Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan > WindClan Events

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Claw and Conquer -...
by paris
Last post by paris
Today 12:46 PM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by squidz
Today 12:46 PM
FENPAW'S FINDER
Last post by tempest.
Today 12:44 PM
Croaking Swamp
Last post by IDIOTICBEAN101
Today 12:42 PM
Haven Springs
Last post by Neptune.
Today 12:34 PM
Closed Thread

Old September 19th, 2017, 10:53 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Melody View Post
Hunterfang hated the tension between them with everything he had. He could tell Springwind did, too. It should never be this awkward between them. Springwind was like a father to him! Why was it so weird now? Surely not because he was a warrior. Or perhaps, An annoying, nagging voice in Hunterfang's head chided. Maybe it is.... Maybe because now that i'm a warrior, Springwind doesn't need me. But, suddenly snapped from his thoughts, the Tom flinched, actually flinched when Springwind spoke again, not expecting such a harsh tone, and skipped another step back, eyes snapping back toward his former mentor, and his ears whipping back against his head before anyone could blink. His expression was first panicked, then confused, then... Masked. Blank. His brown gaze quickly darted away. "Yeah. Y- I know. Sorry." He said quickly, quietly, shaking his head slightly to try to get rid of the sudden fear - panic - That had stabbed at him.

He shook his head again, this time keeping his gaze away. But he shifted a little whenever Springwind moved, eyes darting toward him warily, but never really resting on his former mentor. He leaned back on his paws, as if to gain some distance between them, but that wasn't really what he wanted. Yet, he couldn't help it. The only thing that could make this worse would be if Dad was here. And that's when his muscles seemed to lock in place and he stopped walking, stopped following Springwind. Ratheart's words hit him, reminded him that - Oh.. Hunterfang wasn't supposed to be doing this. Wasn't supposed to be around his former mentor... According to his father. Springwind was a "bad influence". Springwind "got to him too easily". Springwind made him "weak". Springwind protected him.

Hunterfang's eyes were wide, he barely even heard his former mentor's words. His eyes flickered around, nose twitching, but he couldn't see, nor hear, his father at all. "Spring, I don't think I sho--" He stopped, hesitated, then took another breath. Ratheart wasn't there. But if he finds out, I'm definitely gonna get into trouble later. He thought, watching Springwind for a moment. Every part of him ached to follow the other Tom, like he used to. Ratheart couldn't keep Hunterfang away from him when he was an apprentice - Springwind had been his mentor. "The good old days." Hunterfang whispered to himself, glancing back. And yet, another part of him told him to just turn and walk away, it'd be worth it in the end. He battled with himself for a moment, before finally continuing to follow his former mentor, at a much slower pace.

"Nevermind. Let's hunt." Hunterfang murmured, letting his gaze sweep around. His tail twitched anxiously, however, and he looked more on edge, shoulders tense, ears pricked, gaze darting. But, after a few moments he finally decided to try to break the ice, returning his brown gaze to his mentor. "Anything new in your life?" His voice was slightly edged with curiosity, tilting his head at his former mentor before glancing around once more. Hopefully a conversation with his former mentor could take his thoughts away from his father.
Springwind heard the new warrior's apology, and he simply flicked his ears in response. He was busy trying to determine the best way a hare would be. He didn't mind Hunterfang's presence, but he didn't understand why the warrior was still near him. Springwind simply walked away when he wasn't wanting...and, now Hunterfang was strolling after him. What a turn of events! It should had been something happy, but now it was strict business. They would never have that relationship they shared when Hunterfang was young.

Truth be told, Springwind had been spending more time with his mate since Hunterfang received his new name. Aside from spending time with his mate, Springwind was dealing with a flirty, romantic niece who couldn't keep her tail to herself. Springwind never noticed that he had been stressed. The tom had been extremely out of line. He felt out of place, but he couldn't allow his family to know that. Hunterfang was busy with his own father...yes, his own father. That's what Springwind wanted to ask Hunterfang. What was all that about? Why was Hunterfang spending most time with a tom he loathed. Not only did he loathed him, but Springwind also loathed the older tom himself. Ratheart was not fit to be a warrior. And, Springwinf wanted to have private 'discussions' with the older tom regarding...well, everything. Mainly Hunterfang.

The train of thought had been tossed aside. Suddenly, Springwind shot up upon seeing a hare. As quick as lightning it ran. Springwind ran after it once the words rolled off Hunterfang's tongue. Just as he wanted to answer what was going on in his life...nothing had been new. Springwind was more tired than usual, but nothing out of the ordinary. He was still the same tom Hunterfang grew up around. Just a lot older and more relaxed. Laid back. But, continued working. Springwind spread his legs, now springing across the field as he gained up on his prey. No, he was not losing this catch. Not at all. He was waiting for this catch. His eyes slitted in determination, and as he gained up, he pounced hard landing briefly on the tail of the hare, and bringing his claws forward to rack its back. It let out a screeching wail, and when Springwind had the upper-paw, he nipped its neck for a final blow, and allowed the crimson liquid to cover his muzzle and paws. Now that his catch was taken cared of, and he could present it as a gift to his lover, the tom began to give his pelt a couple rasp licks, turning back to drag his catch over to Hunterfang.

Springwind was relieved. Yet, tired. Sure, he came out to hunt, but his body still ached in a sense. Springwind had brushed the pain off, and gave a distant smile to his former apprentice. ''Sorry about that. But you know, you should never allow a catch to get away. No matter in the midst of anything.'' Springwind told him. As if he were an apprentice once more. Clearing his throat from the awkwardness of that moment, Springwind recalled Hunterfang's question, and blew a huff. Flicking his tail from one side to the other, cautiously, Springwind shrugged. ''Suppose nothing's really new. I'm hoping to get a new apprentice though to keep me busy around here.'' He loved the company of Beefire, and with his own niece becoming an warrior...he didn't know what else to do around the clan. He could relax all he want. That's what this laid-back tom enjoyed doing. Yet, teaching was another specialty of his that he enjoyed very much. ''Enough about me though, kit,'' he teased, ''What is new with you?'' And, why are acting so abnormal?
Old September 19th, 2017, 11:27 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Springwind heard the new warrior's apology, and he simply flicked his ears in response. He was busy trying to determine the best way a hare would be. He didn't mind Hunterfang's presence, but he didn't understand why the warrior was still near him. Springwind simply walked away when he wasn't wanting...and, now Hunterfang was strolling after him. What a turn of events! It should had been something happy, but now it was strict business. They would never have that relationship they shared when Hunterfang was young.

Truth be told, Springwind had been spending more time with his mate since Hunterfang received his new name. Aside from spending time with his mate, Springwind was dealing with a flirty, romantic niece who couldn't keep her tail to herself. Springwind never noticed that he had been stressed. The tom had been extremely out of line. He felt out of place, but he couldn't allow his family to know that. Hunterfang was busy with his own father...yes, his own father. That's what Springwind wanted to ask Hunterfang. What was all that about? Why was Hunterfang spending most time with a tom he loathed. Not only did he loathed him, but Springwind also loathed the older tom himself. Ratheart was not fit to be a warrior. And, Springwinf wanted to have private 'discussions' with the older tom regarding...well, everything. Mainly Hunterfang.

The train of thought had been tossed aside. Suddenly, Springwind shot up upon seeing a hare. As quick as lightning it ran. Springwind ran after it once the words rolled off Hunterfang's tongue. Just as he wanted to answer what was going on in his life...nothing had been new. Springwind was more tired than usual, but nothing out of the ordinary. He was still the same tom Hunterfang grew up around. Just a lot older and more relaxed. Laid back. But, continued working. Springwind spread his legs, now springing across the field as he gained up on his prey. No, he was not losing this catch. Not at all. He was waiting for this catch. His eyes slitted in determination, and as he gained up, he pounced hard landing briefly on the tail of the hare, and bringing his claws forward to rack its back. It let out a screeching wail, and when Springwind had the upper-paw, he nipped its neck for a final blow, and allowed the crimson liquid to cover his muzzle and paws. Now that his catch was taken cared of, and he could present it as a gift to his lover, the tom began to give his pelt a couple rasp licks, turning back to drag his catch over to Hunterfang.

Springwind was relieved. Yet, tired. Sure, he came out to hunt, but his body still ached in a sense. Springwind had brushed the pain off, and gave a distant smile to his former apprentice. ''Sorry about that. But you know, you should never allow a catch to get away. No matter in the midst of anything.'' Springwind told him. As if he were an apprentice once more. Clearing his throat from the awkwardness of that moment, Springwind recalled Hunterfang's question, and blew a huff. Flicking his tail from one side to the other, cautiously, Springwind shrugged. ''Suppose nothing's really new. I'm hoping to get a new apprentice though to keep me busy around here.'' He loved the company of Beefire, and with his own niece becoming an warrior...he didn't know what else to do around the clan. He could relax all he want. That's what this laid-back tom enjoyed doing. Yet, teaching was another specialty of his that he enjoyed very much. ''Enough about me though, kit,'' he teased, ''What is new with you?'' And, why are acting so abnormal?
Hunterfang bit back a sigh, completely silent as he padded after his former mentor, staying about a mouse-length behind him. His gaze trailed around, nose twitching slightly. Rabbit. Mouse. Bird. He listed off the prey he smelled silently, ears flicking as he padded on. When Springwind launched off - After a hare, Hunterfang could smell - Hunterfang took off at the same time, after the bird this time; The creature was near a bush, pecking at the small seeds around it; It had no idea until the last minute. Hunterfang smirked to himself as his paws closed around the bird, claws sinking into soft feathers and his teeth splitting the fur, sinking into the soft skin of its neck; It didn't put up much of a fight.

