miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fits View Post

Heroneye
| she/her | RiverClan | Warrior |

Heroneye smiled guiltily. She supposed that she spent quite a lot of time alone; maybe getting out of her own head wasn’t exactly a skill of hers. Owltalon was very patient with her, though, which she greatly appreciated; there were few other cats who could say the same.

Heroneye watched as Owltalon unearthed a startled-looking crab, who attempted to retaliate but was unsuccessful. Her ears twitched as she considered her question. Trying to break through a crab’s shell was a fool’s errand, or at the very least would be a waste of time. One would have to act quickly, also, else it would scurry away and disappear into the earth again. As such, she deemed it appropriate to act without affirmation first.

“It’s best to flip it onto its back first.” As she said this, she trotted up to the crab. In one swift motion, she flicked at it from below, causing it to become unbalanced. She planted a paw onto it to prevent it from escaping or becoming upright again. It struggled vainly under her grasp, flinging its claws vainly at Heroneye, who it was unable to reach. “Once one gets to the crab’s underbelly, it’s just a matter of finishing the job. Not that I needed to tell you that,” Heroneye added, a bit sheepish to have spoken so definitively of such things as hunting to a Lionheart of all cats.

Heroneye once again reflected on her apprenticeship. Her mentor had likely told her something similar. Heronpaw didn’t listen, though. She would just pounce at prey with little methodology, oftentimes losing or rendering anything she happened to catch inedible. Heronpaw, whose very existence was a detriment to her Clan, figured that there was no point in trying, that she’d be useless either way, and that living the smallest possible existence would be most beneficial. Be that as it may, Heroneye wanted to try to be a little useful. Maybe she still could be, she thought, a little hopefully, as she stared at the crab under her paw.

( @Marigoldwhisper )

`~Owltalon
She\Lionheart\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

Purrks: Agatha Kitty ACTIVE!

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Owltalon tilted her head as she walked slowly up to Heroneye. Hm, well she wasn't wrong. She guessed it was just odd for her to hear a more formal way of killing crabs. Usually Owltalon made more of a "show" out of it. But that didn't mean her friend was wrong, she was right actually.

She returned Heroneye's sad little smile with one that reflected much more enthusiasm. Hopefully she hadn't upset the warrior, that would be a real shame, Heroneye was probably the last cat she wanted to insult, not that she had a list.

"Good job! Honestly I'm curious to see how you do it," Owltalon purred deep within her throat as she gave her clanmate an encouraging smile. "I kinda kill these things quite differently than 'normal cats'. I guess I'm learnin' somethin' too, eh chap?"

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old May 11th, 2024, 10:04 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Redmire needed air.

It was one thing to kill a cat who had become a threat to the Clan. Threatening children with murder and picking fights was something that would never fly, even if her home was struggling with stability, and that death had sorely been deserved. But for Fadingsun to order it to be slow and painful - for Dusklion to involve Talonpaw in the task of ripping out Fogmuzzle's tongue while she still had enough breath in her to scream? It was haunting. Redmire had killed to protect her Clan, like with the rogues, but those kills had been quick and efficient, even if they weren't painless. She had never maimed a cat so brutally and in front of so many before taking their life.

She was not a weak-hearted cat by any means, but this scene nauseated her. Dare she say it scared her. She wanted RiverClan to become what she knew they could be, but not like this. Not by taking trophies of tongues and pelts.

Her claws tore up the dirt as she trotted away from the camp's entrance, taking deep breaths to steady herself. Hunting. The Clan needed food. Redmire's paws turned toward the direction of the beach, where she could listen to the waves wash against the sand and sweep her racing thoughts back out to sea.

[ @stag @Rose @sillycreatur @Mica - just pinging the four of u since u expressed interest o7 no need to respond if ur not feeling it ]
Old May 11th, 2024, 11:20 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Eaglepaw
RiverClan
she/her | 8 moons | 69/100
[Golden and white tuxedo tabby with green eyes]
Purrks: Dreamwalker, Herbal Knowledge T2
· · ────────────── · ·
[Redmire - @dino. ] [Ghostgaze - @stag ] [Cobwebpaw - @sillycreatur ] [Wisteriawren - @Rose ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Eaglepaw had watched as warriors trickled out of camp, some with faces of disgust and others with thousand-yard stares. Personally, the apprentice thought they were all weak. After all, it was because of fools like Fogmuzzle that RiverClan was in such dire straits with the rest of the forest. If they didn't make an example out of cats like her, then the rest of the clan would continue acting up. Maybe they would finally learn their lesson.

