View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2024, 10:57 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Breezy

Default Re: April Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybi View Post
Badgerear blinked as the Shadowclan cat, Briarsplash immediately jumped to insults.Then he threw back his head as he laughed.

"I haven't been called been called that since I was a kit!" He mewed, then he glanced back at his fluffy black tail. "Kinda suits me though!" Although the insult did remind him back when he was apprenticed, back when his ears healed into the shape they were in now and all the insults his own clanmates gave him to tease him.

He calmed down after a minute and pondered Briarsplash's question. Bumblestar did just have a clan meeting about a death of a clanmmate that was partially eaten by Shadowclan cat. Badgerear knew he should be wary of Shadowclan but he just didn't want to believe any clan cat could do such a thing. It was probably a rogue. The large warrior almost brought this up to Brairsplash but even he wasn't that dense to make that comment.

"I guess cause I believe that cats are just acting in the best interest of their own clans. Even if that makes us fight each other sometimes, we're just protecting our families. I can't hold that against anyone." He finally answered her. "Hopefully this new leaf will bring lots off prey and there will be less fighting amongst us."

Briarsplash's ears twitched as Badgerear... laughed? She'd expected that he'd return her venomous words, but he hadn't. He seemed to brush it off and then keep going. She pondered this for a moment before snorting and briskly shaking her head in response to his words. At least they could agree on one thing — fighting seemed necessary nowadays, and everyone had to do it. Fair and square.

"All we can do is act in the best interest of our Clan," she stated fiercely, nodding once. "Even if it makes us fight every moon, it's worth it. I don't care if it means I'd have to battle 'till I die against any of you. If we don't have loyalty to the Clan that raised us, fed us, trained us... what do we have? Nothin'. Isn't that all your warrior code is supposed to talk about?"

Then she bit her tongue. She had slipped and said 'your' warrior code. This cat didn't need to know she'd been brought in as an outsider, barely old enough and starving, pregnant with a kitten. He didn't deserve to have the faintest idea in her mind. She'd done nothing but try to prove her ShadowClan loyalty since that day, swearing by her life to service them in gratitude for saving her. But maybe he wouldn't notice her blunder — maybe he would think she was just using the corporate 'you', referring to all the Clans.

Regardless, she fluffed out her fur and inhaled, calming herself down. The reasonable part of her wanted to meet him where he was at — it was somewhat interesting talking to a cat from another Clan, after all. But the bigger part of her still felt a tingle of rage simply for the ThunderClan scent that clung to his pelt. Perhaps he'd notice her hesitation, perhaps not.

/ @Maybi [badgerear is so kind, i love him already ]

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!
Request Healing | (Temporary/Exile) Healing Den

Last edited by squidz; April 12th, 2024 at 10:59 AM.