Old January 15th, 2023, 03:12 PM
nothing's forever

Default pretty sure you can't do that-

batkit
he/they
riverclan
brown-black w/ brown color point, yellow eyes
--
Batkit poked his little head outside of the nursery, looking like a rabbit peeping out of its hole. They looked around for a bit, then backed into the nursery. A moment later, the kit popped their head out again. This time, he bounded out after a second of hesitation. Batkit paused to shake his head and scratch behind his ear, feeling an itch there. After doing that, he sat and watched RiverClan do RiverClan things. He felt so tiny compared to all the other cats there. What was their secret to becoming giants?
@Oceanflower // sorry it's a bit short
Old January 15th, 2023, 03:25 PM
If Not Now, When?

Bump Policy: Every 24-48 hours/1-2 days
My Mood: Chatty

Default Re: pretty sure you can't do that-

Seapaw sighed, rolling over to his back. He was soooo bored. His mentor Goldenleaf was worrying about his mate, she was going to have kittens or something. But that didn't really matter, Goldenleaf had only barely showed him the territory, he hadn't learned anything yet. "Ugh, I'm going to be an elder before I learn how to fight!" He remarked to himself, Goldenleaf better hurry his act up.

Seapaw suddenly had a bad, but great idea! He was going to go out onto the territory, but not with a warrior. He was going to go alone! Usually Seapaw was a pretty good apprentice, but he was getting antsy. He just needed to get out of this camp! Maybe he would ask an apprentice ... no, they would probably tell some warrior. How about ... an elder? No that wouldn't work, they probably wouldn't be able to go a tail length without complaining that there legs ache or their itchy or something. Wait ... yes! A kitten, their clueless and probably wouldn't have the guts too tell anyone what happened. Oh and what was that? A kitten and they were poking their head out of the nursery. Perfect Seapaw quietly meowed, heading over.

Once he got too the nursery, Seapaw sat down in front of the ... tiny kitten. "Hello kitten, I'm Seapaw, what's your name?" He questioned, trying his best too seem friendly. If the kitten thought he was friendly, they would probably go with him on his break out of camp.

@val (It's fine)

Bump Policy: 1-2 days

Weekdays - Will not be online from 4 AM to 5:30 PM
Weekends (and Friday) - Will probably be on all day

Fernflower Finder

Fernflower: Baby Boomer
Cypressberry: None ):

Last edited by Buzzin' Bee; January 15th, 2023 at 03:27 PM.
Old January 15th, 2023, 03:36 PM
nothing's forever

Batkit jumped in surprise at the new appearance of a cat. And an apprentice too! Whoa. They thought those cats were too cool to talk to kits. He looked up at Seapaw and answered, "I'm Batkit!" though his voice was rather squeaky. Stupid 2 moons old voice. The kit stared at the apprentice for a bit. He seemed pretty friendly. Batkit wondered what he wanted.

Well, if he was wondering that, why was he sitting there voiceless? Batkit shook out their pelt to jolt them more awake. "Whatcha up ta?" he asked, eyeing Seapaw. What if he was trying to trick him into doing something stupid so he could laugh at him with his apprentice friends? No, no, that was too silly. Apprentices probably had better things to do. So the kit settled where they were, feeling rather comfortable with Seapaw. Maybe he wanted to play moss ball with them? Batkit hoped so. Even though he always lost since he was so tiny and clumsy.

@Oceanflower

Last edited by alkaline; January 15th, 2023 at 03:36 PM.
Old January 15th, 2023, 04:08 PM
If Not Now, When?

Seapaw was quite surprised by the kittens voice. It was ... squeaky. Seapaw tried too not take notice of it. "Well hello Batkit, it's nice too meet you" He meowed with a smile, "I'm not doing anything right now ..." He meowed, slowly trying to lead the kitten too his idea. "But I was thinking-" Seapaw stopped, no Seapaw! That would be too direct, the kitten I mean Batkit would probably be suspicious of you! Seapaw nodded at what he thought to himself. And look up at the sky, finally thinking of an idea.

