View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2024, 07:52 PM
big dork

Bump Policy: PLEASE I might forget
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: There's always an exception, you just happen to be one! [p!]

The tom watched with eager eyes as Magpiepaw dropped down then began to hunt with expert technique. His blue eyes grew wider as he watched hee spring onto the rabbit. And so the hunt began.

He watched Magpiepaw tussle with the rabbit as the creature flailed and shrieked in pain, and took that as a signal of some sort. They hadn’t planned it out at all, and honestly Gracklepaw wasn’t sure if Magpiepaw would even need his help, but they were going to catch that rabbit, no matter what. Gracklepaw had his mind set on it. He refused to let the silly rodent win, like they’d always won. No. He had to catch it, and he wasn’t alone this time.

The black tom slunk around in the grass circling the scene as Magpiepaw and the rabbit were preoccupied. If that rabbit tried to escape, he’d chase it down. His eyes were narrowed, it was like he had tunnel vision, only able to watch the scene ahead. The focused tom waited, and watched as the rabbit wriggled away from Magpiepaw. Its white fur was bloody, and it was missing an eye. His heartbeat sped up as the rabbit began to bolt away.

You’re not getting away that easy rodent.

Unfortunately for Gracklepaw, the rabbit ran the opposite direction from him, meaning it got a head start, but none the less, the tom began sprinting after it, determination gleaming in his eyes as he chased it.

He was right on its tail, literally, when he launched himself onto it.

Was that the sound of his heartbeat, or the rabbits?

He wasn’t sure, but this bunny was one heck of a fighter. It squirmed and kicked in his grasp. He wasn’t giving up, but the rabbit wasn’t either. He managed to get a grip and sink his claws in, but not without the rabbit kicking him first. Before he could even blink and process what happened the rabbit had scratched him right above him his nose. He hissed in pain as his nose stung, and delivered the finishing blow by biting its neck.

. . .
@Marigoldwhisper