View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2024, 04:28 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: There's always an exception, you just happen to be one! [p!]

Gracklepaw blinked once. Then he blinked twice. He’d actually caught and killed the rabbit. It all happened so fast. He was darting towards it, and next thing he knew he had killed it and it had scratched him right above his nose.

His nose twitched as red droplets trickled down, and he felt a stinging feeling. He winced in pain, flicking his ears from the discomfort of it and dropping the rabbit to the floor when Magpiepaw had run over. When he met her gaze and saw the way her eyes shined he couldn’t help but smile back at her, which soon turned into a grin. “I killed it.” He confirmed, as the realization began to hit him.

His grin just grew wider as Magpiepaw complimented him and mentioned that he’d gotten his first battle scar from the rabbit. “Yeah! Well, not my first, but my first as a ShadowClan cat!” He chuckled.

He flicked his torn right ear subconsciously, thinking back to how he’d gotten it torn anyways. He was such a coward back then. He was running away with that loner on his tail, yowling and snarling, until he was eventually cornered. He’d stayed huddled in the corner of the fences, as the bigger cat attacked. He’d just trembled and let the loner scar him. He couldn’t remember why anymore; all he remembered was that burning desire to be faster, stronger, better. Maybe now he’d get that desire.

He wouldn’t be a coward anymore.

“You really think it’s that impressive?” He asked, feeling his chest swell at her words. He blushed and his grin became more sheepish. It felt nice. It felt nice to have someone else be in awe of him for once. Especially someone like Magpiepaw. Magpiepaw was a very good friend. “I couldn’t have done it without your help. You found it, and blinded it first.” He meowed in response.

He admired the rabbit for a moment before taking the first bite of the rabbit. He chewed and swallowed it. It was good. Really good. And it was even better after the hectic chase and eventual victory.

. . .
@Marigoldwhisper