Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
"Sharpen your teeth" - RC...
Last post by lark.
Today 05:22 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Littlesun0112
Today 05:21 PM
first aid lessons [p]
by starry
Last post by stag
Today 05:19 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Snowyfeathr
Today 05:16 PM
Rugged Range
by BEAR.
Last post by Madelaine
Today 05:16 PM

Old August 21st, 2017, 10:29 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenic! View Post
At first, Daypaw had been saying exactly what Russetstar had on his mind- that of all clans, it was so strange that ShadowClan had chosen to stay with them in danger of a storm. At first, when the other clan's medicine cat started talking about they were in danger of death, he expected it to be some kind of 'thank you', from saving their clan from the flood- which he would've humbly accepted, to be honest- with having to share their entire territory with another clan, a bit of thankfulness was something he needed right now. However, the RiverClan leader wasn't at all prepared for this- because they mentioned his daughter, the one he'd been mourning for moons, the one whose death he hadn't gotten over because he'd just rescued her, and then she slipped away from him again. Of course Cricketpaw would've known the fellow medicine cat, right? He hadn't known much of them being this close, but it was a bit of a relief to know there was someone who missed his daughter just as much as he did. "...I... I don't even know where to start- I miss her too, I miss her just as much as you do." He murmured softly as he flicked his tail towards Daypaw's shoulder, trying to comfort the younger cat the best he could. "...She was the kindest soul in RiverClan- I'm not surprised she's still the same after her death." He mewed softly- his daughter was a hero.

She'd always been a hero.
Daypaw sat down next to Russetstar, relatively close but enough for respective space. They didnt dare look at the leader. They didnt want to think that they were crying right now, but they let silent tears roll down their cheeks. They shouldve died. They wanted to die. They wanted to be with Cricketpaw. They had nothing. They had no mother, a dead father, siblings that were a bit too busy with their warrior lives to stop by. They had no mentor to guide them. They had nothing. Cricketpaw was the only thing they had, made them feel like they had family. They looked towards Russet,¨She looked just like you.¨ they said quietly. Everything they looked at the leader they only saw a bigger version of their best friend. But they sat up a bit more, tears still rolling down their face as they gazed towards the leader,¨I wanted to ask you about her murder, is there anything you know, who could have done this.¨ As soon as Cricketpaw was announced dead, the first thing the enby thought of was how to get revenge. They didnt know how they would do it, but they needed to. They had to. Criketpaw wasnt going to die in vain.
Old August 22nd, 2017, 08:08 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

@fenic! @AbsurdJinx @Lawlipop

The pale-furred molly gulped audibly as Dappleblossom suggested they headed to the leader's den to notify Russetstar that Scorchingflame had returned to Riverclan. She had just gotten her best friend back. It was supposed to be a happy moment, one that should've given her happiness and strength to last at least a couple sunrises. But all that happiness was drowned out at the thought of having to see her ex-mate again. It's not that she didn't like him, it's just that things were so... different now. And she wasn't sure how she should handle the situation. I want to be friends, but I think that once you've had two litters of kits with someone, it's not possible to be friends anymore...

As she stepped into the leader's den, Shellfeather could feel her paw's tingling. Not in excitement, but in confusion and worry. She felt like she shouldn't be in here, like she would get yelled at if she was. Out of instinct, the feline pressed herself closer to Scorchingflame, ears slightly turned downwards as she entered the small dark space.
As the three cats reached the cave where Russetstar slept, Shellfeather was pushed to the front of both of them, her being the smaller cat of the two long-furred felines. She could just make out the shadow of Russetstar in front of her. Shellfeather decided to just go for it and speak to him.
"Russetstar, there's someone here that has returned, like I did."
She meowed softly, curling her tail in the air.
What harm could talking to him do? Maybe if she showed bravery, than she could prove that they could still be friends.
We were friends before we were mates. So it can return to that, right?

She wasn't so sure about that.

~~~~~
@meraki @woly @mompaws @corgi @Duskflight @Suspiciousmindz @starfall @Duststorm
(To stalk)

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old August 22nd, 2017, 08:27 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

@fenic! @RedHead @Lawlipop

Scorchingflame padded beside Shellfeather cautiously. He wasn't aware of who the cat was who now occupied this den, and truthfully, he wasn't all too eager to find out. The fact that even Shellfeather came off as worried scared him. What was so frightening about the new leader? However, Shellfeather's weakness gave him the opportunity to prove to her he could protect her. When she leaned against him, Scorchingflame forced himself to stand tall, head held high with confidence.

