Today 03:22 AM

Old May 13th, 2024, 05:51 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: ThunderClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
"Wanted to run somethin' by you." In the den, Wolfhive plopped down beside her. A bit casual, but he was comfortable with her. "Seems like there's a lot of mentors not paying their apprentices half a mind, 'n it's hard on the few cats trying to fill the gaps they're leaving behind. Mentors should be there for their apprentices, y'know? It shouldn't be normalized that they're likely gonna be a dud and apprentices need to seek out alternatives 'cause otherwise they won't get training."

A shuffle of his paws. "So, I wanna try something different. Not taking away from apprentices getting training from whoever, but changing how we handle mentors. We got our usual patrols - border, hunting - I want to start doing training patrols. Assign them a basic subject-- let's say, battle, to cover and have them go and spar. They'd report back like a normal patrol, but with harsher punishments if it's not completed. Was thinking for mentors-- unless they talk to us and get an exemption for whatever reason--" Wolfhive was thinking injury-related, but who knew? "they get exiled, at least temporarily, to wake them the hell up. Maybe start with a quarter-moon for the first offense and if that doesn't smart them, they can stay out. That way, mentors who aren't putting a lick of effort feel the consequences of their inaction. Apprentices not trying would be punished too, but would get a couple more chances to correct their behavior before they get sent packin'."

He didn't want to kick apprentices out - especially at first - since they might just need some extra guidance and support. Wolfhive expected far more from those who were given the responsibility of mentorship and disregarded it.

[ @dino. ]
Bumblestar slumped down into her nest, making sure Wolfhive had enough room. An ear twitched as he ran over his plan.

"Yeah, I'm getting pretty sick 'n tired of the lack of attention," she snorted out. "I like what you're talkin' about here. Might help get some sense of community back and knock some reasoning into warriors' heads, as well was giving the kids a bit more motivation." A thought, and she added, "'N hey, if this works out, I can see about makin' you Head Hornet if that's something you'd wanna work toward. I need one to keep an eye on the others while I'm not around to do it."
Old May 13th, 2024, 06:38 PM
spider-in-the-corner

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Sad

@dino. @BEAR.

Fallingpaw walked in alongside Wolfhive and dipped his head as he saw the leader "Im done with the apprentices den and the elders den." he meowed happy that he actually finished on time and did not forget the due date "...So I think I am well off to go?" he said a bit nerved with his heart racing
Old May 13th, 2024, 06:38 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

His idea wasn't finessed, would need to outline clear expectations for the Clan so cats knew what to expect in full. But the basics remained the same, and the hope of improving mentor/apprentice relationships was the goal. Ideally, if it came to exile they'd only need to do it a couple times before cats caught on. She didn't specify this, so he wanted to make sure his bases were covered. "You don't mind if the exiles are done without you? I'd report to you, of course - but just so their punishments can be handled then 'n there." There was a bonus factor in it cementing the authority of the patrols, too. If the cat issuing them was the same cat as the one who could exile, cats might be more willing to get their heads on straight.

Wolfhive's ears perked. Several moons ago, when he'd been tree climbing with Redhawk he'd mention his intention to become the Head Hornet. A lot had happened since that day, and it'd felt like a distant dream. To have it be brought up unprompted.. "Oh, of course. Yeah, I'd love that!" He already felt like he was doing an alright job on it? Redhawk and Mudhound didn't need much coddling, but if he felt they were lapsing he'd give them a smacken. He didn't want a repeat of the last team. Of the trio, only one might be redeemable.. and that was a discussion for another time.

"Been lookin' for some others who might be good to onboard too, but I wanna test their mettle with some of these changes before I pester you about them in a serious manner. Redhawk 'n Mudhound are lovely," if not a little too kind sometimes, "but I think cats with a stronger gut might help whip cats into shape."

[ @dino. ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old May 13th, 2024, 06:40 PM
work is never done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-in-the-corner View Post
@dino. @BEAR.

Fallingpaw walked in alongside Wolfhive and dipped his head as he saw the leader "Im done with the apprentices den and the elders den." he meowed happy that he actually finished on time and did not forget the due date "...So I think I am well off to go?" he said a bit nerved with his heart racing
"Can confirm, I made him tear them down 'n put them back up before I let him come here." Wolfhive could only maintain a stoic expression before his muzzle cracked into a grin. "Nursery's being worked on right now too, by Hawkcatcher 'n Daylightwing. If you punish anyone 'n they go for these three dens anytime soon you might wanna whoop 'em for taking the easy route."

