PDA

View Full Version : RiverClan Training Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

Zero
May 27th, 2020, 07:17 PM
Splashfury felt her head simultaneously hit Coastpaw's head. Off the sudden, her motherly instincts kicked in. She scrambled to Coastpaw and flooded him with questions. "Oh no Coastpaw! Are you okay? Did you get hurt?"
She ignored the bruise starting to swell on her head and scrambled to find moss and soak it with the cold island water and offered it to him.

As their heads smacked together with a loud clunk, Coastpaw stumbled back a bit but was able to shake away the pain, though there would probably be a bump on his forehead later. He leaned back in surprise as Splashfury suddenly came close, showering him with her worry and concern. "I'm okay!" He meowed quickly, though still took the moss she offered and instead of using it himself, he pressed it gently to her head. "My head is as hard as a rock, I'm perfectly fine." He meowed first before continuing. "I'm sorry, that was a stupid move to do in a fight where I wasn't supposed to hurt you. Are you alright?" He was young and could easily take a few good bumps to the head; he was kind of dumb as a young kid and still used to it.

Elementals
May 27th, 2020, 07:43 PM
As their heads smacked together with a loud clunk, Coastpaw stumbled back a bit but was able to shake away the pain, though there would probably be a bump on his forehead later. He leaned back in surprise as Splashfury suddenly came close, showering him with her worry and concern. "I'm okay!" He meowed quickly, though still took the moss she offered and instead of using it himself, he pressed it gently to her head. "My head is as hard as a rock, I'm perfectly fine." He meowed first before continuing. "I'm sorry, that was a stupid move to do in a fight where I wasn't supposed to hurt you. Are you alright?" He was young and could easily take a few good bumps to the head; he was kind of dumb as a young kid and still used to it.

Splashfury blinked as Coastpaw held the moss to her bruise that was starting to swell. "Oh no, it wasn't your fault! You did it out of self-defense which will make you very strong in a battle. To be honest, you did better than me when I was an apprentice. I am fine, thank you for asking!"She purred as talked and glanced at the sky. "I think that is enough training for today. See you crocodile!"she meowed and dipped her head to her apprentice and padded back to camp and waited for him to catch up.

Zero
May 27th, 2020, 07:50 PM
Splashfury blinked as Coastpaw held the moss to her bruise that was starting to swell. "Oh no, it wasn't your fault! You did it out of self-defense which will make you very strong in a battle. To be honest, you did better than me when I was an apprentice. I am fine, thank you for asking!"She purred as talked and glanced at the sky. "I think that is enough training for today. See you crocodile!"she meowed and dipped her head to her apprentice and padded back to camp and waited for him to catch up.

Coastpaw tossed the moss aside as she decided that was enough training, a bit disappointed as he still had a bunch of energy left over. "Alright, that's all good with me." He responded anyways, as he knew she must have other responsibilities. He'd just have to go practice by himself for a bit tonight he decided as Splashfury padded off towards camp. "After a while... alligator?" That wasn't how it went... was it? The apprentice scurried after her, wondering.

Bread
May 27th, 2020, 10:26 PM
Salmonsong gave a nod,” Go ahead, and no need to be gentle, strike anywhere on me.“ she meowed hoping Duckpaw wouldn’t try the tail.

Duckpaw grinned. She got her paws ready to strike Salmonsong's back. To her dismay, she only nudged her. The young apprentice frowned, she thought she could send her flying. Duckpaw shook her head, she knew that would never happen.

Elementals
May 27th, 2020, 10:36 PM
Coastpaw tossed the moss aside as she decided that was enough training, a bit disappointed as he still had a bunch of energy left over. "Alright, that's all good with me." He responded anyways, as he knew she must have other responsibilities. He'd just have to go practice by himself for a bit tonight he decided as Splashfury padded off towards camp. "After a while... alligator?" That wasn't how it went... was it? The apprentice scurried after her, wondering.

(We can stop here if you would like :P)

Mango
May 28th, 2020, 08:32 AM
Duckpaw grinned. She got her paws ready to strike Salmonsong's back. To her dismay, she only nudged her. The young apprentice frowned, she thought she could send her flying. Duckpaw shook her head, she knew that would never happen.
Salmonsong smiled,” Don’t be upset, it was a good strike, just not much force. How about you simply try to attack me doing what you think will work. Think back to playfighting as a kit, and the moves I taught you, see if you can use any of the moves you tried as a kit, a lot of warrior moves aren’t too far off from the kit moves.” she meowed

Zero
May 28th, 2020, 08:57 AM
(We can stop here if you would like :P)
(Alrighty!)

Bread
May 28th, 2020, 10:29 AM
Salmonsong smiled,” Don’t be upset, it was a good strike, just not much force. How about you simply try to attack me doing what you think will work. Think back to playfighting as a kit, and the moves I taught you, see if you can use any of the moves you tried as a kit, a lot of warrior moves aren’t too far off from the kit moves.” she meowed

Duckpaw grinned. She swatted at Salmonsong, then proceeded to jump on her back and keep flailing her arms at her. This was the same technique she used at the blitz, but instead she included the new skill she had learned, and it worked pretty well.

Mango
May 28th, 2020, 03:47 PM
Duckpaw grinned. She swatted at Salmonsong, then proceeded to jump on her back and keep flailing her arms at her. This was the same technique she used at the blitz, but instead she included the new skill she had learned, and it worked pretty well.
Salmonsong noticed that this time she made it onto her back and was flailing herself around so Salmonosong tried something to see how Duckpaw would handle the situation. She began to roll to her side.

Bread
May 28th, 2020, 09:54 PM
Salmonsong noticed that this time she made it onto her back and was flailing herself around so Salmonosong tried something to see how Duckpaw would handle the situation. She began to roll to her side.

Duckpaws eyes widened as she felt herself tipping over. She didn't have a strong enough grasp to Salmonsong and ended up plopping onto the floor. The young apprentice still grinned though, she was pretty proud of herself and hoped her mentor would be too.

wolfie
May 29th, 2020, 01:32 AM
NIGHTOWL Cecily Herondale Queenie
The tom gave a dip of his head in a gesture to say 'good morning' also.

Oh. Wormbite frowned for a moment, it was the more the merrier? "Both have similar meanings, " They both meant joy-- cheerfulness. So, he was close. (No, no you weren't) He raised an brow at Sootclaw's 'wormy' nickname, a quiet chuckle escaped his lips. One that could be easily missed.

He would lean against Sootclaw, casting an glance towards Finchpaw once more. Squinting his eyes, glancing her up and down. He finally meowed, "She seems nice, if you believe she will be one of the best. Then she will, " Wormbite couldn't form a proper opinion yet. Even if he felt slightly wary about the molly-- he trusted Sootclaw in his opinions.

His ears perked up, for once in his life he wasn't utterly clueless to what Sootclaw was hinting to. Which-- he should most likely tell the tom about.. how he had gave up on the whole dark army. Not exactly, of course. It was more like.. going secretly public.

Wormbite looked to Lightpaw and then Finchpaw. Both rather lean cats --- but judging by appearances alone was a stupid idea. "Defense should be our main focus-- for today. " He mewed, even if the topic was a bit boring. "I believe warm-ups would be a good way to start. Laps, perhaps?" He questioned. It would give him an chance to see into their endurance and speed, too. "Lightpaw, what do you think?" He asked, tilting his head. He wanted to encourage the molly to be more logical than emotional.

Mango
May 29th, 2020, 09:23 AM
Duckpaws eyes widened as she felt herself tipping over. She didn't have a strong enough grasp to Salmonsong and ended up plopping onto the floor. The young apprentice still grinned though, she was pretty proud of herself and hoped her mentor would be too.
(Sorry it’s short, stuck on my phone until my new bluetooth keyboard arrives)
Salmonsong purred,” Good job, I was curious to see how you’d handle the roll. ” she meowed

Bread
May 29th, 2020, 11:20 AM
(Sorry it’s short, stuck on my phone until my new bluetooth keyboard arrives)
Salmonsong purred,” Good job, I was curious to see how you’d handle the roll. ” she meowed

Duckpaw grinned. Her mentor was proud of her, even though she had fallen. Wow! I learned a lot! the young apprentice thought to herself. She couldn't wait to learn more, she had the best mentor ever!

Mango
May 29th, 2020, 11:21 AM
Duckpaw grinned. Her mentor was proud of her, even though she had fallen. Wow! I learned a lot! the young apprentice thought to herself. She couldn't wait to learn more, she had the best mentor ever!
Salmonsong purred,” Do you want to be done with battle training for now, or keep going?” she asked gently out of curiosity.

Queenie
May 29th, 2020, 01:58 PM
NIGHTOWL Cecily Herondale x ghostie

Lightpaw's eyes narrowed at the slight hint of something in Sootclaw's voice. What were they talking about? She knew Wormbite was just announced as a the new Lionheart Maybe that had something to do with it? She puffed out her chest a bit thinking about how important her mentor was to Lionstar and the clan.

Speaking of her mentor Lightpaw frowned, as he began addressing her. Laps? That was no fun! She wanted to get to in some actual training! She sized up Finchpaw. If they both were starting from the same place then Lightpaw felt she had a good chance at beating her. Yet, Wormbite was her mentor and if he said laps were a good way to start, shhe simply had to believe him "Whatever you say Wormbite." She looked around. Was there a pond around here somewhere? Maybe he meant swimming laps? Being in water was much more enjoyable than the hot sand. She imagined running around, scorching her paws. That couldn't be comfortable.

nykyrian
May 29th, 2020, 07:17 PM
NIGHTOWL x ghostie Queenie
Laps? So Cobaltshade was right, daily runs at dawn would help her, in more ways then one. The apprentice remembered the water behind her. Could Wormbite mean swimming? Because that would have a completely different outcome, and not a very good one. Finchpaw doubted it, and pushed the thought from her mind. The she-cat pawed a bit at the scorching sand beneath her feet out of boredom, and awaited some sort of instruction

Bread
May 29th, 2020, 07:17 PM
Salmonsong purred,” Do you want to be done with battle training for now, or keep going?” she asked gently out of curiosity.

"I'm pretty tired," Duckpaw said, "all those cool moves took my energy, I think I'm going to go rest."

(Since you don't have your keyboard, it may be hard to type and I don't want to rush anything either.)

Leucos
May 29th, 2020, 08:39 PM
x ghostie Queenie Cecily Herondale

"well then! Let's get going ~" he purred. He stood beside finchpaw and got into a stance " ready when you guys are" he wasn't gonna be those mentors who did nothing with their apprentice. Those he hated. He looked at finchpaw " start out a jog..if that's easier then slowly work up speed"

wolfie
May 30th, 2020, 08:17 AM
NIGHTOWL Queenie Cecily Herondale
Wormbite gave a short nod, shuffling a few paw-steps away from Sootclaw and staggering to his paws. He gave his wounded shoulder a lick of sympathy--- "Ready, " He meowed-- settling besides Lightpaw. "One, two, three.."

The tom took off into a fast jog, it was a bit strange working on three-legs instead of four like usual but Wormbite didn't want to risk irritating his paw and shoulder any more. Not to mention, it was a warm-up. Didn't need to go all out.

Spiderfrost
May 30th, 2020, 01:13 PM
"I'm here!" Harepaw shook his pelt as he caught up. "What are we training about today?"
[On phone, short reply...also got a switch lite and have been on a sabbatical to play on it]

Brightwhisker grinned proudly at Harepaw, his tail twitching with held back excitement.

"I think you'll be pleased to know, this will be our last training session together, you've done well, Harepaw. So I thought to make our last one into a bit of a game. The goal will be to get back to camp with something, meanwhile I will be hiding from you, trying to steal the item. You will have to guard it. If I take it from you you will have to rack me down to take it back. You have until the end of the day." He explained to his waterlogged apprentice.

Mango
May 30th, 2020, 02:31 PM
"I'm pretty tired," Duckpaw said, "all those cool moves took my energy, I think I'm going to go rest."

(Since you don't have your keyboard, it may be hard to type and I don't want to rush anything either.)
Salmonsong gave a nod,” Alright. Why don’t we rest up then.”
(Want to start the next training session?)

Star child
May 30th, 2020, 03:20 PM
[On phone, short reply...also got a switch lite and have been on a sabbatical to play on it]

Brightwhisker grinned proudly at Harepaw, his tail twitching with held back excitement.

"I think you'll be pleased to know, this will be our last training session together, you've done well, Harepaw. So I thought to make our last one into a bit of a game. The goal will be to get back to camp with something, meanwhile I will be hiding from you, trying to steal the item. You will have to guard it. If I take it from you you will have to rack me down to take it back. You have until the end of the day." He explained to his waterlogged apprentice.
Harepaw's eyes widened. My last training session.. He couldn't believe it. It was like time just flew by. "The game sounds fun!" He chirped, his pom-pom-bunny like tail wagging.

Queenie
May 30th, 2020, 03:33 PM
NIGHTOWL Cecily Herondale x ghostie

On Wormbite's mark Lightpaw began to move. She was extraordinarily unsatisfied with the running and would've much rather preferred laps in a pond somewhere, but she assumed remaining dry was probably beneficial for this training session. She jogged slightly behind Wormbite narrowing her eyes as she observed his wounded leg. She had been surprised to hear they were training again, after their patrol had been cut short by his injury. She was slightly satisfied to see he was taking it easy but a worried crease appeared on her face as the group trotted around the clearing.

It was a bit difficult with the sand, while the substrate was nice and soft to stand on or jump into, running worked her muscles ferociously. With every pawstep her paws sunk in a little deeper and to pull them out strained the small she-cat. She had to imagine the sand was deep, it was halfway up her legs as the group treaded around and around. "Great Starclan." She whined, normally the molly kept her mouth shut respectfully, but the task in THIS heat proved to be a worthy reason to show her discomfort.

nykyrian
May 30th, 2020, 03:56 PM
NIGHTOWL x ghostie Queenie
Sootclaw's words did make sense to the Molly and she took his advice, sort of. This isn't that different from Lionsbeach, the sand is just hotter. Finchpaw noted, moving at a slow run. She let her mind wander freely, though being careful not to let her pace change. Her black pelt soaked up heat, like a sponge in water, which didn't help her cause. The apprentice thought of the birds flying above, this is the closest I'll ever get to flying she realized, it's probably cooler in the air too

Leucos
May 30th, 2020, 04:32 PM
x ghostie Queenie Cecily Herondale

At the three he did a jog, which looked more like a prance for some reason. Probably because he was really happy? He didn't know. it didn't look like this when they were training in the territory ! That made him frown . Soon he began to pick up speed and focused on the breeze against his pelt. Looking down at Finchpaw he folded his ears black pelt...bad for sun "take your time, don't overwork yourself ok?" he didn't want her , his first apprentice , to Pass out! "if your getting dizzy at any moment or labor of breath ..just stop. I'll understand " with that he returned his gaze to the front. I wonder..nah...stick with the training session!
"how you doing you two?!" he mrowed with a smile .

Spiderfrost
May 31st, 2020, 11:02 AM
Harepaw's eyes widened. My last training session.. He couldn't believe it. It was like time just flew by. "The game sounds fun!" He chirped, his pom-pom-bunny like tail wagging.

Brightwhisker scanned the island then, to see what he thought would be useful to bring back. A patch of soft reeds caught his eyes and her nodded, pointing towards the the plants.

"Pick enough reeds to give to the elders den. Get them to camp in one piece and I was call this assessment a success."

Star child
May 31st, 2020, 03:02 PM
Brightwhisker scanned the island then, to see what he thought would be useful to bring back. A patch of soft reeds caught his eyes and her nodded, pointing towards the the plants.

"Pick enough reeds to give to the elders den. Get them to camp in one piece and I was call this assessment a success."
Harepaw looked towards the reeds, then at Brightwhisker. He was supposed to get the reeds back in one piece, and go through him? How was he supposed to do that? ''Okay," He mewed slowly, "Do I wait here until you hide?"

Spiderfrost
May 31st, 2020, 03:07 PM
Harepaw looked towards the reeds, then at Brightwhisker. He was supposed to get the reeds back in one piece, and go through him? How was he supposed to do that? ''Okay," He mewed slowly, "Do I wait here until you hide?"

A grin twitched into place as Brightwhisker got to his paws.

