Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan > ThunderClan Events

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
‘Through the Willow Trees’...
Last post by Myling
Today 04:35 PM
Sunlit Fishing [p]
by Mica
Last post by Mica
Today 04:32 PM
[Plot Finder] Come, Childs...
by Bean
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 04:30 PM
ThunderClan Stormcrest
by dino.
Last post by SpiritedWarrior
Today 04:27 PM
May Gathering
by dino.
Last post by Omari
Today 04:26 PM

Old March 1st, 2024, 02:09 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: ThunderClan Raid Healing

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps[all perm. active; sts for battle training]

From one cat being sent out to gather essential herbs for another patient within the den, it had only seemed that the medicine den was only growing more with injured felines who were partaking in the battle itself. Thankfully, for her sending out a few cats to collect more herbs for her, the storage had replenished itself a little bit to the point that it would be suitable for trying to aid in a good portion of her wounded clan-mates who were critically injured during the whole procedure of the raid taking place. As much as Springpaw wanted to be angry, she couldn’t find herself becoming angry for the fact that the attack had happened in the first place. RiverClan had it coming for them, and it wasn’t like Springpaw could easily change Bumblestar’s mind even if she could. To be fair, her initial suspicions towards how quiet RiverClan has been since the whole charade of them leaving poison in ThunderClan territory gave her every rightful reason to land an attack on the clan itself. A small part of her felt herself sympathizing with the defeated clan, but the other side of her felt against it, causing both halves to grind without remorse. Even with the consistent grinding of both halves, she could at least still configure with focusing herself on treating her clan-mates more than ever with the aftermath of the raid still withstanding upon her shoulders. Her thoughts on the matter were quick to be disturbed, as the pastel calico was quick to be abrupt to hear someone waltzing into the medicine den, making her quiet time disturbed as she noted the fact that it was Skunkstrike, making her eyes narrow as she focused on the bi-colored feline.

The acrid stench of blood was rolling off her, and it wasn’t long for Springpaw to jump to her paws so she could go investigate just how dire the wounds were that the molly portrayed. It wasn’t hard to say that Skunkstrike was a mess, but saying that she wasn’t was absolutely underselling. However, she didn’t want to be crude and say it out in the open like it was some open statement, which could easily tear into the molly’s self-mage. Her face was gnarled with scarring, both fresh and new blood prominent off the old scars that seemingly reopened themselves among her face. It wasn’t hard for Springpaw to easily note how Skunkstrike kept keeping one of her eyes tightly sealed, the calico noting the blood trickling out beneath the eyelid whenever she had a chance to properly inspect it. Thankfully for Skunkstripe’s case, Springpaw withheld the proper essentials that would help her in her current predicament. “I… have… the right… essentials to… help you… out there… with that… nasty wound… on your face… sit tight… and I’ll… take care… of it.” The calico retorted in a chipper tone as she approached the bi-colored feline, directing towards a spare moss-bed for Skunkstripe to wait along so that Springpaw could work on the wounds themselves. From Springpaw taking a proper inspection the gashes that were prominent along her body weren’t as grave as the one on her face, so that was something that Springpaw could easily work on out of the way. Springpaw felt her lips pursed into a slight grimace, not prepared whatsoever for the explanation that she was about to give for the large molly right in front of her.

“The… good news… that I… can say is… that… with a… proper cleaning… and nice… usage of celandine… chervil… and marigold… the eye shouldn’t… be bothering you… as much… I’ll… give you… a poppyseed… so that… you don’t have… to deal with… the pain… as much… while the… marigold works… to try to… soothe the area… and hopefully… prevent any… possible infection… however… the bad news is… I’m afraid that… you may have… lost your… vision… in that eye… you can… come by… the medicine den… once every… other day… so I can… check it and… redress it… but I’m… afraid there’s… very little… that I… can do… to help… strengthen your vision… other than… giving you… some celandine… daily.” Truth is, Springpaw wasn’t a miracle worker. There was a potential for heavy scarring adjacent along her face, specifically around her eye, but perhaps some drips of celandine would help to strengthen the vision of the torn retina of her eye while chervil could help heal the damaged skin, and some of the healing properties marigold tended to offer could heal it succinctly enough to avoid anything lethargic. For now, however, avoiding potential infection was her biggest priority, and with Skunkstrike’s permission, she’d use some moist moss to clean the wounds to hopefully clear them of any dirt and blood. With a short nod angling towards the large molly, the calico began to trod her way back towards the herb storage so she could gather her required essentials, approaching the indented pits where her prestigious herbs lay. There wasn’t much of the required herbs that she wanted to use, but there was plenty enough that would be able to fulfill it for this occasion.

