PDA

View Full Version : RiverClan Training Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

JusticeRabbit
October 19th, 2020, 11:53 AM
"Ok!!" she meowed heading into the territory.

dino.
October 19th, 2020, 09:23 PM
Goosefury didn't leave them. That was good. And when he finally made it over she frowned somewhat, as the droplets sprayed all over her and proceeded to soak her in return. Shaking out her fur in... a mild act of... revenge? no. Eelpaw didn't do revenge. It was just from observing, Goosefury had shaken out his fur and that surely meant she was supposed to do the same thing did it not? Yes. Eelpaw liked to believe that. It was logical and it made sense, to her at least. And then she stood up properly too, listening to his question with a face full of indifference outside of the no blinking that was starting to make her eyes hurt. But... but if she blinked he would disappear would he not? That was what Eelpaw believed and they didn't want Goosefury to disappear, another one could not disappear. NOt again, not again, again, again, again. Not. AGAIN. Just the thought made the young apprentice shake but she shook her head and then nodded in regards to his question. "Defense?" it was filled with hesitancy but she didn't know. How well would she do? Would she fail? Eelpaw didn't like failing.

All right. Defensive. Goosefury could do defensive. Granted, it wasn't something he was great at, but he figured it couldn't hurt to teach Eelpaw what he knew. He shook out his pelt again and stepped back, just a few steps, to give himself some room for a quick demonstration.

"All right, if a cat's ever coming at you, whether it be a rogue or someone from an opposing Clan, you always want to try to block them first. Especially if you're alone, because then you could possibly get help. The way you want to do it is to tuck yourself as small as possible while they're running at you and then ram the top of your head into the bottom of their chin. You could send them reeling, giving you enough time to get away. Or, if you put enough strength behind it, you could break their jaw."

"I'm going to lunge at you, and I want you to try it on me, all right?"

Without any more of a warning than that, he pushed off the sand and ran straight at Eelpaw.

Zero
October 20th, 2020, 09:30 AM
"Hm?" Mosspaw breathes on the ground for a moment more before standing up again, shaking himself one last time. "I am having fun! We don't have to stop, I just need a second," he says, sitting down. His tail-tip continues twitching, which he would stop, but he can't be bothered. He's a bit overstimulated and needs a break and an outlet to get it out.

Coastbreeze tilted his head a bit at that. He must have read that situation wrong? How unusual for him. "Of course," He meowed with a grin. "As long as you're doing good." The warrior looked around for a moment, eyes moving to the river surrounding their tiny training island. He closed his eyes for a moment, the babbling of the water soothing him. "Do you want to stand in the water? Could help you cool off? Take your mind off things?" Blue eyes returned to Mosspaw. He just couldn't shake the feeling that something was just a bit off with the young tom at the moment.

ciitrus--fruitz
October 20th, 2020, 11:12 AM
Coastbreeze tilted his head a bit at that. He must have read that situation wrong? How unusual for him. "Of course," He meowed with a grin. "As long as you're doing good." The warrior looked around for a moment, eyes moving to the river surrounding their tiny training island. He closed his eyes for a moment, the babbling of the water soothing him. "Do you want to stand in the water? Could help you cool off? Take your mind off things?" Blue eyes returned to Mosspaw. He just couldn't shake the feeling that something was just a bit off with the young tom at the moment.
Mosspaw smiles gratefully, tapping his paws. "Yeah, actually, that would be pretty great," he says with a slight chuckle. Mosspaw stands and shakes his fur out, keeping his eyes shut for a second before he begins making his way over to the cool water, looking over his shoulder to make sure his mentor was following.

Zero
October 22nd, 2020, 08:50 AM
Mosspaw smiles gratefully, tapping his paws. "Yeah, actually, that would be pretty great," he says with a slight chuckle. Mosspaw stands and shakes his fur out, keeping his eyes shut for a second before he begins making his way over to the cool water, looking over his shoulder to make sure his mentor was following.

Coastbreeze followed closely behind, flicking Mosspaw with his tail lightly as he passed the smaller tom and slid gracefully into the water. He waded out just far enough that he was submerged almost to his back, but that the current wouldn't try to drag him away. Then, he closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of the water sliding past him. "I've always enjoyed the river," He meowed as his apprentice joined him. "It's calming. Never understood why the other clans don't like the water."

Leopardblaze
October 22nd, 2020, 01:34 PM
Leopardblaze's whiskers twitched in amusement at Rushpaw's excitement. "Okay so this is a fairly simple defensive move that I will teach you," she began explaining. "With this move you're going to duck to avoid my paws and then twist your body to roll over and out of the way before leaping back onto your paws. You have to move very quickly if you want to avoid getting hurt by the enemy." She did a quick demonstration giving it enough time to allow the technique to sink in before she moved quickly towards her, wanting to see how quickly Rushpaw would react to her attack.

gs29513

gs29513
October 22nd, 2020, 04:44 PM
Nodding along slowly, or fastly depending on how you looked at it, Rushpaw managed to absorb most of the instruction. Duck, roll, jump back up. So, when Leopardblaze demonstrated, she watched for those things, trying to remember them. She was concentrating more than normal, but really only in the effort of not getting sat on. She didn't like that! When her mentor moved forward, she hit the deck with perhaps a bit much force, but rolled quickly, her fur soon to be covered in dirt. However, the hopping back up presented a teensy problem. Her legs were all crossed from the rolling, since she might have gone over two or three times, and when she tried to jump, she just tripped and fell over again. After a flailing moment however, she managed to get her legs sorted and get up, a bit of an embarassed smile playing on her lips. Leopardblaze

Arie
October 22nd, 2020, 11:52 PM
All right. Defensive. Goosefury could do defensive. Granted, it wasn't something he was great at, but he figured it couldn't hurt to teach Eelpaw what he knew. He shook out his pelt again and stepped back, just a few steps, to give himself some room for a quick demonstration.

"All right, if a cat's ever coming at you, whether it be a rogue or someone from an opposing Clan, you always want to try to block them first. Especially if you're alone, because then you could possibly get help. The way you want to do it is to tuck yourself as small as possible while they're running at you and then ram the top of your head into the bottom of their chin. You could send them reeling, giving you enough time to get away. Or, if you put enough strength behind it, you could break their jaw."

"I'm going to lunge at you, and I want you to try it on me, all right?"

Without any more of a warning than that, he pushed off the sand and ran straight at Eelpaw.

Block them. But... what if they were like... just average sized. If a bigger cat came running at them would they have to block them too? But... Goosefury was tiny. Barely bigger than Eelpaw herself and that was something... weird? strange? She didn't have the correct words of it and so she didn't speak... at least not yet. She would speak if she had any questions that was right? So. Tuck. Small ball. And then knock them out. But wouldn't it hurt the other cat? Oh.. OH! that was the point! Shaking out her fur again, just as Goosefury had done she nodded. "Ready." OH WAIT NO SHE WASN'T READY! Eelpaw could on sit and stare in horror as he just... ran at her. Okay what was it that Goosefury had just said? Tuck... Small.. Knock. So tucking herself into a ball, squaring up her large shoulders and digging into the ground with her paws, she just... stood her ground. If he continued and didn't stop she would aim to knock her head up into his jaw... try to.

vellichor
October 24th, 2020, 09:40 PM
// hope

Beanpaw
________

The siamese shook his thick, short coat to get the water off. Sure, it was a short swim to the training island, but still. He didn’t exactly want to train with wet fur. He looked back at Dayheart, who was maybe still in the water. Maybe he was shaking off too. Beanpaw was just glad that his friend had agreed to take him battle training. He... he kinda needed it. Not only to be a warrior, but also, kinda... uh, he wasn’t that good. At fighting. Like, at all. But that was okay! Dayheart could teach him.

Wings
October 26th, 2020, 09:34 AM
Fennelheart wasn’t expecting him to attack and was shoved back a little,” I get attacking can be fun, but sometimes avoiding blows is more useful. Tell you what, we can just to a practice spar, you can try whatever cool moves you think will be good against me.“ she meowed hoping Bristlepaw would be interested in that instead.
-Bristlepaw-

See now this was more interesting and he got into a crouch, eyes flickering around his mentor. He was making a plan, and had gotten the plan set now. Propelling forward, he hoped to strike her at her right shoulder, well, his left her right. Moving on, this would be really easy for Fennelheart to dodge, which would probably send the tom almost face planting.

ophelia
October 26th, 2020, 12:14 PM
Leopardpaw led Dovepaw to the island, eager to start. As they arrived, he shook out his fur and took a defensive stance. "Alright, hit me!" He pinned back his ear and stayed as small as he could to make himself a smaller target. RussetShade

~Berry~
October 26th, 2020, 12:36 PM
Dovepaw leaped out trying to tackle him. mareenakit

ophelia
October 26th, 2020, 12:38 PM
Leopardpaw, already pressed close to the ground, was barely buffered by the she-cat's impact. He grabbed at her shoulder with his teeth gently but firmly and whirled around, pressing his paws into her spine, trying to pin her. RussetShade

~Berry~
October 26th, 2020, 12:45 PM
Dovepaw had no clue what to do.
( She has never battle trained before or hunt so Leopardpaw will probably win for now ) mareenakit

ophelia
October 26th, 2020, 01:19 PM
Leopardpaw easily pinned Dovepaw. "What are you doing?" he asked in confusion, before realizing she had probably never done this before. He released her and sat back. "Why didn't you tell me? I would've gone easier on you." RussetShade

~Berry~
October 26th, 2020, 01:23 PM
Dovepaw ruffled her fur.
" Well it was worth a try. I am 7 moons and should be good at it by instinct. "
She smoothed down her tail. mareenakit

ophelia
October 27th, 2020, 12:27 PM
[cloning my charrie lol]
Zesty Mango
Leopardpaw sat on the training island next to a clump or reeds, eagerly awaiting his second fighting lesson. His tail twitched gently as he waited for his mentor to arrive. He was glad they were training, he hadn't been out with Fennelheart in a while.
............................................ BerryBranch
Leopardpaw laid his tail over her shoulders gently, "It's alright, I didn't mean to offend you." Why was he so bad at this. This was why he couldn't make any friends. HE sighed quietly to himself.

~Berry~
October 27th, 2020, 12:30 PM
Dovepaw flicked her ear.
" It is ok. I was just wanting to learn. " mareenakit

Mango
October 27th, 2020, 04:01 PM
-Bristlepaw-

See now this was more interesting and he got into a crouch, eyes flickering around his mentor. He was making a plan, and had gotten the plan set now. Propelling forward, he hoped to strike her at her right shoulder, well, his left her right. Moving on, this would be really easy for Fennelheart to dodge, which would probably send the tom almost face planting.
Fennelheart hated to crush his confidence, as she easily stepped aside sticking her paw out expecting him to just faceplant, she was curious it see if he managed to do something else instead or if he’d avoid her paw somehow.

Mango
October 28th, 2020, 05:57 PM
[cloning my charrie lol]
Zesty Mango
Leopardpaw sat on the training island next to a clump or reeds, eagerly awaiting his second fighting lesson. His tail twitched gently as he waited for his mentor to arrive. He was glad they were training, he hadn't been out with Fennelheart in a while.
............................................ BerryBranch
Leopardpaw laid his tail over her shoulders gently, "It's alright, I didn't mean to offend you." Why was he so bad at this. This was why he couldn't make any friends. HE sighed quietly to himself.
Fennelheart arrived shortly after and saw Leopardpaw,” You ready for your second fighting lesson? Do you want to just do some sparring to refine your skills, or would you like me to teach you some more advanced battle moves?” she asked

ophelia
October 29th, 2020, 10:49 AM
Leopardpaw nodded happily and rose to his feet. "For sure!" He thought about her question. He hadn't sparred in a while, so he figured he should brush up on that before moving on to advanced moves. "Let's just do some sparring?" his answer turned into a question in case it was a test or something.
Zesty Mango

duckie
November 1st, 2020, 09:10 PM
[Yes, yes. Then his official training will be done]

Cricketchirp was honestly started more than scared, amd as he opened his mouth to say 'yes, sir', Sootflare had already dropped him back in, getting yet another lung full of water.
Ohhhhh, great.
He had no idea how this worked, but he needed to try or Sootflare would have to save him again. As much of an ass as he's seen Sootflare be to some other cats (rightfully so, he would say about some of them), he doubted the deputy had it in him to just let a clanmate drown in the name of training.
His legs kicked out, but directed downward so he could finally bob to the surface, sputtering and spitting the water out, mouth and nose just barely staying above water.
He groan as he glanced back to the training island. It seemed so far away and his legs felt like led.
Whatever.
He began paddling slowly, annoyed he couldn't quite get his head up without splashing more water into his face and very slowly, he swam over. It way too long, but he finally managed.
Once he could touch the ground, he dipped under and shot out, not bothering to swim the last tail length until he could run without dunking under.
He looked back to Sootflare, shivering slightly and all around looking pitifully like a drowned rat, showing that most of his size was his wiry fur and he was pretty thin everywhere.
"Are we done trying to drown me?"

wnder

Sootflare

"Not trying to drown you, just... testing the waters?"

Okay, even he knew that was a bad attempt at a joke. He just shouldn't try. Humor was not his strong suit.

"Nevermind. Forget I said that." He shook his head, trailing after Cricketchirp and shaking some of the water out of his fur once he reached the shore, "I wouldn't actually let you drown, of course. That would be a waste of a perfectly good clanmate."

Cricketchirp really did look like a drowned rat now that he gave him a quick glance. Soggy and still dripping. So small. It was amusing but Sootflare couldn't help but feel a little concerned. They would have to work on getting a little meat on those bones.

"Why don't you go grab something to eat and get yourself dried off? I think we're done here for today."

[ I can toss up a starter for his fishing training tomorrow <3 ]

Mango
November 2nd, 2020, 04:18 PM
Leopardpaw nodded happily and rose to his feet. "For sure!" He thought about her question. He hadn't sparred in a while, so he figured he should brush up on that before moving on to advanced moves. "Let's just do some sparring?" his answer turned into a question in case it was a test or something.
Zesty Mango
Fennelheart gave a smile to her apprentice,” Alright. I’ll let you start.” she meowed dropping into a fighting stance. She awaited her apprentice’s attack.

ophelia
November 2nd, 2020, 08:08 PM
Zesty Mango

Leopardpaw nodded and crouched, trying to figure out how to go about this. He leapt right up to her, landing on her left, before twisting as quick as he could and bringing his paws down at her spine. If that worked, he'd leap back again to decide what to do next.

BEAR.
November 3rd, 2020, 12:16 AM
she was ready to beat up others!! mentally!! she could go smacK and sWOOSh and kick and then they’d all flop onto the floor and bam she’d win and lionstar would be so proud of her. she just.. hadn’t learned how to smacK and sWOOSh and kick yet! ..because of all her Absent Mentors™. meanies. see, that was why lionstar was here. he was.. saving the day! sort of? sure, that was what she’d call it. soon enough, with all of lion’s cool training, she could be the one saving the day!

“heck yeAH!” spiderpaw exclaimed! beatin’ cats up sounded cool, and saving-the-day-y! the apprentice smiled brightly at the pats & bop. see! she’d known that lion would fulfill the pat promise eventually, since she was counting those pats as the pats he owed her. she’d trusted him! definitely! and hadn’t had any planned confrontations concerning the pats — or lack thereof — at all! sillies!

her expression brightened at the question.

“fight fight fight fight fight fight fight!!!”

she wanted to be able to beat people up real bad! she also wanted to know how to fish real bad, but that could wait! spider wanted to fight fight fight first!

// BILL.

Fight, fight, fight, indeed!

Out of camp, Lionstar bounced to the training island and whipped around on his paws to face Spiderpaw. His pelt was puffed in spikes, his eyes glinted dangerously, and he was ready to throwdown.

"Do you know any battle moves?" Despite his question, he gave her little time to respond as he launched himself toward her with sheathed paws. "Use your instinct, Spiderpaw! What do you do???"

BEAR.
November 3rd, 2020, 12:18 AM
[ BILL.; ]

Tinypaw felt his paw hit his shoulder and he barreled over. The young tom heard the negative voices in his head laugh at him, but the positive ones were encouraging him. Tinypaw realized his mistake and tried to fix it. He moved his paws a little bit farther together and kept his weight on the ground. Maybe this was better.

Lionstar let Tinypaw reposition, noting he seemed to have distributed his weight better this time around. Once he seemed prepared, he whacked at his shoulder again - a little harder this time. If it landed, either he would hardly budge or once more, he would be sent toppling over.

It all depended on how well he fixed his posture.

Abyssopelagic
November 3rd, 2020, 02:18 AM
Sootflare

"Not trying to drown you, just... testing the waters?"

Okay, even he knew that was a bad attempt at a joke. He just shouldn't try. Humor was not his strong suit.

"Nevermind. Forget I said that." He shook his head, trailing after Cricketchirp and shaking some of the water out of his fur once he reached the shore, "I wouldn't actually let you drown, of course. That would be a waste of a perfectly good clanmate."

