Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
✩Star's Mass YCH Trade!✩
Last post by Starphobia
Today 05:44 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by sylvia26
Today 05:32 AM
ShadowClan Outsider Joining
Last post by sylvia26
Today 05:17 AM
Honeykit's 2nd family...
Last post by CloudlessEve
Today 05:15 AM
RiverClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by starry
Today 04:51 AM

Old April 22nd, 2018, 07:45 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post

Staglegs understood when he collided into other warriors, but to collide into one that held superiority? He felt a little...embarrassed. His pelt had ruffled up, and he tried to comfort himself with licks to the chest...it, obviously, didn’t work. The tom’s ears had flicked when he heard Rowanflower began to speak, trying to convince him that it was alright. However, Staglegs was not the one to easily be dissuaded that his actions were feasible. There was nothing alright with almost impacting the Deputy and causing her any injuries just because he wasn’t a natural at skidding to a halt without anything formidable happening in the process. “No, no, no,” he shook his head and lashed his tail behind him. “It’s not alright! You could had got hurt! You could had really been fatally injured from that fall! Crashing into trees is...not a kit wound. Or, worse,” his ears pinned, thinking of the cynical possibilities, “...you could had died. Loss your life! And, that is not forgivable!” Staglegs shown clear distress, having to be dramatic and constantly drowning in fear of negativity. He couldn’t help but possess such strands of thoughts based on his past adventures, as one would say. As Staglegs indulged into a life of Rowanflower was severely hurt, he began to pace before her, long strides going back and forth at an increasing speed. “You know what would had happened to me if you were hurt?” He paused for a second to look at her before answering himself and continuing to pace about, “Not good things, I’ll tell you! The entire Riverclan would had my head! They’d bury me in a shallow hole, Rowanflower! I’d be pariah! Fallenstar might as well exile me now while he have the chance...and, that’s the worse of all!” Staglegs rather had died than be exiled. Being exiled was an irrational fear of his, based on being paranoid, and the fact that he didn’t know where to go if he ever lost a home in Riverclan.

His mind jumped from one disaster to another, so Rowanflower’s question didn’t reach his ears in time until he stopped in front of her. Staglegs circled the she cat to make sure she wasn’t suffering from any injuries that could had been caused by his mistake. He nosed her various limbs to make sure they were working. “Not hurt or anything, right? No pain? Can you walk just fine?” A series of questions flowed from Staglegs, as the tom felt he was in debt to the future leader. After all, it would had been his fault if she had to step down from any fatal injury. To defend his actions, he tried his best to skid the other way to avoid her, but it still impacted her and knocked her unbalanced. This time, he stopped nosing her, in a weak attempt to give her a ‘checkup’ as if he were the medicine cat. Staglegs lifted his head to stare at Rowanflower. He froze for a moment, his green eyes blinking slowly. Why does she need my name? What if she tells Fallenstar on me? Then I would be without a home! Just when I was getting used to this place and the stinky smell of fish - like seriously, how can any cat enjoy that taste, let alone the smell? Yuck! “S-Staglegs.” He reluctantly says, dipping his head to avoid Rowanflower’s gaze. The tom lowered himself into a pleading crouch and looked up at the she cat with a frightened look, “Oh, please, I’m begging you Rowanflower, please do not tell anyone that this happened! Especially not Fallenstar - I can’t get in trouble again for causing an impact. I won’t do it again. I promise. I’ll do anything you want. Just can we keep this between you and I?” Maybe he was being dramatic, but he never had to physically interact with Rowanflower, so he didn’t know what type of feline she was individually. He did hear around how sweet she was...a little weird as well. It suddenly came to Staglegs like a tone of bricks. His head looked from left to right, finding the place isolated. He was pretty sure they were the only two in this little area. “Uh, why are you alone here?” He questioned, blinking his eyes to show an inquisitive look, but stayed low in his imploring crouch. He always thought a deputy was somewhere to be found easily within Riverclan...he didn’t think a cat would look twice to discover Rowanflower hidden here.