Without much thought, the medicine cat apprentice began to collect her required essentials: one celandine flower and chervil plant to crush and use the juices to aid Skunkstrike’s injured eye, two cobwebs to use to bandage her up and staunch the blood flow, one poppyseed to help numb the pain, and some marigold to use to prevent any potential infection to occur within her injuries. It wasn’t much, but it would have to do. As precise as possible, the calico gathered up her essentials into a proper leaf-like bundle and trotted her way towards her relatively small pile of moss-ball clumps. She used a forepaw to quickly gather up one of the moss clumps to cleanse off the excess blood on Skunkstrike’s bi-colored pelt. It wasn’t much, but it would have to do. Sprngpaw began to trudge her way back towards the direction of the bleeding feline, setting down her supplies right next to her as she brushed the poppyseed towards her direction with a tail for the black-and-white molly to take. “Take… that… real fast… It should… help you… with the pain… and hopefully… you won’t… have to… deal with… the pain… throughout the.. next few… hours… just let me… know if… you need… another one… in case… it gets… any worse.” She would need to be careful about the amount of poppyseeds that she would offer to Skunkstrike in case the molly was coming back for another. Coldamber’s warnings about the lethargic effects that occurred after giving patients any more than two seeds had always been stuck in the forefront of her mind. She wasn’t going to be taking any risky chances just by giving Skunkstrike any more than two poppyseeds and then the next day, the molly was dead on her all just for her mistake of giving her more than two poppyseeds.

She let out a quiet sigh as she reached over towards one of her small bundles of moss to begin cleansing out the minor scarring along Skunkstrike’s face, watching as the green plant itself began to turn into a bright, scarlet red from the blood seeping into its mass. Some of her patient’s blood began to get into her snow-white, dainty paws, but the medic didn’t pay a lick of attention towards that. From her being appointed towards this role for almost a full year, she had practically grown to not be as bugged by blood sticking onto her fur. Yes, it was a little bit disgusting at times, but she was practically used to it at this given point in time from all the grotesque wounds that she encountered during her time as a medic towards her clan. Skunkstrike’s wounds were just only the gist of it, as Springpaw had encountered similar injuries to Skunkstrike’s own, as that was when she had to work on trying to aid in healing Gentledoe’s eye injury before she even left ThunderClan. Springpaw felt curious of where the molly could’ve gone, or maybe if she had… potentially got killed. The thought left a sickening feel within her stomach, but the oriental-shaped calico didn’t linger on the thought for too long, as she had begun to wrap up with wiping away any of the excess blood off Skunkstripe’s injuries, now just seeing how truly horrible the gash was across her face. It took every ounce in her to not feel bad for the molly from just seeing how truly horrible of a condition she was in. It had to be horrible to just feel agony and not be able to see clearly out of one of her eyes. Springpaw knew a little bit of what the pain was like, given her facial scars that she had endured a little bit ago during the ruthless attack at Sunkissed Creek that almost resulted in her death.

