Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
WindClan Leader's Den
by Ian
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 06:35 PM
chickadee’s auction...
Last post by chickadee
Today 06:32 PM
RiverClan Medicine Cat...
by starry
Last post by forest
Today 06:30 PM

Old April 15th, 2024, 02:38 PM
mentally in middle earth

Bump Policy: pretty much whenever / less active on weekends
My Mood: Goofy
Default Re: Shadow's Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTheOrchids View Post

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*• ̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙* ˚Duskpaw of Shadowclan | 6 moons | Purrks: n/a˚*• ̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

Duskpaw was listening closely to her mentor, and Hawkbite, and when she heard she had to watch her step, she stopped moving at all. She didn't want to accidentally trample Auntie Larky's supplies! Especially when she couldn't see where she was stepping, she'd just have to step light and stop stepping when she feels non-grass! On another paw, Hunting Crouch! Papa Cougar taught her the basics of that!

Dropping down clumsily, she flicked her ears from side to side, listening for the small pawsteps of animals, or a crackle of an old leaf, until she heard Brownpaw and Hawkbite slowly creeping toward something. So she followed.

After Hawkbite caught the mouse, she flicked her ears and blind eyes toward Briarsplash. "Yes?" she perked up, listening closely.

- @SuspiciousMindz @SentimentalSquid @zozelen

[apologies for the late reply]

Briarsplash turned to find the apprentice, hearing her voice. Oh, there she is. The warrior padded over and stood near Duskpaw. "I'll take you over here, so that we can help both of you individually. Come this way."

Briarsplash then walked back towards the area where she buried the two robins, purposefully making a noise here or there to make Dusk's path clear. Briar didn't know if the apprentice could guide herself well... she didn't know the first thing about blindness. In her naivety she just hoped she was doing something right.

She took them by the area and stopped, waiting for the apprentice to arrive. When she got close enough, Briarsplash tipped up her nose and smelled the air. A few different stray prey scents tinged her nostrils.

I should probably test her basics of hunting. Maybe she's had someone teach her before? Let's see if she can pick up and follow a proper trail...

Briarsplash looked back to her apprentice and asked, "Alright, Duskpaw... do you smell any prey nearby?"

/ @LostInTheOrchids @zozelen @SuspiciousMindz

Old April 16th, 2024, 09:15 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty

"That was a good crouch and stalk, Duskpaw," Hawkbite would praise the apprentice. He didn't want them to feel left out during Browpaw's training session. Briarsplash would come soon after and collect their apprentice.

"Better luck next time," Hawkbite would speak, burying the mouse he'd caught once her hunt was over. The Commander would motion for Brownpaw to follow him forward, seeking out another item to hunt. It didn't take long before there were two squirrels sitting at the base of a tree. Hawkbite would smile and gesture with his tail for Brownpaw to get ready.

In a low, hushed, voice, he'd give a couple orders. "Just like with mice, be quiet. Squirrels will hear or smell you before they see you. So, remember to stay down-wind too, so have the wind blowing towards you when you approach," Hawkbite did his quick rundown. "Now, you take the one on the right and I'll go for the left. You can do this!" he cheered in the same hushed tone.

Silently, Hawkbite crept forward. His movements would pause if the rodent turned toward them at all or paused in its eating. When he was close enough, the Commander shot forward with a powerful leap, landing squarely on the rodent and nipping its neck. He' rise to his paws, looking over at Brownpaw to see how she did.

This would be the last prey item he'd go after. They needed to get back to camp soon. They'd have to find Briarsplash and Duskpaw next.

[+1 squirrel]

@zozelen - Brownpaw | @SentimentalSquid - Briarsplash | @LostInTheOrchids - Duskpaw

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old April 17th, 2024, 06:11 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

She/Her | Purrks Overlook

To say Lostspark was unhappy was an understatement. She was beyond pissed at how these patrols were going. None of the patrols should be unfinished, and yet, Lostspark already had two. She had sent Blackhawk, Stoneblossom, and Spiderpaw here to Shadow's Break to collect juniper berries and yarrow... and Lostspark was now certain from their lack of their scent that they'd never showed.

So here the Medicine Cat ended up, expression grim with unhappiness, collecting juniper berries and yarrow.

