Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
✩Star's Characters✩
Last post by Starphobia
Today 12:39 PM
What type of music do you...
Last post by hades.
Today 12:38 PM
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by Dakotaa
Today 12:21 PM
How does WCO see you?
Last post by hermeswind
Today 12:14 PM
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 12:13 PM

Old April 15th, 2024, 11:56 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Life was much different now, truthfully. She shared a den with the slackers of the clan but finally rested among those of her age; now she no longer got weird stares for being an apprentice at her age but a warrior made so old – mind you, none of them ever bothered asking or thinking about why. How their opinions would change if they would. But that was simply asking too much from your average WindClan warrior these days, unfortunately. Speaking off, the newly ranked up feline had to consider. What ought she do today? Apprentices to train, rabbits to hunt (lapwings to seek revenge on), her own skills to practice… Perhaps she could ask Crowtooth for another lesson in tunnelling, she considered, idly grooming the fur of her paw when Bravebird approached her. Light blue eyes moved to the warrior at the greeting, a forced grin forming on an unimpressed face at her comment. A supposed joke, certainly; one she did not quite appreciate. Even so. Bravebird’s offer piked her interest and, by all means, with war on the horizon, she saw much reason in agreeing. Well, she could look past a poorly placed comment this once.
“You humour me, Bravebird. I suggest you pose ShadowClan that question, they may answer with some twisted tale and a new scar. But, that aside, I suppose I too would benefit from indulging you. Please, lead the way.”
Getting up she shook out her long pelt, answering with a tone of composed politeness and grace as she gestured for Bravebird to go on ahead.

[ @taillow ]

Old April 17th, 2024, 07:09 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

[This is set after the current gathering]
She still felt like a hot mess, but the quicker they got a handle on the mink situation the faster they could move on to the real problem, RiverClan. Twilightstar leaped down from her den, landing among the roots of the Galewood, and walked towards the middle of the camp within the clearing. WindClan's been given long enough to grieve. It was time to get down to business.

"WindClan, gather at my paws for an announcement!" Twilightstar yowled. It was rare for her to call unofficial meetings like this one. She wasn't doing ceremonies or anything like that here. She had to inform the clan of some decisions she'd made recently and to prepare them for the upcoming battle alongside ShadowClan.

"I've decided I need some time to replace Fallownose. So WindClan will be without a deputy for a time." In the past, Twilightstar was always quick about finding a new deputy. But with Fallownose she had never thought she'd have to search for another. She wanted to make sure that whoever she chose would be as half as dedicated to WindClan as he was to them.

Twilightstar couldn't do that with her heart still bleeding with grief. Yet she didn't want the clan anticipating a new deputy announcement in the upcoming moon when she had no plans to replace him. It'd be cruel to make them wait without informing them of her decision.

"I'm aware that some might not be pleased with my decision. But it is mine to make and I ask that you respect it. Without a deputy, I'll need help keeping order and some cats trustworthy to mind patrols in place of the deputy for the time being. So I will be bringing back WindClan's Guardians under a new name. In light of the tragedy that has befallen us, I believe WindClan's Furies will serve them better." She says with her tail lashing behind her.

"To ensure that the Furies' authority is recognized, they will sit a rank higher than warriors, but lower than our high ranks." Twilightstar had thought about keeping these cats the same rank as warriors, but if she was going to trust them to help her with the clan, they needed some power.

"They will be known as our best our elites. Each Fury will be a source of strength, loyalty, and security to the Clan. They will be allowed to issue punishments as steep as demotions, as they see fit to those who are more disruptive or neglectful among the clan, however, anything revolving around exile or executions will have to be discussed with me." Twilightstar placed quite a lot of trust in these cats.

"I will be currently allowing up to seven cats at once to hold the rank of Fury, no more. You will be allowed to earn the rank of Fury in some ways, I, WindClan leader, can pick you. You can get recommendations from two other Furies, or you may challenge a current Fury to replace them, whether it be racing, hunting, fighting, herb collecting, or so on. If you decide to challenge a Fury, I must approve of the challenge and I will decide what you will be competing in. Winning the competition will not automatically earn you the rank of Fury. I will allow the remaining Furies to oversee the challenge and decide who secures the rank." Since the Furies would be working with whoever won the challenge, it seemed only fair they decide who was fit to serve alongside them.

"To ensure there is order among the Furies, I'll be appointing one Lead Fury to oversee the entire team, and a Lieutenant to replace the Lead should they go missing, get dismissed, or retire. Those two ranks can only be challenged by a current Fury." It was a small group, but just as a clan can't be run without a leader and deputy, it seemed fitting that the Furies have a lead and lieutenant.

