Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan > ShadowClan Events

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
the case of the kit who...
Last post by zBlaze
Today 10:16 AM
Sig Rating!!!
by 19796
Last post by SnowheartTC
Today 10:16 AM
IDIOTICBEAN'S ART SHOP
Last post by Seamrog
Today 10:09 AM
Finder for all of my...
by ollie
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 10:07 AM
The pinto shop~
Last post by PINTO BEAN
Today 10:01 AM

Old May 26th, 2024, 11:41 AM
<3

Status: I promise I don’t bite… well I do but it’s with love
Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) // 24 - 48 (1 - 2 days) if important <3
My Mood: Angelic

Default Re: It all falls down [SHC Event]

。゚゚・。・゚゚。
゚。 Mossfreckle (ShC)
 ゚・。・゚ they/he ~ medicine cat

❦ Each bundle left the medicine cats den, a brief few words slipping from his maw as he passed each leaf wrapped parcel to the next cat in the line - some were eclectic and come were organised, all were meticulous on the end as he had made sure to grab one of each of the precious herbs that rested in a hoarded stockade within their den… [/I]his den… no one’s den…[/I] they were leaving and Lostspark was stepping down, the medicine cats feathery twitched deep in thought, he loved her regardless, his older sister - his choose kin - but part of him still wondered if her leaving was his fault and maybe it was… but it was not a bad thing… his tattered heart told him it was not a bad thing and he was obliged for once in his life to believe such. Oriental shaped ears perked as honeyed tones settled sweetly on the sensitive hairs within their canals, turning to the tricoloured stripped tabby the herbalist gave a brief description of her bundle before turning to the next questioning form, “You have dock and comfrey, Hazlestripe,” the next was Bristlethorn who had been brought to him by Kestrelpaw, “Take this please, it will help reduce the fever. Once we get to camp I want you to rest and come back to me if anything starts to turn for the worse,” the tom spoke after he returned with borage from the back of his soon to be hallow den.

❦ With all inquires handled, white tipped paws padded along with the precession of shadowy forms that wispep in melancholic silence and hushed tones through the pine forest as Dawnstar lead the way to Morning ruins… their new home… and mossy hues couldn’t help but dart to the side to catch the slowly shrinking vision of the medicine den in his peripheral - his home, his memories of the past few moons where he had grown into the feline he was now, more importantly the remaining herbs that sat in neat little piles, in neat little rows like a kit who was told to say… waiting for the clan to return back… but no one was coming back because this wasn’t a lost living being but a mere withered plant that the medicine cat had grown to care for in his own silly way. Starry mind twinkled solemnly and Mossfreckle pressed his lanky freckled form closer to Fogwatcher’s splotched silvery softness, it was not that the herbalist was ungrateful for the multitude of helping paws that had come to his beckoning and taken his meticulous - yet quickly bundled - leaf parcels of herbs without a fuss, he was simply consumed within his mind, the only centring presence was the tom who has stayed next to him… had not left him when he had selfishly asked him to stay… part of Mossfreckle was confused, was this a falsetto moment or blissful reality - he wasn’t too sure.

❦ Dawnstar’s authoritative tones rang through Morning Ruins as the shadows flowed into their new camp…the warriors den, the nursery, his den… his den, Mossfreckle moved smoothly to sit within the lichen covered entrance, bits of plants draping his angular head and framing his face as the wisteria once had upon his first outing with Fogwatcher, the young medicine cat could not help but smile for a moment, a minute moment of his maw, a simply tweak of white twinged corners… but for a moment he was only happy… shaking his angular head Mossfreckle returned to the moment, ”Those who carried herbs come drop them off at the entrance of my den, once that is done go make yourself useful elsewhere,please,” with that the lanky oriental shaped herbalist pushed through the lichen curtains and began to unbundle his leaf parcel and organise the herbs within the crevices that cracked through the stones to form convenient compartments… he would need rebuild the stockade before the battle… he would need to hoard once more and he would need a stockade once more as soon as possible. Turning toward the entrance as his oriental shaped ears perked to to the hurried tones that ricocheted against the walls of his burrowed den, “Raspberryswirl,” the herbalist called over his freckled shoulder, “bring Brownpaw into the medicine cats den. Please bring some of the moss you were gathering so we can have a nest for her and other patients in here,” raised, calm tones filtered clearly through the shrouding of lichen and into the new clearing.

