Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Starcave

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Your royal highness...
by Dakotaa
Last post by chickadee
Today 10:13 PM
We Do A Bit of Spooking
by Dust
Last post by chickadee
Today 10:11 PM
ThunderClan Nursery
by dino.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 09:24 PM
Song Requests
by Fawn
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 09:08 PM

Old March 1st, 2020, 11:58 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: The Starcave

Next came a beefier tom, his body covered in scars, maw torn up, yet he wore a bright smile. As the kit that went before him made his way back, he paused and beamed down at the small feline. "You did a very good job!" he praised before continuing on his path. Once closer to Duskfeather he gave her a curt dip of the head. "Nice to meet you! I don't think we've met when I was alive! But I'm Doeflame." he announced.

The Brown tabby sheepishly looked down at his paws, shuffling them. "You probably haven't heard of me, but you should know my wonderful sister!" he laughed. "But enough about a Former medicine cat, lets focus on a new Leader! I'm here to give you the life of Resilience!" he paused for a moment, locking eyes with the molly standing in front of him. "No matter what gets thrown at you, always get back up and get ready to take on something that could be even worse! Prove to your opponents that you can take what they dish out." he huffed, a proud smirk plastered on his face for a few seconds before he stepped forwards.

"So with this life I give you the ability to stand back up again and again and again." he said as he pressed his nose against hers. Flashes of pain coursed through what he shared with her, waves, after waves, after waves. But pride was glowing behind them, pride and joy. Hopefully she too could feel it.

Once finished, he shot her a grin and made his way back, a little bit of a skip in his step.
@hxneysuckle @pathos

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us

Last edited by Starfall; March 1st, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2020, 12:08 AM
leave the past behind

My Mood: Fine

Within the small crowd of StarClanners, a large brown and white she-cat materializes, rising to her paws just as Doeflame retreats to join the others. In slow, careful strides, Laurelbrook approaches Duskfeather and gazes into the soon-to-be leader's eyes. "Hello, Duskfeather. I'll be giving you your next life." Moments later, and she glances off to the side, smiling faintly.

"I've been in StarClan a great while, so you wouldn't know of me—but it makes me glad to see ThunderClan with a strong and courageous cat as its head." She pauses, taking a deep breath.

"As the next leader of ThunderClan, you can't be business all the time. In the storms of day-to-day life, it's easy to get swept up in the waves. No matter how well you lead, the Clan will be run into the ground should you not give yourself time to relax—to connect with your clanmates on a deeper level.

"With this life, I give you serenity. Use it to stay clear-headed and peaceful, no matter the outward circumstances." The starry warrior looks back at Duskfeather. Not waiting any longer, she presses her noses against the torbie's head and closes her eyes.

Though no vision accompanies Laurelbrook's words, a pleasant, warm feeling will begin to grow within Duskfeather. As she pulls back, the warmth will grow hotter, the pressure building exponentially, until it feels suffocating--burning. Then it will disappear, quick as it came, and all that will be left is comfort. Resolution.

"Don't let panic overwhelm you. Trust yourself, trust your Clan, and know that all will be well. Give yourself time to rest." With her last words hanging in the air, Laurelbrook turns to join the StarClan members.

[ @hxneysuckle, next life is open! ]

Last edited by ameko; March 2nd, 2020 at 12:08 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2020, 07:03 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

The silvery appearance of another starclanner appeared, making her way to Dustfeather slowly, with the grace of a cat long dead. She reached the new leader of Thunderclan and stared at the she-cat.

"I am Eaglefeather, a former elder of Thunderclan where I lived many many moons ago. I feel blessed to be chosen to give you this life, your 7th."
Looking deep into Dustfeather's eyes the female began to speak slowly but powerfully, "Dustfeather I give you a life for appreciation. Appreciate the impact a single piece of prey can have on the clan or the birth of a new member. Appreciate the work that the elders do when they teach the code or the hardship the mother's undertake when raising their kits. Everyone does something for a reason, and therefore learn to appreciate it - the rain in a dry season, the sun after a cold and frozen leafbare. Simple appreciation of yourself and your clanmates is a vital gift for a leader and I hereby give it to you."