Hunterfang sucked in a breath and snatched the limp bird up in his jaws, leaping up to his paws and shaking his black and white fur out, actually pleased with himself. Hunting was something Ratheart couldn't take away from him, at least. The warrior took in a deep breath and turned back to where Springwind was, seeing as his mentor was still chasing after the hare. Hunterfang simply dropped the bird and lowered his head to give his chest fur a few quick licks, satisfied with himself. Mostly just satisfied because he felt free, since his father wasn't around, because he was getting a break - However short it may be.

Hunterfang glanced up when Springwind returned, and gave a dry smile as he slid a step back when his former mentor approached. He gave a shrug of his shoulders when the other Tom apologized. "Nice catch." He observed, nodding to the hare. He nodded when Springwind answered, allowing a small smile to tug at his maw when Springwind spoke about getting a new apprentice, despite the overwhelming jealousy it caused. But he shook that off rather quickly; Because Springwind's question sent a new jolt of panic through him, one that shocked him straight to the core and had him tensing, shoulders locking in place for a second.

Most cats wouldn't have reacted to that question in such a way. But then, Hunterfang wasn't like most cats, was he? The new warrior hesitated for a second, gaze flickering around for a moment. "Nothing's new." He finally said, his voice so steady it even surprised him. The Tom took a deep breath and continued. "Just getting used to-- To being a warrior." He stuttered a bit at the end of his sentence, as if he was going to say something else at first, but had decided against it. Which he had. What he was going to say; Just getting used to being alone. Well, alone, with the exception of my father, who for some reason is still around... Hunterfang shook the thought away and focused once more on his former mentor, though he continued to glance away, ears flicking.

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust
Old September 20th, 2017, 07:31 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

Obsidiansky might've thought himself in a safe zone, but that was not the case. Fawnskip was a rather powerful feline when it came to emotions. She's learned to observe, to notice the slightest changes, to analyze another cat's actions and words. She was capable of taking some unsuspecting tom's jar of joy and then holding it upside down. She was even capable of destroying families, just because she swayed her hips a certain way or said a couple of words. Fawnskip didn't doubt her abilities either. She had toms wrapped around her paws just because she had a pretty pelt. And no, she was not interested in a relationship where her partner saw her as more than a pretty pelt. She did have a pretty pelt, so why not embrace her appearance as well as her personality and talents?

After slipping through the camp walls, Fawnskip felt the air lose its weight. She felt much more at ease, and based off a couple of brief observations, she thought Obsidiansky was also more comfortable. She smiled a genuine smile, lifting her muzzle to the sky and inhaling the fresh air. She closed her eyes as she did this, her tail continuing to sweep softly behind her. She remained in this position for just a few moments before lowering her head, smile growing, and trotting beside Obsidiansky. Her impressive posture did not falter. Fawnskip's pale-colored fur seemed to shine white, and her golden eyes reflected the sunlight.

She made sure to look at Obsidiansky frequently, keeping the innocent look in her eyes and the inviting, genuine smile across her muzzle. Fawnskip truly did not mind spending time with Obsidiansky outside camp. It was... nice, not to constantly flirt. However, Obsidiansky was not to be her best friend, but simply a flirting target. She couldn't be truthful with him, not when she would later crush his heart. ``I agree. Being outside camp is quite nice.`` This was not a lie. Fawnskip felt more free outside the confined camp. ``It seems you find your confidence out here as well, hm? If we're to become acquaintances or dare I say friends, should I keep that in mind?`` Of course, she was not looking for a friend, but every flirt was deceitful... or just plain liars.
Out here it seemed as though almost nothing went unnoticed by Obsidiansky. He was still wary of her intentions. There was no way - no way at all - that Fawnskip was actually interested in him. Not with this kind of behavior, she wanted something from him - but what was it? What did Fawnskip want from the dark tom? His eyes gleamed semi-helplessly and he was careful not to fall into her trap. As long as he didn't make eye contact with her, he would be fine. Just act like yourself. And you'll be fine. Was the best advice the tom could give himself. "If you think it's important, I guess you could." The tom mewed in a nonchalant manner. WRONG! His mind screamed at him, and it nearly made the tom draw up in surprise, his fur bristling before he managed to calm himself. "It's more of a comfort thing, really." He added in a little bit more of a friendly manner.

He still wasn't quite comfortable with Fawnskip. Imagine she's Infernosky. Like he had thought before, he wished the former deputy was here. Partly for him as well as to keep the she cat in line. Maybe to keep him in line. He was dreaming if he was thinking that she would ever, ever be actually interested in him... like at all. Obsidiansky gave her a smile, and relaxed his tensed muscles. She might have an impressive posture, a pretty pelt, a charming smile... beautiful eyes... a sweet personality... stop that! She was just a cat. Like him. Like Sagewhisker. Like anyone else, no one was "better" then anyone. They were all cats. More useful, sure! But not better.