{ @Rose ~ Lostspark } { @Undertaker ~ Dawnstar } { @Estelle ~ Sleepypaw } { @Mica ~ Birdpaw } { @Neptune. ~ Cinderpaw } { @Eden ~ Wispypaw } { @Abyssopelagic ~ Silkpaw // Honeybite } { @Eden ~ Frecklekit } { @Aolani ~ Dizzycloud } { @Bean ~ Silvertrot } { @glitch ~ Silverpaw } { @Silver ~ Bitternpaw } { @Hound ~ Kestrelpaw } { @Rowan ~ Bristlethorn } { @redshiftreign ~ Grousepaw } { @SuspiciousMindz ~ Foggie <3 } { @Dark ~ Hazelstripe } { @starry ~ Palesong // Butterflyspark } { @zozelen ~ Brownpaw } { @ophelia ~ Raspberryswirl }

❀⊱ { SHADOWCLAN’S CURRENT HERB STORAGE ~ 2 blessed thistle // 2 boneset // 1 borage // 3 burdock root // 2 burnet // 3 catmint // 2 celandine // 4 chickweed // 10 cobwebs // 2 coltsfoot // 5 comfrey // 2 daisy // 3 dandelion // 2 dock // 1 dried yarrow // 3 elder flowers // 2 honeycomb // 2 juniper berries // 2 lady’s mantle // 3 lavender // 1 mallow // 8 marigold // 6 moss // 3 mushrooms // 8 oak leaves // 3 poppy flowers // 2 rosemary // 2 stinging nettle // 2 thyme // 2 yarrow } ⊰❀

Mossfreckle is Shadowclan’s Medicine Cat
Mossfreckle’s Tracker // ShadowClan Healing // ShadowClan Herb Storage // Roleplay Tracker

Last edited by ellie; May 26th, 2024 at 10:37 PM.
Old May 26th, 2024, 02:53 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Distracted

~ BRIARSPLASH ~
very large & fluffy dilute gray tortie she-cat with goldish-green eyes
shadowclan warrior | she-cat | 25 moons | abrasive, standoffish, loyal

~

Briarsplash's ears perked at Dawnstar's call and she came bounding over at once, giving a firm nod when the leader urged them on. The warrior could do with some rest herself; her paws were already aching from the rushed move and having to patch up some of the dens.

She followed them through the new area, making mental notes on some landmarks. Deathberries, huh? Briar didn't really know the first thing about herbs, but she assumed those berries were aptly named. She briefly wondered if they'd ever been used to poison someone... huh, probably. While still somewhat "new" to Clan life, she knew much better than to assume Clan cats would be above such treachery.

Silently she padded along, her footsteps surprisingly light despite her large bumbling form. She marked along the tree line and bushes, narrowing her eyes as she searched for any signs of threats. So far, it looked like they were alright... for now. Hopefully that just meant they could all go to their new nests and sleep for the whole night once they were done here. She did her best to make good coverage on her section and glanced around, trying to see if any other Clanmates were slacking. She'd be happy to compensate for their laziness, as long as she could glare at them the whole time.

/ Dawnstar [@/Undertaker ] Sleepypaw [ @Estelle ] | Lionflop [ @Desert Rain Frog ] | Foxear [ @Tallstar ] | Tuskedtuft [ @Aroogi ] | Sharpfrost [ @Willie Waft ]

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Last edited by squidz; May 26th, 2024 at 02:54 PM.
Old May 26th, 2024, 03:13 PM
kitty of stars

Bump Policy: ALL THE TIME
My Mood: Lurking

WISTERIAKIT
she/her // Kitten // 5 moons // “I daaare you.”

Wisteriakit shrunk inside herself. Everything was falling
falling
falling
falling
changing
changing
changing
CHANGING

She wasn’t sure how she liked change much. It wasn’t her favorite of the veeeeeery few things that she had encountered yet. Oh well!!

SAGEKIT
she/her // Kitten // 5 moons // “What’s that?”

Sagekit crouched low to the camp floor, sneaking up on Wisteriakit”s tail. Sneak. Sneak. Sneak. Sneak. Sneak. Sneak. Pounce! Her sister let out an indignant screech and turned on sage.