[ @dino. ]

Old May 15th, 2024, 12:03 AM
work is never done

After all was said 'n done, the Clan collected by Spiderman and returned home, Wolfhive entered Bumba's den. He felt restless, impatient, couldn't stop pacing back and forth as he awaited his mom's return. What was Twilightstar planning? He wasn't that concerned about Bumba's safety, she'd smoosh the duo, he was just antsy to get the tea.

[ no rush on responding @Rani @Starfall @taillow @dino. ]

Old May 15th, 2024, 12:09 AM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-in-the-corner View Post
@dino. @BEAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
"Can confirm, I made him tear them down 'n put them back up before I let him come here." Wolfhive could only maintain a stoic expression before his muzzle cracked into a grin. "Nursery's being worked on right now too, by Hawkcatcher 'n Daylightwing. If you punish anyone 'n they go for these three dens anytime soon you might wanna whoop 'em for taking the easy route."

[ @dino. ]

Hey, look at that, he actually showed up to make a report this time. Bumblestar opened her eyes, having been about to take a nap but more than willing to deal with this first. She yawned and sat up. It was quick, and she would be lying if she said she wasn't questioning the quality of the work, but Wolfhive had apparently been there to monitor, so she wouldn't dig into it too much.

"Good to know. You're free to go back to your training. Since it's been a few moons, your participation in the raid isn't gonna count as your final any longer, so I'm assigning you to Wolfhive. Get some refreshers in, see about getting your assessment finished up, 'n then we can get you moved up. I appreciate you bein' cooperative this time."
Old May 15th, 2024, 12:32 AM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Spiderthroat
He/Him || ThunderClan Deputy
Beefed Up Tier III || Just a Scratch || Hulk SMASH
@Rani @BEAR. @taillow @dino.

How the brat was faster than him, he had no clue. The Calico blinked and all of a sudden he was gone and basically spawned in the molly's den. Staring blankly at Wolfhive for a moment, doing his absolute best to process what exactly was happening.

He did not wish to have a conversation, and last he checked this one was a yapper. Maybe he would play dead. Maybe he would sleep, purely out of spite. He would lay down on this really nice looking stone and simply snooze to ignore the social interactions. yes. He would use fox summoner as a shield. A foolproof plan.

Silently, making no eye contact, Spiderthroat finally moved from in front of the den opening. Allowing any who were awaiting to enter to physically make their way in. Stealthily, as if he could not be seen if he were to move slow enough, the deputy laid himself down. Face down onto the stone, and played dead.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old May 15th, 2024, 12:42 AM
work is never done

Movement near the den entrance caught Wolfhive's attention, and he spun on his paws in an instant - half hoping it was his 'ma back early. But it was only dusty old Spiderthroat.

Well, wasn't that a damper. Wolfhive stared at the flop of a deputy as the walking fossil.. played dead? No wonder Mudhound was weird at times, the Tripod must get it from this dinosaur.

So Wolfhive did the only thing that made sense in the moment. Seeing Spiderthroat laying down, face against the stone revived an old urge he had-- one he'd ignored for moons-- and he promptly moved to flop down on Spiderthroat's back. "Guess it's just you 'n me until the lovebirds catch up!" Did Redhawk attend this gathering?? It occurred to Wolfhive he was so focused on problems and Bluepaw he didn't remember. Oh well, if they didn't join in soon he'd look for her.

"While we wait... I dunno a lot about you, I don't see you with a lot of cats. You're like a patrol guy that avoids the actual patrolling part." Wolfhive reached to bap at his muzzle. "So tell me about yourself. You got any folks you interested in? Any kids? ... Any ex-kids?"

[ @Starfall ]

Old May 15th, 2024, 07:01 AM
spider-in-the-corner

Bump Policy: 24 hrs
My Mood: Sad

@dino. @BEAR.

Fallingpaw dipped his head "Thank you Bumblestar " he meowed before looking at wolfhive nodding his head and walking out
Old May 15th, 2024, 01:14 PM
work is never done

"That works out nicely." Wolfhive was already planning on doing all that with Fallingpaw, having the official role was just convenient and beefed up his resume. "We'll have all that done in a jiffy, was gonna do refreshers with him once he was in the all-clear to go out." Wolfhive reached to affectionately bop his mama before he headed out of the den with Fallingpaw.

[ @dino. @Spider-in-the-corner ]

Last edited by BEAR.; May 15th, 2024 at 01:14 PM.