Cricketchirp really did look like a drowned rat now that he gave him a quick glance. Soggy and still dripping. So small. It was amusing but Sootflare couldn't help but feel a little concerned. They would have to work on getting a little meat on those bones.

"Why don't you go grab something to eat and get yourself dried off? I think we're done here for today."

[ I can toss up a starter for his fishing training tomorrow <3 ]
Cricketchirp snorted in a soft yet still ugly sounding manner at the deputies' joke, horrible as it was.
"Ah, too late. It's been said. Forever memorialized."
He shook the water out of his fur as best as he could and then set to grooming, trying to scrape all that water off with his tongue, but quickly gave up, realizing all it would do was make his tongue sore after a time.
Ah, well, it was good to know Sootflare thought of him in a positive light.
"Yes, sir."
but only if you'll join me
He didn't say the last part, though.
He'd only ever seen his mentor work, to the point he was concerned if the deputy slept or ate, but realized his words would most assuredly would be misconstrued, so he kept his mouth shut and didn't say it.
Just nodded and carefully headed back to camp.

Mango
November 3rd, 2020, 01:02 PM
Zesty Mango

Leopardpaw nodded and crouched, trying to figure out how to go about this. He leapt right up to her, landing on her left, before twisting as quick as he could and bringing his paws down at her spine. If that worked, he'd leap back again to decide what to do next.
Fennelheart let him strike the back but when that happened attempted to twist around and roll onto him, she wasn’t sure if Leopardpaw would be expecting it or not, but it was worth a shot with him.

ophelia
November 3rd, 2020, 01:44 PM
Leopardpaw felt satisfaction as his paws landed on her back, and darted backwards. Fennelheart turned and dropped, catching his tail. "Eek!" he stumbled backwards and fell over, before wriggling away and jumping back to his feet. He crouched, waiting for her to make the next move. Zesty Mango

Leopardblaze
November 3rd, 2020, 08:17 PM
Nodding along slowly, or fastly depending on how you looked at it, Rushpaw managed to absorb most of the instruction. Duck, roll, jump back up. So, when Leopardblaze demonstrated, she watched for those things, trying to remember them. She was concentrating more than normal, but really only in the effort of not getting sat on. She didn't like that! When her mentor moved forward, she hit the deck with perhaps a bit much force, but rolled quickly, her fur soon to be covered in dirt. However, the hopping back up presented a teensy problem. Her legs were all crossed from the rolling, since she might have gone over two or three times, and when she tried to jump, she just tripped and fell over again. After a flailing moment however, she managed to get her legs sorted and get up, a bit of an embarassed smile playing on her lips. Leopardblaze

Leopardblaze gave her a small smile," That was good, but we need to clean up a few things. You don't have to duck quite as hard. You're roll was good, but try and keep your paws a little closer to your body so when you're hopping back up they don't get tangled up." She was proud of Rushpaw, she's been doing well in her training and was a quick learner.

gs29513
November 3rd, 2020, 08:25 PM
She did good! Or at least, that was what she was told. When her mentor explained it, she sounded......less good. But that was alright, wasn't it? At least she didn't do it ALL wrong. Although she did do a lot wrong. Deciding to try it again, Rushpaw plopped down a little more slowly, not throwing herself down, just letting gravity do it for her. The rolling was also a bit more controlled, her legs staying pretty well tucked up to her body, just about until the end. At that point though, she had to untuck them to get up, which actually went better than she'd thought. She got up alright, although from all the rolling she was now a little dizzy. Her voice acquiring a bit of a woozy sound, Rushpaw mewed Was that....better? She thought it was at least. Leopardblaze

Leopardblaze
November 3rd, 2020, 08:34 PM
Leopardblaze let out a purr and nodded, her green eyes glimmering, "That was much better!" The spotted warrior paused briefly before meowing, "Do you want to keep working on this or move onto something else?"
gs29513

gs29513
November 3rd, 2020, 08:54 PM
Hmm, this or something else? She wasn't PERFECT at this squash escape, but it might be good to learn another squash escape. After all, there were more than one way to squash someone! So, her eyes bright, Rushpaw mewed Can you teach me another way to not get sat on? Because I NEVER want sat on! And the more ways I have to not, the better I will be at doing not getting smushed. Sure it wasn't completely coherent, but she thought it got the point across. More defensive moves please! Leopardblaze

Madelaine
November 4th, 2020, 01:38 AM
Lionstar let Tinypaw reposition, noting he seemed to have distributed his weight better this time around. Once he seemed prepared, he whacked at his shoulder again - a little harder this time. If it landed, either he would hardly budge or once more, he would be sent toppling over.

It all depended on how well he fixed his posture.

Tinypaw felt the whack on his shoulder, but this time he barely did anything. It seemed that he had gotten it this time. Inside he was quite proud of himself. The positive voices in his head were congradulating him while the negative ones told him he still did awful. Of course he didn't listen to them. He never did.

Astraea
November 5th, 2020, 09:20 AM
~Foxpaw ran towards a blank spot on the island and waited for Mossy-grove , as she was waiting she practiced pouncing like what fox-blaze taught her~ Cmon ~she mumbled to her self and jumped up and tried to land on her paws but ended up going headfirst into the dirt ~ Ow , that hurt way more then I thought ~she told herself , but she got up and kept trying it over and over again~
punkscape

pidgeon
November 5th, 2020, 09:24 AM
Mossygrove was nervous as she padded forward to the training island. She hadn't given any training lessons since Falcondive was an apprentice, and those days were...of questionable happiness. She wondered what she should teach to Foxpaw. Maybe a ShadowClan move? That was about all she knew.

The warrior carefully picked her way across stones and sticks to avoid swimming across the river. She'd never swam before, and she wasn't about to drown herself in front of Foxpaw.
"Alright," she heaved a sigh once she safely made it onto the island. "Do you want to learn an offensive move first or a defensive move?" She figured she'd give the kid the choice herself, since Foxpaw was the one who asked for a lesson.

~Fox~

Astraea
November 5th, 2020, 09:37 AM
punkscape

~Foxpaw looked at Mossy-grove right as she hit the ground on her face again~ Oh , hi! uhhhhhh, I guess we could do a offensive move! That would be nice , because river-clan likes to do fake raids on the warriors. Its fun , but sometimes the warriors get mad. Oh and I need some lessons to become a warrior. ~she smiled as she got up her face had scratches and dirt on it from hitting the ground so many times~
punkscape

pidgeon
November 5th, 2020, 09:44 AM
"Alright, I can show you a move," Mossygrove nodded, amused at the apprentice's jumping antics. She wasn't sure what move exactly that Foxpaw was trying to practice that resulted in her slamming her face into the ground, but she didn't question it. "I can show you how to knock over any opponent." It wasn't a move she was good at, but it was one she knew. Maybe Foxpaw would be better at it than her.

"So, your goal is to knock me over. Aim a few quick swipes at your opponent's forepaws, then dart underneath and attack the hind paws. As soon as you do that, if you lurch yourself upward, you should be able to throw your opponent off-balance and take the advantage." A lot of ShadowClan's fighting involved unbalancing your opponent, as ShadowClan cats were rather large in size, Mossygrove included. Foxpaw would have a difficult time, but she could do it.

Mossygrove squared her stance in preparation. "You may begin when you're ready."

~Fox~

Astraea
November 5th, 2020, 09:58 AM
~Foxpaw really didnt understand why she couldnt just go underneth the warrior and kick the stomach of her taking her off balance and making her tip , but she really didnt mind doing it a different way. Fox-paw ran towards the big warrior and was a bit scared but kept going anyway. She threw a few swipes towards her fore-paws and then went under Mossy-grove and aimed for the hind legs hoping to knock her of balance then pushed her back up trying to knock her over~
punkscape

pidgeon
November 5th, 2020, 10:21 AM
Despite her size, Mossygrove's nervousness made her quite a pushover, literally. Foxpaw seemed to easily knock her off balance, and the warrior's flank collided with the cold, frost-hardened sand.
"Well done!" She exclaimed as she quickly got back to her paws. "Try it one more time, only this time, I'm going to try defending against you. See if you can still knock me over." She readjusted her stance back to her usual squared battle position and awaited the second attack.

~Fox~

Astraea
November 5th, 2020, 10:38 AM
~Foxpaw got up ready to do it one more time , again she ran up trying to wipe at Mossy-Grove but she couldnt know what the warrior was going to attack with so she was taking a real risk~
punkscape

pidgeon
November 5th, 2020, 10:43 AM
Mossygrove lifted her paws to avoid the strikes and then lashed back out with her own swipe, aiming to push the apprentice over. She jumped back about a fox-length to avoid Foxpaw darting underneath her.
"Sometimes your opponent will be too quick to knock over," She instructed. "In that case, what would you do?" She decided to quiz her.

~Fox~

Astraea
November 5th, 2020, 10:54 AM
You get them distracted ~she said as she slashed sand up hoping to blind the she-cat as she ran up trying to slide under the warrior~ ~shes good better than fox-blaze was ever , fox-paw thought to herself as she played out her actions~
punkscape

pidgeon
November 5th, 2020, 11:05 AM
Mossygrove was taken by surprise at the apprentice's quick thinking, and was blinded momentarily by the sand. In that moment, Foxpaw was able to dart underneath her and knock her on her flank again.
"You're pretty good, kid," She chuckled as she got back to her paws and shook out her pelt and wiped the sand from her face. "How about we try another move? A defensive one this time."

She stood opposite Foxpaw once again before explaining.
"I'm going to run at you and try to knock you over with force, like a ShadowClan cat. I want you to dodge to my side, and then try landing an attack on me that you think would work best. Ready?" She gave the apprentice a moment before Mossygrove suddenly lowered her head and charged forward towards her.

~Fox~

Astraea
November 5th, 2020, 11:09 AM
~Foxpaw's head was racing and her quick thinking was working so as she watched Mossy-Grove run at her , there was no way she would have enough time to slide to side so instead she jumped up hoping to land on her back and land a blow on spine~
punkscape

pidgeon
November 5th, 2020, 11:21 AM
Mossygrove reared up onto her hind legs when the apprentice landed on her back, and then let herself fall onto her side so as not to actually crush the apprentice but to try and knock her off. She intended on keeping this practice fight going until the two were tired, likely.
"Very good! Keep it up--let's keep going."

~Fox~

Astraea
November 5th, 2020, 11:25 AM
Got it ~she said as got up and shook off the sand from her pelt~ Mossy-Grove your super fast , and I want to be just like you ~Foxpaw got into a pouncing position and got ready, as she pounced she focused on her feet to make sure she didnt land face first like how she has been doing , she focused on landed on the warrior to slash her side~
punkscape

Mango
November 5th, 2020, 04:49 PM
Leopardpaw felt satisfaction as his paws landed on her back, and darted backwards. Fennelheart turned and dropped, catching his tail. "Eek!" he stumbled backwards and fell over, before wriggling away and jumping back to his feet. He crouched, waiting for her to make the next move. Zesty Mango
Fennelheart rolled back upright and hoped back up, then she shot out her paw in attempt to hook Leopardpaw’s leg and pull him down, she couldn’t believe how much Leopardpaw had improved and she was quite pleased with his progress, but he wasn’t done with training of course.

ophelia
November 5th, 2020, 04:55 PM
Leopardpaw tensed as her paw darted out to his. He shifted his weight to his haunches in preparation. Her paw connected with his front one but there was no weight on it. He reared up and brought his paws down, one aiming for her snout and the other for her shoulder. Too late, he realized he'd left his belly exposed. Hopefully, he was fast enough to make up for it.
Zesty Mango

Mango
November 5th, 2020, 05:12 PM
Leopardpaw tensed as her paw darted out to his. He shifted his weight to his haunches in preparation. Her paw connected with his front one but there was no weight on it. He reared up and brought his paws down, one aiming for her snout and the other for her shoulder. Too late, he realized he'd left his belly exposed. Hopefully, he was fast enough to make up for it.
Zesty Mango
Fennelheart was pleased that Leopardpaw avoided the blow. He was coming down on her but oh, he left his belly exposed so she shot her paw in trying to strike his underbelly before he came down on her head.

ophelia
November 5th, 2020, 05:16 PM
Zesty Mango

Leopardpaw grunted as her paw struck his belly a split second before his paws would've hit their mark. He stumbled back, paws hitting the ground to his left hard. He tried to make the best of the situation, using his sideways position to twist and donkey kick. He kicked out his hind legs, balancing on his front two, and aimed his paws at her chest, or chin, or really whatever he could reach.

Mango
November 5th, 2020, 05:26 PM
Zesty Mango

Leopardpaw grunted as her paw struck his belly a split second before his paws would've hit their mark. He stumbled back, paws hitting the ground to his left hard. He tried to make the best of the situation, using his sideways position to twist and donkey kick. He kicked out his hind legs, balancing on his front two, and aimed his paws at her chest, or chin, or really whatever he could reach.
Fennelheart was completely caught by surprise when he kicked her in the chest as he was falling over, that caused her to stumbled backwards in surprise not even throwing a blow back at him.

ophelia
November 5th, 2020, 05:38 PM
Leopardpaw whirled around as he felt his feet connect with fur and dropped into a defensive stance, but she didn't immediately retaliate. A flush of pride ran through him, that really worked that well?
Zesty Mango

pidgeon
November 6th, 2020, 07:00 AM
Mossygrove couldn't help but smile and be distracted by the compliment. No cat had ever looked up to her before; this was a first for her. She felt the apprentice's paw connect with her side and she wavered for a moment but kept her balance. She returned the attack by swiping out at Foxpaw's hind legs, trying to sweep them out from under her to see how she would counter-attack. Mossygrove claimed herself to be a terrible fighter, but she had still trained under Icestar, so she'd picked up some things.

~Fox~

Astraea
November 6th, 2020, 07:07 AM
~Foxpaw saw that her hind leg was almost like being pulled towards towards Mossy-Grove's paws so she lifted it up , but then relized that her balance was shifting to the left and she was gonna fall. As she fell her hind leg kicked the air and she tumbled into the sand~ Ahh , ow , why does sand hurt so bad! ~she questioned ~ Mossy-Grove that was good move! ~she got back u and waited for Mossy-Grove to say what she needed to do~

punkscape

pidgeon
November 6th, 2020, 07:31 AM
"Oh, are you alright?" Mossygrove asked, pausing to check on the apprentice. She hadn't intended for her to get hurt. The sand was rather rough with all the cold that had hardened it these days. She padded forward, leaving herself completely open to a surprise attack.

~Fox~

Astraea
November 6th, 2020, 07:42 AM
Yeah , im fine . ~she quietly saw that she could flank the she-cat and started to plan no what she would do. But wait shes gonna know im planning on a sneak attack , because why would any warrior leave them self open to attack. hmmmm ~ Foxpaw , grabbed a vole which was dead laying on the ground and threw it at her , hoping to get her attention. Then she sprang up trying to land on the warriors back again~
punkscape

pidgeon
November 6th, 2020, 08:00 AM
~Fox~

Mossygrove was indeed surprised--she hadn't seen the dead creature laying nearby. But before she could wonder what had killed it, Foxpaw had landed on her back, which made the warrior jump.
"A surprise attack!" She praised, balancing the apprentice on her back. She rolled onto the ground to try and knock Foxpaw off once again, ready to spring back onto her paws.

Astraea
November 6th, 2020, 08:19 AM
~FoxPaw jumped off her back and her tail waged almost like a dog~ Did I do good , was that was bad??? ~she said putting her ears down ~
punkscape

pidgeon
November 6th, 2020, 08:29 AM
~Fox~

Mossygrove's eyes shone with kindness as she looked at the apprentice.
"No, you did very well," she praised once more with a nod of her head. She was beginning to be out of breath--she was a bit out of shape, having not had to exercise her fighting skills in a while. The thought just occurred to her that she hoped Foxpaw's mentor wouldn't be upset with her for taking her out training.

"I think we should be done for today. You're an excellent fighter, Foxpaw."

Astraea
November 6th, 2020, 08:35 AM
Thank you ~she blushed , she was rarely ever complemented ~ Mossy-Grove? Fox-blaze will be fine when I tell her that we trained together , nobody has seen her in camp for a long time. And When I get my hunting training done I can become a warrior! ~foxpaw started to run home~
punkscape

pidgeon
November 6th, 2020, 08:40 AM
Mossygrove smiled at the apprentice, but frowned when she mentioned her mentor was absent. She didn't feel like she was ready for an apprentice, not after training Falcondive. It had been long ago...but the memory still stung, and she never wanted to fail another apprentice again.

"If you ever want to train with me again, you just let me know, okay?" She told Foxpaw before padding off to follow her back home.

~Fox~

BEAR.
November 6th, 2020, 09:25 PM
Tinypaw felt the whack on his shoulder, but this time he barely did anything. It seemed that he had gotten it this time. Inside he was quite proud of himself. The positive voices in his head were congradulating him while the negative ones told him he still did awful. Of course he didn't listen to them. He never did.