"But most off all, appreciate yourself. Learn to feel when you're doing something good and give yourself a pat on the shoulder. You won't be all bad at this my dear."

Leaning forward she touched her nose to the she-cat in front of her, the soon to be leader of her former clan. The life that rushed through Duskfeather at this moment was easy and painless but Eaglefeather nodded in pride anyhow.

She then padded back to the ranks of the starry cats that surrounded the female and blended back in with the rest.

- @hxneysuckle @Ever

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee

Last edited by Arie; March 2nd, 2020 at 07:12 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2020, 02:31 PM

My Mood: Lurking

The thin Russian blue than was next in line stepped out on shimmering paws. Eversong approached the new leader, expression serene and calm. She had no relation to this leader but had come to pass on her virtue that had led her to peace and restfulness in the end of her life. After all, it was this attribute that had allowed her to remain hopeful and paid out in the end.

"You have had a difficult journey here." She said calmly
though the others hadn't commented on it. It was true. The new leader had gone about a different approach and would have consequences within the clan to face for her actions. Though with the help of the whose words and attributes given to her by the Starclan warriors, she would persevere in her goals. Her emerald hues were ice with the light of afterlife as she continued. "I have come to gift you a life that every great leader needs until their last breath. Use it wisely to help soothe your ambition when it is not the right time, to help you cope with the brash and immature properly and to handle the stubbornness of the elders with great care. Patience. It takes great patience to properly execute a good leadership, everything has the right time and place yo be done and said. Without patience, quick actions can be made that will affect the morale of the clan in difficult times."

Eversong touched her nose to Duskfeather's forehead to pass on the life. It was one of pain and sorrow, of carefully planned and awaited decisions. A life that burned with hope and finished with the calmness of a well planned and timed decision. Duskfeather's leadership was beginning with a decision made in a moment, a leap to power taken more quickly than her clan and Flintstar had expected. With this life it aught not to continue in that mannerism. Duskfeather's old life was far behind her now as she became a new cat entirely.

Eversong stepped back, remaining silent with a look of longing and sadness. Her life had brought back her own memories that pained her still. However, she recollected herself quickly and stepped back in the line of cats with a serene expression. Now it was Flinspirit's turn to finish this ceremony.

@hxneysuckle @RedHead
Old March 2nd, 2020, 08:08 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Flintstar— no, Flintspirit again, was grateful for Burningstar’s words. And grateful that he’d been able to relinquish his lives with no pain. It had been a swift, quick process, almost freeing.
The former leader had then stepped away, awaiting his turn to give Duskfeather a life. He was actually quite excited that he had this opportunity to, even being still alive. He had plenty of time to think long and hard about what life he would give Duskfeather, so when it was his turn, he was ready.

Stepping up to the she-cat, Flintspirit smiled down at her, tail flicking behind him ever so slightly. “You’ve been the most efficient deputy that I as a leader could’ve asked for. And I only wish that you continue to lead with that same effective effort you showcased as Thunderclan’s deputy.” He took a breath, then spoke once more, announcing the life he would give. “Duskfeather, i give you the life of truthfulness. Always strive to prove that you can be reliable and hold true to your morals and standards, even under the most strenuous pressure. Prove to your clan that they can trust you.” The black-furred tomcat leaned forward and pressed his nose to Duskfeather's head, feeling the life flow out of him and into her. It was such an odd feeling, but the powerful force that the life exerted was sook rushing into Duskfeather. This life he was giving her was something Flintspirit had always strived for himself. To be viewed as reliable in the eyes of his clanmates. “I wish you luck in your leadership Duskstar. And I will be there to help how I can.” Flintspirit then dipped his head and stepped back, coming to stand next to Duskstar, Thunderclan’s new leader.

@hxneysuckle

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old March 2nd, 2020, 09:24 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

With the final life transferred, Burningstar's voice broke the brief silence that engulfed the stars.

