Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > StarClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Lionsbeach
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:59 PM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Fits
Today 12:57 PM
THC victims needed!...
by Poprock
Last post by Morrigan
Today 12:49 PM
..••°°forest's chaotic art...
by forest
Last post by forest
Today 12:40 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 12:39 PM

Old February 28th, 2021, 02:46 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Dreams of a disbeliever and a ghost [Private]

That was the conundrum wasnt it, the knowledge and potential usefulness of the herbs was just too much to dismiss out of paw but believing blindly in herbs told by an imaginary cat in a dream seemed a step too far. So what to do? Hold true to his beliefs and risk repeating history of loosing patients and endangering his clanmates lives needlessly because he didnt have the right herbs or knowledge... His venomous green eyes darted around as he thought weighing the options, frowning slightly as he decided he did not like this kind of decision.

He gave the medicine cat apprentice a short hiss, stopped, then hissed at the air again the noise transitioning into a sigh. "This will be a test of sorts then. If the herbs you tell me exist and work like you say they do then I will consider, and only consider the idea that youre real and not me going mad. And no thinking about starclan or whatever is not part of that the whole idea is way to far fetched no matter what evidence you might try and pull up. Theres the possibility that I have the knowledge yes, maybe I heard it somewhere and didnt process it so my subconscious knows and is reminding me while I forgot it or there's the other crazy idea that theres a special way for medicine cats to learn herbs like this and they claim its starclan because they already believe in it. See the potential for multiple explanations other then you being real? But if youre right it will be a point in your favour that I can believe the things you say.

Sound fair to you?"
It better it was more then fair and was the most she was gonna get from Snakepaw at this point. Cricketpaw didnt have immediate outward hostility from the lanky tom because she smelled and acted like riverclan, affording her a level of calm only his clan got, but he was angry and distrustful of this topic by nature. This was where he was planting himself and any other attempted to push today would be as effective as trying to move an oak.
@spade
Old February 28th, 2021, 11:22 AM
chirps

Cricketpaw
Finally. It seemed like she was breaking through - at least somewhat. Cracks were beginning to show in his voice, thoughtfulness flickering ever so briefly across his gaze. That was all she needed, and she would push forward with that. "Alright then, let's get started," she purred, her whole demeanor lighting up as she got to her paws and beckoned Snakepaw to follow her.

"One of the first things you'll want to have knowledge of is burdock root." She had emerged from a patch of undergrowth to the base of a gorge, much like Lionsrange back home. She hoped Snakepaw would make the connection as to where to potentially find these herbs back home. She didn't know much of where their exact wherabouts would be, but she knew RiverClan territory provided optimal stretches of land for many herbs to grow and thrive.

"While marigold is good for infections, this can help quite a bit more, although only use it in small doses." The tangled roots beneath her were dirtied and unclean, and Cricketpaw let out a breath. "They are also essential to helping with rat bites and sore paw pads, however they must be dug out of the ground and cleaned before chewed into a pulp," she continued with a flick of her tail.

"Now over here," she mewed, veering away from the burdock root to a patch of sprouting green leaves. The sun shone clearly on these, and Cricketpaw glanced over her shoulder at Snakepaw. "This is burnet. It's excellent for bolstering strength when traveling - Geckoleaf and I used it when we traveled to and from the Starcave, and it is customary to give to leaders who are traveling there as well," she mewed, bringing her gaze back to the leafy plant. "The leaves are meant to be chewed and swallowed. It's also great for expecting queens as it provides much needed strength."

// @Rani

Last edited by spade; February 28th, 2021 at 11:23 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2021, 06:51 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Huh Snakepaw was used to more resistance than that from a cat who had knowledge he wanted, usually he needed to push more. Well he wasnt going to argue with someone not arguing with him and the tom got to his paws and followed along. The area the tom emerged from was rather rocky and not one he recognised confined to camp as he so often was. Or at least not the gorge in large, he could potentially find small corners like this around to look for the herb. Burdock, a stronger version of marigolds effects in a different plant? But it helped with rat bites and torn pads too, why? Maybe it helped dirty wounds more then marigold which helped prevent clean wounds from getting infected? That made sense to the tom and he leant down to examine the root and plant lightly dusting it off with a paw as he tried to memorise it. "Wow that smell strong. And not a good strong like catmint. Im almost to wary to grab that in my mouth." Almost but not quite Snakepaw feared no plant.