"These ranks will be entrusted to Batglare, Dapplebreeze, Crowtooth, Bravebird, Leechscar, and Hawkfur. Batglare will serve as Lead Fury with Dapplebreeze as his lieutenant." Twilightstar debated adding Swiftfire to the team. But after her last scolding for being disrespectful during Fallownose's mourning, Twilightstar felt that Swiftfire needed to mature a little. She liked the molly's passion, she reminded her a lot of Bravebird when it came to speaking her mind.

However, there was a time and a place. Not to mention, Twilightstar was pretty sure that Swiftfire had gotten on the nerves of at least half of the current furies. She trusted they'd be mature enough to avoid letting that get in the way of serving the clan, but for now, it'd be better to keep an eye on Swiftfire.

"If there are no objections, then get ready to head out. Dawnstar and ShadowClan have agreed to help us take care of the minks. Granted, I doubt it was out of the goodness of her heart. The minks have started infringing on ShadowClan's territory." Twilightstar rose and shifted from paw to paw.

"We will be expecting a rough battle, so no cats without battle training or experience will be allowed to come along. Lightningstorm, I'll need you come with. You'll work with one of ShadowClan medicine cats. Firestorm is not coming with us, so pick someone you trust to help you with carrying herbs or whatever you need. Batglare will be staying behind to watch over the camp in our absence." Once they were finished with the minks, they could focus on RiverClan.

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training

Last edited by Moonraven; April 17th, 2024 at 07:46 PM.
Old April 17th, 2024, 07:18 PM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Minks?! Spottedpaw felt unwell at the thought of anyone fighting them but when she heard her mother wasn't going to go she felt at least a little bit better about this whole thing. It wasn't much but it helped. She was glad that she didn't know how to fight yet... Minks sounded very scary.
Old April 17th, 2024, 07:37 PM
KITTIES!

My Mood: Inspired

Swiftfire
-----------

After being scolded at, again, it was all she could do to simply roll her eyes and ignore the elevated emotional state of the cats around her. Oh sure, she had said the same thing; Let's just focus on mourning Fallownose, but no. Cats wanted to keep running mouths and tossing words about. When told to get out, she pointedly remained where she was; She had a right to mourn a good deputy too, even if their personal lives weren't attached at the hip the way it was for others.

It was a relief when Twilightstar jumped into action, or at least, pulled herself together enough to take the next steps. She listened intently, nodding in understanding when it was clear a new deputy would not be announced for a time. Instead, the Guardians were being renamed into the Furies in light of the recent events, and that? That was something Swiftfire could get behind. She even let herself lean forward, listening to the names eagerly...but her name wasn't called. Letting out a sigh, she let the disappointment slide over and away. There was always the chance to earn it. It'd be more satisfying anyway.

Her tail lashed at the final statements. Her least favorite idea; Working with ShadowClan. Against the minks. She had already voiced her disdain with working with ShadowClan, and her stance on alliances as a whole; Just...not good. Period. But if Twilightstar wanted their help so much, fine. Like hell was she about to act all chummy and friendly with their lot before, during, or after they dealt with the minks.

Last edited by Tiabirb; April 17th, 2024 at 07:37 PM.
Old April 17th, 2024, 07:49 PM
Your Local Spider

Status: Please bump me if I am in a RP w/ you! My to do list is outdated!
Bump Policy: Whenever!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Rabbitpaw
He/him | WC Apprentice Tunneler | Moons: 6 | Purrks: none | Part Manx cat

Rabbitpaw rushed his way to the Windgale the moment his green eyes landed on Twilightstar near it, there was going to be a meeting! Or at least, Twilightstar was going to tell them about what they were going to do against Riverclan and Rabbitpaw needed to be here to hear it. The leader explained that she wasn't going to name a new deputy yet, and the apprentice nodded his head in understanding, but then she brought up something called 'guardians' which were going to be a thing again with a new name 'fury.' Rabbitpaw had never heard of a guardian before but the new name matched Windclan much better, and he was exatic when he heard his mentor's name in the new rank! Crowtooth more than deserved the rank!! The apprentice smiled and looked around for his mentor and he bounded up to him with a wide grin but didn't yell in congratulations as the weight of the rest of the pseudo meeting weighed down.