"You go pick your reeds, I'll be hidden nearby to make sure you get through the water with them in case something goes wrong. But other than that, it'll be a game of cat and mouse." he conceded before wading into the water once more to get back to the main portion of their territory.

Star child
May 31st, 2020, 03:19 PM
A grin twitched into place as Brightwhisker got to his paws.

"You go pick your reeds, I'll be hidden nearby to make sure you get through the water with them in case something goes wrong. But other than that, it'll be a game of cat and mouse." he conceded before wading into the water once more to get back to the main portion of their territory.
Harepaw watched Brightwhisker for a moment, flicking an ear. Then he padded towards the reeds, wondering how soon Brightwhisker would come for him.

wolfie
June 1st, 2020, 01:04 AM
Queenie Cecily Herondale NIGHTOWL
Wormbite felt like a minnowbrain as he.. did his strange jog-run. It seemed like it required more effort to keep his paw off the ground then on. Though, he kept at it. Keeping at an decent pace.

His ears perked up, casting an glance to Lightpaw-- he raised an brow. A chuckle escaped his lips, ''Sand sucks, huh?" Wormbite hum, his eyes gleaming with just.. subtle amusement. His tone was slightly breathy from the run-jog thing. He made a mental note inside his head. Lightpaw = Small.

Wormbite blinked, looking over to Sootclaw. ''Fine. You..?"

Queenie
June 1st, 2020, 03:23 AM
x ghostie Cecily Herondale NIGHTOWL

Lightpaw scowled as Wormbite chuckled at her struggle. She was doing the best she could! She coughed and sputtered as her front paws somehow managed to kick sand up into mouth. We're they done yet?? The group had been going in circles for longer than Lightpaw's attention span allowed and the molly slowed her pace as she began looking at the foilage to entertain herself during the absolutely mundane task of running around in a circle. Look at the flower! A bird! Oh what's that noise? A peculiar smell? There's that noise again! I wonder if it's a predator? No probably prey. Her young mind wandered helplessly as she fell farther and farther behind the joggers.

Spiderfrost
June 1st, 2020, 01:39 PM
Harepaw watched Brightwhisker for a moment, flicking an ear. Then he padded towards the reeds, wondering how soon Brightwhisker would come for him.

The tom quickly found himselfa good place to hide until he was sure Harepaw had made it safely on the other side of the water.

Star child
June 1st, 2020, 02:03 PM
The tom quickly found himselfa good place to hide until he was sure Harepaw had made it safely on the other side of the water.
Harepaw then raced towards the reeds, digging them up as neatly as he could when he reached them.

Spiderfrost
June 1st, 2020, 11:20 PM
Harepaw then raced towards the reeds, digging them up as neatly as he could when he reached them.

From his hiding spot, Brightwhisker made himself comfortable for the wait as he keeps his eyes on his apprentice.

Star child
June 2nd, 2020, 02:33 AM
From his hiding spot, Brightwhisker made himself comfortable for the wait as he keeps his eyes on his apprentice.
(Wait so does he try and head to camp, or does he need to do anything else??)

Spiderfrost
June 2nd, 2020, 11:46 AM
(Wait so does he try and head to camp, or does he need to do anything else??)

(Pretty much, yeah. I didn't want to make the explanation make it sound hard or anything. I want us to be able to rp a couple scuffles, maybe steal the reeds so he uses track skills. I wanted what he has to do be simple enough to incorporate everything an apprentice has to learn. Hence why we started at the training island because he has to swim once empty handed and another time carrying something. Easy to start and list off what will happen)

CheetahPelt
June 2nd, 2020, 12:07 PM
FuzzyRatto

Asterpaw raised his head. He was ready to really train. "Lightstreak, what are we doing today?" He meowed. He had practiced his hunting crouch and was ready to show her, or his speed! Maybe dodging? He bounced on his paws excitedly.

FuzzyRatto
June 2nd, 2020, 01:11 PM
FuzzyRatto

Asterpaw raised his head. He was ready to really train. "Lightstreak, what are we doing today?" He meowed. He had practiced his hunting crouch and was ready to show her, or his speed! Maybe dodging? He bounced on his paws excitedly.

[Just to clarify-these events are before Lightstreak broke a limb, which is currently happening.]

"Well, why don't we do a bit of both hunting and fighting? Now, do you know how to catch a fish?" She made her way over to the river. She sat by the edge, leaning back a bit. Her eyes darted around the river under the trees until-sploosh! Lightstreak's paw shot into the water and out again, making few ripples. She looked at what she had caught and sighed. "It's smaller than I'd hoped..."

Star child
June 2nd, 2020, 01:31 PM
(Pretty much, yeah. I didn't want to make the explanation make it sound hard or anything. I want us to be able to rp a couple scuffles, maybe steal the reeds so he uses track skills. I wanted what he has to do be simple enough to incorporate everything an apprentice has to learn. Hence why we started at the training island because he has to swim once empty handed and another time carrying something. Easy to start and list off what will happen)
(okey, so are they going to swim across the water and then scuffle, or scffle in the water first?)

Spiderfrost
June 2nd, 2020, 06:07 PM
(okey, so are they going to swim across the water and then scuffle, or scffle in the water first?)
(Was going to start a fight after he left the water and started heading for camp)

Star child
June 2nd, 2020, 07:37 PM
(Was going to start a fight after he left the water and started heading for camp)
(Oh okey)
Harepaw looked around, then stepped into the water as silently as he could, swimming across the water. He looked around still when got onto the other side, shaking his pelt. Seems clear, he thought, and padded into the direction of the camp. This is pretty easy!

Spiderfrost
June 3rd, 2020, 06:49 PM
(Oh okey)
Harepaw looked around, then stepped into the water as silently as he could, swimming across the water. He looked around still when got onto the other side, shaking his pelt. Seems clear, he thought, and padded into the direction of the camp. This is pretty easy!

Brightwhisker let out a breath, relieved Harepaw swam safely back to the mainland. But now--and here his tail twitched with barely restrained excitement--his true test started.

It was time to see how Harepaw dealt with spontaneity and independent thought. He recalled their first sparing session and he seemed to have difficulty thinking on the fly.

Blue eyes kept the calico tom in site as the shore line began to recede behind them. Harepaw seemed relaxed that he had yet to jump out. That, however, was going to change.

Quietly, on soft paw steps, the sleek furred tom stalked through the cover of tall reeds and bushes and grass to position himself proper. He had been a little in front of Harepaw then, so when the apprentice made his way past his hiding spot, the warrior pounced into action. His front legs outstretched to grab his apprentice and knock him down.

Star child
June 3rd, 2020, 08:33 PM
Brightwhisker let out a breath, relieved Harepaw swam safely back to the mainland. But now--and here his tail twitched with barely restrained excitement--his true test started.

It was time to see how Harepaw dealt with spontaneity and independent thought. He recalled their first sparing session and he seemed to have difficulty thinking on the fly.

Blue eyes kept the calico tom in site as the shore line began to recede behind them. Harepaw seemed relaxed that he had yet to jump out. That, however, was going to change.

Quietly, on soft paw steps, the sleek furred tom stalked through the cover of tall reeds and bushes and grass to position himself proper. He had been a little in front of Harepaw then, so when the apprentice made his way past his hiding spot, the warrior pounced into action. His front legs outstretched to grab his apprentice and knock him down.
Harepaw yowled with surprise as Brightwhisker knocked him over. When had he gotten over here? He rolled over, attempting to kick Brightwhisker off him.

Moon Lily
June 4th, 2020, 05:37 AM
[ The Shadow Flower ]

Hickoryblaze emerged from the undergrowth, the reeds parting as he pushed his way through to step on the dusty ground of the training island. Stonepaw, having been apprenticed more than once must have recognized it. The fighting arena, amazing fishing spot, and accessible water source made it the ideal place for such an important teaching session. He wanted to assess the she-cat's skills before they actually got into the whole thing. He assumed she was decent, being an older apprentice. He just hoped she wouldn't run off like the others.
"Okay, missy moo! You are here to show me what you've got. I assume you've been here before, eh?"

The Shadow Flower
June 4th, 2020, 09:16 AM
[ The Shadow Flower ]

Hickoryblaze emerged from the undergrowth, the reeds parting as he pushed his way through to step on the dusty ground of the training island. Stonepaw, having been apprenticed more than once must have recognized it. The fighting arena, amazing fishing spot, and accessible water source made it the ideal place for such an important teaching session. He wanted to assess the she-cat's skills before they actually got into the whole thing. He assumed she was decent, being an older apprentice. He just hoped she wouldn't run off like the others.
"Okay, missy moo! You are here to show me what you've got. I assume you've been here before, eh?"

(She’s only ever had one training)
StonePaw would pad after the warrior, taking in the sight of the island.
The apprentice would flick her ear at his question.
Not really.
Her past mentors never really took the time to train her.
She just hoped she didn’t embarrass herself in front of her mentor.

Moon Lily
June 5th, 2020, 03:56 PM
(She’s only ever had one training)
StonePaw would pad after the warrior, taking in the sight of the island.
The apprentice would flick her ear at his question.
Not really.
Her past mentors never really took the time to train her.
She just hoped she didn’t embarrass herself in front of her mentor.

[Poor kid...]

Hickoryblaze raised an eyebrow, face pinched in a mix of amusement and curiousity. 'Not really'? What was that supposed to mean? Had her previous mentors really been that bad.
"I bet it was those sucky mentors you had, eh? Well I far from suck. So we'll pump some stuff into that brain of yours in no time." He flourished his mountain of fur, the golden-brown thing glinting as if laughing. He turned to face her, amber orbs lighting with challenge.
"You ready?"

Spiderfrost
June 6th, 2020, 09:46 PM
Harepaw yowled with surprise as Brightwhisker knocked him over. When had he gotten over here? He rolled over, attempting to kick Brightwhisker off him.
[ any grabs Bright makes for the reeds i'll leave up to you to decide whether he takes them or not ]

The tom felt Harepaw's pressing into his stomach. The warrior made to jump up with the force of his apprentices attempt to kick him off. He still felt the pressure of the kick even as he avoided most of the hit. Shaking it off, the warrior changed his stance and began to stalk around Harepaw, waiting for an opening or for his apprentice to start running.

Star child
June 6th, 2020, 09:54 PM
[ any grabs Bright makes for the reeds i'll leave up to you to decide whether he takes them or not ]

The tom felt Harepaw's pressing into his stomach. The warrior made to jump up with the force of his apprentices attempt to kick him off. He still felt the pressure of the kick even as he avoided most of the hit. Shaking it off, the warrior changed his stance and began to stalk around Harepaw, waiting for an opening or for his apprentice to start running.
(I was thinking the first time Bright tries to take them, he gets them.)
Harepaw tried to search for the reeds-He had dropped them as Brightwhisker had jumped- while trying to plot what would happen if Brightwhisker made another move.

Spiderfrost
June 6th, 2020, 11:16 PM
(I was thinking the first time Bright tries to take them, he gets them.)
Harepaw tried to search for the reeds-He had dropped them as Brightwhisker had jumped- while trying to plot what would happen if Brightwhisker made another move.

(do you want him to have to track Bright to get them back? Or continue the scuffle going on to get them back quicker? If Bright runs off with them, he'll hide them for Hare to find again)

Dark eyes skittered across the ground and latched onto the bundle of reeds he had sent Harepaw to retrieve. A grin twitched onto his muzzle before it vanished into his silent frown of concentration as he stalked ever closer.

Mo0nbli
June 9th, 2020, 09:07 AM
Frostflame was looking around. Hm.. oh, yeah. “Ok,almondpaw, you’re gonna try to attack me. Idc how you do it, but I’ll teach you how to fight while we’re doing it. @TeamMilkBot

The Shadow Flower
June 13th, 2020, 11:50 PM
[Poor kid...]

Hickoryblaze raised an eyebrow, face pinched in a mix of amusement and curiousity. 'Not really'? What was that supposed to mean? Had her previous mentors really been that bad.
"I bet it was those sucky mentors you had, eh? Well I far from suck. So we'll pump some stuff into that brain of yours in no time." He flourished his mountain of fur, the golden-brown thing glinting as if laughing. He turned to face her, amber orbs lighting with challenge.
"You ready?"

(Sorry I’m so late!)
The she-cat would smile at her mentor, glad he wasn’t like the others.

StonePaw would return his gaze, her eyes showing her excitement
for the training session.
”Bring it on!”
The gray apprentice would giggle a bit, feeling almost like a kit.

Moon Lily
June 14th, 2020, 04:58 AM
(Sorry I’m so late!)
The she-cat would smile at her mentor, glad he wasn’t like the others.

StonePaw would return his gaze, her eyes showing her excitement
for the training session.
”Bring it on!”
The gray apprentice would giggle a bit, feeling almost like a kit.

[Don't apologize!]

Hickoryblaze grinned at the smiling she-cat, eyes glinting with charm. She wasn't anything like the sass-queen he'd had before this. She seemed shyer, more quiet than the last. Which he didn't mind, not one bit. At least she knew how to have fun.

Amber gaze flitting in the morning sun, he felt his paws flex with energy. He was ready to cram some info into that mind of hers. He felt well rested enough to go on for a quarter moon! Narrowing his eyes in excitement, he turned away to think.
"Okay. Shall we start with the basics, honey? Unless you know them, hm? He purred, challenge hunting in his gaze as he jolted back to face the eager apprentice.

The Shadow Flower
June 14th, 2020, 11:52 AM
[Don't apologize!]

Hickoryblaze grinned at the smiling she-cat, eyes glinting with charm. She wasn't anything like the sass-queen he'd had before this. She seemed shyer, more quiet than the last. Which he didn't mind, not one bit. At least she knew how to have fun.

Amber gaze flitting in the morning sun, he felt his paws flex with energy. He was ready to cram some info into that mind of hers. He felt well rested enough to go on for a quarter moon! Narrowing his eyes in excitement, he turned away to think.
"Okay. Shall we start with the basics, honey? Unless you know them, hm? He purred, challenge hunting in his gaze as he jolted back to face the eager apprentice.
StonePaw would shake her head quickly.
She knew how to catch prey, but nothing else.

Moon Lily
June 15th, 2020, 05:04 AM
StonePaw would shake her head quickly.
She knew how to catch prey, but nothing else.

Hickoryblaze nodded slowly. No fighting moves in that mind of hers, then. She might recognize a few, and know the bare basics, but that was the mere surface of possibilities. Exhaling slowly, he allowed himself a small curse at her former mentors for leaving her like this. What stupid cats. Positioning himself so that he could demonstrate each move, he nodded simply before he began.
"Okay. So, you likely know how to hit, kick and roll. Those are things that don't have to be taught. We're going to work on combining those three to make a more advanced move. And if you ever get really good, maybe some water combat. Watch." He paused momentarily before he swiped at a blank space ahead of him, dove and performed a quick roll, then gave a swift kick in the same area. Nodding to Stonepaw, he grinned.
"Try it on me. Claws sheathed, please!"

Socks
June 15th, 2020, 11:50 PM
[ Wings ]

"Here we are!" Peachpaw skipped through the territory, hopping over the stream that surrounded the sandy island which was her destination. Her hind paws plopped into the water, splashing water onto her rear end. "Alright, okay, I can do anything so don't be afraid to teach me the hard stuff!" As she spoke, she shook the droplets of water from her fur, her little body flinging sanded as she wobbly shook herself like a kit.

Star child
June 16th, 2020, 10:15 PM
Honeypaw arrived at the island, wondering if Eagleflower had gotten here first and was waiting for her.
"Big Bear? Are you there?"
(Hey that kind of rhymes)
Moon Lily

Moon Lily
June 17th, 2020, 05:21 AM
Honeypaw arrived at the island, wondering if Eagleflower had gotten here first and was waiting for her.
"Big Bear? Are you there?"
(Hey that kind of rhymes)
Moon Lily

[Cute little rhyme~]

Eagleflower stepped out from the reeds that had previously hidden him from Honeypaw's view. As dainty as he tried to emerge from the long stems, he'd discovered long ago that there would always be a catch. And one that, to be fair, he likely deserved for putting all that effort into trying. As his paw landed, it came into close proximity with a frog, which startled both him and the poor creature in the process. He yelped, pelt spiking, as he jumped to the left and straight into a log. Flipping over the old piece of wood, he landed with an 'umph' on the other side. His head jolted up from behind it sheepishly, green gaze apologetic. And At Honeypaw's assessment, too...
"Hah! Hey, Little Flower. You ready for this?" He inquired, his new as excited as he could make it after all the curfuffle.

