Today 12:07 AM
ShadowClan Patrol Place
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Today 12:05 AM

Old February 8th, 2023, 02:45 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours
My Mood: Fine

Default The Truth Hurts More Than You Think...(Alyssa's Story)

File Name: the_truth_hurts_more_than_you_think_alyssa_story_9 2826392

Disclaimer: This story contains blood, gore, kidnapping, mentions of insanity, and possible mentions of suicide(not guaranteed). Viewer description is advised.

Opening file...

File opened

Alyssa is a young 16-year-old girl with long brown hair, dull gray eyes, and tan-peach skin. She wears a green shirt with a leather jacket and blue jeans and black-and-white tennis shoes.

Opening file...

File opened

This story is about a young girl named Alyssa Holmes, daughter of Charlotte Holmes and Jamie Watson, both descended from two famous people from the past, Sherlock Holmes and his helper, Mr. Watson. Alyssa is always wanting to be herself but keeps her parents happy while living in Sherringfold. But when she stumbles across a hidden trapdoor to the basement of the boarding school, Alyssa discovers the answer to a mystery that even the best of detectives couldn't solve... the mystery behind the dark past of Sherringfold itself and Alyssa's own origins with Sherlock and Mr. Watson.

Opening file...

File opened

Feel free to ask questions and give feedback as I write this story! Don't be afraid to ask me anything about the story and give ideas for the story!

File End

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿

Last edited by bubble[error].; February 16th, 2023 at 12:38 PM.
Old February 14th, 2023, 01:52 PM
error in the code

Default Re: The Truth Hurts More Than You Think...(Alyssa's Story)

Introduction

Throughout my life, I’ve always wondered about different things. Some of the biggest mysteries of my life growing up here at Sherringfold I don’t think I’ll ever be able to find the answers to are, why am I not allowed outside? Why are there parts of the building where no one is allowed? Why am I forbidden to enter that one room in my parent’s lab? Why do my parents seem to hate me, especially my mother? And, what I think is the strangest one of all: Where is the basement that I hear about and what’s down there that scares others? My mother talked about a basement when I was younger, about 5 or 6, to my father and how it had been sealed up before she came here. I’ve also heard about my father’s near-death experience of how he poisoned himself, wait no, someone else poisoned him, and gave him 24 hours left to live. It was after someone’s death. Who was it? Dobson’s death? Yeah, that’s it. I found it kind of funny, although I never laughed in my life. I have no emotions. I have never cried, raged, I’ve never shed a tear, I’ve never felt angry, sad, or happy, I’m just there. An empty void. I dislike a lot of things. My mother says I am almost everything about her, and my father says I’m almost nothing like him. I think that’s true. Heh… I guess I’m just special.
This journal is for my life at Sherringfold and what I find. I’m sure there are secrets for me to find. I can’t wait to see what I can find here. If anyone were to find this, burn this keep it safe. Don’t want this falling into the wrong hands, right? My name is Alyssa Holmes, and this is my story.

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿
Old February 14th, 2023, 02:21 PM
error in the code

Chapter 1, Part 1 | The Questions Rise
Friday, December 2nd, 2017

My parents are hiding something. I can tell. They always do. It’s incredible. I can read anyone’s mind just like my mother. I guess everyone hides something, and I respect that. But sometimes I can’t help myself from exploring that secret and trying to find it out. After all, if I’m supposed to be a detective one day, shouldn’t I have training? It’s odd. I’ll do this. I’ll find their secret. Anyway, I’m writing just after I was invited to my mom’s gambling thing. I’m going with her when I finish this. Gambling! Of all the things she could be into, it’s gambling! Maybe that’s why she hates me. No, that can’t be right… Maybe… I’ll think later.

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿

Last edited by bubble[error].; February 14th, 2023 at 02:21 PM.
Old February 14th, 2023, 02:35 PM
error in the code

Chapter 1, Part 2 | The First Sighting
25 Minutes after the Last Writing

Gambling is stupid. You waste so much money doing it, for the slim chance of even winning it. I tried one round and lost about a third of my savings, about, say, around $89 to be exact. Yeah, I have a lot of money. It’s from taking jobs here at Sherringfold. I’m saving up for college to get out of here. Dang, I wish I wasn’t here anyway. It’s a nightmare in the best possible way, and I like it. Wow. I hate this school and yet I like it as well. You don’t hear that every day. If at all. Anywho, I better finish this up because my mother is waiting for me, and I don’t want to get her angry. Bad things happen, like- What the? Ok, I am not playing around here, but I am so sure that I just saw a dark shadowy figure standing in the doorway to another room, looking at me, and I looked down to write this down, and I just looked up, and it’s gone! I must be seeing things. I don’t get a lot of sleep anyway. I better get out of here.

