View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2024, 01:21 AM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: Burn the Stars [P]

Goosefury's eye snapped back over to Adderpaw at the mention of ThunderClan as the sound rolled over the sky once more. This time it brought clouds with it, thick and dark and swirling high above them as they blotted out the stars. "Accuse me of favoring ThunderClan one more time and I will have you thrown out to sea. Any injuries you receive from me will cross over to your real form. I can fill your lungs with water and drown you at a moment's notice if I wish, or send a flood to sweep your new camp away. Do not underestimate my abilities. Just because I'm dead doesn't mean I'm no longer capable of meddling in the living world."

The waves crashed against the cliffs again as they moved away from it, and Goosefury tore his gaze away. "I was a Lionheart under Lionstar. Lionstorm. And once more under Kestrelstar. The only two leaders I served under, and the only two worthy of my respect. I waged war for them against ShadowClan and ThunderClan with claws soaked in poison and would do it again in a heartbeat if they were alive and leading. I would do the same from up here if RiverClan was governed now by a leader worth the effort. But if everything is handed to you, you earn nothing. A RiverClan that doesn't earn its place and take back its former glory is no RiverClan of mine."

He ran his tongue over his jaws as the lightning in the clouds grew dimmer, the thunder a little duller, despite the growl that entered his voice. "A rotten little bird has intercepted my dealings with your leaders, one of my only avenues for reaching out - and I don't believe I'm able to give you much without approval from the other Wardens. But I can tell you now that if your leaders are consistently failing you, then it's not wrong to want a change or to make that change. It's your Clan, not just theirs. Put your foot down and fix it if it's broken. Nothing will change otherwise, and RiverClan will remain stagnant, and the others will take advantage of that. ThunderClan has run you over countless times already. WindClan is waging war now as a result of your Clan's actions and blood will be shed. If Fadingsun can't weather the oncoming storm, then he doesn't deserve to stand where he does. Constant shifts in the ranks isn't ideal, but sometimes it's the only way things get done.

"I'm not unwilling to give you or your denmates extra training on top of what you already know, nor am I unwilling to give you information or advice if I come into it. But if you keep hissing at me like a kit fresh out of the nursery, I'll make sure you never hear another word of what I have to say. You have potential and I like that, but I also have a good memory for who irritates me, and if you continue to do that, I'll leave you floundering as you already are."

[ @Fish ]

Last edited by dino.; April 23rd, 2024 at 01:26 AM.