Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
✩Dreamspirit Finder✩
Last post by blxze.
Today 04:38 AM
Thread Names
by blxze.
Last post by blxze.
Today 04:12 AM
Sleepy Thicket
by BEAR.
Last post by starry
Today 03:53 AM
"Sharpen your teeth" - RC...
Last post by Fritter
Today 03:07 AM
RiverClan Healing
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 03:06 AM

Old October 31st, 2020, 09:31 PM
She we do not speak of

My Mood: Paranoid

Default Re: ShadowClan Training Cliffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Leaving her leg alone, Dawnstar whipped around as soon as the tom released her. As he went to leap at her, the large molly forcefully threw herself at the apprentice, raising her forepaw aiming to slam it onto the apprentice, claws hoping to hook and tear fur and flesh.
@cmdR_Paige [wrapping this up after your next post]
The blow landed square on his head, and he snarled in pain. He retaliated by swinging his forepaws at Dawnstar, a desperate attempt to scratch her muzzle.

- I left -
Old October 31st, 2020, 10:04 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

@cmdR_Paige
Dawnstar jerked backward at the flailing paw, disregard the small jolt of pain that came with a small nick that came with the clip from his claw.

"That's enough." Dawnstar meowed, calling off the spar to dip her head and look at the bite on her hind leg. She was going to have to visit the medicine cats. It wasn't bad, but some herbs wouldn't hurt.

"You pass, barely. You're hardly better than a kittypet, the only reason you're passing is due to the fact that I need more warriors, even terrible ones." Every clan needed a little cannon fodder, Ashpaw was expandable should she need expandable warriors in the future. "In another moon, I'm going to have another cat test your fighting skills, if you fail to please me or show me no improvements, I'll be demoting you."

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old October 31st, 2020, 10:58 PM
She we do not speak of

My Mood: Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
@cmdR_Paige
Dawnstar jerked backward at the flailing paw, disregard the small jolt of pain that came with a small nick that came with the clip from his claw.

"That's enough." Dawnstar meowed, calling off the spar to dip her head and look at the bite on her hind leg. She was going to have to visit the medicine cats. It wasn't bad, but some herbs wouldn't hurt.

"You pass, barely. You're hardly better than a kittypet, the only reason you're passing is due to the fact that I need more warriors, even terrible ones." Every clan needed a little cannon fodder, Ashpaw was expandable should she need expandable warriors in the future. "In another moon, I'm going to have another cat test your fighting skills, if you fail to please me or show me no improvements, I'll be demoting you."
Ashpaw dipped his head, although severely irritated at his performance. All talk, no fight. He really needed to work on his skills, or he'd never become a warrior.

"Thank you, Dawnstar," he forced himself to say eventually. He was sore, enough to find it hard to walk back to camp.

- I left -
Old November 1st, 2020, 05:40 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Sure it was only expected he'd manage to land only one of his blows if even that but Shrikepaw was still dissatisfied with himself. Still he was growing more open to Windstrike if only for his battle prowess and not his attitude (yet). The older tom was competent and not afraid to do some damage which was something the apprentice could relate to. He was after all struggling to keep in his claws for this practice, never really having to do that before with the nature of his previous training sessions. Shrikepaw clawed the ground trying to vent some of the twitchiness building in his paws from keeping then sheathed as he listened to the instructions attentively. Say what you will on his attitude but he really did want to improve with fighting and defiantly needed help in certain areas, namely everything but the actual striking and theory of how to do the most damage with a single hit.

It all made sense, sure, but the monochrome tom was struggling a bit in figuring out how to put it all together and he frowned in confusion at the conflict. He was small, this he knew, and if he was pinned or downed he was out of the fight or worse due to that so he should avoid that at all costs right? Stay out of the range of his opponents and dart in only for a moment to strike before moving back. But Windstrike was saying this was bad too? How was he supposed to fight then and where? The apprentice opened his mouth to ask when Windstrike struck and, naturally paranoid was instinctively moving to duck when his mind caught up to the actions and he snapped into action. Shrikepaw had already dropped like a stone as the paw was flung, the strike just barley ruffling the long fur on his ears, and though he let out a small grunt when his chest hit the ground he still rocked back in his paw and sprung backwards trying to take himself out of the warriors range. It wasn't the best dodge, his distraction nearly getting him cuffed and slightly winding him from the impact with the dirt but he wasn't hit so it was something.

More focused on watching for another blow, tense and waiting, he still did ask though. "Me being close affords my enemy the chance to hit me and less time for me to react though? I understand drawing back creates risk but whats the alternative when a single lucky blow can be the end of me? Sure the aim is to make them retreat from your space but, though its an incorrect assumption of me, I am not intimidating enough to do that with my size. So where should I place myself in the battlefield in relation to my opponent?" The rapid back and forth of his behaviour was going to give Windstrike whiplash or get him cuffed for insolence one of these days Shrikepaw needed to settle how he was behaving sooner rather then later. Ah well and issue for another time he needed to focus right now and keep his claws in, he could think about it when he was lining some poor idiot apprentice who'd caught his ires nest with sap and thorns later. Come to think of it one days a warrior was going to catch him sneaking into their den to do the same one day and he'd really be in trouble. Shrikepaw needed to find an accomplice sooner rather than later or his ventures in playing with fire were going to turn him to ash.

