Last post by Tallstar
Today 11:24 AM
fog and truth [f]
by alec
Last post by alec
Today 11:23 AM

Old May 21st, 2024, 11:25 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Spiritbunny
| He/she/they | RC Warrior | Moons: 22 | Silver Tongue |

Spiritbunny genuinely thinks that if they had gotten word early about the fall out of Riverclan, well, the being threatened by a three clan war all focused on murder of all of them like rats in a housefolk place than they would've left when they had the chance...probably. He means, this clan is important to them, even when they were doing things like stirring the pot of mayhem within its walls but its only ever been to keep things fun and interesting, not destroying the clan or causing actual damage to it. And now especially more than ever. Stars, why had they been so dumb? How could they have been so dumb? For a cat always thinking through what others are doing and trying to predict the story all around them, not even Spiritbunny could've predicted this. Their overly swollen stomach swayed slightly as they heaved themselves onto aching paws.

They hadn't meant to land with a litter of kits, not right now, not with Riverclan the way it was, but the fact of the matter is....Spiritbunny has a litter of kits. They were going to be born when Riverclan is exiled from their own territory, hell, they may decide they want a dramatic entry and make themselves known during the raid. Stars, he for once hoped they didn't get Spiritbunny's dramatic flare, if only so they would be safe for a time. Though it wouldn't be their fault, Should Spiritbunny just leave? Find a cozy twoleg nest, wait until the kits are well and alright and then come back to Riverclan when it was more stable or if it was safer for the kits, stay with the twolegs. Though he's heard the stories, about twolegs taking kits before they were even properly weaned. Spiritbunny would be the first cat to murder a Twoleg if they tried something on their kits.

They padded through the clearing and made their way into the medicine den. Last time they were here, it was for the bites and scratches they had. It was clear why they were here now, though maybe it wasn't. Spiritbunny certainly didn't need any medicine cats or medicine cat apprentices to tell her that she was pregnant. Even a cat with no eyes could tell that from the way her stomach was twice its usual size, probably more even! Was this normal? She knows cats can have big litters, but this was her first. Was it normal to have so many kits? Was she being dramatic and this wasn't as big a litter as she thought? Though that would be crazy, she couldn't imagine having any more fit in there. Something else was wrong about this though, and maybe that was paranoia but Spiritbunny has no idea what's normal or not...hence their visit here.

The queen called out gently into the space, a chirp, not any real words. They weren't in the mood to speak if they could help it. She would have to though, this wasn't a problem that could be shown, it was a feeling. That the aching and stinging in her stomach was something more than the usual aching of dragging so much weight around. Spiritbunny could also be stressed from the upcoming everything, could that be hurting his babies? No, no. That was only going to make things worse, thinking like that. They needed to just calm down, and talk to Mistyshard or Berrypaw and they'll tell Spiritbunny that it was all in her head. That everything was going to be alright and all her babies were going to be okay and healthy and all okay. Spiritbunny looked over to the nests and decided to help herself to one because standing was killing her right now.
[ @starry - Mistyshard | Am I supposed to mention Berrypaw as well? /genq ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!
Old May 22nd, 2024, 05:56 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

mistyshard frowned a little as she eyed Grimpaw. At least Crowglow had finally taken her invitation to leave, but why was he just outside the den in the clearing? Oh well, he could do that for all she cared as long as he wasn't crowding the den. She grinned a bit at Berrypaw.
"You did really well!" she chirped in a proud way. "grimpaw," she murmured and tried to gently push the apprentice with a paw in a way she wouldn't press on the injury. "Why won't he wake up?! He's still breathing and I doubt he needs poppy seeds because that'll make him fall asleep again... but we need him to wake up to get an overview of the whole situation. Perhaps we can lay back, rest, and wait until something stirs?"

( @Goopysharkboi @squidz )

Ah, field medics. That sounded like a good plan. Mistyshard nodded thoughtfully, thinking about how they would handle this. The field medics needed to be trained before the war started, and it was quite daunting to think about how soon that'd be.
"alright, makes sense - how about berrypaw and I host an event to do some basic training and find eligible candidates as soon as possible? To ensure we have it done before the battle. Or, i'd suggest a few cats and we can train those. I do know quite a few RiverClanners that would be good in the position, but I'm fine with doing it either way. Also, I think it might be good to assign them to look after specific ranks. As in, cat a looks after elders, cat b looks after pregnant queens and then they're more trained for those specific regions.. as well as there being some 'basic', or overall, trained ones."

( @squidz @occultation )

The lanky medicine cat's silver ears pricked as someone entered the den. Ah, looked like Spiritbunny was back. she dipped her head in greeting and watched them through one curious amber hue. What was it this time?
"you seem a bit exhausted and drowsy today. Oh.. your belly is big. So, what's up?" she questioned with a tip of her head.

( @Dolomedes sorry about the short post I'll have misty call berry over when the diagnosing starts )

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old May 22nd, 2024, 11:21 AM
I Love You!