Rowanflower half expected the warrior to apologize one more time than scamper off to hunt some more or even perhaps invite her to join him but the way he was now contorting his face in one of extreme horror, it lead her to feel as though this wasn't how it was going to end. Unsure of what he was exactly going to do or say caused her to take a tentative step backwards tail curling on her hind leg and ears pinning to the back of her head, her heart speeding up. The cream and ginger tabby secretly hoped that he would drop the subject but now he seemed paranoid and was gradually working himself up into a hefty frenzy. Wonderful just when I had a moment to relax, this happens. the she cat backed away a few other steps crouched on her haunches before gently sitting down, now realizing she couldn't exactly leave now that he was talking to her face to face and working up this magical what if scenario which made her head spin tossing thoughts of comprehension to the dirtplace. Death was a heck of an over statement which caused her eyes to fly open in surprise, death wasn't even close to the reality of what happened let alone breaking any skin, which didn't actually happen. He was on a roller coaster of pure paranoia and she wasn't sure how to calm him down. Like tumblestep. Calm him like you would tumblestep. Rowanflowers heart swelled and her claws sank into the earth, her mind was quite cruel to her sometimes. The she cat stood once again and leaned forward allowing her tail to reach and settle on his shoulder trying to stop the pacing, ' ' none of it did happen right ? ' ' she tried to reassure him letting her tail drop back down to her legs. Her mothering instincts where quite strong and she felt the need to embrace him,like she would her sons, but she didn't, the fact of the matter that he wasn't just another one of her therapy buddies and she actually didn't know him prior to this. ' ' poor grumpy ol fallenstar would never raise a claw at you, no he'd maybe laugh, otherwise he's just a big softie. ' ' she mused calling back to some of her memories for a brief moment. She leaned forward and butted her head agaisnt his flank ' ' I promise ' '

Before she could open her maw to speak another time she felt the tom poke and prod at all sides like juniperpaw would have done the day she fell into that river and bashed her nose pretty hard. His gentle touch was cold and made her jump and shiver with each prod to close to her bare skin. The flood of questions caused her eyes to roll into the back of her head with amusement and the slightest bit of annoyance, it was really nothing when he made it out to be such a major problem. ' ' look, you barely even skimmed me. I'm ok but the real question we should be asking is if you are? ' ' it only came to her now the warrior was most likely in far more pain than she was right now, a headfirst duck and roll into a tick tree? Even snagging on a few branches and brambles could sting like fire sometimes. My turn. she stepped forward nosing his shoulder so he would turn to reveal his torso the and the sides of his legs for close inspections. Despite not seeing much to take into consideration there was problably a good bash on the head that would cause some damage at some point. Than he proceeded to tell his name, green eyes littered with fear and shock matching her own hardened green optics. ' ' the skyclan fellow right? Was that you or was that somebody else... ' ' fear of not knowing or getting it wrong was also not a nice feeling. Than without another moment to waste the Tom tossed himself into another pool of anxiety causing her lips to draw sealed and discomfort pick at her paws and cause her ears to pin to the back of her head. In trouble again? her stomach churned and she studied him closer from a safer distance a few steps back. ' ' hey, hey, hey ' ' she eased tail begining to lash, in trouble again, what on earth could that possibly mean? ' ' it's just a mistake, no hard feelings ' ' attempting to completely ignore the fact he hadn't done much anyways. Just as she thought it was safe she blinked her eyes closed for a brief and long moment before opening them back regaining what patience she had, though the next comment caught her completely off guard leaving her at a loss for words and stumped beyond all belief. She opened her maw and left it hanging for a moment than shut it again. ' ' to- uh- I was going to patrol- for a little.. Alone-" and than she closed her jaws altogether.

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; July 25th, 2018 at 10:01 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 12:02 AM
Boop!

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Loner Forever View Post

Redpaw looked at Code with a smile. "My former name was Heart, but I wanted to start fresh so my name is Redpaw now." meowed the she-cat with a purr. She looked a bit taken back. "Im sorry I don't know why I just purred." apologized Redpaw.
(Writers block)

Code stopped circling the molly and stood still for once. Or well, he kept pawing at the ground in a hyper fashion, but at least he stood in one place.
"Heart is a nice name though. I still don't really get the whole name thing with you clanners. That's also one of the reasons Ive kept from joining my sister's clan. I don't want to have to change or add something to my name. I like it as it is."
He said with a bit of a smug grin, choosing not to comment on the purring, to make Redpaw less uncomfortable. He liked that she hadn't attacked him yet. He were an intruder after all.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 10:20 AM
♡♡♡

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerhawk View Post
"I am willing die for for my clan at any cost." She said with her head held high and proud. She then smelled something like fish. "Do I smell fish?" She asked she just realized how hungry she was but she had to hunt for the elder first. "Can we also learn how to hunt today I want to eat because I have to hunt before I can eat." He said
Maskedface gave her a soft nod of approval. She was certainly brave for a cat so young. He chuckled to himself. He had been slightly rebellious during his own apprenticeship, he had given his mentor a hard time, had even refused to listen at times. And he had no courage then, the very thought of getting badly hurt frightening to him. Now, he was a full grown warrior, braver and more honorable. But, he wished he hadn't had to work so hard to prove himself. But, it was all in the past. Now, he needed to focus on training his apprentice.

He snapped out of his thoughts as Shimmerpaw spoke again, and he let out a gentle sigh, getting to his paws. He shook out his cream coloured pelt, then nodded, padding over to the water. He gestures with his tail for her to stand beside him as he crouched down, his blue gaze watching the water carefully for fish. "Do what I do" he meowed quietly. "First, watch the water for any fish that may be swimming by. Once you get the chance, reach your paw into the water, and... Now!!!" he quickly dipped his paw into the lake, scooping up a squirming salmon. He set it down beside him, and the fish soon stopped moving. Maskedface then nodded at Shimmerpaw. "Now, you try."

♡ character page wip ♡
Old April 23rd, 2018, 12:18 PM
The Mouseless Warrior

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeystorm(she) View Post
Lel. Haiiii
(Okay, when you're posting out of character please use Parenthesis or brackets or something. I don't mean to sound rude it's just common courtesy.
*starts with random post cuz I dont know how to*)

Goldpaw poked her head out of the camp entrance, then trotted outside, heading for the river.

Quotes:
"You know the saying 'the tables have turned'?
Well these tables have flipped, rolled and spontaneously combusted into potatoes." ~me

"That's not a riddle. That's a prophecy."
"Sounds like a riddle, is a riddle. Riddled with loops and whorls and only makes sense after someone dies." ~Turtle

what the blanket

Old April 23rd, 2018, 12:26 PM
he/xem

My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivergold View Post
(Okay, when you're posting out of character please use Parenthesis or brackets or something. I don't mean to sound rude it's just common courtesy.
*starts with random post cuz I dont know how to*)

Goldpaw poked her head out of the camp entrance, then trotted outside, heading for the river.
(Ooof. Do you remmber my character?)

bump after 72 hours

Old April 23rd, 2018, 01:32 PM

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosePelt145 View Post
Maskedface gave her a soft nod of approval. She was certainly brave for a cat so young. He chuckled to himself. He had been slightly rebellious during his own apprenticeship, he had given his mentor a hard time, had even refused to listen at times. And he had no courage then, the very thought of getting badly hurt frightening to him. Now, he was a full grown warrior, braver and more honorable. But, he wished he hadn't had to work so hard to prove himself. But, it was all in the past. Now, he needed to focus on training his apprentice.

He snapped out of his thoughts as Shimmerpaw spoke again, and he let out a gentle sigh, getting to his paws. He shook out his cream coloured pelt, then nodded, padding over to the water. He gestures with his tail for her to stand beside him as he crouched down, his blue gaze watching the water carefully for fish. "Do what I do" he meowed quietly. "First, watch the water for any fish that may be swimming by. Once you get the chance, reach your paw into the water, and... Now!!!" he quickly dipped his paw into the lake, scooping up a squirming salmon. He set it down beside him, and the fish soon stopped moving. Maskedface then nodded at Shimmerpaw. "Now, you try."

Shimmerpaw looked down at the water with a careful eye. As she saw a fish swim by she tried to grab it but she didn't. "Mouse dug I should have got that." She growled. She looked down in the water again and tried again but nothing. But this wasn't going to stop her she watched as a few fish went by till on her 5th time she got one. "Yay I got one." She jumped up with glee. She loved to do stuff when she did it right.

