urgent!
My Mood: Sneaky

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

~Willow'Paw~
| 9 Moons | ShadowClan Apprentice | Female, She/Her | Purrks:
Kitty Soft Paws, Heightened Perception [smell]
[a small, fluffy tortoiseshell she-cat with pale green eyes and an atrociously fluffy tail]

Oof. Willowpaw flinched. Magpiepaw seemed fairly exasperated with her. Or mad. Definitely mad. Her mastermind plan hadn't worked for sure. Though the other she-cat didn't seem to think it was so mastermindful.

Yowch for the second time! Willowpaw had to really, really, really really really constrain herself not to wince. Magpiepaw's voice alone could've dropped her self-esteem as if she'd been roasted to the underworld and back, but the expression really, really just made it a tad worse. Oh, and there her self-esteem went through the other side of the earth! And at the moment its veering away from our orbital planet! Ladies and gentlemen this is EXCITING! Self-esteem seems to be taking an EXTRA long route through space!

*~twelve hours later*

:0 Finally! Willowpaw's self-esteem seems to be circling back to earth! Ladies and gentlemen, after looping around the whole solar system! Here it come! HERE IT COMES!!

Aaaaand it crashed through the earth and right back into space... wow, wasn't really expecting that, but really.

The live report of her ego at the moment reported. She stayed quiet, shuffling her paws in embarrassment. Her eyes jumped up from the ground to Magpiepaw as she made a gasp of pain. Was she hurt? Had she hurt her? But why hadn't Magpiepaw said that she was hurt? This question truly puzzled Willowpaw.

Magpiepaw didn't seem to want to admit it, so she let it be, and let her gaze flow down to the ground again...

..A spar? She maybe would've said no--

-- if it weren't for that she might be forgiven for her dreadful sins.

This was a deal she couldn't risk loosing.

"I-I mean, a-alright," She mewed, "I-If your s-sure your a-al-" She cut herself off.

Willowpaw guessed Magpiepaw wouldn't be very appreciative of that question.

[ @Marigoldwhisper - Magpiepaw!

Magpiepaw is a great silly >:3 ]

|| WIP Character Site! || Art Shop! || Scroller credit! || Pronouns Page! || Roleplay Tracker! ||
Old June 8th, 2024, 01:55 PM
revenge is a fools game

Bump Policy: once a week/every 7 days
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

Mudslide
She, Her\Warrior\14 moons\Shadowclan
"I miss the yellow. I miss the yellin' and the shake downs."

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·
Odd? "I guess." Mudslide commented. Lostspark was only an enforcer now, there was nothing new with apprentices getting all cozy with enforcers or higher ranks to maybe land themselves a position in their field. Mudslide had seen it countless times. Whether or not it worked in Rookpaw's favor wasn't her problem.

She felt him press up against her. Mud saw that as the first sign to get the two of them out of here. It was obvious Roachflare needed to go somewhere, she'd just have to take him. She curled her tail around him, as if inviting him closer despite the fact that she was planning on getting up to move. Was that possible...

With all the cats missing, Mudslide doubted Dawnstar would let anycat step foot out of camp. To be entirely honest, Mudslide forgot all the rules and regulations that came with this new camp. She knew that she had to go out with at least one other cat, or was it two? Frustration made her noise wrinkle as a snarl made her lips pull back. She'd have to use a lot more words for this question... A pity.

"Re...gulations." Mudslide managed, her blue eyes looking down to meet her friend's gaze. "Outing? How many?" Hopefully no more than one other cat. Mudslide wouldn't be able to stand the thought of another Shadowclan accompanying them. Roachflare was the only guy she could deal with, nocat else.

(Sorry for typos! I've gotta go!)

->> roachflare <<-
[ he/him | shadowclan | 15moons | purrks ]
mudslides response earned a humm from the smaller feline, "must'a taken em on before mossfreckle earned his full rank" he commented absentmindedly, eyes still scanning their surroundings while dark tail tip tapped the ground rhythmically. somewhere between restlessness and anxiety sloshing back and forth inside him he was tired. shoulders loose he let the majority of his weight lean on his front paws, roach was well aware that slouching like that would make him complain about aching limbs later but for now he didnt care. light, two coloured tail curling around his smaller frame earned mudslide a low purr, head tilted up to meet her eyes once more.
roach wondered if his friend had picked up on the nervous energy that felt like it was radiating off him or if she was the one in need of calm, chirping birds n quiet rustle of leaves. "three." he mewed, letting the silence stretch before specifying the rules "only with permission"