Springpaw didn’t want to linger on the thoughts for too long, as she set down the bloodied clump of moss to the sde for her to dispose of it later, grabbing the marigold so she could begin to properly make it into a poultice for both the gashes and minor wounds along Skunkstrike’s body. Given how very minor the wounds were, Springpaw figured that she didn’t need to use all of the marigolds that she grabbed. All she necessarily needed was just only half of the flower itself, and save the rest of it for another patient that would make their way into the medicine den at some point that day. With careful and precise work, she used her foreclaws to strip the marigold into thin pieces so she could properly use only half of the plant itself and save the rest for later use. Once she was finished, she popped the stripped parts of the golden bloom in her mouth so she can begin chewing it into a proper poultice, being careful not to chew it to the point where it became a pulp instead of a poultice. Was there even much of a difference between the two? Most likely not, only just that water is often added to make a pulp, unlike a poultice. Either way, Springpaw didn’t want to linger on the thought for too long, soon finishing her tentative chewing as she lifted a paw to push the poultice onto her paw pad so she could properly smear it onto Skunkstrike’s wounds. She almost wondered how none of her patients thought of this as potentially weird or revolting as she did when she first did this tactic, but she never grew verbal about it. With careful movements, Springpaw reached a paw towards the less minor wounds first to work on them before moving onto Skunkstrike’s face, carefully pressing the poultice onto each gash with careful work and inspection.

After she was finished, she moved her paw up towards Skunkstripes face so she could begin to gingerly coax the poultice onto the reopened gashes along her face, mumbling quiet apologies here and there while she gently rubbed. “I’m sorry… that it… probably stings… but it’s… better than… withstanding… the risk… of an… potential… infection.” She made sure to completely avoid the area where the injured eye was apparent, being sure to use her spare paw to cover the eye entirely so that she didn’t accidentally rub any of the marigolds into the area itself. After she was finished, she made sure to quickly wash out the poultice using the small stream that was within the den to hopefully cleanse out any of the spare poultices that were on her paw still. With her work almost done, she gathered up both the chervil and celandine as she carefully pulled them closer to her. Since she had used the other moss-ball to thoroughly clean out through the blood that was both on Skunkstrike’s pelt and her eye, all she needed to do was drip some of the juices into the inflicted area and hope that it stayed there. Since she wasn’t much of a big cat, she would need the large molly to hopefully bend down towards her proportional level so she could trickle the juices into her eye. Springpaw gingerly wrapped her jaws around the orange flower as she approached the molly, hoping that Skunkstrike would be willing to tilt her head proportionately so that she could drip some of the juices into it. “Tilt… your head… for me… please… so I can… put some… of this… into it… and then… I can… start bandaging it… up after… I put in… the other… of… moss on… the inflicted… area.”

[ -1 moss | -1 poppyseed | -0.50 marigold ]

@Tiabirb

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; March 1st, 2024 at 02:23 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2024, 03:54 PM
Queen of allthings SCARY!

Bump Policy: 2-3 days is good
My Mood: Stressed

@Spider-in-the-corner @eris

Feathernose remained unresponsive, despite everything. The comatose warrior had been ravaged by pretty much the same cat who had inflicted Drizzlecloud's injuries; and both victims may very well never return to their original state. Feathernose felt strangely disconnected to her body as it remained still, hardly breathing. The tang of herbs filled the air, and yet, alas, she could not follow, even though she strives her hardest. She just had to wait for her consciousness to return by itself.

peez help hatche dem tank youze

Links: CLICK ME AND JOIN!
Old March 3rd, 2024, 07:36 PM
chasing away dreams

Springpaw
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
purrks: herbal knowledge - tier 2 | the collector | mind reader | skip the steps[all perm. active; sts for battle training]

Thankfully for the sake of Springpaw’s sanity, it hadn’t taken too long for Strawberrymumble to come bearing the herbs that Springpaw had requested for her to find. Springpaw was already finding herself in a smoldering mess of wrecked emotions for the fact that the storage was almost completely tarnished by the sheer lack of herbs that she needed to help her patients heal up from the gruesome aftermath of the raid itself. Seeing that her usually well-stocked herbal remedies had been suddenly warped away from her grasp was utterly irritating and bizarre. Either way, the current essentials that Strawberrymumble had brought her would be enough to help aid with Larkswoop’s crucial injuries, but it may not be enough in case she needed to work on other patients who would most likely come strolling into the medicine den at any given moment in time. Gathering the essential supplies that the molly had brought for her, Springpaw gave the other oriental-shaped feline a nod, setting the required essentials down alongside her before focusing her attention back on the apricot feline once more. “Thank… you… this should… be enough… for me… to work… on Larkswoop… but it’s… not enough… for in case… I have… any other… patients… coming into… the den… do you… mind going… back out… to collect… some more… moss… and marigold?... make it… be two trips… here and back… if necessary…so that… you carry… twice… the amount… of both… required items.” To be honest, Springpaw hoped that would be what the molly would do. It would help the young medic keep herself occupied on her paws if that were to be the case.