It - didn't knock him over? Of course it didn't knock him over! Lionstar wasn't surprised in the slightest. Tinypaw was a natural. "Well done!" He praised him warmly. "You catch on quick."

Now that he had done it successfully, Lionstar wanted to move onto the next thing. "So now you're grounded, you can't get knocked down easily. How would you counter one of my swipes at you?"

Mango
November 7th, 2020, 05:50 PM
Leopardpaw whirled around as he felt his feet connect with fur and dropped into a defensive stance, but she didn't immediately retaliate. A flush of pride ran through him, that really worked that well?
Zesty Mango
Fennelheart tried to hop up quickly as she thankfully didn’t have her belly exposed. She was ready to keep fighting, but if he shoved his paw down on her, she could be pinned by him and he’d win.

ophelia
November 8th, 2020, 10:37 PM
Fennelheart seemed to recover but still didn't strike so he pounced, making sure to keep his belly close to the ground unlike last time. At the last moment, he struck out with his front paws at her shoulders, trying to knock her over and pin her.
Zesty Mango

panchiko
November 9th, 2020, 10:35 AM
// hope

Beanpaw
________

The siamese shook his thick, short coat to get the water off. Sure, it was a short swim to the training island, but still. He didn’t exactly want to train with wet fur. He looked back at Dayheart, who was maybe still in the water. Maybe he was shaking off too. Beanpaw was just glad that his friend had agreed to take him battle training. He... he kinda needed it. Not only to be a warrior, but also, kinda... uh, he wasn’t that good. At fighting. Like, at all. But that was okay! Dayheart could teach him.

// totally didn't realize it'd been this long, m sorry :heartbounce:

dayheart had dragged a little behind, and it took him a few moments more than it had taken beanpaw to reach the island. once he got there, though, he went a few pawsteps away from beanie so he wouldn’t get any drip drops of water on the apprentice and shook himself off eagerly. giving beanie a smile, he started. “so!! hiii!” pause. “do you, like, have any already existing knowledge or stuff or are we startin’ from scratch? just gotta, like, know, y’know. for reference and stuff. not that it makes a difference because it sort of does but it isn’t like, a bad difference if you do know stuff already or if you don’t know or if you might know or if you aren’t sure if you know but if you know it can help but if you don’t know then that’s 100% okay!!”

Mango
November 9th, 2020, 09:39 PM
Fennelheart seemed to recover but still didn't strike so he pounced, making sure to keep his belly close to the ground unlike last time. At the last moment, he struck out with his front paws at her shoulders, trying to knock her over and pin her.
Zesty Mango
Frankly Fennelheart thought she defeated Leopardpaw, so wasn’t expecting him to pounce. Her eyes went wide as she found herself on her side so she tried to strike him as he was pinning her down.

gs29513
November 10th, 2020, 05:03 PM
Since she liked training with two apprentices at once, because then she could have them beat up eachother, not her, Splashleap had recruited(or maybe rhetorical questioned) Willowpaw into joining her and Stripepaw for some battle training. The sand sliding out beneath her paws, she made her way to the side, since a few other groups were working as well. Her voice more measured than it often was, since there were clanmates around who she DIDN'T want to look like a fool to, she mewed Why don't you start by just.....fighting. She assumed Willowpaw knew some battle moves by now, and Stripepaw did, so they might as well go at it and if one of them got pinned or cornered she could show them how to get out of it. Or if someone was getting beat up, they could 2v1. Whatever happened happened really. Rani Ikoria the Wolf Pup

Ikoria the Wolf Pup
November 10th, 2020, 05:09 PM
Since she liked training with two apprentices at once, because then she could have them beat up eachother, not her, Splashleap had recruited(or maybe rhetorical questioned) Willowpaw into joining her and Stripepaw for some battle training. The sand sliding out beneath her paws, she made her way to the side, since a few other groups were working as well. Her voice more measured than it often was, since there were clanmates around who she DIDN'T want to look like a fool to, she mewed Why don't you start by just.....fighting. She assumed Willowpaw knew some battle moves by now, and Stripepaw did, so they might as well go at it and if one of them got pinned or cornered she could show them how to get out of it. Or if someone was getting beat up, they could 2v1. Whatever happened happened really. Rani Ikoria the Wolf Pup
Stripepaw listened to her mentor and looked at Willowpaw. She crouched down, ready to react from an attack. Rani

Rani
November 10th, 2020, 06:37 PM
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Willowpaw was full of energy for this fight, it would after all be the last chance she had to practice before taking her assessment so this was super important! Granted all things were super important to the enthusiastic she cat so when she was given the ok it was no surprise she acted first. Bounding forward with a cry Willowpaw started darting around Stripepaw jumping all over the place to not give an indication of where she was going to attack first before turning on a dime and ramming herself into the other apprentices side. Her front paws flew out to try and land a flurry of blows on her foes side that with her too large paws would defiantly smart if she managed to hit a soft spot. But she wasnt done with trying to ram her entire body into Stripepaw and tenderise her flank oh no, Willowpaw wrapped her first attack up with a nip for good measure, just for the cherry on the cake.

@Ikora the wolf pup gs29513

panchiko
November 10th, 2020, 06:57 PM
Fight, fight, fight, indeed!

Out of camp, Lionstar bounced to the training island and whipped around on his paws to face Spiderpaw. His pelt was puffed in spikes, his eyes glinted dangerously, and he was ready to throwdown.

"Do you know any battle moves?" Despite his question, he gave her little time to respond as he launched himself toward her with sheathed paws. "Use your instinct, Spiderpaw! What do you do???"

“i kn—” spiderpaw was taken aback at lionstar’s launch, stumbling backwards so that she’d steer clear of him before tripping over her hind paw and landing harshly. “well, er — probably not that??” spiderpaw replied sheepishly, getting back up quickly. “well!! oaky taught me how to smack someone properly, if that’s a thing? there was some cool name for it that i forgot. front paw… something. you know the one?” instincts, instincts. she had those. right? no, yeah.

she wasn’t the best at knowing how to use them, though, so spiderpaw decided to just ‘go simple or go home’ and steal lionstar’s idea of launching. the apprentice bunched up her hind legs, aimed (although with little accuracy), and jumped.

gs29513
November 10th, 2020, 08:47 PM
Willowpaw had certainly gone in with a lot of enthusiasm, and she seemed to be trying to tenderize Stripepaw's entire body. A bit in two minds over who to root for, Splashleap ended up calling out Good job Willowpaw! Way to be unpredictable! before trying to add in a little help for Stripepaw, who was definitely physically and skillfully outmatched in this fight. Stripepaw, try and dodge! Being mashed is NOT a good thing! Try and land a blow if you can!Maybe she should have had them both attack her. But that would have defeated the whole "Don't get beat up" bit, so maybe not. Because Willowpaw could certainly kick butt it seemed! Rani Ikoria the Wolf Pup

BEAR.
November 10th, 2020, 10:46 PM
“i kn—” spiderpaw was taken aback at lionstar’s launch, stumbling backwards so that she’d steer clear of him before tripping over her hind paw and landing harshly. “well, er — probably not that??” spiderpaw replied sheepishly, getting back up quickly. “well!! oaky taught me how to smack someone properly, if that’s a thing? there was some cool name for it that i forgot. front paw… something. you know the one?” instincts, instincts. she had those. right? no, yeah.

she wasn’t the best at knowing how to use them, though, so spiderpaw decided to just ‘go simple or go home’ and steal lionstar’s idea of launching. the apprentice bunched up her hind legs, aimed (although with little accuracy), and jumped.

"The front paw blow won't help you here!"

Spiderpaw had dodged him, but Lionstar had expected that when he hit the ground and spun on his paws. He was ready for her when she leapt at him, choosing to return the move - launching himself toward her chest with his paws outstretched.

He planned on them colliding, but if it worked he expected that the force of his paws against her chest would knock her back.

Madelaine
November 10th, 2020, 10:51 PM
It - didn't knock him over? Of course it didn't knock him over! Lionstar wasn't surprised in the slightest. Tinypaw was a natural. "Well done!" He praised him warmly. "You catch on quick."

Now that he had done it successfully, Lionstar wanted to move onto the next thing. "So now you're grounded, you can't get knocked down easily. How would you counter one of my swipes at you?"

Tinypaw smiled at his praise. He messed up at first, but easily was able to recover. he didn't know he could, so that was a plus for him. The small tabby tom thought about his question real hard. He knew he couldn't look to the voices. It didn't work that way. They just screamed at him thats all.

"You dodge right? Or do you block? Not sure, but it has to be one of those.", Tinypaw responded.

panchiko
November 10th, 2020, 11:00 PM
"The front paw blow won't help you here!"

Spiderpaw had dodged him, but Lionstar had expected that when he hit the ground and spun on his paws. He was ready for her when she leapt at him, choosing to return the move - launching himself toward her chest with his paws outstretched.

He planned on them colliding, but if it worked he expected that the force of his paws against her chest would knock her back.

front paw blow!! that was what it was called! lionstar said it wasn’t going to help her anyway, though, so she guessed it didn’t matter anymore. still! at least now she wouldn’t be haunted by the evasion of the word to her memory! spiderpaw watched as lionstar launched at her again and widened her eyes, falling back at the collision and letting out a loud “owwwW.”

“this is totally rigged!” she murmured. she wanted to win! she couldn’t win if lionstar was winning! that, like, defied the Laws of Winning! “w— how am i supposed to win?? is there some secret move i can do that’ll knock you out in 5 seconds? is there a way to cheat? some shortcut on How To Win Faster? not that i need to cheat to win or anything because like i could totally take you - just, like . . . to keep in mind. for future reference, y’know.”

BEAR.
November 10th, 2020, 11:01 PM
"If you dodge, you might be able to swipe at me and move away before I can hit you again. If you counter.. maybe you can smack me, but I can whack you a lot more."

Lionstar raised his paw, preparing to hit Tinypaw. "You pick, and we can see how it goes?" And then he swung.

[ Siren Bliss ]

BEAR.
November 10th, 2020, 11:03 PM
front paw blow!! that was what it was called! lionstar said it wasn’t going to help her anyway, though, so she guessed it didn’t matter anymore. still! at least now she wouldn’t be haunted by the evasion of the word to her memory! spiderpaw watched as lionstar launched at her again and widened her eyes, falling back at the collision and letting out a loud “owwwW.”

“this is totally rigged!” she murmured. she wanted to win! she couldn’t win if lionstar was winning! that, like, defied the Laws of Winning! “w— how am i supposed to win?? is there some secret move i can do that’ll knock you out in 5 seconds? is there a way to cheat? some shortcut on How To Win Faster? not that i need to cheat to win or anything because like i could totally take you - just, like . . . to keep in mind. for future reference, y’know.”

"Rigged?" Lionstar huffed in laughter as he dropped to the ground, looking down at Spiderpaw. "You have hardly no training. This isn't rigged, you're just inexperienced." He reached to prod her with his paws. "Come on, you can do better than this. You're not going to successfully beat things up if you're going to fall to the ground and cry about it every time you lose. Get up!"

Madelaine
November 10th, 2020, 11:06 PM
[ BILL.; ]

Tinypaw would rather dodge first. It sounded like the smarter way to do it. The small tom didn't get the opportunity to react when Lionstar swung at him. The apprentice dodged to side real quick, but felt him nick his cheek. It didn't hurt, but it was enough to make him dizzy. Next time he would keep alert, because if this were a real battle he would have been seriously injured.

panchiko
November 10th, 2020, 11:14 PM
"Rigged?" Lionstar huffed in laughter as he dropped to the ground, looking down at Spiderpaw. "You have hardly no training. This isn't rigged, you're just inexperienced." He reached to prod her with his paws. "Come on, you can do better than this. You're not going to successfully beat things up if you're going to fall to the ground and cry about it every time you lose. Get up!"

she couldn’t tell if he was trying to be motivating or just shoving his victory in her face. “aye! ‘m not cryin’. you’re crying. and i have no idea what you’re talkin about, i’m totally successfully beating you up. yeah! you get up!” spiderpaw exclaimed, deflecting lion’s words. she leapt towards lionstar for a second time, outstretching her paws. “i’ll win eventually! you just wait & see! and i’m not letting you leave until i do!”

BEAR.
November 10th, 2020, 11:29 PM
"Not bad!" Lionstar told Tinypaw once he moved out of his reach. "But I know you can do better than that. Reposition yourself and we'll try again, alright?"

[ Siren Bliss ]

BEAR.
November 10th, 2020, 11:29 PM
"Is that the best you got?" Lionstar taunted Spiderpaw as he side-stepped her leap, using his paw to swing at her side as she passed him. "How are you going to beat me if you can't hit me? You can play grasshopper all you want, but it won't get you anywhere closer to winning this!"

[ hope ]

panchiko
November 11th, 2020, 12:07 AM
// BILL.
barely catching herself as lionstar dodged, spiderpaw flinched as he swung at her side. “pshshsh, you wish that was the best i got. i think. i don’t know what you wish but??? i guess it doesn’t matter since it’s trash talk??? but it’s not really trash talk?? i dunno. i- just.. in conclusion you’re goin’ down!” thinking for a moment, her battle cry was an “aaaaaaaaaaA!” as she threw herself towards lionstar’s leggies, hoping to latch on to one of them and proceed to not let go for as long as she could.

BEAR.
November 11th, 2020, 12:09 AM
"Huh?" Lionstar was confused by her bird noises when she latched onto his legs like some oversized crab. "Wait-- get off, you stupid little bug--" He tried to shake her off, using his other paw to shove down at her head.

[ hope ]

panchiko
November 11th, 2020, 12:16 AM
// BILL.

“no!!!” spiderpaw mumbled, scrambling to use one of her own paws to bat lionstar’s paws away. he was ruining her grip!! panicking, spiderpaw let go of his leg and instead aimed for another leg. legs seemed to be working, and spiderpaw was going to stick with what worked! that seemed like a good enough idea right now, anyway. “hehe, you’re losing to a stupid little bug :) aye, in the words of some wise ol’ dude, come on, you can do better than this.”

BEAR.
November 11th, 2020, 12:18 AM
"In a fight, Bugpaw, this could get you killed." Lionstar aimed another blow toward her head, this time harder.

[ hope ]

panchiko
November 11th, 2020, 12:26 AM
“totally worth it, BigCatstar!!!” spiderpaw replied, waving her tail near lionstar’s face in an attempt to distract him. the hits to the head hurt, and she needed some way to.. get out of that position. she was.. close enough to his belly, right? it was just.. a little ways away. wiggling away from lionstar’s head-smacking paws, she ducked and attempted to slide under lion, hoping to tickle him from underneath.
// BILL.

BEAR.
November 11th, 2020, 12:29 AM
As Spiderpaw moved to get beneath him, Lionstar made a point of stomping down hard at her back. If she wanted to be a pest, he'd treat her like one!! "Hope you like getting squashed!"

[ hope ]

Madelaine
November 11th, 2020, 12:33 AM
[ BILL.; ]

Tinypaw nodded and got back into his correct battle stance. He was more than ready this time around. He would pay much more attention this time. Tinypaw locked eyes with his mentor to show he was ready.

BEAR.
November 11th, 2020, 12:38 AM
Once Tinypaw looked ready, Lionstar aimed another blow toward him, this time going for his shoulder.

[ Siren Bliss ]

panchiko
November 11th, 2020, 12:42 AM
“yea! i.. totally do! my favorite activity ever!! so.. fun!” spiderpaw replied, wincing. “i guess learning really is pain, huh.” okay!! she could work with this! if lionstar wanted to play that game, they could play that game. spiderpaw squirmed away before getting up to her paws and trying to ram her side into lionstar’s side. hard.
// BILL.

BEAR.
November 11th, 2020, 12:53 AM
"Yeah, squashing you is fun!" Lionstar grunted when she hit his side and he whirled around, lashing at her shoulder with his paw. "Are you going to cry again when you lose, Squishypaw?"

[ hope ]

panchiko
November 11th, 2020, 12:58 AM
“im sure it’s like that taste of victory you had earlier that you won’t see again!” okay, to be fair, squishypaw sounded like a cool name. sort of. she could probably do better than bigcatstar. letting out a small “oof” noise as he lashed at her, spiderpaw aimed a thwack at his shoulder. “you’ll be the one crying when i’m done with you!! the first of many i’ll successfully beat up! well, i’ll successfully beat them up because of your training, but aaa. the point is i’ll still beat you.”

// BILL.

BEAR.
November 11th, 2020, 01:01 AM
Her paw smacked into his shoulder and it stung a little, but didn't deter Lionstar from surging toward her, aiming a flurry of blows toward her shoulder and side. "Put your skills where your mouth is, Squashybug!"

[ hope ]

panchiko
November 11th, 2020, 01:12 AM
ow- aaA- eep— acK-- okay, so that sort of hurt?? maybe he was a tiny bit right about inexperience? then again, bigcatstar’s insults also consisted of calling her squashybug. she could totally take bigcatstar down, inexperienced or not!! “i’d say put your skills where your mouth is, but you don’t have any! any skills, i mean - you do have a mouth.” maybe this was time to insert the almighty front paw smack thing that lionstar had reminded her the name of earlier and she’d forgotten half a moment later. aiming the smack at bigcatstar’s chest, she put a bunch of energy into it, hoping that it’d at least do something.
// BILL.