Star child
June 17th, 2020, 05:38 AM
[Cute little rhyme~]

Eagleflower stepped out from the reeds that had previously hidden him from Honeypaw's view. As dainty as he tried to emerge from the long stems, he'd discovered long ago that there would always be a catch. And one that, to be fair, he likely deserved for putting all that effort into trying. As his paw landed, it came into close proximity with a frog, which startled both him and the poor creature in the process. He yelped, pelt spiking, as he jumped to the left and straight into a log. Flipping over the old piece of wood, he landed with an 'umph' on the other side. His head jolted up from behind it sheepishly, green gaze apologetic. And At Honeypaw's assessment, too...
"Hah! Hey, Little Flower. You ready for this?" He inquired, his new as excited as he could make it after all the curfuffle.

Hoeypaw grinned with amusement at Eagleflower's actions. "I think I am, but are you?"

Moon Lily
June 18th, 2020, 06:24 AM
Hoeypaw grinned with amusement at Eagleflower's actions. "I think I am, but are you?"

Eagleflower paused at the question. It was a good one, mind you. Was he ready? Stance-wise, and physically ready-wise, yes. Once he flushed the shock from that unexpected frog attack out of his system. But emotionally? Was he ready to let go of his very first apprentice? To let her stray into warriorhood? He hesitated to answer for a minute or two the question virtually impossible to answer. He'd never be ready. But he had to be. Nodding as hard as he could in Honeypaw's direction, he exchanged a reassuring grin with the she-cat. Pride bubbles within him as he stood beside her.
"First task then, shall we? If"

Star child
June 18th, 2020, 06:50 AM
Eagleflower paused at the question. It was a good one, mind you. Was he ready? Stance-wise, and physically ready-wise, yes. Once he flushed the shock from that unexpected frog attack out of his system. But emotionally? Was he ready to let go of his very first apprentice? To let her stray into warriorhood? He hesitated to answer for a minute or two the question virtually impossible to answer. He'd never be ready. But he had to be. Nodding as hard as he could in Honeypaw's direction, he exchanged a reassuring grin with the she-cat. Pride bubbles within him as he stood beside her.
"First task then, shall we? If"

Honeypaw frowned. "If what?"

Sweetie
June 19th, 2020, 03:09 AM
Ughhhhhh, Goosefury was taking foreverrrrr. Sunpaw flopped on the ground annoyed at his mentor who was also grumpy. He waited for moons to become an apprentice and this is what he gets! Rolling his eyes and tapping his foot impatiently the fiery tom frowned when he did not see his mentor. "Yo Goosefury, where are ya?" Yowling without care if he disrupted others.

Slushie

dino.
June 19th, 2020, 11:04 AM
[ Shimm ]

Goosefury
------------------

Goosefury wanted to throw this kid into the river. "I'm right behind you!" he snapped, emerging from the water and coming up on the shore next to Sunpaw. "Will you PLEASE give me some time to get around? My scars ache and I'm really not too keen on moving too fast." Ugh, why had he been the one to get stuck with a needy little tick like Sunpaw? And why was his apprentice so loud? Couldn't he be quiet and obedient, like that Houndpaw he'd met a few days back? Goosefury stretched out on his back next to Sunpaw with a heavy sigh. "Now that I'm here: what do you want and how fast can we get it done so I can go rest?"

Moon Lily
June 19th, 2020, 04:45 PM
Honeypaw frowned. "If what?"

Eagleflower had been staring in amusement at the pair across the clearing from them- Goosefury and his apprentice, it seemed. A funny little pair. As a grin settled into his face, he'd barely realized that he'd paused mid-sentence. Luckily Honeypaw was here to fix that. Eyes alighting with surprise, he turned to face the confused apprentice.
"Hm? Great starclan, sorry about that. I was going to say 'if you want, we can start with fighting.'" He explained, his gaze tinged with apology. This training thing was getting off to a great start, wasn't it? Eagleflower, you daft tom. It must be the nerves. Maybe he wasn't ready himself? Waving that thought away, he nodded to Honeypaw, eager for an answer.

Star child
June 19th, 2020, 06:40 PM
Eagleflower had been staring in amusement at the pair across the clearing from them- Goosefury and his apprentice, it seemed. A funny little pair. As a grin settled into his face, he'd barely realized that he'd paused mid-sentence. Luckily Honeypaw was here to fix that. Eyes alighting with surprise, he turned to face the confused apprentice.
"Hm? Great starclan, sorry about that. I was going to say 'if you want, we can start with fighting.'" He explained, his gaze tinged with apology. This training thing was getting off to a great start, wasn't it? Eagleflower, you daft tom. It must be the nerves. Maybe he wasn't ready himself? Waving that thought away, he nodded to Honeypaw, eager for an answer.

"Okay," she agreed with fighting. "But are you okay? You seem fluff brained right now." Honeypaw genuinely wanted to know if her mentor was okay.

Wings
June 19th, 2020, 10:19 PM
[ Socks ]
--Russetstrike--

The russet tom had been taking notes of the way to the training.. island? Well, it made sense for RiverClan. Leaping over the stream, he landed in the squishy sand. Another thing he'd have to get used to too. Pushing those things out of his mind, he looked back at Peachpaw. Sitting down, "alright but, I want to see where you are at right now. Show me your best battle stance and moves." He gave her a nod to get her going.

Moon Lily
June 20th, 2020, 06:27 AM
"Okay," she agreed with fighting. "But are you okay? You seem fluff brained right now." Honeypaw genuinely wanted to know if her mentor was okay.

Eagleflower shrugged, his head still feeling as if it had come down from the clouds. Everything was changing so fast, and he didn't like it. First, Dreampaw, then Honeypaw was advancing to become a warrior, and who knew what was next?! He huffed, sinking back into his haunches. Breathing out steadily, he shook his head.
"I'm fine, just...worried, I guess. It's nothing. But last focus on making you a warrior, alright kiddo?" He encouraged, wiping the anxiety from his features. It was a bad thing to bottle all of these feelings up- he was smart enough to know that- but he couldn't help it. As an introvert, it was a natural reflex for him. Becoming small and insignificant. Allowing an deep exhale to trail from his lungs, he nodded, crouching and ready for an attack.

Star child
June 20th, 2020, 08:47 AM
Eagleflower shrugged, his head still feeling as if it had come down from the clouds. Everything was changing so fast, and he didn't like it. First, Dreampaw, then Honeypaw was advancing to become a warrior, and who knew what was next?! He huffed, sinking back into his haunches. Breathing out steadily, he shook his head.
"I'm fine, just...worried, I guess. It's nothing. But last focus on making you a warrior, alright kiddo?" He encouraged, wiping the anxiety from his features. It was a bad thing to bottle all of these feelings up- he was smart enough to know that- but he couldn't help it. As an introvert, it was a natural reflex for him. Becoming small and insignificant. Allowing an deep exhale to trail from his lungs, he nodded, crouching and ready for an attack.

Honeypaw crouched as well, but didn't make a move until she said "If you're scared that we wont be able to hang out as much, being a warrior doesn't mean I wont see you as much. I mean, we'll be sleeping in the same den."
The she darted towards him, aiming to jump over him and nip his back legs.

Socks
June 20th, 2020, 09:09 PM
[ Wings ]

"Sure thing!" Peachpaw beamed, padding further away from the stream to get more space. She crouched then pushed herself up into her hind legs, her 'signature move.' Once stood on two paws, she swiped out with her claws before allowing herself to drop back down on all fours. Thinking back to the mock battles with Sleetpaw and Ringpaw, she demonstrated a dodge she'd learnt then. Pivoting before rolling away, ending back on her paws. "How's that?"

Bread
June 20th, 2020, 10:20 PM
{I know that we didn't really have to do the full on assessment, but since we're almost done I think we might as well finish it. It can also boost Duckpaw up by some posts.}

Duckpaw waddled to the training island, and waited for Eveninglight to show up. The apprentice was a bit sad when Salmonsong said she couldn't do the battle part of the assessment with her, but she shrugged it off.

{ Zesty Mango }

Spiderfrost
June 20th, 2020, 11:47 PM
(do you want him to have to track Bright to get them back? Or continue the scuffle going on to get them back quicker? If Bright runs off with them, he'll hide them for Hare to find again)

Dark eyes skittered across the ground and latched onto the bundle of reeds he had sent Harepaw to retrieve. A grin twitched onto his muzzle before it vanished into his silent frown of concentration as he stalked ever closer.

-- Star child --

(This was never replied to as far as i know)

Star child
June 21st, 2020, 12:48 AM
-- Star child --

(This was never replied to as far as i know)
(whoops sorry. I guess they'll scuffle. I also have no idea how to reply to that, did Harepaw drop the reeds?)

Spiderfrost
June 21st, 2020, 01:51 AM
(whoops sorry. I guess they'll scuffle. I also have no idea how to reply to that, did Harepaw drop the reeds?)

[ I think he did, when Bright tackled him at the start. ]

Brightwhisker made his moved first. The long legged tom leaping once again into the air to land a hit on his apprentice to knock them away.

Moon Lily
June 21st, 2020, 04:25 AM
Honeypaw crouched as well, but didn't make a move until she said "If you're scared that we wont be able to hang out as much, being a warrior doesn't mean I wont see you as much. I mean, we'll be sleeping in the same den."
The she darted towards him, aiming to jump over him and nip his back legs.

Eagleflower hesitated before he responded seeing the reason in her reply. He had been overreacting a bit. Letting out a huff of relief, he nodded in agreement. "I guess so. Hey- I'm very proud of you, Little Flower." He purred, looking up from his paws. His face was beaming, eyes shining in appreciation. She'd set the bar high for his next apprentices. Granting that they didn't go missing, a commonality for them nowadays. As Honeypaw darted towards him, he noticed that she was aiming for his bunched legs. Allowing her to jump over him, he swung around and aimed a strong swipe at her side, trying to shove her away from him so that he could save his pelt and disarm her.

Star child
June 21st, 2020, 06:44 AM
Eagleflower hesitated before he responded seeing the reason in her reply. He had been overreacting a bit. Letting out a huff of relief, he nodded in agreement. "I guess so. Hey- I'm very proud of you, Little Flower." He purred, looking up from his paws. His face was beaming, eyes shining in appreciation. She'd set the bar high for his next apprentices. Granting that they didn't go missing, a commonality for them nowadays. As Honeypaw darted towards him, he noticed that she was aiming for his bunched legs. Allowing her to jump over him, he swung around and aimed a strong swipe at her side, trying to shove her away from him so that he could save his pelt and disarm her.

Honeypaw dropped down as Eagleflower hit her, then got back up quickly and aimed to knock him off balance by striking blows at his forepaws

Star child
June 21st, 2020, 06:52 AM
[ I think he did, when Bright tackled him at the start. ]

Brightwhisker made his moved first. The long legged tom leaping once again into the air to land a hit on his apprentice to knock them away.
As Harepaw scrabbled to his paws from being knocked away, he aimed to jump on Bright's back. /if he succeeded, he'd try to swat at Brightwhisker's head until he dropped the reeds.

Mango
June 21st, 2020, 01:21 PM
{I know that we didn't really have to do the full on assessment, but since we're almost done I think we might as well finish it. It can also boost Duckpaw up by some posts.}

Duckpaw waddled to the training island, and waited for Eveninglight to show up. The apprentice was a bit sad when Salmonsong said she couldn't do the battle part of the assessment with her, but she shrugged it off.

{ Zesty Mango }
Eveninglight arrived and smiled,” I’ll let you have the first move.” she meowed

Salmonsong settled down to watch her apprentice spar to see how she would do.

Spiderfrost
June 21st, 2020, 04:51 PM
As Harepaw scrabbled to his paws from being knocked away, he aimed to jump on Bright's back. /if he succeeded, he'd try to swat at Brightwhisker's head until he dropped the reeds.

Brightwhisker snatched the reeds that had been dropped as soon as his hit landed on his apprentice. He glanced towards where he thought to escape and hide the plants and lead Harepaw on a scavenger hunt.

However, true to Harepaw's name, the young tom had jumped high enough to clear his mentors height. The added weight on his back had the older tom grunting. He felt a paw bat at his head; flinching, his jaw clinched tighter around the reeds in his mouth. Then, widening his stance, the warrior attempted to shake Harepaw off.

Bread
June 21st, 2020, 08:13 PM
Eveninglight arrived and smiled,” I’ll let you have the first move.” she meowed

Salmonsong settled down to watch her apprentice spar to see how she would do.

Duckpaw nodded, then stepped back a few tail lengths. She started running as fast as she could towards Eveninglight, then jumping right into the air to hopefully land on the cat.

Star child
June 21st, 2020, 08:51 PM
Brightwhisker snatched the reeds that had been dropped as soon as his hit landed on his apprentice. He glanced towards where he thought to escape and hide the plants and lead Harepaw on a scavenger hunt.

However, true to Harepaw's name, the young tom had jumped high enough to clear his mentors height. The added weight on his back had the older tom grunting. He felt a paw bat at his head; flinching, his jaw clinched tighter around the reeds in his mouth. Then, widening his stance, the warrior attempted to shake Harepaw off.
Failing with his method of getting the reeds back, he tried to cling on to Brightwhisker as if he were about to fall out of a tree.

icepuddle
June 22nd, 2020, 02:54 AM
Icepuddle

she tapped her tail as she waited and watched her apprentice almond paw she sighed as she watched as kind as she was she was really strict . "you are doing it wrong. " she said her voice more stern then usual " how do you expect to fight with that stance .. its going to make it easy to knock you off your feet if you do that as a warrior "

Dovey
June 22nd, 2020, 03:06 AM
Icepuddle

she tapped her tail as she waited and watched her apprentice almond paw she sighed as she watched as kind as she was she was really strict . "you are doing it wrong. " she said her voice more stern then usual " how do you expect to fight with that stance .. its going to make it easy to knock you off your feet if you do that as a warrior "
(Wait-
One) mention me
Two) r we even doing something?)

icepuddle
June 22nd, 2020, 03:16 AM
(Wait-
One) mention me
Two) r we even doing something?) TeamMilkBot i asked you if you wanted to rp training and you agreed )

Spiderfrost
June 22nd, 2020, 08:09 AM
Failing with his method of getting the reeds back, he tried to cling on to Brightwhisker as if he were about to fall out of a tree.

Realizing this theft attempt failed, Brightwhisker spat the reeds out, his breath heavy from supporting Harepaw's weight. In another bid to get the calico unattached to his back, he reered up on his hind legs, betting on toppling backwards and on top of his apprentice.

Mango
June 22nd, 2020, 12:55 PM
Duckpaw nodded, then stepped back a few tail lengths. She started running as fast as she could towards Eveninglight, then jumping right into the air to hopefully land on the cat.
Eveninglight saw how long she was charging at her so she carefully stepped aside, just getting the side of her pelt caught by Duckpaw, she attempted to use her paw to hook Duckpaw’s feet to flip her.

Star child
June 22nd, 2020, 01:04 PM
Realizing this theft attempt failed, Brightwhisker spat the reeds out, his breath heavy from supporting Harepaw's weight. In another bid to get the calico unattached to his back, he reered up on his hind legs, betting on toppling backwards and on top of his apprentice.
Harepaw tried gasping for breath as he got smushed. He rolled over, and, seeing the reeds on the ground, attempted to snatch them.

Mango
June 22nd, 2020, 01:09 PM
Sparkling Flower

With the clan meeting over, Eveninglight had decided to take Skunkpaw out to see the borders, she’d first show her around the territory, on her way to the borders,” Thought I’d show you around the territory first. So you don’t get lost.“ she meowed. Part of her wanted to jump up and down in excitement, but she knew better than to do that actually.

Dovey
June 22nd, 2020, 01:34 PM
TeamMilkBot i asked you if you wanted to rp training and you agreed )
(BUT YOU SAID I WAS DOING SOMETHING WRONG!!! I WASN’T DOING ANYTHING!!!!)