With that out of the way, the calico turned her attention back to Larkswoop as she gently grasped the broken leg with both of her forepaws, gingerly feeling the limb for where the fracture took place. Brows furrowed intently, she gently used her claws to inspect the leg to feel any potential cracking. Her ears instinctively erected as she quietly heard the popping sound of the broken bone, humming beneath her breath as she used her tail to drag the moss clumps closer to herself. If she recalled correctly from her training session with Drizzlecloud, she needed to proportionally keep the fractured limb elevated so it could heal properly. The young medic herself hadn’t handled many scenarios such as broken bones or tails, so it felt a little nerving to be handling such a case by herself. She wasn’t inexperienced in such things, but it still felt a little bit of a shock to be handling a case like this on her own instead of with the aidance of her kind-hearted mentor. Drizzlecloud’s helpful words of guidance remained apparent in her mind as clear as day, but the sudden thought of her mentor only made her chest grow heavy with guilt. The blue-gray ticked tabby still wasn’t up and around on her paws yet, and Springpaw still needed time to try to properly prepare herself for having to explain to her mentor that she had been handling everything while she was unconscious, but a small part of her wanted to ignore than panging feel to tell Drizzlecloud about everything. What if she felt bad for not being able to accompany her apprentice? Or, what if she couldn’t remember anything that had occurred within the raid itself? If that happened, then Springpaw would be nothing but stumped to do anything about it.

She blinked away the thoughts that clouded her relatively hazy mind, focusing back on her current task as she used her free paw to gather up both of the moss clumps so she could use them as a comforting cushion for the limb as she prepared to wrap two wads of cobwebs around the inflicted area. Before she had held the initiation to use the cobwebs that Strawberry had brought over to her, she had decided to quickly traverse towards the storage and snag a few extra cobwebs so she could use them for Larkswoops chronic injuries that laced her body. She was at least thankful that one of the four patrols that she had sent out came back with the acquired supplies that she needed. Sure, she could just call for a cat to come in here so she could have them go out to collect the herbs she needs, but it felt like a heavy burden was lifted off her shoulders from cats finally taking initiative and coming back on time to give her the proper herbs to help aid her clan. Springpaw didn’t want to set herself up for failure, and she wasn’t planning on doing such idiocy anytime soon. Inhaling a deep breath of the cold air lingering around her nostrils, Springpaw used her claws to carefully latch onto the moss clumps so she could bring them to the afflicted area, compressing both moss clumps into a proper cushioning so she could prepare to wrap them in cobwebs so it could stay elevated for the limb to reattach and heal itself. Even if she withstood the knowledge of how to bind broken bones together, it was still a discovery to make for how exactly the bones bond together and heal themselves to a specific point. She just found it bizarre, she supposed.

Using her rounded dainty paws as best as she could, Springpaw began to precisely unfold two of the four cobweb wads with her claws so that she had them next to her so that she could use them as a cast for the broken leg itself. Of course, she couldn’t place both of the cobwebs onto the area just yet. She still needed to break the stick that Strawberrymumble brought her into two equal pieces so that it could help keep the limb elevated so that it could heal without any possible counter effects happening to the bone. After carefully unfolding the wads of cobwebs, she reached over and grasped the stick between her jaws so that she could carefully put pressure on it so she could break it into two pieces. Carefully compressing pressure onto the stick itself, she heard it make a faint snap sound as she felt the stick break itself in half into two pieces that she could use to press against the broken leg to help it be used as a cast for the cobwebs and keep the moss in place. Upon placing the sticks back down on the ground, she grasped one of the sticks and held it up against the back of the leg before grasping the other to press it against the front of the leg, being careful not to apply too much force that could worsen the condition of the bone itself. After compressing both sticks against the moss that she used for a cushion, she bent over to snag both of the cobwebs with her teeth and began to tightly wrap the leg into a proper cast so that it could heal. Once she was finished wrapping, she carefully looked back to inspect her work so she could feel satisfied with how she had crafted her cast for the molly.