"I hail you by your new name, Duskstar. Your old life is no more. You have now received the nine lives of a leader, and StarClan grants you the guardianship of ThunderClan. Defend it well; care for young and old; honor your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code; live each life with pride and dignity."

As his words faded, so did the world around them to signify it was time for them to wake up.

[ @hxneysuckle ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old March 3rd, 2020, 08:27 AM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Caution @BILL.
Duskfeather could only close her eyes as the life passed through her. It was a foreign feeling, striking through her slowly, as though the life itself was remaining cautious. The Torbie's tail fluffed up and she swallowed, her mouth suddenly feeling dry. A vision formed within her mind- that of a red-brown tabby, a blood-spattered land. Chaos and screaming echoed in Duskfeather's ears, bringing her to gasp. As soon as the madness had formed, it was replaced by that of hesitation before she felt as though she were being crushed. Every action, every word that was said, it would determine how the Clan was viewed following such a dark time in history- the darkest time. In a heartbeat, she was ripped from the vision to see that the next StarClan cat had approached.
Intuition @implimm
She certainly didn't recognize this queen, though as she saw the kit that the she-cat grasped, Duskfeather felt sadness course through her. The to-be leader's ears flattened and she felt the queen's nose touch to hers. That voice inside you is never going to fail you... She would remember that. The future which awaited her was not to be taken as a joke- she was to be the new ThunderClan leader, and their lives depended on each choice she made. And as the life soaked through every bit of her body, Duskfeather could barely hold back the tears that threatened to fall. The overbearing grief, and yet the sureness of the decision of which had to be made. The queen following her intuition.
Compassion @FlameQueen
Duskfeather did recognize the next cat to step up- a ThunderClan tom, Flamepelt's father. She had never spoken to him much in his life, only having the occasional passing or being assigned to a patrol together. The she-cat's head nodded in greeting to the tom. She knew his daughter quite well given her... quite horrible choice in mates. Duskfeather's ears flattened at the thought of the kits Flamepelt held- she didn't trust them at all. They were the offspring of a violent tom, one who was murdered at his exile. She allowed her eyes to narrow, but she listened to Blazestorm closely. Her lids fell closed as he touched his nose to hers, the life bringing along a vision. Duskfeather sunk her claws into the starry land below her as boiling rage and mourning filled her, the image of what she could presume to be Blazestorm's death materializing within her mind. She opened her eyes again, rocking from side to side. Goodness, she was already so exhausted...
As Blazestorm stepped back, she nodded to him- she would do as he said. Surely Flamepelt would be glad to know her father was still looking over her from StarClan.
Sensitivity @Fae
With the next cat to step forward, she almost choked with sadness. Snailkit. His death had been horrible, starving during the games. He had brought her to want to take leadership, to prevent any more deaths such as his from happening. Duskfeather allowed herself to bend down slightly, making it easier for the kit to touch his nose to hers. Each emotion that coursed through her brought her heart to beat faster. Exhaustion weighed down at her paws and yet she felt stronger all the same. She watched Snailkit fade into the stars, nodding to him with a remorseful expression- he shouldn't have died. He had been far too young to join StarClan's ranks. But it was too late now, and she could only use her leadership to prevent such events from happening further.
Resilience @Starfall
She felt as though she should have remembered the next tom to approach, but she couldn't. The memory was fuzzy; if it was even there. Her tail flicked in greeting at the chipper tom's appearance. Duskfeather admired his attitude. Resilience- she would need it. Her demand for Flintstar to step down had torn the Clan apart, broken their trust in her. And so she would need to step back up, to rebuild her reputation and allow her Clanmates to believe in her once more. As his nose touched to hers, Duskfeather clenched her jaw, hissing with the waves and waves of pain that clawed at her body. She still found herself holding her head high, however, despite the urge to curl up and hope for the pain to end. Once her eyes opened again, the pain gone in an instant, the next cat had already stepped forward.
Serenity @pathos
Duskfeather briefly observed the she-cat, a sense of familiarity coursing through her despite having never seen this warrior before. She was almost thankful that the life had not brought along a vision. Instead, the Torbie relished in the peaceful warmth that flooded her mind. If she wasn't already asleep, it surely would have lulled her to rest. However, the warmth began to grow into searing hot pain and Duskfeather was surprised she hadn't melted right then and there. It was suffocating- she couldn't breathe, she couldn't think. And yet, just as it had appeared, it was gone once more, leaving Duskfeather with the peace she had formerly held.
Appreciation @Arie
With the former elder's life, she was grateful. It was easy and painless, with no vision to come along. Duskfeather couldn't help the sigh of relief that breathed through her lips. She allowed the appreciation of her home, the food she ate, the kits who were birthed and the deaths who were mourned, to flow into every nook and cranny of her spirit. A smile pulled at her lips and she nodded to Eaglefeather, a farewell and wish for the former elder's eternal rest.
Patience @Ever
She was exhausted. Who knew that such a ceremony could be so tiring? Duskfeather allowed herself to remain strong, however. There were two more lives to go, and although she was ready to sleep for a moon, she would keep her head up, her chest puffed, her posture straightened formally. The Torbie'ss nose wriggled as the next she-cat walked up, waving her tail in greeting. The journey had been quite the difficult one, she couldn't deny. But she the one ahead would be far more difficult. Kitten steps would need to be taken, and with the life of patience, she could do so. The careful planning, the awaited decisions, they accompanied the pain and sorrow that struck Duskfeather's spirit. She would think before she acted, a thing she had not done before. But from now on, for the good of the Clan, she would do so.
Truthfulness @RedHead
The final life, bestowed upon her by Flintspirit. Duskfeather shared a smile with the former leader, her deputy. Together they would allow ThunderClan to grow strong once more. She felt his nose touch to hers and accepted the life with closed eyes, the power, the determination to prove herself reliable to her Clan shaking her entire form. Duskfeather stayed still until the feeling fell into a faint tingle, her nine lives now giving her strength. The life ahead was not to be taken lightly, and she was ready to take on the burden. For the Clan, for Flintstar, for her family and her friends. She would prove herself to them once more. ThunderClan would be as powerful as it had been before.