“Hehe..” Sage stood and walked quietly away from her glowering kin, to sit down where she could watch. Maybe she could help somehow!

Rose dropped a bucket of appreciation here, oops!

Last edited by constellation; May 26th, 2024 at 03:13 PM.
Old May 26th, 2024, 07:47 PM
Fiercefire is backkkk!

Bump Policy: 5-7 days, 3 if its important
My Mood: Busy

Cougarbite helped pull moss together to make a makeshift nest for himself, Forestpaw, and Falconkit. The other 3 kits were with Dreamingbloom right now and he hoped Forestpaws littermates were with their mentors.
I'm active most week days from 8:00am-3pm EST, and sporadically on weekends and holidays, but often significantly less than I am during school days. Won't be online afterschool most days and def not Wednesdays cuz karateee.
~~~~
Please DO NOT use LIGHT or GREEN/BLUE colors when RPing with me. I cannot see them
~~~~
| Cougarbite | Cloudheart | Forestpaw | Fiercefire! |
~~~~

Old May 26th, 2024, 07:52 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

QUILLPAW
he/him. 7 moons. dark grey tom; tabby markings; light grey markings, amber and blue eyes.
[ mind reader ]

with the nests quillpaw managed to gather from the old camp, he evenly distributes them between the apprentices and warrior's den.

[closed]

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old May 27th, 2024, 12:07 AM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

#GUTSPAW
it . . teeth . . bite
spiky-furred black tabby with striking icy blue eyes; huge fluffy tail & a few scars in the shapes of bite-marks - currently has pink nail caps on
[ ╰┈➤ @Poprock @IDIOTICBEAN101 @SeonghwasBunnyEars @Aolani @furrensic ] // wanted to give this a quick reply so guts didnt leave unfinished o/

Gutspaw flinched back at the sudden touch - a tail running along its shoulder. It stared at Mothcloud with an incredibly confused look, tilting bite's head slightly to the side. Its gaze looked her up and down, eyebrows furrowing. Could - ,, could she read its mind? Improbable. ... It started to think of the most disturbing thoughts it could conjure, awaiting for some sign of acknowledgement - horror to briefly pass over her face. And when it never came its shoulders relaxed. ,, or Mothclould had amazing control over her expressions. Another possible situation but, well, Gutspaw was pretty sure it couldn't be exiled for its thoughts.

"'Tis fine, don't blame you. Don't think anyone expected to get a whole pack of cats as helpers. You're er, welcome, though, " The apprentice mewed in a muffled voice, look, it could have manners. At times. Besides, it seemed like Gutspaw wasn't the only cat here uncomfortable being huddled so tightly together if Mothcloud's defensive position meant anything.

And then another cat appeared. Seriously, what the actual hell? There were now six cats in total. W, wait. waaitt a moment. First off, it was incredibly surprised Squrrielpaw was still alive. Second of all — best friend? Did - noo, surely not. It snapped it head to stare at Goopywhisker. And stared, and stared - eyes squinting at him with a curious look. No way in hell Squirrelpaw and its brother were friends, much less best friends. (shamefully, and stupidly, a sense of being replaced filled its chest. bile rose up in its throat.)

It looked back to Squirrelpaw who was now staring at teeth with a mildly terrified look. (You suggest someone may die to natural selection one time -) Gutspaw frowned at her and kept staring until she looked away. Teeth did not want her influencing Goopywhisker. He was already squishy enough.

And then Yellowtwist spoke and he really shouldn't have. This was laughable, actually. To help or not to help the outcome would never matter. It was doomed if teeth tried and damned if it didn't.

Gutspaw stared at Yellowtwist for a long period of time - unblinking, unwavering before dropping the nest it was holding. It was incredibly hard to keep its mouth shut when some warriors just had a superiority complex and clearly needed some sense knocked into them. (and maybe some bugs in their nest for good measure - compensation for the growing headache.) Its stomach was rumbling and a headache had fully formed.

"You kiddin' me? We're redundant? Swarmin' like bees? That's a lot comin' from someone who looks like they could fit right in a hive full of bees. You're practically a counterfeit. " It retorted, fluffy tail lashing back and forth. Really, not the best analogy to use when your fur consisted of only gold and black colors.