Russetstar. Surely this wasn't the Russetswirl Scorchingflame had nearly killed once before? This wasn't the Russetswirl he'd fought for Shellfeather's affection, right? He inhaled shakily, releasing a long breath. He could only hope the dark figure before him was not the same feline he absolutely despised. Gathering his confidence once again, Scorchingflame faced this new challenge confidently. He refused to let his ghost of a past mess with his mind now. Besides, Russetswirl and Shellfeather weren't mates anymore - isn't that what mattered? Now, because Russetswirl let go of the best thing he'd ever have, Scorchingflame could finally step in and swoop her up, like he's always wanted.

He watched Shellfeather slip ahead, leaving him to stand beside Dappleblossom. In all honesty, he was very distracted by Shellfeather's sudden act of bravery that he barely noticed the she-cat at his side. Scorchingflame was quickly reminded of her presence, though, and he leaned against her for comfort.
Old August 22nd, 2017, 11:42 PM
Plot Queen

My Mood: Chatty

@fenic! @RedHead @AbsurdJinx

Dappleblossom slowed her pace as soon as she entered the den. The den itself was shaded, the more you entered the den, the darker and harder to see it became, not even the line of a cat's silhuoette could be seen clearly, It was all a dark shade. She could tell Russetstar wasn't too far in his den as she could still see the bengal's pelt, despite their being lack of light. She could fear the nervousness in the room, not just by Scorchingflame, but Shellfeather as well. Not like Dappleblosssom knew the feeling, but she could tell it might feel a bit awkward to be in front of the cat you used to be mates with and the cat you resented for taking the cat they loved. She watched Shellfeather walk in front of her and announce their presence to the leader and their business in his den. Her fur bristled slightly in surprise as she felt something touch and looked next to her and saw the tall ginger tom reclining beside her, she assumed because he was seeking alleviation in this awkward situation with facing the cat from your past. She saw the scenario clearly and straightened herself up a little bit. She self-nominated herself as the voice of reason in the conversation for them all. "Russetstar? I'm here as well." she said, making sure to let him know, though she speculated that he could see her much better than she could see him.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 10:34 AM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
Daypaw sat down next to Russetstar, relatively close but enough for respective space. They didnt dare look at the leader. They didnt want to think that they were crying right now, but they let silent tears roll down their cheeks. They shouldve died. They wanted to die. They wanted to be with Cricketpaw. They had nothing. They had no mother, a dead father, siblings that were a bit too busy with their warrior lives to stop by. They had no mentor to guide them. They had nothing. Cricketpaw was the only thing they had, made them feel like they had family. They looked towards Russet,¨She looked just like you.¨ they said quietly. Everything they looked at the leader they only saw a bigger version of their best friend. But they sat up a bit more, tears still rolling down their face as they gazed towards the leader,¨I wanted to ask you about her murder, is there anything you know, who could have done this.¨ As soon as Cricketpaw was announced dead, the first thing the enby thought of was how to get revenge. They didnt know how they would do it, but they needed to. They had to. Criketpaw wasnt going to die in vain.
As Daypaw finally glanced towards Russetstar, the tears rolling down the medicine cat's cheeks were some sort of shock to the leader, the idea that he looked so much like their dead friend- because as much as the leader wanted to get over her as well, Cricketpaw was the light of his life. Besides Whisperblaze, she was the next cat he'd die nine times over to protect. And then... he asked about her death. He didn't talk about this- it was too much, seeing her body brought in. He couldn't do this, could he? It was horrifying, terrible- how would he talk about this without having to break down himself? "It... it was a rogue who did it. We never caught who killed her- the scent trail was a bust." He coughed out, his eyes pained at the idea of talking about this- he didn't want this. He didn't want to talk about how she died, not when he could be talking about all the good she'd done while alive. She was such a great cat, and it hurt him just to mention that terrible cat who took her life away from her.

-- @Lawlipop @RedHead @AbsurdJinx

Russetstar had been worked up enough that evening- he was rather tired himself, and in all honesty, was looking forward to some time by himself- who knew, maybe Whisperblaze would stop by to talk for a bit. Sometimes he thought the tom and their kits were the only thing holding him down in this flood of activity- he was so stressed out, but for them and the clan, everything was worth it. However, his time of relaxation quickly came to an end as he heard sounds of a group approaching, hoping the issue they had to talk about wasn't too important. But before he could wave them in with a paw, his face almost dropped at the appearance of three cats- one of his best friends, an awkward acquaintance, and... you have got to be kidding me.

