Today 07:11 AM

Old March 30th, 2024, 06:54 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Queenly
Default Re: Shadow's Break

《 Pebbleshell 》

she/her / shadowclan warrior / calico

Kitty Softpaws [inactive]

"Great! Let's head back." The calico she-cat flicked her tail towards camp.
(sorry! busy today!)

( @Omari ; Midnightpaw )

Old April 3rd, 2024, 07:41 PM
Loyal Rat Follower

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Daring

Stagskull

The Shadowclan molly stalked through the brambles of Shadow's Break, her movements swift and fluid. She had just gotten in trouble for not bringing back prey. Stagskull held back the urge to insult herself for this, reminding herself not to get too beaten up over this.

Movement caught her eyes as they stalked over quietly. A mouse scuttled around some grass and seeds, nibbling at the ground for a second, then moving forward. Stagskull stalked forward slowly before the mouse stopped again to eat. The wind came from the mouse, so it couldn't smell her. It didn't stand a chance as she pounced on top of the creature, her claws sinking into his body and killing it. The warrior thanked Starclan for the prey and buried it before moving on. She continued to stalk around the forest floor before a robin landed a few fox-lengths in front of her. Stagskull froze in her steps, careful to not make any sounds before slowly stalking forward. The robin pecked at the ground for a few seconds, a deadly choice. The Shadowclan warrior pounced on top of the bird, her paws landing on the prey's wings. It chirped loudly before she bit it's neck, warm blood seeping into her mouth.

Stagskull buried that prey too, close to the mouse to she could find both when she went back home. She padded around for a bit until she heard barking in the distance. A stinking dog. A dog of all creatures was here! Here to scare off the prey. Stagskull quickly crouched opening her mouth to let in the scents of the forest. Another mouse was around. She stalked forward, following the scent of the prey. The mouse scuttled around some seeds, but then the wind started coming from behind the warrior. Quickly and swiftly,
Stagskull bounded after the mouse the second it started to run, slamming her paw down on top of it before it got too far. "Three pieces of prey. Just like she asked." Stagskull collected the prey, carrying the two mice by their tails and the bird by it's back.

[+2 Mice +1 Robin]

@Mica

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page

Last edited by ChaosBringer.; April 3rd, 2024 at 07:41 PM.
Old April 9th, 2024, 10:11 AM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty

The Commander was glad his patrol showed up in a timely fashion. He'd greet Brownpaw with a small nose press to her ear, hoping the gesture tickled enough to make her ear twitch. Then his gaze would turn towards the other warrior on the patrol. He hadn't actually been introduced to this one before, but it was fine. As long as they did their duty, Hawkbite could get along with them.

"I'll give you a quick hunting lesson while we're out, Brownpaw. This'll be a great way to get your training started," Hawkbite commented as he gestured for the patrol to follow after him. He'd lead them quietly through the territory and finally to Shadow's Break. It was still a haunting location for him. Elmshadow had died here a few moons ago, a heavy loss on the clan. Today, he'd be hunting in the area, careful to not trample the delicate herbs he worked so hard to protect and grow.

"So, Brownpaw and Duskpaw, this is Shadow's Break. It's a great area to search for herbs. It makes it very important to be aware of where you step. I'd hate to accidentally trample any of the clan supplies," The Commander spoke lightly, introducing the apprentices to this location. This was the first location of the tour they'd have to do soon with Brownpaw.

Hawkbite would turn to Briarsplash and Duskpaw. "You're welcome to start hunting. Duskpaw, you can listen to my lesson if you're not trained yet or follow your mentor and learn from them. We'll meet back up in this location. Collect as much as you can but take your time. Brownpaw and I might take a moment while I train her," Hawkbite spoke with a more monotone voice.

@zozelen - Brownpaw | @SentimentalSquid - Briarsplash | @LostInTheOrchids - Duskpaw

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; April 9th, 2024 at 11:26 AM.
Old April 9th, 2024, 10:38 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: pretty much whenever / less active on weekends
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspiciousMindz View Post

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander

The Commander was glad his patrol showed up in a timely fashion. He'd greet Brownpaw with a small nose press to her ear, hoping the gesture tickled enough to make her ear twitch. Then his gaze would turn towards the other warrior on the patrol. He hadn't actually been introduced to this one before, but it was fine. As long as they did their duty, Hawkbite could get along with them.

"I'll give you a quick hunting lesson while we're out, Brownpaw. This'll be a great way to get your training started," Hawkbite commented as he gestured for the patrol to follow after him. He'd lead them quietly through the territory and finally to Shadow's Break. It was still a haunting location for him. Elmshadow had died here a few moons ago, a heavy loss on the clan. Today, he'd be hunting in the area, careful to not trample the delicate herbs he worked so hard to protect and grow.

"So, Brownpaw, this is Shadow's Break. It's a great area to search for herbs. It makes it very important to be aware of where you step. I'd hate to accidentally trample any of the clan supplies," The Commander spoke lightly, introducing his apprentice to the first location of the tour they'd have to do soon.