[ +2 Juniper, +3 Yarrow ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.
Old April 18th, 2024, 12:19 AM
I'm not hated.

Bump Policy: 48-72 hours
My Mood: Queenly

]

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙* ˚Duskpaw of Shadowclan | 6 moons | Purrks: n/a˚*• ̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"Mm!" She mewed in agreement. And Briarsplash was making her job easier! She didn't have to listen for the wind blowing around trees! Prey... Duskpaw crouched down, it would be easier to scent the prey if she was on level with it!

Duskpaw rolled a 13!

Flicking her ears back and forth, nose twitching, he heard the light crackle of leaves off to the left. "There." She whispered to Briarsplash, he head pointed in the direction of a mouse.

velli was here with lots of spray paint
marshall snuck around
Reply lengths/time depends purely on my Motivation, please be patient as I have Dysgraphia and ADD [adhd without the h]
The Awaiting Horrors... [KNY RP] | Dragcave
please feed my beautiful ampharos some berries (also so i can get dp but :3)

No.
Old April 18th, 2024, 11:10 AM
mentally in middle earth

Bump Policy: pretty much whenever / less active on weekends
My Mood: Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTheOrchids View Post
]

"Mm!" She mewed in agreement. And Briarsplash was making her job easier! She didn't have to listen for the wind blowing around trees! Prey... Duskpaw crouched down, it would be easier to scent the prey if she was on level with it!

Duskpaw rolled a 13!

Flicking her ears back and forth, nose twitching, he heard the light crackle of leaves off to the left. "There." She whispered to Briarsplash, he head pointed in the direction of a mouse.

"Excellent work," Briarsplash purred with a nod, keeping her soft voice as low as possible. "Now, I'm not sure what training you've had, but keep this in mind — mice will certainly hear or smell you before they see you, but they may even feel you approaching first. Those critters have crazy high senses and could even feel a heartbeat if they were looking for it. You'll have to be as light on your feet as possible and only pounce when you are positive you can get it. They'll run away in a flash. But luckily for us... this mouse seems distracted by his own food."

The warrior nodded to herself and murmured, "Alright, get into your crouch and go forward as slowly and gently as you can... try not to hit any stray leaves or twigs..."

That must be hard, if she can't see? Briarsplash made a step back to give Duskpaw space, watching and waiting to see how good her crouch was. She'd only seen a flash of it when Duskpaw had been with Hawkbite and Brownpaw — not enough to correct anything quite yet.

/ @LostInTheOrchids @SuspiciousMindz @zozelen

Old April 18th, 2024, 10:11 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours. busy during weekdays until 4 p.m. EST
My Mood: Angelic

flock together is active.

Be extra quiet, and don't let the squirrel smell you. Brownpaw could do that! The apprentice followed after the squirrel on the right, watching closely as the furry animal picked up a nut. They ate those, right? Could she eat a nut?

(brownpaw rolls a 3!)

Crack. Her eyes widened as she heard a sudden snap from under her, looking down at her paws to see a broken twig. When she lifted her gaze to the squirrel again, although it had stopped what it was doing like it had definitely noticed her, the creature... wasn't running away?

Brownpaw stepped closer, slowly and carefully, but the squirrel still didn't move. It just looked up at her with it's big, squirrelly eyes. Brownpaw's little shuffle forward continued until she was less then a tail length in front of it. Although Brownpaw was resistant to calling any prey a friend, since friends weren't for eating, she would feel bad if she tried to kill it now. After all, the squirrel was so nice and trusting of her.

Gently, Brownpaw booped the squirrel with her paw, the best attempt at a kill the she-cat could muster. To her relief the squirrel quickly ran away after she had touched it, and she looked back over to her mentor, doing the best "oh no my catch got away" expression she could. Not like she was lying, or wanted to lie! If Brownpaw was going to make her first catch, she wanted to do it to prey that was properly scared of her. Or else it wasn't fair.

