View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2024, 04:16 PM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Status: ON VACATION UNTIL JUNE 4TH - will reply to all when i'm back <3
Bump Policy: 3 days (i will forget!) | 1 day time-sensitive <3
My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: berrypaw's training! [p]

Berrypaw breathed in and out slowly through her nose as Mistyshard spoke. She was still concentrating so hard on not moving that she just barely heard her mentors words... to stop doing just that. Loosen up! As soon as she did she stumbled a little, the current strong against her untrained legs. Yet still, the apprentice felt a little glimmer of pride that it was good for her first time, though she knew the hardest part was still yet to come.

"Right... balanced and strong..."
She murmured to herself, looking down at he rushing current over her paws. Berrypaw really felt like neither of those things — rather clumsy and weak. But if she really was doing so well, and Mistyshard was right there to catch her... she should be fine! Right?

The apprentice took in a deep breath to try to settle her quickening heart rate and nodded once. "I'm going all in!" She declared in a sudden rush of bravery.

But the second Berrypaw lifted her supporting leg, she began to wobble. She tried to plant it down on the river floor, only to have her paws swept from underneath her. "Ah!" She gasped as she fumbled, falling into the water with a splash.

Just as she promised, Mistyshard's body was there to block the little cat from tumbling down the stream. Still, the sudden shock of cold stole the breath from Berrypaw and she wildly tried to find the ground for footing. Using her mentor's strong form for support, Berrypaw finally found her foot, still leaning into the warrior.

Her legs wobbled as she stood against the current, able to stand straight up but only because the warrior beside her provided a nice base. Without Mistyshard, Berrypaw would've been flying down the river by now. She said nothing, only concentrating hard on trying to be as "balanced" and "strong" as her mentor was — but it clearly wasn't going as well as she hoped.

/ @starry [you're all good!! take your time <3]

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice!