Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
"Sharpen your teeth" - RC...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 07:04 PM
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by Starphobia
Today 06:57 PM
Lightningpaw and the...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 06:45 PM
Falling Wishes and Sweeter...
by Tiabirb
Last post by hades.
Today 06:16 PM

Old October 19th, 2020, 09:35 AM
She we do not speak of

My Mood: Paranoid

Default Re: ShadowClan Training Cliffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
@cmdR_Paige
Dawnstar hissed furiously, getting more and more irked with this apprentice. "I've had better fights with kittypets!" She spat, rocking on her front legs when she felt claws connecting with her hind legs. The leader pushed back with her hindlegs, aiming a back kick at the apprentice.
That tore it. He yowled in anger, and tried to clamp his jaws around one of her legs as she lashed out at him.

- I left -
Old October 20th, 2020, 06:58 PM
Peppermint Pudding

My Mood: Twisted

Windstrike
[ @Rani ]

A single ear faced to make sure the apprentice was following as the warrior led the duo out to the cliffs, glancing over the edge as they reached the top with a small chuckle. Oh how easy it would be to just drop the little brat over it and be done with the whole ordeal. But he'd probably be seen tumbling down the side so that that wasn't an option sadly. Sighing, he turned to face Shrikepaw, a deep frown on his face. "Don't think I didn't notice your absence at the gathering," he hissed lowly, eyes slitted as his stub of a tail lashed irritably. He wasn't going to have his apprentice sit at camp being lazy while everyone else left to socialize with the other fleabags, no matter how pointless it was, "I don't give a damn about whatever your excuse is, just don't let it happen again or there will be consequences."

Sure enoughm he had considered continuing with hunting, Shrikepaw still needed a little work with balance, but in all honesty he wanted to start on fighting. There was just so much that came into having a good fight and he would prefer for Shrikepaw not to get mauled whenever his assessment came time. "Moving along, as you can probably tell, we'll be doing battle training today. Since you did fairly well during hunting, I'll let you decide whether we start with offense or deffense," he said, laughing to himself in his head as he averted his gaze to a moment, "Never the less, you'll need to know one thing for every battle; the element of surprise!" As he explained the last part, he reached out a, unwillingly sheathed, paw to bat at him. Not really fighting yet, just to test his reflexes. The time to spar would come soon enough.

[Gonna start us here to save us the whole awkward unnecessary interaction lol]

"Kindness is like sugar. It makes life taste a little sweeter"
Carla Yerovi

Character Site | Shooting Stars

I will not respond to one liners or five word responses.

Old October 21st, 2020, 07:00 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

'I don't give a damn about whatever your excuse is, just don't let it happen again or there will be consequences' Pheh who was this ponce, stalking around, making demands. To Shrikepaw all respect given to anyone was earned through a show of strength and so far this cat had shown nothing to deserve his obedience. And his sister wondered why he couldnt care less about the fools in this clan, why most would get his apathy at kindest and joy in their misfortune mostly. Even Windstrike was nowhere near exempt as his mentor. It'd be so easy to just reach out and draw a claw over his throat to lunge and bite down, rip and tear and feast!
... Well that was a new thought to be dissected later, Shrikepaw had never had that impulse before. Still even with all the scornful thoughts running through his head not a single speck of emotion showed on the apprentices face. He simply sat straight and looked up at Windstrike through his instructions with a calm face and blank eyes.

Until the warrior struck that is. Coming alive in a second Shrikepaw flowed under the blow moving to dart forward to close the distance eyes burning all at once. Constant too rough fighting as a kit gave him a start and training with Dogsnarl gave him experience sure, but his 'lessons outside of class' gave him an unexpected edge.
"I'll start with offence thank you." He murmured moving to try and land a blow on the warriors belly, it would be a gutting blow in a real battle and the concept was one Shrikepaw was itching to try. Flat paw (claws sheathed for practice) starting under the ribs and curl it inwards in a hook as you run it down the length of the stomach, what an idea. Even if it didnt hit practice made perfect.

The monochrome tom jumped back expression shifting to an excited more innocent manner "Im better at that, Dogsnarl said, so if we get offence out of the way we can move on to what I really need help with right?" Windstrike already thought him a snotty little brat, let him attribute the apprentices behaviour to an idiot kid, no way he'd figure out the real thing anyway. Right? Yeah it'd be fine surely.

@Pepperkins

Last edited by Rani; October 21st, 2020 at 07:01 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2020, 03:39 PM
Peppermint Pudding

Windstrike
[ @Rani ]

Frowning as the apprentice easily dodged the blow, he jumped back as he saw the small paw coming for him, glancing at the unfamiler move curiously. Sure, he said he'd been in a border fight, but who taught him that? Even the demeanor Shrikepaw suddenly gave off was slightly unsettling, from blank to like a little kit. While it was annoying, he hated kits, he couldn't help but notice the change, brushing it off uneasily as he nodded. Whatever, just finish this then get back to camp, that's all he was required to do.

No matter, the more he knew the less he had to teach him. "Alright then, obviously, hopefully, you already know the vulnerable points of a cat; the throat, belly, stomach, eyes, and spine. These spots will come in handy during combat if you can access them. While that's also true, sadly the warrior code prevents us from killing a cat unnesecarily, so you'll wanna be careful how much damage you do generally," he explained, a slight scoff hinted as he added the last part. Frankly, he didn't care about that stupid rule, if you came at him prepare to have your life threatened, every cat for themselves.

Fixing himself from the test, he stood in a sort of attack positions, not caring much about stances much since it wouldn't be held long. As long as the other couldn't reach any of weak points, then anything was good. Facing his apprentice head on now, he nodded in signal, his claws digging into the ground as he remind himself once again he wasn't allowed to use them, no matter how much he wanted to at this moment. "Now, try to come at me in any of the spots I just mentioned. You shouldn't have much of problem considering that hit you almost caught me with a moment ago, but I won't be going 'easy' this time."

Carla Yerovi

Old October 26th, 2020, 10:26 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

That move... It worked in that he was able to hit with it and from the feel he'd gotten of Windstrikes belly with claws the blow would be fatal. Good. He stepped back a bit as the warrior went to talk looking up at him with idle curiosity on his face. Weak points. Yes he knew them knew them well prey was good to test on and he'd made a point to learn these areas well when he was starting to lean into his more vicious tendencies. He was small, while his sister would be able to rely on brute force he needed to be able to hit where it counted. He did however clock his head slowly at his mentors distaste for the 'no killing' part of the code. Interesting... That said something very interesting about the older tom.

Well putting those feelings aside it was time to fight. Shrikepaw decided on three moves to attempt to hit before he'd pull back and reassess depending on how well he did. He was still learning and while he was creative and had a bit of experience, if none of them worked he'd be in trouble.

First, a straight up attempt to land a blow on Windstrikes eyes. Shrikepaw charged, keeping what he was aiming for vague before at the last second arching up a paw to aim at his face. The suddenness and the brutality of the action may be enough to stun him and win the runt the blow, after all flinching would be the expected response to such an action but.... No he doubted Windstrike would be one to be stunned or surprised and expected the tom to dodge the heavy opening move. Shrikepaw darted down and to the side pre-emptively with this thought.
Following this and from his new slightly to the side position he flicked a paw up in a throat swipe another obvious move, trying to distract what his other paw was doing. Going for a hard blow to the chest, right over the heart and lungs. In a real fight if he could slip a claw between the ribs or if he managed enough force, crush them then.... It was an attractive thought.
Right final attempt let's make this one good. Shrikepaw streaked away from the warrior again putting a good foot of distance between the two combatants. The monochrome tom moved fast tossing out a low swipe which could be seen as an attack attempt except... It wasn't. Scooping up a pawful of dirt the tom flung it straight at Windstrikes face charging behind the obscuring dust cloud (or potential blindness of dirt in ones eyes) using the distraction to go for the throat with a nip.

Oh he longed to do more, not out of hate for Windstike he was still pretty ambivalent about the older tom, but well he just wanted to. Almost as an afterthought Shrikepaw disengaged and drew back awaiting a response. The warrior had shown himself to be the type to strike without warning (What was up with the teachers in Shrikepaws life constantly doing that? He was on high alert at all times now).

@Pepperkins (Sorry about the response delay I got overwhelmed with rps)

Last edited by BEAR.; January 17th, 2021 at 03:15 PM.
Old October 27th, 2020, 06:27 AM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

-- @eerie elysian --

Hopefully Buddard Buzzardpaw had recovered enough to be ready for some training. Since his injury she presumed it would finally be time to teach him how to defend himself against such things happening again. It seemed like quite the good idea, and well not as dangerous as hunting would be for the one-eyed apprentice. However, unlike hunting, battle training was a lot harder for the blind warrior both to teach and learn and Doetuft was not looking forward to it. But this was also a way to prove to herself that despite the difficulties that came with her disability, she could train someone to become a competent warrior and well, poor Buzzard because he was to be the victim of that with his one eye.

