Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Starcave

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
How does WCO see you?
Last post by Morrigan
Today 04:00 AM
Secrets of Past Generations
Last post by Rustleaf
Today 01:44 AM
The House of Horrors...
by Dust
Last post by Dust
Today 01:31 AM
Converting your YouTube...
by nyx
Last post by Seamrog
Today 01:12 AM
Cutest Warrior Name?
by blxze.
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 01:03 AM

Old January 26th, 2020, 11:23 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

Default Re: The Starcave

Bearpaw had been venting the whole journey, telling Peachpaw all about how nobody cared about what he wanted, and how everybody hated him, and absolutely nothing was going right in his life. It actually surprised him how good of a listener Peachpaw was! He didn't think Icestar's apprentice would be so quiet. Eventually, Bearpaw was feeling much better, but his tone was still low with sadness. "Thanks for letting me get all this off my chest. I've just felt a little...overwhelmed, you know? And it feels like nobody even cares..."

great stars! he told the tom to make himself comfortable around him, but he was not expecting a rant about every negative event that happened in his life! peachpaw tried his best to nod along and keep quiet throughout the whole...whatever bearpaw was talking about, but as time went on, he wished the starcave was closer. "hmm...i'm sorry all this happened to you, bearpaw." he mewed hesitantly, trying to find the right words. "but it really seems like you need to focus on something else. like...what do you do for fun?"

"For...fun?" Bearpaw nearly stopped in his tracks, scrunching his nose. Was this cat serious? "Huh. I don't know. I was tossed into this whole medicine cat thing and I haven't really had time to do anything else." His pelt grew hot at that answer, but he didn't know why. He shook his head to dismiss this ridiculous turn of topics! "I don't have time for fun! I have to get to the StarCave and become an official medicine cat. Maybe if I do that, I'll be given some sort of blessing that gives me the power to fix this whole mess I'm in. Or however this damn job works."

hm. not the answer he was expecting. has this cat ever experienced a relaxing time? "oh come on, every cat does something for fun!" peachpaw purred, beginning to swing his tail and hips in a good groove as he walked. "for instance, i like to ride the rhythm of life. i do whatever feels good, you know? not a care in the world. negativity is too heavy and restricting – how could i thrive if i had all this stress you speak of?" the small ginger cat began to work himself into a graceful jig, twirling delightful circles around the huge depressive bearcat. oh yeah, this is just what he needed! "join me, bearpaw! join me in my poetic groove with life! be happy!"

Bearpaw stiffened as he watched Peachpaw begin to move in a strange way, eyes widening at how ridiculous he looked...but he had to admit, it was kind of funny. Releasing a nervous chuckle, the tom shook his head once more and waved a paw. "N-no, I can't move like that! It's weird!" He wanted Peachpaw to stop, but he just looked so...riddiculous! He couldn't help but laugh at the tom, admiring his upbeat attitude. "Wow, I wish I could be that careless."

peachpaw kept twirling and prancing all around bearpaw, humming a good tune set the mood. "you don't have to dance, chucklehead, just be happy! be thankful you're alive! look up at the stars and admire the beauty this moment has to offer you!" before he knew it, he'd danced his way to the entrance of the starcave, finishing his performance with a grand pirouette. breathing heavy, peachpaw faced bearpaw and bowed. "and vualá! you have made it to the eye of starclan."

Bearpaw was astonished. This might have been the weirdest cat he'd met so far, but something about the way Peachpaw spoke was...inspiring. Albeit, confusing, but it had a good message. Somewhat convinced, Bearpaw looked up at the night sky and...he swore, right then and there, all the tension released from his body. He let out a long sigh, admiring the sea of stars overhead. Before he could even react to all that's been happening, the StarCave had seemed to appear out of nowhere. Coming to a sudden halt, Bearpaw glanced awkwardly between the sky, Peachpaw, and the StarCave. "Huh. This journey seemed a little short...did I really talk the entire time?" He chuckled, easing into a smile. "Thanks for guiding me here...and for the tips. I don't know to just be happy, but maybe StarClan can help me with that." Sighing, Bearpaw gave his own little bow to his new friend and worked up the courage to enter the StarCave. "Well. Here goes nothing..."

once bearpaw went inside the eye of starclan, peachpaw took a seat outside and began vigil. he wished the bearcat would know that starclan doesn't grant him happiness...it comes from the mind. the only thing that could solve bearpaw's problems was the bearcat himself. as the night grew darker and cloudier, and the snow fell faster, peachpaw got sick of waiting and went in to the cave to check on bearpaw. the large medicine cat was fast asleep by the sparkling stone, his occasional snores echoing throughout the cave. yawning, the ginger feline curled up beside bearpaw, cuddling into the bearcat's thick pelt. warmth finally came back to him, and he finally drifted off into a deep slumber.

-----

When morning came, Bearpaw woke with a long stretch. He felt like he slept a thousand moons, but his body was aching from the hard stone floor. There was nothing he could recall from his...dream? Vision? All he could remember was seeing a large vicious creature with teeth snapping at him. The more he thought about it, it felt more like a nightmare than anything. It was...disappointing, honestly. Grumbling awake, Bearpaw suddenly realized the cuddled figure beside him. Startled, he stood and gasped...but it was only Peachpaw. "Oh." He sighed in relief, then gently nudged his clanmate awake. "Hey, wake up. We gotta go now."

peachpaw's maw gapped into a very large, slow, yawn. he stretched out one limb at a time, making sure to properly stretch himself awake before standing. "mmmmmmmm...gimmie a sec..." he murmured, giving his spine one last good stretch until a few satisfying 'pops' could be heard. satisfied, peachpaw straightened himself and nodded. "alright, i'm ready now. so how'd the big happy-talk with starclan go?"

Sighing, Bearpaw shook his head and signaled Peachpaw to follow him out of the cave. "It didn't feel like a talk...I don't even know what I saw, to be honest." His brain still felt fuzzy with sleep, and the morning light reflected off the snow nearly blinded him when he stepped out of the starcave. "Agh...maybe this was a stupid idea. Now even StarClan hates me..." Unmotivated to continue, Bearpaw sat in the snow and stared sorrowfully at his paws. He was such a failure. Maybe he should just go back to RiverClan and be a stupid warrior like everyone else...

peachpaw was disappointed in bearpaw. taking a seat beside him, he rested his tail on the bearcat's back for comfort. "you know what? who cares what starclan thinks? who cares what anyone thinks? life is too short to worry about what others think of you." peachpaw stood and began scooping a pile of snow into a neat little ball, smiling as he did so. "think of your worries like this little ball of snow. right now it is light and easy to move around. manageable, right? but if you let it get bigger and bigger..." peachpaw kept adding snow to the ball, rolling it until it was as big as the bearcat, "it becomes heavy and hard to move...and if you're not careful–" he shoved the large snowball downhill and it went barreling, growing bigger and bigger until it crashed into a tree, sending snow flying everywhere. looking back at bearpaw, he shook his head. "you fall and crumble. and we don't want that, now do we? dont stress anymore. just have fun in life!" and with that, peachpaw scooped up another tiny snowball and flung it at bearpaw!

Bearpaw gasped when the snowball hit him, shaking it off with a shiver. "Hey! I can't just let all this stress go, I have a job to d-" Another snowball hit him. "Okay...that's it!" He scooped up his own snowball and flung it at Peachpaw, but missed! He scooped up a few more and flung them...but they all missed as well! Dang, this cat was so light on his feet. Smirking, Bearpaw kicked the snow instead, sending a huge wave of white toward the tiny Peachpaw! "HAHA! TAKE THAT!"

haha! he finally got him to lighten up! gracefully dodging every snowball flung at him, peachpaw purred and puffed his chest with pride. "haha! you shall never defeat the great and dashing peachpa-" and then a wave of snow buried him. well played, bear boy...well played. crawling out of the snow, peachpaw shook his fur and laughed. "not bad, old sport! see? all you had to do was lighten u–"

Before he could even blink, Bearpaw witnessed a large pair of jaws clamp down on peachpaw's body, staining the snow bright red as he was shaken violently. It was a dog – a huge one with no twoleg collar, shaking the life from Peachpaw like some chewtoy. His eyes widened in panic and the smile was instantly wiped from his face. Oh god. Oh god, oh god, OH GOD. Backing up from the scene, Bearpaw's only instinct was to just run.

So like the wind, Bearpaw booked it back to ShadowClan, going faster than he'd ever gone before, leaving Peachpaw to his horrific demise.
Old March 1st, 2020, 10:40 AM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

The silence wasn’t all that appreciated- in fact he rather hated to be left with his own thoughts for the rest of the walk. Plagued with ideas of being rejected.. those stupid star cats not actually being real.. what if Mistyfern sees them and I don’t? He felt his stance tighten and his legs grow stiff and sore from the idea.. what if he wasn’t actually supposed to be a medicine cat? He briskly shook the idea and tried to distract himself with something else.. but there was little to think of.

It was a long walk but before long they stood facing the large looming cave, its rocky exterior beaten and hardened by the harsh weather conditions it had seen in life. He felt those anxious prickles up his spine and a feeling of dread heavier than stones settle in his belly. He paused feeling that hesitance stick his paws to the ground like glue, the numb tingle of fear urging him to go no closer. It was just a cave wasn’t it? But.. maybe that cave held secrets he didn’t want to hear. Anxiously he swayed from paw to paw urging himself not to look like an idiot in front of Mistyfern. You’ve committed to being a medicine cat.. now go in there and do your job His mind hissed that sting of regret being tasted on his tongue. As Mistyfern gestured him forward he could feel the stiffness start to ache.. but before long he felt a pull grabbing him toward the dark mouth of the cave. There was no turning back now.

@Xeno
(( oh no worries!! I’m not stressed at all (: ))

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old March 1st, 2020, 08:00 PM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Duskfeather had never been here before, and yet, she felt she knew the way to go. Of course, she had Flintstar beside her, and he had gone here to have his own lives given, but she didn't want to disturb the silence that surrounded them. StarClan would lead her on this journey, letting her pawsteps fall into the right path as she made her way across the land.
Once they came across the Starcave, the Torbie couldn't help but to stare in awe. It was almost childish, but she had the honor to travel here when only few Clan cats did so. Duskfeather cast a glance toward Flintstar, giving him a nod before she stepped into the cave. A chilly breeze swept over her and yet she did not feel it, too focused on what lay ahead. The moon was almost high in the sky. It was nearly time. Her tail swished back and forth and she sighed. It was so peaceful here. As soon as she stepped far enough, she gasped, seeing the moon light up the cave with dazzling colors. It was wonderful.
Duskfeather looked toward Flintstar once more before settling down, closing her eyes and allowing herself to be drawn into StarClan.
Once her eyes opened, she looked around, examining the land. Stars glittered around her. Duskfeather watched to see if Flintstar would join her shortly, ears pinned back against her head. He needed to have his lives revoked if he were to remain the deputy of ThunderClan. Would thay be painful? She didn't know.
Would receiving lives be painful? Again, she didn't know. So she simply waited for everything to begin.

[ @RedHead ]
[ Mention BILL. in your post so he can revoke Flint's lives! ]

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old March 1st, 2020, 08:13 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Flintstar took a deep breath before stepping into the mooncave behind Duskfeather, swallowing down the worries in his throat. He was a little scared about going through with this. He sure hoped that Starclan didn't think he'd done anything terrible to cause his lives to be taken away. He was willingly giving them up for the good of Thunderclan. Am I gonna get my original life back? The one I had before I was given my leader lives? Flintstar had never heard any accounts of this happening, and there was a small... odd thrill of excitement to know that he would soon know. But he was still scared. But not doubtful of his decision. This was the one he had made, and he knew it was right. Because otherwise, he never would've come here with Duskfeather. When I leave here, I will be Flintspirit once again.
As the stone lit up with a brilliant light, and Duskfeather lay down, Flintstar took a moment to steel his nerves. This was it. Starclan, please accept Duskfeather as Thunderclan's new leader. Then he lay down and pressed his nose to the stone.

He awoke a few moments later within Starclan, the starry landscape somewhat familiar to him. He'd been here a couple times before. He glanced around to see Duskfeather, but continued looking, hoping to see a sign of his dad. Maybe the same cats who'd given him his lives would come to take them away. Taking another deep breath, Flintstar stepped forward, head raised high as he looked across the landscape. "We have come for the change in Thunderclan's leadership." He meowed, announcing them. He assumed Starclan already knew about this, but he would notify them of their presence anyways.

@BILL. @hxneysuckle

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old March 1st, 2020, 08:47 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

"I know why you're here, Flintstar."

Burningstar's voice was a low rumble as he appeared, amused gaze on the ThunderClan leader and deputy. This was becoming less and less of a rarity, but it was something that brought joy to the fallen leader. "I admire your courage in accepting Duskfeather's demands.. I know it was not an easy decision, and you both will have to prove yourself to ThunderClan once again. But if you keep your head high and your mind clear, you will do well in your new positions."

