View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2024, 04:37 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Distracted

Default Re: April Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybi View Post
Badgerear was glad that Brairsplash agreed with what he said. He didn't always say the right thing. He didn't even notice Brairsplash's slip up with mentioning your warrior code instead of ours, not being the type of cat to over analyze anything.

"I'm not much a fighter to be honest." He admitted to her. Despite his size, and he was large, he often preferred to talk things out or find other ways to deal with conflict. "But I would do what's necessary for my clan as you would with yours. But the warrior code is more than fighting. Like the truce for tonight is about peace." He looked up at the full moon, happy that his warrior ancestors were looking down on them all right now. He looked around at all the cats inter mingling, wishing the clans had more nights like this.

"It looks like Windclan has finally decided to join us." He mewed, wondering if he should find some Windclan cats to talk to too. He liked talking to this she cat, even if she was prickly but Badgerear couldn't tell if he was forcing her to continue this conversation or not.

(Thank you, he's based off my own cat who I swear is a Buddhist monk reincarnated into a cat)

"Hmph... I suppose you're right,"
Briarsplash muttered. If she wanted to keep fitting in, she'd better keep the peace just as the Warrior Code ordered. Even if it meant being friendly to enemy Clans during these meetings.

She followed Badgerear's gaze as he commented on WindClan's arrival. Lithe and fast, they gracefully entered with a certain lightfootedness to them. "I see," she mewed, nodding. "Now we'll just have to see if RiverClan actually shows their faces this time."

There was a superior edge to her tone, part of her disdainful over the fish-clan. For some reason, she didn't mind Badgerear's company too much now. It was almost... refreshing to have another cat speak kindly? But Briarsplash hadn't really known peace a day in her life, whether physically or mentally — so it was also unnerving. She was uncomfortable for the mere fact she didn't know how to act other than hostile to other Clans — but here he was, being nothing but nice.

Briarsplash flicked her golden-green eyes back to Badgerear, watching him curiously. He'd be off to chat with other cats in just a moment, she was sure. She knew she was less than nice company, and it was better that way to her. The less possible "friendships" she made in other Clans the better — who knew when they'd have to sink their claws into each other next?

That's why these Gatherings were strange to her, especially as a former outsider. Peacefully meeting cats you might kill within another moon or so...

All these thoughts ran through her mind, so she fell quiet.

/ @Maybi [omg Briar is based off my own cat too! she's a big floofy menace especially to other cats which is why i made her so prickly LOL. i love that]

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!