Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Roaring Cliffs...
by taillow
Last post by Blazing
Today 12:10 AM
Next Up Forever! [P]
by Fish
Last post by Fish
Today 12:05 AM
RiverClan Warriors' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by taillow
Yesterday 11:50 PM
Smallpines
by BEAR.
Last post by dino.
Yesterday 11:33 PM
Cattail Pond
by BEAR.
Last post by dino.
Yesterday 11:32 PM

Old May 13th, 2024, 10:12 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: Willowpaw's Training! [p]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeonghwasBunnyEars View Post

Willowpaw nodded at her mentors words. Listening carefully. As she saw him flying towards her she waited for him to get closer to the ground, but instead of shooting forward to get away she backed up a few large paces, as she watched her mentor land she attempted to use his miss as a way to swat skillfully at his muzzle, if this didn't work she would back up to one side and wait for his next move.

As Stagheart landed he received a good swat to his muzzle, which made him chuckle. "Good!" He praised, knowing that if this were a real battle and Willowpaw went full-swing, the swat would've been very disorienting. "That'll knock their brains 'round 'n make it so you can either get away or get a few more good swipes in."

He stood up, shaking the sand from his pelt. "Alright, now I wanna show ya a good fight-stopper. This should be enough to make any sensible warrior go runnin' off if they don't wanna bleed out." He motioned to the soft flesh of his belly as he started to speak. "We call it the 'belly rake'. Sometimes, cats bigger than you will pin ya down 'cause they might be stronger. But if your back legs are free, you can make 'em get off ya real quick."

He demonstrated by flopping onto his back, pretending his forepaws were pinned to the ground. Then he kicked up a few times with his back legs, slicing the air as if someone were above him.

"You can knock the wind from 'em too, if ya hit hard enough," he explained, hopping back onto his feet. "It don't feel good at all to get kicked in the belly, 'specially if ya use claws. But for the sake of this exercise... don't use your claws on me," he added humorously.

Stagheart then motioned for Willowpaw to get on her back; when she did, he pinned her forepaws down gently, gesturing for her to try it out. "It can be awkward tryin' to use your backlegs only," he explained, "'specially while you're pinned down — mobility is limited. So it'll be worth it for you to try trainin' those muscles in the meantime."

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!

Old May 13th, 2024, 08:20 PM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Status: I speak English, Thai, German, Korean and some others
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post

As Stagheart landed he received a good swat to his muzzle, which made him chuckle. "Good!" He praised, knowing that if this were a real battle and Willowpaw went full-swing, the swat would've been very disorienting. "That'll knock their brains 'round 'n make it so you can either get away or get a few more good swipes in."

He stood up, shaking the sand from his pelt. "Alright, now I wanna show ya a good fight-stopper. This should be enough to make any sensible warrior go runnin' off if they don't wanna bleed out." He motioned to the soft flesh of his belly as he started to speak. "We call it the 'belly rake'. Sometimes, cats bigger than you will pin ya down 'cause they might be stronger. But if your back legs are free, you can make 'em get off ya real quick."

He demonstrated by flopping onto his back, pretending his forepaws were pinned to the ground. Then he kicked up a few times with his back legs, slicing the air as if someone were above him.

"You can knock the wind from 'em too, if ya hit hard enough," he explained, hopping back onto his feet. "It don't feel good at all to get kicked in the belly, 'specially if ya use claws. But for the sake of this exercise... don't use your claws on me," he added humorously.

Stagheart then motioned for Willowpaw to get on her back; when she did, he pinned her forepaws down gently, gesturing for her to try it out. "It can be awkward tryin' to use your backlegs only," he explained, "'specially while you're pinned down — mobility is limited. So it'll be worth it for you to try trainin' those muscles in the meantime."
Willowpaw narrowed her eyes. Laying on her back after seeing the demonstration. Her hind legs moved akwardly, she tried to poistion them under him, but whenever she tried to gently rake his stomach with her claws sheathed. Her small paws slipped to the side or snagged on his fur.

"If this moment is our wave. Dont' be afraid, face it with more strength"
- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur @/Hollyheart of thunder

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Old May 14th, 2024, 10:41 AM

Quote:

Willowpaw narrowed her eyes. Laying on her back after seeing the demonstration. Her hind legs moved akwardly, she tried to poistion them under him, but whenever she tried to gently rake his stomach with her claws sheathed. Her small paws slipped to the side or snagged on his fur.

Stagheart let Willowpaw try a few times; when he saw she was still struggling, he hopped off. "Well... don't worry, you'll get it in time," he meowed as encouragingly as he could. Again, his natural, gruff voice didn't always come across friendly, regardless of intention. He just hoped the apprentice could see past that.

