Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > General Board

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
"An Intermission"......
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 08:09 PM
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by Foxine
Today 08:08 PM
Willow art please?
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 08:06 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Today 08:04 PM
We Do A Bit of Spooking
by Dust
Last post by Rose
Today 08:03 PM

Old April 17th, 2018, 06:43 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: Chatbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
XD XD XD yeah he's from a small town called Pickering (I think that's what it's called) in Canada. I used to think he was Amerian too...I'm probably gonna get slapped for saying this but Canadians and Americans are very similar I guess...

I absoloutely love Canadian people. There are a couple at my school and they're both lovely. Everyone I've ever known from Canada have just been amazing they're so polite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post

@NightWarrior4Life @Koalabear360

I’ll hardly slap you, despite the compliment on us Canadians and being nice I have a few disagreements.

For starters it’s a stereotype that we are all nice people, like in any place there are the few who are sour about things. Naturally every place has them and I think many people perceive us that way because half the world doesn’t know we exist. Sadly the percentage that do only think of us as nice people because- well I couldn’t tell you because I have no clue where that statement was going.

Second, which makes it out of order but whateva. I do not think we are like you Americans in many ways, yes we are people and for now I’ll set aside politics but our cultures do not really merge if I’m being completely honest. We come from
Complete different backgrounds and experiences in our own culture from serious milestones (politics) religious and worldviews. Though we share the same continent and some of the weather ( northern Canada and Alaska.. kinda ) I find we differ in more ways than we are the same.

I’m open to have others argue with my opinion but that’s how I feel. I think we need to appreciate and respect individualistic traits of said country’s and said people groups.

Hope you don’t mind me just exploding here c:

*slaps Nightwarrior4life*
I'm an American and I agree with celestial. We have different holidays (though for some reason many Americans celebrate Canada Day--dun ask me why....*drinking probably*) America has a democracy, and idk what Canada has (only a touch on politics), Canada has better health care than America and (this one may be a stereotype based off the one family of Canadians I know...Canadians are less racist and sexist and support the LGBTQIA community more than America does.granted America has warmer weather, and I wouldn't put effort to do that when (Quebec Stereotype) I'm living underground half the year basically. And we have nuclear weapons than Canada, who (hopefully) has some form of a military? Hope this helps Night, and Celest. Can you tell me which stereotypes are true? I try not to sterotype. Btw Night, Canada doesn't hate Mexico as much as America.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old April 17th, 2018, 07:56 AM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
I'm an American and I agree with celestial. We have different holidays (though for some reason many Americans celebrate Canada Day--dun ask me why....*drinking probably*) America has a democracy, and idk what Canada has (only a touch on politics), Canada has better health care than America and (this one may be a stereotype based off the one family of Canadians I know...Canadians are less racist and sexist and support the LGBTQIA community more than America does.granted America has warmer weather, and I wouldn't put effort to do that when (Quebec Stereotype) I'm living underground half the year basically. And we have nuclear weapons than Canada, who (hopefully) has some form of a military? Hope this helps Night, and Celest. Can you tell me which stereotypes are true? I try not to sterotype. Btw Night, Canada doesn't hate Mexico as much as America.
Uh, I could be wrong but I don’t think that America hates Mexico. Donald Trump just has some issues but that doesn’t mean the whole of America is affected by what he thinks. Again, I could be incorrect but this is what I can see from down in australia.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Old April 17th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:

I’ll hardly slap you, despite the compliment on us Canadians and being nice I have a few disagreements.

For starters it’s a stereotype that we are all nice people, like in any place there are the few who are sour about things. Naturally every place has them and I think many people perceive us that way because half the world doesn’t know we exist. Sadly the percentage that do only think of us as nice people because- well I couldn’t tell you because I have no clue where that statement was going.

Second, which makes it out of order but whateva. I do not think we are like you Americans in many ways, yes we are people and for now I’ll set aside politics but our cultures do not really merge if I’m being completely honest. We come from
Complete different backgrounds and experiences in our own culture from serious milestones (politics) religious and worldviews. Though we share the same continent and some of the weather ( northern Canada and Alaska.. kinda ) I find we differ in more ways than we are the same.

I’m open to have others argue with my opinion but that’s how I feel. I think we need to appreciate and respect individualistic traits of said country’s and said people groups.

(Not gonna break down this whole post because you're entitled to your opinion and I'm not skilled enough/don't understand enough about politics and geography and Etc. to make a good argument)
I'm sure there are some sour people there (I mean every country has them) but surely you'd be happy that your country is known for the good things and good people rather than everyone focussing on the bad things...(like recently in Geography at school we've been talking about the Tar sands and we did some research about Quebec in French)
Old April 17th, 2018, 07:17 PM

My Mood: Unamused
Smile Re: Chatbox

Quote:

my mind has been blown.

I do t really know what to say to this but I agree. But ur Canadian?

Btw my username doesn't have an "a" in Kola
Old April 17th, 2018, 07:21 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolabear360 View Post
my mind has been blown.

I do t really know what to say to this but I agree. But ur Canadian?

Btw my username doesn't have an "a" in Kola

I am indeed a Canadian.

Sorry I’m not exactly the most spelling handy person.

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old April 17th, 2018, 07:24 PM

My Mood: Unamused
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
We have some sort of peace army yes we have a Democracy thingy we choose our prime mister ect. We can kick them out if who ever does a bad job of their job.

I is Canadian

Quote:

I am indeed a Canadian.

Sorry I’m not exactly the most spelling handy person.

LA gasp%&&%
U r Canadian?!

I is not alone

Quote:
(Not gonna break down this whole post because you're entitled to your opinion and I'm not skilled enough/don't understand enough about politics and geography and Etc. to make a good argument)
I'm sure there are some sour people there (I mean every country has them) but surely you'd be happy that your country is known for the good things and good people rather than everyone focussing on the bad things...(like recently in Geography at school we've been talking about the Tar sands and we did some research about Quebec in French)
there are rather sour, salty people hear.

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; April 17th, 2018 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Triple post merge
Old April 17th, 2018, 08:21 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Of Evil View Post

Uh, I could be wrong but I don’t think that America hates Mexico. Donald Trump just has some issues but that doesn’t mean the whole of America is affected by what he thinks. Again, I could be incorrect but this is what I can see from down in australia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolabear360 View Post
We have some sort of peace army yes we have a Democracy thingy we choose our prime mister ect. We can kick them out if who ever does a bad job of their job.

I is Canadian
Many people support Trump and hate Mexicans, I don't...the Puerto Rican kid at my school, only Hispanic kid at my school gets bullied alot, even though Puerto Rico is a U.S territory.

Huh. Kola.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old April 17th, 2018, 10:14 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Ew, why we talking politics?

When the real problem is how Canada attacks us with people like Justin Bieber.

How dare.

Take your Bieber back.
Old April 18th, 2018, 02:10 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post
Ew, why we talking politics?

When the real problem is how Canada attacks us with people like Justin Bieber.

How dare.

Take your Bieber back.
XD finally someone linking it back to what we were originally talking about!
I can't believe discussing musicians started all this.
Old April 18th, 2018, 06:03 AM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
XD finally someone linking it back to what we were originally talking about!
I can't believe discussing musicians started all this.
Ye.