Burningstar closed the distance between them, touching his nose against the top of Flintstar's head. ""You have come here to give your remaining leader lives to StarClan, to officially step down from the leadership of ThunderClan and pass the guardianship of your Clan over to Duskfeather."

"By the power of StarClan, I revoke the lives granted to you during your leadership ceremony. From this day forth your life as a leader is no more-- the only life you have remaining is the natural life of a warrior.

"By accepting your weaknesses as a leader and peacefully stepping down, you have proven your stout-heartedness and dedication to the safety of ThunderClan. I appreciate your use of caution, the act of thinking before your impulses ruled your heart. With the authority of StarClan I grant you your new name. Flintstar, until the day you reclaim the position of leader or resign, you will be known as Flintspirit. The fire may have burned our territory, but it has not diminished the hope we all hold for ThunderClan's future. Your energy and enthusiasm will be essential to keeping ThunderClan alive in the times to come."
Burningstar stepped back, looking at the two cats for a small moment.

"To follow the custom of a leader relinquishing their lives, Flintspirit: you will be giving Duskfeather her final life. This is the gift you are given, for recognizing your shortcomings and doing what you believe is best for the Clan. Use this life wisely. You will have some time to think about what you would like Duskfeather to have before you go."

Burningstar would let this sink in for a moment, but he didn't budge from where he stood to join the edge of the forming circle of seven cats. "Flintspirit, when you are ready, stand by the last spirit to form. Duskfeather, step forward when you are prepared to begin. Your first life is mine to give."

[ @RedHead, @hxneysuckle ]
Old March 1st, 2020, 09:05 PM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.

[ @RedHead @BILL. ]

The Torbie watched silently as Flintstar's lives were revoked, renaming him to Flintspirit and giving him the position of deputy. She was glad that he had the courage to step down, to allow her to take place as leader. It was for the good of the Clan even if the others did not see it. They would both need to prove themselves, yes, but they would do so in their own time. ThunderClan would just need to be willing to forgive them.
Once it was time, Duskfeather stepped forward, dipping her head in greeting to the star-pelted cat. She flicked her tail, anticipation coursing through her. She was ready for this.

"Let's do this."

--

[ @FlameQueen @Starfall @Fae @pathos @Ever @implimm @Arie ]
1. BILL. - caution
2. implimm - intuition
3. FlameQueen - compassion
4. Fae - sensitivity
5. Starfall - resilience
6. pathos - serenity
7. Arie - appreciation
8. Ever - patience
9. Redhead - truthfulness

Below are some requested guidelines for those giving lives to follow:
- Please do not have any Dark Forest cats give lives- Duskfeather is not evil and will have no relation to the DF.
- Do not wait for me to reply between lives, I will do one big post at the end!
- Give Dusk traits she doesn't already have! Here is her page for reference.
- Try to be unique and give non-cliché lives! I want this to be interesting.

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥

Last edited by lio; March 2nd, 2020 at 02:34 PM.
Old March 1st, 2020, 09:22 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

"I wish I had a cat as strong and determined as you when I was leader." It was upfront, an edge of sadness to Burningstar's words as he watched the torbie she-cat. "My burden was picking up the pieces Eternalstar left, and unfortunately I hadn't many Clan-mates I could rely on to help me."

But that was the past, and Burningstar was focused on the future. "You inhibit many powerful traits as it stands, Duskfeather-- so I will not waste your time with ones you bear."

Burningstar leaned over to press his nose against the top of Duskfeather's head. "With this life, I give you caution. This was the life I granted to Flintspirit during his leadership ceremony.. but your impulsiveness yesterday has made me think you may need this more.

"I understand your reasoning for asking Flintspirit to resign, and I support your decision. But all acts of passion come with a price, and I wish for you to think before you act hastily. Consider the consequences of what may happen, and do your best to act in the best interest of ThunderClan."

Burningstar took a step back, withdrawing his touch. "And, a tip for you both for when the time comes: in ShadowClan, you will find a cat named Thunderhowl and a familiar face. They can be of assistance for when you need medicine cat training.

"Good luck, Duskfeather. The path you have woven will be long but with StarClan's blessing, I foresee you will do well."

Burningstar smiled at her before he joined the ranks of the spirits.