BEAR.
November 11th, 2020, 01:27 AM
"If I didn't have skills, then how are you losing?"

Lionstar hissed as she clubbed his chest and raised his paw, bringing it down toward the side of her head to give her a good whack.

[ hope ]

panchiko
November 11th, 2020, 01:30 AM
“i have no idea what you’re talking about! i’m totally winning! mhm! you’re just… a.. sore loser!”

well, he’d sure proven her point when he whacked her on the head. head ringing, she had newfound motivation. “oh, it is so on!!” spiderpaw exclaimed, aiming a series of slaps at lionstar’s head. if it was a war he wanted, a war he would get!!

// BILL.

BEAR.
November 11th, 2020, 01:34 AM
As her paws came toward his head, Lionstar ducked down and shoved his head upward to headbutt her chin. And maybe knock her back with the force of impact? He wasn't too sure how that would go. "Oh, I'm hardly getting started darling!"

[ hope ]

Ikoria the Wolf Pup
November 11th, 2020, 06:46 AM
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Willowpaw was full of energy for this fight, it would after all be the last chance she had to practice before taking her assessment so this was super important! Granted all things were super important to the enthusiastic she cat so when she was given the ok it was no surprise she acted first. Bounding forward with a cry Willowpaw started darting around Stripepaw jumping all over the place to not give an indication of where she was going to attack first before turning on a dime and ramming herself into the other apprentices side. Her front paws flew out to try and land a flurry of blows on her foes side that with her too large paws would defiantly smart if she managed to hit a soft spot. But she wasnt done with trying to ram her entire body into Stripepaw and tenderise her flank oh no, Willowpaw wrapped her first attack up with a nip for good measure, just for the cherry on the cake.

@Ikora the wolf pup gs29513
Stripepaw was confused, and couldn’t keep her eyes on Willowpaw until she attacked. She wasn’t ready for it, and the hits just kept landing! She was angry that this other apprentice was beating her! “I can see that, Splashleap!” she got up and ran behind Willowpaw, hoping to trick her into thinking she was just attacking from the behind. But right before it was about the time she would have swiped at her back paws, she jumped onto her back. She was doing her best to make up moves on the fly. She tried to fake some biting on the ears without hurting them that bad.

panchiko
November 11th, 2020, 10:23 AM
as lionstar headbutted her chin, spiderpaw was knocked some pawsteps back, cringing a bit. she paused for a second, letting the faint stinging sensation fade away. “oh, well, that’s good for you, because we’re going to be here a while! i’ve got alllllll dayyyy.” once she’d gotten back her stable footing, she put her paw forward and tried to shove lionstar’s head downward — maybe even shove it to the floor? she doubted she’d be able to do that, though…. but that didn’t stop her from trying.
// BILL.

Puddle~
November 11th, 2020, 07:02 PM
Trouble

Admittedly, Ebonypaw's training had been going a little slow, but Berryscorch was fixed on getting this apprentice to warriorhood someday. That is, if he didn't go missing like the previous two. Stepping onto the training island, the cream and white molly turned to face her apprentice. "Today we'll be learning the basics of battle training. And if I think you're ready enough, I might throw in an advanced move or two at the end." It was a little incentive to ensure he was working his hardest.

"So, let's get started. I want you to attack me. No claws or teeth or anything tricky. But I want to see what you can come up with before I teach you any actual moves."

Rani
November 11th, 2020, 07:18 PM
Willowpaw had fallen for the bait. Trying to turn as fast as possible (no small task with no tail to balance her) the small tabby was blindsided by her back paws being swiped and being tackled. Now stuck underneath Stripepaw she gave a surprised squeak just barley managing to duck her head away and avoid the ear biting. Right this wasn't good, but it could still be turned to her advantage! Ramming her head up in a kinda headbutt Willowpaw tried to aim the blow at the other apprentices chest to drive her off, thrashing all the while, then ducked her head low again to attempt at entirely grabbing the other mollys paw in her mouth. If you though you were gonna keep her pinned you had another thing coming and your paw was forfeit! Stripepaws paw would be Willowpaws! If she managed to grab the paw then the tussle would (in the bobtails mind at least) turn into a brief tug of war as she yanked on the appendage, careful of fangs.
Ikoria the Wolf Pup gs29513

duckie
November 11th, 2020, 07:28 PM
Aspensky

"Alrighty!"

The warrior meowed over his shoulder as he led the way to the training island, flicking his tail behind him absentmindedly. Today was the day to battle training. He wasn't sure what all Amberpaw knew, but they would get a better sense of that today.

"As you might have guessed, we're going to work a little bit on your battle skills today. Probably just the basics but if we have the time we can get into some of the more advanced moves. Sound good?"

[ Sklee ]

-Ash-
November 11th, 2020, 07:39 PM
Trouble

Admittedly, Ebonypaw's training had been going a little slow, but Berryscorch was fixed on getting this apprentice to warriorhood someday. That is, if he didn't go missing like the previous two. Stepping onto the training island, the cream and white molly turned to face her apprentice. "Today we'll be learning the basics of battle training. And if I think you're ready enough, I might throw in an advanced move or two at the end." It was a little incentive to ensure he was working his hardest.

"So, let's get started. I want you to attack me. No claws or teeth or anything tricky. But I want to see what you can come up with before I teach you any actual moves."
Ebonpaw's bright blue eyes widened. Advanced training? He wanted to do advanced training! But first he needed to do the basic stuff. He eagerly followed his mentor, his fluffy pelt moving in the breeze. "Yay! Okay BerryMentor!"" He tried to think of the best way to attack his mentor. He pretended his mentor was Burningkit.

He bolted at her and aimed a blow at her legs, hoping to knock her over before running around to her tail and trying to stomp on it. He wanted to jump on her back, but he tripped over his paws and fell to the ground with a thud. He quickly got up, licking his chest fur in an embarrassed way.

Ikoria the Wolf Pup
November 11th, 2020, 07:53 PM
Willowpaw had fallen for the bait. Trying to turn as fast as possible (no small task with no tail to balance her) the small tabby was blindsided by her back paws being swiped and being tackled. Now stuck underneath Stripepaw she gave a surprised squeak just barley managing to duck her head away and avoid the ear biting. Right this wasn't good, but it could still be turned to her advantage! Ramming her head up in a kinda headbutt Willowpaw tried to aim the blow at the other apprentices chest to drive her off, thrashing all the while, then ducked her head low again to attempt at entirely grabbing the other mollys paw in her mouth. If you though you were gonna keep her pinned you had another thing coming and your paw was forfeit! Stripepaws paw would be Willowpaws! If she managed to grab the paw then the tussle would (in the bobtails mind at least) turn into a brief tug of war as she yanked on the appendage, careful of fangs.
Ikoria the Wolf Pup gs29513
Stripepaw had assumed she would have won, but then Willowpaw dodged her. She was briefly surprised when suddenly Willowpaw pit down on her paw! The pressure forced her claws out. The other apprentice should have known better than to bite down on someone’s paw like that, and her throat would suffer the consequences. When Willowpaw forced Stripepaw’s claws out, they slid right into the back of their throat. In Stripepaw’s shock, she yanked her paw. If she had let go after the first cut, Stripepaw would have involuntarily raked her paws on her tongue. If she didn’t, the claws might cut deeper into the throat.

(I hope this is legal, because technically, Willowpaw did it to themselves?)
gs29513

Mango
November 11th, 2020, 10:02 PM
Trouble Puddle~

Blizzardsky was a bit late and discovered his mentor in mentor attacking Echopaw. His first instinct was to jump in the way and protect Echopaw before realizing that it was battle training and that Berryscorch wouldn’t hurt her, so he sat down figuring he’d be used for demonstrating battle moves, on someone competent, like him.

Sklee
November 11th, 2020, 10:50 PM
Aspensky

"Alrighty!"

The warrior meowed over his shoulder as he led the way to the training island, flicking his tail behind him absentmindedly. Today was the day to battle training. He wasn't sure what all Amberpaw knew, but they would get a better sense of that today.

"As you might have guessed, we're going to work a little bit on your battle skills today. Probably just the basics but if we have the time we can get into some of the more advanced moves. Sound good?"

[ Sklee ]

"It does! I'm just glad I'm actually going to get to train! No offense to Glowpaw, but he was a bit, well, rude".

BEAR.
November 12th, 2020, 01:36 AM
as lionstar headbutted her chin, spiderpaw was knocked some pawsteps back, cringing a bit. she paused for a second, letting the faint stinging sensation fade away. “oh, well, that’s good for you, because we’re going to be here a while! i’ve got alllllll dayyyy.” once she’d gotten back her stable footing, she put her paw forward and tried to shove lionstar’s head downward — maybe even shove it to the floor? she doubted she’d be able to do that, though…. but that didn’t stop her from trying.
// BILL.

"You only have until you run out of stamina." As Spiderpaw moved her paw to shove his head down, Lionstar jerked his head aside to dodge her swipe and took a few steps back.

Using the distance between them to his advantage, he did a running start leap over Spiderpaw, twisting in midair to aim a hard swipe across her spine.

gs29513
November 12th, 2020, 06:19 AM
They were both doing a fine job, and Splashleap couldn't see what was happening in Willowpaw's mouth, to her it just looked like a tug of war kind of thing. But Stripepaw at least was a bit uncontrolled, seemingly just......zipping around with out a highly clear agenda. She HAD managed to pin Willowpaw, but Willowpaw didn't seem to be having much difficulty with it, perhaps even turning it to her advantage with the headbutt and paw nibble. She would probably have to have Stripepaw work on controlling herself a bit more, calming down a bit, focusing on a few good strikes at a time. Rani Ikoria the Wolf Pup

ophelia
November 12th, 2020, 08:50 PM
Zesty Mango

Leopardpaw firmly planted his paws, taking the brunt of her strikes with his shoulder at first before shifting to try and block her paws with his left foreleg.

Madelaine
November 12th, 2020, 10:18 PM
[ gs29513; ]

Ashpool had been distracted lately she hadn't thought about her apprentice until this day. She told him to meet her here. Hopefully he wasn't too mad and wouldn't show up. The warrior would be more active from now on. She didn't want him to complain to the leader that she wasn't training him. Ashpool just had a lot of things on her mind thats all.

panchiko
November 12th, 2020, 11:32 PM
// BILL.

“bold of you to assume my stamina won’t last all day! i’m just, like, this huge ball of stamina. never ending stamina. I Am Stamina. you can’t outstamina me. plus, i just gotta wait until your stamina runs out and then i can win - er, continue winning!” spiderpaw watched as lionstar did a leap looking thing and was confused for a second before realizing what he was trying to do. it was a bit late to dodge, and spiderpaw was sort of lost as to what to do. well, when you were lost, there was one thing you couldn’t go wrong with!

well, it could probably go very wrong, and spiderpaw wasn’t really sure what would actually happen as a result of her action, but … you never know until you try, right?? as they say- you only live once. bracing herself for any incoming pain, spiderpaw jumped straight into the air. just jumped. that’s it. a little hop. mid-jump, she changed her posture so that her back was very hittable, and lionstar had managed to swipe at it, but she’d hoped the force she’d put into her jump and the .. weird angle her back was in would either throw bigcatstarm off or hurt him a bit. who knows?? she was literally just throwing around random ideas.

BEAR.
November 13th, 2020, 12:30 AM
Lionstar grunted when Spiderpaw jumped into him, throwing off his balance as he headed for the ground. The force wasn't enough to knock him completely off course but he did land wrong, feeling something pop in his paw as he stumbled to regain his footing.

Well, that hurt.

Doing his best to keep weight off his sore paw, he let out a short hiss and turned to face Spiderpaw again. As quickly as he could (albeit slightly slowed by his injury), he went for her hind-legs, aiming to knock them out from under her.

[ hope ]

gs29513
November 13th, 2020, 08:54 PM
His fur sleek as usual, since he wanted to look presentable, acceptable, Twigpaw padded up to his mentor with a quiet that more befitted a Shadowclan cat than a Riverclan cat. But that wasn't what his mind was fixated on. He just got rather slinky when he was thinking, keeping almost instinctively to himself. He had been running though the fairly meager collection of moves he knew, hoping they would be enough to make a decent showing to his mentor, to show how much he wanted to learn. He didn't really care WHEN it happened, he just cared that it HAPPENED. Siren Bliss

Puddle~
November 14th, 2020, 09:37 PM
Trouble Zesty Mango
{powerplaying was done with Zesty's permission}

BerryMentor? Oh right, she'd forgotten she'd allowed him to call her that. Perhaps she'd rethink that decision soon. It felt slightly strange. Thoughts aside, Berryscorch focused her attention on an incoming Ebonypaw. Given his lack of battle experience, it wasn't much of a challenge for her to predict a few of his moves, dodging the blow to her legs with a small hop. The tail attack also didn't quite work out, as she swept it out of the way before Ebonypaw stomped down. And when he tripped... well that was... interesting. There was definitely something up with this apprentice and tripping. He seemed to do it almost every time they did something.

"Not too shabby. Don't be too disappointed in yourself. You did fairly well for an inexperienced apprentice. Given it was your first time, and facing off against an experienced warrior too, I'd have been quite surprised if you were actually able to land any solid blows. But that doesn't mean I don't expect you to work hard today, okay?"

At the same time, she noticed Blizzardsky in the background, arriving to observe the training session. Hmm... the whole mentor shadowing thing had completely slipped her mind this time, hence, she'd forgotten to tell Blizzardsky to tag along. But apparently, he'd somehow figured out they were heading out for training on his own. At least he was here now. She could probably use him as a punching bag to demonstrate some of the moves.

"Anyways, let's move on to learning some basics. Blizzardsky, come sit here. She made sure Ebonypaw was watching before continuing. "Now, I'll be demonstrating the moves on Blizzardsky, and then I want you to mimic them on him too. Same deal as before, no claws or biting down too hard. This first move is the front paw blow."

"Raise a paw high into the air and bring it down on top of your opponent's head."With that said, she raised a forepaw as high as it could go, bringing it swiftly down onto the top Blizzardsky's skull with a clunk. That honestly might've hurt him a little, but she didn't care. Turning to Ebonypaw, she expectantly awaited his imitation of the move.

panchiko
November 14th, 2020, 09:57 PM
spiderpaw basked in her glory for a hot second as her ‘spider technique™’ did.. something. that’d been the goal. it was a tiny victory, but!! hA! she could still silently gloat! a mini win was still a win!

taken aback by his hissing, spiderpaw hisssssssed back, elongating it intentionally. whatever he could do, spiderpaw was going to prove she could do longer. maybe she couldn't do everything better (yet), but she could try her paw at doing things longer. she was swept off her feet — literally — when he came at her hind-legs, losing her balance and falling painfully. she lay for a moment, breathing, before popping back up, wincing, and throwing herself at lionstar.

// BILL.

Madelaine
November 14th, 2020, 10:27 PM
[ BILL.; ]

Tinypaw saw him aim the blow toward his shoulder and dipped his head down to miss the blow. He moved to the side fast, keeping his senses open in case Lionstar tried something else.

Madelaine
November 14th, 2020, 10:55 PM
[ gs29513; ]

Ashpool nodded, glad he wasn't upset. She had already planned what she was going to teach him. First she wanted to see how good his stance was. That was the first thing that all mentor should see before assuming they knew. "Show me your battle stance.", Ashpool meowed. She kept her glare on him to show she was actually here.

BEAR.
November 15th, 2020, 02:44 AM
Lionstar hisssssssssssssssssssssssssed in response to her hiss, and gave her the chance to get back up on her paws. As she threw herself at him, he sidestepped, whipping out his paw to smack her in her neck as she passed.

His paw still hurt something terrible, but he was adamant on putting Spiderpaw in her place. Stinker.

[ hope ]

BEAR.
November 15th, 2020, 02:44 AM
"Well done!" Lionstar praised. But he didn't stop there, surging toward Tinypaw in pursuit as he sent a flurry of jabs toward his apprentice's shoulder and side.

Tinypaw could probably dodge most if not all of them, but honestly the goal was to keep him alert.

[ Siren Bliss ]

gs29513
November 15th, 2020, 01:22 PM
Show her his battle stance? He didn't really have an exact one, so he supposed that just meant.....how he would attack. His paws sliding almost automatically into position, from the fights he'd had in the nursery, Twigpaw lowered, his tail straight out behind him, weight mostly on his back legs to jump or dodge as needed, claws still sheathed but right on the verge of springing open, front legs and paws barely touching the ground, ready to move as soon as necessary. Which might be soon, or it might be a while later. His voice a little hesitant, worried it would be a bad stance, he mewed Is this good? looking up at his mentor. Siren Bliss

Mango
November 16th, 2020, 10:04 AM
Trouble Puddle~

Blizzardsky didn’t do anything as Berryscorch smacked him, he had become quite comfortable with pain and thanks to Berryscorch had learned not to react to pain in the slightest, he barely even blinked an eye in response, as he awaited the apprentice’s strike.

