View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2024, 02:33 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: "Sharpen your teeth" - RC Battle Training Event

Stagheart tilted his head in surprise. An apprentice, huh? The seasoned warrior did a brief stretch. Guess it would be more of a training lesson for the apprentice instead of one-on-one sparring... but who knows? Maybe the warrior-in-training would surprise him. He certainly hoped so.

The large tabby padded over to the apprentices, filing through them in his mind until he spotted the cat that he was pretty sure was the one he was looking for. "Hi, Cormorantpaw. I'm Stagheart."

He gave a friendly nod, attempting to look un-intimidating. He was a rather large cat and had a deep, gruff drawl of a voice — he'd been told he wasn't the most inviting. But at least nothing in his gaze said any hostility.

"I'll be ready to start whenever you are, kid. Now, I've got a lotta moons on you, but y'look strong. Just let me know if ya want me to go easier, or if you're more advanced... we can try trickier stuff."

He hoped that didn't sound too condescending. Hopefully the apprentice just saw this as him attempting to "train" rather than boss around... but StarClan knew he had the hardest time regulating his tone, so who knows how they took it.

/ @iliri - for context, stag is about ~50 moons and is a battle-hardened big guy with a lotta strength and quick-ish reflexes. not easily beaten in battle and is hard to throw around due to his size. so that's why he's thinking like that haha. plus he's not sure of Cormorant's skills yet. but he shall see soon! this spar should be fun!!

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!