[ @hxneysuckle, NEXT LIFE IS OPEN. ]
Old March 1st, 2020, 09:55 PM
i am kenough

Out of the ranks of StarClan pads a shimmering black and white she-cat, eyes still as bright and citrine as they were in life. With her, she carried a little kit. It couldn't have been more than a week old by the look of it, little ears still folded and eyes still fixed shut. The lithe female approaches Duskfeather confidently and as she steps up to the deputy claiming leadership, she places the kit which she held down and nods to the other she-cat. "Greetings," she murmurs.

"I'm positive you don't know me, a WindClan queen who passed after birthing. But it's always an exciting moment, a cat stepping up to the threshold to claim what they believe is theirs. And I've come to bestow a life upon you." She offers Duskfeather a small smile, then looks down at the kit at her paws.

"In our lives, from when we are born to the instant we pass on, we have a feeling inside ourselves. A voice in our hearts, a twinge in our gut when particular things happen or moments come. Sometimes, everybody around you will be telling you different things. They'll pull you in all different directions, question your choices, demand you do things you're unsure of. I've seen you now and again, Duskfeather. You do what needs to be done, and you're mighty good at that." The StarClan queen chuckles.

"But the life I give you today is intuition, my love. That feeling in the pit of your stomach, the singing tune your heart sometimes whispers to you. Sometimes, nothing else in the whole world will matter except for that feeling. Whether it's something you're being urged against, someone you're faced with in the future, or a matter of life or death.." Trailing off, she looks down at the kit wobbling on its front legs by her paws. There was no regret to be tasted in the air around this molly, yet a tangible sadness sweeps over her for a heartbeat.

"Use this life to guide you in moments where you just feel something so moving and you're unsure of whether or not to act on that feeling. Always act on that feeling, Duskfeather. That voice inside is never going to fail you, regardless of the effect it has on the world around you." Her voice was strong, and her gaze unwavering as she stared at the ThunderClan deputy before leaning forward to touch noses with her. As she does so, Duskfeather is shown a very brief image of what must have been this WindClan queen in life, just before becoming a mother. A sad occasion, heavy with the grief of a decision that had to be made, and the sureness the she-cat had in her heart of it, in spite of the consequences it brought.

As she parts ways with Duskfeather, the she-cat smiles again before stooping to pick her kit up and turn back, rejoining the gathered cats who still had yet to bestow their own precious gifts.

@hxneysuckle @FlameQueen

Last edited by plum; March 1st, 2020 at 09:56 PM.
Old March 1st, 2020, 09:56 PM
Murder Daddy

Bump Policy: Once every 2 days

Blazestorm stepped toward Duskfeather and touched his nose to her head "With this life I give you compassion. Use it well to try to understand your clan-mates' pain and connect with your clan." The tom purred his fiery orange pelt blazing with his blue eyes sparkling. "Tell my daughter I miss her will ya?" He mewed before stepping back to join the ranks of StarClan,the tom shared a vision..It showed scarlet stained grass and three cats two warriors and one apprentice. The only warrior fighting to live was him "I love you my kit." He spoke then death, the apprentice wailed and it Flamepelt wailing. A deep rage and sadness coursed through the vision, then he turned joined the others.
{ @hxneysuckle}

Come Dance as the City Burns

Last edited by Terrestrial; March 1st, 2020 at 10:14 PM.
Old March 1st, 2020, 11:26 PM
Nightmare Fuel

Bump Policy: ▸ Constantly

Out of the starry haze stepped a small silver kitten, Snailkit. He took deep breaths as he approached her, hoping he'd get through this without making a fool of himself.

Once he was at Duskfeather's paws, he looked up and smiled nervously. "H-Hi! I'm Snailkit...maybe you remember me from the moss games?" His stomach tightened as he said that. No, he shouldn't mention his death! It might make her uncomfortable! "Um..." He swallowed hard, trying to think of a smooth recovery.

But when he couldn't think of anything to say, Snailkit decided to just move on to the reason why he was there. "I-I wanna give you the Life of s-Sensitivity..." he stood on his hind legs in order to touch noses with her, "Use it to be more aware of your actions and...and be able to feel what others feel....and feel more of what you're feeling."

As the Life rushed through Duskfeather, it sent waves of deep emotion: joy, sadness, love, pain, and anger. He allowed her a moment to take it in, then cautiously backed away. Giving a small smile over his shoulder, Snailkit waved his tail goodbye before padding back into the starry abyss.

@hxneysuckle @Starfall

Last edited by Doom; March 1st, 2020 at 11:42 PM.