"You can practice on your own, gettin' some good kicks in the air to get the movement down — then try it again with me or someone else. It's an exercise y'can practice with other apprentices too, whenever y'think about it. I'll be available if ya ever want to practice these moves, alright? It's important to try 'n get 'em down, while they're fresh in your mind."

He paused another moment, tilting his head. "Are ya gettin' tired? I can teach ya at least one more move, then be done for the day if y'want." Honestly, he could keep going — there was something about battle training that made his paws feel invigorated, as if they were full of energy. And the looming battle with WindClan made him feel all the more antsy to teach all he could to the young cats who would be lumped into this battle. But he didn't want to push Willowpaw beyond her limits; he didn't quite know them yet.

Old May 14th, 2024, 08:16 PM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Quote:

Stagheart let Willowpaw try a few times; when he saw she was still struggling, he hopped off. "Well... don't worry, you'll get it in time," he meowed as encouragingly as he could. Again, his natural, gruff voice didn't always come across friendly, regardless of intention. He just hoped the apprentice could see past that.

"You can practice on your own, gettin' some good kicks in the air to get the movement down — then try it again with me or someone else. It's an exercise y'can practice with other apprentices too, whenever y'think about it. I'll be available if ya ever want to practice these moves, alright? It's important to try 'n get 'em down, while they're fresh in your mind."

He paused another moment, tilting his head. "Are ya gettin' tired? I can teach ya at least one more move, then be done for the day if y'want." Honestly, he could keep going — there was something about battle training that made his paws feel invigorated, as if they were full of energy. And the looming battle with WindClan made him feel all the more antsy to teach all he could to the young cats who would be lumped into this battle. But he didn't want to push Willowpaw beyond her limits; he didn't quite know them yet.
Willowpaw nodded. Kicking the air once before sitting up. "Sure! We can do more than one move, I'm not tired yet"

- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Old May 15th, 2024, 09:50 AM

Quote:

Willowpaw nodded. Kicking the air once before sitting up. "Sure! We can do more than one move, I'm not tired yet"

Stagheart nodded with a purr of appreciation. "Good," he praised, happy for the apprentice's energy. With the upcoming troubles he could practically feel in his paws, he knew they'd need it.

"Alright, so these next two really help if you're facin' a larger enemy — like you are right now. Y'know how we all use our tails for balance, like climbin' 'n huntin'? A more simple tactic is to try to throw 'em off balance, 'specially if they're distracted in the front. Now I ain't gonna do it too hard, 'cause I don't wanna hurt ya. But see how this throws ya off?"

He clasped his paws together and lightly (but firmly) tugged at Willowpaw's tail; even with a little force, it would be enough to potentially make someone stumble.

"Now imagine that, but usin' your teeth 'n tuggin' as hard as ya can. It don't feel too nice to get a mouthful of tail fur, but it gets the job done. I've had that one done to me many a time to throw me off, so if you wanted to practice it on me, I won't be upset," he added good-naturedly. "Y'could use your paws too, like I did, but you'd need your claws for a good hard tug."

He paused a moment, letting the apprentice practice if she'd like.

"The other move is somethin' my mentor called the 'leap-and-hold'," he went on, flicking his tail as he spoke. "You might've tried this already with your earlier trainin', but I'd recommend gettin' it down. If ya go face-to-face with warriors, or apprentices bigger than you, it's a good way to avoid gettin' scratched up."

He padded over near a fallen log, using it as his demonstration. He pounced on the back of the log, unsheathing his claws and digging in. "Now you're on their shoulders, 'n out of range of their claws 'n teeth," he explained. "Use that opportunity to claw 'n scratch 'em as many times as ya want. Even a small group of apprentices could defeat a big warrior this way. However... there is somethin' they can do."

He hopped off the log and reared up, letting himself fall onto his back with a huff. Had there been anybody on his back, they would've been crushed beneath him. "If ya start seein' them tryin' to roll or rear up, get off as soon as ya can," he urged. "Or else they'll crush ya like a flea. 'Specially if they're big ol' brutes. You can hop on the log, or my back 'n try if you'd like, though it is easier to slip off without claws."

Last edited by squidz; May 15th, 2024 at 09:50 AM.
Old May 15th, 2024, 08:28 PM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Quote:

Stagheart nodded with a purr of appreciation. "Good," he praised, happy for the apprentice's energy. With the upcoming troubles he could practically feel in his paws, he knew they'd need it.