Bread
June 22nd, 2020, 02:04 PM
Eveninglight saw how long she was charging at her so she carefully stepped aside, just getting the side of her pelt caught by Duckpaw, she attempted to use her paw to hook Duckpaw’s feet to flip her.

Duckpaw's eyes widened as she headed towards the ground. The apprentice tried to get up, but felt paws grabbing her legs back down. She turned around and tried to wiggle her way out of Eveninglight's grasp.

Mango
June 22nd, 2020, 02:06 PM
Duckpaw's eyes widened as she headed towards the ground. The apprentice tried to get up, but felt paws grabbing her legs back down. She turned around and tried to wiggle her way out of Eveninglight's grasp.
Eveninglight let her wiggle free and stepped back waiting for her to attack again.

Salmonsong gave a nod in approval at Duckpaw, curious to see what she’d do next.

Cave
June 22nd, 2020, 05:00 PM
wnder
Robinwing lead Sorrelpaw to the edge of the water just realizing the apprentice most likely didn't know how to swim. "I guess I'll have to teach you how to swim before we work on any hunting or combat." She mewed. She always remembered her training in a rush and it was hard for her to organize her thoughts. Today I'll just get her comfortable in the water, tomorrow, well we'll see. She thought of where they will be in a few moons, maybe she will be a great warrior due to my training, or maybe she would be terrible she worried.

duckie
June 22nd, 2020, 05:35 PM
Sorrelpaw

Sorrelpaw followed quietly, glancing around at the training island in order to try and take everything in. She would probably be here pretty often from now on, wouldn't she? Better than nothing. She was already a bit peeved with Robinwing not showing up to the ceremony but she would have the opportunity to make it up to Sorrel today.

"Alright." she replied curtly, padding past the warrior towards the river, "Just over here?"

[ Cave ]

Bread
June 22nd, 2020, 07:46 PM
Eveninglight let her wiggle free and stepped back waiting for her to attack again.

Salmonsong gave a nod in approval at Duckpaw, curious to see what she’d do next.

Duckpaw looked to the side and saw her mentors approval. She turned back to face Eveninglight. The apprentice wanted to incorporate more of the skills her mentor had taught her, so she was going to attempt to use a paw strike. Duckpaw lunged forwards and began to run. Once she was close enough to Eveninglight, she took her paw and aimed it at her face. She hoped that she wasn't quick enough to block it.

Mango
June 22nd, 2020, 10:11 PM
Duckpaw looked to the side and saw her mentors approval. She turned back to face Eveninglight. The apprentice wanted to incorporate more of the skills her mentor had taught her, so she was going to attempt to use a paw strike. Duckpaw lunged forwards and began to run. Once she was close enough to Eveninglight, she took her paw and aimed it at her face. She hoped that she wasn't quick enough to block it.
Eveninglight was about to step back, but failed to avoid the blow and stepped back in surprise.

Salmonsong smiled in happiness.

icepuddle
June 23rd, 2020, 12:51 AM
(BUT YOU SAID I WAS DOING SOMETHING WRONG!!! I WASN’T DOING ANYTHING!!!!)

(i was just trying to figure out a way to start training rp TeamMilkBot

Moon Lily
June 23rd, 2020, 04:52 AM
Honeypaw dropped down as Eagleflower hit her, then got back up quickly and aimed to knock him off balance by striking blows at his forepaws

Eagleflower grinned, noting how swiftly she executed her moves. Now, that was something a warrior needed. He was proud to train such an eager little gal, something he couldn't say just once. He himself could be swift, but only if he put in a strong amount of focus or if he was fighting for his life. The latter was usually the more common reason. But he'd have to be focused if he wanted his apprentice to pass her assessment. As a heavy blow struck his front leg, he staggered backwards, leaning over onto one side. Tilting himself carefully, he was able to regain his balance reasonably quickly and bunched his muscles to ready himself yet again. He ran just to the side of her, then circled and would move to attack her hind flank. He sprinted to ram his head into the soft muscle, aiming to topple her over.

Star child
June 23rd, 2020, 07:48 AM
Eagleflower grinned, noting how swiftly she executed her moves. Now, that was something a warrior needed. He was proud to train such an eager little gal, something he couldn't say just once. He himself could be swift, but only if he put in a strong amount of focus or if he was fighting for his life. The latter was usually the more common reason. But he'd have to be focused if he wanted his apprentice to pass her assessment. As a heavy blow struck his front leg, he staggered backwards, leaning over onto one side. Tilting himself carefully, he was able to regain his balance reasonably quickly and bunched his muscles to ready himself yet again. He ran just to the side of her, then circled and would move to attack her hind flank. He sprinted to ram his head into the soft muscle, aiming to topple her over.
Honeypaw fell as soon as Eagleflower hit her, but this time she didn't get up fast enough.

Dovey
June 23rd, 2020, 11:36 AM
TeamMilkBot i asked you if you wanted to rp training and you agreed )
🙄 YOU CAN’T SAY I DID SOMETHING! I SAY WHAT I DO!!!
And don’t quote me AND mention me. Only one or the other!)

Spiderfrost
June 23rd, 2020, 12:18 PM
Harepaw tried gasping for breath as he got smushed. He rolled over, and, seeing the reeds on the ground, attempted to snatch them.

Freed from his apprentices grasp the warrior leapt to his feed to dash back into cover, making a strategic retreat until he could find another opening.

Star child
June 23rd, 2020, 01:30 PM
Freed from his apprentices grasp the warrior leapt to his feed to dash back into cover, making a strategic retreat until he could find another opening.
Harepaw finally got up and picked up the reeds, wondering where Brightwhisker went and when he'd pop up again. He started walking back to camp again, as alert as he could be.

wren
June 23rd, 2020, 04:17 PM
He was beginning to feel less and less enthused about this entire training thing... losing hope that this would be what he hoped it was. He padded his way towards the training island glancing at the water that surrounded it. He couldn’t.. actually swim. His tail curled anxiously feeling the drive to just jump in and go for it. He was losing faith in Hailfang, he seemed nervous and skittish. He had to teach himself these things. “Coming?” He called over his shoulder. Stingpaw approches the water and gently taps a paw against its tense surface.

Shiverr.

S t a r
June 23rd, 2020, 04:20 PM
Hailfang nods and pads over to the water's edge, "What's wrong?" He tilts his head before walking into the water. He turns back to Stingpaw, confused as to why he didn't also enter the water.
wren

wren
June 23rd, 2020, 04:26 PM
Hailfang nods and pads over to the water's edge, "What's wrong?" He tilts his head before walking into the water. He turns back to Stingpaw, confused as to why he didn't also enter the water.
wren

“I can’t bloody swim” the tom said his tail curling as his mentor proudly charged through the water without giving him a second thought. Stingpaw wouldn’t let that stop him though, his mentor wanted to play dumb. So be it. He’ll teach himself. The dilute torbie marched into the water feeling it rise up his legs and soak his belly. It wasn’t deep but it wasn’t pleasant either. As the water crawled up it’s way to the base of his neck and swallowed his back he felt his breath strain. Finally it reached the point he couldn’t walk much further...

S t a r
June 23rd, 2020, 04:40 PM
“I can’t bloody swim” the tom said his tail curling as his mentor proudly charged through the water without giving him a second thought. Stingpaw wouldn’t let that stop him though, his mentor wanted to play dumb. So be it. He’ll teach himself. The dilute torbie marched into the water feeling it rise up his legs and soak his belly. It wasn’t deep but it wasn’t pleasant either. As the water crawled up it’s way to the base of his neck and swallowed his back he felt his breath strain. Finally it reached the point he couldn’t walk much further...

Hailfang quickly swims over to Stingpaw, "Woah, stop there. Too far, back up a bit." Hailfang is wading in front of Stingpaw, keeping the apprentice from moving forward. "You'll drown, I'll have to teach you." Hailfang seems to have changed in tone and personality. His tone is sharper and he seems a bit more strict, it's probably because Stingpaw could've been hurt in this situation.

icepuddle
June 23rd, 2020, 04:51 PM
TeamMilkBot ok i made a mistake... everyone makes them can you please calm down))

Dovey
June 23rd, 2020, 05:40 PM
TeamMilkBot ok i made a mistake... everyone makes them can you please calm down))
(.-. Oof sorry I wasn’t mad, I just used caps by mistake)

icepuddle
June 23rd, 2020, 07:55 PM
(.-. Oof sorry I wasn’t mad, I just used caps by mistake)
(dang it you worried me

Spiderfrost
June 23rd, 2020, 10:34 PM
Harepaw finally got up and picked up the reeds, wondering where Brightwhisker went and when he'd pop up again. He started walking back to camp again, as alert as he could be.

From his cover, Brightwhisker shook off the previous attack and smiled to himself as he went about following Harepaw yet again. He was impressed, and certainly happy with how quickly the tom had been able to keep him from running off with the reeds in question. He would have to think of another approach before they got too close to camp, and soon.

His mind played through different scenarios until he settled for one and changed course to get into position.

(I'm thinking once we have enough training game posts I'll have us continue to the actual camp to end the game and give Harepaw a passing grade and inform them he'll talk to Lionstar that Harepaw finished his training. That sound like a good idea?)

Star child
June 23rd, 2020, 11:24 PM
From his cover, Brightwhisker shook off the previous attack and smiled to himself as he went about following Harepaw yet again. He was impressed, and certainly happy with how quickly the tom had been able to keep him from running off with the reeds in question. He would have to think of another approach before they got too close to camp, and soon.

His mind played through different scenarios until he settled for one and changed course to get into position.

(I'm thinking once we have enough training game posts I'll have us continue to the actual camp to end the game and give Harepaw a passing grade and inform them he'll talk to Lionstar that Harepaw finished his training. That sound like a good idea?)
(Sure. ^^)
Harepaw still looked around warily. He guessed Brightwhisker would try to get him off guarded again, which wasn't going to happen easily.

Moon Lily
June 24th, 2020, 04:49 AM
Honeypaw fell as soon as Eagleflower hit her, but this time she didn't get up fast enough.

Eagleflower almost jumped for joy at his chance, feeling the familiar rush of adrenaline pounding in his head. The rush brought on a flurry of overwhelming emotions- nerves, excitement, confidence to name a few. No cat could help but feel the thrill of the fight at least during one moment, even the most peaceful ones. Green eyes narrowing carefully as he briefly debated his next move, he sprang over to Honeypaw, and would pin all four of her legs down triumphantly. Both pelts were scattered with dust from the training ground, his chest contracting rapidly as he huffed.
"Gotcha, flower."

Sweetie
June 24th, 2020, 04:57 AM
"Wow, I thought my mentor was a young and fit warrior, totally not a grumpy and old one." Sunpaw shot back at Goosefury who whined about his scars. Were they really that bad?"How are we supposed to fight if you're in pain and aching?"Didn't Lionstar mention something about another warrior helping out if his mentor needed help? The fiery tom couldn't quite recall what the golden leader said. Turning his ocean blue eyes Sunpaw wanted to frown at his mentor. "How fast can we get it done.." Seriously? Was this warrior for real? Sunpaw wanted to stay out here all day and learn much as he can! For once he was tired of being lazy and staying in camp all of the time. "I want to learn everything you can teach me. I want to stay out here all day and learn how to fight." Getting up from sitting and padding to face the warrior. "Soooooo?"

Slushie

Star child
June 24th, 2020, 05:10 AM
Eagleflower almost jumped for joy at his chance, feeling the familiar rush of adrenaline pounding in his head. The rush brought on a flurry of overwhelming emotions- nerves, excitement, confidence to name a few. No cat could help but feel the thrill of the fight at least during one moment, even the most peaceful ones. Green eyes narrowing carefully as he briefly debated his next move, he sprang over to Honeypaw, and would pin all four of her legs down triumphantly. Both pelts were scattered with dust from the training ground, his chest contracting rapidly as he huffed.
"Gotcha, flower."

"No!" Honeypaw pretended to yowl in a despairing voice, though getting worried while trying to get free. She tried heaving herself up. She couldn't have beaten that easily! Would she fail if she couldn't get up?

Dovey
June 24th, 2020, 11:43 AM
Elementals
Driftblaze walks in. “Let’s do some fighting.” He meows

Bread
June 24th, 2020, 12:10 PM
Eveninglight was about to step back, but failed to avoid the blow and stepped back in surprise.

Salmonsong smiled in happiness.

Duckpaw grinned as she was able to pack a punch. "Take that!" Duckpaw squealed while also stepping back. She had a good feeling about this, but didn't want to get her hopes too high up.

Mango
June 24th, 2020, 12:35 PM
Duckpaw grinned as she was able to pack a punch. "Take that!" Duckpaw squealed while also stepping back. She had a good feeling about this, but didn't want to get her hopes too high up.
Eveninglight kept moving back and force, keeping herself moving in hope to make it harder to throw a blow.

Bread
June 24th, 2020, 12:49 PM
Eveninglight kept moving back and force, keeping herself moving in hope to make it harder to throw a blow.

Duckpaw watched Eveninglight closely, waiting for any possible time she could make a move.

Mango
June 24th, 2020, 12:51 PM
Duckpaw watched Eveninglight closely, waiting for any possible time she could make a move.
Suddenly Eveninglight dove towards Duckpaw paws extended for Duckpaw’s chest.

Elementals
June 24th, 2020, 02:06 PM
Elementals
Driftblaze walks in. “Let’s do some fighting.” He meows

As Silentpaw saw his mentor finally arrive at the island, he felt relieved that Driftblaze had not forgotten about his training. Warming up his muscles so then he didn't have a high risk of injuring some part of his body, Silentpaw swished his tail once he was finished as a signal that he was ready to go up and training or mock battling.

"Alright then, what are we going to do today?" Silentpaw meowed curious about what today's session would bring as Silentpaw waited for Driftblaze to continue on with their agenda. He hoped it wouldn't be boring so then he didn't need to fall asleep.

Seeing Berrypaw and her mentor fight in the Dark Forest had given him a little bit of experience. Silentpaw was still wary of the mentor in the Dark Forest since they seemed intimidating with all their scars. He wondered if any of the cats he had seen lurking around had found him out yet. So far, it seemed as if no one had saw him. Shaking away the Dark Forest thoughts, Silentpaw snapped his attention back to Driftblaze so he wouldn't need to be embarrassed later about not paying any attention.

wren
June 24th, 2020, 05:11 PM
Hailfang quickly swims over to Stingpaw, "Woah, stop there. Too far, back up a bit." Hailfang is wading in front of Stingpaw, keeping the apprentice from moving forward. "You'll drown, I'll have to teach you." Hailfang seems to have changed in tone and personality. His tone is sharper and he seems a bit more strict, it's probably because Stingpaw could've been hurt in this situation.

Stingpaw snorted taking a few uneasy steps backwards. He wasn’t too keen on being reprimanded but he couldn’t argue. He probably would’ve drowned. He didn’t know how deep the water actually was. “Well come on than.. teach me”

Bread
June 24th, 2020, 06:36 PM
Suddenly Eveninglight dove towards Duckpaw paws extended for Duckpaw’s chest.

Duckpaw was caught in surprise as Eveninglight was coming straight at her. In panic, the apprentice backed up a bit, hoping that Evenlight's jump would be cut short an inch.

S t a r
June 24th, 2020, 07:15 PM
Stingpaw snorted taking a few uneasy steps backwards. He wasn’t too keen on being reprimanded but he couldn’t argue. He probably would’ve drowned. He didn’t know how deep the water actually was. “Well come on than.. teach me”

Hailfang narrows his eyes at Stingpaw, he was a bit snippy. But Hailfang knew he could work with that. "When you enter the water, kick your legs repeatedly. Then use your front paws to paddle. Like this." Hailfang backs up into the water and starts kicking his hind legs and paddling with his front paws. Since he had learned, this was easy for him. But it would take time to teach Stingpaw, he knew that.

Mango
June 24th, 2020, 09:11 PM
Duckpaw was caught in surprise as Eveninglight was coming straight at her. In panic, the apprentice backed up a bit, hoping that Evenlight's jump would be cut short an inch.
Eveninglight’s paws were coming short coming down towards Duckpaw’s head.

Bread
June 24th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Eveninglight’s paws were coming short coming down towards Duckpaw’s head.

