View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2024, 03:13 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: ThunderClan Clearing

When the world swam back into focus, Bumblestar found herself in a heap on the ground. Blurry faces came into view - Wolfpaw pressed up against her, Redhawk and Mudhound hovering nearby, Violetfreckle with her... her head against her chest. Her limbs felt numb. Her throat hurt, but it was no longer bleeding, even though her fur was soaked through with crimson. Her neck ached when she tried to lift her head, maybe from the position she'd fallen into.

Her balance wavered when she started to stand. This wasn't something she was used to, dying and coming back to life, much less having her throat torn out through a dream. Brokenstar's method didn't really surprise her, but she needed a moment to regain her composure. Just to breathe, get the feeling back. She exhaled shakily as she straightened herself out and pressed her face into Violetfreckle’s shoulder. “Thank StarClan.” One of the only times she’d ever utter that phrase and mean it. “T-thought I’d… Thought you were gone.”

Then she pulled a forepaw around Wolfpaw to tug him close and press her nose to the top of his head, meeting Redhawk's and Mudhound's eyes over him. "I'm fine," she croaked out. "I'm okay. Still got my lives left, I'm okay."

Another exhale as she shot Mapleface's corpse a look full of hatred. "Someone take that body out to the outskirts. Dump it well away from the border 'n leave it for crowfood. It's not gettin' a burial on ThunderClan land." She leaned against Violetfreckle's shoulder, claws digging into the ground for extra support. “'N if anyone here lays a claw on her again-” her voice scraped painfully against the back of her throat as she lifted her head to sweep sharp eyes across the clearing. “-I will rend you open from chin to tail ‘n leave you to rot as food for the scavengers.”

She tipped her head in Violetfreckle's direction, volume lowering. "You okay? Anything still hurtin'?"

[ should be the last mass mention for this ]