"Besides, I dunno if you have short-term memory loss but for the record, you came over here trying to help us when Russetpaw and I were perfectly capable of helping Mothcloud alone. I was just trying to organize the damn chaos but if that threatens your fragile ego that much then we'll bid you adieu, " The tabby spoke lowly, spite dripping from teeth's tone. Hell, it could still recall when Yellowtwist was an apprentice — the audacity was bewildering to try and act like he had any authority.

The ironic part of it all was that had Yellowtwist approached this all in a more polite way bite would've gone without a retort or a comment. Gutspaw had already made up its mind to get the hell out of dodge when the bloody sixth cat showed either way.

It turned to Mothcloud who was shooting Yellowtwist a small look and the apprentice had to hold back a laugh. It was incredibly satisfying when someone who was a bit older supported teeth. "Thanks, think I'll give you er, six some space though. Think at this rate we'll all be tripping over our paws this close together. I'll keep your nest nice and safe while I walk with Slytiger - and away from warrior's paws, " Gutspaw reassured smoothly, turning to the nest and picking it up once more.

It was a relief to arrive at their final location. The area was a bit unfamiliar, but perhaps it would be brimming for more resources. The apprentice was incredibly excited but nonetheless, it could not go straight to exploring. Patience was key. Gutspaw would place Mothcloud's nest in the nursery, grabbing its items out of it and quickly scurrying off to go claim a nest of teeth's own.

Which would prove to be an incredibly difficult feat because none of the nests seemed - right. Even with what bedding it had managed to drag with teeth, the location was - different. Too different and it made its skin crawl. An itchy feeling. A low groan escaped from Gutspaw, fluffy tail lashing back and forth. Cursed. All of the nests were cursed.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- easing back into roleplay / dealing with finals --
pronouns.cc
Old May 27th, 2024, 05:26 AM

Bump Policy: A week

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtuft View Post
Ashkit shuffled around with the moss, pressing it down into some sort of.. nest. It wasn’t exactly the best, but they roughly copied what they’d seen Doeflame doing.
“My name’s Ashkit!! Yeah! Also this new camp is AWESOME!!!”
Doeflame

Doeflame grinned at the kit's excitement. "Yeah. Have you seen the nursery yet, Ashkit?" She inspected Ashkit's handiwork; pretty good for a kit, better than what she could have done at their age. Not that she had done anything as a kit; being apprenticed had been a rude wakeup call. Changing bedding and getting ticks of elders sucked then and still sucked now.

"Good job," she told them. "Still don't know why you want to do work you don't have to do, but hey, everyone will love you as an apprentice. Don't be lazy like me, 'kay?"
Old May 27th, 2024, 05:33 AM
THE BIRDBRAIN

Bump Policy: anytime m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycatburmise View Post
Doeflame

Doeflame grinned at the kit's excitement. "Yeah. Have you seen the nursery yet, Ashkit?" She inspected Ashkit's handiwork; pretty good for a kit, better than what she could have done at their age. Not that she had done anything as a kit; being apprenticed had been a rude wakeup call. Changing bedding and getting ticks of elders sucked then and still sucked now.

"Good job," she told them. "Still don't know why you want to do work you don't have to do, but hey, everyone will love you as an apprentice. Don't be lazy like me, 'kay?"

ashkit
agenderthey/them - 5 moons
silvertongue [active!]

Ashkit looked up at Pigeonpaw proudly,
“Working is fun!! I bet that if I do all the boring apprentice stuff as a kit I will be able to LEARN TO KILL EVEN FASTER!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!”
Ashkit giggled maniacally for a solid minute.
Dear Starclan this kit was deranged.

“Anyway nuh uh!! Haven’t seen the nursery yet! I bet it’s also just as awesome as the rest of the camp!!”
They suddenly mewed cheerfully, grinning before running off.

stay sigma, chat!
pronouns.cc

Last edited by ashtuft; May 27th, 2024 at 08:21 AM.
Old May 27th, 2024, 10:37 AM
evermore haunting~

Bump Policy: Every 5 days! Please do bump me if i forgot! ¦¦ 1 Day if urgent!
My Mood: Sneaky

~Willow'Paw~
| 9 Moons | ShadowClan Apprentice | Female, She/Her | Purrks:
Kitty Soft Paws, Heightened Perception [smell]
[a small, fluffy tortoiseshell she-cat with pale green eyes and an atrociously fluffy tail]