Two cats in particular seemed to be intent on leaving camp as well. Two cats she actually wanted to chat with. The new one--Wisteriawren, was it?--and Redmire. Eaglepaw had some questions for Wisteriawren, and wanted to study Redmire. Her investigation had lead her to Wisteriawren as a potential witness to Rushwater's disappearance or his time spent with Twolegs. She didn't want to assume the new warrior had done anything to Rushwater, so for now she was here to observe. She would corner Wisteriawren later and ask her about her time as a kittypet.

Eaglepaw caught up with Redmire, walking in silence alongside her until the warrior decided to call her out, if she ever did. Eaglepaw knew the tension between them, as Fadingsun's apprentice and the cat who seemed intent on challenging him the most. But that was partially why she wanted to stick by Redmire for now. If she could learn why some cats were so insistent on disobeying orders, maybe she could piece together how to prevent that in the rest of her clanmates.

[If Wisteria decides not to join I'll edit, just wanted to give Eagle some motivation to be out here ;D]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~

Last edited by Mica; May 11th, 2024 at 11:23 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:05 AM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Please bump once per 3 days!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Seabreeze
He/him | Riverclan Lionheart | Moons: 18 | Purrks: Go with the Flow | The Collector | Ultimate Predator |
“Ocean waters rising above your neck
You feel the glass start to crack.”

Seabreeze looked towards Frostmelt and Covepaw as they started their ways back towards him and it seemed they both could maybe carry more, or at least, Covepaw could and so could Seabreeze so he turned his gaze from the warrior apprentice pair and back out into the territory looking for some berries or more coltsfoot. [ D20: 14 | Pass ] He moved slowly through the terrain his eyes flickering swiftly, looking through each plant to try and spot the flowers or berries and sure enough he spotted some not so far away and he motioned towards the berry bush. There seemed to be quite a few on the bush and the lionheart padded over to the bush and picked off a sprig that had a few berries on it. Five if his quick count wasn't failing him and there were still more but maybe they should try and find some more coltsfoot to even things out? Seabreeze doesn't think he can carry anything else without dropping everything or damaging anything so he decided instead to allow his patrol mates some last bit of time to collect any last minute things before leading them back to camp.
[ @Epiales - Frostmelt | @rubberRatroom - Covepaw ]
[ + 5 Juniper Berries ]
[ 8/8; 3 Coltsfoot + 5 Juniper Berries ]

[ Sorry for the close call time wise! I will be having Seabreeze report in right after this but feel free to throw up one last post for collecting things and then have your cat drop of their herbs similar to seab in the patrol thread. ]

Seabreeze is currently one of Riverclan's Lionhearts!
[ Seab is open to giving kit/app lessons || Seab is closed to all RPs currently!

Last edited by Dolomedes; Yesterday at 02:07 AM.
Old Yesterday, 02:58 AM
The forgetful one

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Talented

Crowglow and Grimpaw had left the camp for a little training session- a fighting one at that.
"So I gotta put my paws like that, take out the claws and absolutely go nuts on them for the key position to absolutely ruin them.? Cool!" Grimpaw was listening to every word Crowglow said, before suddenly his voice went to a more cold tone.
"Try it on that intruding loner[NPC] over there. And if he still doesn't leave, I'll help you kill him. Alright?" Crowglow meowed gently. Grimpaw absolutely tore up dirt as he rushed at the loner, managing to only just get the position right. He began scratching and biting until the loner shook him off.
'What the hell was that for?!' The loner had the guts to complain.
"You can't be here. Not in RiverClan territory. You've gotta leave. Unless you want me to kill you. I may be small but I'm not afraid of You!" Grimpaw replied, snarling and hissing.
"THAT'S MY APPRENTICE, GRIMPAW! SHOW HIM YOU'RE NOT MESSING AROUND!!" Came Crowglow's cheers.
The loner quietly backed up upon seeing the rage lining Grimpaw's eyes and immediately took off running when Grimpaw growled at him again, now crying and screaming like a kit. Grimpaw rolled his eyes.
"Tch. Idiot." He grunted, going back to his mentor.
"So how was that?" He meowed.
"That was brilliant." Crowglow praised his apprentice. He got a feeling that Grimpaw was slightly starting to see Dusklion as a role model and wanted to be like her.
"I wanna keep training." Grimpaw meowed confidently.
"Alright then. Let's go find something to practice the next move on."
And with that, the two began wandering around until they found something to practice the next move on. Grimpaw slowly began to creep up on a small rabbit as Crowglow directed him. Grimpaw suddenly rushed forward, sinking his teeth into the side of the Rabbit and twisting enough that the rabbit got flipped over before he clawed at its chest. Then he put the poor thing out of its misery and grinned.
"Was that good?"
"Very." Crowglow meowed. "Now, let's go take that rabbit back to camp. I'm sure Dusklion will be impressed by how eager you were for your fighting training."(because some of my cats will have an apprentice owned by me I will only make their Training posts one post long to save time.)
Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

She/Her | Purrk(s): Just A Scratch

She had followed a russet and black tabby - Redmire - out of camp after the meeting at a distance, intending to catch up to her and try to distract her mind and her heart from the things she'd just witnessed. But as she walked along, her heart only got heavier, and she realized she didn't want to be cheerful. Did not want to act okay for this little moment. A cat had died, a life had been snuffed out, and for that, Wisteriawren felt remorse.