They were going to team up with Shadowclan to defeat the minks. That was good! The sooner that the minks were dealt with the safer Windclan would be and they would also be able to make a move on Riverclan though...he glanced to his mentor. "Can I go with you? I know that you said I needed to be older but I've been practicing! With you and sparing with other apprentices and learning with warriors like Russetnose! If not, then can I at least ask miss Lightningstorm if I can help with running herbs around, I'm very quick!" The apprentice pleaded, wanting to help his clan as much as he could and that meant helping fight against the minks that have been terriorizing them, taking their prey and taking their cats. The little apprentice wanted to lash his tail just in thought. If he couldn't fight then he could help miss Lightningstorm and the Shadowclan medicine cat with getting herbs! He was small and quick so he would be able to dodge and weave through the fight even when he was carrying something. "I am really quick! Just let me help please, please, please!"

The blonde apprentice peered through the gathering cats looking for any of his friends or fellow apprentices to see who was going and who wasn't. He hasn't noticed Lightningpaw or Winterpaw yet but they would likely be doing the same begging soon. Or maybe it was like what Crowtooth said, they needed cats to guard the camp too but they weren't fighting another clan who might send cats to attack the defensive clan in a strategy, they were fighting minks who probably weren't smart enough to do something like that. Rabbitpaw waited for his mentor's approval ( or disapproval :[ .)
[ @Rani - Crowtooth ]

Rabbitpaw gif made by ramen!

Last edited by Dolomedes; April 17th, 2024 at 08:34 PM.
Old April 17th, 2024, 08:13 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Furies. Her ears perked, listening carefully, noting these additions - those who had earned the rank. She wasn't foolish enough to believe she qualified, she knew she needed to do better, always better, yet a part of her stung at the thought that she likely was not even considered for the position. This was no time lament, however, the feelings of kit whose prey got taken away were not welcome within her mind. She blinked, listening to the following news of the minks, stepping up at the notion of that; she did not trust ShadowClan, not in the slightest. It wouldn't surprise the silver warrior if the dark leader and her band rogues turned on WindClan the second they had the chance - she could not let that happen, and she could not let WindClan be overrun by the minks any more. It was time to finally rid the territory of those beasts; she had faced them at least twice, now, killing one with the aid of Crowtooth and Winterpaw - a last time would not hurt her any worse.

Old April 17th, 2024, 08:32 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours!
My Mood: Adorable

Rainpaw

As soon as Twilightstar called for a Clan meeting, Rainpaw immediately darted into the clearing from the apprentice's den. He spotted his mentor, Cloudfur, sitting at the base of the Galewood. Rainpaw trudged over to where the senior warrior sat, and sat next to him. "What do you think it's about?" Rainpaw asked. Cloudfur looked towards his apprentice. "Could be about the deputy situation. On the other paw, I wouldn't be surprised if RiverClan or ThunderClan stirred a bit of trouble at the Gathering." Cloudfur looked back up at the Galewood.

As Twilightstar spoke, Cloudfur seemed to be tense. After Twilightstar was finished and had left to her den, Cloudfur went off to the Warrior's Den. "Cloudfur, wait!" Cloudfur halted, and looked back to his apprentice. "What is it, Rainpaw?"

"What made you so tense?" asked the apprentice.

Cloudfur sighed. "ShadowClan. I'm not entirely sure if we can trust them. They might attack us while we're weak from fending the minks off." Rainpaw nodded. That answer made sense. "You weren't wrong though," mewed Rainpaw. "She did talk about the deputy situation. Just not in the way you thought, right?" he teased. Cloudfur chuckled. Though, it was an uneasy chuckle. Now was not the time for jokes. "Good night, Rainpaw. You've got battle training in the morning. We have to make sure you're in good shape for the battle."

"Alright, Cloudfur. See you then." They parted ways and went to their dens. Suddenly exhausted, Rainpaw crawled into his nest, and sleep engulfed him.

(OOC: Glad I finally decided to come back and start up some characters! I plan on making a lot more posts soon.)

Characters: Cloudfur (WindClan), Rainpaw (WindClan), Meadowpelt (WindClan)

Old April 17th, 2024, 08:55 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mysterious

✱ ═ Poppysong ═ ✱

windclan warriornb/demigirl they/them23 moons
tags; @Dolomedes (open to anyone else too)

Poppysong tilts their head up and stands to watch the leader from their perch near the entrance, which they have rarley moved from since… well, they haven’t had a deputy, which it seems their leader is addressing now.

Poppysong winces. Twilightstar has been so calm since Fallownose’s passing, it makes sense they wouldn’t make a rash decision with their next deputy. Poppysong adjusts their paws to lessen the pressure on their right front leg for a moment.