He didn't like thinking of it as better. A playful surge seemed to take hold of the tom (this generally happened when he was with friends) and he turned to his companion. "See that tree over there? I'll race you. If I win, you have to tell me something about yourself that no one else knows - and it has to be the truth, okay? No cheating. If you win... uh... you pick. Whatever you want. What do you say?" Obsidiansky was pretty fast, and he was basing this race on his desire to get to know the she cat better. Maybe, she wouldn't mind. A lot of flirty cats weren't that into anything that could make them look less impressive. Which was why the tom avoided them, most of the time. But maybe - just maybe - she was different. There was always a chance that she was, perhaps, interested in getting to know him. As more then this. It was slim, but... couldn't it be there?

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old September 20th, 2017, 08:20 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Relief flooded her as he told her he forgave her. She smiled back at him as the stood up and trotted into the clearing. Maybe they could forget about what just happened, and go back to being like they were? Sagewhisker could never forget or get rid of her feelings for Obsidiansky, but at least they could possibly forget about what she said and the two could grow closer and then maybe- just maybe they could be together? And then there it was.

Sagewhisker flinched. No. I can’t move on, I can’t accept that but ya’ know… he’s right. I should have known better than to tell him. I should have known better than to think this could have ever worked between the two of us. “Yeah, sure whatever you want.” Sagewhisker meowed. She smiled, faintly. “Let’s just.. forget what happened, go back to what it used to be- what we used to be. Best friends. Not a care in the world. Nothing serious just… ya’ know. Forget what I said about having feelings for you. I’m sure, in time, I can move on. Find other people.” Sagewhisker smiled, tilting her head slightly. “Maybe it’s for the best. Maybe we’re not meant for eachother. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe I just thought I had feelings for you. Maybe I did- maybe I didn’t. That doesn’t matter anymore.”

The ginger tufted molly scooted closer to him and put one paw on his shoulder. “Don’t feel bad, I know you. I know you do, but don’t. I’ll be fine as long as you’re happy. I just want you to be happy, OK? I don’t care what happens to me, who I end up- if I even end up with someone- as long as you’re happy.”
Her words confused him for a second before he realized what she was talking about. Sagewhisker was... letting him go. He forgave her, and now she was repaying him by letting him go. No, the tom most certainly was not upset about that. If anything he was happy. Very, very pleased. It was great that she was letting him go, because - Obsidiansky wasn't sure if he could find himself having feelings for her. There was something there, there had to be - but it was hard to feel. Was it even there? Whatever, because it didn't matter. "I agree. But, Sagewhisker - there is a cat out there for you. I don't know if I was ever right, but I - I mean I know, um, that there's someone out there." He watched her with a worried gaze. What if he was wrong?

What if he had been just right for her, and now she was losing the only cat who had ever been perfect? Why, oh why couldn't it have been someone else besides Obsidiansky... why... but no. It had had to be him. This had to all have started, he could've just kept his big maw shut about Canineheart but he had chosen to tell her and then all this stuff had happened. It was like a neverending wheel of emotions, continuing rolling until it couldn't anymore. He hoped he wasn't exhausting his friend emotionally. There was something that was absolutely awful about realizing that Sagewhisker could break down, and he might not be able to fix it.

"But you're going to be okay though, right?" He mewed anxiously. His tail twitched and he gave the she cat a nervous glance. She... had to be okay. The tom cleared his throat and looked at the ground. "Because, I mean, I could - we could - I mean, I can't be happy if you aren't. You're my friend, Sagewhisker - I care about you. A lot." It was all he knew how to say in that moment, and Obsidiansky didn't know whether he was saying the right thing or the wrong. All he knew was that words were coming out and he was talking, but it was like he was talking without really being there in a sense. It felt as though he was someone else. Like those words weren't his own. And it was an eerie sensation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

As the kit snarled back at her, Quailpaw's ears flattened angrily against her head. Who does this kit think he is? Her tabby pelt rippled slightly with anger. She was used to being treated poorly by the other apprentices, but by a kit? That was just too far. She wasn't that small. Plus, there were cats in life who were small. And she had her strengths to her as well. She might be short and half blind, but she had amazing hearing and was one of the fastest cats you could meet.

Turning her head a bit so she could see him more clearly, Quailpaw's ears slowly perked up, as she listened to him continue to talk. Though there was not much he said, Quailpaw could discern the scorn in his voice. Or just the snappiness of it. She considered playing a game with him, by not giving him her name, but that had never been the feline's style. Playing games was overrated to her. Unless they involved stealing something from someone, or playing around with their thoughts. "Flirting" games though? No way would she participate in those. "Quailpaw." She meowed, her tail flicking slightly. "And let me guess..." She took a look at the tomkit's pelt, looking him over from head to toe. "Your name is like what? Splotchedkit?"
Splotchedkit? A weak name. Mercurykit was actually quite proud of his name, he thought that it showed an amazing amount of fierceness. It sounded like he wasn't afraid of things. He wasn't sure how you got that from a name, but Mercurykit was the greatest. "An educated guess, based on my pelt, I'm sure." He mewed. His temper had faded for the moment - now he was trying a new approach. Perhaps she would be more impressed with a more sophisticated cat. Any way, he needed to get Quailpaw on his side. Any way at all. "But you would be wrong just by guessing from that. My name is, in fact, Mercurykit." He mewed as he calmly looked at the she cat. Splotchedkit indeed!