The next herb was more pleasant and seemed to be much more useful. The young toms head snapped up from where he'd been sniffing it staring at Cricketpaw and grinning victoriously "It can be used to help queens?! I knew there were herbs that might help them, the others said they didnt think there were any! If this turns out to be real i'll have to gather lots..." And so Cricketpaw was exposed to Snakepaws first happy hiss, a noise that until now his family had only heard. The apprentice took a moment to pad between the two murmuring the names and what he'd learned about them as he did to cement it in his mind before suddenly realising he'd sort of dropped his snapping in front of a cat and hastily shored that up.

"Remember I dont believe you yet Im going to try and find these herbs when I wake up and try them out and if they dont work/exist I will know youre just my me losing it by dreaming of fake cats that think theyre real. Just because theyre in a dream doesnt mean theyre proof." It'd be a shame if Cricketpaw wasnt real though, even if the implications if she was were too much for Snakepaw to consider, the tom didnt think she was half bad as company. The other apprentice didnt act all scared or angry at him for what he said at least and was willing to discuss things rather than just blindly going denying what he argued.
@spade
Old March 3rd, 2021, 01:41 PM
chirps

Cricketpaw
A laugh bubbled from Cricketpaw. "Once you realize it's true healing properties you'll want to grab all of it you can find," she answered smoothly, tossing him a flick of her ear before watching his reaction to the next plan. His expression told the molly everything she needed to know - that this tom really was eager to learn. Well good, that at least put her mind at ease at the fact that perhaps she wouldn't have to fight that much with him.

"Usually, burnet is found in sunny clumps. Perhaps try checking in meadows? Some clearings with lots of sunlight typically produce the best batches," she explained, looking back at the leafy plant. It did have a rather pleasant smell to it. A smile crossed her face as she recalled herself and Geckoleaf giving this herb to her father many times in his journeys.

But of course, the stubbornness wasn't quite over. A bit of it still lingered in Snakepaw, and Cricketpaw couldn't help but smile as she met his narrowed gaze. "Oh, of course. Yes, by all means, make sure that everything I show you here is real." She wasn't entirely sure how she would've come up with imagined plants and their uses, but stranger things had happened.

"Shall we continue?"

// @Rani
Old March 5th, 2021, 06:09 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

"Right sunny patches, sunny patches. Ill have to remember that."
Snakepaw looked rather surprised at being offered more so fast and then after a moment of thought suddenly sported a new expression. A strange mix of disappointment and grumpiness and he clawed the ground beneath him.

"I dont think thats smart for tonight at least. Dreams are weird and its hard to remember what happens in them. I want to remember this knowledge for when Im awake so it's probably not smart to overwhelm myself with more information. I need to keep this straight if I want to try this in real life. Besides if youre really a dead starclan cat youre not going anywhere so I can just dream again and if your a figment of my imagination youre in my head always anyway."
It was weirdly comforting that he could be assured of seeing Cricketpaw again even in the strange circumstances. She wasnt half bad, not a pushover and strong willed but also not overly cruel when faced with Snakepaws weakness and doubt.

"Is there anything fun to do around here or anything? I really could use some time to do anything but medicine cat stuff. Honestly its warm enough here that if I could sleep in a dream I'd probably be napping right now..."
@spade
Old March 8th, 2021, 03:20 PM
chirps

Cricketpaw
What he spoke was true, and in the end the bengal agreed with him. Her blue eyes sparkled with an unreadable emotion as she watched Snakepaw continue to speak. She didn't plan on going anywhere, as her new mission now stood before her. "Of course. I'll be here whenever you need me," she offered in a silky smooth purr, a light smile gracing her features.

At the change in topics, a mischievous gleam entered Cricketpaw's usually jovial and kind blue yes. Oh, was there. "There's quite a bit. I actually know of a pretty secret waterfall that I believe only RiverClan ancestors can access." Her tail waved behind her as she crouched down a bit. "If you're not scared of getting a bit dirty, I can lead you there."