When Scorchingflame had left the clan, Russetstar- then Russetswirl- had been overwhelmed with relief. The tom had threatened him over his own love life, not to mention that he almost killed him- the leader still carried a few scars on his shoulder from that fateful encounter. Stepping out of the shadows carefully, it was obvious for all now that he was the same cat from moons before, and that he wasn't exactly too happy about this. "...Dappleblossom, it's very nice to see you. I hope you're having a nice day." He murmured to his best friend through gritted teeth- he wasn't about to ruin her kind of innocence by confronting Scorchingflame on his... murderous? tendencies, but he wasn't very happy with this happening one bit. "You too, Shellfeather...So, who's this newcomer you've brought into the clan? Be careful when bringing strangers into our camp, you two- they could be... dangerous." He accentuated the last part, glaring daggers towards the former RiverClanner as he waited for responses.

Last edited by Fel; August 23rd, 2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 02:55 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

@Lawlipop @RedHead @fenic!

Scorchingflame couldn't believe it! The coward Russetswirl had become leader! He refused to call the tomcat Russetstar - he'd always be the pathetic excuse for a warrior known as Russetswirl. He remembered their fight clearly - Scorchingflame had escaped without injury due to the fact that Russetswirl refused to fight back. He still carried so much rage for Russetswirl; he nearly launched himself at the red-brown warrior, but he forced himself to stand back seeing that Dappleblossom and Shellfeather were there. However, Scorchingflame felt his muscles tense, his shoulder fur bristling with hostility. Dappleblossom pressed against him brought him comfort, enough to refrain him from attacking Russetswirl.

His ear twitched as he noted the awkward greeting between the former mates. He still wondered which one of them had left the other, yet it didn't really matter, as long as that in the end he had Shellfeather, and Russetswirl didn't. Scorchingflame found himself chuckling coldly. ``Russetswirl, did you forget about me already?`` He even added a cocky smirk to add his confident act. In all honesty, Scorchingflame was looking for a fight. Specifically, he was looking for a fight with Russetswirl. I figure I'll have to work on making a larger impact on him.
Old August 25th, 2017, 03:34 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

@Lawlipop @fenic! @AbsurdJinx
You too Shellfeather? That's all I get? Shellfeather's ears fell backward even more, although she forced them back upwards. She refused to let it show that this was hurting her. Hadn't she just told herself over and over that she no longer cared about Russetstar as any more than a friend? "Sometimes you need to find someone else to love for the hurt to ever go away." Spicepaw's words entered Shellfeather's ears. She had never thought that her only son would've grown up to be so deep and thoughtful. But he had, and Shellfeather had enjoyed the talk she had had with him earlier in the day, before Scorchingflame had returned. She hadn't talked to him in a while since they had returned to Riverclan, but when she did, she could feel that immense love that he held for her, as his mother.

The white-furred warrior's eyes widened as Russetstar continued speaking, glaring at Scorchingflame. The feline had tried so hard to forget what had happened between the two. And she had. Until this moment. Now the memory was rushing back to fill her already fragile heart. The snarl on Scorchingflame's face, the fear she had felt when she had seen him attack her former mate. Scorchingflame was her best friend, and she had never thought he would've done something like that. She was oblivious to the feelings he held for her, still, even in this time now.

Shellfeather wanted to get angry with Russetstar for saying such a thing to Scorchingflame, but she knew he had a perfectly good reason to hold a grudge against the larger tom. And Shellfeather wasn't going to argue against that. Her and the russet-furred tom still had a chance at friends, right? No. Something in Shellfeather's stomach twinged as her mind instantly responded to her own thoughts. Was that really what was going to happen? Her and Russetstar, breaking off their link and never talking again? That is sure what it feels like right now... At least she still had her kits. Or what was left of them. Shellfeather felt a twinge in her heart and she wanted to start crying for all of her lost kits, like she did every day. But now wasn't the time. The time for mourning verbally was gone. Life has to move on.

Shellfeather was still aware of Dappleblossom behind her, and the thought occurred to her to just leave with the calico she-cat. The two hadn't seen each other in a while, and Shellfeather wanted to form a stronger friendship bond between them. But the time for being weak and running away wasn't at hand. She could bond with Dappleblossom later. Right now, Scorchingflame needed her. And she'd like to believe that maybe even, at this moment, Russetstar needed her as well.

The feline could feel Scorchingflame as he tensed up, and she placed her tail soothingly against his pelt. She tried to mentally imply to him "stay strong,
don't give in to your anger. I'll handle this."
