Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Twolegplace

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by starry
Today 04:51 AM
How does WCO see you?
Last post by Morrigan
Today 04:00 AM
Secrets of Past Generations
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 01:44 AM
The House of Horrors...
by Dust
Last post by Dust
Today 01:31 AM
Converting your YouTube...
by nyx
Last post by Seamrog
Today 01:12 AM

Old July 3rd, 2023, 08:03 AM

My Mood: Dead

Default Re: Caduceus Place [Invite Only]

Palehound's mouth parted as she noticed the way the healer flinched as his name. At the question he asked.
Ah, of course.
Chances were, he would be going by a different name.
It must hurt to hear his Clan name again after all this time.
"Sorry.... I suppose this means you're going by a different name. What are you called now?"
She breathed deeply for a few heartbeats, preparing herself to answer the harder question.
"If you are looking for a way home, I'm afraid I am not it. I don't know the way back. That's... hah, that's a long story."
The silver charcoal smiled, something that came far easier now, and the small scar on her muzzle crinkled, the pink scar tissue more noticeable for that brief moment, before her fur covered it back up as her expression softened again.

It's nice to see you....
Palehound took a few steps closer, the warm response having emboldened her.
"The feeling is mutual.... Clan life wasn't quite the same without you and Kestrelstar. But, I ended up.... being chased from the Clan. There'd been bears at the border, and I'd run into them. I was chased to a beach not too far from here...."
She closed her eyes for a few moments, remembering how furiously she'd run, how silly she felt thinking she would be the one to find a way around them, to be the one that picked up where Skystar left off.
Foolish and prideful she'd been, as she always was before.
She couldn't say she regretted where she'd ended up....
"But, as for why I came here, well.... I'd heard of a spectacular healer in the area, and wanted to consult him about sudden changes.... I won't lie, don't think I could trust anyone else as much as I trust you. It can wait, though. I'm dying to catch up with you."
She wanted to know how he'd been all this time! Was he happy? Was he treated well?
She never wanted to talk to someone as much as she wanted to talk to the russet tom in front of her. She'd missed him, he'd been almost like a sort of brother to her. And she hadn't had many to talk to outside of Shark.

[ @Rani ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.

Last edited by Abyssopelagic; July 3rd, 2023 at 08:04 AM.
Old July 13th, 2023, 03:22 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssopelagic View Post
Palehound's mouth parted as she noticed the way the healer flinched as his name. At the question he asked.
Ah, of course.
Chances were, he would be going by a different name.
It must hurt to hear his Clan name again after all this time.
"Sorry.... I suppose this means you're going by a different name. What are you called now?"
She breathed deeply for a few heartbeats, preparing herself to answer the harder question.
"If you are looking for a way home, I'm afraid I am not it. I don't know the way back. That's... hah, that's a long story."
The silver charcoal smiled, something that came far easier now, and the small scar on her muzzle crinkled, the pink scar tissue more noticeable for that brief moment, before her fur covered it back up as her expression softened again.

It's nice to see you....
Palehound took a few steps closer, the warm response having emboldened her.
"The feeling is mutual.... Clan life wasn't quite the same without you and Kestrelstar. But, I ended up.... being chased from the Clan. There'd been bears at the border, and I'd run into them. I was chased to a beach not too far from here...."
She closed her eyes for a few moments, remembering how furiously she'd run, how silly she felt thinking she would be the one to find a way around them, to be the one that picked up where Skystar left off.
Foolish and prideful she'd been, as she always was before.
She couldn't say she regretted where she'd ended up....
"But, as for why I came here, well.... I'd heard of a spectacular healer in the area, and wanted to consult him about sudden changes.... I won't lie, don't think I could trust anyone else as much as I trust you. It can wait, though. I'm dying to catch up with you."
She wanted to know how he'd been all this time! Was he happy? Was he treated well?
She never wanted to talk to someone as much as she wanted to talk to the russet tom in front of her. She'd missed him, he'd been almost like a sort of brother to her. And she hadn't had many to talk to outside of Shark.

[ @Rani ]

Once again there was proof that in this new life the ex medicne cats paranoa was unfounded. Riverclan didnt know he was here, of course they didnt he was still a good couple of days journey from the clans living under a new name and not making waves. Perhaps more releaving to him was that Palehound was not here to drag him back, he could take and even understand his old clan reclaiming him for whatever reason but his old friends betreyal would not be something his heart could withstand so easily.