Mango
November 16th, 2020, 10:05 AM
Zesty Mango

Leopardpaw firmly planted his paws, taking the brunt of her strikes with his shoulder at first before shifting to try and block her paws with his left foreleg.
Fennelheart felt Leopardpaw shove himself in the way spreading out the blow, it was a good move, she gave a small nod of approval, before hooking her paw in attempt to trip up Leopardpaw.

panchiko
November 16th, 2020, 10:23 AM
“ow, ow, ow—” she muttered, wincing as he smacked her in the neck. not cool!! well actually it was really cool and spiderpaw wanted to try to smack someone in the neck, but it wasn’t cool when he did it to her! ow!

she was going to see how he liked being smacked in the neck! she just needed to find the right way to go about doing it… he’d done it while she launched herself at him, so maybe she needed him to do something first so she could smack him in the neck. the apprentice took a few pawsteps back, waiting for lionstar to make a move.

// BILL.

BEAR.
November 16th, 2020, 01:45 PM
"Getting cold paws already?" Lionstar challenged her, watching as she backed up. Doing his best to not limp, he moved to circle around her until he was almost behind her.

Then he sprang, aiming to crash into her flank.

[ hope ]

Madelaine
November 16th, 2020, 11:49 PM
[ BILL.; ]

Tinypaw managed to dodge the first one, but the second one scrapped his side. He moved away, feeling the energy drain from his body. Another one hit him. Once he got his strength back he attempted to send blows Lionstar. He didn't know if he should be doing that, but he really didn't care.

Madelaine
November 17th, 2020, 12:17 AM
[ gs29513; ]

Ashpool watched as her apprentice gave her his best battle stance. There was just one thing wrong which was his tail "You did good, but you want to make sure your tails not out or a enemy cat could pull your tail.", she meowed. The molly remembered a cat that had their tail straight when she was fighting. She was able to pull on their tail to attack them better.

gs29513
November 17th, 2020, 09:25 AM
No tail? That was a bit confusing to Twigpaw, since he always used it to balance, but maybe older cats knew how to grab them better than kits did. In an attempt to correct the error, he wrapped his tail behind him, sweeping to his left side and almost up to his ribs, tickling him through his fur. He didn't want to tuck it under his belly, because that was just.......weird. Also, he wasn't a scared dog, and it might get tangled in his legs. He wanted to get to the fighting bit now though. He knew he had no chance, but he had to learn SOMETHING! Still, he didn't want to be rude so he merely moved his paws side to side, tensing his hind legs to leap at or away from his mentor. Siren Bliss

Whiskerpelt
November 17th, 2020, 09:30 AM
Whiskerpelt walks in on the training session and sighs, silently wishing she had an apprentice herself. She watches the skill of the apprentices and sits down, making herself comfortable.

BEAR.
November 17th, 2020, 03:32 PM
Lionstar felt Tinypaw's counter-attack strike him, and he ceased his pursuit of his apprentice to pause with a stupid little grin on his face. "You're killing this, Tinypaw." His voice was nothing less than warm toward the younger tom. "Any opponent you face should tremble before how fluid and adaptable you are." Tinypaw was bright and a quick learner.

But Lionstar could see how his body sagged from exhaustion, and he decided this was a good spot to end today's session. "Why don't we stop here for today? Get you back to camp, you can get a bit to eat and rest up."

[ Siren Bliss ]

Madelaine
November 17th, 2020, 03:46 PM
[ gs29513; ]

Ashpool watched him wrap his tail around him. She was quite pleased with him. He was learning quick. "I want you to try and move in that stance, because if you can't it will be easier for a cat to attack you.", she meowed. The molly wanted to make sure he would do good in battle. Real battles were much bigger than playfighting with your denmates.

gs29513
November 17th, 2020, 03:54 PM
He hadn't thought about that. Which was why he had a mentor he supposed, so he could be a dingdong and still learn. Keeping his tail wrapped around him, Twigpaw first padded forward, finding it easy to move upright. When he got down into the crouching posture he normally fought in however, his tail was low enough to occasionally sneak under his paws, tripping him up. After a few close brushes between his nose and the dirt, he tried reaching his paws out a little farther, which helped a little, but not a lot. Still, after a while practicing he was able to walk around in more or less the same slinky way he normally did, although with his tail to his side. Siren Bliss

panchiko
November 19th, 2020, 11:30 PM
“hey, okay, in my defense, my paws have a reason to be cold — it’s cold out here!! but nah, no cold paws here. you wish!” watching lionstar do.. whatever he was doing, spiderpaw waited until he was up close.

as he crashed into her flank, spiderpaw took the opportunity to — although somewhat disoriented by the attack — aim a smack towards lionstar’s neck. she just had to smack him back. it was her most important goal now. it was all that she was aiming to get out of this fight at the moment.... although she was still definitely going to win.

// BILL.

BEAR.
November 20th, 2020, 02:52 AM
"Do you know what figure of speeches are, Spiderpaw?"

Her paw swung for Lionstorm's neck, and he tried to duck out of the way. The angle was a little odd and he couldn't move out of the way in time, resulting in a hefty whack making him wheeze. "Stink-bug!"

Using his weight, Lionstorm moved to shove himself down against her flank. Hopefully it would knock her down, and he could use that to pin her and end this.

[ hope ]

stag
November 20th, 2020, 10:23 AM
*Charredpaw found mosspaw,the half blind tom spoke up* Mosspaw! Hi,its been a while i guess. *Charredpaw smiled,his chin scar made it look werid* You wanna spar,dont go easy on me *a voice in his head said He doesnt like you back,hes never liked you.Fake friends use you. No,Mosspaw is my friend,he thought back*

mellifluentCurator

ciitrus--fruitz
November 20th, 2020, 10:28 AM
*Charredpaw found mosspaw,the half blind tom spoke up* Mosspaw! Hi,its been a while i guess. *Charredpaw smiled,his chin scar made it look werid* You wanna spar,dont go easy on me *a voice in his head said He doesnt like you back,hes never liked you.Fake friends use you. No,Mosspaw is my friend,he thought back*

mellifluentCurator
Mosspaw smiles widely when he sees his old friend. "Hi Charredpaw, it's really been a while! I missed you!" He tapped his paws on the ground happily as he dropped into a playful fighting stance. "I'd love to spar, I really need the training."

stag
November 20th, 2020, 10:37 AM
Mosspaw smiles widely when he sees his old friend. "Hi Charredpaw, it's really been a while! I missed you!" He tapped his paws on the ground happily as he dropped into a playful fighting stance. "I'd love to spar, I really need the training."

HA same. *charredpaw got down onto the ground ready to pounce,pouncing he hoped to land to pin the other tom* I said this isn't gonna be easy,but im not holding back,im not a kit anymore. *Charredpaw laughed,being blinded by the sun he diddnt prepare to be fully blinded as he jumped*

ciitrus--fruitz
November 20th, 2020, 11:53 AM
HA same. *charredpaw got down onto the ground ready to pounce,pouncing he hoped to land to pin the other tom* I said this isn't gonna be easy,but im not holding back,im not a kit anymore. *Charredpaw laughed,being blinded by the sun he diddnt prepare to be fully blinded as he jumped*
Mosspaw sidesteps his friend's jump, who was clumsy because of the light. He quickly positions himself behind Charredpaw, still on the defensive and waiting for his moment to strike. "Don't worry, I won't be going easy either," he says with a slight smile. He has to admit, the thrill of a fight is something he would have missed as a Medicine Cat.

panchiko
November 21st, 2020, 02:49 PM
“don’t care! you’ll have all the time in the world to say all the figures of speech you know after i beat you!”

spiderpaw beamed when her paw collided with lionstar, letting out an involuntary exclamation of “HA!” bam! in his face! wooo! this was basically as good as winning.. but she had something to prove, so she couldn’t just leave it at that.

her mood was killed when lionstar shoved her, stumbling before she fell. wincing, spiderpaw was stuck in a very pin-able position, and she took a moment to breathe before attempting to wriggle away. she couldn’t lose after all of the smack talk!! nope, nah, that was not going to happen. she couldn’t let that happen. her pride couldn’t take that hit.

// BILL.

stag
November 21st, 2020, 03:31 PM
Mosspaw sidesteps his friend's jump, who was clumsy because of the light. He quickly positions himself behind Charredpaw, still on the defensive and waiting for his moment to strike. "Don't worry, I won't be going easy either," he says with a slight smile. He has to admit, the thrill of a fight is something he would have missed as a Medicine Cat.

Ah *charredpaw hit the ground,spinning back up he tried batting with his paws,claws sealthed* attack or something. *Charredpaw hissed,hoping to scared the older appertince*

ciitrus--fruitz
November 21st, 2020, 06:35 PM
Ah *charredpaw hit the ground,spinning back up he tried batting with his paws,claws sealthed* attack or something. *Charredpaw hissed,hoping to scared the older appertince*
Mosspaw isn't scared, confident that his best friend wouldn't actually hurt him. He doesn't give away his plan just yet, just waits for Charredpaw to attack him again, tail lashing with excitement.

stag
November 21st, 2020, 07:14 PM
Mosspaw isn't scared, confident that his best friend wouldn't actually hurt him. He doesn't give away his plan just yet, just waits for Charredpaw to attack him again, tail lashing with excitement.

*Charredpaw dashed forward,jumping over mosspaw,lashing his tail upwards , as he landed he kicked his hind legs trying to hit the other apprentices back and make him unbalanced* Beat that! *Now charred-paw got chocky and he laughed,lashing his tail*

ciitrus--fruitz
November 21st, 2020, 07:58 PM
*Charredpaw dashed forward,jumping over mosspaw,lashing his tail upwards , as he landed he kicked his hind legs trying to hit the other apprentices back and make him unbalanced* Beat that! *Now charred-paw got chocky and he laughed,lashing his tail*
Mosspaw watches in awe as Charredpaw leaps over him. He's so distracted that when the other apprentice kicks at him, he's knocked aside by the force of it. Mosspaw stumbles a bit, the wind partially knocked out of him. When he's fully regained his balance, he laughs, lashing his tail and dropping into his defensive crouch again.

Shade.
November 23rd, 2020, 06:28 AM
Lizardfrost's sleek black and white pelt gleamed in the sunlight as she crossed the training island, her muscles rippling under her fur. She was feeling out of shape, ever since she became a warrior. So she decided to to go to the training island to get some good exercise done.

(open)

stag
November 23rd, 2020, 06:33 AM
Lizardfrost's sleek black and white pelt gleamed in the sunlight as she crossed the training island, her muscles rippling under her fur. She was feeling out of shape, ever since she became a warrior. So she decided to to go to the training island to get some good exercise done.

(open)

*charredpaw bounced over,tripping over a rock* oof. *he had knocked thw wind out of himself. Charredpaw jumped up.* Hey LizardFrost *charredpaw hoped not to scare the warrior with his missing eye.* You up for a spar?

Shade.
November 23rd, 2020, 06:36 AM
*charredpaw bounced over,tripping over a rock* oof. *he had knocked thw wind out of himself. Charredpaw jumped up.* Hey LizardFrost *charredpaw hoped not to scare the warrior with his missing eye.* You up for a spar?

Lizardfrost turned to the very clumsy-looking apprentice. Good, an opponent. After that little fall Lizardfrost doubted that he'd be a very skilled one, but good enough.
"Yes, that's why I'm here." she mewed.

stag
November 23rd, 2020, 06:44 AM
Lizardfrost turned to the very clumsy-looking apprentice. Good, an opponent. After that little fall Lizardfrost doubted that he'd be a very skilled one, but good enough.
"Yes, that's why I'm here." she mewed.

Lets get to it. *charredpaw was going on the defendive this time,he got into a defending stance,his eye fouced on LizardFrosts paws and tail* Im ready.

Shade.
November 23rd, 2020, 07:06 AM
Lets get to it. *charredpaw was going on the defendive this time,he got into a defending stance,his eye fouced on LizardFrosts paws and tail* Im ready.

Lizardfrost dug her paws into the ground, lashed her tail and launced herself at her opponent, paws outstretched before her.

stag
November 23rd, 2020, 07:18 AM
Lizardfrost dug her paws into the ground, lashed her tail and launced herself at her opponent, paws outstretched before her.

*charredpaw ducked under her,bolting behide he waited again* really come at me like you mean it! *Charredpaw mewd happly*

Shade.
November 23rd, 2020, 07:58 AM
*charredpaw ducked under her,bolting behide he waited again* really come at me like you mean it! *Charredpaw mewd happly*

Lizardfrost spun furiously on her front paws. She ran at the apprentice, lifting her paws at the last moment and pushing herself off with her powerful back legs, aiming to slam him straight in the chest.

stag
November 23rd, 2020, 08:11 AM
Lizardfrost spun furiously on her front paws. She ran at the apprentice, lifting her paws at the last moment and pushing herself off with her powerful back legs, aiming to slam him straight in the chest.

*Charredpaw diddnt see this and was slamed across the area,falling to the ground with a thud,he got trying to catch is breath* Your gonna regret that. *Fury raged in him. Charredpaw hissed,bolting towards her and ducked under trying not to trap himself but to kick from under*

Shade.
November 23rd, 2020, 08:16 AM
*Charredpaw diddnt see this and was slamed across the area,falling to the ground with a thud,he got trying to catch is breath* Your gonna regret that. *Fury raged in him. Charredpaw hissed,bolting towards her and ducked under trying not to trap himself but to kick from under*

The muscular she cat spun around pulling away slightly to keep her belly safe. As her opponent prepared to kick her, she dropped her weight on him.

stag
November 23rd, 2020, 08:20 AM
*Charredpaw was sat on,it hurt like hell* can you get off now? *he asked batting his paws,trying to wack* Shadeleaf

Shade.
November 23rd, 2020, 01:33 PM
*Charredpaw was sat on,it hurt like hell* can you get off now? *he asked batting his paws,trying to wack* Shadeleaf

Lizardpaw considered this a victory. She pulled back from the apprentice.
"Thank you for being a decent opponent" she mewed calmly.

Bread
November 24th, 2020, 11:54 AM
Hm.

Duckbounce decided that it was about time she should take Baypaw - her apprentice - out to do some training. She had promised she'd be an awesome mentor, and she definitely wanted to live up to that. And now here they were. On the training island. The molly wasn't 100% sure if they had been out here before, so she didn't do like... a grand introduction as she would have to a new apprentice.

Nonetheless, it was training time! "Oi! Oi! So... remember how you showed me those moves before? Yeah, ok, so now I can teach you more practical and useful moves!! How exciting is that? I bet you're pretty excited, aha!"

// Puddle~

vellichor
November 25th, 2020, 10:44 PM
// totally didn't realize it'd been this long, m sorry :heartbounce:

dayheart had dragged a little behind, and it took him a few moments more than it had taken beanpaw to reach the island. once he got there, though, he went a few pawsteps away from beanie so he wouldn’t get any drip drops of water on the apprentice and shook himself off eagerly. giving beanie a smile, he started. “so!! hiii!” pause. “do you, like, have any already existing knowledge or stuff or are we startin’ from scratch? just gotta, like, know, y’know. for reference and stuff. not that it makes a difference because it sort of does but it isn’t like, a bad difference if you do know stuff already or if you don’t know or if you might know or if you aren’t sure if you know but if you know it can help but if you don’t know then that’s 100% okay!!”

Beanpaw
________

"Uh... I’ve learned a little with Evening...something....? And I did the warrior’s den raid thing! And the apprentice den raid thing... oh! And the WindClan practice raid thing! And, I got beaten up by another apprentice. Sorrelpaw! Yeah. So... yeah, I guess so." Huh, he hadn’t realized he’d been involved in so much. His stomach began doing flips as he realized that Dayheart had to be in on his little, secret, to be able to train him. "Uh... Dayheart? I, I think you should, know somethin...." His voice trailed off. He liked Dayheart a lot! He really did. But this was... this was something he held close to him. "I... I don’thaveanyfrontclaws"

BEAR.
November 26th, 2020, 08:16 PM
“don’t care! you’ll have all the time in the world to say all the figures of speech you know after i beat you!”

spiderpaw beamed when her paw collided with lionstar, letting out an involuntary exclamation of “HA!” bam! in his face! wooo! this was basically as good as winning.. but she had something to prove, so she couldn’t just leave it at that.

her mood was killed when lionstar shoved her, stumbling before she fell. wincing, spiderpaw was stuck in a very pin-able position, and she took a moment to breathe before attempting to wriggle away. she couldn’t lose after all of the smack talk!! nope, nah, that was not going to happen. she couldn’t let that happen. her pride couldn’t take that hit.

// BILL.
"You think you're going to beat me?" It was almost laughable! Lionstar was an absolute badass, at least in his eyes, he couldn't lose to some mere apprentice.

