dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend-Wondering View Post
Rosekit
Male / 3 Moons / ThunderClan / Sexuality Unknown
Chocolate-brown and russet tabby Tom with fluffy fur and bright amber eyes, thin scars on his legs and a wide scar across the bottom half of his face

Sure, I’ve got half a face, but you’ve got yourself half a brain, so I’m sure we’ll get along just fine, ey?
~Rosekit

✽❀✽

When Rosekit finished speaking, falling quiet, one thought entered his head. Here I am exploding about dream battles… while she’s been through real ones. REAL fights, wars. Maybe I look pretty dumb worrying… but it couldn’t hurt to ask about it, could it? Rosekit was aware that he was only three moons old, with very limited knowledge of the outside world. But he couldn’t help but feel very awkward dumping his baby-anxieties onto the cat who had seen and been through fight after fight, conflict after conflict, freaking himself out over some insignificant, sad little dream. But it was too late to take back the question, so why not listen to her answer?

Rosekit noticed the leader’s brow pinch, and he looked down at his paws. Yup. Probably annoyed her… great stars, can’t I just sleep? Sleep peacefully instead of ranting off FOR ONCE?! He forced himself to look back up, snapping back on a curious and childish look, assuming that was what older cats expected from kittens his age, and kept staring. Then once Bumblestar started to speak, his brain finally decided to shut up and let Rosekit pay attention to what she had to say.

The little russet tom’s ears perked when he heard Bumblestar tell him that they’d be walking and talking, and he got back on balance with a slight hop onto his toes. A walk? Oh, great- I’m good at those. I like walking, too, so- The kit’s brain went silent again once he realized that his leader was headed straight for the nursery again. He felt slightly disappointed- he had been hoping for an excuse to wander out and around ThunderClan’s camp in the middle of the night, and now he had the unwanted image of a sleep-deprived parent leading their angsty child back to bed. But he shook the feeling away. Oh well. I guess that’s fine too. Maybe I’ll sleep nicely… um… without dreams, that is.

When Bumblestar started back towards the nursery with the flick of her tail, Rosekit picked up the pace and skipped along after her. He made sure to keep his mouth shut while she answered his long question. Bumblestar explained the chaos and bloodiness of battles, including the fact that normally battles lead to deaths. Rosekit thought back to his dream. There was certainly lots of blood and chaos, his own very much included, and it wasn’t a very beautiful scene. But what could a cat expect from a battle? Peace and understanding? Unity? Rosekit decided that this didn’t surprise him. Of course cats died fighting, what was a battle without its risks? But it was she-cat’s comment about focus and personal death that really made Rosekit think.

He definitely hadn’t been doing the best job at surviving during his dream-fight. It hadn’t felt very nice, either. In future battles, he was sure to make an effort to… well, not get himself caught in that sort of situation. He kept on listening, hearing about how battles and fights were simply a part of life and the world Clan-Cats lived in, and about how they were normally inevitable for cats like them. That was, unless there was a pre-existing issue with the leader and their personality that managed to prevent battles from happening, though likely at a cost. And yet it could all end it death, lazy-pushover leader or not. And that was why they trained, then. To prepare for all of the chaos and blood, and to prevent as much ThunderClan suffering as they could. Well, that all makes sense, then. Rosekit thought to himself, glancing back down at his paws.

Once his leader finished speaking, there was a small silence. Rosekit continued to walk towards the nursery, dragging his paws a little bit as he went. It would be pretty stupid jumping into a battle and expecting to make it out unfazed and untouched… of course. Especially for apprentices. What am I in for, when it comes to my training? He had never expected it to be easy, but would really have to worry about… well, duh! Of course, of course, I knew all of this! He thought angrily. I am well aware that I could die, that I could get hurt, get upset- I KNOW, I KNOW, I KNOW! It’s just weird thinking about it, that’s all. I can’t just forget about my motivation… that’ll make things worse. I don’t know.