"Alright, so these next two really help if you're facin' a larger enemy — like you are right now. Y'know how we all use our tails for balance, like climbin' 'n huntin'? A more simple tactic is to try to throw 'em off balance, 'specially if they're distracted in the front. Now I ain't gonna do it too hard, 'cause I don't wanna hurt ya. But see how this throws ya off?"

He clasped his paws together and lightly (but firmly) tugged at Willowpaw's tail; even with a little force, it would be enough to potentially make someone stumble.

"Now imagine that, but usin' your teeth 'n tuggin' as hard as ya can. It don't feel too nice to get a mouthful of tail fur, but it gets the job done. I've had that one done to me many a time to throw me off, so if you wanted to practice it on me, I won't be upset," he added good-naturedly. "Y'could use your paws too, like I did, but you'd need your claws for a good hard tug."

He paused a moment, letting the apprentice practice if she'd like.

"The other move is somethin' my mentor called the 'leap-and-hold'," he went on, flicking his tail as he spoke. "You might've tried this already with your earlier trainin', but I'd recommend gettin' it down. If ya go face-to-face with warriors, or apprentices bigger than you, it's a good way to avoid gettin' scratched up."

He padded over near a fallen log, using it as his demonstration. He pounced on the back of the log, unsheathing his claws and digging in. "Now you're on their shoulders, 'n out of range of their claws 'n teeth," he explained. "Use that opportunity to claw 'n scratch 'em as many times as ya want. Even a small group of apprentices could defeat a big warrior this way. However... there is somethin' they can do."

He hopped off the log and reared up, letting himself fall onto his back with a huff. Had there been anybody on his back, they would've been crushed beneath him. "If ya start seein' them tryin' to roll or rear up, get off as soon as ya can," he urged. "Or else they'll crush ya like a flea. 'Specially if they're big ol' brutes. You can hop on the log, or my back 'n try if you'd like, though it is easier to slip off without claws."
Willowpaw listened carefully. Watching him and feeling as he tugged her tail. Willowpaw listened to her mentors... mentoring - and then - gave him an amused glance. "It looks funny but efficient" She remarked gently. Willowpaw took a look at a plant, tugging at it she made sure it was firmly in the ground, stripping off some leaves she bit into the plant, unsheathing her claws as if to scratch a cat and to get a good grip, but not such a good grip she wouldn't be able to move fast enough. Willowpaw tugged at the root, keeping a firm bite as she eventually ripped it out - after many hisses of anger -. Willowpaw then looked up to her mentor. "I tugged it out! So I do it like that but with a tail.... but what if the cat has no tail? Like the warrior Weepingwillow of Thunderclan, she has no tail so how would I do the move on her?" Willowpaw asked in a curious mew.

Following his previous instructions, Willowpaw crouched and hissed at the log, leaping onto it she stumbled and rolled off. Grumbling she tried again, it took her a few more tries to cling onto to the log. Clinging on with her forepaws she gently detached her hind paws, sheathing her claws in order not to snag them as she thumped the bark with her hind legs. "Hey! What if while I was scratching there back I pushed while scratching so they had to duck! Then it would be easier to take advantage of there weakness no? And if there clanmates comes at me then boom!" Willowpaw happily yowled, Plopping onto her back from the log with a loud thump. Looking up to her mentor she batted at his muzzle. "Did I do good with the fall... at least?"

- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here

Old May 15th, 2024, 09:03 PM

Quote:

Willowpaw listened carefully. Watching him and feeling as he tugged her tail. Willowpaw listened to her mentors... mentoring - and then - gave him an amused glance. "It looks funny but efficient" She remarked gently. Willowpaw took a look at a plant, tugging at it she made sure it was firmly in the ground, stripping off some leaves she bit into the plant, unsheathing her claws as if to scratch a cat and to get a good grip, but not such a good grip she wouldn't be able to move fast enough. Willowpaw tugged at the root, keeping a firm bite as she eventually ripped it out - after many hisses of anger -. Willowpaw then looked up to her mentor. "I tugged it out! So I do it like that but with a tail.... but what if the cat has no tail? Like the warrior Weepingwillow of Thunderclan, she has no tail so how would I do the move on her?" Willowpaw asked in a curious mew.

Following his previous instructions, Willowpaw crouched and hissed at the log, leaping onto it she stumbled and rolled off. Grumbling she tried again, it took her a few more tries to cling onto to the log. Clinging on with her forepaws she gently detached her hind paws, sheathing her claws in order not to snag them as she thumped the bark with her hind legs. "Hey! What if while I was scratching there back I pushed while scratching so they had to duck! Then it would be easier to take advantage of there weakness no? And if there clanmates comes at me then boom!" Willowpaw happily yowled, Plopping onto her back from the log with a loud thump. Looking up to her mentor she batted at his muzzle. "Did I do good with the fall... at least?"