@SuspiciousMindz @SentimentalSquid @LostInTheOrchids
blazepaw

my rp tracker

Last edited by zozelen; April 19th, 2024 at 08:03 AM.
Old April 20th, 2024, 10:19 AM
silly little bitey kitty

Status: I promise I don’t bite… well I do but it’s with love
Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) // 24 - 48 (1 - 2 days) if important <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mica View Post
Hillstrider
ShadowClan
he/him | 18 moons
[Big fluffy orange tabby with yellow eyes]
· · ────────────── · ·
[Mossfreckle - @Fawn<3 ]
· · ────────────── · ·
When the lilting voice of the medicine cat apprentice floated into the sunny clearing, Hillstrider jumped and whirled towards the source. "Oh man," he chuckled, ears burning with embarrassment. "I was totally not expecting anyone to hear me." He gave the younger cat a sheepish glance, then focused on the rapidly cooling mouse at his paws. "Though I'll be real, I don't hear a lotta that sentiment about prey. It's nice to hear it." He grinned cheerily at Mossfreckle. When the oriental introduced himself, Hillstrider waved his tail in greeting. "Oh I know who you are! Er, well," he flushed a bit "not in a creepy way, I just know that you're Lark--I mean Lostspark's apprentice 'n all." The orange tabby's enthusiasm seemed to bowl him over at every turn. "The name's Hillstrider! Pleased to formally me ya, my friend!"

Mossfreckle's suggestion to hunt and gather together had the large tom nodding vigorously. "Oh for sure for sure! Two sets of paws are better than one, for real. Alright, what are you lookin' for?"

。゚゚・。・゚゚。
゚。 Mossfreckle (ShC)
 ゚・。・゚ they/he ~ medicine cat apprentice

Mossfreckle felt he was hit by a beam of energetic light, well, more specifically the honeyed ginger feline was cast delicately in the noon aurora, beams of golden light trickled through the verdant canopy of towering trees and cast the scene in idyllic dappled gilding. Diligent white tipped paws padded onwards towards the Thunderclan border but mossy hues stayed fixated on Hillstider as freckled angular head canted back toward the gingered tabby, ”Oak leaves they are pretty self explanatory, dried five pointed leaves. In addition to that we will be looking for plants that have, if you will, a stalk and cap formation, mushrooms,” mossy hues flicked toward once more before the herbalist continued his spiel, ”the best place to look for oak leaves is near the Thunderclan border, I know I should not have to warn a warrior but I will regardless, be carful at the border as Dawnstar wants to avoid conflict so alas we avoid conflict. As for mushrooms, look for shadowed, moist areas as it’s where this herb grows best.” Reaching the near the border the medicine cat apprentice stooped with a dip of his angular head, oriental ears perked back to take in the tabby’s tones if he chose to speak again - one, two, the only leaves he would pick up as he still needed mushrooms and now prey as well. The honeyed ginger tabby was pretty, very little seemed to be within the confides of his mind - so unlike Mossfreckle’s starry, abysmal mind… it was rephrasing, Hillstrider simply was, he was dumb and sweet and real and the herbalist enjoyed his company regardless of the silly prickling of his pelt as he stole small glances at the glowing fire before him as the sun danced off the toms gingered pelt.

❀⊱ { + 2 Oak Leaves } ⊰❀

{ @Mica ~ Hillstrider }
[ sorry this is short /w\ ]

Mossfreckle is Shadowclan’s Medicine Cat Apprentice

Mossfreckle’s Tracker // ShadowClan Healing // ShadowClan Herb Storage // Roleplay Tracker

Last edited by ellie; April 20th, 2024 at 11:00 AM.
Old April 20th, 2024, 10:27 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Hawkbite]
Enforcer Commander
Shadow Fiend | Agatha Kitty

Honestly, Hawkbite wasn't sure what to think of the scene he just witnessed. His gaze narrowed slightly at Brownpaw and his tail waved with thought. He'd never seen something so bizarre. Squirrels don't just let cats boop them and scurry off, but Brownpaw should've taken advantage of the rodents failure to be scared.

A small growl escaped him as he dropped his catch to confront Brownpaw about it. Even if it was weird and she was new to this hunting thing, there was no reason for that to have happened.

"You should've had that!" He became, his tail lashing a little. "That was prey that could've fed a kit or a queen and you let it run off without so much as a scratch," he scolded. Hawkbite let the words sink in, thinking to himself about a punishment. Was it worth it? Probably not, she was still new. Instead, the Commander sighed and gestured for his apprentice to follow after him.

