Last post by Tallstar
Today 03:16 PM
now and forever [p]
by alec
Last post by zBlaze
Today 03:11 PM

Old May 8th, 2024, 03:52 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming
Default Re: ThunderClan Leader's Den

@dino.
"Oy, Bumblestar!" Ashenheart meowed sharply. "I've still got quite a bit of energy for an old furball such as myself, any chance I can be made a warrior again?" She had stood up fully at the entrance to the den, determined to continue living like her golden years were still here. Her tail swished as she then waited for a response.
Old May 12th, 2024, 10:43 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliri View Post
SPRINGLIGHT
she/her | thunderclan medicine cat | 19 moons
long-furred, scarred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
active purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps
[ @dino. (this isn’t late wym)]

Either Springlight was hallucinating, or she could’ve sworn that she saw Bumblestar look… disheveled. She wasn’t quite sure how to properly word it, but the leader looked anxious. There wasn’t a lot for Springlight to dive in upon, but she could easily note the tabby looking worried about something. As much as the medic was someone to dive in with questions about how someone was feeling internally, she decided to avoid it and wait patiently for if the leader had been wanting to go into further detail about how she felt. As she had expected the leader took the crown without much thought, the calico giving her a simple smile and whisk of a tail as she prepared to dismiss herself from the leader’s den, as the gift of the crown had been the only thing she was preparing to give her. But, the moment that Bumblestar requested for her to stay for a bit, the calico froze and stared at the molly with a questionable look in her eye. Of all things, she hadn’t necessarily expected Bumblestar to question the medic to stay in the den for a little bit longer. Had there been something that she did and she hadn’t noticed it? Or, something she wanted to privately discuss with her? It was confusing, but the calico supposed that she would find out at some point during this discussion.

Nodding, the calico placed herself onto her haunches, expectantly waiting for the molly to speak as she tilted her head to the side. “Of course… nothing is… really happening… in the… medicine den… for right now… and I… was only… just planning… on hopefully… gathering a few… cats… to go… bring back… some herbs… for the… den… but I am… completely fine… with that… waiting for a… bit.” Springlight explained, her tail whisking as she proclaimed that she hadn’t necessarily been all that busy. Doing very little made her feel anxious, and the lack of commotion occurring was something that always bothered her, so she’d always try to find ways to give herself something to do other than dealing with nothing for the rest of the coming moons.

"Yeah? Good. You look like you need some kinda break."

Bumblestar shuffled to the side, giving Springlight some room to sit if the medicine cat wanted. How could she even broach this topic?? Mudhound's advice had been next to useless, despite the poorly covered disappointment toward the end of their long-winded speech. She ran her tongue over her jaws and cleared her throat.

"So Mudhound came and talked to me the other day," she started off. "Said you'd been workin' even when feeling sick, 'n that you thought you can't ask for help or even just take breaks 'cause you think you'd end up like Cinderpaw or something. Is that- y'know, is that actually how you feel?"
Old May 12th, 2024, 10:45 PM
roar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiebugg View Post
DaylightWing
DaylightKit, DaylightPaw

12 Moons | She/Her | Bisexual

ThunderClan Warrior

___

@dino.

___

DaylightWing limps into BumbleStar's den.

'Hey.. Uh.. BumbleStar? I was.. out on a patrol not too long ago with my former mentor EggBite.. And.. someone jumped out at us.. and she ran off. I.. kind of lost my leg.. I just wanted to let you know..'

Bumblestar sat up, tail swishing behind her as she eyed Daylightwing's fresh injury and felt irritation prick at her pelt. One of her brand new warriors was already running into massive trouble, and by fault of one of the older ones, no less. She felt her lip curl. Another to be dealt with.

"Thank you for comin' to me about this. Do you know where Eggbite's at right now?"
Old May 12th, 2024, 10:46 PM
roar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgetfulshape View Post
@dino.
"Oy, Bumblestar!" Ashenheart meowed sharply. "I've still got quite a bit of energy for an old furball such as myself, any chance I can be made a warrior again?" She had stood up fully at the entrance to the den, determined to continue living like her golden years were still here. Her tail swished as she then waited for a response.

Bumblestar's ears twitched at the sharp voice that cut through the lichen in front of her den, and with a huff she got to her feet and turned to face Ashenheart.

"If you think you can handle it, that's fine by me," she grunted. "You can get back to your duties, I'll let the Clan know at the next meeting."