Rosekit exhaled, lifting his head and looking up tiredly at the nursery. Well, now that he had his dream-scene grazed into his head, he had no choice but to adjust to it and continue talking about the topic, get used to the frightening idea being stuck in his young mind through conversation. So quickly, Rosekit came back with a response. “…I guess that’s all true. Well, very true. I- I dunno what image of a battle I had in my head up until now, but somethin’ was definitely up with it. Ain’t nobody gonna hop on into a battle and enjoy themself, right?

He thought about training again, and spoke his thoughts on it aloud. “All the time I’ve been here, I’ve always been thinkin’ hard about training… but kind’a sort’a inaccurately. For some reason, I’d thought it’d be some sort’a breeze, but uh… yeah, nah. I mean, don’t get me wrong, like- trust me, I’ll still put my heart and soul into it all or whatever, but now I’m seein’ all these complications and worries.” Of course, now he realized that he was just complaining. So the tom-Kit added, “…Buuut… we’ve got ourselves a leader like you, so at least the clan’s well-run! Eh? I’m guessin’ I’ll just have’ta really try in while trainin’, so I can keep safe in fights! A real warrior!

As Rosekit had went on and on about himself and his perspective during his answer, slowly but surely, he had started to lose the majority of his fright. Most of the motivation was kicking back in, and once again, he was confident that he could build himself a decent- if not good- future to live in. But now he realized that it would require some patience… and he certainly wouldn’t be getting too much done during his Kithood. So great, some cats had taught him to pause on a stone or two- that wouldn’t last him through any kind of battle he’d ever heard of. But once he was an apprentice, Rosekit was more than prepared to learn and practice, practice, practice! But of course, I’ve gotta include some fun into the mix! He promised himself. Otherwise, I may as well give up on all hope in staying motivated. Can’t feel happy without happiness!

✽❀✽

~ @dino. ~

Bumblestar stopped next to the nursery with a shrug as Rosekit started on his ramble again. "A lot of cats might not like it, but some do. Personally, I don't mind the risk. 'N I definitely don't mind putting cats who turn their claws on my Clan in their place. That's the other part of it, the satisfaction you get knowing you've done what you can to protect your Clanmate's, maybe even avenge 'em if they've been wrongfully hurt."

She had to stifle another yawn, this time with a sideways glance down at Rosekit. "It's late 'n you should be sleeping, but if you want, I could show you some of the basics real quick if you're this ready to get started with training. Help you get ahead of your denmates a bit."

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training
Old May 24th, 2024, 04:20 PM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Three Days
My Mood: Asleep

Rosekit
Male / 3 Moons / ThunderClan / Sexuality Unknown
Chocolate-brown and russet tabby Tom with fluffy fur and bright amber eyes, thin scars on his legs and a wide scar across the bottom half of his face

Sure, I’ve got half a face, but you’ve got yourself half a brain, so I’m sure we’ll get along just fine, ey?
~Rosekit

✽❀✽

Rosekit took a moment to think over what all he had said just after he had said it. Darn, I sure hope I’m not being a pain in Bumblestar’s tail here, he hoped desperately. I mean, she’s lived this long and gotten this dark surely she’s had to deal with kits bugging her at night before? Well… maybe not at night, because I guess they’d be asleep… but… still! I can’t be the worst thing she’s dealt with. Anyway, I’d say we’re having some pretty productive conversation, so uh- time to carry on! This is worth it! He lifted his head and glanced upward to stare at his leader’s face.

If there was anything he should be thinking about, Rosekit had decided, then it would be training and being a helpful asset to ThunderClan. Having a good conversation with the leader who stood next to him was just the first stone of many stepping stones Rosekit planned on taking, jumping and skipping his way to warrior-hood and glory. Well, glory is an awfully direct way of putting it… no, power! Oh, stars, that’s even worse- hm… I guess just strength, then! The more strength I’ve got in me, the better I’ll be for this clan and all the other cats in it, right? Glory’ll just come as a side! And an enjoyable side, at that. Rosekit looked back down and smiling at the ground for a moment, before wiping the silliness of his face and trying to look serious again.

