Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Starcave

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 12:44 AM
Introducing Myself
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 12:07 AM
going back to our watery...
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Yesterday 11:57 PM
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by occultation
Yesterday 11:53 PM
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Yesterday 11:51 PM

Old February 8th, 2017, 08:21 PM
hoh! wow

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie View Post

Rockcrash took a deep breath. The dark gray tom was oddly nervous for the gift he was about to give. The Starclan cat could easily fight off any cat, but public speaking - especially something this important made him nervous. Despite his fears Rockcrash took a large step forward and opened his maw to speak. "Greetings Gyrewind, you have come a along way." His deep voice hesitated as he did his best to remember his life. "I am Rockcrash former warrior of Thunderclan. I died in a battle long ago." Rockcrash stepped closer, "I give you the life of strength. Use this to fight for your clan in the bloodiest of battles, and lead your clan through the toughest of times." The large tom gently set his nose upon Gyrewind hoping he had done his part right.
Gyrewind's attention flashed towards the advancing StarClan cat, its grey fur laced with stars. The tall cat straightened himself, holding his chest forward as the feline introduced himself and of course, the life. He felt a need to inspire a worthy figure in front of the Clans' ancestors, a worry as some of the warriors may scarcely accept his outlandish presence. When the warrior mentioned "you have come a log way," Gyrewind felt relief in his chest, admiration towards the humble feline, and a smile prying at his pursed lips.
When he stepped closer, Gyrewind's muscles tensed at once. He prepared himself for the unknown that this life may cost him. And as his nose pressed Rockcrash's, Gyrewind was stunned as much as he would be by pain. Emptiness, until a burst of sparks erupted in his very muscles, but snuffed out immediately. Following after that, two more of the same sensations in random order as if he were receiving blows from an invisible opponent. This time, Gyrewind could feel the cat's nose pull away from his. He opened his eyes and watched Rockcrash turn back, wondering over the fluttery feeling in his arms and legs, that almost felt like his muscles were trying to expand.

you're my dad!
boogie woogie woogie

*was inglewood binks !!*

characters || || (old da)
Old February 13th, 2017, 07:09 PM
chirps

@Inglewood Binks

Watching from the ranks of the starry furred ancestors was Ambermoon. The soft and quite feline had primarily just observed during her time in StarClan, never really feeling completely at home with the deceased cats since there was always the one distinction between her and them: Clan blood ran through their veins, and housecat through hers. However during her time on earth, Ambermoon and her late son, Acepaw, had been accepted into ThunderClan, and had both trained hard to become proud members of the strong group of cats. Although her time was rather short lived, she'd built a phenomenal relationship with both the deputy and former leader Ashstar; the one thing the dark ginger tabby was good at doing.

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, the feline dipped her head as Rockcrash return to his spot amongst them before rising to her paws and padding swiftly down to stand before Gyrewind. Her amber eyes glowed like the moon that floated above them, and stars danced in her bountiful tabby fur. "Gyrewind," she began, approval lining each word that left her lips. He was one of the few warriors who had left a strong first impression on her when first joining ThunderClan. His eagerness to serve his Clan, his level-headedness when making decision, his ability to see past borders and treat each cat equally. A smile crossed the she-cat's face as she straightened up, keeping her gaze locked on the new leaders. "With this life, I give you acceptance. May you use it to look past borders and flaws of those who wish to find a new home within ThunderClan, just as you did me and my son." The she-cat paused, searching the tom's eyes to see if he at all remembered her. She sincerely hoped he knew how grateful she was that Gyrewind had offered her and her son a safe haven in ThunderClan during their short time there. Without further hesitation, she reached up to press her nose against his forehead, letting the life flow through her and into Gyrewind.

Once the transfer was complete, the ginger tabby stepped back and smiled, dipping her head to the new leader of ThunderClan before turning around and disappearing amongst the ranks once more. She took her previous place and turned around, casting her starry gaze on the now empty clearing where Gyrewind stood. Patiently, she waited for the next face to appear, to give the tom another life.

Last edited by spade; February 13th, 2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old February 13th, 2017, 07:26 PM
chirps

@Inglewood Binks

Watching from the ranks of the starry furred ancestors was Ambermoon. The soft and quite feline had primarily just observed during her time in StarClan, never really feeling completely at home with the deceased cats since there was always the one distinction between her and them: Clan blood ran through their veins, and housecat through hers. However during her time on earth, Ambermoon and her late son, Acepaw, had been accepted into ThunderClan, and had both trained hard to become proud members of the strong group of cats. Although her time was rather short lived, she'd built a phenomenal relationship with both the deputy and former leader Ashstar; the one thing the dark ginger tabby was good at doing.

