- was SentimentalSquid :)

Status: ON VACATION UNTIL JUNE 4TH - will reply to all when i'm back <3
Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: Whac-A-Mink [WC/ShC]

~ BRIARSPLASH ~

shadowclan warrior | she-cat | abrasive, standoffish, loyal

~

Briarsplash sniffed once Hawkfur's gaze settled on her. She met it unflinchingly, ignoring the twinge of doubt in her stomach. He put her with all WindClan cats — was that on purpose? Did he mean to spite her, despite her being there to help? Sure, it made sense with how low their numbers were compared to the bunnies, but still... she couldn't help but feel targeted.

The scowl stayed on the large warrior's face as she padded over to her group, offering a stiff nod in greeting. She'd comply and be cordial — though it was perhaps clear she wasn't fond of being here on her own. The pressing thoughts of how easily they outnumbered her if they chose to turn repeatedly flashed across her mind. But one thing was clear in Briarsplash's: she wouldn't go down without a fight.

Maybe she was overthinking it. She certainly hoped so — she'd planned on tearing into minks, not WindClan bunnies, and Dawnstar wouldn't be too pleased if a fight broke out among them. The last thing she wanted was to test her position in the Clan; she'd already fought like hell to get it.

Focusing on Hawkfur's words and trying to ignore the gazes of the WindClanners who were probably staring at her, Briarsplash kept the instructions in her mind and followed along. She bounded down to the left valley with the others, purposefully avoiding eye contact with any of them if they tried. She followed Hawkfur's signal as he went. Three, two, one...

Her eyes slightly widened as the flow of minks rushed out like a torrential wave, their wriggly bodies streamlined as one. Yuck... those things are nastier than I thought, she mused while wrinkling her nose, their pungent odor striking her nostrils. And there were so many!

But the ShadowClan warrior refused to show any fear or doubt besides her initial reaction. She got into a battle-ready stance, long claws sliding out and her teeth bared. Adrenaline coursed through her veins as the stinking creatures neared, heart picking up speed with anticipation. Finally, they reached the group, her golden-green eyes meeting the dark, beady ones of the nearest mink. Then she leapt, her eager claws digging into its wettish fur.

/ Swiftfire [@Tiabirb], Blazesong [@blxze.], Deadmoon [@gs29513], Silverrose [@Estelle], Adderpaw [@Katiethewolfchild] -- and @Mica for Hawk mention + he's is coming down to the left valley ~ lmk if there's anything wrong here and i'll edit!

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!