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━

Last edited by alec; June 8th, 2024 at 01:56 PM.
Old June 8th, 2024, 02:39 PM
Master of bad jokes

Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Queenly

Quietpaw
Shadowclan apprentice
Purrk: Mind reader(permanently active)
40/100

Oh, how disgruntled Quietpaw was today. Honestly, she found the way her clan worked so...how to say it...unjust. Favouring the more, well what Dawnstar probably saw as, "capable" cats. Nonsense. Was she not suitable to participate in the battle against Riverclan? In terms of her fighting skills, she supposed not but still, the favouritism had been noticed. Was she not a favourite of grandmother's among her kin? The was no reason to not be prefered over her many siblings; she was arguably the smartest of them.

Stars, this clan was mentally exhausting. The dark splotched she-cat swished her hanging plumy tail as she layed on a smooth rock near the edge of the clearing. One day she'd grace a battle with her presence, then she'd be noticed. Resting her chin on her paws she sighed quietly. For now she'd just have to be patient. Fortunately she had buckets of it. You had to, to survive here.

OPEN

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Last edited by Morrigan; June 9th, 2024 at 12:01 PM.
Old June 8th, 2024, 07:58 PM
Snowflakes Swirling

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Happy

Shadekit
She/her || 4 moons || Shadowclan || Kit

---
Shadekit sat at the edge of camp near the nursery, watching. Observing. Observing the hustle of camp, warriors and apprentices coming and going. It was quieter today, she noticed. Almost all the warriors went to the battle. The battle, she thought. She wasn't quite sure why it was happening, what Riverclan had done. It must have been something terrible, to unleash the wrath of three of the clans. She didn't really care much for the reason why, even though she knew it was probably important.

Shadekit felt a flash of impatience. She really, really, really, wanted to be an apprentice. She flexed her claws, imagining tearing through the flesh of a Riverclan warrior. She could be a great apprentice, learning how to hunt, and fight for her clan. And then a warrior. She could be important. But she knew she was too young. A few more moons, she thought. She could wait. She could be patient.

She curled her tail around her paws and turned her attention back to the camp. Watching. Observing.
---

OPEN

「「My characters and me are separate beings. My characters
might act or say something that I wouldn't do irl」」

Character Bios + Trackers + Finders +Pixelgif Shop

PM me to sign my sig

-

Old June 8th, 2024, 08:57 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mica View Post
Birdpaw
ShadowClan
she/her | 6 moons | 7/100
[Blue-grey tabby with dark blue overcoat, white underside and amber eyes]
Purrks: Lyrebird's Lullaby [PERMANENTLY ACTIVE]
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·
Birdpaw was sitting in the clearing, staring at a caterpillar as it crawled across her paws. She angled her head slightly as she watched it, completely absorbed in her new friend. That was until she noticed someone out of the corner of her eye, sitting at a suspiciously close distance while also being far enough away where they could be doing their own thing but with how much free space there was in the clearing, was definitely sitting too close and oh my goodness!! "Sleepypaw!" Birdpaw chirped, shaking the caterpillar--ignoring as it flew away, its tiny scream of terror inaudible--and padding over to the elder apprentice's side. "Hiya!"

Birdpaw looked as though nothing had happened, in that den. Like she hadn't been fundamentally changed by the realization that her family was nothing more than a group of cats biologically related with no affection or love to tie them together. Nope! Not Birdpaw. Everything was fine! Wonderful, even! It was like she didn't remember trembling on the floor of the med den, surrounded by cats aruging with each other, like she hadn't looked up from her stupor to see Sleepypaw begging her with wide eyes to come join her, like she hadn't taken refuge in her older sister's flank, like she hadn't wailed into her mother's fur when Lostspark had apologized.

But she remembered.

Birdpaw smiled jovially, her tiny blue-grey body practically vibrating with energy. "Do you wanna play a game with me??"

[Feel free to have Sleepypaw refuse, Birdpaw won't be hurt!]

She had been discovered. Revealed. Masterful keep-a-distant-eye-on-your-little-sister-without-being-noticed-but-maybe-wanting-to-be-noticed-but-not-wanting-to-be-noticed-plan foiled. Birdpaw’s shrill words of joy reached her ears, prompting the apprentice to turn a dull eye her way, watching her young sister with care.