He huffed as she wiggled around on the ground, and he reached to pin her down, planning on pressing down with his weight to make it harder to get back up. "I think you've lost, Bugling." If she was pinned, this was over.

panchiko
November 27th, 2020, 02:57 PM
Beanpaw
________

"Uh... I’ve learned a little with Evening...something....? And I did the warrior’s den raid thing! And the apprentice den raid thing... oh! And the WindClan practice raid thing! And, I got beaten up by another apprentice. Sorrelpaw! Yeah. So... yeah, I guess so." Huh, he hadn’t realized he’d been involved in so much. His stomach began doing flips as he realized that Dayheart had to be in on his little, secret, to be able to train him. "Uh... Dayheart? I, I think you should, know somethin...." His voice trailed off. He liked Dayheart a lot! He really did. But this was... this was something he held close to him. "I... I don’thaveanyfrontclaws"

dayheart listened to beanie list thing after thing, smiling. that was a lot of training! look at beanie go! he was learning so much stuffs, the lil smartie. what a role model!! “oo! eveninglight? i know them! .. knew!” it’d been a couple of moons since he’d seen her around. oh well. “that’s a lotta training, though! that’s good!! nice!” he commented, pausing as beanpaw spoke. “m? what’s up?” dayheart replied, giving beanie a convivial smile. once beanpaw talked, dayheart nodded.

“oh! ‘s okay! you’re gonna beat people -- and me, probably -- up real good anyway!” dayheart reassured, aiming a couple of pats at beanpaw’s head. he believed in beanie! he could do it! it might take a lil bit more work, but beanpaw was totally awesome and dayheart was pretty sure the apprentice could do literally anything. for all he knew, beanie could fly. he wouldn’t be surprised! the dude was skilled in all aspects, and he was going to be a skilled fighter too! dayheart just knew it!

“come at me! hit me with your best moves! let’s see how you do — you got this!! wooo!”
// :heartbounce:

panchiko
November 27th, 2020, 03:08 PM
"You think you're going to beat me?" It was almost laughable! Lionstar was an absolute badass, at least in his eyes, he couldn't lose to some mere apprentice.

He huffed as she wiggled around on the ground, and he reached to pin her down, planning on pressing down with his weight to make it harder to get back up. "I think you've lost, Bugling." If she was pinned, this was over.

“duh!! if not, then that just means you’ve been teachin’ me badly!” because that was totally how this worked.

aaaaa. she was stuckkkk. lionstar had her pinned and was adding extra weight to keep her down, and all she was doing — all she was able to do, to be fair — was flail and wriggle around in futile attempts to get herself out of this. okay, so maybe she’d been cocky, but.. lionstar had probably cheated. she just had to figure out how, and then she could claim victory. there was no way lionstar had properly won, right?? well, it made sense if he had,,,, and spiderpaw knew deep down that he probably had won legally,,, but she didn’t want to believe that, so she mentally accused him of cheating.

“maybe this time, ....cat! but. . . i’ll get you next time! just you wait! you’re goin’ down!”

spiderpaw would not rest until she won. lionstar had better watch his back!! he might’ve won this time, but she’d be back, and he’d totally lose. there was no way she would lose to lionstar a second time.

~dust~
November 28th, 2020, 09:55 PM
Lotuspaw sat down her pelt ruffling in the wind. Leaf-bare was close.
She looked around splashleap had called her for some training so far she had been more active in her life then her mentor.
Hello splashleap! How are you?
She was happy. Hopefully she would be good at swimming. gs29513

Puddle~
November 29th, 2020, 07:32 PM
Bread

Practically fluttering around as they walked, it was obvious that Baypaw was excited to finally be receiving some training. With a few more hops, they leaped the small stream near the training island, feet pressing down into the warm sand. Cool! They were finally here!

Wiggling from the excitement, they tried their best to sit still as Duckbounce explained what they'd be doing. Wait, more practical and useful? Baypaw frowned. Hmph. "I mean, yeah, I'm super duper hyped, but I thought you said the moves I showed you were already awesome! How could a normal old move that everyone else already uses beat that?"

Starfall
November 29th, 2020, 09:57 PM
Gentlethunder
wnder

The Tom hopped up on the incline, ears twitching as he heard the crunch of snow beneath his paws. He let out a puff of air and watched as it evaporated in front of him. "I don't plan on pulling any blows, still wanna spar?" the Warrior asked, swiveling so he was walking backwards, a grin on his face. His bones had been aching, and he needed to do something. He hadn't been fighting, hadn't been training. He was becoming a useless slob lazing around the camp. As much as he loved naps he didn't like only napping.

"What should the rules be? First one who gives up looses of course, and how about whoever falls in the water?" he offered, quirking an eyebrow. The water was freezing, but he'd find it hilarious. Even if it was him. Good way to wake up too.

duckie
November 30th, 2020, 08:52 AM
Sootstar

"I won't be going easy on you either, bud." he shot back with a smile. It felt good to be out here again. Ever since Lionstorm resigned, his days had been spent wrapped up in all sorts of administrative tasks and it was about time he stretched his legs.

"Sounds good to me. Hope you're ready for a dip."

[ Starfall ]

Bread
November 30th, 2020, 07:33 PM
"Oh! Yeah! Uh-huh! Yup! Yep! Those moves were CERTAINLY great! Oah, your moves! They're like, like the fish to the water! O, O, O!" Or the kaj to the frog! "But don't ya' want to learn some real moves too? So that's why we're here! You'll be able to, uh, refine your moves when you learn these! Yup, yup!" She looked down at the apprentice and beamed at them. The warrior hoped they understood. If not, it was fine; she hid it well enough.

// Puddle~

BEAR.
December 1st, 2020, 03:38 PM
Lionstar let out a huff of laughter as he released her. "We'll see how you fare next time, bug. You did pretty well for someone with minimal training.. I'm looking forward to it."

He beckoned her to join him as he headed back to camp.

[ hope, ending this one here ]

Puddle~
December 2nd, 2020, 08:21 PM
Bread

Baypaw wasn't buying it. They knew Duckbounce didn't think their moves were cool enough. But they did want that training, so they'd just have to deal with it. "Hmph. Ok, fine. I guess I want that training." They tried their best to make their voice sound as uninterested as possible, but it was obvious they were getting all excited again. The corners of their mouth kept twitching as they tried not to break into a smile, when they finally couldn't take it anymore. A big grin erupted onto their face and they started bouncing in place like an overexcited kit. "Show me the moves!!!"

~dust~
December 3rd, 2020, 07:58 PM
Blazeclaw padded onto training island.
He was excited! He was finally trying an apprentice who wasn’t blind. He smiled at the young-cat and then meowed
Hello spiderpaw my name is Blazeclaw I’m going to teach you some battle training. Of course it’s chilly out but that’ll be fine. If you’d like I can teach you some shadowclan moves I learned when I trained there awhile ago.
He chuckled it felt like seasons ago when he was trying in shadowclan or when he was in the thunderclan nursery with his littermates.
Then smiling at the cat and shivering he meowed
Shall we get started? hope

Starfall
December 5th, 2020, 09:18 PM
Gentlethunder
wnder

The Warrior chortled. "Incredibly confident. I won't tell anybody when you fall on your behind." he hummed, shifting his weight. Brushing the sand away as he positioned himself in an attack stance. "I vote whoever looses has to eat a toad as well as take a dip in the water."

After a few moments the burly tom lunged forwards, aiming for the Leader's back. At the moment, his first task was to try and knock Sootstar over. The second you make your opponent loose balance, you've basically won.

panchiko
December 7th, 2020, 10:58 AM
Blazeclaw padded onto training island.
He was excited! He was finally trying an apprentice who wasn’t blind. He smiled at the young-cat and then meowed
Hello spiderpaw my name is Blazeclaw I’m going to teach you some battle training. Of course it’s chilly out but that’ll be fine. If you’d like I can teach you some shadowclan moves I learned when I trained there awhile ago.
He chuckled it felt like seasons ago when he was trying in shadowclan or when he was in the thunderclan nursery with his littermates.
Then smiling at the cat and shivering he meowed
Shall we get started? hope

spiderpaw was determined. she’d been defeated a whole one time by lionstorm, and that was unacceptable! no, no, she had to beat him right back. what better way than getting some training on the side by a nice, cool warrior? spiderpaw appreciated blazeclaw’s help. and shadowclan moves?? those sounded cool. spiderpaw was sure they’d come in handy when beating up lionbutt. looking up, she smiled right back at blazeclaw, eager to learn some new stuffs. “hiii blazeclaw!” the apprentice greeted. should they get started? “yes yes yes!” she was all ready! “let’s start!” chilly out? spiderpaw barely felt the cold through her excitement.

~dust~
December 7th, 2020, 07:37 PM
spiderpaw was determined. she’d been defeated a whole one time by lionstorm, and that was unacceptable! no, no, she had to beat him right back. what better way than getting some training on the side by a nice, cool warrior? spiderpaw appreciated blazeclaw’s help. and shadowclan moves?? those sounded cool. spiderpaw was sure they’d come in handy when beating up lionbutt. looking up, she smiled right back at blazeclaw, eager to learn some new stuffs. “hiii blazeclaw!” the apprentice greeted. should they get started? “yes yes yes!” she was all ready! “let’s start!” chilly out? spiderpaw barely felt the cold through her excitement.
He liked her determination and grinned then his eyes focusing he let out a low battle growl. He sprang foward to the she-cat and if he lands he bit (gently her leg so she would fall)
If he doesn’t miss or land he headbutts her pelt.
If he misses he springs head first on the ground.

panchiko
December 12th, 2020, 10:51 AM
He liked her determination and grinned then his eyes focusing he let out a low battle growl. He sprang foward to the she-cat and if he lands he bit (gently her leg so she would fall)
If he doesn’t miss or land he headbutts her pelt.
If he misses he springs head first on the ground.

okay, so maybe she’d said she was ready, but she wasn’t really ready as she watched blazeclaw spring towards her. panicking, spiderpaw paused for just a split second, trying to think. she managed to slip out of the way, but didn’t have time to prepare for the headbutt he’d sent her way and winced at the impact. catching her breath, spiderpaw lunged at the warrior, hoping to land a smack somewhere near his face or shoulders.

~dust~
December 12th, 2020, 08:21 PM
okay, so maybe she’d said she was ready, but she wasn’t really ready as she watched blazeclaw spring towards her. panicking, spiderpaw paused for just a split second, trying to think. she managed to slip out of the way, but didn’t have time to prepare for the headbutt he’d sent her way and winced at the impact. catching her breath, spiderpaw lunged at the warrior, hoping to land a smack somewhere near his face or shoulders.

As she hit his face he winched backing up,
Then he spun up and tried to nip her leg again to fall.
If he doesn’t miss or hit he back up behind her bitting her tail.
If he misses he lays down belly first.

duckie
December 13th, 2020, 08:33 PM
Sootstar

The grey and white tom only smirked in response, steadying his stance in preparation for what was to come. Gentlethunder's main goal was likely to be getting him to the ground - either to pin him or send him tumbling. Instead of ducking out of the way as Gentle charged, Sootstar held his ground, only tucking into a roll when he felt the warrior's paws beginning to brush his fur. Hopefully, that would be enough to make him miss his mark and land scrambling into the dirt.

[ Starfall ]

panchiko
December 15th, 2020, 10:04 PM
As she hit his face he winched backing up,
Then he spun up and tried to nip her leg again to fall.
If he doesn’t miss or hit he back up behind her bitting her tail.
If he misses he lays down belly first.

this time, spiderpaw wasn’t able to dodge, and slipped as blazeclaw nipped at her leg. letting out a tiny “owch”, she lay for a second, catching her breath. her footing was unstable as she tried to scamper up to her paws quickly, and she stumbled for a second before standing up. she had to win. she couldn’t lose to two cats in a row — that’d be unacceptable. sure, losing was learning or something like that, but she’d learned enough from one loss and didn’t need another one. sure, it wasn’t in her control, and … she did absolutely suck, but!!! whatever!! it didn’t need to make sense! just because spiderpaw had no chance at winning didn’t mean she couldn’t win! and even if it did mean that, spiderpaw… was choosing to believe that she was totally going to win.

with newfound determination, the darkly colored apprentice took a few steps to the side before lunging towards blazeclaw, hoping to land .. somewhere on his back maybe? if that didn’t work out, maybe she could turn it into a body slam … or she’d just end up falling flat and probably getting hurt in the problem. whatever would happen, spiderpaw was willing to take that risk!

Bread
December 16th, 2020, 09:56 AM
Duckbounce nodded. "Aha! Good choice! Alright, so, first up, we have..." She squinted. What was a good first move that she could show? The warrior casually shrugged though and just told the first move that appeared in her [small] mind. "We have 'play dead!'" Ok, fine. This wasn't a 'move,' or something exciting, but it was a tactic more. LIke. be dead when enemy or opponent attacks. "This speaks for itself, hopefully! Play, dead!" She said it as if being dead was exciting, but it was far from that, and plus it was a battle move. "You try!" She mewed.

// Puddle~

panchiko
December 17th, 2020, 10:37 AM
She nodded, equally eager but trying to stay composed. Emphasis on trying. Her body felt like it was going to explode with emotions, and she didn't exactly know how she felt about this new mentor. She'd liked her old one, but she was sure she'd like this one too.

that.. that was a yes! right? dayheart was pretty sure that was a yes, and he was glad. “great!” the calico exclaimed, beaming before he led the way over to the training island. training in the clearing.. might be a little awkward, y’know? so.. now that he was done with step one, dayheart had no idea what the other steps to his plan were. did he just wing it? winging it was the only thing dayheart could think of, so he’d do that!

after reaching the training island, he shook his pelt off, a little exerted by the swim to the island. turning to look over his shoulder, he made sure amberpaw was there. “ah. so.. fighting! i guess you can just.. come at me. show me what you got?? i’m sure you’ve ‘got’ lots o’ nice skills, but, y’know, just so i’m aware of what ya know and what ya don’t!” that was logical, right? he hoped chatting with eelpaw had made him saner and smarter, because his first impression on amberpaw sort of kind of mattered to dayheart and he didn’t want to come off terribly.

“so!! you can go for it whenever you’re ready!”

Puddle~
December 17th, 2020, 03:44 PM
Bread

Baypaw gave out an audible huff. What kind of lame-ass move was this? "Hey! I thought the moves were supposed to be cool or whatever!" They were grumpy, as clearly displayed by their overly exaggerated expression, but they were going to do the move anyway. Maybe this was just a test to see if they could follow the directions, and then they'd get onto the real deal. Flopping down onto the ground, they shut their eyes and stuck out their tongue, allowing themself to go limp, as if they were dead. The stillness didn't last extremely long, however, for once they were down there and had their eyes closed, the only thing in front of them was their thoughts. And in their thoughts, came up the vision of what they'd just done. Flop down. Flop. Flippy floppy flip flop. Like a fish. They couldn't help but giggle a little. A dead giveaway that they weren't... well, really dead. Of course, Duckbounce probably knew that, but if this had been a real test to see how well they could play dead in battle, they would've failed. Maybe they needed to get a bit more serious about all this battle training stuff.

Sklee
December 18th, 2020, 10:32 PM
that.. that was a yes! right? dayheart was pretty sure that was a yes, and he was glad. “great!” the calico exclaimed, beaming before he led the way over to the training island. training in the clearing.. might be a little awkward, y’know? so.. now that he was done with step one, dayheart had no idea what the other steps to his plan were. did he just wing it? winging it was the only thing dayheart could think of, so he’d do that!

after reaching the training island, he shook his pelt off, a little exerted by the swim to the island. turning to look over his shoulder, he made sure amberpaw was there. “ah. so.. fighting! i guess you can just.. come at me. show me what you got?? i’m sure you’ve ‘got’ lots o’ nice skills, but, y’know, just so i’m aware of what ya know and what ya don’t!” that was logical, right? he hoped chatting with eelpaw had made him saner and smarter, because his first impression on amberpaw sort of kind of mattered to dayheart and he didn’t want to come off terribly.

“so!! you can go for it whenever you’re ready!”

She nodded. At least this mentor would probably be more available for training then her last one. She started to lunge at him. It was about all she knew, contrary to his assumption.

panchiko
December 21st, 2020, 01:00 PM
She nodded. At least this mentor would probably be more available for training then her last one. She started to lunge at him. It was about all she knew, contrary to his assumption.

a lunge! that was nice. dayheart slipped away from the attack, nodding his head in approval. “nice!” he commented, thinking for a second. he’d let amberpaw keep on taking their best shot at him and using their instincts to combat him for a bit more before actually teaching them something. after all, he wanted to see what they could do! test their limits! he wouldn’t be able to do that if he was busy boringly teaching them how to hit someone correctly and correct smacking posture ... if that was a thing? putting his focus back on the training, dayheart took a few pawsteps towards the apprentice before aiming a jab at amberpaw’s shoulder.