As Duckpaw moved her head back a bit more, she saw Eveninglight miss her blow. Wow, I can't believe that worked,the apprentice thought before pausing, I still can't really believe that I'm doing this. Duckpaw waited for Eveninglight to get up before she would do another move. This gave her time to think and comprehend how the end result might turn out.

Mango
June 24th, 2020, 11:08 PM
As Duckpaw moved her head back a bit more, she saw Eveninglight miss her blow. Wow, I can't believe that worked,the apprentice thought before pausing, I still can't really believe that I'm doing this. Duckpaw waited for Eveninglight to get up before she would do another move. This gave her time to think and comprehend how the end result might turn out.
Eveninglight tried to get up quickly and rebrace herself better.

Spiderfrost
June 25th, 2020, 10:23 AM
(Sure. ^^)
Harepaw still looked around warily. He guessed Brightwhisker would try to get him off guarded again, which wasn't going to happen easily.

Brightwhisker found a pebble. It was just large enough to kick and go a fair distance and make a racket. It'd be distracting enough he would perhaps be able to get Harepaw from behind.

Taking aim with a back paw, the tom looked behind him to a clump of ferns and a tree. He kicked the pebble. It was just light enough to be kicked by a cat and heavy enough to smack against the tree before landing in the ferns with a clatter.

With that, the tom slinked off deeper into his cover behind his apprentice rather than beside or in front of.

Star child
June 25th, 2020, 11:20 AM
Brightwhisker found a pebble. It was just large enough to kick and go a fair distance and make a racket. It'd be distracting enough he would perhaps be able to get Harepaw from behind.

Taking aim with a back paw, the tom looked behind him to a clump of ferns and a tree. He kicked the pebble. It was just light enough to be kicked by a cat and heavy enough to smack against the tree before landing in the ferns with a clatter.

With that, the tom slinked off deeper into his cover behind his apprentice rather than beside or in front of.
Harepaw turned around to where he heard a pebble smack against something. He slunk to where the noise was. Maybe it was a piece of prey?

Bread
June 25th, 2020, 11:45 AM
Eveninglight tried to get up quickly and rebrace herself better.

Duckpaw took this all in, and she decided that she would make another blow. When Eveninglight got up, once again, Duckpaw attempted to swing her paw at her face. She hoped that Eveninglight would not be able to dodge this in time again.

furrensic
June 25th, 2020, 12:54 PM
[ Fuzzy // hope ]

Mister? Wow , polite. Listening to the apprentices chatter for a moment , he would speak up. “Alright , come on you two.” He said before padding towards the entrance of the camp , leading the two smaller felines into the training island. The island was a perfect place to sharpen your skills! Though , there was always the territory , but he didn't want any accidents to happen. Such as one of them falling into the river or something.
Turning to look at the two once they were in a decent , flat part of the area , Oakflame spoke up. “Alrighty!” He started. “I'd like this battle training to be relatively peaceful , so both of you make sure to keep your claws sheathed at all times. I don't want anyone to get hurt.” That would be a true tragedy and he would be the one to blame.

“I assume you both don't know much , so I'll try to keep these moves a bit simple. But that doesn't mean they won't get a bit harder later on.” The first part was mostly directed to Spiderpaw. But at least she would also get some experience from this. Mostly Petuniapaw , most likely. He shifted slightly. “Do either of you know the front paw strike?” He questioned. He was sure Spiderpaw knew front paws blow , and Petuniapaw probably did too so he could skip that. He wasn't all that sure about the strike though , so he felt the need to ask.

Mango
June 25th, 2020, 01:00 PM
Duckpaw took this all in, and she decided that she would make another blow. When Eveninglight got up, once again, Duckpaw attempted to swing her paw at her face. She hoped that Eveninglight would not be able to dodge this in time again.
Eveninglight failed to dodge the blow and was smacked to the side, but she didn’t keel over, she attempted to swat at Duckpaw halfheartedly.

Salmonsong gave a nod of approval.

wren
June 25th, 2020, 03:40 PM
Hailfang narrows his eyes at Stingpaw, he was a bit snippy. But Hailfang knew he could work with that. "When you enter the water, kick your legs repeatedly. Then use your front paws to paddle. Like this." Hailfang backs up into the water and starts kicking his hind legs and paddling with his front paws. Since he had learned, this was easy for him. But it would take time to teach Stingpaw, he knew that.

Stingpaw snorted in resentment. He liked the tone his mentor had picked up. Better than a wimpy roll over. Watching as Hailfang swam out into deeper water he took a breath and cocked his head back, pushing off the bank and kicking his legs wildly behind him. He somewhat sunk his face going under for only a moment before popping back up.

Bread
June 25th, 2020, 04:19 PM
Eveninglight failed to dodge the blow and was smacked to the side, but she didn’t keel over, she attempted to swat at Duckpaw halfheartedly.

Salmonsong gave a nod of approval.

Duckpaw grinned as she was able to successfully go through with the blow. Just as the apprentice was going to plan her next move, she was smacked by Eveninglight. Ouch, Duckpaw thought before reforming her stance.

Mango
June 25th, 2020, 04:40 PM
Duckpaw grinned as she was able to successfully go through with the blow. Just as the apprentice was going to plan her next move, she was smacked by Eveninglight. Ouch, Duckpaw thought before reforming her stance.
Eveninglight paused waiting for Duckpaw to make an attack for her.

panchiko
June 25th, 2020, 05:37 PM
// alan Fuzzy
"i'm comingggg," she murmured, quickly skipping alongside oakflame. "claws sheathed??? well, okayyy. my claws are already sheathed, no warning needed here! pfffftttt, not like i was going to forget to sheathe them or anything... silllliesss!! i wouldn't do thatttttt," spiderpaw responded, giving a ridiculous look. pfff. her claws were very sheathed. the most sheathed of the sheathed claws. "no one's getting hurt!! .....if petuniapaw doesn't try to kill me, of course. but petunia over here would never, right petunia?"

simple? spiderpaw wanted to start with all the difficult stuff, but if oakflame thought simple was best, she'd do simple. front paw strike? "you taught that to me, i think, right?? i just use my paw and go kaABLOOM," spiderpaw said, imitating her paw slashing down the air. that was.... pretty much all she knew. just the front paw blow and strike. wow, she'd been an apprentice for a while, and all she knew was that? pathetic.... but oh well! it wasn't her fault. this was going to help her learn some more stuff, though! and at least she knew how to hunt! without that hunting knowledge.. spiderpaw was sure she'd feel more useless.

Bread
June 25th, 2020, 07:29 PM
Eveninglight paused waiting for Duckpaw to make an attack for her.

Duckpaw was starting to run out of attack ideas, but she decided she would use one she saw some other apprentices doing once. This move was probably a slight risk, but she decided she would just do it. Without any hesitation or reconsideration, the apprentice layed on her back with her belly exposed. Right before Eveninglight would supposedly come for Duckpaw's weak spot, she would kick her legs at her and push her back.

S t a r
June 25th, 2020, 09:12 PM
Stingpaw snorted in resentment. He liked the tone his mentor had picked up. Better than a wimpy roll over. Watching as Hailfang swam out into deeper water he took a breath and cocked his head back, pushing off the bank and kicking his legs wildly behind him. He somewhat sunk his face going under for only a moment before popping back up.

"There we go, that's better. Try relaxing, it takes less energy." Hailfang wades nearby Stingpaw in case the apprentice started drowning. He ignored Stingpaw's snort, he'd sort all that out later. Right now, Hailfang had to keep his apprentice from drowning. He did note that Stingpaw kind of liked when Hailfang was a bit.. stricter. He'd have to get used to that then, he could do that. He always knew it was easier to be meaner than nicer.

Mango
June 25th, 2020, 09:54 PM
Duckpaw was starting to run out of attack ideas, but she decided she would use one she saw some other apprentices doing once. This move was probably a slight risk, but she decided she would just do it. Without any hesitation or reconsideration, the apprentice layed on her back with her belly exposed. Right before Eveninglight would supposedly come for Duckpaw's weak spot, she would kick her legs at her and push her back.
Eveninglight was confused as to her flipping on her back so she shot forward in attempt to pin her but was kicked in the face and knocked down in surprise.

wren
June 25th, 2020, 11:34 PM
"There we go, that's better. Try relaxing, it takes less energy." Hailfang wades nearby Stingpaw in case the apprentice started drowning. He ignored Stingpaw's snort, he'd sort all that out later. Right now, Hailfang had to keep his apprentice from drowning. He did note that Stingpaw kind of liked when Hailfang was a bit.. stricter. He'd have to get used to that then, he could do that. He always knew it was easier to be meaner than nicer.

“Like this?” He snorted paws paddling wildly while his tail streamed behind him predominantly. He was doing well enough despite being soaked and having got water in his nose

S t a r
June 25th, 2020, 11:36 PM
“Like this?” He snorted paws paddling wildly while his tail streamed behind him predominantly. He was doing well enough despite being soaked and having got water in his nose

"Yes, that's great. Now try lifting your head a bit more so you don't inhale more water." Hailfang decides to just ignore the snorts and focus on keeping the apprentice floating. The apprentice really was doing great, he just hoped the apprentice wouldn't get tired and drown.

Fuzzy
June 26th, 2020, 12:01 AM
alan hope

Petuniapaw laughed at the banter Spiderpaw put on. A pure joy filled laugh. This was already fun! "Oh yes!" She almost gasped. No, no, no. No one was getting hurt today! "I promise! I wouldn't dare hurt Spiderpaw! Or you Mister Oakflame!" Petuniapaw nodded watching Oakflame. That was exactly what she didn't want to happen. "Of course not! I wouldn't even think it!" The ginger and white patched tabby added to Spiderpaw. Who would think she would hurt a cat? Or try to kill her own Clanmate!? No, never! That was the very opposite of what she wanted to do. Learning to fight was so she could protect her Clan! Even if she faired better hunting...
At the next question her ears shot up. Front strike? Oh... she wasn't good with move names. What was that again. Her nose twitched a few times as she tried to remember what she knew. Was it when you just struck with your front paw? Or was it jabbing with you paws? Petuniapaw's question was answered by Spiderpaw before she had time to ponder it. "Oh! Yes! I know that!" She chirped. Was it Ms. Brambleblaze that taught her that or Mister Ms. Sassyfire? The bi colored tabby couldn't remember. But she knew it! "Its this!" She would move back away from her two Clanmates and strike her paw down. It was a simple move, kits probably knew it. Maybe she knew more then she thought.

Cave
June 26th, 2020, 02:24 PM
wnder (sorry for the late reply)

"uh, yeah." she mewed not sure why this cat was being so short with her. She knew there was a meeting when she was out of camp but she never thought that she would have been assigned an apprentice when she was out. [i]I'm really not ready to have an apprentice am I[/b] she wondered before putting her front paws in the water.

"So, first things first, when swimming don't panic. The water here is pretty shallow and it won't be hard to get to somewhere you can stand. Either way I can pull you to shore if things go bad for whatever reason." She said, taking a few more steps into the water. She hadn't gone on a swim in a while in fact she never really swam unless she needed too. "Basically all you have to do is keep your paws moving and your head above the water."

furrensic
June 26th, 2020, 03:38 PM
[ hope // Fuzzy ]

Ah. So they both knew the strike. How come he didn't remember teaching Spiderpaw that? His memory must be failing him. Well , he could teach them some other stuff now. Hrm...okay! Back kick it was! “Well , it's good that you both know that.” Oakflame hummed with a smile. “So we'll be learning what's called the back kick.” He said. He was never extremely skilled at the back kick , but he was decent at it he supposed. Looking at the two apprentices , he continued on. “This move can be a bit difficult if you aren't able to judge your opponents distance from you. But anyway! Your opponent will be behind you , and you have to calculate how far the distance from you and your opponent is. Once you've done that and are close enough you lash out your back legs and put all of your weight on your front paws.” He explained. Wow. That sounded a bit difficult when he explained it all at once. Demonstration time! “So...like this.” He said , shifting slightly so he wasn't close to Petuniapaw or Spiderpaw. He didn't want to accidentally kick them. Turning around , he leaned on his front paws a bit and suddenly kicked his hind legs outwards harshly. After doing so he turned around to face them again.“Now which one of you wants to try it first? If you mess up , we'll keep practicing before moving onto something else.”

Bread
June 26th, 2020, 04:09 PM
Eveninglight was confused as to her flipping on her back so she shot forward in attempt to pin her but was kicked in the face and knocked down in surprise.

Duckpaw gave a big grin, she was happy that it worked. It was a bit challenging for herself but she was proud for going through with the move. The apprentice was starting to get tired though, and hoped that this would be over soon.

Mango
June 26th, 2020, 04:10 PM
Duckpaw gave a big grin, she was happy that it worked. It was a bit challenging for herself but she was proud for going through with the move. The apprentice was starting to get tired though, and hoped that this would be over soon.
(How many more posts do you need)
Eveninglight was running out of moves to do, so she was circling Duckpaw silently.

Bread
June 26th, 2020, 04:20 PM
(How many more posts do you need)
Eveninglight was running out of moves to do, so she was circling Duckpaw silently.

{ Only 2 more posts (not including this one.) }

Duckpaw was a bit confused as to what Eveninglight was doing, so she slowly and carefully and slowly tried to get out of the circle, afraid that she was going to make a move on her.

Dovey
June 26th, 2020, 04:50 PM
Elementals
“Today I’ll show you teh bellyrake.” Driftblaze nodded. He demstrats the move. “Did you get that?” Driftblaze asks

Mango
June 26th, 2020, 04:58 PM
{ Only 2 more posts (not including this one.) }

Duckpaw was a bit confused as to what Eveninglight was doing, so she slowly and carefully and slowly tried to get out of the circle, afraid that she was going to make a move on her.
Eveninglight was planning to target her the second she attempted to get out any further.

Bread
June 26th, 2020, 05:02 PM
Eveninglight was planning to target her the second she attempted to get out any further.

Duckpaw saw that Eveninglight was a bit more focused every time she stepped further out of the circle. The apprentice stepped back one more time and she was out of the circle. She didn't know what was going to happen, but she hoped it wasn't going to be bad.

Mango
June 26th, 2020, 05:10 PM
Duckpaw saw that Eveninglight was a bit more focused every time she stepped further out of the circle. The apprentice stepped back one more time and she was out of the circle. She didn't know what was going to happen, but she hoped it wasn't going to be bad.
Eveninglight attempted to dive for Duckpaw.

Elementals
June 26th, 2020, 05:13 PM
Elementals
“Today I’ll show you teh bellyrake.” Driftblaze nodded. He demstrats the move. “Did you get that?” Driftblaze asks

~Silentpaw~

Silentpaw watched his mentor demonstrate and nodded his head. He pretended that there was a cat and he ran to slide and rake the air. Once he was done, he swung his leg to be on his paws. "Wwwas that ookay?" Silentpaw asked.

Dovey
June 26th, 2020, 05:57 PM
~Silentpaw~

Silentpaw watched his mentor demonstrate and nodded his head. He pretended that there was a cat and he ran to slide and rake the air. Once he was done, he swung his leg to be on his paws. "Wwwas that ookay?" Silentpaw asked.
“Good!” He said. “Try and be a bit faster.” He nodded

Elementals
June 26th, 2020, 06:03 PM
“Good!” He said. “Try and be a bit faster.” He nodded
~Silentpaw~

Silentpaw smiled at the praise and braced to do it faster. This time, he put a little more momentum into his slid but not so much that it would be out of control. Once under the belly of the invisible warrior, he sliced the belly and raked them again with his leg paw so then he could get back onto his toes. Silentpaw looked at his mentor to see if Driftblaze wanted it the way he just demonstrated.

Bread
June 26th, 2020, 06:04 PM
Eveninglight attempted to dive for Duckpaw.

Duckpaw screeched as she saw Eveninglight coming towards her. In panic, the apprentice forgot to move and was trampled on by Eveninglight.