The tom grinned now leaning into her approach and sniffing at her gently trying to answer some questions without prying. She smelled healthy at least, no sickness or blood he'd come to so easily identify but there was a hint of.... Huh. The tom couldnt be certain but that scent usually meant the early signs of one thing, not bad but he'd have to look closer.
"Well if there's anything you know for certain I can do its healing, havent lost that touch. Ive actually been trying to help more. To..... Well you of all cats know what Ive done to merit recompense. Even bar that I'd be happy to help, follow me Ive learned to not mind it but if we stay out in the open we're at risk of the twolegs petting us."
Not something a clan cat like Palehound would wont to tolerate he assumed. The lanky tom stood and gestured for her to follow as he snaked through the park to the little herb filled den under the bridge.

"Ah- youre not wrong on the name front though. I go by Nathaniel now, a proper kittypet name my mate tells me, and to tell truth I dont mind it. I, well, I dont mind if you call me Snakeheart either though."
She could be assured to not spit the name in bitterness like most might, his major issue with a name he still loved. It was bittersweet pain that, the name he was given by his mother and for his kind at core twisted by most to be for his surface level attitude. Nothing he could change now though and nor did he try to.

Speaking of.... "To correct you a bit though Im not trying to get back to Riverclan. I miss it but.... Well contrary to your situation I left willingly and knowingly and dont really intend on returning. I miss it certainly and still love home but.... Well I guess you understand mm?" Clan life wasn't quite the same without you and Kestrelstar. It could never, would never, be the same again. Shaking the thought off the tom ducked into the den, gesturing to a nest made of clean but discarded twoleg fabric and sat like he always had during exams.

"Im sorry about your circumstances though that sounds terrifying. Bears in the territories, I hope Skystar has it all in paw.
Tell me whats up and we can chat while I look you over. I know you said it can wait but you know how I get about delaying health things, and about wasting time when I can multitask." Contrary bossy Snakeheart would always be so, clan or no. "Now talk then you can fire away questions to your 'captive audience'." A rare laugh, not a snicker but still hissing lisping as the healer waiting, a clear cut change in expression he never wore healing before.
Old July 24th, 2023, 03:05 AM
:P

Status: 彡 ╰► hiatus ; ghost of a werewolf lurking bout forums✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 oh Gods oh gods oh ogds oh godf hngrj tggggd.99p4t,sfkkk
My Mood: Lurking

「〷」 THE HOLY GHOST「〷」
╰► SPIRIT
he | they ♛ tall black, grey, and white chimera with varying fur lengths and texture; bright amber eyes, kinked tail♛
ೃ⁀➷ @Rani

The chimera's dark nose wrinkled up at the explanation of of a 'cutter.' They weren't fond of fleshbags, their smell was strange and their voices was loud. Luckily, their previous-previous arrangement had been far enough from them they never experienced much trouble unless he had gone looking for it. Spirit's ears did perk up at the last statement. But hey you're with me now that shouldn't be an issue. Was he offering them protection? That was a bold offer, he was a stranger. Maybe this feline didn't worry about what Spirit could do because he could do worse.

It took much restraint to not jerk away from the touch of another but Spirit was soon sinking into the warmth. Admittedly, they didn't tell the other their legs were fine. The pain was annoying, but it wasn't unbearable. Honestly, he ought to quit whining about it. He just simply appreciated the help, the comfort. (and the other's scent was strong of herbs that it made their stomach churn with disgust of memories but the sick nolgastic feeling of home.) It was the sudden yelp that came from the kittypet that did lead to Spirit wincing away, amber eyes widening with a flicker of terror before settling into the look of sadness they had carried prior. So. There had been a misunderstanding, but information was useful. Deathberries were red.

They had settled in silence, nodding their head. Unfortunately, the other didn't elaborate on any actual poisons. Suppose he would have to stick towards the old-fashion way.

"You didn't give me your name,," They pointed out, this stranger was a bit peculiar. Would do them good to actually know his name. They pondered over what name to give the stranger, the exchange would happen. Always did, one of those unspoken rules. "Canary, " and with that, they were arriving at the humble abode of someone Spirit had not a clue about. And they were led to uhm, something that looked like a nest.