Stagheart watched her intently, letting out a light purr and nod as he viewed her progress. Also a mrrow of amusement — it did look funny, but it got the job done. "If a cat has no tail," he began to answer slowly, "well... they're already easier to knock off balance. You could try rammin' into their side or battin' 'round their head 'n muzzle — make 'em see stars that way," he suggested.

Then he watched her little demonstration on the log and nodded firmly. "That's a great point, I'm glad ya noticed. There are plenty of things y'can do while you're up there, 'n you wanna get as much damage as possible."

He looked surprised but amused as Willowpaw batted at his muzzle, as if he were the enemy she rolled over to fight. "That's a great maneuver you did there, Willowpaw. If ya practice gettin' faster 'n smoother, then it'll be great. They won't know what hit 'em."

Stagheart felt a small glow of pride in his chest. This apprentice caught on relatively quick, and she was making training rather enjoyable for him. "I say we run through everything I taught ya today one more time, then call it a day. Don't want you too sore for trainin' tomorrow," he instructed, nodding his head. "Alright... show me what you learned!"

[ you don't need to go write through everything in detail, just have her 'recap' or write that she practiced everything out hehe and that'll count as your advanced battle training! :3 ]

Old May 15th, 2024, 09:17 PM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Quote:

Stagheart watched her intently, letting out a light purr and nod as he viewed her progress. Also a mrrow of amusement — it did look funny, but it got the job done. "If a cat has no tail," he began to answer slowly, "well... they're already easier to knock off balance. You could try rammin' into their side or battin' 'round their head 'n muzzle — make 'em see stars that way," he suggested.

Then he watched her little demonstration on the log and nodded firmly. "That's a great point, I'm glad ya noticed. There are plenty of things y'can do while you're up there, 'n you wanna get as much damage as possible."

He looked surprised but amused as Willowpaw batted at his muzzle, as if he were the enemy she rolled over to fight. "That's a great maneuver you did there, Willowpaw. If ya practice gettin' faster 'n smoother, then it'll be great. They won't know what hit 'em."

Stagheart felt a small glow of pride in his chest. This apprentice caught on relatively quick, and she was making training rather enjoyable for him. "I say we run through everything I taught ya today one more time, then call it a day. Don't want you too sore for trainin' tomorrow," he instructed, nodding his head. "Alright... show me what you learned!"

[ you don't need to go write through everything in detail, just have her 'recap' or write that she practiced everything out hehe and that'll count as your advanced battle training! :3 ]
(tyyyyyyyyyyyyy <3)

Willowpaw nodded, giving a happy purr as she stood up and stalked across the clearing. Willowpaw looked over to her mentor and crouched, practicing each move diligently on her mentor as she maneuvered her way around. She stumbled a few times but way able to easily get back on her paws. Willowpaw gave small amused purrs if her mentor ever missed, though some blows landed and sent her body into a mini shock. Willowpaw was sure glad she wouldn't have to battle Stagheart with claws out!

Nearing the end of the training she attempted to leapt onto his back as she taught him, if this worked she would push down in ryhtamic blows on his back to pin him, if not she would fall onto her back, if not taking him with her then she'd roll away and batt his muzzle as she'd done before.

- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here

Old May 16th, 2024, 09:54 AM

Quote:

(tyyyyyyyyyyyyy <3)

Willowpaw nodded, giving a happy purr as she stood up and stalked across the clearing. Willowpaw looked over to her mentor and crouched, practicing each move diligently on her mentor as she maneuvered her way around. She stumbled a few times but way able to easily get back on her paws. Willowpaw gave small amused purrs if her mentor ever missed, though some blows landed and sent her body into a mini shock. Willowpaw was sure glad she wouldn't have to battle Stagheart with claws out!

Nearing the end of the training she attempted to leapt onto his back as she taught him, if this worked she would push down in ryhtamic blows on his back to pin him, if not she would fall onto her back, if not taking him with her then she'd roll away and batt his muzzle as she'd done before.

Stagheart went back and forth with Willowpaw, letting her use him as a practice dummy but also sparring back with her. Each time he'd missed and she laughed, he'd playfully roll his eyes and pretend to be annoyed when really, he was impressed. He had quick reflexes himself, despite his large frame, so anyone who could easily sidestep them made him appreciative.