Mango
June 26th, 2020, 06:14 PM
Duckpaw screeched as she saw Eveninglight coming towards her. In panic, the apprentice forgot to move and was trampled on by Eveninglight.
Eveninglight gave a yowl of triumph as she tried to pin Duckpaw

Salmonsong gave a yowl,” Enough. That was well done, Duckpaw.” she meowed.

panchiko
June 26th, 2020, 08:17 PM
// alan Fuzzy
"yeah!" she commented. it was good they both knew it! spiderpaw wiggled her nonexistent eyebrows questioningly. back kick? was she supposed to kick their back, or kick them back, or??? she watched curiously as oakflame demonstrated the move. oooooohhhhhh. kick them from the back. that made so much more sense. "that's,.... that's a lot of words. and a lot of steps... do i just put all my weight on my front paws and kick back??? or ??? whhaaaa?? i... i don't get it, oakyyyy!!" she murmured, trying to figure it out with visible confusion. "petuniapaw can do it first!" she chirped, volunteering her new friend and attempting to push her in front so that petuniapaw had to do the move first. spiderpaw wasn't confident enough to try it out first. maybe petuniapaw understood the instructions better than her? "yeah! petuniapaw, you'd love to go first, right?? i bet you'd be great at it!! go on!!! i believe in you! you can do it!" she exclaimed, trying to motivate her fellow apprentice into going first so that spiderpaw didn't have to. of course, spiderpaw did believe in petuniapaw... but spiderpaw was also laying the motivation on kind of thick, in her opinion.

Bread
June 26th, 2020, 09:35 PM
Eveninglight gave a yowl of triumph as she tried to pin Duckpaw

Salmonsong gave a yowl,” Enough. That was well done, Duckpaw.” she meowed.

Duckpaw grunted as she was squished by Eveninglight. Although the apprentice didn't win or anything, she did pull off some rad moves. Duckpaw turned to Salmonsong to ask, "What were all these tests for?"

Mango
June 26th, 2020, 10:02 PM
Duckpaw grunted as she was squished by Eveninglight. Although the apprentice didn't win or anything, she did pull off some rad moves. Duckpaw turned to Salmonsong to ask, "What were all these tests for?"
Eveninglight got off Duckpaw.

Salmonsong smiled,”Just wanted to see where you were in training so far. We’ll take a day or two off, this probably wore you out pretty bad.“ she meowed

Moon Lily
June 27th, 2020, 05:10 AM
"No!" Honeypaw pretended to yowl in a despairing voice, though getting worried while trying to get free. She tried heaving herself up. She couldn't have beaten that easily! Would she fail if she couldn't get up?

Eagleflower gave a short chuckle, then stepped away from her protesting figure. At least she wasn't making a fuss, which was always important. Prodding her gently, he made a gesture at the position of the sun with his tail. It was nearing sunhigh already, which meant they couldn't spend all day doing the battle element of her assessment. Giving Honeypaw time to stand up, he grinned then nodded to the gently rushing waters of the river beside them. "You up for fishing and swimming?"

Star child
June 27th, 2020, 05:16 AM
Eagleflower gave a short chuckle, then stepped away from her protesting figure. At least she wasn't making a fuss, which was always important. Prodding her gently, he made a gesture at the position of the sun with his tail. It was nearing sunhigh already, which meant they couldn't spend all day doing the battle element of her assessment. Giving Honeypaw time to stand up, he grinned then nodded to the gently rushing waters of the river beside them. "You up for fishing and swimming?"

"Sure," Honeypaw smiled. "Sure," she hopedthat this meant she wouldn't fail.

Moon Lily
June 27th, 2020, 05:31 AM
"Sure," Honeypaw smiled. "Sure," she hopedthat this meant she wouldn't fail.

Eagleflower grinned back. At least Honeypaw was smiling, which seemed like a good enough sign to him. And she should be proud of herself- she put up quite the fight! And it wasn't her fault that he'd pinned her down. He'd trained with her for moons so it was understandable that he could predict her moves. Approaching the water's edge, he shuddered.
"Okay! Show me those fishing skills, and then we'll go for a swim."

Star child
June 27th, 2020, 05:58 AM
Eagleflower grinned back. At least Honeypaw was smiling, which seemed like a good enough sign to him. And she should be proud of herself- she put up quite the fight! And it wasn't her fault that he'd pinned her down. He'd trained with her for moons so it was understandable that he could predict her moves. Approaching the water's edge, he shuddered.
"Okay! Show me those fishing skills, and then we'll go for a swim."

"Okay!" She crouched down, making sure her shadow didn't touch the water, cupping her paw.

duckie
June 27th, 2020, 08:30 AM
wnder (sorry for the late reply)

"uh, yeah." she mewed not sure why this cat was being so short with her. She knew there was a meeting when she was out of camp but she never thought that she would have been assigned an apprentice when she was out. I'm really not ready to have an apprentice am I she wondered before putting her front paws in the water.

"So, first things first, when swimming don't panic. The water here is pretty shallow and it won't be hard to get to somewhere you can stand. Either way I can pull you to shore if things go bad for whatever reason." She said, taking a few more steps into the water. She hadn't gone on a swim in a while in fact she never really swam unless she needed too. "Basically all you have to do is keep your paws moving and your head above the water."

Sorrelpaw

"Got it." she replied, already wading into the water while Robin continued to talk. Sorrelpaw walked around in the shallows for a while to get used to the weight the water exerted on her body before she moved out to deeper water and practicing paddling, "This isn't that hard." she remarked. Her fluffier fur trapped the water and weighed her down which was annoyed but she could definitely get used to it in time.

Dovey
June 27th, 2020, 11:31 AM
~Silentpaw~

Silentpaw smiled at the praise and braced to do it faster. This time, he put a little more momentum into his slid but not so much that it would be out of control. Once under the belly of the invisible warrior, he sliced the belly and raked them again with his leg paw so then he could get back onto his toes. Silentpaw looked at his mentor to see if Driftblaze wanted it the way he just demonstrated.
“Very good!” He said

Cave
June 27th, 2020, 02:29 PM
wnder

"Yeah, I never found swimming to be too hard, unless your trying to swim upstream after a big rain. Once we get this down we can start hunting, then do training. I wonder if we could go on a hunting patrol soon. Her mind wandered before she brought it back ti reality. She slipped deeper into the water till it covered her shoulders, Giving a slight shiver as the cold water seeped down to her skin.

Elementals
June 27th, 2020, 06:48 PM
“Very good!” He said
~Silentpaw~

Silentpaw beamed at his mentor shyly as they praised him on how he did the belly rake. Feeling like he could at least have a form of defense whenever something would happen, Silentpaw felt a surge of power. But there was one thing he would like to confirm. “Mm, Mr.Driftblaze? Is it true that you could use a hunter’s crouch and spring at your opponent as a battle move?”

Moon Lily
June 28th, 2020, 04:58 AM
"Okay!" She crouched down, making sure her shadow didn't touch the water, cupping her paw.

Eagleflower watched attentively as Honeypaw glanced around for her prey, gaze dropping to her precisely cupped paw. It was amazing how she'd learnt to do this even with a fluff-brained doof like himself as a mentor. And one that didn't swim, hated water, and didn't love fish at that. Green gaze glittering as he spotted several candidates swim by, his orbs flicked off to his apprentice, wondering which one she'd pick. All of them would feed a cat or two, so there really wasn't any judgement there.

Star child
June 28th, 2020, 06:07 AM
Eagleflower watched attentively as Honeypaw glanced around for her prey, gaze dropping to her precisely cupped paw. It was amazing how she'd learnt to do this even with a fluff-brained doof like himself as a mentor. And one that didn't swim, hated water, and didn't love fish at that. Green gaze glittering as he spotted several candidates swim by, his orbs flicked off to his apprentice, wondering which one she'd pick. All of them would feed a cat or two, so there really wasn't any judgement there.

Honeypaw's eyes laid on one that was a tiny bit bigger than the others, hoping it'd come to her side of the pond. It slowly made its way around to her side, and she wondered if she wasn't close enough to strike.

duckie
June 28th, 2020, 09:16 AM
Sorrelpaw

She continued to paddle around for a while, getting used to the motion before moving out into slightly deeper water. It wasn't long before she got bored though, and found herself wanting for something more interesting to do. Without warning, Sorrelpaw took a deep breath and dove down to the riverbed. She watched tiny fish dart away but it wasn't long before her lungs began to burn and she had to frantically kick back up to the surface gasping for air. She waded back to shore and shook out her fur - though it would take much more for her to fully dry out - and turned to watch Robinwing, "Isn't there something else we can do?"

[ Cave ]

Dovey
June 28th, 2020, 08:00 PM
~Silentpaw~

Silentpaw beamed at his mentor shyly as they praised him on how he did the belly rake. Feeling like he could at least have a form of defense whenever something would happen, Silentpaw felt a surge of power. But there was one thing he would like to confirm. “Mm, Mr.Driftblaze? Is it true that you could use a hunter’s crouch and spring at your opponent as a battle move?”

“Yes..” Driftblaze nodded

Elementals
June 28th, 2020, 08:08 PM
“Yes..” Driftblaze nodded
~Silentpaw~
“Wow, so I was correct!” Silentpaw exclaimed softly with pride, “Is there any more battle moves I can learn. Oh wait, are you busy?”

Dovey
June 28th, 2020, 09:04 PM
~Silentpaw~
“Wow, so I was correct!” Silentpaw exclaimed softly with pride, “Is there any more battle moves I can learn. Oh wait, are you busy?”
“Well- We should get going back but I can do one more I guess!” He smiled. Silentpaw am was going to make a good warrior

Elementals
June 28th, 2020, 09:10 PM
“Well- We should get going back but I can do one more I guess!” He smiled. Silentpaw am was going to make a good warrior
~Silentpaw~

Silentpaw gave a leap of joy and settled down to listen to his mentor. After he had attended the gathering, Blackpaw had made him motivated to learn some moves to defend himself. Thankfully he had cats in his life like his mentor, Berryscorch, and Blackpaw.

Dovey
June 28th, 2020, 09:13 PM
~Silentpaw~

Silentpaw gave a leap of joy and settled down to listen to his mentor. After he had attended the gathering, Blackpaw had made him motivated to learn some moves to defend himself. Thankfully he had cats in his life like his mentor, Berryscorch, and Blackpaw.
(Uhhhhh His mentor Berryscorch?))

Elementals
June 28th, 2020, 09:15 PM
(Uhhhhh His mentor Berryscorch?))
(Nooo, his friend is Berryscorch)

Dovey
June 28th, 2020, 09:17 PM
(Nooo, his friend is Berryscorch)
OoooOooo)

Elementals
June 28th, 2020, 09:51 PM
OoooOooo)
(Yep, he befriended her in exchange for helping her out since she was the first nice cat to approach him.)

Moon Lily
June 29th, 2020, 04:53 AM
Honeypaw's eyes laid on one that was a tiny bit bigger than the others, hoping it'd come to her side of the pond. It slowly made its way around to her side, and she wondered if she wasn't close enough to strike.

Eagleflower felt his eyes watch attentively, forcing himself not to look away. He didn't want to be the one mentor who didn't pay attention to what his apprentice was doing. Honeypaw seemed to know her stuff, as could be seen when he traced her gaze back to a rather large looking trout. It seemed relatively close, and it was definitely possible to catch at this length. Now, to see if she'll go for it... He felt his hackles rise in anticipation, green orbs lighting up with interest.

Fuzzy
June 29th, 2020, 12:21 PM
alan hope
[Apologies for the delay!]

Petuniapaw smiled. They both knew it! Honestly she figured that they would both know it. Spiderpaw seemed cool, fun and smart. Plus, Mister Oakflame was pretty cool too! Sassyfire would probably have fun here to. They could have fun right? Of course they could! She had gotten them to laugh once.
As Oakflame spoke again her ears shot up. Back kick? Sounded like you'd just kick backwards again. Oh that sounded, difficult but fun. With Spiderpaw's burst of words Petuniapaw blinked. That was a lot to take in... Yet! She was volunteered to go first? Oh, okay! She could do that. "Oh, Yes! I can go first! Um.. I might not get it right though!" The patched tabby exclaimed looking between the two. "But Spiderpaw! I'm sure you will do great too! If not better! I'm not to good at battle training." Petuniapaw added to her new friend. Yes, she would do great!
Her whiskers twitch a few times as she stepped away from her clanmates. Okay, put all your weight on your front paws and kick back. Simple? She mused trying to restore herself. "Okay I'm gonna try it..." Petuniapaw nodded partly talking to herself. Shifting her paws a bit the apprentice kicked her back legs back. Success! However, her aim was a little off and the ginger and white molly tumbled forward, faceplanting into the sand. Or not...
Bouncing up she would spit the sand from her mouth and shack out her for. "I'm okay!" She exclaimed once she did. It was best to let them know she was fine first! But it was still embracing.

Star child
June 29th, 2020, 12:22 PM
Eagleflower felt his eyes watch attentively, forcing himself not to look away. He didn't want to be the one mentor who didn't pay attention to what his apprentice was doing. Honeypaw seemed to know her stuff, as could be seen when he traced her gaze back to a rather large looking trout. It seemed relatively close, and it was definitely possible to catch at this length. Now, to see if she'll go for it... He felt his hackles rise in anticipation, green orbs lighting up with interest.
Honeypaw waited for another heartbeat, then striked. she pulled it out as quickly as she could, and bit its neck to finish it off. She picked it up, looking at Eagleflower.

Moon Lily
June 30th, 2020, 05:07 AM
Honeypaw waited for another heartbeat, then striked. she pulled it out as quickly as she could, and bit its neck to finish it off. She picked it up, looking at Eagleflower.

Eagleflower purred in pleasure as Honeypaw plucked the large, floppy thing out of the water with little effort, as easily as he could climb a tree. Letting his anticipation flow out in a long exhale, he got to his feet in a swift movement, one that cost him momentary loss of his balance. Once he was able to steady himself, she grinned at the she-cat, dipping his head in her direction.
"Good work! Leave that on the shore, I'll guard it. Jump on in and show off your swimming skills." He praised, still in awe of the natural Riverclan swiftness and comfort around water.

furrensic
June 30th, 2020, 05:18 AM
[ Fuzzy // hope ]

“You did good! Your aim is just a bit-” Oakflame cut himself off once Petuniapaw's face met with the ground. His jaw dropped and he almost scurried over to see if she was fine until she said she was okay. Thank Starclan! He didn't know what he would've done if she ended up getting injured because she was doing some battle move. “As I said , you did good. Your aim was just off and it made you fall.” He explained with an approving nod. They just needed to practice on that a bit and everything should be okay. His eyes went over to Spiderpaw. It was her turn now and she wouldn't be able to escape it. “Why don't you try now , Spiderpaw? Once I see how well you do , I'll decide if you both need to practice on it or not.” He said.

panchiko
June 30th, 2020, 11:43 AM
// alan Fuzzy the dark-furred apprentice smiled at petuniapaw when she agreed to go first instead of her, and began beaming wider after all of petuniapaw's words of encouragement. were they words of encouragement? or was it, like, motivational words? inspirational words? spiderpaw had no idea. they all seemed the same to her. all she knew was petunia over here was sweet. she was glad they'd met!

watching with a bit of confused horror, spiderpaw saw petuniapaw go down. oop, a, ee, that's gotta hurt.. she thought, making expressions to match her thoughts while she watched her fellow apprentice fall and faceplant into the floor. "you're okay? you're okay!! okay!" spiderpaw replied as she rushed over to where oakflame and petuniapaw were. while oakflame had run on over a little bit earlier, spiderpaw had been stuck where she'd been standing, watching with intense interest. "hrmm... my turn? uh.. ee.. ack.. well, y'see..." she started, trying to think of an excuse. what if she made a fool of herself?? she didn't understand the instructions, and petuniapaw's example ..... wasn't the most helpful.

"y'know what? sure! i'll go for it!! nothing can stop me nowww!!" she chirped enthusiastically, jumping a little bit to squeeze out her nerves. "yeah, pfff.. i totally got this.. right you guys?? uh. let's see here,,,," she murmured, tentatively putting up one hind leg, putting it back, putting up the other hind leg, and putting it back, as if testing that her hind legs would be properly working. readying herself, spiderpaw measured the distance, taking a whole 3 minutes before she decided she'd calculated it right.

with one sentence of "here i gooooo," spiderpaw jumped. huh? wait, did she do it right? hesitantly, she jumped again. and again. "why... why does it feel so weird??" she muttured, jumping once more. "oH. WAIT. I....... I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO USE MY FRONT PAWS, AM I???" spiderpaw commented, the realization hitting her much too late. flickering her ear, the bengal apprentice readied herself once more before pouncing. and pouncing again. and pouncing another time. why wasn't it working this time? examining what she was doing, she realized that this time she was only using her front paws. "goodness!!! whY are my paWS so uncooPERATIVE todayyyy," she whispered loudly to herself, shaking her front paws. "okay, okay, this time i'm going to do it right, you guys!! ahm... just, give me a moment.... third time's the charm, right?"

taking a deep breath, spiderpaw kicked out her hind legs correctly, putting all of her weight onto her front paws as she lashed out in a back kick. before she knew it, her front paws had buckled beneath her from all of the pressure she had been putting on them, and spiderpaw fell straight onto her belly, letting out a large groannn as she felt the air knocked out of her.

third time was not the charm.