But if I plan on getting glory and appreciation, I think that means I’ll have to try extra hard, He reminded himself, feeling a slight pull on his heart. It was never very fun, thinking about all of the effort and work that he would have to put into becoming something great. I mean, the warriors an’ apprentices around… they’ll appreciated alright, but most of them ain’t anything godly. I think it takes some dominance to gain respect… but maybe I’ll get there. Correction: hopefully I’ll get there.

When Bumblestar came to a stop beside nursery, the russet tom-kit joined her, slowing the pace of his paws. He paused a small distance away from the tabby leader, blinking and lifted his head to watch her from below. While Bumblestar shrugged, Rosekit turned to glance over at the nursery. I’m guessing this is about it, He realized, with sad acceptance. I have a nightmare, it freaks me out and temporarily ruins my motivation, and then I go bother Bumblestar. Oh, what a day. But nonetheless, he listened carefully as his leader spoke. Everything she had said so far was already implanted into his head, so chances were, the upcoming explanation was going to be equally memorable.

She told him that cats’ perspectives on the whole topic varied, some enjoying it and others not. Rosekit could see the truth in that. He had come across several cats who were oddly fascinated by the idea of battling and getting involved in conflict, but Rosekit didn’t feel as if he had any right to judge them. Hey, technically I was having my own battle fantasies until… well, until just a minute ago when my imagination decided to kick my butt. Again, I can’t be talking. Rosekit quit thinking about his hypocrisy and returned to paying attention. Bumblestar informed him that she personally didn’t mind the risk of it all, and this was especially the case when she felt the opponents truly deserved the struggle they were receiving. Rosekit understood, and even just hearing Bumblestar explain that satisfaction that she liked to feel when accomplishing something from battle and/or rescuing/avenging her loved ones and clanmates made Rosekit’s heart lift. I think that makes lots of battles worth it, maybe, Rosekit’s thoughts suggested. The vengeance and satisfaction? Well, duh-! at least if they deserved what they got!

He noticed Bumblestar yawn, and for a second or two, the tom-kit went back to wondering whether he was being a bothersome lump of fur or not. Well, of course she was going to be tired- she was leader of ThunderClan, what could he have expected from her? But he abandoned the thoughts as quickly as he could- after all, all they did was annoy him and make him feel bad. Rosekit understood that if he planned on becoming the pack of physical and emotional strength that he wanted to be then he was going to have to quit beating himself up over such simple things. Great, she yawned. He thought with irritation, eyebrows furrowing. Fun, fun- now, brain, shut the heck up.

He heard her mention sleep, and shivered a little bit. The idea of getting back in his nest and suffering through another nightmare already made his fur prickle and rise, but fortunately, the next thing he heard took his mind off of it. Bumblestar offered to show him some training basics before he hobbled off back on into the nursery. Rosekit’s focus instantly snapped away from the nursery, landing directly on his leader. Sorry, what was that? He wanted to ask, but she spoke over his thoughts. He processed the last part of her suggestion, ‘…get started with training. Help you get ahead of your denmates a bit.’ The kit’s eyes flashed and shone, and a small smile quickly slipped across his face. Teach… me? Early training? No way, literally no way! That’d be freakin’ awesome!

Rosekit stuttered up his voice, and scrambled to face Bumblestar fully, amber eyes wide and full of energy. “Wh- whe- What? Oh, I mean- y-yes!” He shook the awkwardness form his head, before blinking away the blurry result and staring right back at his leader. “That… would be great! I mean, if you’ve got the time, yeah, I’d appreciate it!

Rosekit took one final look at the nursery, imagining his denmates safe and sound in the nursery, snoring away beside their mothers. Get ahead of my denmates, she said? He narrowed his eyes and smirked a little. Yeah, any time! Hehe, speaking of glory and dominance- I ACCEPT THE OFFER! He smiled up at Bumblestar. “Yeah, I’d love to beat my denmates…! No, sorry- I meant, ‘I’d love to get a jumpstart past my denmates!’ Thanks uh… thanks Buslembar- sorry, no, Bumblestar. I’d like that a ton!