Hawkbite would turn to Briarsplash. "You're welcome to start hunting. We'll meet back up in this location. Collect as much as you can but take your time. Brownpaw and I might take a moment while I train her," Hawkbite spoke with a more monotone voice.

@zozelen - Brownpaw | @SentimentalSquid - Briarsplash

Briarsplash padded along in the rear of the patrol, watching their backs as they made their way up to Shadow's Break. It was typically a serene location for her, though she recalled a Clanmate dying not too long ago in this place. The large she-cat came to a stop when Hawkbite did and watched as he instructed Brownpaw. Then when he turned to speak to her, she nodded once.

"Alright. I'll be back in a bit, then. Good hunting," she wished before turning and heading deeper into the undergrowth.

As leaf-bare faded away, prey scent was already more pungent in the air. She paused and tasted the air, letting the scents of the reviving undergrowth and scuttling prey roll over her tongue. When she was satisfied, she headed in the direction of the nearest trail.

The first creature she saw was a thrush. It pecked at the ground, perhaps searching for a worm. Briarsplash dropped into a crouch, starting to slink forward.

[Roll: 11 | Fail]

But as she moved, her large frame swished some bushes. The thrush immediately squawked and flew into the air. "Mouse-dung!" Briarsplash spat, lashing at the dirt in frustration. She'd never been the most graceful hunter — that much was obvious. But then she calmed herself and went at it again.

The second scent she picked up was that of a robin's. As she creeped forward, being extra conscious not to disturb the territory around her, she saw that there were actually two robins ahead. Excitement sparked in her chest as she slunk through the undergrowth, her mouth starting to water at the prospect of sinking her teeth into the bird.

[Roll: 20 | Crit Success]

When Briarsplash leapt, both birds didn't see it until it was too late. She'd assumed she'd grab one while the other fled, but to her surprise, her flailing claws managed to snag the second robin's wing as it started to fly away. Grinning, Briar held both birds down and delivered a killing bite to each of them. What a catch! Not just one, but two finicky birds. She stood up proudly, for a moment pretending someone had seen it.

Ah, but of course not. She was a warrior now, not some overgrown apprentice being stalked by a mentor. Part of her had disdain for that — she'd felt like she had to strive to prove herself every waking hour since she was taken into the Clan all those moons ago. Well... at least it would be something she could remember. The warrior scraped some dirt over the prey and continued on.

[+2 robins]

/ @SuspiciousMindz @zozelen @LostInTheOrchids

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice.

Last edited by squidz; April 10th, 2024 at 10:50 AM.
Old April 9th, 2024, 10:26 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours. busy during weekdays until 4 p.m. EST
My Mood: Angelic

Brownpaw made a scrunched up face at the slightly damp feeling of Hawkbite's nose to her ear. Not like she didn't like it, it was just ticklish! Ticklish but nice. Once he pulled back she quickly recovered, though.

The apprentice followed Hawkbite to Shadow's Break along with her other two clanmates, and once they arrived Brownpaw was instantly filled with awe at the beautiful meadow. Herbs of all kinds, even though she couldn't recognize most of them, covered the ground- Hawkbite told her to be careful where she walked but Brownpaw couldn't imagine ignoring any of these curious little plants. Though she'd have to hunt too, that was also important!

Speaking of which, Brownpaw looked up at Hawkbite, trying to pull herself back from all the thoughts of herbs and their very pretty territory. "What do you want to teach me first?", she asked.

@SuspiciousMindz @SentimentalSquid @LostInTheOrchids
blazepaw

my rp tracker

Last edited by zozelen; April 13th, 2024 at 06:56 PM.
Old April 13th, 2024, 06:54 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander

Well, he wasn't going to wait on Duskpaw's decision so he moved on quickly, starting his quick lesson. If Duskpaw decided to stay and listen, then they could. "I'll take you out to get a little more practice, but here's a quick rundown," Hawkbite began, gesturing for Brownpaw to come closer to him so he could speak quieter.

"You won't get it right on the first go, and that's okay, but when you drop into your hunting crouch, keep your weight equal on all your paws, your tail off the ground, and your belly fur off the ground," Hawkbite spoke, demonstrating with his own crouch. It was muscle memory for him. "And when you stalk forward, keep your tail straight behind you, your pawsteps should be soft and you must be careful not to step on something that can create noise: sticks, crunchy leaves, that sort of thing," he explained, now demonstrating his own prowl.

"Now, when you spot your prey and you get close enough, bunch your back leg muscles together and spring forward with as much precision as you can muster. Your claws need to hit your target."

Hawkbite would fall silent and gesture for Brownpaw -- and Duskpaw if they stayed -- to follow after him. They would move slowly, quietly, and towards a mouse that was nibbling on some grass seeds nearby. He'd motion towards the creature and tapped Brownpaw on the shoulder. "Watch," Hawkbite would whisper before stalking forward to demonstrate a hunt. The Commander closed the distance with a proper crouch and launch forward, letting his claws hit their mark with precision. Nipping the mouse's neck, he'd rise slightly and turn to look at his apprentice.

Thankfully, there was another mouse not too far. It had it's back to them and hadn't noticed them yet. Hawkbite held onto his catch, but motioned for Brownpaw to give it a try now. He'd sink back into the undergrowth to watch and see how she did.

[+1 mouse]

@zozelen - Brownpaw | @SentimentalSquid - Briarsplash | @LostInTheOrchids - Duskpaw

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old April 14th, 2024, 08:46 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours. busy during weekdays until 4 p.m. EST
My Mood: Angelic

The apprentice listened closely to her mentor's words, thinking of how to apply his hunting crouch to her own attempt. She would have to be very quiet, Brownpaw couldn't alert any of the prey she was catching... but would she able to? Brownpaw knew she was a little clumsy, though she liked to think she was graceful too, in her own special way.

After Hawkbite finished with his inspiring catch, holding a little mouse in his jaws, he motioned her towards another mouse farther up ahead. Looks like she'd be practicing already! Just follow what Hawkbite did, she reassured herself while getting into a wobbly crouch, and you'll be fine.

(brownpaw rolls a 9!)

Although the apprentice sneaked towards her prey as quietly as she could, when she tried to pounce, it was just a little too early. She jumped through the air and landed flat on her belly, bumping her nose against the cold ground as well. When she looked up, dizzy, the mouse stared back right in front of her- and immediately scampered away. Ouchie...

"I missed, eheh," she laughed quietly as she turned her head back to Hawkbite. Brownpaw managed to get back up on her paws, nose still feeling a little sore, and went back to her mentor's side. She might've looked a little bit silly, but Brownpaw knew that if she kept trying, she'd be able to get it one day... and she hoped Hawkbite believed in her too.

@SentimentalSquid @LostInTheOrchids @SuspiciousMindz
blazepaw

my rp tracker

Last edited by zozelen; April 14th, 2024 at 08:48 PM.
Old April 15th, 2024, 10:43 AM
Loyal Jellybean fan

Status: The scariest person is someone with nothing left to lose
Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Unpredictable

Marshlight sat in the clearing, fascinated at how resilient nature was. It grows in rain or shine unbothered by the harsh elements
Old April 15th, 2024, 10:52 AM
- was SentimentalSquid :)

Bump Policy: pretty much whenever / less active on weekends
My Mood: Relaxed

Briarsplash padded back over to where the apprentices were. Now that she had gotten some prey, she felt better about proceeding with Duskpaw... if the apprentice was still there.

She sniffed the air, searching for her apprentice's scent. It was still strange to her, to have an apprentice under her care. It made her nervous and terrified, to be frank, and she'd somehow dodged training this entire time with the excuse of other patrols. Not to mention Duskpaw was blind... Briarsplash didn't feel the tiniest bit qualified to handle that. Duskpaw would deserve a warrior with a hell of a lot more experience than her!

But she'd been chosen. It was her duty to try, and try her best.

The warrior gritted her teeth. Duskpaw doesn't deserve all this because of your stupid fears, mouse-brain, she silently insulted herself. Stop running from it.

"...Duskpaw?" Briarsplash called out, a bit of hesitance in her voice. Now was a good a time as any to begin hunting training, she supposed.

/ @zozelen @SuspiciousMindz @LostInTheOrchids
[ turns out i had notifs off for the main shadowclan posts and completely missed duskpaw being briar's apprentice so my apologies that i was out of the loop for that!! i'm caught up now, thanks to LostInTheOrchids being kind and patient with me <3 making this gap in training look like Briarsplash being dodgy and insecure just to make it make in-character sense aha ]

Berrypaw is RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice.

Last edited by squidz; April 15th, 2024 at 10:52 AM.
Old April 15th, 2024, 01:52 PM
I'm not hated.

Bump Policy: 48-72 hours
My Mood: Queenly

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*• ̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙* ˚Duskpaw of Shadowclan | 6 moons | Purrks: n/a˚*• ̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Duskpaw was listening closely to her mentor, and Hawkbite, and when she heard she had to watch her step, she stopped moving at all. She didn't want to accidentally trample Auntie Larky's supplies! Especially when she couldn't see where she was stepping, she'd just have to step light and stop stepping when she feels non-grass! On another paw, Hunting Crouch! Papa Cougar taught her the basics of that!

Dropping down clumsily, she flicked her ears from side to side, listening for the small pawsteps of animals, or a crackle of an old leaf, until she heard Brownpaw and Hawkbite slowly creeping toward something. So she followed.

After Hawkbite caught the mouse, she flicked her ears and blind eyes toward Briarsplash. "Yes?" she perked up, listening closely.

- @SuspiciousMindz @SentimentalSquid @zozelen

[apologies for the late reply]

velli was here with lots of spray paint
marshall snuck around
Reply lengths/time depends purely on my Motivation, please be patient as I have Dysgraphia and ADD [adhd without the h]
The Awaiting Horrors... [KNY RP] | Dragcave
please feed my beautiful ampharos some berries (also so i can get dp but :3)

No.

Last edited by LostInTheOrchids; April 15th, 2024 at 01:52 PM.