After the tom had laid Spirit down, they were quick to stand back up, interested in this.... thing. Sniff. Sniff. Tufted ears perked up and his interest was absolutely captured. Delicately, he pawed at it, recoiled at the soft texture, and then nudged it with his nose again. Sooft. And then, as if this situation could NOT get any stranger. (get it?) This, this GUY, offered even more help. He was going to teach them.

Spirit did not TRUST. Nope. Absolutely not. They weren't going to be fooled. Clearly, this guy wanted something. And ooh, man, Spirit was the master of getting things. Spinning things around. They weren't going to be fooled, it would be the other way around.

While waiting for this absolute devious kittypet to return, they decided to shuffle under the nest. Not onto of it, felt more secure to be under it. It didn't entirely work, their muzzle poked out and their long, kinked tail was swishing back and forth. Felt safer, still. "thank you, " Spirit mumbled out, they didn't think they said that. They needed to be obedient this time until they were out of this.

Last edited by wolfie; July 24th, 2023 at 03:14 AM.
Old July 26th, 2023, 12:44 PM

Palehound stayed still as Nathaniel sniffed her, likely a non-invasive method of checking for illness. She didn't remember much about healing, given that she rarely, if ever, ended up in the Medicine Den. Usually for others, rarely for herself.
And she'd only ever found herself with wounds she wouldn't dare leave to heal on their own.... twice, perhaps. Her fur had always done a fantastic job protecting her in battle.

She didn't really understand why he felt he had to make up for anything. Aside from his sharp tongue and.... well, perhaps many would find the stint with the berries to be reprehensible, but she could hardly remember much else he might have done wrong.
The silver charcoal realized her view of him was perhaps rose-tinted, given they'd had a half decent relationship and her morals were... rather loose, after her training with Berryscorch a la Dark Forest.
Still, she felt he was a little too harsh on himself.
Palehound opened her mouth to say as much when the mention of being pet by a twoleg made her shudder and quickly follow behind him.
"Haven't liked twolegs since they stuffed me into a metal den and tried to take me. I will pass on being touched."
The memory of it alone was enough to make her hackles raise.
The pain that memory caused was softened as she reminded herself that she likely never would have found her mother and reconnected with her had it not happened....
Flyfur.... perhaps Nathaniel would be interested in hearing about that. She knew her mother had been well known for her activity in the Clan and the sheer number of cats she adopted.
Perhaps she'd been someone else he'd been close with?
She'd have to ask at some point.

As she stood outside the Den beside him, Palehound glanced at the Herb storage and couldn't help but allow herself a moment to truly take in the scent that gently wafted from within. It was a slice of home, almost. A piece of Clan life she hadn't realized just how much she missed until then.
It made her homesick.
But it also put her at ease.
It hurt but it comforted.
It was a strange feeling.
Her eyes slid back to her old friend as he spoke once again, insisting that she could call him by his old name instead. She wasn't quite sure how to feel about that.... but then again, she'd been reluctant to let go of her own name. Even now, only Shark could get away with shortening her name to "Pale".

She mulled over it for a moment.
"Snakeheart is certainly easier for me to remember." Her hazel eyes looked over to his green ones.
"But if you'd prefer.... Nathaniel, I hardly mind making the effort. It'll become easier with time."
It took a few more beats of silence before something he'd said clicked with her head. Mate.
He had a mate?
Palehound grinned a little.
That was adorable.
It was yet another thing she'd have to remember to talk to him about. Hah, so much time had passed and so much had changed for them, and yet they were in similar stages of their life.
So closely did their lives mirror, despite all this distance.
Stars, she was sentimental today.
Eventually.... er, the cat she wasn't quite sure how he wished to be addressed saved her from her thoughts, addressing something she'd mentioned.
He'd left willingly....
Did.... did that mean he knew the way home?
Hope swelled in her chest.
Maybe she could finally go back.
Maybe she could return to a lifestyle familiar and comfortable to her.
Except.... would that be something Shark would want? They hadn't spoken much about her life in the Clans. Just basics. She never really felt like going too deep into her own history, when it all felt like she was trying to throw herself a pity party for sympathy.
So she spoke of the few happier moments that, even now, seemed few and far between.

Palehound followed the lanky tom into the Den, squeezing in beside him. The scent of herbs nearly overwhelmed her with the nostalgia they brought.
She bit her tongue to keep herself from becoming too entranced within her own thoughts.
At his indication, the large tabby moved to settle on the nest. Rather than laying down, she simply sat. She'd move if he asked, but as it was, she wasn't sure she really needed to lay down.
"Well, if the bears were going to be a problem for the Clans, I suppose me getting chased by them gave him more time to find a solution."
They had chased her a good distance from home. And they'd already been a few hours away from their borders.
Best case scenario, the rest of the Clan never had to see them.

Palehound gave a exhale of concealed laughter as the healer immediately began bossing her around. Some things certainly never changed!
"Already getting bossy with me! We've barely had time to chat, but I suppose I'll concede this time."
She wracked her brain for the exact symptoms that lead to her coming out here to begin with. Some of them were smaller than others, but put together just.... well, had her worried.
"Well, it's not just one or two things. There's a lot of small irregularities that just seem to be adding up, but I suppose my chief complaints are the weight gain and sleepiness.
I haven't changed my diet, and not only do I seem to be gaining weight, I'm noticing I'm still hungry after meals.
But I'm note sure if the weight gain can be attributed to my increased sleeping. I've been keeping up with conditioning and sort of work outs since I settled, but I've found I can't really keep up with them. And even when I do nothing, I feel like sleeping all the time."

She didn't like feeling useless.
Shark can say it's fine all he wants, but it didn't feel right for him to become the sole provider just because she's sleepy all of a sudden!
Sometimes he was just too nice, too willing to do everything.
No!
She wouldn't let him do everything alone - they were mates, and mates are supposed to support each other! She was hardly doing her part if it all fell to him.
She wouldn't do that to him.
Palehound grumbled to herself for a moment before returning to her symptoms.
"My stomach is also doing some weird thing. The fur has been oily, it's been weirdly sensitive to touch. I've even got spots of me turning pink."
It was a weird, weird mess of things and hopefully her old friend knew how to sort it out, because she was honestly at a loss.
Wait, was she being whiney?
She felt like she was complaining a lot.
Was she?
Shark hadn't mentioned it, but.... would he have even if she was?
Snakeheart was brutally honest. He'd tell her the truth. Then he could tell her what was wrong and it could be fixed.

[ @Rani ]

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old August 1st, 2023, 10:46 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by x ghostie View Post
「〷」 THE HOLY GHOST「〷」
╰► SPIRIT
he | they ♛ tall black, grey, and white chimera with varying fur lengths and texture; bright amber eyes, kinked tail♛
ೃ⁀➷ @Rani

The chimera's dark nose wrinkled up at the explanation of of a 'cutter.' They weren't fond of fleshbags, their smell was strange and their voices was loud. Luckily, their previous-previous arrangement had been far enough from them they never experienced much trouble unless he had gone looking for it. Spirit's ears did perk up at the last statement. But hey you're with me now that shouldn't be an issue. Was he offering them protection? That was a bold offer, he was a stranger. Maybe this feline didn't worry about what Spirit could do because he could do worse.

It took much restraint to not jerk away from the touch of another but Spirit was soon sinking into the warmth. Admittedly, they didn't tell the other their legs were fine. The pain was annoying, but it wasn't unbearable. Honestly, he ought to quit whining about it. He just simply appreciated the help, the comfort. (and the other's scent was strong of herbs that it made their stomach churn with disgust of memories but the sick nolgastic feeling of home.) It was the sudden yelp that came from the kittypet that did lead to Spirit wincing away, amber eyes widening with a flicker of terror before settling into the look of sadness they had carried prior. So. There had been a misunderstanding, but information was useful. Deathberries were red.

They had settled in silence, nodding their head. Unfortunately, the other didn't elaborate on any actual poisons. Suppose he would have to stick towards the old-fashion way.

"You didn't give me your name,," They pointed out, this stranger was a bit peculiar. Would do them good to actually know his name. They pondered over what name to give the stranger, the exchange would happen. Always did, one of those unspoken rules. "Canary, " and with that, they were arriving at the humble abode of someone Spirit had not a clue about. And they were led to uhm, something that looked like a nest.

After the tom had laid Spirit down, they were quick to stand back up, interested in this.... thing. Sniff. Sniff. Tufted ears perked up and his interest was absolutely captured. Delicately, he pawed at it, recoiled at the soft texture, and then nudged it with his nose again. Sooft. And then, as if this situation could NOT get any stranger. (get it?) This, this GUY, offered even more help. He was going to teach them.

Spirit did not TRUST. Nope. Absolutely not. They weren't going to be fooled. Clearly, this guy wanted something. And ooh, man, Spirit was the master of getting things. Spinning things around. They weren't going to be fooled, it would be the other way around.

While waiting for this absolute devious kittypet to return, they decided to shuffle under the nest. Not onto of it, felt more secure to be under it. It didn't entirely work, their muzzle poked out and their long, kinked tail was swishing back and forth. Felt safer, still. "thank you, " Spirit mumbled out, they didn't think they said that. They needed to be obedient this time until they were out of this.

..... New theory. Deathberries, if consumed but lives through stunted intelligence or made the brain go funny. Evidence for this theory; this guy. Who was now under the nest. Not how things were done unless you were a kitten scared of a thunderstorm. .....Yeah Nathaniel didnt have the mental capacity to therapize this guy, just heal him and move on. Heal 'Canary' as was apparently his name and move on. .....Actually thinking of it maybe this guy was off in the head before the deathberry thing. Like, he ate the damn berries in the first place maybe he'd been dropped on his head as a kitten.

Whatever, be polite. "Im Sna- Nathaniel. Im Nathaniel, the local healer around these parts. Used to be named something different as you can tell but it was years ago and doesnt matter. Anyways, budge up, I saw most of your wounds were on your front so you can stay under for the most part but I need to see your injuries." The tom dropped the bundle of marigold, cobwebs, soaked moss, and dandelions on the ground and waited, looking at the barest hint of the wound on 'Canary's' cheek he could see.

In the meantime.... "How about I settle your fears a bit here. All Im gonna do at first is clean your wounds with this wet moss to make sure theyre clean and chew up the herbs here. They wont be eaten by you, so cant poison you even though these herbs wouldnt, just applied to the injuries."

The healer pointed at the moss first. "Wounds need to be cleaned to prevent infections which is when the wound goes 'bad'. That's when the wound swells, turns red, starts weeping puss, and kinda.... rots eventually. Infection can kill if not treated." Normally Nathaniel wouldnt go into detail but he couldnt be sure what this blockhead actually knew. "It is in fact dirt and gunk that causes this so cleaning really helps but isnt a total preventative."
Nathaniel swapped to the marigold bloom. "This is what really prevents infection. Marigold. Any part of the plant chewed and applied to the wound helps a ton. Needs to be replaced every four(?) or so days though." Maybe it was because he used to live in a rather wet environment but as Snakeheart he'd found that salves trapped under cobwebs could go 'bad' and even start rotting if not changed enough.
Next the dandelion leaves. "Marigold does nothing for the pain however. This is why we have dandelion. The leaves chewed into a salve takes away the pain, though its temporary and only really skin deep." This is why poppyseeds were always better.
Finally the cobwebs "These are normal cobwebs. Once the salve is on these keep it on the wound and the wound clean and protected from any more dirt while it heals. This is the order and things I am going to use to heal you. Will you let me or are you gonna freak out."

Because really this cat seemed a second off of flipping his lid and was far too big compared to skinny Nathaniel to be tolerated during a hissyfit. Canary could go somewhere else in that case thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssopelagic View Post
Palehound stayed still as Nathaniel sniffed her, likely a non-invasive method of checking for illness. She didn't remember much about healing, given that she rarely, if ever, ended up in the Medicine Den. Usually for others, rarely for herself.
And she'd only ever found herself with wounds she wouldn't dare leave to heal on their own.... twice, perhaps. Her fur had always done a fantastic job protecting her in battle.

She didn't really understand why he felt he had to make up for anything. Aside from his sharp tongue and.... well, perhaps many would find the stint with the berries to be reprehensible, but she could hardly remember much else he might have done wrong.
The silver charcoal realized her view of him was perhaps rose-tinted, given they'd had a half decent relationship and her morals were... rather loose, after her training with Berryscorch a la Dark Forest.
Still, she felt he was a little too harsh on himself.
Palehound opened her mouth to say as much when the mention of being pet by a twoleg made her shudder and quickly follow behind him.
"Haven't liked twolegs since they stuffed me into a metal den and tried to take me. I will pass on being touched."
The memory of it alone was enough to make her hackles raise.
The pain that memory caused was softened as she reminded herself that she likely never would have found her mother and reconnected with her had it not happened....
Flyfur.... perhaps Nathaniel would be interested in hearing about that. She knew her mother had been well known for her activity in the Clan and the sheer number of cats she adopted.
Perhaps she'd been someone else he'd been close with?
She'd have to ask at some point.

As she stood outside the Den beside him, Palehound glanced at the Herb storage and couldn't help but allow herself a moment to truly take in the scent that gently wafted from within. It was a slice of home, almost. A piece of Clan life she hadn't realized just how much she missed until then.
It made her homesick.
But it also put her at ease.
It hurt but it comforted.
It was a strange feeling.
Her eyes slid back to her old friend as he spoke once again, insisting that she could call him by his old name instead. She wasn't quite sure how to feel about that.... but then again, she'd been reluctant to let go of her own name. Even now, only Shark could get away with shortening her name to "Pale".

She mulled over it for a moment.
"Snakeheart is certainly easier for me to remember." Her hazel eyes looked over to his green ones.
"But if you'd prefer.... Nathaniel, I hardly mind making the effort. It'll become easier with time."
It took a few more beats of silence before something he'd said clicked with her head. Mate.
He had a mate?
Palehound grinned a little.
That was adorable.
It was yet another thing she'd have to remember to talk to him about. Hah, so much time had passed and so much had changed for them, and yet they were in similar stages of their life.
So closely did their lives mirror, despite all this distance.
Stars, she was sentimental today.
Eventually.... er, the cat she wasn't quite sure how he wished to be addressed saved her from her thoughts, addressing something she'd mentioned.
He'd left willingly....
Did.... did that mean he knew the way home?
Hope swelled in her chest.
Maybe she could finally go back.
Maybe she could return to a lifestyle familiar and comfortable to her.
Except.... would that be something Shark would want? They hadn't spoken much about her life in the Clans. Just basics. She never really felt like going too deep into her own history, when it all felt like she was trying to throw herself a pity party for sympathy.
So she spoke of the few happier moments that, even now, seemed few and far between.

Palehound followed the lanky tom into the Den, squeezing in beside him. The scent of herbs nearly overwhelmed her with the nostalgia they brought.
She bit her tongue to keep herself from becoming too entranced within her own thoughts.
At his indication, the large tabby moved to settle on the nest. Rather than laying down, she simply sat. She'd move if he asked, but as it was, she wasn't sure she really needed to lay down.
"Well, if the bears were going to be a problem for the Clans, I suppose me getting chased by them gave him more time to find a solution."
They had chased her a good distance from home. And they'd already been a few hours away from their borders.
Best case scenario, the rest of the Clan never had to see them.

Palehound gave a exhale of concealed laughter as the healer immediately began bossing her around. Some things certainly never changed!
"Already getting bossy with me! We've barely had time to chat, but I suppose I'll concede this time."
She wracked her brain for the exact symptoms that lead to her coming out here to begin with. Some of them were smaller than others, but put together just.... well, had her worried.
"Well, it's not just one or two things. There's a lot of small irregularities that just seem to be adding up, but I suppose my chief complaints are the weight gain and sleepiness.
I haven't changed my diet, and not only do I seem to be gaining weight, I'm noticing I'm still hungry after meals.
But I'm note sure if the weight gain can be attributed to my increased sleeping. I've been keeping up with conditioning and sort of work outs since I settled, but I've found I can't really keep up with them. And even when I do nothing, I feel like sleeping all the time."

She didn't like feeling useless.
Shark can say it's fine all he wants, but it didn't feel right for him to become the sole provider just because she's sleepy all of a sudden!
Sometimes he was just too nice, too willing to do everything.
No!
She wouldn't let him do everything alone - they were mates, and mates are supposed to support each other! She was hardly doing her part if it all fell to him.
She wouldn't do that to him.
Palehound grumbled to herself for a moment before returning to her symptoms.
"My stomach is also doing some weird thing. The fur has been oily, it's been weirdly sensitive to touch. I've even got spots of me turning pink."
It was a weird, weird mess of things and hopefully her old friend knew how to sort it out, because she was honestly at a loss.
Wait, was she being whiney?
She felt like she was complaining a lot.
Was she?
Shark hadn't mentioned it, but.... would he have even if she was?
Snakeheart was brutally honest. He'd tell her the truth. Then he could tell her what was wrong and it could be fixed.