Rosekit didn’t even bother to start up another ramble-rant. He just shut his mouth and ended it there, like the full filled cat he was feeling like at that moment. The russet tabby put a new image of his head. It was his older self again, but instead of being the center of attention, he was only building his way up to it. It just made more sense. Now that he’d been through that nightmare accident, Rosekit looked back on his previous images of his older self, right smack at the center of attention with no effort involved, and wanted to fall over laughing. Wow. I am… dumb!

He thought back to the newer image, and felt a wave of respect for the idea. That was somewhere he could easily get to. All he had to do was out in work, and boom, better-self achievement would be achieved. Rosekit squinted down at his paws. I really put so much thought into something so stupidly unrealistic? Man, thanks to Bumblestar, cause that must’ve made me look like a complete child, all naïve and brainless. Glad that’s mostly over now. Hopefully.

✽❀✽

~ @dino. ~

Feel free to stop by, request a roleplay, or just chat! I’m all open!

WIP Character Biographies //

Have a nice day! ~ Fritz ~

Last edited by Weekend-Wondering; May 24th, 2024 at 06:42 PM.
Old May 24th, 2024, 08:38 PM

Bump Policy: 2 days
My Mood: Yeehaw

◢◣ RAGGEDEAR | 28 MOONS | HE/HIM ◢◣
fluffy, russet tom with yellow eyes, torn left ear, & black paw tips

꧁꧂

Raggedear looked around, realizing that battle was truly upon them in the coming days. His gaze flitted around his Clanmates. 'ThunderClan is strong, but we should all be prepared just in case.' Finally, his eyes rested an apprentice. "Blazepaw!" He called out, hoping it got their name right. "How about some battle training? Have you had any before?" The large warrior gazed at the apprentice, sizing them up trying to determine what their strengths might be.

[ @zozelen | sorry for short starter, doing like 5 diff things rn T-T ]

pixelgifs by @/SnowheartTC

Last edited by leopardheart00; May 24th, 2024 at 08:38 PM.
Old May 24th, 2024, 08:47 PM
i did need you.

Bump Policy: 72 hours [ please provide link ]

purrks ; beefed up t1 , mind reader , sticky pads
5 moons . #flocklitterwarbler . adhd + chronic fatigue
tags ; @Alchemist Kitsune - sprucejumper
trigger warnings for this post: none

warblerpaw was definitely.. confused. this strange cat did not want to play with him, this cat did not want to talk with him (he had said one single word), and he looked super duper de-duper bored. warblerpaw was going to change that!! he bounced to his feet, poking sprucejumper with a paw. ' what's a trivial? anyway. i'm warblerpaw. '

the cat in question paused, bouncing back and forth. ' you can use he and him pronouns for me. do you wanna play? we can go.. uh.. hunting..? or maybe we could go just on a walk or something. or we could play mossball. i don' really care what we do as long as it's fun!! ' he continued listing options for sprucejumper to choose, then finally stopped and stared at the young warrior. ' so which one d'you wanna do? '

cobwebpaw ☆ foxprick
trackers
Old May 25th, 2024, 02:11 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

ferndew
she/her // 36 moons // thc warrior

---

Everything around camp was happening so quickly. Talks of war, talks of banishment... Stars, what was it all coming to? And how long until she was next?

The molly is absorbed in her thoughts until she spots a familiar coat. That of one of the medicine cats. Normally she doesn't let her gaze linger upon any clan mate in particular for too long lest she be darkened with impending doom. But she couldn't stop herself. The feelings begin to flood her veins and she's trembling, approaching Drizzlecloud with panic-stricken eyes.

"D-Drizzlecloud, you... You must be careful. You have to be." Is all she says before staring at her once more with that terrified gaze.

Just what did she mean? Clan mates tended to avoid her and her paranoid ramblings. Though she was just trying to save them before it was too late. Or at least... That's what she had hoped to do.

drizzlecloud | @Omari

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !

Last edited by silver.; May 25th, 2024 at 02:16 PM.
Old May 25th, 2024, 02:24 PM
High-Function Autistic

Status: Highly Functioning Autistic who is easily frustrated, so if I say something I don’t mean, I’m so
Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Angelic

Larkswoop existed.