What gave her the idea that it was even the slightest bit okay to call him such a weak and awful name? Who would ever name their own kit that? Her own name was fairly interesting, though when he thought of a bird, he thought of weakness or fear. Still, he wouldn't tell her that - not yet. If this politeness didn't work he would just go back to himself. And make a friend or an enemy. It was too bad, Mercurykit wanted some spirit like that. If it wasn't to be, though... it wasn't to be. His eyes studied Quailpaw, looking for any signs of fear or worry. none. She had anger, and wait - was she blind?

No, no not all the way... one of her eyes looked fine, but the other... that was a disaster! Mercurykit couldn't use a half-blind cat! "Your eyes are quite interesting." He remarked, hoping that he would get some sort of an explanation. And if not, then he would point it out - as he had said - later. For the moment he needed to remain safe, safe from all things that could result in suddenly making him appear as less polite in any form, shape, or manner.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old September 20th, 2017, 01:08 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Default Re: WindClan Nursery

Quote:

Truthfully, Thea didn't think the tom would follow up on his promise. It didn't matter much if he came to see her or not. It wasn't like she was his mate, so it wasn't mandatory for him to come. But, since he figured he would come check on her - a part of her thought it was sweet. He would come to see how she was doing. But, everything was strictly business between them. No romance. No friendship. Well, friendship might be good for the both of them. Raising kits together shouldn't be entirely hard. Weaselshade and herself done it before with Mothkit and Nightkit. So, how hard could it be? Soon enough, the somali mix came into the nursery. Her ears perked, but her eyes stayed to its normal opening. She refused to be shocked. Her head lifted, and she quickly sat up so he would be able to see her easily since he walked into the nursery looking for her. When his gaze landed on her, Thea blinked. He strutted over towards her, sitting next to her. He uttered a greeting towards her, and Thea simply hummed in response. What else was there to say? It was already pretty awkward between them. The last time he was here, they had been laid up together. Pressed against each other as if they were mates. ''I see you've came back.'' Okay. Those words were not needed. She wasn't asking for an argument with the tom again. ''Uh - how are you?'' Again, awkward. She didn't have a normal conversation with the tom. They hardly even talked at all. And, she was fine with that. Ever since she's been with kits, she didn't know whether or not it was bringing them together or making them regret ever getting close to one another.

Awkward... That was the one (and probably only word) word to describe their conversation and how they were acting. Weaselshade had not started with a very good greeting, and neither had Thea. Well, what would you expect? Even if they had been curled up like mates at their last meeting, they were still on odd terms. The acting like mates thing had made it even more awkward, despite the fact that they now liked each other, as in they were okay with working together. As well as a friendship being okay. None of that erased the awkwardness however, it seemed to add to it. Weaselshade and Thea had an awkward relationship, and it seemed impossible to change. They were not mates, friends (though that would be a good one), best friends, or love interests. Former enemies, sure, but it was really just a complicated relationship. The tom didn't know what it was like to have a complicated relationship with anyone, until he met Thea. It was strange, he had become the kits adoptive father, and he hadn't gotten along with Thea. At least that was how he remembered it happening. It was so strange that honestly, sometimes the tom couldn't think straight. It was hard to when he was near Thea. His mind fogged over with thoughts that even he didn't understand. It annoyed him at times. But other times he enjoyed it. No one could read your thoughts, as your eyes were clouded over. But the best part, you couldn't decode your thoughts either. Weaselshade, determined to have the awkwardness not get to him, shook his head a bit before speaking. "Good. You?" He could see why the molly's words had sounded awkward. His did to.
Old September 21st, 2017, 08:38 AM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

@~Breadsticks~
Midgepaw slipped out of camp, their yellow eyes wide as they took in the territory. It wasn't like they'd never seen it before, but it took their breath away every time, the rough breeze buffeting their pelt, the straightened and looked around for a certain cat in particular, that cat being Ebonyflicker. They were glad he was there mentor, and not someone else. After a moment, they locked eyes on the warrior and padded over, head low and tail almost dragging in the course tussocks of moor grass, which prickled at their paw pads, but Midgepaw actually liked the sensation to some extent, and although they sometimes missed the soft leafs and springy pine needles of their old home, they didn't miss the trees at all. Everything here felt so much safer, and yet more open at the same time, since there was rarely a time when you couldn't see the sky in WindClan. “H-hey, Ebonyflicker,” Midgepaw greeted, purring faintly. They were quite a bit more comfortable around the tom than when they'd first met him.
Old September 21st, 2017, 01:05 PM

