Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 11:40 PM
Too late, too early [p]
by Rani
Last post by Rani
Today 11:38 PM
We Do A Bit of Spooking
by Dust
Last post by CallMeCrimson
Today 11:14 PM
abandoned hope [adoption...
by lark.
Last post by Blazing
Today 11:14 PM

Old May 1st, 2023, 05:03 AM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: RiverClan Training Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post

Maybe Birdpaw should have been more specific. Her defensive moves were crying, kicking and screaming for help. And the occasional panic attack. She didn't usually... have actual moves. She just... tried to block. Tried to run. But she assumed that wasn't want Gingerfrost was looking for. "Well u-um, if you tried to pounce at me, I would move to the... to the side." To demonstrate, she quickly lunged to the side, feeling like she looked very foolish. Moving back to her position, she paused, then spoke again.

"And if you tried to hit me with your paw, I would bring my paw up and push your paw? And since you would have power behind it, it would make you hit the dirt and maybe fall a little?" Yeah. She sounded stupid. "I don't know much. This is usually the point in the fight where I like... die or fall in the river, so I don't have much." Her forehead wrinkled slightly at those words. Yeah. Not funny.

She awaited Gingerfrost's instructions. Hopefully he hadn't lost too much hope in her.

[ @Estelle ]

That was a start, at least. It didn't sound like anyone ever taught her that - more like she picked it up herself along the way. Which, in itself, wasn't bad. It was very little, but what she showed him was at least the semblance of defensive tactics he had been taught himself. Although he'd intended to focus more on the offensive today, it wouldn't hurt to make a small defence-detour. It's what he set up anyway, asking her to show him what she knew.

That's when she mentioned, well, dying, and drowning, and Gingerfrost couldn't help the slight knit of his brows at the mention of that. Luckily they were here to keep that from ever happening again. Dropping his brows back to what they were, he spoke up.
"That's a start. What you can do too, is drop and roll; even better if it's in the opposite direction of their attack, which you can usually tell by watching how they move."
As he said that, the tabby retaliated a step then quickly dropped and rolled away in demonstration. Getting back up after a heartbeat, he moved back towards Birdpaw.
"This puts distance between you and your opponent, but you have to be quick."

He fluffed his fur then crouched down again, giving the apprentice a nod.
"You try."

[ @jupiter ]

Old May 1st, 2023, 11:08 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Well. He didn't laugh or give her a nasty look, so cool beans. He wasn't judging her tooooo hard. She didn't even know where that came from, it just slipped out. Listening carefully, nodding slowly ever so slightly, Birdpaw watched him as he demonstrated. Okay. She could do that. At his signal to do so, she stepped back, dropped into a crouch as gracefully as she could, and rolled to the side, popping back up to her paws and looking at her mentor to see if that was... at least close to acceptable. Or if not, if he would have suggestions.

[ @Estelle ]
Old May 3rd, 2023, 09:29 AM
Still staring nervously

"Good."
To his utter surprise, the word slipped out without much thought, briefly startling the deputy who's only meant to think. Yet now it hung in the air for Birdpaw to hear and he wondered whether that was a good or bad thing. Still, it was true: her reaction was good enough.
"One more time."
The tabby mew, giving a single nod so she'd crouch again. Only this time, he reached out a sheathed paw to (slowly) swipe at the apprentice's right shoulder, only carefully laying down his paw should she not move. But he hoped she did: if she didn't his theory was correct, and they'd have a long day ahead of them. If she did, then this might go quicker than expected.

[ @jupiter ]

Old May 5th, 2023, 11:14 PM
:P

Status: 彡 ╰► hiatus ; ghost of a werewolf lurking bout forums✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 oh Gods oh gods oh ogds oh godf hngrj tggggd.99p4t,sfkkk
My Mood: Lurking

「♚」 THE DARK LORD「♚」
╰► WORMBITE
he | him X heavily scarred tall & skinny black tom with white speckles; cloudy amber eyes X
ೃ⁀➷ @Abyssopelagic @carmen @Jester @perseus.

The Dark Lord listened to Cicadapaw and Stonepaw. They would be paired off, which left Rainpaw the odd one out. The apprentice didn't seem to have made their choice, and Wormbite's eyebrows furrowed together at Sedgestorm's prompting. He supposed they were still thinking on it. He wasn't sure why for so long - personally, he was hoping the other would pick Sedgestorm. Wormbite wasn't the best with .. younger... kids.

"Something I want you all three to keep of mind is your weaknesses and your strengths. For example, I am tall, but I do not have a lot of strength. Which means I rely on my agility and endurance to make up for the fact. While someone who is stronger than me can likely .. cause extensive damage, they likely cannot match me in agility. They will tire long before I do, and I take advantage of this fact by dragging the fight out. I can be on the defensive, and then they begin to slow - I will switch to an offense. "

"And you should all keep in mind of your opponent's weaknesses. My right frontleg is damaged, it has less strength than my other - it causes me pain. It is noticeable by the way I walk. If you were battling me, you are to go for it. It offers you an advantage, and in the mist of the battle - you will take anything that gives you an advantage. " While Wormbite didn't explicitly state it, the tone in his voice might give suggestion that the oriental did mean anything. He had no claims against fighting dirty, per say. If he tried to be honorable, he would be dead right now.

Nodding his head, "With that being said. Let us move onto the first two defensive moves. The first one can be practiced solo if needed. "

"You are going to duck your body, twist away from your attacker and roll over onto your back. Then, rise back up to your paws and followthrough with an attack if able. " Following his own words, the tom gives an example. Swiftly, he ducked - twisting away and rolling onto his back before rising back up. Wincing internally at the way his rib ached from the pressure, but nonetheless.

"For the second, I want your partner to pin you to the ground momentarily. This is one of the most dangerous positions to be in. Your opponent has access to your belly and your neck. To get them off of you, you are going to want to place your paws on your shoulders and your hindlegs against their belly. Then, give a hard shove to push them off. In the case they are weight too much for you to do so, you would want to go for their eyes. Or, headbutt them. Either tends to be effective. The first one moreso." Nodnodnod.

"Try."

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; May 5th, 2023 at 11:14 PM.
Old May 18th, 2023, 03:22 AM
Still staring nervously

Assigned to patrol the area, Gingerfrost did just that. After his brief talk with Wormbite, he left right away and headed here. There weren't many warriors and apprentices at the Training Island at this time of day; the tabby didn't know how to feel about that, whether it was understanding or slight disappointment, but so it was. It did make him wonder, however: when was the last time they'd had a warrior ceremony? Wasn't it Mintpool and Amberwing's? That was... An awfully long time ago. They needed more of those. He mulled over these things as he walked around the little island used for battle training, keeping an eye out for eventual intruders or issues.

Old May 20th, 2023, 09:29 PM

My Mood: Dead

Sedgestorm listened to Wormbite as he went over what he wanted the apprentices to try.
He went ahead and stepped to the odd apprentice's side so the other warrior could focus on giving the lesson.
"If it's alright with you, I'll go ahead and be your sparring buddy."
He gave a light hearted smile, hoping neither his tall and muscular stature or his scars would put the apprentice off too much.

Hmmm, the first one they shouldn't mind trying with him too much. He wasn't supposed to attack the apprentice anyway, just a false little swipe.
He moved into his usual fighting stance to show he was ready.
"If you get an attack in, don't worry about hurting me. I can take it, I've been through worse," He chuckled as he rolled his shoulders.

[ @x ghostie ; @Jester ; @perseus. ; @carmen ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old May 25th, 2023, 11:15 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

"Good."
To his utter surprise, the word slipped out without much thought, briefly startling the deputy who's only meant to think. Yet now it hung in the air for Birdpaw to hear and he wondered whether that was a good or bad thing. Still, it was true: her reaction was good enough.
"One more time."
The tabby mew, giving a single nod so she'd crouch again. Only this time, he reached out a sheathed paw to (slowly) swipe at the apprentice's right shoulder, only carefully laying down his paw should she not move. But he hoped she did: if she didn't his theory was correct, and they'd have a long day ahead of them. If she did, then this might go quicker than expected.