He looked back down at Batkit "Wanna have some fun? We can play ... an adventure game," He told Batkit, surely the kitten wouldn't deny. Kittens love having fun, like moss-ball or playing games like fighting the badger or something. Hopefully Batkit wasn't a smart kitten, or else he would probably realize what Seapaw was scheming.

@val

Fernflower Finder

Last edited by Buzzin' Bee; January 15th, 2023 at 04:09 PM.
Old January 15th, 2023, 04:22 PM
nothing's forever

Fun? Fun?! Batkit grinned. Even though he was more of a placid kit, they'd never turn down some fun. Or adventure. And Batkit didn't care what Seapaw was thinking about, because the word 'game' had easily distracted him. He nodded eagerly. Maybe they'd play some kind of hiding game? Ooh, or they'd peek into the elder's den! Batkit shifted his paws in excitement.

"Where would we adventure to, Seapaw?" Batkit asked, feeling a bit too impatient to find out. Besides, they doubted the apprentice would mind. He would've said so soon enough. Unless it was supposed to be a surprise? "Eep, never mind keep it a surprise if you want!" he exclaimed and he ducked down, covering his brown ears with his little, brown paws. Crisis averted. A little breeze of cold made them sit back up and sniff the air. Hm. Interesting. It smelled like a river. As usual. Batkit looked back to Seapaw, eyes glittering.

@Oceanflower
Old January 15th, 2023, 04:53 PM
If Not Now, When?

Seapaw thought for a second. He didn't want Batkit too be suspicious of him so quickly. He could show him the apprentice den, then they could look into the elders den or something. "For the first part of the adventure game I can show you the apprentices den, then we can go look in the elders den. Since you aren't allowed in any of those dens, well never mind ..." He told Batkit, hopefully they didn't realize he messed up what he said. Kittens were kind of allowed in the apprentices den, but apprentices didn't like them in there. He flicked his tail telling them too follow him. "We can adventure somewhere else later. I'm going to leave it as a surprise but we apprentices battle train there!" He meowed, starting to walk over too the apprentices den.

Once Seapaw made it too the apprentices den he sat and waited for Batkit too arrive with him. He was going to show him the warmest spot and his nest. Seapaw would probably still be there when Batkit became an apprentice, so he didn't need him to steal it or go close too it. He thought of what he would say when Batkit came over. He then planned how he and Batkit would peek into the elders den without them yelling at them. Seapaw had too think everything, and make whatever he was saying make sense in that kittens mind. He just hoped Batkit wouldn't tell on him! Then he would really be in trouble!

@val

Fernflower Finder

Last edited by Buzzin' Bee; January 15th, 2023 at 04:56 PM.
Old January 15th, 2023, 05:02 PM
nothing's forever

Not allowed? Batkit gulped. But...Seapaw said nevermind...so it must be okay. He stared at Seapaw's tail for a moment before getting up and scampering after him. A particular pile of snow caught his attention, though, and so for a moment, the kit stared at it. After that, he hurried after the apprentice. They wondered what the surprise place was. And how did the apprentices train there? Hmm.

Batkit near-crashed into the den, losing their train of thought. But never mind that! He looked around in awe at all the nests. It wasn't that different from the nursery, but it smelled like cats in there! Not like the queens or anything. They almost pitied the apprentices. It must be so lonely in there and it must be so awful not to smell the nursery smells. But that was almost pity. Batkit was jealous of the cool apprentices and their own den.

"Wow!" They exclaimed, sniffing a nearby nest. Batkit had no idea whose that was, but it smelled like RiverClan! And water. Someday, he'd smell like that too! Batkit looked over at Seapaw. "You sleep here?" he asked, though the answer was obvious. They just couldn't believe it.

@Oceanflower

Last edited by alkaline; January 15th, 2023 at 05:02 PM.
Old January 15th, 2023, 05:30 PM
If Not Now, When?