“Now… with your leg… all wrapped and… put into a… cast… you will… need to… rest until… the bone has… completely healed… and… I will… be having… you stay… in camp… for at least… a couple… of weeks… or longer… in case… the fracture… was far… too severe… but I’m… not having… you go out… of camp… until that… leg has healed... completely… I’ll be… having… you do… some walking… exercises… to reduce the… chance… of any… stiffened joints… along the… area.” Springpaw’s throat burned and throbbed after she explained what she would be having Larkswoop do since there wasn’t much that the molly could do with her leg being broken. Broken bones generally require a lot of rest, not just anything minimal or else that could risk something far worse than just a simple broken bone, and it wasn’t like Larkswoop would be able to do anything too strenuous for a moon or longer given her current condition. Now, with the handling of the broken limb out of the way, Springpaw needed to bandage up the gashes that were notable along the battered feline’s body. Thankfully for her mental sake, Springpaw had plentiful marigolds to spare just to help patch up the molly’s body, and hopefully prevent any possible infection from occurring. Any possible infection to occur would be the last thing that the medic truly ever wanted, as she didn’t bear any burnet left to hopefully keep any inflammation at bay. Nonetheless, her main objective was to get Larkswoop all finished and hopefully keep her occupied within the medicine den while her broken leg healed.

Without much thought, she began to gather both of the golden brooms that she collected out from the herb storage and moved her way towards the stream within the middle of the den, carefully dipping both of the marigolds into the cold water so she could lightly dampen them before moving onto chewing them into a proper poultice. It would help to stick the herbal remedy onto the wound itself so that it didn’t have any chance of possibly slipping off after it got placed onto the inflicted area. She then carefully placed both of the brooms onto a fresh leaf that she had rested alongside her so that she could chew them into a poultice to use for the battered, gnarly scarring apparent along Larkswoop’s body, especially along her underbelly. She would need to be the most careful when it came to applying the poultice there. There was no need to irritate the broken flabs of skin any further now, did she? A small sigh expelled past her lips, the calico prepared herself to chew up the blooms into a proper poultice, bending herself down so that she could begin to chew up the flowers into a usable poultice to smear on Larkswoop’s wounds. As she chewed, she slowly began to watch as the herb began to turn into a wet mass, seeing as it began to turn into a pulp. Lifting herself up, she reached a forepaw over towards the stream once more so she could snag a little bit of water to add to the mixture to thicken it so it could stick itself better onto the wounds that Larkswoop bore. After adding the water, she focused her attention back towards Lawkswoop, carefully nudging the small bundle of leaves beside the molly as she sat down in front of her, preparing herself to smear the poultice onto her wounds.

“This… may sting… a little bit… and I’m sorry… for if… it does… but I’ll… give you some… poppyseeds… to help… elevate… the pain.” Springpaw explained before using her paws to gather up some of the thickened poultice to begin slathering on Larkswoop’s wounds, being sure to be careful while she worked to carefully avoid pressing too hard onto the sensitive areas so that she would properly properly get the poultice onto each specific spot. As she gently rubbed the poultice into each specific spot, she occasionally looked towards Larkswoop to see if the molly was doing alright. She didn’t want for her to feel anything far too uncomfortable while she rubbed the poultice into her wounds. After she had finished, the molly quickly retreated to grab the two remaining wads of cobweb that she was going to use for bandaging her wounds up. With careful movements, she unfolded the two pieces of cobwebs so that she could properly use each part of the cobwebs into each wound so that it could properly keep the poultice in place. Upon finishing, a smile worked its way towards her maw as she focused towards Larkswoop momentarily after pulling her poultice-covered paws away. “There… you are… finished… but please… stay within… the den… so you… keep off… the broken… leg and… allow it to… heal.” She explained, lifting herself up to go over towards the herb storage to snag two poppyseeds before carrying them over towards Larkswoop, placing them down in front of the molly for her to take to help numb and elevate the pain. “Here… take these… real fast.”

[ -1 sturdy stick | -4 cobwebs | -2 moss | -1 & -0.50 marigold | -2 poppyseeds ]

@Shellwhisker @Fawn<3

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.

Last edited by iliri; March 4th, 2024 at 07:28 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2024, 10:41 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

Brows furrowed as she listened. Moss, marigold, cobweb, rosemary. She took note of the descriptions and the places, a small voice at the back of her head insisting it was strange that both were places she knew like the back of her paw. Because they had once belonged to RiverClan. But she pushed that nagging part aside; she had work to do. Gently, quietly, she got up to leave. But not before whispering a "I'll be right back" to Bumble and pressing her forehead to the leader's (if she would let her).

// @eris @dino. \\

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old March 3rd, 2024, 10:53 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

You know what they say about the devil... Bumblestar's ears flipped forward as Violetfreckle entered the den. She took note of the huff but decided to ignore it, too tired and somewhat relieved to think of any snide comments to fire back. Her skin prickled as the other she-cat elected to start cleaning the blood from her pelt, but she let it go. "I'll be fine," she mumbled. "Gimme a few days 'n I'll be good as new."

Wolfpaw's distaste wasn't missed, either, and she shot him a puzzled glance before pulling her tail a little tighter around him. Something to be dealt with later.

Her thoughts wandered as Springpaw moved back and forth before they staggered back into focus at the mention of Violetfreckle. She leaned in as the she-cat pressed her forehead against her own, eyes shutting briefly before they opened again. "I'll come with." A hurried offer, one she probably couldn't hold up to given her current state. "More mouths to carry more stuff, y'know."

Then to Redhawk as she moved. "Oi, if you pass out I'm firin' you. Don't."

[ @eris @vellichor @tally @BEAR. ]
Old March 3rd, 2024, 10:59 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

The briefest moment of softness was quickly followed by words that made Violetfreckle's ears pin back. "Absolutely not." Her gaze flickered toward Wolfpaw then back to Bumblestar. "You're staying here. You and Wolfpaw've been through a lot." Another glance toward the apprentice, then words spoken to Springpaw. "Don't let her up. I'm leaving and I'll be right back." Did she have the authority to make these demands? Probably not. But that wouldn't stop her. Violetfreckle left camp with one last glance back.

// @dino. @/eris @BEAR. \\

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old March 4th, 2024, 01:36 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud had been in and out of consciousness since the moment she collapsed in Riverclan's camp. It was almost as if every ounce of energy and adrenaline drained from her body as soon as she came to the conclusion that Springpaw was okay. Okay meaning: walking and breathing. Perhaps she came to a few times during the trip back home, but nothing truly came of it. Perhaps a few incoherent, mumbled apologies, alongside some quiet gags that she somehow managed to dispel each time.

For what felt like ages, Drizzlecloud was out like a light. Hiding in the depths of her own mind. She could've easily been mistaken as dead if it weren't for the slow, shaky breathing that caused her chest and shoulders to lift and fall. In all honesty, she thought that she had died.

But, for better or for worse, the mixed, nearly overwhelming scent of her den flooded her senses–but nothing more. If it weren't for the fact that she spent most of her time here, the smell would've overwhelmed her to the point of vomiting, but thankfully that wasn't the case.

Now, after the smells, came the sharp stinging of her wounds and the throbbing in her skull. A feeble whimper sounded from her throat, claws unsheathing into the moss below her as she began to knead at the nest anxiously. After the pain came the metallic, cold taste of the blood that dribbled down her nose and over her lips. Her nose scrunched up at the taste–she hadn't tasted her own in a while. Finally, she managed to open her eyes. She squinted at the dull light that filtered into the den, and now, the scent of blood and her clanmates came to her, too.

Drizzlecloud's eyes shifted, although she didn't move. Her gaze scanned over her clanmates–her apprentice, especially–as the den seemed to buzz with energy. How exhausting. Drizzlecloud shifted slightly, hoping to lift herself to her paws, before she promptly gave up due to the sharp pain that seemed to squeeze her skull. With the pain, her breath picked up slightly before settling once more. Her gaze flicked upwards, now catching sight of Sparrowpelt–and despite the pain she was in, she smiled at him.

“Sparr–ow.” She uttered out softly, her tail twitching to brush against one of his legs. The smile on her face faded ever so slightly, the fur along her spine slowly beginning to stand on end as a sudden realization sunk into her mind. “...Sp–arrow?” Drizzlecloud rasped out once more, her eyes furrowing together in confusion. The smile that had been on her face had disappeared, and the dull light in her eyes had faded away too. With her ears laying flat against her head, she stared up at her mate with those wide eyes of hers, but rather than it's usual affectionate glow that she seemed to always look at him with… There was nothing but horror.

She couldn't hear anything at all.

[ @eris @SuspiciousMindz sorry my partner was home for the weekend anddd last week was pretty busy! ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old March 4th, 2024, 08:21 PM
burnout senior… for now

Status: I promise I don’t bite… well I do but it’s with love
Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) // 24 - 48 (1 - 2 days) if important <3
My Mood: Angelic

❀⊱ { TRIP I ~ + 8 Marigold // TRIP II ~ + 8 cobwebs // TRIP III ~ +8 moss } ⊰❀

{ @eris ~ Springpaw }
[ ask and you shall receive lol, I come bearing herbs ]

Mossfreckle is Shadowclan’s Medicine Cat Apprentice

Mossfreckle’s Tracker // ShadowClan Healing // ShadowClan Herb Storage // Roleplay Tracker

Last edited by ellie; March 5th, 2024 at 08:26 AM.
Old March 5th, 2024, 09:00 AM
chasing away dreams

Springpaw

Tired from the working. Tired from the stress. If there was any other way to put it, Springpaw could. Fatigue was practically clinging to her senses, making it hard for her to focus on a single task. Even with such daunting features hanging over her head like a thread, she didn’t want to have herself succumb to her weighing exhaustion and allow herself to grow vulnerable. She wasn’t that type of cat. At least, not anymore. After she had been a medicine cat apprentice for almost a full year, she had witnessed many injuries and even the most severe of situations - both being minor or crucial. Even with that, she had matured both physically and mentally. She wasn’t as afraid anymore. She wasn’t filled with anxiety or trembling at the seams whenever she was overwhelmed. She had learned to control such futile emotions, allowing her to focus on a singularized task without growing distant from the wicked voices echoing in her head. But, the growing exhaustion lacing her limbs hadn’t made it easy to maintain her focus on the more important tasks of trying to keep her clan-mates wounds patched up. The task had doubled the difficulty with Drizzlecloud no longer available at the given moment in time, especially with her being currently incapacitated from her grave injury. Speaking of the medicine cat, Springpaw wasn’t even sure if the molly was in the proper state given how long she had been unconscious. It was worrisome, to say the least, and it wasn’t like Springpaw could help it. She wanted Drizzlecloud to be okay, for StarClan sake.