Old April 23rd, 2018, 03:26 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
Despite the fact that she wasn't close enough with Daydream to even consider the fact that they would let her join them in the search for the missing Juniperpaw, it did sting a little that they were wanting to do it alone. No cat should have to suffer that kind of burden alone, let alone one who already had so much responsibility towards their Clan. It made her want to do or say something to take a bit of the pain away, if anything. But Heatherfur had grown up a warrior - learning to solve problems with her claws instead of compassionate statements and herbs. She was trained in the art of battle, quick on her feet but not so much with her words. It was something she was trying to improve on, though she was not as bad as some of the warriors had been lately. Aggression proved to be a common trait among all warriors after the recent - and rather unnecessary battles - and Heatherfur figured it was the side of her that was gentle and forgiving that had allowed her to slip into the role of RiverClan's medicine cat so easily. Learning the herbs was another story, but Heatherfur had learned at a young age what forgiveness meant. What it meant to be a true warrior, and to follow the warrior code. Compassion and kindness went a long way in a world that seemed to only provide violence and bloodshed.

In fact, the light colored tabby was just now starting to notice how diminishing Daydream's figure was. The scraggly pelt and wiry frame, bones jutting out from under matted fur like jagged cliff edges sent shock waves down her spine. Was ShadowClan just letting their cats starve? In WindClan, if Blazingstar had seen something like this, he would've hunted a moons' worth of prey just for that one specific cat. Even in RiverClan, as she was learning, her new friend Rowanflower would send out frequent hunting patrols to make sure each Clan member kept their strength up. "You need to eat," Heatherfur pointed out, though her tone held that of a thoughtfulness and understanding one rather than trying to smother Daydream with facts they most likely already knew. Without waiting for them to protest, the RiverClan medicine cat parted her jaws to taste the air. Hunting in the marshy swamp land versus hunting on the open moorlands was like the difference between night and day. She still hadn't learned how to fish, but there were other prey besides slippery trout that were easier to catch anyways. And with just her luck, she caught wind of a water vole not too far away. "Wait here. I'll take you to RiverClan if you would like, but you won't get much further without at least a morsel or two And if you do leave, I will track you down." Heatherfur leveled her gaze at the other feline, making sure they knew she was serious - after all, she was a former WindClan warrior, running and tracking was something she excelled at - before bounding off.

The closer she got to the water vole, the more she slowed her movements. Here, she had to keep a closer watch on them since undergrowth and tall reeds surrounded her rather than open, rolling hills. Up ahead, the sounds of a trickling stream over a creekbed resonated in her ears and Heatherfur slipped easily into a hunter's crouch. She kept her tail straight and still behind her, paws sliding effortlessly across the muddy terrain. As she poked her head out of the reeds, her pale gaze locked on the rather plump body of the water vole. Gotcha, she thought, and without much hesitation she lashed out with one foreclaw, scooping the creature up by it's neck and silencing it's call with a swift killing bite. Maybe hunting here won't be so bad after all, Heatherfur thought to herself as she turned and pranced back through the reeds. "This should at least get you on your way to being healthy again," she mumbled around the mouthful of prey as she emerged back into the small space where she had left Daydream, tossing it towards their paws. She figured that once the prey was there and in front of them, they wouldn't be able to deny it. The molly wasn't even going to mention the fact that she was feeding RiverClan prey to a ShadowClan cat; in fact, she would defend her actions if necessary. Daydream wouldn't be any good to their Clan if they couldn't make it back. Catching the ShadowClan medicine cat a simple water vole was the least Heatherfur could do after they had come all this way, only to discover their "apprentice" and good friend had gone missing, only to be replaced by... her.
they opened their mouth to protest, but she was already gone. they stood there in silence while thinking. when was the last time they ate? how many days had gone by passing by the freshkill pile? how many nights had they given their shares to pateints instead? maybe it was selfish to punish themselves like this. shadowclan needed a medicine cat. it was ironic, a medicine cat that wasnt healthy. they hadnt put it in perspective. what did they look like to other clans? they were representing their clan everytime they took a step outside of their territory, and they looked like this? without a care in the world? geckoleaf wouldve scolded them for how they looked. she wouldve demanded they eat s fish and tell them that the oils in it would compliment theyre already day like fur, and make it glimmer more. she would run her tongue along their flank as they would complain, even if they both knew daydream loved to be groomed and pampered. they could see it now. how would juniperpaw think? would she be disgusted and how much their idol had let themself go? or shinefang--shinefang was the pushiest of them all. he would roughly push them towards skyclans plumpiest prey and sit there until daydream ate every last bite. they smiled at the thought. so many cats cared about them, yet their mind told them otherwise. it told them that they shouldve let go. they shouldve let go in the flood, that they couldve peacfully passed away. they couldve been gone and not a bother to worry about. they shouldve...they shouldve..

they were snapped out of their thoughts when they felt prey being pushed to their paws, earning a sharp glare of their eyes towards heatherfur,"I got here with this weight, ive been living with this weight, im sure i can walk around just fine. i dont need your charity." they mewed curtly, poking at the rodent with a paw. their stomach suddenly felt so empty. their body was so boney. their fur so short when it should be full. you could see some ridges of their ribs, the bumps of their spine, their cheeks becoming hollow and their face looking more and more tired. they looked at the prey, their gaze lingering for awhile at the taste of it, their dry mouth watering. But they looked away, pushing it back in heatherfurs direction,"keep th prey for your patients."
Old April 23rd, 2018, 03:48 PM
stardust memories

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by king kaleb! View Post
they opened their mouth to protest, but she was already gone. they stood there in silence while thinking. when was the last time they ate? how many days had gone by passing by the freshkill pile? how many nights had they given their shares to pateints instead? maybe it was selfish to punish themselves like this. shadowclan needed a medicine cat. it was ironic, a medicine cat that wasnt healthy. they hadnt put it in perspective. what did they look like to other clans? they were representing their clan everytime they took a step outside of their territory, and they looked like this? without a care in the world? geckoleaf wouldve scolded them for how they looked. she wouldve demanded they eat s fish and tell them that the oils in it would compliment theyre already day like fur, and make it glimmer more. she would run her tongue along their flank as they would complain, even if they both knew daydream loved to be groomed and pampered. they could see it now. how would juniperpaw think? would she be disgusted and how much their idol had let themself go? or shinefang--shinefang was the pushiest of them all. he would roughly push them towards skyclans plumpiest prey and sit there until daydream ate every last bite. they smiled at the thought. so many cats cared about them, yet their mind told them otherwise. it told them that they shouldve let go. they shouldve let go in the flood, that they couldve peacfully passed away. they couldve been gone and not a bother to worry about. they shouldve...they shouldve..

they were snapped out of their thoughts when they felt prey being pushed to their paws, earning a sharp glare of their eyes towards heatherfur,"I got here with this weight, ive been living with this weight, im sure i can walk around just fine. i dont need your charity." they mewed curtly, poking at the rodent with a paw. their stomach suddenly felt so empty. their body was so boney. their fur so short when it should be full. you could see some ridges of their ribs, the bumps of their spine, their cheeks becoming hollow and their face looking more and more tired. they looked at the prey, their gaze lingering for awhile at the taste of it, their dry mouth watering. But they looked away, pushing it back in heatherfurs direction,"keep th prey for your patients."
Heatherfur may have left WindClan, but she'd definitely taken her stubbornness with her. Even in her new position now, her warrior side was still there. The side that cared for her Clanmates, and put their needs above her own. Now as a medicine cat, she guessed that was a universal trait they must all share to be able to perform the duties asked of them. They put the needs of others - regardless of Clan or home - above their own. Daydream was certainly no exception, and if anything was actually the best candidate to receive care from another Clans' medicine cat. "My patients are fine. They just try to eat more thorns than prey," she spoke softly, a hint of amusement tinting the last few words as her whiskers twitched. No serious injuries had come limping through yet, just an apprentice and a warrior who both happened to tangle with the same menacing thorn bush. Except Silverkit... she thought, a shudder passing through as she remembered the young kit. She had come in after playing with a death berry, and though she was alright, it had all but caused a panic in Heatherfur's mind. She'd felt lost, not knowing where to even start with herbs for that situation. Thankfully, Silverkit had been alright, just a little shook up. "Besides, I can always catch another before I head back. I may be RiverClan now, but my WindClan speed hasn't left me." Without another word, she pushed the prey back to Daydream, keeping her paw firmly there as if to show that she was not intending on playing "pass the prey" all day long.