My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post

The glare that Infernosky shot him was enough to let the black feline know it would be smart to keep his maw shut now. Even though it hadn't been that long ago since they had met, sometimes the red cat truly scared him. Everything from her fiery pelt to her still deputy-like personality was unique, although Obsidiansky had found that a lot of cats had unique personalities. It was sort of one of the perks of living in a Clan, you could meet everyone - and get to know all their little quirks and secrets and things. Though there was no way for the tom to know everybody's secrets, Obsidiansky had found out quite a few things about his clanmates. And he was sure they knew a lot about him. Jitterpaw's stifled snort brought the black cat's smile back to his maw, and he gave her a playful wink. Where Infernosky couldn't see it, of course - if she was a neutral friend in a battle of feelings, then Jitterpaw was another. And a playful one at that, which was worth about ten friends in Obsidiansky's opinion. He needed a playful "just friend" to hang out with, without fear of something happening. And by something happening, that meant... well... any drama.

Because drama had been his life recently. First the drama with Canineheart, now Sagewhisker, and it just might end up draining him. The conversation that the two other cats were having drained into the background as the black feline focused on Russelfur and Jitterpaw, flicking the she cat lightly (in a teasing manner, as an older brother might do) with his tail. Perhaps over time he would become a natural part of their little group. But, it would be difficult to integrate into a group of cats who had been together for so long. If they needed anything, any help as far as the change with WindClan went, Obsidiansky would be happy to. His ears flicked fowards to follow Jitterpaw's quick speech. It was almost impossible to keep up - key word being almost. Almost impossible, but not quite.

He had found that to be a useful little word over the moons. It wasn't as vague as 'sometimes,' which Obsidiansky found didn't add much to a conversation. Where questions were concerned, at least... he had found that it would put more mystery into a cat who didn't really need any more mystery put into them. There had been times cats thought that he was mysterious, or off-putting, or kept to himself and didn't talk to anyone simply because of his appearance. Now that was judging for you. Although Obsidiansky couldn't blame them, they had a right to believe what they wanted to and sometimes he did look that way. Moody, almost. "I'd be glad to take you two out, if you would like." The tom turned to the other two she cats, who were still talking, and waited a moment until it seemed there was a pause in the conversation.

"You could come with us, if you wanted to," He added with a brief smile. It might have been his way of making up for being sarcastic and bothering her. See, the thing about the dark colored tom was that he had a need to be forgiven. Or at least, to feel as though no one was actually angry with him. And that glare Infernosky had shot him had given him just about the lowest feeling he had had in a while. Though he knew she hadn't meant it, at least he hoped not, and if she had it better have just been about his comments. Glancing back at Russel he cocked his head to the side a little as he listened to the tom's speech. It made him feel the slightest bit clumsy with his own words, as the big feline sounded so elegant.

Yes, elegant... as though he were speaking in front of other cats. And the worst thing was, Obsidiansky never would have expected it of him! Which either showed that he hadn't thought very much of Russel's class or he thought the tom was too humble and down-to-earth, or he was imagining something completely different of the feline altogether. Any way you put it couldn't be the best way. "Well..." Obsidiansky's voice trailed off and he glanced at the two cats talking. What was the best way to explain this situation to Russel? "You should probably ask Infernosky about that," He mewed with somewhat of a sheepish expression on his features.

(lol Russel coming out of the den and being like 'would you like a bird or a rabbit for breakfast?' in his butler voice xD)
@InfernoFlicker @AbsurdJinx[/FONT][/CENTER]
While Infernosky continued to make conversation with the cat that she had desired to see for so long---a feline that brought her back to the feeling of her old Windclan home---she shifted her glance over to her two friends and Obsidiansky, talking. Well, Infernosky took that thought captive for a moment. Three friends, she should say. Obsidiansky...had proven to her he could make a trustworthy friend. He was a listener, not a fighter, and...kind. At least it seemed that way. Infernosky hadn't known many cats like that in her lifetime, and well, it felt strange, but good. The quiet, non-aggressive demeanor is what had attracted Infernosky to Russelfur and Jitterpaw in the first place. These cats were different, and because of that, it was almost like...they didn't quite walk to the same beat as typical clan cats did. Typical clan cats seemed to...walk with pride in their step, and a fire, a fire that was different from these three, because the trio certainly had a fire of their own. It was somehow...different. And like a mother bear keeping a watchful eye on her cubs, she always kept them within her line of vision, checking on them every couple moments, wary of their safety, just as she always had out in the wilderness with the duo.

Jitterpaw giggled when Obsidiansky flashed her a wink and a flick of his tail. She loved sharing jokes between friends, it was like sharing a secret code. She and Russelfur had plenty of those, some of which Jitterpaw wasn't even sure Russelfur remembered most of the time, but at least he tried to play along sometimes. The giddy fae made a small leap of excitement when the coal-black tom agreed to an outing. "yES," The apprentice said in a way that one might say with a fist pump, if cats could fist pump. She loved everything about Obsidiansky; he was just a ray of sunshine in her mostly gloomy world. She looked at him with an expression that was almost dreamy, not in a love-interest type of way, but a way that a little sister might look admiringly at her bigger brother. "I can't wait to show you my hunting and fighting skills! Okay, I've never actually learned to fight, but I'm a natural, I swear."

