Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Borders

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Sleepy Thicket
by BEAR.
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 10:09 AM
RiverClan Medicine Cat...
by starry
Last post by poppy
Today 10:07 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 10:06 AM
Hiatus Question
by Bean
Last post by Bean
Today 10:05 AM

Old January 2nd, 2021, 06:28 PM
PIIIIIIIIIIICKLES

My Mood: Lazy
Default Re: Herondive Hollow

Owlspots seemed annoyed, Rabbitear noted. She had to keep Frecklepaw in check. "No, I don't," she answered after a quick survey of her surroundings. Her ears took in every sound, her nose every scent. Nothing. She looked at Frecklepaw. He was definitely ready to head back. @feather lily @Fuzzy
RC: Flintkit
WC: Frostedface, Weaselthorn, Ashkit
StC: Ravenpaw
Outsiders: Sammy, Cinderstripe

I'm open to rp any time! <3
I'm going through something hard right now, replies will be slow and possibly short.
Old January 2nd, 2021, 08:01 PM

My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Fire View Post
Owlspots seemed annoyed, Rabbitear noted. She had to keep Frecklepaw in check. "No, I don't," she answered after a quick survey of her surroundings. Her ears took in every sound, her nose every scent. Nothing. She looked at Frecklepaw. He was definitely ready to head back. @feather lily @Fuzzy
“ so are when done here? “ frecklepaw asked looking around he was ready to leave whenever they where
Old January 3rd, 2021, 07:40 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Ashenpaw @Mumble , Hazelpaw @VALLIANCE , Pinepaw @Bread , Marigoldpaw @Wolfgirl8 , Frecklepaw @feather lily , Shrewpaw @gs29513 , Moonpaw @QueenCuphead , Poppypaw @dusty Bells , Foxpaw @Snow Fox

PROMPT: In an old lightning struck tree you spot a sleeping owl, it doesn't pay any attention to you. Is it here to nest or just take a nap?

Of all the borders shadowclan had, this was the warriors favourite. It was simultaneously the quietest and least hostile and after she'd lead the patrol to retake it Adderfang made a point to return as often as possible when she was stressed. So this was going to be a quiet start. Sitting down in an elevated stump to look over the area she released the group with a nod to run around and explore as she began her lecture in a loud enough voice for them to hear.

"Welcome everyone to herondive hollow, our border with thunderclan and one of three areas you can be assigned in a border patrol. Explore the area but stay within hearing distance by the end of this I want you to all know what thunderclan smells like and have scent marked the border at least once. Cross the border I will take off your tail to line my nest.

Now its, as you can see, a heavily wooded little ravine named for the herons that often inhabit it. Types of dangers you'll find here are foxes, owls, dogs and very very rarely badgers but its pretty uncommon to run into dangers here though more common than a cat attack. In terms of prey you'll find voles, mice, finch, and other birds so its sometimes worth it to hunt here while youre patrolling.

Shadowclans history with thunderclan is for the most part, stable, however once in recent history in an attack lead by Icestar shadowclan raided thunderclans camp and beat the fur off of them on their own turf despite them getting prior warning from a shadowclan cat turning traitor. Icestar later killed this cat but still the audacity is incredible. Now you may think that this would mean there would be hostilities between our clans but since the even the entire group thunderclan high ranks have been replaced and not one of the current group was in power when the attack occurred. That added to the fact that we only kicked down a couple of dens and defeated their warriors, light punishments compared to what couldve happened, means we are on neutral terms with the clan.

Now can anyone tell me what particular skills or weaknesses thunderclan is known for?"

Though she let the question hang in the air for anyone to take a crack at answering the molly for the most part relaxed and watched now. Adderfang would step in if they were in real danger or if one of them was being stupid but for now she was happy to sit back. They all had a chance to answer and/or go explore and she'd chose the apprentice who did the best to be the 'patrol lead' before she answered the question (and any other they asked her) herself.

Last edited by Rani; January 3rd, 2021 at 07:40 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2021, 07:54 AM
welcome to the garden

My Mood: Bashful

Breathing in the fresh, peaty air of the hollow, Hazelpaw wasn't disappointed. It was a peaceful location. She'd have to come back here.

Biting her lip, she thought over Adderfang's question. ThunderClan's strengths and weaknesses... She had to admit she wasn't sure. ThunderClan was like ShadowClan, right? Hunting in the woods? Except they had maples and stuff. Hazelpaw shook her head. She was obviously there to learn; let some other cat with more experience handle the knowledge.

Beginning to drift away from the group, she sniffed at the scent boundary and scrunched her nose at the acrid tang of mingled scents. She supposed she had to mark it. She glanced guiltily around, then quickly left her scent on the border. She glanced up, further observing the territory. An old split tree drooped in one part of the hollow, burnt from lightning and weary from age. A small crevice, as big as two cats, gaped near the top of the trunk. Curiously, she stepped closer. Was that...?

Yes! In the shadows, she could spot the mottled feathers of an owl inside the hole. She cocked her head. She'd seen owls before in Twolegplace, but never as big as this one, and always quite harmless. Uneasily, she turned back to Adderfang. It was probably nothing. No sense in reporting a lone bird.