Oriental-shaped ears perked up instinctively at the sound of a familiar, young squeaky voice that excitedly called out for the overworked medic, her heart feeling as if it leaped up in her throat as the molly turned her head to face the familiar wobbly form of none other than her little poppy herself. Poppypaw seemed to be carrying a random assortment of items, but the more apparent item that quenched Springpaw’s interest was the poppy flower that she held gingerly in her jaws. From the young molly’s bubbling optimism, Springpaw simply couldn’t stop the smile that streaked across her lips, feeling her face growing sore from just the sight of her little accomplice happily standing before her. Stars, how long had it been since she had seen her favorite apprentice? It had only felt like it had just been a day ago when she had seen Poppypaw standing in her den as a tiny kit while she worked on making the cure to help her terrible fever and cough. If Springpaw could smile further, she could, but her lips already felt sore from smiling at the mere presence of Poppypaw being inside the medicine den and relatively lifting her poor spirits. With a small, quiet chuckle escaping past her lips, Springpaw brought her long-furred tail to run over Poppypaw’s shoulders, her tired blue eyes filled with gratitude and relief that the young molly was there to help ease her troubling mind. “You… did excellent… with your… findings… my little… poppy… it has… been a while… since I’ve… last seen you… how have… you been?”

Guilt overburdened itself across her shoulders as the troubling memory of Eveningdance’s death surpassed her mind. The smile that had once been streaked across her face began to falter as her enlighted hopes slowly drained. Such guilt for the loss of the kind-hearted tom-cat left a panging ache in the deepest pits of her belly. She had been thankful to save her precious little poppy before such devasting tragedies happened to her too, but the horrific thought still irked her mind. Poppypaw could easily be slipped away from her just like how her siblings had been. Springpaw didn’t want that to happen. The young molly was a delight to see and the calico would swear that one of the many broken pieces of her heart would only shatter and break more due to its brittle shield. The many tears that the calico would shed if she lost one of the only other cats that helped keep her all tangled together and not break apart like a stack of bricks. Springpaw tried to think away from the troubling memories, focusing her attention back down towards the awaiting feline as Poppypaw stared inquisitively into her tired blue eyes, Springpaw feeling her lips finally curve back up into the tired smile that surpassed her features. “I do… need some… things… but I… would be… certain… that you… didn’t go… alone… who went… with you?... Are they… coming back… with their… share of… findings… as well?”

@starry @Estelle @Eden @Alchemist Kitsune [ sorry that this reply was a little bit delayed! was hoping to get to this sooner. also, in case i wasn’t supposed to mention you guys just yet, please let me know! ]

Old March 5th, 2024, 01:21 PM
too busy drawing cats.

Bump Policy: whenever :p
My Mood: Annoyed

ThunderClan Re: ThunderClan Raid Healing

Larkswoop
Flock Together Tier 2
a mottled dusky-brown-and-white she-cat with green eyes.

____

Larkswoop lapped up the poppy seeds without question. The pain had been becoming too much to bare.

After taking the herbs, the warrior looked up at Springpaw. ´´I´m sorry if I am a burden,´´ She murmured. ´´but thank you for treating me. I appreciate it.´´

The mottled she-cat rested her head on her paws, but Larkswoop lifted it once more when she saw Bumblestar.

´´Bumblestar?´´ The ThunderClan molly called. ´´May I talk to you about who Tigerpaw and Silverpaw´s temporary mentors will be while I am healing?´´

Larkswoop had a couple of cats in mind. Redhawk, for one.

Redhawk had recently been promoted to one of Bumblestar´s Hornets, but now that the warrior had been injured in the RiverClan raid, Larkswoop wasn´t sure that the Hornet could take on the position of mentoring one of her apprentices temporarily.

Mudhound was another possibility, but he already had three apprentices.

Violetfreckle. Violetfreckle was a great teacher, and she had room for one more apprentice. She´d recommend Violetfreckle to train Tigerpaw.

And Silverpaw....

Now Silverpaw was a troublemaker. He needed a cat that would keep him in line to train him, and Lioncrest was that cat. The golden tom was pretty stern, and he was great with kits, especially if they´re his own, like Elkkit.

[ @vei // @dino. ]

''say you can't sleep? baby, i know. mm, it's that me espresso.'' - sabrina carpenter, espresso

Characters W/ Purrks

Larkswoop: Flock Together Tier 2, Beefed Up Tier 3, Lyrebird´s Lullaby
Alderblossom: Agatha Kitty, Well Insulated
Bluepaw: The Collector

Last edited by paris; March 5th, 2024 at 01:22 PM.