It did make the former WindClan warrior wonder though, what events had led to Daydream letting themselves go like this. With their bones jutting out and the usual light found in all feline's eyes dull in theirs, it made her heart ache. She barely knew Daydream, and yet she felt for some strange reason that they might have more in common than most. If it hadn't been for Blazingstar and her former apprentice back in WindClan, she would've all but lost herself when Sneakersong disappeared. In fact, she had almost given up being a warrior. There were days where she would go without food, without grooming herself, until one of the two people she cared most for in WindClan would come by and scold her for doing such, and not leaving until she was cleaned up and fed. Now, it felt like she needed share that kindness. "Trust me... I know how hard it is to accept any kind of help. But I think we need to look out for one another, especially with all these senseless battles going on." she mewed once more, sitting down and wrapping her fluffy tail neatly over her paws. Her right one was still outstretched a bit touching the prey, having not moved during her speaking. Pale green eyes flickering down towards the prey, Heatherfur shrugged her shoulders. "If the medicine cats of the Clans stop caring for themselves or each other, what does that mean for the future of our Clans?"

Last edited by Mauve; April 23rd, 2018 at 03:48 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 04:06 PM
Ruining dreams since 2004

My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior View Post
Blackfall was hunched over the river, his ears listening to the gentle bubbling and its graceful movement past the smooth pebbles of varying gray and brown hues. His hearing wasn’t focused on anything in particular; but his narrowed eye and tensed fore muscles told that he was waiting for a fish, waiting like a snake to strike.

The tabby warrior hadn’t felt the light flavor of fish upon his tongue in too long. But it had been a while that he was sitting here. His whiskers twitched with impatience and he began to lose concentration. The tunnel vision he had singularly focused on the rushing stream waned until he finally noticed the white pelt in his peripheral vision. On the right side thankfully; he never would have noticed her with the sorry state of his left.

With a huff and a stretch of his hind legs, he padded along the river in Shinepelt’s direction. He did not have much contact with the she-cat, but he knew her reputation. Like any other cat, the prospect of interacting with her was intimidating. Blackfall was no altruistic cat, but he believed that all cats deserved a chance regardless.

“Hey, Shinepelt,” he mewed nonchalantly, settling himself next to her. “I’m not bothering you am I?” The tom’s ears twitched nervously as he noticed a contemplative look in her eyes.
Shinepelt pawed at the ground, glancing at her reflection in the river. She dipped her paw in the water and smeared it on her pelt, realizing the dirt on her paw was covered in dirt and she only succeeded in putting mud on her sleek pelt. She sighed and held her breath, dipping her head into the water. She pulled it out and shook it off, looking at a tabby tom near her. She realized she probably looked ridiculous with her wet head and dry body, but she didn't particularly care. It wasn't like any cat cared, they would ignore her anyway, right. But this tom was actually trying to talk to her... it was unexpected. "Oh, hello. No, not at all," she sniffed, feeling very self-conscious.

Fearing embarrassing herself with her self-deemed 'dirty pelt', she slipped into the river and swam closer to the tom. "Just fishing, that's all," she said, trying to hide the fact that she was embarrassed. The truth was that she hated fishing, the thought of picking up a live, wiggling creature in her mouth was nauseating. She didn't know where they had been! Actually, she did, but that was almost worse. "How are you..." she started, trying to remember his name frantically. "Uh... Black....Fall?" she finished, saying his name like a question. It bothered her that everyone in camp seemed to know her entire life story and reputation, but she didn't even know their name. Lots of things bothered her, which caused her to curse her OCD, but as she looked at Blackfall, one thing bothered her most of all at the moment.

