Bump Policy: Normal RPs: 24 Hours | Time Sensitive RPs: 6-12 Hours
My Mood: Amused

Default Re: Twilight Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
@Moonraven @the.lemon.witch @DdeonghwaLover @Tac Nyan
[just moving this along, reply whenever]
CW: corpse and mild gore

The walk to Twilight Falls was done mostly in silence as Leechscar's brain was working so he mostly tuned out the rest of the patrol. It wasn't hard to find what had set Firestorm off. At the edge of the pond lay a disgusting-looking corpse, waterlogged and bloated. The stench was horrifying. The sight he could handle, the smell not so much. Aw, gross. Thankfully, since it was so cold, the stench wasn't as horrible as it could have been baking in the sun. Still, vomiting inducing.

Leechscar padded closer, trying not to inhale, and poked at the stiff corpse with a paw. It was certainly waterlogged, but with it being leaf-fall and colder it seemed mostly preserved. There were chunks of fur and skin missing, but it didn't seem like it was beaten up too badly. It's all intact so that was something.

He stepped back, away from the body, breathing some cleaner air, and then began speaking aloud his thought process. "Alright, Wolffang, Watertail, and Halfflower pull the body all the way out of the water and see if you can figure out who it is, or if there are any clues to how it got there, I want it carry to Sunset Grove. Batglare, you can come with me, we're going to head to Sunset Grove. I want to get a grave dug up to put the body in. It's probably one of our clanmates, maybe even a missing one, regardless it needs to be buried before it attracts predators." Leechscar meowed, although waited before doing anything to see if anyone had any better ideas on how to handle this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DdeonghwaLover View Post

With a reluctant nod Watertail approached the corpse, testing its bloated body with a paw and them gently pulling it out of the water with a soft grab on its sodden, cold fur. Watertail gave a small choke as he inhaled the scent, his eyes gleaming with sadness as the senior checked the cat, "Halfflower can you go take a small detour and see if you find any scents? Firestorm may have been of too afraid to pick any up, or to shook to share." he meowed. Watertail was guessing with hope burning the tip of his tail as he asked the fellow warrior to check, would he listen? Watertail wished he had a plan but for now him and the fellows here would have to wing there investigation.

Sniffing the corpse lightly without wrinkling his nose he started checking its body for any wounds other than ripped and tugged fur. "Starclan help me." he muttered as he looked at the cat, slowly using his paw to push it over to its other side, examining it with a small stiffle of a gag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post

The senior padded after the younger cats, lingering further behind out of habit. As Twilight Falls came into view, Batglare remained where he was as Leechscar went to check the body. The stoic warrior was dead silent, but his thoughts were running laps. The body didn't look like it had been here for too long, but long enough to reek. The rancid odor wasn't too bad from where he was standing, Leechscar appeared as if he wasn't actively trying to avoid breathing.

As the younger warrior worked out a plan of action, Batglare parted his maw and breathed in the scents around him, hoping to find something out of place. But everything smelled like WindClan and had a hint of decay, leaf-fall was a terrible time to track a scent. Scent trails vanished too quickly during the cold. Grumbling something under his breath, Batglare turned his attention back to Leechscar.

"That sounds fine to me, one of them should sniff around the top of the waterfall, though," Batglare added gruffly. He didn't bother adding why, he didn't need to explain himself. Cats had brains use them. Eagar to set off knowing that the ground was going to be a bit tougher to dig up with the weather, Batglare slowly began making his way from the falls.
@Undertaker @the.lemon.witch @DdeonghwaLover @Tac Nyan

Half'Flower - She/Her/Flower/Flowers - Pan - 19 Moons

--

As HalfFlower padded forward, the rotten scent filled her nostrils. She stifled a groan of disgust and watched Leechscar prod the bloated body with a paw. Watertail then moved the body and asked her to sniff around. Flower heard Batglare mention sniffing around the top of the water fall. She nodded to both Watertail and Batglare before going to the top of the water fall and sniffing around.

[ @Tac Nyan ]
[Could someone tell me what Half'flower is supposed to find, if anything at all?]

My Pronoun Page

BlueberryPaw - LilyLeaf
Old October 14th, 2023, 04:25 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

(Apologies for how late this response is!)

(WARNING: The following post contains descriptions of a corpse, including gore and skinned animals. Please do not read it if any of this bothers you.)

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light cream-gray fluff on the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

Wolffang followed Leechscar to Twilight Falls. A grim silence hung over the group. It felt fitting, considering what they were going to investigate. Tension crackled around Wolffang; every muscle was stiff, and his stomach felt like it was being pinched together by long claws. He barely registered the harsh, chilled breeze blowing through his thick pelt, the glaring light of the golden sun, or the swish of long grass against his ankles. All senses were focused on the task ahead. Who died? How were they killed? Did they drown, or were they thrown into the falls? he wondered. A flash of fear shot through him as Leopardsong's face flickered in his mind again. Wolffang shook the image away. Not her. It can't be her. No need to panic until they found the body. Still, he felt a pang of grief. We still lost a Clanmate. He also felt terrible for Firestorm. It must've been awful, discovering the body of a Clanmate. Unfortunately, every warrior had to get used to death.