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, the feline dipped her head as Rockcrash return to his spot amongst them before rising to her paws and padding swiftly down to stand before Gyrewind. Her amber eyes glowed like the moon that floated above them, and stars danced in her bountiful tabby fur. "Gyrewind," she began, approval lining each word that left her lips. He was one of the few warriors who had left a strong first impression on her when first joining ThunderClan. His eagerness to serve his Clan, his level-headedness when making decision, his ability to see past borders and treat each cat equally. A smile crossed the she-cat's face as she straightened up, keeping her gaze locked on the new leaders. "With this life, I give you acceptance. May you use it to look past borders and flaws of those who wish to find a new home within ThunderClan, just as you did me and my son." The she-cat paused, searching the tom's eyes to see if he at all remembered her. She sincerely hoped he knew how grateful she was that Gyrewind had offered her and her son a safe haven in ThunderClan during their short time there. Without further hesitation, she reached up to press her nose against his forehead, letting the life flow through her and into Gyrewind.

Once the transfer was complete, the ginger tabby stepped back and smiled, dipping her head to the new leader of ThunderClan before turning around and disappearing amongst the ranks once more. She took her previous place and turned around, casting her starry gaze on the now empty clearing where Gyrewind stood. Patiently, she waited for the next face to appear, to give the tom another life.
Old February 16th, 2017, 02:27 PM
hoh! wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
@Inglewood Binks

His silvery gaze was drawn towards the approaching feline. What struck Gyrewind was the bountiful wash of warmth upon her amber eyes when they shone on him. Not mere warmth, but a short-lived, and meaningful life was in the depths.
Ambermoon.
No, Gyrewind was not to forget. She and Acepaw, newcomers stepping into ThunderClan moons ago like what he once was. Like the dawn, Ambermoon re-entered his eyes from a lost liaison.
When her familiar voice spoke, Gyrewind listened differently. Like they were good friends, rather then another cat's ancestor. His eyes were huge and images of his thoughts, and a smile quirked his lips when she spoke his next life. Gyrewind reached for her touch with trust.
Acceptance. It swelled in his heart, like flowers to bloom in the sun with an array of vibrant colours. The life reached past pain, and gave Gyrewind the feeling of what the forest does come spring. When the life among the trees emerged again, when the plants surfaced and the fauna ran through. It made him feel exactly like flowers. Flowers to remind him of his touch on Ambermoon's life when she came to ThunderClan, and now her touch on his.
He raised his head peacefully when Ambermoon drew away. Gyrewind could still feel the flowers in his heart, and he imagined himself with the petals on his fur. Who knew such a short-lived relationship could come back in such a manner.

you're my dad!
boogie woogie woogie

*was inglewood binks !!*

Old February 16th, 2017, 11:25 PM
it be like that sometimes

My Mood: Unpredictable

@Inglewood Binks

Crimsontiger watched Gyrewind with a blank face. This was the 4th life she would be giving, despite only having been in StarClan for a few moons. She couldn't quite agree and say that was such a good thing, but at least things would be restarted for the clans with youth. The black she-cat watched as gave Gyrewind a life of acceptance. The tips of her lips curled up, forming a smile of approval. A smart life to give, that was for sure. Crimsontiger respectively dipped her head to Ambermoon before stepping out from the ranks, ready to give a life.

"Greetings Gyrewind", Crimsontiger said, giving him a small but warm smile. "I am Crimsontiger. A former warrior of ShadowClan", the young warrior said. When she thought about it, it saddened her to know she had had her whole life ahead of her yet she'd died at such a young age. She tried her best not to think about it though. "With this life, I give you trust. Trust those you already have and use it to choose who else you trust carefully. Some will deserve your trust, while others won't. Be careful", Crimsontiger said before moving forward to press her nose to the tom's. She felt the life rushing through her, eagerly transferring to him. Crimsontiger may not have been in ThunderClan, but she did still hope that Gyrewind would help ThunderClan thrive through all it's problems. After a few moments, she dipped her head to Gyrewind before stepping back to hide herself amongst all the other starry pelts.

Enjoy the good times <3 because something terrible is probably about to happen

Last edited by Empress Of Evil; February 16th, 2017 at 11:26 PM.
Old February 17th, 2017, 09:47 PM
hoh! wow

@Empress Of Evil

Gyrewind looked at the ranks of StarClan and watched a frosty black feline come forth. He observed her actions, and how she kept a stoic mien but cracked through whatever warmth she may give him in a smile. He thought it was peculiar, a ShadowClan cat giving him a life. But he was one to talk.
The tall feline bent over to receive the life of trust. This time, and what nearly shocked him the most, his closed eyes erupted into sight of something he wasn't present to. A blinding white engulfed him, but in the distance of this nothing was ever so faint outlines of tall trees. Gyrewind nearly missed it, but a faint feline figure streaked out of the whiteness, with it, black smoke crawling from its path and all over his vision. Gyrewind felt alarmed as the blackness grew, and it brought a piercing hot wind to ruffle his fur and send him staggering, if only this wasn't just an vision. Upon the release of Crimsontiger's touch, everything vanished and Gyrewind found himself standing perfectly clear of a hazy, fake forest or blazing wind.
This made the tom's eyes a bit wider then casual. He watched her black, star-laced figure step back into the mist, but she left him wondering. He felt like he wasn't going to forget Crimsontiger's words of trust, and definitely not the fake but authentic-feeling vision.

you're my dad!
boogie woogie woogie

*was inglewood binks !!*

Last edited by zinfranny; February 17th, 2017 at 09:48 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 01:22 AM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

@Inglewood Binks

Wide yellow eyes graced the new leaders pelt at least several times before finally settling on him. Roaringthunder one of thunderclan's most loyal warriors, now walked with starclan. The grief stricken warrior following the death of his mate, had given the kit that had survived the birth to his trusted friend leopardspark before dyeing. Nobody could tell you why he was dead, not even he could recite his death before choking and refusing to go on. Though the one thing they did know of his death, was it wasn't suicidal. Which seemed odd because that seemed as if the only option to loveless toms awaiting his mate.

As his mind drifted off into distant memories I soft words were expressed before his head flciked back up, His grey pelt fading into a mist and being linned with stars he previously gazed at. Twinkling every second or so. As crimsontiger passed by him he expressed a small smile to the respected warrior before taking a stand. He noticed that he was the final warrior to give him this life, to send him back into the world to endure pain warriros and leaders alike suffered before him. He pursed his lips. He was not clan born. Like himself. A rebellious soul who was tamed by the enchanting clan life he sought. his eyebrows tightly knit together, finally Roaringthunder rose to his paws, carrying his bulky form with each graceful stride. He approached the Tom his chest puffed out and his eyes meeting his, locking into his. Unpacking the emotions that was expressed through his glassy optics.

He cleared his throat and stepped up to him. Standing only a mouse tail length away from him. "Gyrewind. I am Roaringthunder" he paused, gaze drifting to the toms paws then back ups to his eyes. A life of kindness. Of mercy. Of respect and love. he thought opening his jaws once again to continue, "with this pleasure bestowed over me I'm glad to give you this life of kindness. Though you may struggle to understand others learn to be kind, to accept what they are and know their limits" the massive Tom blinked once, then twice and then quickly fell back into a normal pattern. He bent fourth, offering up his nose to be touched. Though he thought this custom was strange and down right awkward for toms to do aside form apprenticeship ceremonies he felt like a bird with his need stuck out waiting to be bit.

He then shut his eyes dismissing clouding judgement that formed in his mind. A sudden spark was cater thriygh the touch, he felt the life drain from him as the static shock went down his body and leave him. Like he felt with treeheather. He gave the same amount of importance to gryewind and attempted to inflict the most meaning with it. This was his final life, make it count.

[ hush hush I know its and awful post but I'm exhausted and I wanted it done as soon as possible because that's what you wanted. So I just had problems with writing and the blockade of the creativity. I was deprived of creativity!! Anyways there you are. I'll be posting following yours for the goodbye and goodluck from roaringthunder ]

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Last edited by wren; March 2nd, 2017 at 01:23 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 01:24 AM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Binks View Post
@Empress Of Evil

Gyrewind looked at the ranks of StarClan and watched a frosty black feline come forth. He observed her actions, and how she kept a stoic mien but cracked through whatever warmth she may give him in a smile. He thought it was peculiar, a ShadowClan cat giving him a life. But he was one to talk.
The tall feline bent over to receive the life of trust. This time, and what nearly shocked him the most, his closed eyes erupted into sight of something he wasn't present to. A blinding white engulfed him, but in the distance of this nothing was ever so faint outlines of tall trees. Gyrewind nearly missed it, but a faint feline figure streaked out of the whiteness, with it, black smoke crawling from its path and all over his vision. Gyrewind felt alarmed as the blackness grew, and it brought a piercing hot wind to ruffle his fur and send him staggering, if only this wasn't just an vision. Upon the release of Crimsontiger's touch, everything vanished and Gyrewind found himself standing perfectly clear of a hazy, fake forest or blazing wind.
This made the tom's eyes a bit wider then casual. He watched her black, star-laced figure step back into the mist, but she left him wondering. He felt like he wasn't going to forget Crimsontiger's words of trust, and definitely not the fake but authentic-feeling vision.
Cause quoting you just isn't working out for me today
XD why does technology hate me so darn much. It outs to get me!! ]

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old March 17th, 2017, 06:32 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