Star child
June 30th, 2020, 12:10 PM
Eagleflower purred in pleasure as Honeypaw plucked the large, floppy thing out of the water with little effort, as easily as he could climb a tree. Letting his anticipation flow out in a long exhale, he got to his feet in a swift movement, one that cost him momentary loss of his balance. Once he was able to steady himself, she grinned at the she-cat, dipping his head in her direction.
"Good work! Leave that on the shore, I'll guard it. Jump on in and show off your swimming skills." He praised, still in awe of the natural Riverclan swiftness and comfort around water.

"Okay," she looked at the water and literally jumped in- he told her to- and swam as best as she could.

Fuzzy
June 30th, 2020, 02:51 PM
alan hope

Petuniapaw felt embarrassed at best. Hearing that Mister Oakflame was starting to praise her and then he stopped. And they both rushed over to her! She was okay though! Not hurt at all! Well... she would have a bruise on her face for a while... but that was it! She was perfectly fine, just off balance, embarrassed and bruised up. Nothing that time wouldn't fix. She had time right? "Yeah, I'm okay!" Petuniapaw assured Spiderpaw offering a smile to the other apprentice. She could just try again after Spiderpaw's turn.
Her amber eyes flickered over to the warrior as he explained why she had fell. Aim? Was she supposed to be aiming at something? "Oh! That makes sense! I'll do better next time!" She promised him. Now that she knew what was wrong with her she could fix it! Or she hoped. There wasn't guarantees that she could fix her problems. But that was for another time! It was Spiderpaw's turn!
Shacking the remanding sand from her pelt Petuniapaw moved to watch her friend. "You can do it Spiderpaw!" She cheered. Petunia was sure that the tabby would be able to pull it off. If not, well they would both have to work on it. Together!
As Spiderpaw started all her calculations and tests the ginger and white molly was quiet. Patiently waiting for her to try the move. She must have it all planned out so well. Petuniapaw thought. She knew Spiderpaw was thinking this through more then she had! However, once she started kicking all four legs she was puzzled. Was that how she was supposed to do it? Had she messed up so bad that Mister Oakflame wasn't even going to correct her? Wait. That wasn't what the tom had shown them! Was it?
With all the hopping and kicking Petuniapaw just watched, head tilted to the side to take it all in. Nose and whiskers twitching as she did. Maybe Spiderpaw was making up new moves? Nope! She figured out she was doing it wrong... "Don't worry you've got this!" Petuniapaw called over, hoping to give some encouragement. It might have worked! She did it! ….or not. The bi colored tabby flinched as Spiderpaw hit the, taking in a sharp breath as she did. "Are you alright!?" Petuniapaw asked jumping up and racing over to lend a paw. "That was really close! Right Mister Oakflame?" She asked turning to her friends mentor briefly before offering her paw to the tabby on the ground. "We just got to learn not to fall on our faces and we'll be closer to figuring it out!" Petuniapaw chirped trying to look at the positives. Was it bad that she felt less embarrassed knowing she wasn't the only one who couldn't get the move? Probably.... But if they were both okay all they had to do was try and try again! One day they would get it!

dino.
June 30th, 2020, 07:05 PM
[ Shimm ]

----Goosefury----

Goosefury scowled. Every time this cat opened his mouth, he just pushed more of Goosefury's buttons. The scarred tom couldn't stop from curling his lip in a disgusted sneer as Sunpaw rattled on and on. "I'm hardly older than you," he growled, "so don't belittle me like this. If you'd just had your pelt ripped to shreds by ShadowClan and an eye clawed right out of your head, you'd be in a world of hurt too." Who did this guy think he was? "But, fine. If you want to fight, so be it."
And then he suddenly launched himself across the sand toward Sunpaw, paws outstretched to knock the younger tom forcefully into the ground.

Moon Lily
July 1st, 2020, 04:53 AM
"Okay," she looked at the water and literally jumped in- he told her to- and swam as best as she could.

Eagleflower gazed at the crystal-clear water, a lighter blue than the roaring waves that consumed the Lionsbeach. He sat down hesitantly, wondering briefly whether or not he should join in. Likely not, as he was a terrible swimmer and would mess up any stroke Honeypaw was trying to make. He could see fine from here anyway. Squinting his eyes through the intense sun, he observed her careful strokes.

Star child
July 1st, 2020, 09:10 AM
Eagleflower gazed at the crystal-clear water, a lighter blue than the roaring waves that consumed the Lionsbeach. He sat down hesitantly, wondering briefly whether or not he should join in. Likely not, as he was a terrible swimmer and would mess up any stroke Honeypaw was trying to make. He could see fine from here anyway. Squinting his eyes through the intense sun, he observed her careful strokes.

"So...what exactly am I supposed to do?" Honeypaw steered around to look at Eagleflower.

Spiderfrost
July 1st, 2020, 09:29 PM
Harepaw turned around to where he heard a pebble smack against something. He slunk to where the noise was. Maybe it was a piece of prey?

His apprentice thoroughly distracted, the silent tom stalked behind Harepaw and aimed a strong swipe at his back legs, planning to knock him over.

Moon Lily
July 2nd, 2020, 05:32 AM
"So...what exactly am I supposed to do?" Honeypaw steered around to look at Eagleflower.

Eagleflower hesitated momentarily, lost for words. He honestly did not know what the she-cat had to do. Not for the life of him. But it was worth a shot in the dark. It wasn't like some extra swimming would diminish her assessment. A sheepish grin crawling up his face, he shrugged, nodding to the clear blue splashes of liquid spraying in bits at him.
"Um...I don't know. But I'd say just try and do a few fancy tricks, that should be fine. This is the second to last assessment, and I'm a trash swimmer, so you'll be fine!" He encouraged, tail swishing behind him.

[I heard you're leaving! Would you like to wrap up or put this on hold? She could always become a warrior beforehand.]

duckie
July 6th, 2020, 07:28 AM
Sorrelpaw

She continued to paddle around for a while, getting used to the motion before moving out into slightly deeper water. It wasn't long before she got bored though, and found herself wanting for something more interesting to do. Without warning, Sorrelpaw took a deep breath and dove down to the riverbed. She watched tiny fish dart away but it wasn't long before her lungs began to burn and she had to frantically kick back up to the surface gasping for air. She waded back to shore and shook out her fur - though it would take much more for her to fully dry out - and turned to watch Robinwing, "Isn't there something else we can do?"

[ Cave Small bump on this ]

Cave
July 7th, 2020, 02:07 PM
@wnder

Robinwing looked a bit taken aback, surprised how fast she caught on to swimming. I guess it makes sense, we are in Riverclan and she doesn't have any fears of the water.

"well I guess you have a handle on that, do you want to try some fighting practice?" she suggested in hopes of trying to satisfy the apprentices need for entertainment.

skreelyshark
July 9th, 2020, 12:32 PM
StealthWarrior

"Ready for some battle training?" Reedwhisker asked his apprentice eagerly. "Splashfury can help out after we've sorted out the basics."

StealthWarrior
July 9th, 2020, 12:38 PM
"Yes!" Stealthpaw responded, her tail twitching in anticipation, "What first?" esa

skreelyshark
July 9th, 2020, 12:40 PM
StealthWarrior
"Let's practise some basic techniques." Reedwhisker tried to be confident but he knew he was far better at hunting than fighting. "Uh... the paw swipe, yes! Practise extending your paw and batting me. But keep your claws sheathed because this is practice."

StealthWarrior
July 9th, 2020, 01:56 PM
"Alright!" Stealthpaw narrowed her eyes and tried to focus on the move. "Like this?" she asked while attempting to do the move Reedwhisker explained, hoping to hit him.
esa

Mango
July 9th, 2020, 02:24 PM
Elementals

Salmonsong glanced at Silentpaw, who she’d offered to take swimming,” So this isn’t the best place to learn to swim, but I didn’t want to disturb Thunderclan. Do you know how to swim yet?“ she asked

Elementals
July 9th, 2020, 02:30 PM
Elementals

Salmonsong glanced at Silentpaw, who she’d offered to take swimming,” So this isn’t the best place to learn to swim, but I didn’t want to disturb Thunderclan. Do you know how to swim yet?“ she asked
~Silentpaw
A bit nervous around an acquaintance, Silentpaw followed Salmonsong. “II ffairly know a bit on how to sswim to ssurvive bbut II didn’t be much lessons for sswimming.. Tthank yyou ffor offering tto hhelp mme Miss. Salmonsong.” Silentpaw stuttered and was very close to smacking himself for stuttering.

Mango
July 9th, 2020, 02:36 PM
~Silentpaw
A bit nervous around an acquaintance, Silentpaw followed Salmonsong. “II ffairly know a bit on how to sswim to ssurvive bbut II didn’t be much lessons for sswimming.. Tthank yyou ffor offering tto hhelp mme Miss. Salmonsong.” Silentpaw stuttered and was very close to smacking himself for stuttering.
Salmonsong didn’t mind the stuttering,” Why don’t we head in the water to start off with.“ she meowed padding into the water waiting for Silentpaw to join her so she could begin the instruction. She missed training Duckbounce already.

Elementals
July 9th, 2020, 02:39 PM
Salmonsong didn’t mind the stuttering,” Why don’t we head in the water to start off with.“ she meowed padding into the water waiting for Silentpaw to join her so she could begin the instruction. She missed training Duckbounce already.
~Silentpaw~
Silentpaw nodded to Salmonsong and complied to their instructions. Crouching at the bank ready to dive in, Silentpaw aimed to not splash Salmonsong. Diving into the water, Silentpaw swam near by Salmonsong’s side.

Mango
July 9th, 2020, 02:40 PM
~Silentpaw~
Silentpaw nodded to Salmonsong and complied to their instructions. Crouching at the bank ready to dive in, Silentpaw aimed to not splash Salmonsong. Diving into the water, Silentpaw swam near by Salmonsong’s side.
Salmonsong saw that Silentpaw wasn’t splashing too much, which was good for the dive, but not for the kicking,” Alright. Lets see how you swim!” she meowed giving some strong swimming strides in a small circle glancing at Silentpaw.

Elementals
July 9th, 2020, 02:43 PM
Salmonsong saw that Silentpaw wasn’t splashing too much, which was good for the dive, but not for the kicking,” Alright. Lets see how you swim!” she meowed giving some strong swimming strides in a small circle glancing at Silentpaw.
~Silentpaw~

Silentpaw nodded and went to paddle. He kept his head above water staring at the distance ahead of him. He sometimes forgot that his paws could help him making his back legs do all the work. After about 12 fox lengths, he ran of out breathe.

Mango
July 9th, 2020, 02:48 PM
~Silentpaw~

Silentpaw nodded and went to paddle. He kept his head above water staring at the distance ahead of him. He sometimes forgot that his paws could help him making his back legs do all the work. After about 12 fox lengths, he ran of out breathe.
Salmonsong flicked her tail,” Remember to use your paws too, they can help too“ she meowed as she continued swimming watching him swim herself.

skreelyshark
July 9th, 2020, 03:11 PM
"Alright!" Stealthpaw narrowed her eyes and tried to focus on the move. "Like this?" she asked while attempting to do the move Reedwhisker explained, hoping to hit him.
esa

Reedwhisker leapt back, narrowly dodging Stealthpaw's blow. He remembered his hatred of battle moves as an apprentice. "Yup! Keep on trying!"

StealthWarrior
July 9th, 2020, 03:23 PM
Stealthpaw swung, again and again, wanting to master the move quickly. She missed the first reattack but hoped the second would land. esa

skreelyshark
July 9th, 2020, 03:29 PM
StealthWarrior

Reedwhisker was overwhelmed by his apprentice's fast strikes and finally one landed on his muzzle.

"Wow you're very agile! You'll make a far better fighter than me!" he purred. "Now try grabbing onto my neck. It will be harder since you have to keep your claws sheathed but holding on is important. It gives you a chance to stun your enemy and rake their vulnerable belly with your hind claws."

StealthWarrior
July 9th, 2020, 03:39 PM
Stealthpaw flinched just thinking about it, "Yikes! That would hurt!" Stealthpaw jumped up grabbed onto her mentor's neck, then slipped off. "You're right! It is hard!" she agreed. Trying again, she tried to use her tail to balance herself before attempting the new move
esa

skreelyshark
July 9th, 2020, 03:44 PM
Reedwhisker grunted as his apprentice leaped onto his back. "Try to knock me over so that you're on top of me. Pinning me down with your weight might be easier than holding onto my shoulders." He shook out his fur. "Especially with a Windclan cat; they're just skin and bones!"

Elementals
July 9th, 2020, 03:52 PM
Salmonsong flicked her tail,” Remember to use your paws too, they can help too“ she meowed as she continued swimming watching him swim herself.
~Silentpaw~

Silentpaw realizing again that he could use his paws, Silentpaw gave a shy nod to her pointer. With his paws and hind legs kicking, he was a bit faster. Just then, a fish flew out and landed straight onto his face.

Elementals
July 9th, 2020, 03:54 PM
Reedwhisker grunted as his apprentice leaped onto his back. "Try to knock me over so that you're on top of me. Pinning me down with your weight might be easier than holding onto my shoulders." He shook out his fur. "Especially with a Windclan cat; they're just skin and bones!"
~Splashfury~
Purring as she watched them, Splashfury smiled at them. Reedwhisker was a good commander. “Hopefully I’m not disturbing you guys.” Splashfury meowed as she watched them.

skreelyshark
July 9th, 2020, 03:58 PM
~Splashfury~
Purring as she watched them, Splashfury smiled at them. Reedwhisker was a good commander. “Hopefully I’m not disturbing you guys.” Splashfury meowed as she watched them.

"Splashfury!" Reedwhisker quickly neatened his fur, then felt his pelt grow hot as realized that he was trying to look presentable for her. "You're not disturbing us at all! I've never been good at fighting so I thought you could give Stealthpaw some tips."
StealthWarrior

StealthWarrior
July 9th, 2020, 04:05 PM
"Okay! I'll try it that way." she launched herself and Splashfury, aiming to knock her over and 'claw her stomach with my hind paws' sheathed of course esa Elementals

skreelyshark
July 9th, 2020, 04:08 PM
"Okay! I'll try it that way." she launched herself and Splashfury, aiming to knock her over and 'claw her stomach with my hind paws' sheathed of course esa Elementals

Reedwhisker watched his apprentice with pride. He sat down recover from her powerful hits. "Splashfury has no chance against you!" he called out with delight.
Elementals StealthWarrior

Elementals
July 9th, 2020, 04:15 PM
~Splashfury~
Smiling when she wasn’t interrupting anything, Splashfury continued to watch the pair. “Alrighty then, I will speak up when I see something.” Splashfury nodded.

{ esa StealthWarrior }

skreelyshark
July 9th, 2020, 04:17 PM
"Okay then. Stealthpaw let's show Splashfury what you've learnt so far." He stood up and stood squarely, light on his paws."This time I'll be using some basic counterattacks and defence techniques so try to pick them up and we'll discuss them after."
Elementals StealthWarrior

StealthWarrior
July 9th, 2020, 07:21 PM
Stealthpaw nodded then decided she was going to try the first move. Crouching a little, she moved forward quickly, then swung out her paw hoping to unbalance her mentor, if that worked, she would use his unsteadyment to use the second move to defeat him
esa Elementals

Elementals
July 9th, 2020, 07:29 PM
~Splashfury~

Splashfury wondered why the apprentice went straight to unbalancing when Reedwhisker was on all fours. “Hmm Stealthpaw..is there a reason to unbalance your mentor who is already firmly on the ground?” Splashfury asked.