With Burningstar's words, Duskfeather- no, Duskstar bowed her head thankfully. She was to lead ThunderClan now, with the blessing of StarClan and Flintspirit by her side. ThunderClan was now hers to protect.
And with that, the starry land around her faded, and she woke up in the Starcave with a gasp. Duskstar blinked away the blur within her hazel gaze and rose to her paws, stretching. It was time to face the Clan with her newfound lives, her newfound rank, her newfound name. She was now Duskstar, leader of ThunderClan. And so she turned to Flintspirit with a smile.
"Let's go home."

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old March 19th, 2020, 06:01 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

How ironic was it? To be standing here after a moon of deciding that it had to be done, the reassurance perhaps that Mistyfern would take the plunge before him. Now that chance melted away in his paws like fresh snow. What a horrible and bitter way to have to go into it. He stood at the face of the cave with nothing but an awful weight like stones in his belly. It had been a day since Mistyfern had disappeared and the realization he was about to go on this medicine cat journey on his own was frightening. He had to learn everything on his own, speak to those whom he hated and be responsible for the lives of everyone in windclan. Great.

He slipped in quietly hoping the adrenaline was enough to spur him on without thinking twice. The stone was cold and the darkness enveloping him was nothing but discomforting. As he felt his way through the narrowing tunnel only guided by the sounds of dripping water. He couldn’t think, he wouldn’t think. The pounding of his heart in his chest was enough to chase away all reasonable thought. Feeling his breaths grow shorter he charged for the gleaming light and finally he burst into an open cave. The slick surface soaked with rain water and moss was a relief from the hard walked path of the slender cave entrance. He paused feeling the light adjust his eyes and the large jagged stone encased in a heavenly glow glared right back at him. It wasn’t quite as exciting as he hoped, it was well.. rather.. ominous and unsettling as opposed to beautiful.