Her little anxiety meter suddenly broke, and now a flood of that same anxiety was sweeping over her brain and half-drowning it. She could maybe do this. Its just moving some distance away. As they got ready to move, Willowpaw tried to make herself completely sure every kit was gathered around Nightshiver or Honeybite. When she was just about done, Dawnstar's voice rang out once again. She plopped herself around the middle of the kit group, in between the two queens. And then, they were moving towards they're new temporary home.

'Look, its just walking. This isn't so bad?'
Her ears very very much disagreed, and her nose was getting ready to kill her with odors once again, and now it was resorting to the horrid, cat-scent-amaboble pew pew ('Oh, well, Shiver me Timbers. What shall we ever do? OooOooh noo!' [sarcasm]). Willowpaw was soon brought back to the pretty petrifying real world, and she jumped as a mouse suddenly appeared between her paws, gave her wella spook, and then scurried away. That would've been a decently easy catch, even for a rather untrained apprentice like her. But right now, right now was SERIOUSLY NOT THE TIME TO TRY TO CATCH A MOUSE.
She felt her fur stand on end as a variety of other, terrifying creatures also fled from the Twolegs tearing up they're territory.
For once, Willowpaw was pretty happy that Twolegs were trying to murder trees, or else a lot more of her clan would be dead right now from the animals near them.
When they were around half way there, a particularly gargantuan root she somehow didn't see made a little loop in and out of the group. This root was gnarly, and if you weren't literally blind, you'd probably see it coming from literal miles away. But Willowpaw here, was watching an owl.
A yelp escaped from her maw as if she'd been attacked when her paw, unsurprisingly, got caught on that same root. The root didn't feel like letting her off without a fight, and so she found herself clawing and scratching at it before long in her fear of being left behind. It didn't give in. This was it. Left to be crushed by falling trees. Her whole life. Gone.
Because of a ROOT.
A ROOT OF ALL THINGS.
Goodbye cruel world, wish she never knew you.
'Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg… and my arm… even my paws-'
And then with a little 'SNAP' the root broke away from the ground, and she was saved from death by root, even if it was a little sore around her paw. Hooray! She hurried as fast as she could to the spot she was before, and by then, the shape of Mourning Ruins were already coming closer. She shivered slightly at the rickety and old and scorched thing, now keeping an eye out for any cheeky oversized-tree-mycelium. 'You do look awfully not-safe today' Willowpaw observed, eyeing the burnt structure warily.
The Twoleg building felt even more frightening then the last time she'd been here, and that meant this thing may as well be the single most terrifying thing on the planet. She was thankful that they didn't have to stay there for long, but she still felt her heart stop as they neared closer to the barn to follow along a path winding behind it. Willowpaw guessed that she could maybe scramble atop the heightened trail if she tried. And then she noticed that kits would almost definitely not make it up there on their own. She tried to help as much as she could to get the youngest of the clan up on the elevated path, but she only got one kit up there by herself, and mostly just helped the other, much stronger and buffer and fiercer cats to get them up there. Once all of the lil ones were safely on the pathway, she heaved herself atop the walkway. A brief flash of what-if-theres-some-twoleg-coming-now-walking-with-some-dog?????????? flashed flashily through her mind, but nobody came as they trekked through the forest built up of pines, and more pines and cedars and a trillion gazillion other things that she had no idea about. As they wandered on, a few tremendously large cedars came into view. At first Willowpaw didn't think too much of them: Trees, you know? They're sorta every where. So she was a bit surprised when they suddenly stopped.
'Uh, alright? New camp.' She thought, following Dawnstar's gaze as she named the dens. 'Now you better settle in quickly on your gonna get more nightmares then i can count i swear to god-'. The cliff seemed a little towering and she was decently sure if it fell and came crashing down onto the clearing it would kill a "tiny" bit more then two cats, and she did that "im gonna keep my eyes on you" gesture inwardly towards the sheer rocks. Before she could keep on giving herself reasons to absolutely despise that cliff, she was assigned to building two walls between cedars.