Observing her face brought back memories of that day. Silently pleading Birdpaw to come closer, begging mama not to make them decide – her heart lurched as she remembered the way she fled with tears in her eyes, leaving Birdpaw and Bleedingkit behind.

“...I-”
Silence had dragged on, until Sleepypaw tried to speak – to apologise, actually, mustering up the courage to say “I’m sorry for leaving you” in her short, few-wordy way. But Birdpaw spoke quicker. She wanted to play, and Sleepypaw’s expression grew dull, uncertain how to respond.

“…. I don’t play.”
She finally stated, dull, lifeless, mind revering back to when Miss Grandmama told her they could play something together. Her first game would be with Miss Grandmama. But… Vibrant blue eyes moved over to Birdpaw, not wanting to disappoint or harm her younger sister.
“But… I train.”
She offered, instead, look questioning.

Old June 8th, 2024, 09:18 PM
Still staring nervously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune. View Post

Cinderpaw
~<>~
21/100
8 moons || she/her || ShadowClan Apprentice
small black tabby with minimal white markings and 3 legs; amber eyes

[ cw: elements of internalized ableism ]

New camp, new camp, new camp... the words reverberate around Cinderpaw's head again and again as she maps out every inch, clearing away debris or twigs or anything that a kit might trip over. This she is good at. This she can do. The one thing she can do is this. It's not... a glamorous job. But there's pride somewhere in being a camp keeper. Grandmama wouldn't approve. She knows that. Deep down (maybe not that deep down) Cinder doesn't really approve either. But what else can she do? What else is she good for? She isn't whole like everyone else! And even those who aren't whole, like Mistlewhisker, they seem perfectly fine, so what's wrong with her? Why is Cinder somehow the exception to getting around disability just fine?

There is little else to do, now. She'd already gone around the clearing twice now, and picked up all that she could, she'd inspected the walls of all the dens as best she could, looking for imperfections or damage. But they were all newly made, there wasn't anything to repair. And so Cinder finds herself... hovering in place. She is not sure what her next step is supposed to be, but she's antsy, and she feels restless with nowhere to put that energy.

Part of her wants to sit in the company of a friend but... she doesn't really have any of those. Or maybe in the presence of family, but the problem with that was that she isn't sure if her family even likes her, so there's little use forcing a relationship if it never existed in the first place. And if they want to talk to her..? What'll she do then? Her words are locked so far away she doesn't even remember how to speak at this point! Would they be upset that she's still not very good at signing either?

Just as she's deliberating what to do, eyes scanning the clearing for a place to escape to, amber eyes lock with Sleepypaw's blue, and Cinderpaw freezes in place, unsure of herself and whether or not to make the first move and approach.

[ @Estelle - sleepy // @furrensic - if you wanted quill to come bother them lol ]

Watching. Observing. She had been busying her days but today, in this moment, vibrant blue eyes were watching a younger feline from the shadows. Cinderpaw; reserved, unspoken, distant. Sleepypaw had no particular relation with any of her siblings, and yet, sometimes, she found herself thinking… She should. They were her responsibility as much as they were mama’s, she had come to think, and she had not been fulfilling her duty of a big sister well.

That is why, when Sleepypaw took notice of Cinderpaw cleaning the clearing – checking it’s surroundings – being responsible, she paused. She watched. Sleepypaw could’ve helped, but what if this was a duty given by Miss Grandmama, or mama, or Cinderpaw’s mentor? What if this was training? Cinderpaw seemed to be doing a good job by herself – Sleepypaw wouldn’t intrude.

Still, when the younger apprentice finished and their eyes suddenly locked, vibrant blues stared back at gentle ambers without movement (without blinking), waiting until Cinderpaw did something.

Moments passed by, it felt like an eternity had passed, when the black and white-tufted apprentice finally rose from her position, silently prowling closer to her younger sister, face dull. Reaching Cinderpaw’s side, Sleepypaw came to stand opposite her – silent for some seconds – before she uttered a single word of praise.
“Good.”

[ @furrensic ]

Old June 8th, 2024, 10:28 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mysterious

Fogpaw

shadowclan apprentice | he/him | 9 moons | albino
purrks; kitty softpaws (inactive)
tags; @redshiftreign [Grousepaw] @zozelen [Brownpaw]

Fogpaw paces around camp, staring intently at his paws. His tail is about twice as fluffed up as usual and his eyes are wide and round like the sun beating down in his pelt. The apprentice tries to focus on his paws instead of the thoughts running around his head.