[ @Rani ]

It's funny had she asked Palehound wouldve been one among the few cats Snakeheart would explain all his 'sins' to. Both the ones that did fall at his paws and the ones he perceived to. But she didnt, and that, in a way, was comforting too. At least at this moment Palehound didnt care to ask and took the tom as he was in the moment.

Moving through reactions to the (more) present the comment on twolegs earned a small snort but a nod of understanding, though Snakeheart had come to enjoy it he'd reasonably hated twolegs in the past and could understand how for some that feeling stayed.

The (continued) commenting on his name earned Palehound a gentle smack with the tail and a muttered "I said Snakeheart is fine from you and it is. Its comforting in a way." Before he froze, eyes narrowing at the molly as she grinned, a moment passing before it clicked what she was grinning about. Oh no. Nononono Palehound was not allowed to meet Rhiannon that was a recipe for disaster. The toms mate already ruled his life, he didnt need her meeting another strong molly and learning not only his more embarrassing moments he hadnt mentioned, but also any of the skills Palehound knew. Rhiannon did not need more power. "Note to self you are not meeting my mate I dont not care to even think of the things you would tell or teach her. You'd get on like a territory fire and Im smart enough not to fan that ember, thank you very much." His words were playful so starclan knows how much the words were kept to.

Fast forwarding to the molly having settled in and poking fun as the healer the tom let out a playful hiss, a common sound for him and one long proven to not generally mean aggression. After all "We can talk all we want when Im sure you arent going to keel over on me! Scolding me for being bossy- I am being very caring Ill have you know." His snooty little sniff was ruined by a snicker but he soon shut up listening to the symptoms.

They were.... Odd to say the least The weight gain and sleepyness spoke of sickness and not enough exercise (except she was exercising). Maybe some borage to help that and with the hypothesized 'sickness' eventually fading the hunger (a bodies attempt to feed a body fighting something off) and tiredness (signs of the inner battle) would also fade. It obvious wasnt a strong sickness like whitecough or greencough but maybe a small lingering one?

Except the outward signs made no sense! Sweating was more normal in bad illnesses but oil? And pink?????
Separately the symptoms didnt make sense! The healer had only seen something like this in- wait. Hold on.

A frustrated frown froze then faded into more of a neutral, contemplative expression as the tom leaned in and sniffed at the said oily belly. The smell was faint, very faint, and if you hadnt had a career in occasionally sniffing queens it could easily be dismissed. But there it was the faint smell of a queen with kits. Maybe. He'd need to confirm.
"Ok well I think I have an explanation but I need to make sure because its a big one. Not a bad one though. Lay down and let me get a feel. Ill be gentle I promise."
Once she was down a pair of gentle paws would rest over the growing mass within a slight smile emerging as the tom became sure it wasnt a true problem.
Old August 23rd, 2023, 02:32 AM
:P

Status: 彡 ╰► hiatus ; ghost of a werewolf lurking bout forums✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 oh Gods oh gods oh ogds oh godf hngrj tggggd.99p4t,sfkkk
My Mood: Lurking

「〷」 THE HOLY GHOST「〷」
╰► SPIRIT
he | they ♛ tall black, grey, and white chimera with varying fur lengths and texture; bright amber eyes ♛
ೃ⁀➷ @Rani

"..Nathaniell, " Spirit repeated, dragging the name out with a long drawl. It was a name. Not one he would've chosen but it was a name. Supposedly this cat's name. They shuffled closer, plopping their head out from underneath the nest. Still. Nathaniel hesitated. As if he wasn't sure. Bright amber eyes dropped to survey the other's scars, tilting his head to the left. Secrets were riddled with each and every one of them. Spirit supposed they couldn't be shocked. Everyone had their woes, their faults. "How old are you?" He asked, genuinely curious. He didn't think they had a large age gap.