She along with 6 other cats were meant to manifest a wall into existence. Not too hard.
Except.
You know.
The manifesting stuff into existence part?
Willowpaw, for one, had absolutely no idea who to build a wall. Pile moss in layers over and over again? Weave together? Get a branch and use that as support? There were a lot of things she could think of, but for about all of them, moss was required. Or leaves. Or branches. Or mud. Or water. Or dark matter. Or wood. Or neutrons with extensive gravitational pull. Or more moss. So a lot of things that she could possibly need. She decided it was going to be pretty hard to retrieve some of those, so she took to the easiest one she knew. Willowpaw padded to one of the half-trees that had been split, where the stump made up the Apprentice's Den, and the barren branches made up the Elder's Den. There were many patches of moss that lined the split tree, she reared up to try to get at one of the biggest ones. A spray of moss, dirt and dust landed on her face, and she sneezed. Some of the dust had landed in her eyes, which was an annoying amount of pain that made her want to snap bark in half. Willowpaw realized she was being rather dumb. Looking right up into the moss as she clawed it off maybe wasn't the best plan. She began scraping moss off away from her, the rest of her body pivoted away from the falling greenery and eye-hazard. Now she had a decent collection of moss... and dirt that had tagged along with it. She carried the dirt-tangled green to the others she was meant to summon a wall with. "So, uh, I-I got this, uh, I-I g-got some m-moss." She mewed, to no-one specifically of the two, Dizzycloud and Squrrielpaw, who were the only two of, ahem, THEE WALL GATHERERS OF SHADOWCLANNER *BOOM EFFECT**BOOM**BOOM*."Err, so, ho-how do we ex-exactly build a-a wall?"
Personally, Willowpaw really wasn't feeling like gathering dark matter today.

[ @Aolani - Dizzycloud! | @furrensic - Squirrelpaw!
Fellow THEE WALL GATHERERS OF SHADOWCLANNER *BOOM EFFECT**BOOM**BOOM* Mentions!:
@Neptune - Petalrot Mention! | @lys.luvbot - Hawkcrest Mention! | @Starphobia - Silentpaw Mention! ]

(cough cough may or may not have just cursed willowpaw to have a new tormentor; the root cough cough)

Currently a little sick, replies and art commissions might be a bit slower

Old May 27th, 2024, 10:45 AM

Bump Policy: 24 Hours!
My Mood: Queenly

°Spider’Paw°
Male / Apprentice / 9 Moons / ShadowClan / Mentor: Bristle’Thorn
sleek, small black tom with brown eyes and long scar on his side
Purrks: None
Interaction For: @Marigoldwhisper

It was all odd and different for him, having to get used to a new camp. It wasn’t normal. How long would they have to stay here? How long would Bristle’Thorn be sick? Not knowing all the details made him antsy.

Spider'Paw padded quietly through the unfamiliar territory, his brow furrowed with worry. The scent of their new camp mingled with the lingering scent of two-legs, a reminder of the recent upheaval. The shadows seemed darker here, the undergrowth thicker, casting strange shapes and shadows that danced at the edge of his vision.

He glanced back over his shoulder, instinctively searching for Bristle'Thorn's familiar form. But she wasn't there, and the realization sent a pang of anxiety coursing through him. She had been uncharacteristically quiet since they arrived, her usually steady gait slowed by the fever that had taken hold of her.

Drawing in a deep breath, Spider'Paw tried to push aside his unease. He knew he had to be strong for both himself and his mentor. But it was hard, being in this unfamiliar territory without her guidance. He felt a sudden surge of frustration, wishing he could do more to help her.

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Spider'Paw continued onward, his senses alert for any signs of danger. The camp was quiet, the other cats going about their tasks with a sense of urgency that mirrored his own unease.

As he approached the den where Bristle'Thorn lay, he hesitated for a moment before slipping inside. The air was warm and still, the scent of herbs hanging heavy in the air. Bristle'Thorn lay curled up in her nest, her breathing shallow and labored.

He shouldn’t bother her, but it was so difficult. He searched her face and pressed his paw to her forehead, searching for any sign of improvement. None…he sighed, slipping back out of the den quietly and returning to the clearing, trying to find some familiar face that he could assist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~