She wasn't completely sure if he would get those exact words out of the look she cast him. Turning her sapphire hues to Russetstar, Shellfeather spoke. "Russetstar, you know very well that Scorchingflame isn't a stranger. When Spicepaw and I came back to the clan, you welcomed us with open arms. You didn't go as far as to call us strangers." The warrior held Russetstar's gaze, something she hadn't been able to do in a long time. But this time, instead of feeling sorrow and regret, she felt something else. She felt strength and authority as she stared into those hues, so much like Spicepaw's. Or more, Spicepaw's were so much like his. "Now, don't think I didn't forget what... Tensions happened between you two, for I surely haven't. But Russetstar, you need to learn to put your past behind you, give others a second chance. I mean, you did that for me, right? I believe I hurt you just as much as Scorchingflame did." And you gave Whisperblaze a second chance for your love. True love.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.

Last edited by RedHead; September 3rd, 2017 at 10:27 PM.
Old September 21st, 2017, 05:06 AM
Plot Queen

My Mood: Chatty

@RedHead @AbsurdJinx @fenic!
(( I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry guys ;u; I lost my inspiration to rp for a bit))

Dappleblossom expected the reuninion between the former rivals would have gone sour, on contrast to being reunited with Shellfeather and herself, which was a warmly process alltogether, the two she-cats were egstatic to have the giant ginger tom back in the clans where they felt he belonged. Right now, however, the room felt cold and awkward and Dappleblossom could tell that Russetstar wanted no more than to chase Scorchingblaze to the other side of Twolegplace. If it were a strange cat that Dappleblossom had no interactions with, she would have assisted. Evident from the only greeting that didn't feel forced or awkward, she and Russetstar have become close during Shellfeather's and Scorchingflame's absence. But she knew Scorchingflame. And she wouldn't allow him to do without her giving a long, hard fight over it. And she has Shellfeather to back her up as well, the calico shifting her eyes at the white tabby in front of her.

She put her line of focus back on Russetstar, her painted ears flickering and her eyes glowing with determination, but softened it up when it was her turn to speak in protest. "Russetstar please. I know your past with Scorchingflame has been..." she pauses and looks up at the ceiling of the den for the words she wants to say that doesn't sound too harsh. "... the cheeriest... But I was hoping you would toss your personal relationship with him and see him more as a necessary asset." She pulls away from Scorchingflame and moves so the outside world can be seen. Pointing with her tail, she says. "Look out there, Russetstar. Do you know what that is? Two clans under distress and need helping paws from whomever can provide it. There is a big portion from RiverClan and ShadowClan that are unable to serve the place they are currently in because they are too young, too old, or too busy caring for their young." she says, watching some kits play nearby the entrance before disappearing. Turning back to look at Russetstar. "Not every cat knows how to fish, so we need any cat willing enough to help us get more food. The prey on land might dwindle in numbers, but we can be assured that the fish will still be with us for leafbare." She remains where she is, but looks at Scorchingflame and points her tail st him. "Scorchingflame may have been away from the clan for a while, but I will not doubt his loyalty here. You didn't doubt my loyalty or Shellfeather's when we came back. Why doubt his over a petty past?"
Old October 6th, 2017, 07:34 PM

Ottertail poked her brown head into the leader's den, her blue eyes flickering everywhere, taking in every inch of the den. Her half tail flicked behind her as she took a half-stride into the den. "Russetstar?" She called out hopefully, a hint of annoyance in her voice. She breathed in and tasted the air, happy to see that it finally had stopped stenching of ShadowClan. She let out a soft scoff as she remembered the cats flooding the RiverClan camp. (pun intended )

@fenic!
Old October 6th, 2017, 07:40 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsyaboirussetbird View Post
Ottertail poked her brown head into the leader's den, her blue eyes flickering everywhere, taking in every inch of the den. Her half tail flicked behind her as she took a half-stride into the den. "Russetstar?" She called out hopefully, a hint of annoyance in her voice. She breathed in and tasted the air, happy to see that it finally had stopped stenching of ShadowClan. She let out a soft scoff as she remembered the cats flooding the RiverClan camp. (pun intended )

@fenic!
russetstar had been a bit less stressed than usual as shadowclan had ceased their stay in the clan's territory, and he couldn't help feeling a lot better than he usually did. at the moment, the leader was resting in his den to himself, enjoying the peace which came after the storm, because it had rained out everything else that had been bothering the tom as of late. however, at the call of one of his clanmates, he quickly picked his head up towards the frustrated warrior with a light yawn. "...ottertail-- is there anything you need?" he asked with a lighter tone, getting out of his nest gently as he stretched out his large front paws before redirecting his gaze back towards her.
(;(;(;

Last edited by Fel; October 6th, 2017 at 07:40 PM.