Seapaw nodded, "Yep I sleep in here" He meowed trotting inside, all the way too a nest in the back corner. He put his paw on it, "this one is mine!" He meowed, a sad expression filling his face. "I'm always cold when it rains though," He told Batkit now standing up and pointing his tail at a small hole in the roof on the den. "There's a hole and it drips water on my fur, try not too pick a nest with a hole on top of it! But other than that, I'd say I have one of the most comfortable nest, and its not so close to the other apprentices." Seapaw was probably wrong about the comfortable part but he was definitely the farthest away from the other apprentices. He then trotted over to a corner to the left of the entrance. "Over here is the warmest part of the den ... at least I'd say that, it's warmer then the other spots, but it's the hottest in green-leaf. I forget who sleeps here." Seapaw told Batkit, he was giving this kitten some good information. They better have been soaking it up and remembering it until they were an apprentice.

"Ready to go to the elders den?" He questioned, exiting the apprentices den anyway. "I can tell you some things about them when we get there!" He meowed to Batkit. Seapaw quickly stopped to clean his paw which got some moss and snow on it. Honestly too Seapaw the elders were pretty needy. Yes they had good stories, but that had a price! And the apprentices had too pay it. They had to clean their ticks with mouse bile! They also had to replace their bedding sometimes, which was hard too do when the elders were being stubborn and don't want too move. The elders is some of the cats Seapaw didn't like the most.
@val

Fernflower Finder

Last edited by Buzzin' Bee; January 15th, 2023 at 05:31 PM.
Old January 15th, 2023, 06:11 PM
nothing's forever

Batkit looked up at the hole. They made a note to remember to pick a good nest using Seapaw's advice, though he'd honestly just forget in a moon, and would never remember in 4 moons when their ceremony came. Still, he appreciated the apprentice's attempt to help them. Though they wondered why Seapaw didn't just fix the hole in the den. If Batkit didn't know any better, they would've thought that he liked getting water dripped on him while he was sleeping. But whatever, that was Seapaw's decision to make. Batkit wouldn't judge too harshly. After all, they liked to sleep with a pebble sometimes. The part about warm nests and green-leaf and bla bla bla flew over his head. The hole in the den was just too fascinating!

The word 'elder' caught Batkit's attention, though. He turned and bounded after Seapaw. Why did he never wait for him to follow? Batkit would never say it, but he felt it was a bit rude. It's not like his little kit legs could ever keep up with Seapaw. Besides, the kit felt graced by the apprentice's attention. Batkit couldn't wait to learn more about the elders. They had never met one, having kept to the nursery most of their time. It was just too much to leave and mess around in the snow. Plus, the elders were so scary! How could they be so old? Despite their tiny, tiny fear of elders, Batkit was enjoying the adventure.
@Oceanflower
Old January 15th, 2023, 07:13 PM
If Not Now, When?

Seapaw patiently sat until the kit came running over. "Lets go!" he meowed, slowly walked to the elders den so that Batkit wouldn't have to run after Seapaw while he was already at the elders den. Once he reached it, he sat down. "This is the elders den," he meowed, "honestly you may think they sometimes tell good stories but as an apprentice you won't appreciate them so much!" Seapaw remarked, "they make you clean they're ticks with mouse bile!" He shook his head in disgust, "and we have too replace there bedding with new moss, and how stubborn some of them are when they're tired they never get up! It from dawn till the sun sets to make a new nest for them!" Seapaw finished angerly. "Oh ... but there still okay cats?" Seapaw added, hopefully Batkit didn't get scared from all the things he had said. Besides, why were the elders so needy anyway? The apprentices do a lot of things for them and they ask for more and more. Those elders must be mouse brains! If they keep this up we apprentices can just stop serving them! Seapaw thought to himself, turning his attention back to Batkit.

"Would you like to go see the special place now?" He questioned, hopefully Batkit would say yes. After all this time slowly going through some of the obnoxious things in camp, Seapaw was aching to get out. If Batkit denied now, Seapaw would probably be really angry. He wouldn't attack the kit, but probably would take advantage when he became an apprentice. Seapaw sighed and sat up straighter, waiting for Batkit's answer.

@val

Fernflower Finder