‘Fury’? That’s not a bad idea. Twilightstar certainly needs more help around camp and perhaps this would make disagreements easier to resolve. Poppysong smiles at the new Furies, excited to have a bit more peace around here. Would they have a specific role in battle? Likely not now, of course as- oh! The battle with Riverclan so soon!

Poppysong listens and tilts their head. Shadowclan, right. Poppysong grits their teeth but says nothing. Then-

Why can’t Firestorm come-? Lightningstorm needs help? Poppysong opens their mouth but is cut off by Rabbitpaw. They flick their tail as they limp over to the little apprentice.

”I think you underestimate how difficult being a battlefield medic can be. Especially with non-cat opponents who won’t leave you alone just because you have herbs,” they say, trying to be gentle. Before they can think to regret acting like a random apprentice’s mentor, Poppysong limps a few paces away and sits.

Old April 17th, 2024, 09:11 PM
Quackity in a cart

Status: VM ME TOMATO || Dream Smp fan! || Matching pfps with Zero_2001 & Forest!
Bump Policy: After 24 hours if i'm not online. || I got church on Wednesdays and Sundays + Saturdays
My Mood: Sick

SparrowKit waddled around, outside the nursery, and listened.

|+| My cats don't have the same views,personalitys, or opinions as me, so please don't blame me if you think they're being rude ! |+|
.・●*○❃○*●・.
"Hero's will always rise..right?"- My book, The War Of Hailburg
Old April 17th, 2024, 09:12 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 49 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

The day after a gathering was always a groggy one.

The tom roused at the call, stretching and yawning wide as he desperately tried to wake up his mind to the situation and not just dwell in the hazy half awake stupor he was in. This seemed important to pay attention too anyways.

His fairly neutral mood dipped, ears sagging at the renewed talk of Fallownose and that Twilightstar couldnt bring herself to choose another deputy. It wasnt disappointment that he felt, no one expected the leader to choose so quickly especially given the death was so unexpected, it was more of sorrow that this even had to occur at all. Things shouldve gone differently and everyone had expected Fallownose to be the last but now he wasnt, who was next would have to live up to his shadow.

The choice could wait, especially with the new furies.

The rank sounded fascinating, and a good idea one that could lessen the burden on the high ranks even once a deputy was selected and could for now split the responsibilities so Twilightstar could lead. And he was one. The tom had been nodding along to the choices, pleased with all before his eyes blew wide when his own name came even if it wasnt all that unreasonable. He was aware he was a bit of an over dedicated workoholic and that seemed like just what was desired for the rank but still, him.

Crowtooth once again chronically never expected himself to be in any positions of honor, always regarding himself as the dumb dork he was in private, despite his occasional bouts of pride. And frankly he could think of a couple of cats that had come to mind before him (Swiftfire despite her loud mouth and Silverrose as an example) but instead he was here.

The toms eyes misted and he sat up straighter, nodding firmly as the leader with a rasped "I wont let you down. We'll crush those mink then make the fish pay and we'll make 't through this. As windclan always does." determination settled into his bones. He could do more now to help and would do more, just watch him.

A little voice, one familiar caught his attention before he could say more however, and the toms head shifted to grin down at Rabbitpaw. "Aw kiddo, 'ts great yer practicin' but a mink even gives me trouble, yer not participatin' this time, 'm sorry. I know 'ts disappointin' I had ta sit out o' the first battle that occurred in my apprenticeship too. But part o' helpin' the clan is knowin' when ya cant help.

Plus, Poppysong is right. Minks 'ave no honor (much like some clans I can name) an' will attack anyone there even if theyre medics. Ya can ask, once but if she says yes yer not goin' anywhere near the mink an' ya run if they even look at ya but if she says no yer droppin' it an' stayin' home. "
Crowtooth would have no ifs ands or buts here he would ground Rabbitpaw if he had to and even though his words werent mean they were stern. He didnt forsee Ligthningstorm saying yes but he didnt speak for her so Rabbitpaw would get to ask at least and if it wasnt a yes.....

"Ey Poppysong? Maybe if she says no ya can take Rabbitpaw an' some o' the younger apprentices on a herb patrol while we're gone? Try an' get the herb store restocked o' the herbs that this venture will use."
It'd help burn the kids anxiety and need to help while the warriors away and be more useful then other ideas. Poppysong and her limp might not be able to handle a fight or a hunt but she could probably do a herb patrol at least.

@Dolomedes @MangofDoom @Alchemist Kitsune (lightning mention)