@Pepperkins
Old November 1st, 2020, 06:23 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

It was strange to see the differences in work drives between some cats. Some viewed battle practice as a chore and a trial, some however viewed this training as a reward. Seemed Shrewpaw was the later.
As Adderfang lead the apprentice up to cliffs easily finding an open space she settled in to do some stretches to warm up. Shaking out the tension in her shoulders she asked the few basic questions she needed to get an idea of his skill level. "Right so you've had battle training before and have a grasp on striking and dodging? And do you have anything specific you want to learn like pinning or finishing blows or would you prefer for me to simply select some moves you may use and teach you those? If you've got the skill level necessary we could skip that and learn from experience from a spar though some cats enjoy that more."

@gs29513

Last edited by Rani; November 1st, 2020 at 06:23 PM.
Old November 1st, 2020, 06:31 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Glad to be getting some training into his fairly jam-packed life, Shrewpaw had been all to eager to take Adderfang up on the offer for some advanced training. He'd need it for sure, if he was going to beat Dawnstar. For he assumed that was what he would have to do to become a warrior.
Reaching the ledge along with the warrior, he tried to copy her stretches, although he failed fairly miserably. Oh well. As the questions came at him rapid fire, he took a moment to process them before responding. Yes, I've done a few sessions before, I'm pretty good at dodging, not so good at attacking with a lot of power, but I can do it speedily. I want to learn how to get away from being pinned, or at least away to hit from there. Because somehow, he could see himself getting pinned under the big huge Dawnstar, and he didn't want it to end right there. Although anything you teach me is awesome! he added, not wanting to be ungrateful. @Rani
Old November 1st, 2020, 08:57 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
-- @eerie elysian --

Hopefully Buddard Buzzardpaw had recovered enough to be ready for some training. Since his injury she presumed it would finally be time to teach him how to defend himself against such things happening again. It seemed like quite the good idea, and well not as dangerous as hunting would be for the one-eyed apprentice. However, unlike hunting, battle training was a lot harder for the blind warrior both to teach and learn and Doetuft was not looking forward to it. But this was also a way to prove to herself that despite the difficulties that came with her disability, she could train someone to become a competent warrior and well, poor Buzzard because he was to be the victim of that with his one eye.
Buzzardpaw
________

His fluffy tail dragged on the ground as the tabby cat plodded after his mentor. His one remaining eye was fixed on the sky, refusing to look down. He feared if he looked down, another stupid buzzard might sneak up on him and steal his other eye, rendering him blind. Useless. And Dawnfart would kick him out of ShadowClan. And Doetuft would laugh at him. And he’d be forced to live as an outsider.

So no, he wasn't taking his eye off of the cloudy sky. At the very least, if necessary, he would focus some part of him on keeping an eye out for those damn birds.

He... he didn’t want to be useless.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old November 2nd, 2020, 02:24 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

"Thats good! It doesn't matter if you cant hit hard if you can do its lots and wear down your opponent faster than they can do to you. Any cat can be defeated in time even if your hits don't seem to be doing as much as you hoped. We'll do some pin escapes and then I'll show you a couple special moves that no one seems to expect. Im going to pin you so I can show you how to get out, that alright?" The warrior asked moving to lay a gentle paw on Shrewpaw shoulder, some cats weren't too comfortable with these types of exercises and so Adderfang would ask first. Then she would push. There was no room for things like comfort in a battle and the apprentice would need to overcome to survive and while the molly wanted her clanmates to be happy and content she wanted them alive more. So she gave a small shove.

@gs29513

Last edited by Rani; November 2nd, 2020 at 02:24 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2020, 05:04 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by eerie elysian View Post
Buzzardpaw
________

His fluffy tail dragged on the ground as the tabby cat plodded after his mentor. His one remaining eye was fixed on the sky, refusing to look down. He feared if he looked down, another stupid buzzard might sneak up on him and steal his other eye, rendering him blind. Useless. And Dawnfart would kick him out of ShadowClan. And Doetuft would laugh at him. And he’d be forced to live as an outsider.

So no, he wasn't taking his eye off of the cloudy sky. At the very least, if necessary, he would focus some part of him on keeping an eye out for those damn birds.

He... he didn’t want to be useless.

He had lost his spark. That very much could be observed through the silence, and the drag of his paws on the ground - and the lack of a snarky comment. To some extent it worried the warrior, the apprentice had an attitude, and she did miss it. Moving over slightly she curled her tail around him, and caught his head stretched towards the sky. Oh. He was worried about the bird. Not caring about how she probably shouldn't be doing this at a training ground, Doetuft moved and proceeded to embrace her apprentice in a hug, brief however it may be, but it was there to show he was not alone with whatever he was dealing with. "If you... wish to talk... about what... happened... or just... talk, we can... do so after... training." Not right now... she needed to teach him how to defend himself so that such a thing as what happened likely would not happen again, or at least so that the likeliness that he would lose an eye would not happen. "We're going... to be working... on the offensive. I want... you to attack... me. Come.. at me... Buzzard."

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old November 2nd, 2020, 09:23 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Flopping quite willingly to the ground at Adderfang's gentle shove, Shrewpaw had a bit of a hard time STAYING down, so all in all it was a good job she put her paws on his shoulders to keep him down. You couldn't really do pin escapes if you weren't pinned to begin with after all. This was going to be great! She had some super cool moves for him to learn, so that if big Dawnstar sat on him, he could squeeze out! Or slip out! Or.....something. Maybe just whack her in enough painful places that she would let him up. At least he hoped that would be how it would work. From his position on the ground, gazing up at Addefang, he asked So.......what do I do now that you're sitting on me? @Rani