"you have enemies? good. that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -victor hugo
bump me after 72 hrs
character site
Old January 3rd, 2021, 11:05 AM

My Mood: Bored

frecklepaw just sat there why here why do i always have to be here he thought, small flashes from the attack came back to him but who was the cat? last time he was here there was a badger and the time before that as when he was attacked what was there weakness? there fear there hatred for cats that are in shadowclan, thats what he thought but he knew it wasnt right and he knew it was a bad idea to say out loud
@Rani
Old January 3rd, 2021, 12:18 PM
Hehe I exist

Marigoldpaw thought Herondive hollow was nice, but boring. Very very boring. There wasn’t much danger or excitement. Just prey-which they weren’t even allowed to hunt- and annoying apprentices. B-O-R-I-N-G!

Marigoldpaw impatiently tapped her paw against the ground only to perk up slightly at Adderfang’s story. She couldn’t help but think how stupid Boring Thunderclan was to trust them through of course it was better that they weren’t at war with them. Unlike how they were essentially at war with the rabbit runners. As Adderfang asked her question Marigoldpaw immediately though, Nothing. Thunderclan was good at nothing! At least nothing original, but sensing “nothing” wasn’t the answer Adderfang wanted she tried to remember stuff about them. Well they lived in a forest, so what did forests have? Hmmm well shadows had been taken by Shadowclan, river and water taken by Riverclan, and hills and bunnies had been taken from Wea-windclan.

Suddenly she noticed something in Thunderclan’s territory. Some of twigs and branch’s on the ground, and some trees. Noticing how one of the snapped branches had claw marks on it her eyes lit up and she mewed, “Uh like branch’s and wood and stuff!?”. Which may have very well been one of the stupider answers out there.
( @Rani )

Old January 3rd, 2021, 02:21 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Listening intently as Adderfang explained their history and relations with Thunderclan, Shrewpaw hadn't know about the raid, but that was probably to be anticipated since he wasn't nearly as old as the warrior. At her question, and the rather disappointing lack of answers that followed, he felt he ought to contribute to the discussion. Thunderclan are the only clan where most cats can climb trees. he mewed. He knew SOME Shadowclan cats could climb, but the majority couldn't or didn't like it. He was in the didn't like it camp. And weaknesses. There was one, very major one. One of their major weaknesses is how flammable their territory is. They have a lot of trouble with forest fires, and a lot of cats die in them. He was old enough to remember the last one of those, when they had taken shelter with Riverclan after crossing the river. @Rani
Old January 3rd, 2021, 04:11 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol

Adderfang kept half an eye on the apprentices wandering as he listened for the first answers. Marigoldpaw got a raised eyebrow and a rolled paw in a sort of, expand on that motion before Shrewpaw answered "Very good Shrewpaw! Nearly every single thunderclan cat can climb from a very young age and generally are much better at it then shadowclan even if we too can climb. Some of the older cats have worked this into their fighting style so if you ever get into a war with thunderclan, never trust the trees. And fire is a big issue for them I can recall two instances of their territory being set ablaze and forcing them to hide in other clans territories. Historically they go mooch off of riverclan and so are allies with them but Lionstorm declared that was over when he was leader." She shrugged who knew what was up with thunderclans alliances at the moment.

"Can anyone think of anything else? Also remember you need to mark the border and familiarise yourself with the area, dont forget."

@gs29513 @Wolfgirl8

Last edited by Rani; January 3rd, 2021 at 04:11 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2021, 04:23 PM
Hehe I exist

Marigoldpaw gave a small glare at Shrewpaw as he “stole” her answer. In reality though she would not have figured it out that quickly. Of course that wouldn’t stop her from claiming she had or would have. Still wanting to redeem herself from the embarrassment she started sniffing around the border making sure she knew what Thunderclan smelled like before she marked it herself. She continued looking around and trying to familiarize herself with the place like Adderfang and asked her to. All the while she mentally made a list about Thunderclan and their territory.
  • When fighting Thunderclan don’t trust trees
  • All thunder cats can climb
  • Some fight using the trees
  • Probably some more stuff about trees....
  • They are very flammable
  • They used to be allies with Riverclan but not any more
  • They’re pathetic weaklings

The next time Adderfang asked a question about the Thunderclan cat Marigoldpaw would be prepared! Hopefully! The golden she-cat continued marking the territory until she stumbled onto a tree. It’s bark was blacked and split down the middle as if it had been cut in half. Inside it she saw the beady black eyes of a large owl. The largest she’d ever send. The first thought in Marigoldpaw’s mind was is she could hunt it and how much food it would end up being. Maybe she should have eaten more then just that measly squirrel.
( @Rani )

Old January 3rd, 2021, 05:53 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

His fur puffing up a little bit as Adderfang praised his answer, Shrewpaw moved to begin marking the border, scent marking a bit away from the crowd to spread the scent a bit. It wouldn't do the job it was supposed to if it was all concentrated in one area. As he moved away he saw a few cats gazing up at.....something in a blackened tree. Scent marking quickly before bounding back over, he was the black eyes of an owl. He definitely was debating how it might taste, and the look in Marigoldpaw's eyes seemed a bit similar, so he whispered softly Doesn't it look kind of tasty? just as a bit of a tester of the waters, to see if she indeed was contemplating it's demise. @Rani @Wolfgirl8