He padded towards the stone feeling that numbness fill his heart and freeze him to the stone. Perhaps all reasonable thoughts came crashing back down onto his head in a moment. He stood stunned at the fact he’d brought himself this far without turning back. He grumbled under his breath. ”how funny.” he snorted under his breath and glanced down at his paws before chewing the inside of his cheek. Without a thought he suddenly took a staggering step forward only a toe length away from the small shimmering pool that bordered the stone. With an anxious breath he dropped into a crouch and jerked his muzzle forward against the pool. It was nearly instantaneous...

[ The Vision ]

There he was. Surrounded by the windswept moors of windclan. Beautiful and serene in its likeness. The sky was painted with beautiful orange, red, purples and blues. He didn’t feel that regular fear.. the one he knew he’d felt for the hours leading up to this. In fact he felt a rather.. calm feeling as the warm scents of springtime bathed his tongue in wonderful thoughts. Though.. was it not supposed to be some archaic ritual meeting the ancestors before him? He stood feeling the sweet grass caress his legs and the sky swirl above his head. ”hello...?” his voice echoed out into hollow existence falling on deaf ears. He was quiet a moment.. a desperate need to hear someone respond.. someone to join him out here. There.. the subtle ache of the ground beneath him...

He felt the air around him tighten and the sky above him bleed into dark reds.. it looked menacing.. far more menacing than it had been moments ago. Was this supposed to happen? The ground.. it began to tremble and before he knew it.. it began to fall away. The hills began to fall into the earth, swallowed by large waves churning and growling. Then.. there it was emerging from between the fractures of the earth.. its beady amber eyes and foaming muzzle. A coyotes head emerged soaked with blood of clanmates. He could not move.. he could not scream.. there was nowhere to go.. nothing to do but watch. Large knashing teeth reached for the crumbling hills taking chunks and bits from it. And there a mass of shadows speeding towards him.. cats.. cats.. windclan cats.. young and old. Like wind they came racing by him, some not making it and being swallowed by the waves.. by the head.. this couldn’t be happening.

[ The End ]

With a shriek blackness took over his vision and Coyotesnarl lurched backward from the pool of glistening water. Stumbling and tripping back onto his back. ”no.. no no...” he didn’t have time to think.. any rational thoughts was blurred out by the fear of what he’d seen. ”I must warn them.. I have to warn them.. I.. I have too..” scrambling to his paws he went tearing out of the den

@Moonraven @Shimm
[ just for reference !! ]

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old April 8th, 2020, 01:02 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Thankfully at Thunderhowl's pace, it didn't take them long to make it to the Starcave.

"I have decided.." he rumbled lowly as he stopped outside the entrance. "It's about damn time you got your full name. You're gettin' to the point where you don't need your paw held anymore, and honestly-- that's a good stone-damned point to be at." She was pretty much handling most of the duties by herself at this point, which he was more than fine with-- he never wanted to be a medicine cat to begin with.

"You've been here before. Go in first."

[ @Moon Lily ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old April 8th, 2020, 01:12 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

My Mood: Tired

@BILL.

Irispaw's eyes widened as they approached the large cave, her pawsteps slowing. What...what was going on? She jolted after Thunderhowl as he padded further towards it, and realized this wasn't a joke.

"But..." She was lost for words. Her full name? But she still had so much to learn! She still had so many herbs she had to remember, and so many duties, and so many- she paused. Was she really going to reject this? She glanced at her feet, chewing her lip uncertainly.
"Okay." She mewed, mostly to herself. She should have been more excited for this, why wasn't she? It was what she had wanted.

Stepping through the stone walls once more, she felt her breath catch as darkness enveloped her. Glancing back at Thunderhowl, she padded through the tunnel, whiskers quivering at the dampness. As she trudged on, she occasionally stopped to check that she wasn't dead, and continued on. She gasped as light finally emerged, and she rushed towards it, eyes relishing the sight of the large crystal at the cave's center. It never failed to take her breath away.

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3