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old October 27th, 2020, 09:10 AM
Peppermint Pudding

Windstrike
[ @Rani ]

Windstrike stood tall as he examined the smaller tom's every move, eyes slitted as he watched him dart foreward towards him. As expected, he went for the easiest point first, which the warrior dodged by simply leaning out the way of the flying paw, rolling his eyes slightly as it went shooting over his head, just barely cuffing the small tuft of fur that had always sat there. Surely he could do better than that? After the blow from earlier he had somewhat expected him to try it again, but that was wistful thinking, obviously the apprentice had something up his sleeve, that was too obvious. That was made clear soon after the thought.

Jumping quickly out of the way as Shrikepaw seemingly reset himself, he smirked tauntingly as he came back at him, avoiding the paw coming for his neck until realizing thats not what he was going for as another collided with his chest, knocking him off balance for a moment as his smirk dimmed. Oh so he was fighting dirty huh? Two could play at that game. Jumping back up as the cloud of dust was sent up, Windstrike shut his eyes tight and crouched low as to try and get under it, just in time to see the apprentice come flying towards him as he moved out the way. Aiming a paw at the back of his head as the dust settled down, he fixed himself, shaking out his pelt with a frown.

While the apprentice had done good, he hadn't expected him to actually land a blow anywhere. Checking his chest as he watched Shrikepaw adjust themself from the corner of his eye, he finally looked back up with a sigh and nod of approval. "You need to learn to move fast, no time to reset yourself if your out on the battlefield. In the time you're heading to get a running start of another attack, your oponent could latch onto your tail and drag you back in. Remember, claw and dodge," he explained, making small motions in the air with a paw as he talked, "You seem to have defense down, the cloud of dust will help you out in all but Riverclan, it's extremly muddy there from what I know, which makes sense." Now it was time to go over offense, his favorite part of the lesson.

"Moving on, defending yourself is truthfully almost important as landing blows during a fight. If you reveal yourself as vulnerable in anyway, a cat could use that and you could possibly loose a life to your opponent. Your best bet is to watch their movements at all times, even if you think you know everything there is about the cat, anything could change in the split second you take to think about your next attack," Sure enough Windstrike had gained a few scars from incidents like that, not that it surprised him. He wasnt perfect, no matter how much damage he could do to a fleabag's face in under a minute, "Protect your vital organs if its the last thing you do. If they get to close, do something ro get them to back up. You always want to have the advantage when defending yourself, so that if the tables start to turn you can turn it right back around.

Sitting for only a moment longer, Windstrike let out a low his as he bared his fangs, launching a paw at the apprentice's face. Now standing, he waited for a response from the tom before comtinuing. Not what he'd do in a real battle but he was teaching the little brat to defend himself sadly so he had to make sure he hadn't damaged him. Not that he cared. All he'd do is drop him off at Irisflame's feet and walk off, wasn't his job to make sure he stayed alive.

[No problem! If you had replied earlier i probably wouldn't have gotten to it this soon anyways haha!]

Carla Yerovi

Old October 28th, 2020, 03:19 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdR_Paige View Post

That tore it. He yowled in anger, and tried to clamp his jaws around one of her legs as she lashed out at him.

Dawnstar let out a low grunt of pain as the apprentice bit into her back leg, better, at least he was trying. Twisting around, she raised a forepaw full of claws aiming to rip apart his face. She needed to get him off so she could assets the damage.

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder
Old October 28th, 2020, 03:22 PM
She we do not speak of

My Mood: Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post

Dawnstar let out a low grunt of pain as the apprentice bit into her back leg, better, at least he was trying. Twisting around, she raised a forepaw full of claws aiming to rip apart his face. She needed to get him off so she could assets the damage.
He hissed like a snake and leapt out of the way of her oncoming blow, then recoiled and sprung again, aiming for her back. The back leg trick worked, but she'd probably be expecting that now...

- I left -
Old October 31st, 2020, 07:48 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

Leaving her leg alone, Dawnstar whipped around as soon as the tom released her. As he went to leap at her, the large molly forcefully threw herself at the apprentice, raising her forepaw aiming to slam it onto the apprentice, claws hoping to hook and tear fur and flesh.
@cmdR_Paige [wrapping this up after your next post]

Purrks
Dawnstar: Beefed Up Tier 3 || Mindreader
Leechscar: Master Scout || Ultimate Predator

Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder