Last post by Ian
Yesterday 10:56 PM

Old October 8th, 2017, 04:11 PM
Rising Up

My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Pure Imagination Roleplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post

The IceWing royal guard sensed movement from behind him, near the queen's balcony. With a growl, he shot into the air and roared, "Stay away from the queen!" His back talons thudded down on the ice, while his front brandished the spear. Frost's tail spikes rattle threateningly

Before he realized it was Queen Magic. Feeling heat rising in his scales, he dropped quickly into a bow, smiling sheepishly. "My apologies, Your Majesty. I thought perhaps someone was attempting to kill you."
The Queen didn't flinch at the sudden appearance of her Royal Guard, instead simply flicking her deep blue gaze at him. She was starting to get used to this phenomenon by then, caused by the other guards.

"There is no need to apologize, Frost," She stated weakly, "I understand. You may have the rest of the day off to take your mind off of it." Queen Magic wasn't giving her guard a gift, she was merely punishing him for his mistakes by not allowing him to do his job. Her pupils slitted towards Frost before looking down as she entered her chambers again. She slid onto her luxorious bedding; a headache was beginning to form. I shouldn't dwell on this stuff. I shouldn't have... er... punished Frost, but I shan't look weak. Why do I have to be this insane? She felt the tears come, but she didn't let them. I'll be nicer, I promise.
Old October 8th, 2017, 06:53 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay View Post
The Queen didn't flinch at the sudden appearance of her Royal Guard, instead simply flicking her deep blue gaze at him. She was starting to get used to this phenomenon by then, caused by the other guards.

"There is no need to apologize, Frost," She stated weakly, "I understand. You may have the rest of the day off to take your mind off of it." Queen Magic wasn't giving her guard a gift, she was merely punishing him for his mistakes by not allowing him to do his job. Her pupils slitted towards Frost before looking down as she entered her chambers again. She slid onto her luxorious bedding; a headache was beginning to form. I shouldn't dwell on this stuff. I shouldn't have... er... punished Frost, but I shan't look weak. Why do I have to be this insane? She felt the tears come, but she didn't let them. I'll be nicer, I promise.
Frost blinked looking startled, and then reluctantly poked his head into Magic's room. "I really shouldn't, Your Majesty," he said, fiddling with his spear. "One of those SkyWings of SandWings could sneak in. And if they did I would be at fault. I musn't leave my post." He fluttered his wings importantly, and then looked at the queen. "Your Majesty, are you feeling alright? You don't look so good."

Last edited by dino.; October 8th, 2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old October 8th, 2017, 07:23 PM
Rising Up

Quote:

Frost blinked looking startled, and then reluctantly poked his head into Magic's room. "I really shouldn't, Your Majesty," he said, fiddling with his spear. "One of those SkyWings of SandWings could sneak in. And if they did I would be at fault. I musn't leave my post." He fluttered his wings importantly, and then looked at the queen. "Your Majesty, are you feeling alright? You don't look so good."
No! I feel horrible! The Queen wanted to say, but she held her words inside her head. "If you feel that way, then suit yourself, you may stay at your post," She gave in. She was fond of this particular Royal Guard since he didn't simply give up; he persisted. That day, though, was not a good time at asking how she felt.

One of her claws skidded across the ice, ruining the perfect flooring. She flinched at her mistake in front of another individual, especially Frost. Her claws were particularly smaller than a normal IceWings' in favor of bearing the webbed claws of the SeaWings. Therefore, Magic had a hard time traversing across the ice, especially when she was a dragonet. She sighed. "I admit that I'm not doing the best today, but you have none to worry about, I'll probably be okay at tomorrow's daybreak," She answered, a hint of emotion escaping her maw at the word probably. Se had trouble keeping her feelings in, which wasn't a big deal, but that morning was probably the opposite of okay.
Old October 9th, 2017, 02:37 PM
roar

Quote:
No! I feel horrible! The Queen wanted to say, but she held her words inside her head. "If you feel that way, then suit yourself, you may stay at your post," She gave in. She was fond of this particular Royal Guard since he didn't simply give up; he persisted. That day, though, was not a good time at asking how she felt.

One of her claws skidded across the ice, ruining the perfect flooring. She flinched at her mistake in front of another individual, especially Frost. Her claws were particularly smaller than a normal IceWings' in favor of bearing the webbed claws of the SeaWings. Therefore, Magic had a hard time traversing across the ice, especially when she was a dragonet. She sighed. "I admit that I'm not doing the best today, but you have none to worry about, I'll probably be okay at tomorrow's daybreak," She answered, a hint of emotion escaping her maw at the word probably. Se had trouble keeping her feelings in, which wasn't a big deal, but that morning was probably the opposite of okay.
Her response made the guard frown harder. He usually got a feeling when something was wrong. And here, something was definitely wrong. Startled, he jumped at the sound of scraped ice, and then glanced down at the scratch in the floor. He was one of the few dragons that he knew that weren't bothered by having a hybrid queen. In fact, he quite enjoyed having something that set his tribe apart from the others.

Frost flicked his tail at the queen's statement. "If you're sure
..." he said, trailing off indecisively. No, he thought. Even if she says she's sure, I'll still do it. I won't leave my post and allow her to be attacked by SandWings or SkyWings. The very thought made him tremble, and he took a deep breath to calm himself.
Old October 9th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Rising Up

Quote:

Her response made the guard frown harder. He usually got a feeling when something was wrong. And here, something was definitely wrong. Startled, he jumped at the sound of scraped ice, and then glanced down at the scratch in the floor. He was one of the few dragons that he knew that weren't bothered by having a hybrid queen. In fact, he quite enjoyed having something that set his tribe apart from the others.

Frost flicked his tail at the queen's statement. "If you're sure
..." he said, trailing off indecisively. No, he thought. Even if she says she's sure, I'll still do it. I won't leave my post and allow her to be attacked by SandWings or SkyWings. The very thought made him tremble, and he took a deep breath to calm himself.
Magic cocked her head slightly, her horns (Spikes? Protrusions?) starting to rise from their usual calm, lowered position. "I'm sure," She stated simply, giving the Royal Guard a narrow stare. He's going to do his role, isn't he? She suppressed a sigh, So much for my authority.

"You may go along now. And... erm ... you didn't see what happened," She finished, covering up the mark on the cold floor with a claw. Heat started rising to her cool scales; she tried to hide it by turning her head to the side. Finally, the Queen let out a breath that she hadn't realized she had held. Good thing Frost dismissed that fact that I was doing horri... not the best, She corrected herself, I'd expect someone like him to ask me further.
Old October 10th, 2017, 06:03 AM
roar

Quote:
Magic cocked her head slightly, her horns (Spikes? Protrusions?) starting to rise from their usual calm, lowered position. "I'm sure," She stated simply, giving the Royal Guard a narrow stare. He's going to do his role, isn't he? She suppressed a sigh, So much for my authority.

"You may go along now. And... erm ... you didn't see what happened," She finished, covering up the mark on the cold floor with a claw. Heat started rising to her cool scales; she tried to hide it by turning her head to the side. Finally, the Queen let out a breath that she hadn't realized she had held. Good thing Frost dismissed that fact that I was doing horri... not the best, She corrected herself, I'd expect someone like him to ask me further.
"If... well, if you really want me to take a break, I will," he said, the icicle-like spikes beginning to rise and fall. "I just don't want to leave you alone." He stiffened as he realized what that sounded like, and said quickly, "I'm not saying that you can't fight, not at all. I just think it'd be useful to have some extra help when fighting SandWings. You know, cause their tail barb, and all that." The IceWing ruffled his wings and cleared his throat, attempting to put on a serious face, although that was normally impossible; he was one of those dragons who grinned naturally.