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿
Old February 14th, 2023, 02:47 PM
error in the code

Chapter 1, Part 3 | It’s Following Me
Half an Hour after Lasr Writing

Ok, maybe I was just hallucinating back there, but now that I’m back, I can’t help but get that strange feeling that I’m being followed. That I’m being watched from the shadows. I know it's weird to be hearing that come out of me, but I’m getting it. But when I’m around my parents, the feeling goes away. It’s only if I’m alone. Well, thought I was alone. Just a few minutes after writing that last part down, I feel it again, and I’m near my father. Something is happening, and I feel that I’m the only one who can solve it. I’m not scared; I never am. I can do this. But I can feel the shiver going down my spine as I write that. Maybe… maybe I am feeling scared for the first time. But that’s not possible. No. It can’t be. I can’t be scared, right? Right?

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿
Old February 16th, 2023, 10:44 AM
error in the code

Chapter 2, Part 1 | The Hints Are Suttle
Monday, December 5th, 2017

This gap in my journal is annoying. I don’t know why, but I kept having nightmares about that thing I saw on Friday. I can’t stop thinking about it, and it hurts to write this, but I think that, whatever is following me, wants me. I can hear voices at night, whispering my name, calling out for help, or just so distorted that I can’t understand. My parents don’t know what’s happening. Even my mother has no explanation for this strange phenomenon. I feel myself shiver every night I lay down to go to sleep, it’s actually kind of creepy. Don’t get me wrong, I love creepy stuff, but… this just feels wrong. I can feel a strange prickling feeling down my back every time I hear those noises, my hands start to twitch, and my eyes dart around, looking for the noise. But I keep telling myself that it’s just nothing. Sure, strange things happen here at Sherringfold sometimes, like things moving by themselves, people complaining about being tapped on the shoulder when no one was there, blah blah blah, but me? Well… no one I talked to has ever heard whispers like the ones I hear. Am I being chosen? I don’t understand… I’m not scared… I’m not on edge… my body is just overreacting… everyone does that. My mother says to just ignore it, and that’s what I’ve been doing for the past three days, but the whispers… it lures me… like a calling… no. Don’t think that.

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿

Last edited by bubble[error].; February 16th, 2023 at 10:44 AM.
Old February 16th, 2023, 11:04 AM
error in the code

Chapter 2, Part 2 | The Murders Begin
Two Hours after Last Writing

Alright, now I know that something is wrong. I was just minding my own business, writing in my journal, when I tripped on something, dropping my book and ripping the page in the process, losing what I had written. Luckily it had been on a new page, not one with other writing, and I pull myself up, hissing. I’m thinking, what the heck just happened? Who left their things on the floor? I turn around to see that I had tripped over an arm. Yeah, I’m writing this, you read this. I tripped over a severed arm. I followed the blood trail, because, well, why not, I wanted to see if the person was okay, and I went into a room… and, well… I found a body. A male body ripped to shreds by what looked like animal claws. It was so mangled up that I thought it was something else. And then everything went black, I woke up with my father shaking me, I’m back in the lab, and now I’m writing this while my parents go investigate my finding. They will look at this page when they get back. So I’m going, to be honest with them: I do feel a little terrified. The body and even the whispering seem to be getting louder, and I see that shadow thing in my dreams at night now. It’s all that’s in my head now. Whatever is out there, hunting us down, it wants me, I can feel it, and it will get to be at all costs. I am sure of it. I better be careful from now on.

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿

Last edited by bubble[error].; February 16th, 2023 at 11:45 AM.
Old March 9th, 2023, 11:04 AM
error in the code

Chapter 2, Part 3 | The New Idea
Tuesday, December 6th, 2017

So nothing has happened for a few days, I’m surprised that nothing hasn’t come back. I’ve been watching out for that shadow monster but have had no luck. I’m considering doing voice recordings now that my mother has given me a tape recorder. I can record it on my phone, but my mother doesn’t want me to. My father wants me to, probably so he can see the footage as real evidence. My father sometimes has better ideas than my mother. But she doesn’t care. I’ll still be putting in my writings in this thing, but I’ll also be keeping a bunch of recordings of my voice and if I feel like it, I’ll leave my drive information at the end of this journal so whoever finds this can get into my videos if I don’t make it. That alone sounds weird. But whatever. My father has told me that I have until May 3rd to finish what I’m doing as that’s when he and Mother are getting out of this place and I’ll either be on my own or I can go with one of them or I can stay here. I’m still choosing. I’ll get an answer someday. But that someday is not today. Better test my new method. If I can catch the whispering, Mother will be so pleased with me.

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿

Last edited by bubble[error].; March 10th, 2023 at 10:22 AM.
Old March 10th, 2023, 10:24 AM
error in the code

Chapter 3, Part 1 | The First Test
Wednesday, December 7th, 2017

Alright, my first test with that tape recorder went well! It was a lot harder to get the sounds that I wanted than I had thought, but with practice, I’ll capture everything I want! In the box that you found this thing in(bottom of this story) are the tapes, and they are labeled in order by the date when I recorded them. The tape player works flawlessly, and I nearly threw up listening to my voice. Gosh, I sound horrible on a recording without a microphone! I guess everyone does, but whatever. Anyway, nothing happened today.

a new member of rc

◺--------------◿