View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2024, 07:15 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Teams n' Trainin' n' Teachin'

Tulippaw
?/100 || RiverClan || 8 moons || she/her

Tulippaw watched Treeheart intently. Her green eyes followed every little simple movement, right down to the flick of his paw. She’s never been this focused before. It felt like she didn’t even blink as she watched him successfully catch a fish. It looked so simple when he did it. It looked so easy. But surely it wasn’t.

Tulippaw crouched, repeating Treeheart’s steps carefully, and flattening her ears to her head in concentration. She inched closer and closer to the edge of the rock as her heart thundered in her chest. She shouldn’t be taking this so seriously. It was a simple Clan event. Yet, she wanted to win, and she wanted to ignite that spark to become a warrior, and become motivated once more. This fish could be her spark.

Green eyes stared into the deep clear river as she took a breath. She could see her reflection staring right back at her, with fierce eyes. If she squinted hard enough and leaned down, she could even just barely make out little fish that swam about, and some bigger ones too.

She waited there on the rocks. Patience was a virtue, but not for her. She’d always been impatient, she’d always been too quick. Yet now, it felt like time was moving slower as she waited for the perfect moment.

It happened so quick she almost couldn’t process it.

A small fish, it swam around unknowingly, dancing around peacefully in the river. Her paw, flashing down into the river, claws unsheathing almost instinctively into the fish as she brought it up out of the water.

The fish flapped about in her paws, and she almost dropped it as it slipped in her paws. This fish was a fighter, and it flung droplets of water all over the rock and Tulippaw. It prompted the calico to quickly bite into the fish, ending its struggle rather quickly.

She blinked once. She blinked twice. It had gone still. She was victorious. Hee chest swelled as a grin spread across her face at the sight. “Treeheart! Look! I did it!” She cried out in triumph. “And on my first try!” She laughed as she set the fish down besides her.

. . .

@Saki

[oops this is super long. i cooked.]