Near the end, when his apprentice leapt onto his back, Stagheart started to sink towards the sandy ground, the rhythmic blows to his back slowly lowering him. He fought against it and tried to roll her off, nodding in approval as she rolled away and sprang up to bat his muzzle once more.

"You're quick on your feet," he praised. "Quick-thinkin', too. I think you're gonna do just fine."

They finished up, and even though Willowpaw staggered or stumbled a few times, he was satisfied with her progress so far. He just made a reminder to try to get the moves down as fluidly as possible, which of course would come over time. Overall, he was very pleased with her progress so far.

The older tom then made a long stretch, his muscles seeming to groan in soreness. "You're gonna put me in for the night," he joked, whiskers twitching in amusement. "Got me sore already! Let's head home. Then I can take ya huntin' or somethin' tomorrow — somethin' a lil less strainin'."

With that he led them back to RiverClan's camp, staying mostly quiet as he reflected on the training session. It had been good to stretch his muscles again — especially with the threats on the horizon, he knew he'd better be sharpening his skills once more as well. Trying not to worry about that in the moment, however, he took the time to make some chitchat as they made their way to camp.

He'd taken her out for training in the morning, and now it was much past sunhigh. He nodded to Willowpaw as they ducked into the entrance. "Y'can practice more today if ya want, but make sure you get rest, too. Don't need ya goin' to Mistyshard 'n Berrypaw with a pulled muscle — even if you're young, it can still happen. Trust me." It briefly reminded him of when he was an apprentice — he'd spend almost day and night training on his own, rehearsing the moves his mentor taught him. He'd spent many nights wallowing in his own soreness after that; the price for overdone commitment, he supposed.

With a flick of his tail, he bid her farewell and went to go grab a piece of fresh-kill before going to the warrior's den.

[ you can have willowpaw come back to camp with him now, in another day or so i will post again on here to start the next session hooray! ]

Old May 16th, 2024, 10:17 AM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Quote:

Stagheart went back and forth with Willowpaw, letting her use him as a practice dummy but also sparring back with her. Each time he'd missed and she laughed, he'd playfully roll his eyes and pretend to be annoyed when really, he was impressed. He had quick reflexes himself, despite his large frame, so anyone who could easily sidestep them made him appreciative.

Near the end, when his apprentice leapt onto his back, Stagheart started to sink towards the sandy ground, the rhythmic blows to his back slowly lowering him. He fought against it and tried to roll her off, nodding in approval as she rolled away and sprang up to bat his muzzle once more.

"You're quick on your feet," he praised. "Quick-thinkin', too. I think you're gonna do just fine."

They finished up, and even though Willowpaw staggered or stumbled a few times, he was satisfied with her progress so far. He just made a reminder to try to get the moves down as fluidly as possible, which of course would come over time. Overall, he was very pleased with her progress so far.

The older tom then made a long stretch, his muscles seeming to groan in soreness. "You're gonna put me in for the night," he joked, whiskers twitching in amusement. "Got me sore already! Let's head home. Then I can take ya huntin' or somethin' tomorrow — somethin' a lil less strainin'."

With that he led them back to RiverClan's camp, staying mostly quiet as he reflected on the training session. It had been good to stretch his muscles again — especially with the threats on the horizon, he knew he'd better be sharpening his skills once more as well. Trying not to worry about that in the moment, however, he took the time to make some chitchat as they made their way to camp.

He'd taken her out for training in the morning, and now it was much past sunhigh. He nodded to Willowpaw as they ducked into the entrance. "Y'can practice more today if ya want, but make sure you get rest, too. Don't need ya goin' to Mistyshard 'n Berrypaw with a pulled muscle — even if you're young, it can still happen. Trust me." It briefly reminded him of when he was an apprentice — he'd spend almost day and night training on his own, rehearsing the moves his mentor taught him. He'd spent many nights wallowing in his own soreness after that; the price for overdone commitment, he supposed.

With a flick of his tail, he bid her farewell and went to go grab a piece of fresh-kill before going to the warrior's den.

[ you can have willowpaw come back to camp with him now, in another day or so i will post again on here to start the next session hooray! ]
(Alright! Thank you <3333333)

Willowpaw panted gently, catching her breath and listening to her mentor. "Thanks! Your the best mentor I've had" Willowpaw purred affectionately, "Maybe we could do hunting next? I know some basics but practice would clearly be nice" Willowpaw mewed. Willowpaw gave a gentle stretch, her whiskers twitching in amusement to her mentors teasing words of him being sore. "I'll practice towmorrow, I'm worn out." Willowpaw mewed as they padded back to camp (?)

- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here