Unfortunately, the focus on his paws only makes him ram right into Grousepaw and Brownpaw.

The apprentice stumbles to the ground. He shakes his head and mumbles, "I- S-Sorry... I'm... I'm sorry..." He curses himself for this stuttering as he tries to brush some dirt off his pelt.

Last edited by MangofDoom; June 8th, 2024 at 10:28 PM.
Old June 9th, 2024, 06:45 AM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Lostspark — ShadowClan Enforcer

“Again.” Lostspark sighed as she stared down at the cat she’d knocked down for the third time that day. They’d been sparring for quite a while now - it was sundown now - and this cat was just adamant to not lose. Which, considering how many times they’d gotten up again, she was impressed with. That determination, that drive to win — she would not undermine it. So she’d humor them, she’d keep sparring with them until they either tired out or won. “I know.” She said again when they opened their maw. “You can do this all day. You’ve already said that.” Her muscles were strained, begging her to stop so she could rest, but Lostspark ignored it.

[ OPEN to a warrior or an apprentice. They are just outside camp ; this takes place after The Forest Roars. ]

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.
Old June 9th, 2024, 07:02 AM
Still staring nervously

Her whiskers twitched, paws flexed. She had wanted to seek out mama after the fight against RiverClan - who would have thought it would turn into this. Battling, sparring; it was so much easier that day on the battlefield, taking down apprentice after apprentice, landing blow after blow - yet here, she was throw to the ground again and again and again. A stark reminder of her incapability. A strong reminder of how far she had yet to go, of how much she had yet to learn - how much she still needed to learn. Her lip curled, and Sleepypaw, legs aching, pushed herself back up. She wouldn't stop. She couldn't stop. She had to prove to mama that she could fight, that she could win. She wouldn't rest until she achieved that goal.

Picking herself up from the ground, Sleepypaw dragged her paws to stand opposite her mama once more, sterling her resolve to win this fight and yet whenever she looked back, thought about how to attack - all she saw were the bodies, the blood, the mauled leg and disjointed tail that that ThunderClanner had done to the deputy. It made her blood run cold, frozen, fearful, fearful of herself; but she couldn't put mama's name to shame. She couldn't put herself to shame. She had to win. Mama was taller, stronger; she had to be fast, work around her lesser abilities as she dashed forth once again - how many times had she done that now? - ducked low and swerving at the last second to try and leap on top of her mama and slam a paw against the back of her neck; were they using claws, or were they not?

[ @Rose - Let me know if you'd rather not have Sleepy for this ! Thought I'd try throwing her at Lark since she wanted to approach Lost post-battle anyway; let me know if you'd like me to remove this ]

Old June 9th, 2024, 01:55 PM
LOOKS LIKE THE REAL THING

Bump Policy: call me when you need me!
My Mood: Yeehaw

AIN'T NO WAY FOR A BOY TO BE
── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✧ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──
MOSQUITOKIT . 1 MOON . HE/HIM . SHADOWCLAN

( SET THE NIGHT OF THE 3v1 )

While Shadekit watches the clearing, Mosquitokit watches her.

He's aware, faintly, that this staring habit of his isn't a very good one to lean into. Staring is bad, says everyone's mother ever, but sneakily he justifies this staring with the fact that Shadekit appears to be doing some staring of her own. More or less. And it's fine to look at someone who's looking, right? His looking and her looking aren't so different, right??

He's able to smother the overactive voice of his conscience for now, but it'll no doubt catch up to him soon. Such is life for the skinny black tom.

His oversized bat ears twitch as he dismisses the nervous thought tangent, shelving his concerns about looking at cats looking for the time being so he can get back to it. The looking, that is. The clearing's quieter this evening than it usually is, he thinks. Sedate enough that his head didn't start spinning the moment he cautiously stepped a paw out of the nursery, which emboldened him to risk a few more steps, which led him to watching Shadekit. Like her, he'd been watching—observing—everything, head on a swivel and heart in his throat, but he hadn't expected to find another kit out here. Not that he had any real reason not to, he just hadn't.

So when he did, he stared.

He's still doing that, by the way, watching Shadekit watch the world. He's wondering if she's thinking about how quiet the clearing is tonight, or if she's wondering when all those cats who went out will come back and if they'll be twice as loud as usual when they do. That's what Mosquitokit had been wondering, but now he's just wondering about what this other kit's thinking, and evidently he has to stare very hard at her and creep very slowly toward her to figure that out.

@SnowheartTC
throws another kit at you y_y