"Y-your eye," she stammered, her left eye suddenly hurting. She didn't like that it was asymmetrical... one eye was different than the other, though it didn't bother her as much as she thought it would. Maybe it was the fact that he didn't immediately recoil when he caught sight of her. She breathed in deeply, swimming to shore and climbing out, happy that her pelt felt clean and fresh. Shinepelt tilted her head, leaning forward to look at Blackfall. "What happened to it?" she inquired, longing to be able to make his blind eye look like the other one, but she tried to surpress her urge to say that it displeased her. After all, she was sure that others were 'displeased' by thing about her that she couldn't control, so she kept her mouth shut.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 04:14 PM
whats up danger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve View Post
Heatherfur may have left WindClan, but she'd definitely taken her stubbornness with her. Even in her new position now, her warrior side was still there. The side that cared for her Clanmates, and put their needs above her own. Now as a medicine cat, she guessed that was a universal trait they must all share to be able to perform the duties asked of them. They put the needs of others - regardless of Clan or home - above their own. Daydream was certainly no exception, and if anything was actually the best candidate to receive care from another Clans' medicine cat. "My patients are fine. They just try to eat more thorns than prey," she spoke softly, a hint of amusement tinting the last few words as her whiskers twitched. No serious injuries had come limping through yet, just an apprentice and a warrior who both happened to tangle with the same menacing thorn bush. Except Silverkit... she thought, a shudder passing through as she remembered the young kit. She had come in after playing with a death berry, and though she was alright, it had all but caused a panic in Heatherfur's mind. She'd felt lost, not knowing where to even start with herbs for that situation. Thankfully, Silverkit had been alright, just a little shook up. "Besides, I can always catch another before I head back. I may be RiverClan now, but my WindClan speed hasn't left me." Without another word, she pushed the prey back to Daydream, keeping her paw firmly there as if to show that she was not intending on playing "pass the prey" all day long.

It did make the former WindClan warrior wonder though, what events had led to Daydream letting themselves go like this. With their bones jutting out and the usual light found in all feline's eyes dull in theirs, it made her heart ache. She barely knew Daydream, and yet she felt for some strange reason that they might have more in common than most. If it hadn't been for Blazingstar and her former apprentice back in WindClan, she would've all but lost herself when Sneakersong disappeared. In fact, she had almost given up being a warrior. There were days where she would go without food, without grooming herself, until one of the two people she cared most for in WindClan would come by and scold her for doing such, and not leaving until she was cleaned up and fed. Now, it felt like she needed share that kindness. "Trust me... I know how hard it is to accept any kind of help. But I think we need to look out for one another, especially with all these senseless battles going on." she mewed once more, sitting down and wrapping her fluffy tail neatly over her paws. Her right one was still outstretched a bit touching the prey, having not moved during her speaking. Pale green eyes flickering down towards the prey, Heatherfur shrugged her shoulders. "If the medicine cats of the Clans stop caring for themselves or each other, what does that mean for the future of our Clans?"
they didnt have the best sense of humor, so they were left silent as heatherfur attempted at a joke. they sat down, not making any notion towards the prey in the mean time. "Everyone who has ever attempted to help me is dead." their tone wasnt a growl, but close to it, low and dangerous. geckoleaf had cared for them. she had paw fed them prey whenever they refused. she had cleaned their fur and urged them to do it by themselves. they remember how much weight they carried back then. she died. cricketpaw, the only moly to look past their grumpy exterior and show them kindness was slaughtered on her own land. and juniperpaw? now she was gone, and daydream was supposed to up and accept the charity of this "angel of a saint" heatherfur they had never heard of. "Ive lasted this long before i was a medicine cat and i will after. I am the only thread riverclan and shadowclan had left because i was training juniperpaw, and fallenstar dare wouldnt harm a medicine cats clan if i was their only source of healing knowledge. I know what it means to keep the clans together because ive trains half of the damn forest by now." they had helped in cricketpaws training when they were together, and juniperpaws, along with shinefangs. could no one pick up the slack? it seemed sometimes they were in multiple places at once. and they were growing tired. they were old by any means, but they wanted to settle down. daydream too had used to be a warrior. they knew how clan structure worked. they would fight purely for pride and to hold honor, while the medicine cats would be left to pick up the pieces. they didnt need to be told what they already knew. "I am going to be honest. I am numb to the pain of loss and have suffered it many times. but this..juniperpaw was the last thing i had connected me to riverclan, a place i once felt at home," which explained why they had been walking through the territory so confidently,"so anything you say is going in one ear and out the other because im grieving, so if i hear one more god damn time that i need to eat, or that i should take care or myself-" this was the finale straw. they just..needed a breather. they needed soem time. any logical advice heatherfur wa giving them wasnt being retained at all as their logical side was growing dimmer and dimmer. normally they were unempathetic, cold even. but they had let cats into their heart and soften it, and its because of that, that they feel so hurt. so alone. so theyll be dammed if that let another cat, heatherfur, in.