So instead she diverted her path, turning down a random direction instead, before finding a patch of tall weeds to lay in, cheek pressed against the ground. It was safe to say Wisteriawren was hiding. She had thought Dusklion was her friend, had thought Fadingsun hadn't been so serious when he'd told her Clan life was different. She had come in expecting it, had prepared for it, or so she thought. Wisteriawren was not certain anyone could prepare for seeing that.

She had been ready for a different life. She just hadn't realized how bloody the reality of it could be. She would not leave, after how long she'd waited to get here. She would not leave, because she did not want to live alone. She would not leave, because not being surrounded by this Clan even now felt like torture. So she would stay, she would endure, and she would find a way to make Fadingsun and Dusklion understand violence couldn't have possibly been the only solution.

[ @occultation - Fadingsun | Got a little rambly sorry but ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 28 moons
Confusion had started to settle in as the small dark tabby made her way slowly back from Sleepy Thicket. Her jaws had no more energy to yawn as Dusklion felt her eyes start to flutter, a rock in her path tripping her up causing her to gasp and startle herself awake. The sun had all but disappeared below the horizon now, and with it the blanket of nightfall draped itself over RiverClan's territory. Darkness had her eyes adjusting to the gloom and the sounds of the forest felt like a lullaby.

It dawned on her that she didn't want to go right back to camp. Her paws came to a halt and refused to move any further, blue eyes staring dull at the path that led back to her Clan and nest. Even if she wanted to, the sick feeling in her stomach had her frozen. Her brother had looked so... malicious. His comment about taking the pelt, about having an apprentice take the pelt - the same apprentice that Dusklion had sought to defend in killing Fogmuzzle - left her rattled. So instead of going back to camp she veered off to follow the sounds of the river.

Water had always been calming to her. It was why she spent so much time as Lionsbeach; to hear the waves crash against the shoreline and dip her paws in the soft tides that lapped at the beaches sand. Approaching it now she barely made it to the bank before her legs shook and her haunches had her sitting. Dusklion's shoulder slumped as she stared into the river with a blank expression. Swirls. Cobs. Wings. Their faces circled on repeat in her head. She could feel their disappointment like a crushing paw on her chest, but she didn't notice how it made it difficult to breathe. All she noticed was the pain it caused, and allowed herself to open up and embrace it. The single thought that repeated in her brain; she should've delivered Fogmuzzle's execution outside of camp.

"Your claws must be getting awfully bloody, Dusklion. Tell me - did you strike down your Clanmate the same way you struck me down?"

The voice had the deputy's eyes widening as she sprung to her paws with her fur bristling and tail lashing. Her small form whipped around to try and pinpoint the source, the voice she knew - the one that had haunted her and left her unable to sleep.

"You must know that when WindClan wages their war, it will be because of you. The death of your Clanmates this will bring - it will be on you, and you alone."

A flash of gray fur caught her eye as Dusklion spun around to see - "Fallownose." The name came out choked as the deputy stared wide-eyed at the shimmering figure of WindClan's deputy. His yellow eyes narrowed in hatred, in resentment. Frightened to her core she took a step back, not realizing that behind her was the start of a little dip in the clearing. Dusk lost her footing, tumbling backwards as she tried to find purchase. Blue eyes remained frozen in terror as her falling form watched Fallownose come to stand over her.

"RiverClan's demise will be because of you."

Her jaws parted in a soundless wail as this nightmare stepped out of the shadows of her mind, now appearing to her in RiverClan territory. Reality couldn't be separated from dreaming as the deputy lay on the ground, fangs bared despite the whimpers that left her. "I didn't mean to! It was an accident!" she yowled, voice strangled by fear. The ghostly shape of Fallownose just laughed, and in a split second lunged for her. A bloodcurdling scream left her as she felt fangs sink into her throat, ripping and tearing until her vision went black and her head fell back against the ground.

To any onlooker who Dusk's voice might've caught the attention of, all they would see was the small dark tabby lying unconscious at the bottom of a small hill, breathing so faint that at first glance it would appear as if there were none.

[ Cherryswirl - @Dust ] [ Cobwebpaw - @sillycreatur ]