by dino.
Last post by squidz
Today 07:39 PM
One Word Stories!
by Myling
Today 07:39 PM

Old November 26th, 2023, 02:59 AM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: Sunset Grove

Sunnybunny
He/Him || RiverClan Warrior

The Calico was doing his best to find what was asked of him. But he was only somewhat decent at this, and being a Clancat was still pretty new to him. He was still learning about their borders. So the tom was on a hardy look out for anything that would classify as a "border marker" , and he had yet to see one. His paws definitely hurt, he felt as though he'd been walking for forever. RiverClan territory sure did stretch out pretty far.

Ears perking up as a plant caught his eye. Nice and red, and one of the few live red ones he'd seen as well! Oh how exciting! Happily trotting over the Warrior bent down and snatched some. Although his bite was larger than he was anticipating. A few additional leaves and some plants he'd never seen sticking out from his maw.

Unknowingly, the tom had stepped well over the RiverClan border.

[ BRO HAS SKEDADDLED YALL HAD A DAY HE'S GONE]

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us

Last edited by Starfall; November 27th, 2023 at 07:56 PM.
Old November 27th, 2023, 06:24 AM
Elliot ^_^

Bump Policy: ♡ 48 hrs!
My Mood: Chatty

s o f t s o n g
she/her - 97 moons - WindClan - bisexual - tags; @Starii
"Alright, here we are!" Softsong mewed, being careful to keep her voice soft so she wouldn't scare off any prey - she could already hear a few birds twittering in the sparse leaf-bare canopy above. She took a moment to soak in the smells of the grove before addressing her apprentice.
"Now pay attention. Use your ears, your nose - what do you notice?"

♡ drawn by my friend nika @lacecap

Last edited by lesbianism; November 27th, 2023 at 06:25 AM.
Old November 27th, 2023, 06:30 AM
VM me STARS

Bump Policy: Whenever you think is appropriate.
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbianism View Post
s o f t s o n g
"Alright, here we are!" Softsong mewed, being careful to keep her voice soft so she wouldn't scare off any prey - she could already hear a few birds twittering in the sparse leaf-bare canopy above. She took a moment to soak in the smells of the grove before addressing her apprentice.
"Now pay attention. Use your ears, your nose - what do you notice?"

Fallowpaw opened her mouth slightly; she could smell a sweet scent coming from somewhere; she was unable to identify what it was as she had never exactly caught prey before and she also wasn't able to identify where it was located.

she twitched her whiskers in annoyance, she turns to her mentor, I can smell something sweet but I'm not sure where it is and what it is. she meowed dissapointedly.

Last edited by Starii; November 27th, 2023 at 06:30 AM.
Old November 27th, 2023, 06:43 AM
Elliot ^_^

s o f t s o n g
"There's no shame in admitting you don't know," Softsong told her. "It's good that you told me you weren't sure - if you'd gone jumping off in any direction to try prove something, you might've scared it off."

Softsong opened her mouth to take in the scents.
"There's lots of smells here, so it might be a little tricky to tell what's what," she mewed. "The sweet smell you've caught could be prey - or it could be one of the plants. Lots of the plants Cowtuft uses are found around our territory. That damp, earthy smell is the fallen leaves beneath your feet, wet from the recent rains." Then she wrinkled her nose. "And that fishy scent is the stench of RiverClan cats. I'd wager one crossed the border recently." She lashed her tail. After she'd caught some prey, she'd investigate that scent properly and report back to Twilightstar.
"The direction of the wind, blowing the smells this way and that, can make it all the more confusing - that's why we use our other senses as well."

Softsong pricked her ears, listening for the telltale rustle of prey on the ground. "There," she hissed. "Do you hear that?" She pointed her tail to a shrew about 2 fox-lengths away, nosing around in the earth for bugs.

Last edited by lesbianism; November 27th, 2023 at 08:14 PM.
Old November 27th, 2023, 08:21 PM
Elliot ^_^

s o f t s o n g
she/her - 97 moons - WindClan - bisexual
While she waited for Fallowpaw to notice the prey, she took in a deep breath. It wasn't just recent, it was filling her whole mouth with the awful stench - they must have just missed the RiverClan trespasser. Careful not to startle the prey, she followed to where the scent was strongest, keeping one eye on her apprentice as she did.

And there it was - a medicinal plant, well over the RiverClan border and with a huge chunk taken out of it. She bristled, tail lashing in anger. What did RiverClan think they were playing at, stealing herbs from WindClan territory? She'd report this to Twilightstar at once.

Old November 28th, 2023, 05:05 AM
VM me STARS

Bump Policy: Whenever you think is appropriate.
My Mood: Angelic

Fallowpaw stares closely listening to every word her mentor said; although she didn't know how to hunt at first she was sure that when she'll try she will get it!

The brown she smelt at the stench of Riverclan as her mentor was investigating; she breathed in the horrible stench well, so she always remembers.

@lesbianism
Old November 28th, 2023, 05:15 AM
Elliot ^_^

s o f t s o n g
she/her - 97 moons - WindClan - bisexual - @Starii
"Shrews have an excellent sense of hearing and smell, but their sight is poor," she murmured. "We've ended up down wind of it, which is why it hasn't noticed us yet - if you want to keep it that way, make sure to put your weight on your haunches as you creep towards it. Once you're close enough, pounce."

Old December 2nd, 2023, 02:51 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Snowybreeze |
Heightened Perception [Smell] - Active | Rapid Recovery - Inactive

Massive paws made their way through the territory towards Sunset Grove, following after Frostpaw with a slow, easy gait. Much like his massive size and soft expression suggested, Snowybreeze was not one to rush through life, even during patrols. No... especially during those. Lest he... end up... covered in crowfood again. The thought alone was almost enough to make him shudder. His poor tongue, having to wash away the horrid taste. His sensible nose... devastated under the rank stench. And his upturned stomach, which was frankly not alright for at least a quarter moon afterwards. No no, taking it easy was much, much better in the grand scheme of things for certain.