Last edited by dino.; May 12th, 2024 at 10:47 PM.
Old May 13th, 2024, 12:27 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

If there was a trend Wolfhive had noticed, it was a continued struggle to get a seemingly endless amount of mentors to interact and train with their apprentices. At first, he tried to simply fill in the gaps - doing his best to work with those not getting the training they needed, but the Hornets were only three cats with their own apprentices.

So, after some rumination he decided to speak with his mama. He had an idea on how to try to solve -- or at least improve-- the ongoing situation, but he wanted to run it by her first. Get her thoughts 'n approval before he went through with anything. "Hey 'ma, you got a moment?"

[ @dino. ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old May 13th, 2024, 03:28 PM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
Bumblestar sat up, tail swishing behind her as she eyed Daylightwing's fresh injury and felt irritation prick at her pelt. One of her brand new warriors was already running into massive trouble, and by fault of one of the older ones, no less. She felt her lip curl. Another to be dealt with.

"Thank you for comin' to me about this. Do you know where Eggbite's at right now?"

DaylightWing shook her head, her tail swaying slightly

'I think she might be in the clearing? But.. I'm not entirely sure.'

MossRoot is RootClan's current Leader
Old May 13th, 2024, 03:36 PM
roar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
If there was a trend Wolfhive had noticed, it was a continued struggle to get a seemingly endless amount of mentors to interact and train with their apprentices. At first, he tried to simply fill in the gaps - doing his best to work with those not getting the training they needed, but the Hornets were only three cats with their own apprentices.

So, after some rumination he decided to speak with his mama. He had an idea on how to try to solve -- or at least improve-- the ongoing situation, but he wanted to run it by her first. Get her thoughts 'n approval before he went through with anything. "Hey 'ma, you got a moment?"

[ @dino. ]
He'd caught her just as she was returning from a solo patrol near Smallpines. After the rat had somehow managed to get past, Bumblestar wasn't too keen on letting the scent markers remain unmarked for long, and she'd been about slip inside the den before her son approached.

She invited him inside with a tilt of her head - not that he ever needed one. The den was his as much as it was hers. "Sure thing. What do you need?"
Old May 13th, 2024, 03:38 PM
roar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiebugg View Post

DaylightWing shook her head, her tail swaying slightly

'I think she might be in the clearing? But.. I'm not entirely sure.'
"Fantastic." Bumblestar stood, stretched out her limbs, and with a flick of her tail invited Daylightwing to follow her back out. "I'll handle her. No cat who abandons someone like that in a fight gets to remain a warrior here."
Old May 13th, 2024, 04:19 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

"Wanted to run somethin' by you." In the den, Wolfhive plopped down beside her. A bit casual, but he was comfortable with her. "Seems like there's a lot of mentors not paying their apprentices half a mind, 'n it's hard on the few cats trying to fill the gaps they're leaving behind. Mentors should be there for their apprentices, y'know? It shouldn't be normalized that they're likely gonna be a dud and apprentices need to seek out alternatives 'cause otherwise they won't get training."

A shuffle of his paws. "So, I wanna try something different. Not taking away from apprentices getting training from whoever, but changing how we handle mentors. We got our usual patrols - border, hunting - I want to start doing training patrols. Assign them a basic subject-- let's say, battle, to cover and have them go and spar. They'd report back like a normal patrol, but with harsher punishments if it's not completed. Was thinking for mentors-- unless they talk to us and get an exemption for whatever reason--" Wolfhive was thinking injury-related, but who knew? "they get exiled, at least temporarily, to wake them the hell up. Maybe start with a quarter-moon for the first offense and if that doesn't smart them, they can stay out. That way, mentors who aren't putting a lick of effort feel the consequences of their inaction. Apprentices not trying would be punished too, but would get a couple more chances to correct their behavior before they get sent packin'."

He didn't want to kick apprentices out - especially at first - since they might just need some extra guidance and support. Wolfhive expected far more from those who were given the responsibility of mentorship and disregarded it.

[ @dino. ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old May 13th, 2024, 05:33 PM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
"Fantastic." Bumblestar stood, stretched out her limbs, and with a flick of her tail invited Daylightwing to follow her back out. "I'll handle her. No cat who abandons someone like that in a fight gets to remain a warrior here."
DaylightWing nodded, following BumbleStar out of the den.

MossRoot is RootClan's current Leader