Sklee
December 21st, 2020, 06:38 PM
a lunge! that was nice. dayheart slipped away from the attack, nodding his head in approval. “nice!” he commented, thinking for a second. he’d let amberpaw keep on taking their best shot at him and using their instincts to combat him for a bit more before actually teaching them something. after all, he wanted to see what they could do! test their limits! he wouldn’t be able to do that if he was busy boringly teaching them how to hit someone correctly and correct smacking posture ... if that was a thing? putting his focus back on the training, dayheart took a few pawsteps towards the apprentice before aiming a jab at amberpaw’s shoulder.

She felt the jab, but it didn’t really hurt. She turned towards him and quickly swiped, making sure her claws were sheathed. She wasn’t doing a repeat of what Glowpaw did.

Reptilian Cabinets
December 31st, 2020, 11:44 AM
{ Shimm-Noel-It-All }

"Whatever, and yes you do scream." CloudyHeart mewed and looked back at the overgrown kit. "Now stop pouting, if you're going to be a good warrior you don't pout." They mewed, the words getting harsher as they finish the sentence. "What did your nutjob of a mentor teach you before leaving?" The chunky cat found a place to sit on the side to watch this oaf try to do some fighting moves. The white and brown cat waited to see if Drizzlepaw would fall on her face, that sure would make his day better!

Starfall
January 1st, 2021, 11:48 PM
Gentlethunder
wnder

The Calliby let out a hiss as he slid forwards, missing the Leader. Skiddin near the edge, close to the water, the burly feline swiveled on his heels and grinned. Tail lashing behind him. To be perfectly honest, he needed this kind of training. He knew how to deal with big and tough Shadowclan warriors, dense Thunderclanners. He could overpower them and stand his ground against the physical attacks. However he struggled most with the fast felines. The ones who could easily dodge his attacks and weave around him.

He wasn't saying Sootstar wasn't strong, he was just saying that his leader was just a little more nimble than he himself was. Licking his scarred maw Gentlethunder lurched forwards once more. This time trying once again to knock him off balance. He had a different plan in mind this time. He wasn't putting all of his weight into his running, so if need be he could swivel around and strike with his paw at a much faster rate. He just needed to wait and see what the Tom would do.

Madelaine
January 9th, 2021, 08:47 AM
Heronflight padded to the training island to wait for Flyfur to join her in a battle practice. She was nervous that she was going to mess things up, but that wouldn't stop her. She needed to practice in case of a raid. It could happen with the tension of Shadowclan. Plus the other cat said they needed to practice as well. Heronflight sat down, keeping her good eye ahead of her.

[ Rainquail; ]

Abyssopelagic
January 9th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Flyfur soon made her way to the Trainimg Island, following after Heronflight.
It would do her some good to get some practice in. She could never let another clanmate die again, not if she can be better. Not if she can protect them.
She lifted her head once she had reached the island, ears perked.
"Heronflight?"

Funtime Foxy

jayfeather21
January 9th, 2021, 11:02 PM
"so! how do I do the mis-leading blow?" Otterpaw asked Mothsky
The Flying Pizza

The Flying Pizza
January 9th, 2021, 11:07 PM
jayfeather21

"I'll show you." she quickly dashed at her apprentice, aiming for his chest, but quickly darted to the left and made the blow to his paws, trying to trip him.

jayfeather21
January 9th, 2021, 11:33 PM
otterpaw being so slick on his feet ovoided tripping and slid around to look at mothsky "oh, was i suupose to let you trip me?" he asked {Otterpaw had an odd ability to almost slid around like an eel or otter!}
The Flying Pizza

The Flying Pizza
January 9th, 2021, 11:36 PM
(XD) jayfeather21

"No. That was just a demonstration." Mothsky replied, smiling.

jayfeather21
January 9th, 2021, 11:40 PM
"ok, so like this?" he slid left but not moving his back paws then going right and tapping mothsky on the shoulder
The Flying Pizza

The Flying Pizza
January 9th, 2021, 11:42 PM
jayfeather21

"Sort of. The main point is trying to make your opponent that you're going for something else." she smiled. "But good try, Otterpaw."

jayfeather21
January 9th, 2021, 11:45 PM
Otterpaw nodded then tried again heading for mothsky. He Jabbed at her chest not hurting her though then streched out his long back leg and pushed hers back trying to catch her of balence
The Flying Pizza

The Flying Pizza
January 9th, 2021, 11:50 PM
jayfeather21

Mothsky smiled as she lost her balance. She wasn't angry, just happy to have the chance to teach somebody. She laughed and got back up to her paws. "Keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it." she suggested.

jayfeather21
January 9th, 2021, 11:54 PM
"Really?!" Otterpaw asked as she got up "I thought It would be very hard!" he said then he turred and practiced the move on an invible cat plesure fueling him.
The Flying Pizza

The Flying Pizza
January 9th, 2021, 11:59 PM
jayfeather21

Mothsky watched her apprentice for a while before meowing, "Alright, time to end the session for today, Otterpaw."

jayfeather21
January 10th, 2021, 12:01 AM
"awww! Do you have warrior stuff to do?" he said stopping and turnning to his mentor "ooh! if it is can I come?" otterpaw asked eagerly
The Flying Pizza

The Flying Pizza
January 10th, 2021, 12:02 AM
jayfeather21

"It is, but I can't take you with me this time. Things seem stressful a bit.." she shook her head. "Another time."

jayfeather21
January 10th, 2021, 12:05 AM
"oh-kay. But will you tell me what it is at least?" he pleaded leading the way back to camp {how old is mothsky?}
The Flying Pizza

The Flying Pizza
January 10th, 2021, 12:10 AM
(I usually forget since I'm too lazy to make character pages so I did for Mothsky so she's 25 moons..if I can recall) jayfeather21

"No, Otterpaw. It's something you apprentices should know. You have a long path until you're a warrior and I don't want to feel guilty for being a bad mentor." she shook her head.

jayfeather21
January 10th, 2021, 12:16 AM
Otterpaw huffed "It's like anything you do without me has to be a secret, and you are the best mentor in riverclan. Everyone knows it but you, so cheer up!" he said "you don't have to be cooped up in camp when your mentor dose stuff." he said under his breath "so, are you going alone on this expedition?" he asked
The Flying Pizza

The Flying Pizza
January 10th, 2021, 12:19 AM
@jayfeather21 (http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/member.php?u=13304)

"Otterpw, I'm not trying to hide things from you, but this secret is important for me to not share. I have to visit a family member..who isn't.." she stopped there.

jayfeather21
January 10th, 2021, 12:25 AM
Otterpaw's ear flattened and his eyes went wide "I didn't think it was like that. . ." he trailed off he had thought i was like warrior-only patrol or something he kept quiet until he was back in camp. . . {next rp will be in riverclan camp. . . i'll @ ya}
The Flying Pizza

Madelaine
January 10th, 2021, 02:13 AM
Heronflight looked up with her good eye as she heard her name get called. She was starting to get a bit excited. It had been so long since she fought. She knew this wasn't a real one which made this all the more fun. "Over here!", she called. Heronflight had her lower eye looking at the ground. It was good to be able to see two different things even if that meant having a deformity. She was beautiful in her own way.

[ Rainquail; ]

Abyssopelagic
January 10th, 2021, 03:54 AM
Flyfur trotted over to Heronflight, stopping a tail length away from her. She hadn't noticed the other molly being different until now, with her eyes being at different heights.
Huh, well, she was still appreciated as a clanmate, deformity or no.
"No claws, no teeth. Anything else?"
She was eager to get started.

Funtime Foxy

Bread
January 13th, 2021, 07:57 PM
Duckbounce's brows furrowed. "Hey! What do you mean? These ARE cool!!" smh The molly scoffed before waddling back a bit. "Good job though! Just... don't laugh or break form in a real situation! So whatever caused you to laugh, don't think about it! Or, at least try not to think about it. Okay?" She couldn't help but laugh at that.

"ANYWAYS! Onto the next move! FRONT PAW BLOW! This one's pretty cool!" As the warrior named the move, she lightly and gently brought her paw down on Baypaw's head, 100% no harm was done, unless for some reason they decided to jump up. Then they would hit their head - but that was highly unlikely and wouldn't be the brightest move. Though that was a lot coming from Duckbounce, who would have probably done that if Salmonsong did that with her training. "This is where you take your paw and bonk it down hard on your opponent's head! So, like what I did, but just stronger!!" The tabby decided to demonstrate again - but on the air - just incase Baypaw blinked or something and didn't see it before.

// Puddle~ - hsjhsk really sorry for the late late late reply (つд`)

Madelaine
January 15th, 2021, 10:59 PM
Heronflight was ready for this. Perhaps she should make the first attack. The molly shook her head. "No that sounds about right. Good Luck.", she meowed, flashing a smile. She kept her good eye focused on the molly. She sprung on her hunches and jumped at Flyfur, keeping her claws sheathed she attempted to knock her in the ribs, making sure she didn't do it too hard. Her fur bristled with pure excitement. She sure missed this.

[ Rainquail; ]

The Flying Pizza
January 17th, 2021, 10:08 PM
jayfeather21

Mothsky stopped as she looked at her apprentice. She didn't know what she could teach him. She was still thinking.

jayfeather21
January 18th, 2021, 12:30 AM
Otterpaw practiceted the moves from the last battle training sesion
The Flying Pizza

The Flying Pizza
January 18th, 2021, 01:37 AM
jayfeather21

Mothsky watched, sighing. She didn't want to tell Otterpaw why she was so quiet.

jayfeather21
January 18th, 2021, 01:40 AM
otterpaw rolled on his belly batting at mothsky's whiskers "c'mon let's train!"
The Flying Pizza

The Flying Pizza
January 18th, 2021, 01:54 AM
jayfeather21

Mothsky nodded, barley paying attention.

jayfeather21
January 18th, 2021, 02:00 AM
"hellooo?! Earth to mothsky?"
The Flying Pizza

The Flying Pizza
January 18th, 2021, 06:04 PM
jayfeather21

Mothsky finally snapped back to reality. "Huh?..Oh..sorry, Otterpaw.." she mewed.

jayfeather21
January 18th, 2021, 06:49 PM
"what moves are we learning today?"
The Flying Pizza

Abyssopelagic
January 19th, 2021, 01:52 PM
Heronflight was ready for this. Perhaps she should make the first attack. The molly shook her head. "No that sounds about right. Good Luck.", she meowed, flashing a smile. She kept her good eye focused on the molly. She sprung on her hunches and jumped at Flyfur, keeping her claws sheathed she attempted to knock her in the ribs, making sure she didn't do it too hard. Her fur bristled with pure excitement. She sure missed this.

[ Rainquail; ]
((Sorry for the wait, works' been killing me))

Flyfur opened her mouth to reply something along the lines of 'good luck to you, too', but swiftly had the air punched out of her by the forced of Heronflight's blow.
They grey guard queen stumbled backwards a few steps before raising a large paw to swipe and the other mollies legs, keeping her claws sheathed.
Her ears went back and her eyes narrowed to avoid damage to them.

The Flying Pizza
January 19th, 2021, 07:57 PM
jayfeather21

Mothsky sighed. "Otterpaw, I can't honestly think like I usually do, so I'm afraid this session will have to be cut and try again soon.." she hated hurting her apprentice's feelings during this time, but it wa hard for her to thin or focus on training.

jayfeather21
January 19th, 2021, 09:14 PM
"really?" Otterpaw was heart broken "this is the third time," he wispered under his breath his sadness turned to anger, some mentors take their apprentice out every day, and some even two times a day! he looked away why couldn't his mentor just get it together?! Or at least not get his hopes up "I'll be going back to camp then," he said solemly
The Flying Pizza

Puddle~
January 22nd, 2021, 08:08 PM
Bread

Sitting back up, Baypaw stuck out their tongue briefly. Hmph! Of course they knew that they shouldn't be laughing in a real battle situation, but this was just training, so why did it matter so much? Oh well. Listening to the next move, their excitement level shot up a little. Front paw blow sounded a whole lot cooler than playing dead! Of course, their spinning kick and tumbling whirl-kicker were so much cooler sounding, but this was ok.

They were so busy bubbling away with excitement that they were caught off guard when Duckbounce demonstrated the move - on them! "AAAA!! What are you doing?!!" However, when the warrior's paw tapped gently on their head, they frowned. Oh. "Hmph! What was that for?!" They knew what it was for - demonstration. But couldn't she have done it on like a rock or something? Eh. It was ok. "Ok, ok, I get it! My turn now!" With a grin, the light apprentice raised a paw high up in the air and slammed it down as hard as possible. It struck the ground, sending up a cloud of dusty sand, and they squealed with excitement. If that was an opponent, they'd surely have stood no chance!!!

Madelaine
January 23rd, 2021, 04:48 AM
Heronflight kept her good eye on the molly. Her lower eye was able to catch her trying to hit her legs. The molly quickly moved to the side and shoved at the mollies side, right near the ribs, hoping it connected. She was wanting to make the Flyfur winded. Heronflight moved along waiting for her next move.

[ Rainquail; ]

Madelaine
January 23rd, 2021, 04:53 AM
Heronflight moved along to the training island to meet with Kesterlwing. She was hoping for this cat to put up a fight. She didn't want no one going easy on her. They just had to watch out as her lower eye was able to catch movement below. Heronflight padded over to the warrior. "Okay rules are simple. No claws no teeth. It's just practice.", she meowed.

The molly already knew that this cat knew the rules. She just wanted to make sure they remembered. Heronflight didn't want any accidents to happen. They might get in trouble if claws or teeth slips. She couldn't afford to get into trouble.

[ spade; ]

duckie
January 23rd, 2021, 09:26 AM
Sootstar

"I'm sorry it's been a moment since our last training session," the leader began as he led Palepaw and Eelpaw out to the training island, "But that's just all the more reason to get going quickly, hm?"

Reaching the center of the island, Sootstar whipped around to face his apprentices, "Show me what you know about fighting. Right here, right now - double time, let's go!"

[ Arie Rainquail ]

Abyssopelagic
January 23rd, 2021, 11:53 AM
With a jolt of childish glee, Flyfur steeled herself, but as she stepped into a normal position after a swipe, she pushed herself right into Heronflight's shove to her ribs.
The spot was a little sore, but nothing she couldn't shrug off, even if her next few breaths came out as little gasps. A wild grin spread across her face. This would be fun.
Forgetting herself, she feigned a swipe to the other mollies shoulder and prepared to ram into her, looking to wedge her shoulder under her and push upwards. With her size, it wouldn't be too difficult unless she managed to dodge.
Angelique

Palepaw followed after Sootstar, carefully placing her paws where the patch coloured tom had placed his feet, both to check her own growth and to avoid any possible pokey patches.
Surely, if the leader was willing to step there, it was also safe for her?
Once they reached the Training Island, though, she broke into a sprint and dashed ahead of the other two before slowing to a trot and turning back to Sootstar and Eelpaw.
wnder Arie

spade
January 23rd, 2021, 03:13 PM
♠ Kestrelwing ♠

"Oh boo. How so traditional of you," Kestrelwing replied as Heronflight explained the rules. He'd agreed to come out to spar simply to hone in on his own skills, but if claws weren't allowed... Perhaps it would just have to be enough to beat her without them. That would give him satisfaction.

Yellow eyes narrowing, the tom dropped down into a crouch, slinking away from Heronflight and beginning to circle her, stopping just off to her left. He waited patiently to see if she'd end up striking first, in which case he would be ready.

Time for some excitement.

[ smh i keep forgetting to mention people in my replies l o l Angelique ]

Arie
January 24th, 2021, 04:39 AM
-- wnder Rainquail --

Okay okay okay. Finally they were going to learn something useful, or at least that what Eelpaw was hoping. He wasn't the best fighter. He had barely managed to learn any fighting skills truth be told, outside of throwing up on your enemy after being thrown around, which thereby proved that he suffered from motion sickness. So when Sootstar asked them both to attack him, all Eelpaw could do was stand there, dumbfounded. It wasn't smart that he'd never learned to fight, but that blame couldn't be placed entirely on him... or well it could but it also could not.

How were you useful when you didn't know how to fight? But... would it be bad if he asked what to do? Or should he just do whatever he deemed was the correct thing to do? Probably the second thing, but this created another dilemma inside the apprentice's head. Should he just, attack? Like run? and attack? Or should he stalk like how he stalked prey? Not knowing what to do, he continued to just stand there and stare at Sootstar like an idiot.

Maybe... the first option would work? Deciding to abandon all care, he just tried. No one could be faulted for trying could they? and so he rushed at Sootsar, trying his best as he attempted to just, swipe? away the leader's legs.

spade
January 25th, 2021, 09:52 PM
➳ Kestrelwing

Was this his punishment for his explosive blowout in camp? Did those dead cats hate him so much that instead of actually giving him an apprentice, they were just taunting him with training someone elses? Whatever the reason behind it, Kestrelwing stalked the frosty terrain, tail lashing a bit as he turned to face his companion. "Alright. Swimming and battling. Two things any RiverClanner should excel at, especially when combining the two." His tone was flat as he glanced at the small stream beside him. He couldn't imaging ever come across such a small body of water during a battle, but it would do for now.