@Lilly

Geckoleaf slowly made her way into the Starcave, feeling many conflicting emotions wash over her like waves, each one raw and stinging. Fragments of memories seemed to dance in the air before her- she could see herself, first entering, to become an apprentice. Marshsnow, standing by the Moonstone, beckoning her over. Arcticpaw, eyes gleaming with a youthful light as he was named. And finally Cricketpaw, her patterned brown fur becoming a washed-out tan from the stark lighting that filled the cave. She closed her eyes and paused, for just a moment, wondering what everything would be like if she had never come, never become a medicine cat- if she had stayed on the path of a warrior, strong and fierce. The musty air filled her nose, but was surprisingly calming; it was familiar, and nigh on refreshing, knowing that this was a place where her ancestors stood, and now her. Her blue eyes were slowly revealed as she opened them; the fiery molly felt more grounded but was still floating over the water of feeling that threatened to drown her.

She lazily shifted her gaze to Cricketpaw, her new apprentice, who was about to become a medicine cat. She smiled bitterly; it was a hard path, but one well worth living, no matter what happened. Turning towards the bengal, she flicked her tail, giving herself one more moment to recite the speech she had so carefully crafted, to allow Cricketpaw one last chance to turn back, but to simultaneously tell her how rewarding it was to serve your clan as a medicine cat.

"Cricketpaw.. I want you to know that this is not an easy life. We are persecuted, even unintentionally, for being lesser, or weak. We are servants of the clan, always putting others before ourselves. And, we can't have a mate or kits- ever. I know that being a mother can be so rewarding, but this path is not for those who want to be a queen. But, it is also incredibly fulfilling. You learn things no warrior could dream of- the art of healing, from the herbs to the illnesses, and how to fix every one of them. We learn the mysteries of StarClan, and of our ancestors- we learn of what they want, and how the clans can do it. Warriors respect you, even though they may act otherwise. And you form a very special bond with your mentor; I remember Marshsnow. She was like a mother to me, and we were very close. So please, consider this, and make the choice that is right for you. I think you are incredibly well suited for this role, but if you want to turn back now, you still can."

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old March 17th, 2017, 07:14 PM
chirps

@Clover

Following her new mentor's pawstes as she seemed to easily make her way into the dimly lit cavern that stretched before her, Cricketpaw's mouth began agape by just a hair. The darkness and shadows that surrounded her sent shivers down her fur, but apart of her also welcomed it, as if it was somehow a home she'd never known about. Her bright blue eyes, vibrant with curiosity and wonder, floated around, begging to take in every detail of the landscape her paws now graced. She could feel the smooth surface beneath her, worn down by countless pawpads that had walked this very path before her. Was this where her father had come to receive his lives? Somehow, that ignited a tiny fire within her, and exasperated a warm feeling deep in her chest. She had been so excited to reunite with him, and now she was walking the same path he had, albeit hers for a much different reason.

The still young RiverClan she-cat let her gaze rest on Geckoleaf as she stopped, letting her own paws come to a halt beside her new mentor. Her heart thumped rapidly in her chest, like a fish trying to swim upstream, battling the current every inch of the way. There was no breeze this deep in the cavern, and ahead of them a light glowing from the sacred Moonstone. It nearly took her breath away when she had first witnessed it stepping in behind the RiverClan medicine cat. Now, a warm rush of pride filled each crevice of her body; she had been selected as Geckoleaf's apprentice. Though she hadn't gotten to know the medicine cat too well, since she was just barely three moons old when she was taken from the Clan, something about her seemed familiar. Maybe it was because Cricketpaw was unsure if her own mother was still alive. Perhaps it stemmed from the one longing desire to have a deep and meaningful connection in her life - not just another 'acquaintance'. Whatever it was, a smile graced her youthful maw as she looked up at her mentor, eyes shimmering with hope and excitement, more sure than they had ever been.

"I feel as though I am the least qualified cat for this," Cricketpaw stated honestly, heat rushing to her ears before she continued. "But, I also feel like somehow, this is what kept drawing me back to RiverClan, even while I was away. I am eager to learn the ways of a medicine cat, and to follow in your pawsteps, Geckoleaf." A calm, content tone shaped those words, leaving Cricketpaw's mouth in a voice just barely above a murmur. Every inch of her pelt tingled as if she had been struck by lightning, and it took every fiber in her body to remain still. Ever since she had left behind her mother and siblings and made the tremendous journey back to her home, Cricketpaw had never been one hundred percent sure of any decision she had made. What if her siblings were now all dead? What if her mother was no longer the feline she had looked up to all those moons ago? Yes, there were many choices the Bengal had made in her short life that she wasn't all too certain of - but accepting her role as RiverClan's next medicine cat? A smile spread across her face once more as she realized that this is why StarClan had called her home.