{ esa StealthWarrior }

StealthWarrior
July 9th, 2020, 07:34 PM
"Uh..." Stealthpaw realized she had been stupid. "No?" she backed away to form a different plan of attack. Hmmm... what should she do? She decided something crazy might work. Looking at Reedwhisker's right side, she moved as if she was going to try and attack his side, then she jumped and tried to land on Reedwhisker's back. esa @Elemantals

Mango
July 9th, 2020, 10:38 PM
~Silentpaw~

Silentpaw realizing again that he could use his paws, Silentpaw gave a shy nod to her pointer. With his paws and hind legs kicking, he was a bit faster. Just then, a fish flew out and landed straight onto his face.
Salmonsong couldn’t help but laugh at the fish before using her paw to try to get the fish off his face, she’d let it live so it could surprise more cats who were swimming.

Elementals
July 9th, 2020, 10:41 PM
Salmonsong couldn’t help but laugh at the fish before using her paw to try to get the fish off his face, she’d let it live so it could surprise more cats who were swimming.
~Silentpaw~

Once he could see the sky again, Silentpaw splashed off the slime that got on his face. He didn’t understand why the warrior didn’t kill it for fresh kill but he wasn’t going to question everything that came by him. “Tthank yyou Miss.Ssalmonsong!” he stuttered as he continued swimming.

Mango
July 9th, 2020, 11:00 PM
~Silentpaw~

Once he could see the sky again, Silentpaw splashed off the slime that got on his face. He didn’t understand why the warrior didn’t kill it for fresh kill but he wasn’t going to question everything that came by him. “Tthank yyou Miss.Ssalmonsong!” he stuttered as he continued swimming.
Salmonsong gave a purr,” You’re welcome” she purred glad that he didn’t start drowning over the fish on his face.

skreelyshark
July 10th, 2020, 03:28 AM
"Uh..." Stealthpaw realized she had been stupid. "No?" she backed away to form a different plan of attack. Hmmm... what should she do? She decided something crazy might work. Looking at Reedwhisker's right side, she moved as if she was going to try and attack his side, then she jumped and tried to land on Reedwhisker's back. esa @Elemantals

Reedwhisker felt the breath knocked out of his lungs as his apprentice bowled him over. He quickly rolled onto his paws and aimed to lunge back with a blow from his front paw. Elementals

Leopardblaze
July 10th, 2020, 02:45 PM
"That's cool! Do you think other clans will merge into other clans?" Sootpaw mewed, sliding down the rock, slow enough not to hurt herself. She walked beside Leopardblaze, her eyes glimmering with excitement. "And SkyClan sounds cool! What warriors used to be SkyClan before RiverClan merged with SkyClan?" Sootpaw loved hearing things like this!
(next post in training island? also sorry my replies take so long)

"I'm not sure if the clans with merge any further, but who knows what lays ahead," Leopardblaze answered, but Sootpaw's question made her think, what would happen if the clans had to merge into others? When the spotted warrior heard Sootpaw's last question, she felt memories bubble up. "Actually I was one of them," she said after a moment, with a smile. "And so was Eagleflower and Ivyshine. I was a new warrior when I came to RiverClan, so I almost felt like an apprentice all over again when I was being taught how to do everything." As she awaited any questions from her curious apprentice, they arrived at training island, "We're here!"

(It's all good)

sootsplashed
July 10th, 2020, 03:47 PM
"I'm not sure if the clans with merge any further, but who knows what lays ahead," Leopardblaze answered, but Sootpaw's question made her think, what would happen if the clans had to merge into others? When the spotted warrior heard Sootpaw's last question, she felt memories bubble up. "Actually I was one of them," she said after a moment, with a smile. "And so was Eagleflower and Ivyshine. I was a new warrior when I came to RiverClan, so I almost felt like an apprentice all over again when I was being taught how to do everything." As she awaited any questions from her curious apprentice, they arrived at training island, "We're here!"

(It's all good)
"That's so cool!" Sootpaw mewed, her mouth forming a tiny 'o'. Her mentor had been a former SkyClan cat! "Yay!" They were finally at the training island! She didn't have any more questions, at least for right now. The long-furred she-cat dipped a paw in the river. "It's warm!" She gasped, smiling. This was going to be so much fun!

Elementals
July 10th, 2020, 03:56 PM
Salmonsong gave a purr,” You’re welcome” she purred glad that he didn’t start drowning over the fish on his face.
~Silentpaw~

It seemed to him that his swimming forward was decent enough. Though he did want to see if Salmonsong could teach him to swim on his back."Er, is there a wway to sswim on yourr back? I'vee seen some cattss do tthat and I wishh to tryy." Silentpaw asked.

Elementals
July 10th, 2020, 04:03 PM
~Splashfury~

Splashfury gave a satisfied nod to Stealthpaw as they managed to make Reedwhisker drop down. She narrowed her eyes to see what the apprentice would do when their enemy lunged at them. Would they dodge it or would they not know what to do. It was interesting to be in the position of a supervisor after she was used to being the one watched by.

{ esa StealthWarrior }

StealthWarrior
July 10th, 2020, 04:12 PM
When Stealthpaw saw Reedwhisker's paw coming at her, she jumped to the side and tried to hit it with her own paw. Her mentor's paw grazed her muzzle as she attacked
Elementals esa

Elementals
July 10th, 2020, 04:18 PM
~Splashfury~

Splashfury snapped her tail up when Stealthpaw got grazed by their mentor. "Hmm, why don't you next time duck and twist? Here let me show you." Splashfury instructed as she got up to demonstrate. Splashfury pretended a paw went towards her so she ducked under clawing at their belly while rolling away. "Try to do it on your own and when you are ready, try doing it with your mentor with the move."

{ esa StealthWarrior }

Leopardblaze
July 10th, 2020, 06:13 PM
"That's so cool!" Sootpaw mewed, her mouth forming a tiny 'o'. Her mentor had been a former SkyClan cat! "Yay!" They were finally at the training island! She didn't have any more questions, at least for right now. The long-furred she-cat dipped a paw in the river. "It's warm!" She gasped, smiling. This was going to be so much fun!

Leopardblaze let out a soft purr as she watched Sootpaw dip her paw into the water. She slowly waded into the water to make sure the current wasn't going to be an issue, before looking to Sootpaw, her green eyes gleaming, "Ready?" The water wasn't too deep here for her, but it would be a good spot for Sootpaw to see how comfortable she felt. "It's not very deep here so whenever you feel comfortable with it tell me and we'll go deeper," she explained, taking it a little slow. "Then you'll start churning your legs," she meowed, gliding into the deeper section of the water to demonstrate before swimming back seeming almost effortless.

skreelyshark
July 11th, 2020, 04:17 AM
~Splashfury~

Splashfury snapped her tail up when Stealthpaw got grazed by their mentor. "Hmm, why don't you next time duck and twist? Here let me show you." Splashfury instructed as she got up to demonstrate. Splashfury pretended a paw went towards her so she ducked under clawing at their belly while rolling away. "Try to do it on your own and when you are ready, try doing it with your mentor with the move."

StealthWarrior
Elementals

Reedwhisker watched Splashfury in awe. He had forgotten a lot of the skills he learned as an apprentice so he was eager to pick up ideas from her. Also she looked so cute teaching Stealthpaw. He blinked in surprise at his own uninvited thought and began washing his paw in embarrassment.

StealthWarrior
July 11th, 2020, 08:03 AM
Stealthpaw nodded enthusiastically, ready to get started, she practiced ducking and twisting a couple of times. She wasn't perfect, but she wasn't horrible either. "I wanna try this in a 'battle' now!" she exclaimed
esa Elementals

jackal blackout
July 11th, 2020, 08:32 AM
shadowpelt waited for bluepaw.

sootsplashed
July 11th, 2020, 08:35 AM
shadowpelt waited for bluepaw.
Bluepaw padded over to Shadowpelt. "What are we doing today?"

jackal blackout
July 11th, 2020, 08:37 AM
shadowpelt said "we will be practicing fighting techniques." Sugarglider

sootsplashed
July 11th, 2020, 08:49 AM
Leopardblaze let out a soft purr as she watched Sootpaw dip her paw into the water. She slowly waded into the water to make sure the current wasn't going to be an issue, before looking to Sootpaw, her green eyes gleaming, "Ready?" The water wasn't too deep here for her, but it would be a good spot for Sootpaw to see how comfortable she felt. "It's not very deep here so whenever you feel comfortable with it tell me and we'll go deeper," she explained, taking it a little slow. "Then you'll start churning your legs," she meowed, gliding into the deeper section of the water to demonstrate before swimming back seeming almost effortless.
Sootpaw happily waded to where Leopardblaze was, smiling. "This is so fun! I'm definitely comfortable!" She mewed happily, giving a huge grin if she wasn't already. She stepped a little deeper, and started to churn her legs as Leopardblaze had instructed, and the she-cat started to move a bit. "I'm doing it!" She mewed, swimming even deeper yet.

sootsplashed
July 11th, 2020, 08:52 AM
shadowpelt said "we will be practicing fighting techniques." Sugarglider
"Nice!" Bluepaw said, grinning.

Leopardblaze
July 11th, 2020, 09:53 AM
Sootpaw happily waded to where Leopardblaze was, smiling. "This is so fun! I'm definitely comfortable!" She mewed happily, giving a huge grin if she wasn't already. She stepped a little deeper, and started to churn her legs as Leopardblaze had instructed, and the she-cat started to move a bit. "I'm doing it!" She mewed, swimming even deeper yet.

Leopardblaze chirped happily, pride for Sootpaw rising in her chest "You're doing great!" She swam close beside her, to be ready to help her in case she started to get tired. The spotted she-cat swam a little further out and stopped to act as a barrier so that she wouldn't swim too deep because the current was stronger if you went out any further. "Let me know if you start getting tired so we can take a break," she meowed, licking the water off of her whiskers.

Elementals
July 11th, 2020, 03:59 PM
~Splashfury~

Splashfury gave a smile to the apprentice's determination. It was a wonderful feeling of letting the kiddos of the clan grow up but she did have to admit, they grew up incredibly fast. It made her tough heart melt like that moment in leaf bare turning to new leaf.

"I do believe you are more than ready, Stealthpaw." Splashfury purred as she took her post near by the area they were practicing on. She gave a nod to let them spar again.

{ esa StealthWarrior }

StealthWarrior
July 11th, 2020, 04:41 PM
"You ready Reedwhisker?" Stealthpaw asked her mentor, "'Cause you about to be taken down!" she laughed. Stealthpaw fluffed up her fur, doubling her size, then barreled towards Reedwhisker, coming up just short of him and retracting her fur for a surprise effect, she attempted to slap him across the face. Hard.
Elementals esa

skreelyshark
July 11th, 2020, 05:22 PM
Reedwhisker reeled back in surprise. Was this one of Splashfury's sneaky techniques? His cheek burned as he lashed out, aiming to knock his apprentice onto her back.

Sweetie
July 11th, 2020, 10:32 PM
Well, Goosefury may have not been physically old but his emotions were certainly elder grouchy like. Oh yeah, Sunpaw totally saw that sneer that confirmed that his mentor hated his guts but seriously, what was his problem!
His maw pinched together from the apprentice hurling back a snarl. "At least I wouldn't b-" Before he could react or dodge Goosefury launched himself upon Sunpaw. A loud thud and oof came out of the tom as the warrior was on top of him. Dust flared up from the impact and slowly settled down around the two. Glaring at his mentor the apprentice couldn't hold back the snarl. "Finally you're acting like a real warrior! Live up to your name much Goosefury." Ohhh yeah his ass was about to get handed to him but the tom could possibly defend himself? Sunpaw was about the same size as his mentor due to his late apprenticeship but the experience will surely make the difference.

Slushie

StealthWarrior
July 12th, 2020, 08:33 AM
"Whoof!" Stealthpaw landed on her back, her stomach exposed, before rolling over and springing herself back up onto her paws. She tried to jump onto her mentor's neck esa Elementals

skreelyshark
July 12th, 2020, 01:56 PM
"Whoof!" Stealthpaw landed on her back, her stomach exposed, before rolling over and springing herself back up onto her paws. She tried to jump onto her mentor's neck esa Elementals

Reedwhisker was weighed down by his apprentice and tried to grapple her off unsuccessfully. He began roughly rolling in the dirt in an attempt to loosen her strong grip.

dino.
July 12th, 2020, 04:07 PM
[ Shimm ]

----Goosefury----

His sudden attack did the trick. He was quite satisfied with himself, but also very annoyed at Sunpaw. He glared down at his apprentice, disappointment shining clearly in his gaze. "Pay attention!" he snapped, climbing off of Sunpaw with a lash of his tail. "If you placed more focus on your opponent and less on running that mouth of yours about how I act, you could easily have dodged that."
He was trying to stamp down his anger - trying to focus entirely on this training session so it could be done and over with as soon as possible - by taking deep breaths and telling himself that Sunpaw couldn't help it because the young tom was CLEARLY lacking several brain cells. But Sunpaw's next comment washed all of that progress down the drain.
A real warrior. A real warrior? "You don't even know what a 'real warrior' is, and until you learn to shut up and act, something your daddy was never able to do, you'll never know." Once again he launched himself at Sunpaw without waiting for a response, although this time he spun on his paws and aimed a heavy blow at the apprentice's side meant to send the tom reeling.

StealthWarrior
July 12th, 2020, 04:36 PM
Her grip loosened by all the tossing and turning, Stealthpaw started attempting to churn her hind legs into her mentor's stomach in the hopes of distracting him so that she could regain her balance esa

Elementals
July 12th, 2020, 04:40 PM
~Splashfury~

Splashfury watched the pair mock battle each other. She nodded in approval as Stealthpaw was able to knock Reedwhisker down. Seeing that Stealthpaw was trapped, Splashfury was going to give them tips.

“Stealthpaw, fold in your legs and kick out.” Splashfury ordered expecting a slightly flying Reedwhisker later.

{ StealthWarrior esa}

skreelyshark
July 13th, 2020, 07:52 AM
StealthWarrior Elementals

Reedwhisker felt his spine crack as Stealthpaw kicked his back. He flew before awkwardly twisting and landing on his paws. His back was sore but he charged and tried to whip his paws into her eyes.

StealthWarrior
July 13th, 2020, 09:01 AM
Remembering what Splashfury had said, Stealthpaw ducked and twisted before slithering under her mentor and moving to attack Reedwhisker’s flank. esa Elementals

skreelyshark
July 13th, 2020, 02:38 PM
StealthWarrior

Reedwhisker yowled in surprise at his apprentice's agility and speed. His belly was battered but he quickly took advantage of the fact that she was beneath him. Letting his weight drop, he tumbled on the ground with Stealthpaw, trying to crush her with his heavy body.

StealthWarrior
July 13th, 2020, 02:46 PM
Yikes! Stealthpaw thought as Reedwhisker dropped onto her, This isn't ideal. She tried to wriggle out from under her mentor, attempting to use her size as an advantage
esa Elementals

skreelyshark
July 13th, 2020, 02:56 PM
Yikes! Stealthpaw thought as Reedwhisker dropped onto her, This isn't ideal. She tried to wriggle out from under her mentor, attempting to use her size as an advantage
esa Elementals

Reedwhisker felt Stealthpaw slip out from under him. He grunted and stood back up, creating distance between the two huffing cats. He let himself take deep breaths.

"Okay well done!" he panted for a few moments. "Let's go cool off in the Cattail Pond and we can work on your swimming too."

StealthWarrior
July 13th, 2020, 02:59 PM
"Yaaay!" Stealthpaw cheered then, "Nooooo! The water will be so collllld!" she moaned, "Fine. I give in."
esa

sootsplashed
July 13th, 2020, 03:12 PM
Leopardblaze chirped happily, pride for Sootpaw rising in her chest "You're doing great!" She swam close beside her, to be ready to help her in case she started to get tired. The spotted she-cat swam a little further out and stopped to act as a barrier so that she wouldn't swim too deep because the current was stronger if you went out any further. "Let me know if you start getting tired so we can take a break," she meowed, licking the water off of her whiskers.
Sootpaw excitedly started to churn her legs faster. "I bet if I was an apprentice when they had the swimming competition I would win!" She was not getting tired, no, not at all! "This is so much fun!" She may of not been born RiverClan, but it sure seemed like she was!