Bump Policy: 1 Day! (24 hours approximately!)
My Mood: Tired

Red face Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

——————

Pebblesplash

RiverClan Warrior
~A beautiful scarred white mollie, pale gray and ginger torbie markings with blue eyes~

PURRKS —> BEEFED UP T1
——————
| Mentions ———> @ophelia | @starry |
——————

☘︎ Pebblesplash staggered into the medicine den, exhausted and slightly out of breath. She finds an empty nest, one that she had rested in before, and placed her friend gently on it. She gave his cheek one last nuzzle before she whispered something sweetly. “Mistyshard is an amazing medicine cat. She and her apprentice will take great care of you…” she straightened her posture and turned to the medicine cat, tail flicking slightly… “Mistyshard… This is Beastflame… he used to be in RiverClan but disappeared many moons ago… Please take good care of him, as he’s very important to me… I’m going to get Dusklion now, as he’s just returned…” she left the medicine den…

——————
Notes: More speed writing…!
——————
Old May 22nd, 2024, 11:58 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Status: ON VACATION UNTIL JUNE 4TH - will reply to all when i'm back <3
Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Cheerful

| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 9 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Berrypaw's eyes lit up at Mistyshard's praise. "Really...? Thank you!" She squeaked, a warm feeling blossoming her chest. Her first patient, and she'd done well! It had been easy to chew up some stuff, but still... she'd count it as a win. Looking back down at Grimpaw, she frowned again. "Yeah... looks like we'll just have to wait...?" She had no real clue why else he wouldn't wake up. Guess only time would tell...

[ @Goopysharkboi @starry ]

Berrypaw glanced between Mistyshard and Fadingsun. Training field medics... she didn't know too much herself, but training other cats on what she did know wouldn't be too hard, right? And it sounded like Mistyshard had a good plan for divvying it all up. That was good... because Berrypaw didn't really have the faintest idea on where to begin with it. It was... overwhelming, to say the least. So instead she stood there silently, looking back at their leader for confirmation.

[ @occultation ]

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Old May 22nd, 2024, 12:00 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
mistyshard frowned a little as she eyed Grimpaw. At least Crowglow had finally taken her invitation to leave, but why was he just outside the den in the clearing? Oh well, he could do that for all she cared as long as he wasn't crowding the den. She grinned a bit at Berrypaw.
"You did really well!" she chirped in a proud way. "grimpaw," she murmured and tried to gently push the apprentice with a paw in a way she wouldn't press on the injury. "Why won't he wake up?! He's still breathing and I doubt he needs poppy seeds because that'll make him fall asleep again... but we need him to wake up to get an overview of the whole situation. Perhaps we can lay back, rest, and wait until something stirs?"

( @Goopysharkboi @squidz )

Ah, field medics. That sounded like a good plan. Mistyshard nodded thoughtfully, thinking about how they would handle this. The field medics needed to be trained before the war started, and it was quite daunting to think about how soon that'd be.
"alright, makes sense - how about berrypaw and I host an event to do some basic training and find eligible candidates as soon as possible? To ensure we have it done before the battle. Or, i'd suggest a few cats and we can train those. I do know quite a few RiverClanners that would be good in the position, but I'm fine with doing it either way. Also, I think it might be good to assign them to look after specific ranks. As in, cat a looks after elders, cat b looks after pregnant queens and then they're more trained for those specific regions.. as well as there being some 'basic', or overall, trained ones."

( @squidz @occultation )

The lanky medicine cat's silver ears pricked as someone entered the den. Ah, looked like Spiritbunny was back. she dipped her head in greeting and watched them through one curious amber hue. What was it this time?
"you seem a bit exhausted and drowsy today. Oh.. your belly is big. So, what's up?" she questioned with a tip of her head.

( @Dolomedes sorry about the short post I'll have misty call berry over when the diagnosing starts )
@squidz
After a couple of seconds, a small grunt came from Grimpaw as he slowly came to and rolled onto his stomach before realising he was back in camp. "...How long was i out for..?" He mumbled, slowly getting up.
Old May 22nd, 2024, 05:09 PM
your loveliest nightmare

Bump Policy: 4 days
My Mood: Asleep

[ @Dakotaa @starry @taillow ]
Beastflame

Riverclan...the scent practically flooded his sense, overwhelming him. He'd forgotten how concentrated the scent of his clanmates was. But he didn't mind the overbearing smell, it was actually a comfort. He was home. Hopefully no one had seen Pebs drag him through the clearing, though he doubted it. Thankfully he was too tired to be embarassed. Beastflame just wanted to sleep. And for his head to stop hurting. And to find Cloverdust. And also to explain to Beanstar or whoever was in charge why he'd been missing so long and why he was back and how terrible he felt in every possible way. On second thought, maybe sleep could wait.

Pebblesplash lurched to a stop and the massive tom slid away from her shoulder, settling clumsily in the nest she'd designated. His friend muttered something quietly in his ear. It sounded nice, and reassuring, but he only really caught bits and pieces. "Mistyshard..." he repeated, blinking his amber eye repeatedly as he adjusted to the darkness of the den.

she/her
rasberryswirl (shc), kestrelkit (thc), autumn, beastflame (rc)
character bios
Old May 22nd, 2024, 08:40 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 28 moons
"Seems like all the Clans' former Lionhearts are turnin' up this moon."