(CLOSED ACTIVITY POST WHILST I CAN)

ON SCRATCH

Robinstar
is ThunderClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Roaringstar is SkyClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Pareidoliastar is WindClan’s current Leader! She has an open den policy.
Anachronismpounce is ShadowClan’s current Deputy.
Do not ask how I got so many lol.
Old May 25th, 2024, 07:37 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaybug. View Post

Ripplepaw

Ripplepaw's face dropped and his eyes started to tear up. "... they're dead?" The apprentice was frozen in place as he heard the words. The words which ultimately broke his heart, his parent was dead. Asterdance had meant everything to Ripplepaw. They were the only thing he had after all of his family was murdered and some vanished.

Ripplepaw looked up at Spiderthroat and swallowed hard as tears started to fall onto the ground. "H-how d-did they d-die Spiderthroat?" It was the only thing he wanted to know. He tried wiping his tears but it didn't help any.

Spiderthroat
He/Him || ThunderClan Deputy
Beefed Up Tier III || Just a Scratch || Hulk SMASH

There it was. He'd experienced this pit in his stomach once before when reporting the death back to Bumblestar. Doing his best to remain stoic, the calico let out a grunt of confirmation. Sucking in a breath in an attempt to steady his breathing once more. "Poisoned by RiverClan...moons ago." the deputy said.

Brows furrowing as he Subconciously leaned forwards, lifting a paw in an attempt to wipe at the tears. "Don't worry, they're still with us, probably been fussin over you this entire time up in your StarClan." he said, if landed, his paw unmoving from gently pressing up against the cheek of the younger.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old May 26th, 2024, 02:14 AM
.·:*¨♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆☆≈¨*:·.

Bump Policy: 1 week unless its time sensitive
My Mood: Inspired

Hawkcatcher
@Dark

The calm today. The patrols had been sent out and a few mentors had left to train with their apprentices, but apart from that, not too much was going on. Hawkcatcher had been pacing around the camp, checking on the dens and walls, seeing if the freshkill-pile needed to be restocked, and scanning the camp to see if something needed to be cleaned out. But no. Everything seemed done.

She should be happy it about it, and to some extent she was, but she had also never been someone to just sit around, doing nothing. Maybe in the evening she would go on a walk and relax a bit, but for now she needed something to do. So Hawkcatcher walked towards the apprentices' den. She knew far too well that many apprentices weren't given enough training by their mentors, so she had made a habit or occasionally checking if any of them wanted to do a lesson or needed to learn something specific. But maybe she wanted to focus on climbing today. Fighting would be good, self-defence even better, but climbing and knowing how to traverse the tree crowns could help a lot with getting away from things like foxes, badgers, dogs, and maybe even Riverclanners if need be.

Bending down to look inside the apprenitces' den, she could make out quite a few youngsters. "I'm taking one or two apprentices for climbing training if any of you need a lesson in that." How very eloquent. But Hawkcatcher had never been as formal with apprentices or kits, and in this case, she'd rather be straight forward.

※⁕‡→ Lumi's shop ←‡⁕※

Do you have a cat in the Atari? Dm me for... a thing... more details then

_______________ Tracker _______________
¨•┈꒰ა ♡⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ Springkit - Wyvern - Hawkcatcher - Pigeonpaw - Saturn ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆ ♡ ໒꒱┈•¨

My purrks

Old May 26th, 2024, 06:34 PM
losing sanity

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Amused

Fallingpaw rested
Old May 26th, 2024, 10:55 PM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Sleepy

DaylightWing
DaylightKit, DaylightPaw

13 Moons | She/Her | Bisexual

ThunderClan Warrior

___

@taillow

___

DaylightWing padded up to RedHawk, her tail swaying back and forth. 'Hi, Red! What's being a hornet like? Is it hard?' She sat down, leaning in to lick at her stub as the missing part decided to pretend it was totally still there. Itchy. Boooo

MossRoot is RootClan's current Leader