[ @jupiter ]

Blinking slightly, feeling a wave of happiness at her mentor's praise, the ragdoll ducked her head to calm herself and keep her head in the game. Tensing in preparation for the feigned attack, Birdpaw did the same move she did the last time, only slightly more confidently and smoother now. It would probably change once she actually got into combat, because she knew Gingerfrost wouldn't hurt her, but at least it was a start. Popping back up after rolling to the side, she looked to him for critique.
Old May 28th, 2023, 06:51 PM
Still staring nervously

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post

Blinking slightly, feeling a wave of happiness at her mentor's praise, the ragdoll ducked her head to calm herself and keep her head in the game. Tensing in preparation for the feigned attack, Birdpaw did the same move she did the last time, only slightly more confidently and smoother now. It would probably change once she actually got into combat, because she knew Gingerfrost wouldn't hurt her, but at least it was a start. Popping back up after rolling to the side, she looked to him for critique.

Good, good, she was learning. After a smooth move, Gingerfrost rose back up and nodded. While he'd wanted to focus on more offensive movements, the refresher on defensives moves was clearly proving to be well-received, and he was glad to see Birdpaw picking up on it. Stepping back a little, he crouched again. Only this time instead of telling her to do it again, he looked her in the eyes and mew;
"Attack me. Claws sheathed. Try doing the move I've been using against you."

---

At some other time, Gingerfrost patrolled the area but noted nothing to be amiss. Yet.

Last edited by Estelle; May 28th, 2023 at 06:55 PM.
Old June 1st, 2023, 11:28 AM
dancing in the moonlight

Bump Policy: 3 days (1 day time sensitive)
My Mood: Yeehaw

Stonepaw

Was Rainpaw sad that she had been the odd one out? Was that why she had disappeared? Uh-oh. Maybe next time Stonepaw would volunteer to be the one left out, that would probably make her feel better. That being said, there was no telling if there would be a next time, so perhaps he'd settle it by talking to Rainpaw later, say hi or something. Maybe a few sorries. He shook his head to clear it as Wormbite began to talk.

Strengths and weaknesses. Agility vs. Strength. He was pretty average for an apprentice, medium build, medium height, but he didn't think that mattered much for the moment. Stonepaw could decide upon stylistic preferences later, for now, he just needed to learn the basics. Fast and slow, defense and offense, how did they remember it all? There was a lot going on there if you asked him. How did they keep it all straight? He blinked as Wormbite began to speak of his leg, and he squinted at it, checking to see if there was anything he could do to help. It seemed to be an old wound, but one could never know. Perhaps he'd bring him some poppy seeds later.

Duck, twist, roll over. Duck, twist, roll over. What if he got dizzy though. That sounded like a lot of spinning. "Woah." Mr. Worm's demonstration was really fancy. He wanted to do that. The second seemed harder, but more simple. Just a shove and a hit. Shove and a hit. He could try both of those things, yep yep. He nodded back at Wormbite, before turning to grin at Cicadapaw. "What do you say, partner! Want to go first?"

@x ghostie @Abyssopelagic @perseus. [ since rainpaw has gone missing, i'm assuming we shouldn't mention jester ]

that's all folks

unless?

rose stole carmen's identity
Old June 2nd, 2023, 01:10 AM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelle View Post

Good, good, she was learning. After a smooth move, Gingerfrost rose back up and nodded. While he'd wanted to focus on more offensive movements, the refresher on defensives moves was clearly proving to be well-received, and he was glad to see Birdpaw picking up on it. Stepping back a little, he crouched again. Only this time instead of telling her to do it again, he looked her in the eyes and mew;
"Attack me. Claws sheathed. Try doing the move I've been using against you."
This time she had to attack him? The young molly swallowed a lump in her throat, then "I've never attacked someone before." She murmured, throwing that useless tidbit of information, even if was just for context. Reaching out with a sheathed paw, she tried to swiftly (but gently) swipe at his shoulder, aiming it downwards a little more so that if he tried to duck and roll like they'd practiced, she'd still at least nick him.