Eyebrows furrowed together, oh. ,, he wasn't,, scared. Wasn't. He was wary. Spirit didn't correct Nathaniel on this. It was rude to be so defiant. Best to let the other be under the false assumption. They nodded their head slowly, still carefully watching the other. There would be no trust offered here. His tail stopped flickering back and forth -- coming to a standstill. Spirit would watch and listen. Learn.

It became very clear as Nathaniel continued on that multiple false assumptions had been made. The chimera didn't like the way the other overexplained. They weren't knowledgeable about herbs but he wasn't an idiot. He knew what infection was. Experienced it. How it was caused. Spirit was practically fully grown. It would be strange for him not to. He wasn't a kittypet. He had to fight the urge to unsheathe his claws because they were the Holy Ghost. How dare they be underestimated?

Spirit bit their tongue. "Marigold, " They repeated instead. Whatever. This was Nathaniel's undoing. A mistake. His knowledge was now theirs. "I knew someone named Marigold .. Awfully sweet she was.. " Share information, make connection. Offer a falsehood of trust. Vulnerability. A smile slipped onto his face. "Unfortunately she has long since passed... Never knew how to hold her tongue. " (it did not occur to them that this was more ominous than anything)

By the time Nathaniel finished explaining the lanky tom had shuffled completely out of the nest, sitting up straight. Every so often twitching. Like he was ready to make a run for it. "Thank you, Nathaniel.,, of course I'll let you, " ish. Spirit was going to do his very best. He forced his shoulders to slump, his posture falling into something more submissive, more open to be examined.

"..so... you mentioned,, yarrow previously? I've never heard of that."

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; August 23rd, 2023 at 02:32 AM.
Old September 1st, 2023, 11:23 AM

≈≈ Palehound: The Hanged Man, Reversed
Purrks: None ≈≈

Palehound blinked as Snakeheart bapped her in the face with his tail. She paused to swat away his tail from her face, glaring playfully at the ginger tom.
"A rather rude response to just smack me over this."
It reminded her greatly of when he'd pushed her into a snow drift when.... weren't they both still 'paws at the time? Or just her? It felt like eons ago, beyond just the lifetimes of many cats.
Her reminiscing was interrupted when she was reminded that she'd mentioned wanting to meet his mate. She laughed, barely existing tail waggling with each giggle.
"Don't tell me you've been keeping secrets from her. Now that's all the more reason for us to speak!"
There wasn't really anything in particular she'd tell the other molly, but the suggestion gave her quite the opportunity to tease him, nonetheless.
"Besides, I want to know who's managed to crack through your shell so much. She obviously makes you very happy."
And that was quite a feat in itself. She could hardly remember a time he'd ever been happy during their life in the Clans.
Perhaps it was a combination of not having the stress of keeping a Clan alive and well on top of it all, but he was certainly more at ease now than she'd ever seen him.
She was quite pleased that life seemed to be treating him much better now than it had before. Snakeheart deserved it for all he'd done for RiverClan.

Oh no, there was no way that was a good sign.
Never should a healer frown over receiving a list a symptoms. It meant they were just as perplexed as you were and that would get them nowhere.
It didn't help make her feel less confused when he leaned to sniff her. The silver charcoal knew it was a common diagnostic tool that Medicine Cats used, something about different illnesses having a different scent.
It wasn't something she could imagine that someone who's nose wasn't geared towards telling the difference would be able to distinguish themself. Stars knew how long it took healers to learn it themselves.
She relaxed as the frown melted from her friends face and she asked her to lay down, promising that while a major announcement of sorts, it wasn't dangerous.
Okay, she could deal with that.
Carefully, Palehound laid on her side, her slightly swollen belly shifting away from the ground as she let her weight rest.
It felt weird. It was one thing to feel her belly do that when she was curled up in her nest with Shark, it was far more jarring to feel it when there wasn't any moss to cushion her body.
She also had never realized just how sensitive her stomach had become until Snakeheart pressed gentle paws to her. It didn't hurt, but she'd never been so aware of someone touching her in her life.
After a few moments, she felt it might be safe to ask her question.
"So, what is this "not bad" but "life changing" diagnosis?"
It hadn't occurred to her what it probably was, as she was far more concerned with the possibility of an illness, especially one that would limit her ability to continue enjoying the life she's made with her mate.

[ @Rani ]