To this, Russelfur rumbled with amusement. He exchanged glances with Obsidiansky, chuckling in his deep butler voice, and remained quiet. He usually never had any 'remarks' to give anyone as much as Jitterpaw and Infernosky did. He liked to play by the rule, slightly edited by himself, "If you don't have anything nice, or remotely provocative, to say, don't say anything at all." Caught slighty off-guard by Obsidiansky's sheepish expression and shy response to his voiced concerns, he placed his confusion to the back of his mind and turned to Infernosky, who, to his knowledge, was listening in on their conversation as much as her own.

The red tabby fae turned to the trio when her name was mentioned twice by Obsidiansky, and when she turned to them, they all seemed to be requesting her opinion. At first she wasn't sure to act like she had listened in on their conversation, or that she hadn't really been listening. Slightly pausing due to indecisiveness, she met their gaze a moment before replying bluntly, "Russelfur, you were permitted to catch up on sleep and restore your energy last night, so no need to worry, but from now on you will wake with the sunrise like the rest of the clan." To this, Russelfur simply dipped his head and offered a, "Yes ma'am."

Then, she turned, almost with a hawk-like expression (which tended to be her natural expression), to Obsidiansky. His invitation was sincere and, well, almost very apologetic? Which confused her for a moment, until she recalled his expression when she had glared at him for teasing her ever so subtly. Her reaction had really done a number on him, she realized. Heart softened a little, she allowed a very, very small, crooked smile cross her maw.

"Well, since the both of you are finally awake, let's not waste the rest of the sun's daylight talking like sparrows. Obsidiansky, if you aren't busy and wouldn't mind showing them the run of the territory, I would be greatful. I could use a refresher myself, including a refresher on some sparring techniques. You are welcome to take your apprentice with you as well. And Cloverpaw, you can come too, if your mentor allows it."

(Russel: *comes back with a squirrel on a silver platter, with a cherry in it's mouth* I present to you, "squirrel a' la' mode'" )
Old September 21st, 2017, 06:41 PM
Woo, charsite is up n.n

My Mood: Cold

A tiny kitten wandered on bumbling, unsteady legs through the heather, tripping and falling from time to time only to determinedly get back up again.

"Patches! Jet! Amber! Where are you?" She calls over the breeze, confusion and fear clouding her eyes that were as blue as the heather she was struggling through, her fluffed up fur, still nursery soft, hardly enough to keep her warm in the constant winds of the moor as she shivered.

She had no idea where her mother, sister and brother were, she woke up and they were just... gone. She flops down in the heather, panting and trembling in a mixture of exhaustion, fear, hunger and cold, curling up into a small ball of fluff to try to warm up. Where could they have gone? Surely a badger or fox couldn't have gotten them without waking her up or getting her, too! She whimpers softly, tucking her muzzle under a paw as she folds her ears down, hoping a fox or badger didn't get her while she was trying to find them.

@Fern

My internet seems to dislike the site ATM and am having to use my phone as a mobile hotspot, may be slow or offline from time to time.
Old September 21st, 2017, 06:46 PM

My Mood: Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post

@~Breadsticks~
Midgepaw slipped out of camp, their yellow eyes wide as they took in the territory. It wasn't like they'd never seen it before, but it took their breath away every time, the rough breeze buffeting their pelt, the straightened and looked around for a certain cat in particular, that cat being Ebonyflicker. They were glad he was there mentor, and not someone else. After a moment, they locked eyes on the warrior and padded over, head low and tail almost dragging in the course tussocks of moor grass, which prickled at their paw pads, but Midgepaw actually liked the sensation to some extent, and although they sometimes missed the soft leafs and springy pine needles of their old home, they didn't miss the trees at all. Everything here felt so much safer, and yet more open at the same time, since there was rarely a time when you couldn't see the sky in WindClan. “H-hey, Ebonyflicker,” Midgepaw greeted, purring faintly. They were quite a bit more comfortable around the tom than when they'd first met him.
The warrior looked quite happy as he made his way up to the camp. He'd been at the border speaking with his old mentor and after had talked to some old friends of his. He went over the conversations in his head and was grinning. The tom was also thinking of his mate, who he'd just been hunting with. The apprentice's greeting pulled him out of his thoughts and he frowned before recognizing the young cat and setting the rabbit down, "Oh hi Midgepaw! How are you?" Ebonyflicker asked them, a smile on his face. Singe's words flicked through his mind and he tried to push them away but they kept coming back to him. The golden patchy tom grumbled to himself about Singe's words shook his head angrily, forcing the words out of his mind. How dare he say something like that? Does he know who I am? Yeah, probably... Ebony brought his attention back to the cat in front of him and regained his smile, his head high. He hoped he hadn't missed the apprentice's response and grew slightly worried that he may have.
Old September 21st, 2017, 08:30 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:

Burningcall stretched his limbs out, allowing his claw to dig deep in the earth's bedding before he pulled them back in, and gave his chest fur a couple of licks. He could had been helping out with the clan. Though he wasn't assigned to any patrols currently, and no mentors came to him about helping with apprentice training. That's exactly what he thought he needed. An apprentice...that would keep him busy because training was something he liked to do. Anything to keep busy instead of being sedentary. Though his eyes had flicked across the clearing when he seen the familiar pelt of his mate. She strut about like a majestic queen. Burningcall haven't even noticed that he was staring at her for a moment until he blinked his eyes. Then, narrowed them. Something always had been up about her, but he could never pinpoint it right. She had been rather...distant lately. Burningcall twitched his nose. He didn't know whether he liked that or not. The main reason was that he didn't know that he was the problem. Their family had a lot of drama...caused by him. Burningcall knew he was doing the right thing. He wasn't a bad tom for voicing the facts. The truth that needed to be heard. So, why others couldn't understand that?

Now, she was walking over to him. Burningcall flicked his ears, wondering what was up. The fiery pelted tom acknowledged her existence by giving her a nod. Normally, he would had been affectionate with his mate. As she was the only one he rather be intimate with. She sat across from him, but she didn't say anything at first. Burningcall gave her a questioning glance. Was that even a small amusement of a smirk placing on his face? Though the elder warrior knew how to hid it well, so it appeared as a frown. She greeted him. If she wanted small talk - he refused to give it. Her hostile tone quickly said as much. The tom stared at her, now confused. Why would she greet him in that way? Clearly, she wasn't happy about something. About anything. Which didn't surprise Burningcall. Which he didn't care as well. She was like the rest of them. Setting themselves aside because Burningcall refused to suck up to them and be like: Everything will be okay. He wasn't the greatest father - and, he took responsibility for that. But, he was an honest father. He was setting his kits up for the world. The harsh. The cruelty. No, they weren't kits anymore. But, still. ''You don't sound too happy.'' He spoke. His voice abnormally deep as it always had been. He had a problem with speaking low because of the tone of his voice. He couldn't whisper to save his life. Burningcall liked to cut to the chase. What was her problem - why was she hostile - what can he do to fix it? It was rare when it came to fixing problems with him because his bluntness should fix everything. And, whatever she was mad about, Burningcall was pretty sure he would hear a complete rant about it. So, the tom folded his paws neatly in front of him, and allowed his tail to slither on the ground below him.

[It's cool! ^^]

Just as he spoke Applewhisker had noticed she hadn't planned on anything to say. He always seemed to have that effect, to take all your pride right from your mouth. to cover up she licked at her paw graceful for a moment or two even though she had groomed herself earlier that morning wasting her time figuring out what to say was worth it. "Just concerned you know, asphodel and August haven't talked to me in a while" she blurted out quickly. Covering up with her sons would make conversation. Bringing that up means he'll comment. Than I can accuse him of being to harsh. looking smug she than curled her paws over each other and looked him in the eye, she looked almost expectant of a harsh answer from burningcall. Perhaps it's devious buts its not like he hasn't done the same, in a diffrent way maybe. the feline lowered her head and settled her chin between each paw. Yet, I find myself pitying him. If this plan works well I'll be yelling at him for starclan knows how long. My kids are my kids and nobody not even their father can boss them around like he does. she settled back onto her side and licked her shoulder fur a few times, flattening it down to look more reasonable. Soon enough she would have licked very morsal of fur off her body from over grooming, it was almost a time filler that cost her lots of fur. I'm going to have to stop soon or I'll be a naked cat in the snow. she shivered at the thought of having less fur in the cold months, and in windclan too.

She looked back up from grooming her shoulder and giving a curt smile. "But I suppose I could just be worrying over nothing right?" she added with a tip of her head and her ear tipped to the side. Just than she let out a horrendous cough that shook her small and weakened frame. For s moment her eyes seemed to bulge out of her skull before she jerked her head away and coughed a few times. Her breath grew more raspy and she couldn't find the courage to turn around. Than she raised a law still looking away nd wiped her nose onyl to put it back down and see the trickle of Crimson on her forepaw. She quickly tucked it beneath her chest and tunred to face him after licking at her nose a few times.there were tears brimming in her eyes before looking back at burningcall. The sickness was ebbing back but more severe each time. She had mentioned it a few seasons back but it was unlikely he had been listening, he always seemed to busy for the casual things she would say. Training with apprentices, hunting and patrolling whenever she was in camp. There was no doubt she loved him but the communication bridge had been lost between them. Once she was sure the nosebleed was gone she licked her paw a few times before turning back to face him. Blinking away the tears and sitting back like she was completely fine.

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Closed Thread