Slipping inside the den she cast a glance towards the medicine cat(s) before setting her gaze on the battered form of Beastflame. Stars, Pebblesplash had been right - he looked like he'd seen better days. Dusklion came to sit beside his next and fixed him with a scrutinizing look. "Care to explain where you've been for the last eight moons?" she inquired with a tip of her head. "...Dusklion, by the way, if you don't remember. New deputy." She didn't know much about the tom outside of the fact that his mate had been a failure of a leader and he'd once been a Lionheart - or, a shield as they had been called back then.

[ Beastflame - @ophelia ] [ Mistyshard - @starry ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old May 23rd, 2024, 08:33 AM
kitty of stars

Bump Policy: ALL THE TIME
My Mood: Asleep

Redwater
She/her { RC } Warrior

Redwater padded into the Medicine Cat’s Den, grumbling to herself. She’d woken up in her nest with strange pains in her stomach, and over the past few weeks she had gained a lot of weight. It was hindering her warrior duties, and definitely hindering her training with her Clanmates.

Whatever was happening to her needed to STOP. like. Soon. Red had THINGS to take care of!

Red glanced around. Where was the Medicine Cat? “Mistyshard? Berrypaw?”

[ @starry — Mistyshard / @squidz — Berrypaw]

Rose dropped a bucket of appreciation here, oops!

Last edited by constellation; May 23rd, 2024 at 08:34 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2024, 09:41 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Spiritbunny
| He/she/they | RC Warrior | Moons: 22 | Silver Tongue |

Spiritbunny resisted the urge to roll her eyes and bite back with a “no kidding,” of some sorts but the queen had already known the problem wouldn’t be clear just by looking. Likely because there was hopefully nothing to see and it was just the feline being dramatic and everything about her kits are alright. Yes, that is exactly why everything is okay. Her yellow eyes blinked at the Riverclan herbalist and after a few heartbeats of thinking, Spiritbunny began to speak, foregoing her usual rhymes and stanzas for a more “regular” speaking pattern. Getting regular words to explain her problem was bad enough but getting them all lined up and perfect and rhyming as well would be too much effort for what it’s worth right now.

Kits. Though I think there’s something wrong, I just…it’s my first litter so I wouldn’t really know how I am supposed to feel but something feels off. I can’t quite put my paw on it, it hurts yes, but I think that’s normal, no? Maybe I’m simply stressed out because of, well you know.” The queen offered to Mistyshard in hopes that the medicine cat could just understand. Surely she wasn’t the only queen who has voiced concerns since the calling of war. That was terrifying. Does that kind of worry and stress hurt her babies? And wouldn’t that be the worst kind of ironic. “Does stress hurt my kits?” Spiritbunny has already been doing their best to keep themself calm, but they would more active effort in doing so if this could in fact pose a risk to her unseen kits.
[ @starry - Mistyshard ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!

Last edited by Dolomedes; May 23rd, 2024 at 09:42 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2024, 01:37 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Status: ON VACATION UNTIL JUNE 4TH - will reply to all when i'm back <3
Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Cheerful

| BERRYPAW |

small & nimble dark brown she-cat with darker flecks and light, leafy-green eyes | the collector

[ riverclan mc apprentice | she-cat | 9 moons | timid, kind, hardworking ]

Berrypaw's ears perked up at Grimpaw's voice. "Oh! He's awake!" She announced, even though her mentor could clearly see that. It was more of an expression of happy surprise, she supposed. Anyway, the medicine cat apprentice gently laid her tail on Grimpaw's shoulder — a gesture of comfort and a motion to stay still, similar to what she'd seen Mistyshard do. It seemed to help calm cats down, and certainly worked for her as well. Relief flooded through Berrypaw as she watched him roll over, a sign that he was conscious and on the mend... hopefully. He was her first patient, after all — and she thanked StarClan that it seemed to be a success.

"Careful!" Berrypaw urged the warrior apprentice, using her tail tip to direct him to be still. Her voice was soft and sweet, relief making her nerves ease and her heart to return to the helm. "You don't wanna reopen that wound... and I'm not too sure how long you've been out," she admitted, "but since you got in here a little bit ago you haven't moved a muscle. I'm just glad you're awake now!"

Then she glanced at the entrance of the den — was Crowglow still waiting outside? She poked her head out for a moment and called for the warrior. "Crowglow... if you're still out there, Grimpaw's awake! Just... don't bombard him," she added in a quiet mew, hoping it wouldn't cause a ruckus. The last thing Grimpaw needed was his gash reopening.

"Oh, hello!" Berrypaw turned around at a warrior's call. Redwater, was it? She wasn't too familiar with the names of those she didn't speak to directly, but she'd have to start memorizing names now that she was a high rank. And if she was going to be saving thier lives at some point.

The apprentice padded over, beckoning Redwater to come in with her tail. "Come on in! Is... something wrong?" She asked hesitantly, noticing the pained expression on the warrior's face. Of course something's wrong if she's in here! Berrypaw thought bitterly to herself, but she bit her tongue, not wanting to add more babble to her questions.

[ @constellation @/starry ]

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!