Mismatched ears twitched one way and the other as the young warrior's sense of smell was slowly embraced with the overpowering scent of flowers and wood, the grove so different a location to anything else WindClan offered. While the quiet tom much preferred the open expanse offered out in the plateau, he would not deny the charm this place had. Despite the many scents that threatened to overtake his snoot, there was a delicate balance about the whole place, making it an overall welcoming, wholly enjoyable experience. Shaking his thick mane of fur, the Maine Coon mix looked around, keeping an eye out for both apprentices while also searching for the familiar yellow blooms the two of them had been asked to deliver. Gratefully, he was quite familiar with celandine at this point, and could quickly discover a nice batch of the eye catching flowers.

"O-over. Over here. There are. Quite a few. Celandine. To pick from," the tom called, raising a paw and motioning towards the two mollies for them to join him... unless of course they had already found some, in which case he was... being rather bold and domineering... which he would rather not be; oh dear...

Discomfort soon taking over Snowybreeze as he wondered if he should apologize for his most rude behavior, the gentle giant found himself shaking his mane once more in an attempt to collect himself. Neither seemed like they had found any herbs... and surely finding even more to collect was not bad. Besides, last time he'd been sent on a celandine collecting patrol, neither of his two companions had known what the herb looked like! He himself was only aware because of Cowtuft's meticulous description. So really... maybe he was helping, not being rude? Right? Right!

With this happy thought in mind thoroughly failing to convince him that he was being anything other than a very, very problematic cat - eep - the massive warrior dipped his head, carefully grabbing at some of the fragrant blossoms. Silently, he awaited for the others to finish, ready to follow them back to camp... or lead them if need be! Anything, really, to make up for his very uncalled for behavior from before. Honestly... what had he been thinking? Assuming Silverpaw and Frostpaw needed his help finding anything at all, when this wasn't even his patrol to begin with! It really fascinated him how he never seemed to be swallowed by a random rupture cropping up from the ground at opportune moments such as these. StarClan help him...

| +3 celandine |
@Estelle [Silverpaw] | @The Doctor [Frostpaw]
| I understand that this patrol has had some problems, so no worries on keeping too adherent to the schedule, but I wanted to provide a bit of a way for Frostpaw and Silverpaw to find the celandine so the patrol could move a bit swifter once everyone is ready to gather their herbs. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old December 3rd, 2023, 07:14 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

It was quite bothersome, really, thirty-something moons and having to follow an apprentice out into the territory for she was still unaware of every corner of these new grounds. But, raised with ignorance and domineering beings all around, she knew far better than to say anything. Stars, no. If this shy apprentice truly knew the way then all she could do was comply and follow - much as she'd rather take the lead, which was evidently not possible if she hardly knew where this 'Sunset Grove' was.

Neither would be any wiser about this lack of knowledge, however, as she confidently limped along the woven path leading to an area quite pleasing to the eye. Scents fresh scents of greenery peeked through the cold air, and for a moment Silverpaw was pleasantly surprised by the way WindClan's new (or at least, new to her) territory looked. Though there was no time for dilly-dallying, she was well aware that her injury was certain to have slowed the patrol down quite a bit - they ought to get down to business.

"Do stay close to, erm, him."
Instructing Frostpaw not to stray far away resulted in an uncharacteristic hesitance and almost apologetic glance Snowybreeze's way as she failed to recall the warrior's name, if she ever knew it. But not one to remain tongue-tied, the silver apprentice let the brief hesitance go as she broke away from the pair to further seek through the lands. After all, although she would never catch herself doubting a well-trained apprentice's abilities - she refused to stoop as low as the rest of them warriors - she would also not be held accountable if Frostpaw got lost, and she knew how to care for herself injured or not.

Meticulously searching the ground for these yellow flowers, her attention was soon picked by the soft-spoken warrior's call, as he appeared to have found what they were looking for. And quite a bit of it, too. Bothered as she felt by how useless she appeared to be during this patrol, time was wearing thin and there were more flowers than a single warrior could carry - presumably. Offering Snowybreeze a curt though polite and thankful nod, she returned to the ground and gathered up what she hoped would be enough. Through her flower-filled maw, she glanced between the pair of felines before speaking.
"We ought to head back right about now;"

[ @The Doctor @Alchemist Kitsune - Apologies for the immense delay on this, sickness has not been ahah. Thank you for moving it along! ]

Old December 4th, 2023, 11:27 AM
Master of bad jokes

Status: Please bump me if I haven't replied to an rp I'm very behind schedule!
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Busy

Frostpaw
Windclan apprentice
Purrk: Agatha Kitty(inactive)

'Stay close to, erm, him' glancing at Silverpaw as she spoke, Frostpaw gave a tiny nod of agreement at the instructions. She could probably take care of herself; she wasn't a kit, but still, it was sensible to stay with the older cats than wander off so Frostpaw wouldn't disobey.

Perking her ears at Snowybreeze's call, Frostpaw's gaze drifted to where the tom was indicating to. So that was Celandine? It matched Lightningstorm's description so it must be! Padding over to the yellow flowers, the young she-cat eyed them curiously for a few moments before discreetly watching her two patrolmates to see what they did and mirrored their way of picking just so she wouldn't do it wrong.

After getting a good buncn of Celandine she lifted her head as Silverpaw spoke again. "O-ok" she mewed in her usual nervous tone and looked around at her patrolmates for one of them to lead the way. Last time she had accidentally led them.

(Sorry for the sloppy post being ill isn't pleasant)

@Alchemist Kitsune @Estelle

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^