"What all have you learned in regards to the two? Anything at all?"

// Lionblaze2008

shaae_26
January 26th, 2021, 10:17 AM
➳ Kestrelwing

Was this his punishment for his explosive blowout in camp? Did those dead cats hate him so much that instead of actually giving him an apprentice, they were just taunting him with training someone elses? Whatever the reason behind it, Kestrelwing stalked the frosty terrain, tail lashing a bit as he turned to face his companion. "Alright. Swimming and battling. Two things any RiverClanner should excel at, especially when combining the two." His tone was flat as he glanced at the small stream beside him. He couldn't imaging ever come across such a small body of water during a battle, but it would do for now.

"What all have you learned in regards to the two? Anything at all?"

// Lionblaze2008
"I've never done either." Jaggedpaw informed the cat.

spade
January 26th, 2021, 05:15 PM
➳ Kestrelwing

Of course. What was up with the warriors of RiverClan not training their apprentices on even the basics. "Alright then. We'll start with the basics. Come here." He motioned with his tail for Jaggedpaw to follow up to the shoreline. Stepping into the stream, feeling the water rush over his paws, calmed him for a moment. If only he could just stay here... "Now, for swimming, the most important thing is keeping your feet churning," he stated, swinging his paw in the air to demonstrate. Wading in a bit further until the water came up to his shoulders, he pretended to sink lower in order to bring his feet up. "Just pretend you're running - pushing off the ground with your paws."
Lionblaze2008

Madelaine
January 27th, 2021, 04:41 AM
Heronflight was really starting to feel it. It was good to practice after being dead for so long. There was no need to fight in Starclan. It was always peaceful. The black and white tuxedo felt Flyfur ram right into her shoulder. She looked at her with her lower eye and dodged to the side. her shoulder hurt a bit, but nothing too major. Heronflight ran fast to the mollies side and tried to aim blows at the other cats head.

[ Rainquail; ]

shaae_26
January 27th, 2021, 07:47 AM
➳ Kestrelwing

Of course. What was up with the warriors of RiverClan not training their apprentices on even the basics. "Alright then. We'll start with the basics. Come here." He motioned with his tail for Jaggedpaw to follow up to the shoreline. Stepping into the stream, feeling the water rush over his paws, calmed him for a moment. If only he could just stay here... "Now, for swimming, the most important thing is keeping your feet churning," he stated, swinging his paw in the air to demonstrate. Wading in a bit further until the water came up to his shoulders, he pretended to sink lower in order to bring his feet up. "Just pretend you're running - pushing off the ground with your paws."
Lionblaze2008
Jaggedpaw nodded and he began treading water. "Like this?" He asked.

spade
January 27th, 2021, 07:45 PM
➳ Kestrelwing

Observing the tom as he began to tread water, Kestrelwing nodded in agreement, circling him in the water to get a view from all angels. "You can use your tail too, if there's enough strength, to act as a propeller in combination with your legs." To demonstrate, the gray tabby sunk lower into the water and swam a bit ahead, using his tail in a sweeping motion under water to aide in his swimming.

// Lionblaze2008

Madelaine
January 27th, 2021, 11:56 PM
Heronflight looked at him. She knew they were boring rules, but she thought Sootstar and the medicine cats would appreciate them going back to camp with scratch and claw marks. Plus she was just starting to show her place here in Riverclan again. There was nothing to stop her from showing her loyalty.

The molly didn't say anything she just began to circle around the other cat a couple of times. Then all of a sudden like lightening she darted out towards him. She was attempting to head butt him right in the chest. If it hit she would aim a blow at his front legs to knock him down.

[ spade; ]

shaae_26
January 28th, 2021, 06:29 AM
➳ Kestrelwing

Observing the tom as he began to tread water, Kestrelwing nodded in agreement, circling him in the water to get a view from all angels. "You can use your tail too, if there's enough strength, to act as a propeller in combination with your legs." To demonstrate, the gray tabby sunk lower into the water and swam a bit ahead, using his tail in a sweeping motion under water to aide in his swimming.

// Lionblaze2008
Jaggedpaw tried the same, but he was splashing his tail too much.

spade
January 28th, 2021, 10:51 PM
➳ Kestrelwing

Muscles tense, Kestrelwing was ready. His blood was pumping through his veins, adrenaline making him feel more alive than he had in some moons. This was what being a warrior was about. Battling, showcasing true warrior talents and techniques. If only this were a real battle and not just for pretend...

His gaze darted to lock on hers as he saw Heronflight's hind legs spring her forward, her focus on his chest. A smirk appeared on his face as he allowed her to ram into him. He dismissed the dull ache from the collision and as she swiped her paw at his legs, the tom did a front roll, springing back onto his paws. At least his smaller size came in handy here. Without hesitation, he whipped around and zig zagged towards her in an attempt to loose her focus before aiming a dive under her paws, attempting to get underneath her so he could lift to his paws and toss her to the side.

// Angelique

➳ Kestrelwing

Kestrelwing stifled a sigh of annoyance, instead placing his back back onto the streambed and padding over to Jaggedpaw's tail. "It's not an extra limb. You only need to move it back and forth," he mewed, lifting a paw to place on the tom's tail in an attempt to slow it's movement. "Try again. Swim up to that frond." Kestrelwing motioned to a few fox-lengths up the pond.

// Lionblaze2008

shaae_26
January 29th, 2021, 06:41 AM
➳ Sunchaser

Muscles tense, Kestrelwing was ready. His blood was pumping through his veins, adrenaline making him feel more alive than he had in some moons. This was what being a warrior was about. Battling, showcasing true warrior talents and techniques. If only this were a real battle and not just for pretend...

His gaze darted to lock on hers as he saw Heronflight's hind legs spring her forward, her focus on his chest. A smirk appeared on his face as he allowed her to ram into him. He dismissed the dull ache from the collision and as she swiped her paw at his legs, the tom did a front roll, springing back onto his paws. At least his smaller size came in handy here. Without hesitation, he whipped around and zig zagged towards her in an attempt to loose her focus before aiming a dive under her paws, attempting to get underneath her so he could lift to his paws and toss her to the side.

// Angelique

➳ Kestrelwing

Kestrelwing stifled a sigh of annoyance, instead placing his back back onto the streambed and padding over to Jaggedpaw's tail. "It's not an extra limb. You only need to move it back and forth," he mewed, lifting a paw to place on the tom's tail in an attempt to slow it's movement. "Try again. Swim up to that frond." Kestrelwing motioned to a few fox-lengths up the pond.

// Lionblaze2008
Jaggedpaw tried again, this time swishing his ginger tail instead. His white paws paddled madly though. He managed to make it to the fronds

spade
January 29th, 2021, 12:45 PM
➳ Kestrelwing

Kestrelwing watched silently as the young apprentice made his way to the desired finish line. He'd kept his tail in more of a swaying motion, which was great. The form could still use a little work, but for a beginner it was pretty good. As long as Jaggedpaw's head stayed above water, he would do just fine. "Now I'm going to tell you that was a good job," he called, narrowing his eyes just a bit, "but don't let that get to your head. There's still lots of work to be done, such as battling in the water; RiverClan's speciality. But we'll learn about battling another day. For now, just swim back to me."

// Lionblaze2008

shaae_26
January 30th, 2021, 05:53 AM
➳ Kestrelwing

Kestrelwing watched silently as the young apprentice made his way to the desired finish line. He'd kept his tail in more of a swaying motion, which was great. The form could still use a little work, but for a beginner it was pretty good. As long as Jaggedpaw's head stayed above water, he would do just fine. "Now I'm going to tell you that was a good job," he called, narrowing his eyes just a bit, "but don't let that get to your head. There's still lots of work to be done, such as battling in the water; RiverClan's speciality. But we'll learn about battling another day. For now, just swim back to me."

// Lionblaze2008
Jaggedpaw tried to paddle more and splash less as he made his way back.

duckie
January 30th, 2021, 11:27 AM
Palepaw followed after Sootstar, carefully placing her paws where the patch coloured tom had placed his feet, both to check her own growth and to avoid any possible pokey patches.
Surely, if the leader was willing to step there, it was also safe for her?
Once they reached the Training Island, though, she broke into a sprint and dashed ahead of the other two before slowing to a trot and turning back to Sootstar and Eelpaw.

Okay okay okay. Finally they were going to learn something useful, or at least that what Eelpaw was hoping. He wasn't the best fighter. He had barely managed to learn any fighting skills truth be told, outside of throwing up on your enemy after being thrown around, which thereby proved that he suffered from motion sickness. So when Sootstar asked them both to attack him, all Eelpaw could do was stand there, dumbfounded. It wasn't smart that he'd never learned to fight, but that blame couldn't be placed entirely on him... or well it could but it also could not.

How were you useful when you didn't know how to fight? But... would it be bad if he asked what to do? Or should he just do whatever he deemed was the correct thing to do? Probably the second thing, but this created another dilemma inside the apprentice's head. Should he just, attack? Like run? and attack? Or should he stalk like how he stalked prey? Not knowing what to do, he continued to just stand there and stare at Sootstar like an idiot.

Maybe... the first option would work? Deciding to abandon all care, he just tried. No one could be faulted for trying could they? and so he rushed at Sootsar, trying his best as he attempted to just, swipe? away the leader's legs.

Sootstar

Had both of them rushed at him at once, the leader may have been met with a slight challenge. Instead, with Palepaw still standing a ways away and Eelpaw seemingly confused as to what to do before taking an awkward swipe at his legs, he simply stepped out of the way.

"Is that your attempt at fighting as a team?" he challenged, half as a tease but more importantly as an attempt to try and rile them in his direction, "Come on! You can do better than that! Follow what your instinct tells you!"

Madelaine
January 31st, 2021, 03:22 AM
Heronflight gave a look of triumph when she was able to ram into him. She stepped back when he did a type of roll. Watching him zigzag she felt herself get a bit dizzy. S he lost her focus just like he was wanting and felt him get underneath her. With her heavy weight she smashed down on him in an attempt to squish him underneath her before doing a somersault forward.

(writers block)

// spade \\

Abyssopelagic
January 31st, 2021, 03:51 AM
Oh!!
Palepaw had forgotten this was a team exercise. Since Eelpaw was aiming for his legs, she reared up and charged at her mentor, front paws reaching for the white and grey toms back legs.
She wanted to see if she'd be able to pull his leg out from under him without using claws or teeth. Absently, the silver charcoal ducked her head so if he kicked out, he wouldn't get her eyes.
Eyes were kind of important to have.

wnder Arie

Arie
January 31st, 2021, 08:08 PM
-- wnder Rainquail --

They were fighting together? Somehow that point had completely slid over Eelpaw's ears and he flickered them slowly but also in mild embarrassment, the most emotion he would often show in a day. Okay so he'd done it poorly but now, he would sit back and wait and see whatever it was that Palepaw would be doing before joining in with some sort of attack of his own... because surely that would have at least some partial chance of working? Eelpaw hoped so.

Palepaw was going for the hind legs... which meant that it was up for him to unbalance Sootstar, that was the right word right? So, they would have to do something. Deciding that the paw swoop worked quite well last time, they tried it again, attempting to sweep out their mentor's front legs while also, if he was lucky and he hit, aimed to knock his head up into Sootstar's chest.

spade
February 1st, 2021, 12:41 PM
➳ Kestrelwing

As the tom swam back to him, Kestrelwing was briefly reminded of his own swimming lessons as an apprentice. All that time spent perfecting his battle moves, gritting his teeth as the water nearly froze him whole. If would take some time, but the tom had hope that Jaggedpaw would eventually be able to learn those moves as well - perhaps by his own mentor.

"I see you focused more on not splashing and just swimming. That's good - makes a different between a RiverClanner with promise and one that we would exile." he let the threat hang in the air a bit before getting out of the water, shaking off his paws one by one. Like frost in the sunlight, his patience for this training session and apprentices in general seemed to evaporate, and Kestrelwing glanced towards Jaggedpaw. "We're close enough to camp that you can head back now. Go get dry." He didn't bother watching the tom leave as he continued to shake his paws, lapping at the wet droplets on his pelt.

// Lionblaze2008 [ we can end it here! once i wrap up a few more rp's if jagged still needs battle training we can do that later ^^ ]

➳ Kestrelwing

While he had been small enough to dive under her paws, Kestrelwing hadn't thought far enough ahead that the molly quite outweighed him, and he felt air rapidly leave his lungs as she squashed down on him, only being relieved as she somersaulted forward. Mouse-brain he cursed at himself, pushing to his paws and taking a few quick breaths. He had to be smarter...

Turning on his heels, he crouched down again and didn't allow Heronflight any extra time coming out of her somersault. The tom launched himself into the air, attempting to catch her while she still had her back to him so he could easily land onto it, aiming his claws for each shoulder.

// Angelique [no worries! i get the same way usually when doing battle scenes ^^ ]

shaae_26
February 1st, 2021, 01:43 PM
➳ Kestrelwing

As the tom swam back to him, Kestrelwing was briefly reminded of his own swimming lessons as an apprentice. All that time spent perfecting his battle moves, gritting his teeth as the water nearly froze him whole. If would take some time, but the tom had hope that Jaggedpaw would eventually be able to learn those moves as well - perhaps by his own mentor.

"I see you focused more on not splashing and just swimming. That's good - makes a different between a RiverClanner with promise and one that we would exile." he let the threat hang in the air a bit before getting out of the water, shaking off his paws one by one. Like frost in the sunlight, his patience for this training session and apprentices in general seemed to evaporate, and Kestrelwing glanced towards Jaggedpaw. "We're close enough to camp that you can head back now. Go get dry." He didn't bother watching the tom leave as he continued to shake his paws, lapping at the wet droplets on his pelt.

// Lionblaze2008 [ we can end it here! once i wrap up a few more rp's if jagged still needs battle training we can do that later ^^ ]

➳ Kestrelwing

While he had been small enough to dive under her paws, Kestrelwing hadn't thought far enough ahead that the molly quite outweighed him, and he felt air rapidly leave his lungs as she squashed down on him, only being relieved as she somersaulted forward. Mouse-brain he cursed at himself, pushing to his paws and taking a few quick breaths. He had to be smarter...

Turning on his heels, he crouched down again and didn't allow Heronflight any extra time coming out of her somersault. The tom launched himself into the air, attempting to catch her while she still had her back to him so he could easily land onto it, aiming his claws for each shoulder.

// Angelique [no worries! i get the same way usually when doing battle scenes ^^ ]
Jaggedpaw was taken aback by the sudden impatience, but got out of the water. (He still needs battle training)

ThePuzzlerThree
February 2nd, 2021, 12:33 PM
Mousepaw hopped over to the island, ready for a training session. Shadeleaf

Shade.
February 2nd, 2021, 12:40 PM
Mousepaw hopped over to the island, ready for a training session. Shadeleaf

Lotusheart was prepared to teach her apprentice some battle moves.
"Ok, let us begin. I'm going to be teaching you some of the basics. We can start with a paw swipe or maybe a dodge, whichever you prefer." she explained.

ThePuzzlerThree
February 2nd, 2021, 12:45 PM
"Maybe a dodge." Mousepaw replied. "How should I do this?" Shadeleaf

Shade.
February 2nd, 2021, 12:49 PM
"Maybe a dodge." Mousepaw replied. "How should I do this?" Shadeleaf

Lotusheart thought for a minute.
"Well, you can dodge in many directions. The goal is to move away from an attack, using as little energy as possible. So I suggest we start with a side dodge. I'll aim a slow, weak punch at you and you have to move sideways away from it."

ThePuzzlerThree
February 3rd, 2021, 07:38 AM
"Okay, so like this?" Mousepaw darted sideways. "Was that good?" Shadeleaf

Shade.
February 3rd, 2021, 09:43 AM
"Okay, so like this?" Mousepaw darted sideways. "Was that good?" Shadeleaf

Lotusheart nodded in approval. She stood up and walked over to Mousepaw.
"OK, now I'm going to swipe at you slowly and you have to move away." she explained and lifted a paw. She swiped sideways, making sure to do It slowly and carefully.

ThePuzzlerThree
February 3rd, 2021, 10:37 AM
Mousepaw moved sideways, avoiding the swipe. "I did it!" He exclaimed. "Let's try a little faster!" Shadeleaf

Shade.
February 3rd, 2021, 11:06 AM
Mousepaw moved sideways, avoiding the swipe. "I did it!" He exclaimed. "Let's try a little faster!" Shadeleaf

Lotusheart was pleased by her apprentice's enthusiasm. She lifted her paw and sent a faster swipe at Mousepaw, one that resembled a real attack a little more.

ThePuzzlerThree
February 3rd, 2021, 03:50 PM
Mousepaw flinched. "Hey, I wasn't ready yet!" Shadeleaf

Shade.
February 3rd, 2021, 11:43 PM
Mousepaw flinched. "Hey, I wasn't ready yet!" Shadeleaf

Lotusheart smiled a little.
"You need to be very quick with moving away. Let's try again. Are you ready?" she asked.