// @Rani
Old March 9th, 2021, 05:29 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

That eared a snort "What kinda cat would I be if I couldnt take a little bit of mess or water? I aint no prissy kittypet. What are you worried a little bit of mud on your paws like some kinda water afraid windclan cat?" Snakepaw slowley rose from his position tail lashing playfully behind him as he inched down into a sort of crouch. He hadnt played in moons not with anyone in any manner and it was gratifying to be reminded that he actually knew how. And so it was with a creeping grin that exposed his fangs that Snakepaw reached out a paw to poke Cricketpaw fully expecting that the movement to kick off a chase of some sort. He at least had the advantage with long legs and body where she (supposedly) knew the area. You know what, the tom had decided, Cricketpaw was being tackled into a mud puddle for her comments and for confusing him with the whole real/not real weirdness. It was the least she deserved for sending him on a maybe goosechase herb hunt when he woke up.
@spade

Last edited by Rani; March 9th, 2021 at 05:30 AM.
Old March 9th, 2021, 11:27 AM
chirps

Cricketpaw
At the comparison of her to a WindClan cat, the bengal almost swiped a paw at Snakepaw to cuff him over the head for such an insult. Her eyes betrayed what she had wished to do though, and rolled themselves in response. Her muscles were tensed, ready, and as his paw came towards her, Cricketpaw bounced backwards, spinning in the air and taking off across the wetlands. She made sure to dig her hind paws into the mud, kicking up tufts of it and sending them spraying back towards Snakepaw.

"Last one there is a WindClan kit!"

Her legs were shorter than Snakepaw's, so Cricketpaw decided to rely on her knowledge of the area. She zig-zagged through the tall reeds, skirting around the edge of a small puddle that would be easily tripped into for someone who didn't know the area. A grin stretched across her face as she leapt over a pile of small rocks. She hadn't felt this alive in moons.

// @Rani
Old March 15th, 2021, 04:15 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Arg that cheater there was dirt in his eyes now! And she got a head start! Maybe Cricketpaw was lying about being riverclan cat because this was the underhanded play of a shadowclan cat and Snakepaw wasnt going to let get get away with it!

So with a dug in clawed paw grip on the dirt he shot forward stride lengthening and lowering into a true sprint tail feathering like a flag behind him as he ran in a place he didnt even believe in.
"Wouldnt a windclan kit be faster than some other clan cats?" He called ahead to the molly ahead of him (though not for long) voice half laugh and half breathless pant and he closed the gap. He'd seen an opening afterall! Cricketpaw had swerved to avoid a puddle (what was she a priss) and that small movement would allow Snakepaw to fly right past her over what had to be a shallow puddle! Unless it was a trap.... Foxdung.

Momentum too big to stop Snakepaw did his best to leap over the puddle but failed paws kicking up a spray of muddy water that threatened to soak Cricketpaw as well as him if she didnt dodge as he tripped flying head over paws. Sure with a bounce and a flair he righted himself but unless she stopped entirly from the mud spray Cricketpaw once more had the lead. Double foxdung, he'd catch up though!
@spade
Old March 15th, 2021, 04:35 AM
chirps

From somewhere behind her, Snakepaw called up a question, but Cricketpaw just grinned and dug her heels in to propel herself further along. He wasn't about to distract her with words and win! Despite having skirted around the puddle, it was just enough of a detour that it gave Snakepaw a momentary lead. Her blue eyes watched in shock as he sailed over her, but quickly narrowed to match the smirk as she realized he'd land exactly where she thought he would.

The spray of water was almost instantaneous and drenched Cricketpaw underneath it's swell. She sputtered and slowed her pace, blinking as the water dripped down fast her eyes. Droplets rolled down her nose and off her whiskers, and she had to come to a stop give her pelt a shake. That was a cheap shot!

A low - albeit playful - growl escaped her chest as she watched Snakepaw dart ahead of her before churning her paws in the mud to catch up. "I'm going to get you for that!" They were closing in on the waterfall, and she knew after another leap over a pile of rocks and they would be at the base of it.

// @Rani

Last edited by spade; March 15th, 2021 at 04:35 AM.