"Briarsplash, Duskpaw!" Hawkbite's voice echoed through the surrounding territory. "Let's head back! We've dragged this on a little too long!" Hawkbite warned, waiting for the patrol to make it back to him. He grabbed his mouse and squirrel and began leading Brownpaw back to camp, hoping the other two would follow suit very quickly.

@zozelen - Brownpaw | @LostInTheOrchids - Duskpaw | @SentimentalSquid - Briarsplash
[feel free to finish Dusk's hunt then have them hear Hawk's call]

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old April 20th, 2024, 10:49 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours. busy during weekdays until 4 p.m. EST

Brownpaw turned her head as she heard Hawkbite's low growl, the warrior storming over to her side. As he began scolding her the young apprentice blinked, gaze thoughtful as she listened to his rather upset words, soaking them in. It wasn't that she didn't care if she was reprimanded, though- Brownpaw's heart did feel hurt from making her mentor disappointed.

Once he turned around and began walking back to camp, presumably, Brownpaw followed after him and began to speak. "...You're right, Hawkbite. I wasn't thinking about hunting like you did," she murmured, voice sincere. "Everything I catch will be able to feed one of my clanmates. Even if I feel a little bad killing a friendly squirrel, or get hurt hunting one day, it'll be worth it. I don't want anyone in Shadowclan to be without food."

After that, she was quiet, watching the nature around her as the two of them continued their walk from the meadow.

@SentimentalSquid @LostInTheOrchids @SuspiciousMindz
blazepaw

my rp tracker

Last edited by zozelen; April 20th, 2024 at 11:02 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2024, 06:09 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post

。゚゚・。・゚゚。
゚。 Mossfreckle (ShC)
 ゚・。・゚ they/he ~ medicine cat apprentice

Mossfreckle felt he was hit by a beam of energetic light, well, more specifically the honeyed ginger feline was cast delicately in the noon aurora, beams of golden light trickled through the verdant canopy of towering trees and cast the scene in idyllic dappled gilding. Diligent white tipped paws padded onwards towards the Thunderclan border but mossy hues stayed fixated on Hillstider as freckled angular head canted back toward the gingered tabby, ”Oak leaves they are pretty self explanatory, dried five pointed leaves. In addition to that we will be looking for plants that have, if you will, a stalk and cap formation, mushrooms,” mossy hues flicked toward once more before the herbalist continued his spiel, ”the best place to look for oak leaves is near the Thunderclan border, I know I should not have to warn a warrior but I will regardless, be carful at the border as Dawnstar wants to avoid conflict so alas we avoid conflict. As for mushrooms, look for shadowed, moist areas as it’s where this herb grows best.” Reaching the near the border the medicine cat apprentice stooped with a dip of his angular head, oriental ears perked back to take in the tabby’s tones if he chose to speak again - one, two, the only leaves he would pick up as he still needed mushrooms and now prey as well. The honeyed ginger tabby was pretty, very little seemed to be within the confides of his mind - so unlike Mossfreckle’s starry, abysmal mind… it was rephrasing, Hillstrider simply was, he was dumb and sweet and real and the herbalist enjoyed his company regardless of the silly prickling of his pelt as he stole small glances at the glowing fire before him as the sun danced off the toms gingered pelt.

❀⊱ { + 2 Oak Leaves } ⊰❀

{ @Mica ~ Hillstrider }
[ sorry this is short /w\ ]
Hillstrider
ShadowClan
he/him | 18 moons
[Big fluffy orange tabby with yellow eyes]
· · ────────────── · ·
· · ────────────── · ·

Hillstrider mouthed the words Mossfreckle told him, nodding along as though he actually understood what the medicine apprentice was saying. "Yep right okay! Can do!" He beamed at him, then began scanning the ground for oak leaves. What were oak leaves used for? He had no idea. Should he be eating oak leaves as some sort of suplement or something? He'd rather not, but if it would be good for him...

His attention was swiftly taken by an aforementioned shadowy place, and the tom wasted no time sticking his head in a rotted log to find some mushrooms. Oh! There! Cool! He took his head out, sneezing a bit as moist woodchips settled over his fur. "Yo! What kinda mushrooms are we looking for? I wanna make sure I don't grab anything that'll kill someone, ya know?"
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~