The rushing of falling water reached Wolffang's ears - technically ear since one had been ripped off, but he could still hear from both sides - a heartbeat before the smell did. It almost made him stop in his tracks. It was rancid, filling the air with foul fumes of rotting flesh. Wolffang had seen the skinned corpses of his Clanmates, so he could deal with the sickly sweet odor of decay, but that didn't stop the back of his throat from burning with bile that thankfully didn't make an appearance. He could also deal with the sight of the body lying beside the shimmering pool. Bloated, fur heavy with water, missing hunks of fur and skin... Leechscar hunched over it, a massive, hulking, dark gray figure. His former apprentice looked disgusted but stoic. Wolffang kept his face serious, but grief and horror flickered in his amber eyes, and his pelt bristled. Who was this? And how had they died? Not Leopardsong, he realized, but his relief was short-lived. This death was still horrible.

The dappled gray tom perked up as Leechscar began to give instructions. It almost made his hackles rise, getting ordered around by the younger warrior, but he kept his pelt flat and didn't let anything show. Leechscar may be disloyal and rude, but he's still a capable warrior, he reminded himself. Twilightstar trusts him. I've seen his skills for myself. And Wolffang had to grudgingly admit that Leechscar was good at remaining level-headed and commanding others in situations such as this. Speaking of this situation, now wasn't the time to think about old grudges. There was only room for business - and mourning of a Clanmate. Unless it's an Outsider? he wondered hopefully.

Wolffang dipped his head at Leechscar's command and walked up behind Watertail. He watched as the other tom pulled the corpse from where it lay partially in the pool and put it on the grass. The wet thud made Wolffang's ear twitch. He leaned forward, eyes and nose burning at the vile smell, trying to hold his breath. The body didn't seem too badly battered. Just a few scrapes. None of these wounds look like they could kill someone. Wolffang frowned harder. He couldn't recognize the body at all.

Then Watertail spoke up. Wolffang turned to look at him, slightly impressed and agreeing with the other tom's train of thought. "That's a fantastic idea," he meowed. Batglare added to check the top of the waterfall, and Halfflower quickly bounded away. "I'll sniff around the other areas of the falls," he told the others. Watertail seemed to be having a rough time - Wolffang couldn't blame him - so Wolffang touched his shoulder with the end of his tipless tail, then went in the opposite direction of Halfflower, tasting the air. He suppressed the urge to gag every time the sickly sweet scent of decay flooded his nose and mouth. It seemed so out of place among the odors of grass, flowers, and moss floating in the air. He couldn't help the way his fur bristled whenever he got too close to the still water, ripples occasionally fanning along it. His paws squelched in the mud. It won't be easy to find a scent here, he deduced. However, he kept at it, alternating from the bank to slightly farther away so he covered as much area as possible.

@Undertaker @Choi-San~Spookyteez @Moonraven @the.lemon.witch (I don't know what we're supposed to be looking for, either.)

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old October 14th, 2023, 06:29 PM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac Nyan View Post

(WARNING: The following post contains descriptions of a corpse, including gore and skinned animals. Please do not read it if any of this bothers you.)

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light cream-gray fluff on the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

Wolffang followed Leechscar to Twilight Falls. A grim silence hung over the group. It felt fitting, considering what they were going to investigate. Tension crackled around Wolffang; every muscle was stiff, and his stomach felt like it was being pinched together by long claws. He barely registered the harsh, chilled breeze blowing through his thick pelt, the glaring light of the golden sun, or the swish of long grass against his ankles. All senses were focused on the task ahead. Who died? How were they killed? Did they drown, or were they thrown into the falls? he wondered. A flash of fear shot through him as Leopardsong's face flickered in his mind again. Wolffang shook the image away. Not her. It can't be her. No need to panic until they found the body. Still, he felt a pang of grief. We still lost a Clanmate. He also felt terrible for Firestorm. It must've been awful, discovering the body of a Clanmate. Unfortunately, every warrior had to get used to death.

The rushing of falling water reached Wolffang's ears - technically ear since one had been ripped off, but he could still hear from both sides - a heartbeat before the smell did. It almost made him stop in his tracks. It was rancid, filling the air with foul fumes of rotting flesh. Wolffang had seen the skinned corpses of his Clanmates, so he could deal with the sickly sweet odor of decay, but that didn't stop the back of his throat from burning with bile that thankfully didn't make an appearance. He could also deal with the sight of the body lying beside the shimmering pool. Bloated, fur heavy with water, missing hunks of fur and skin... Leechscar hunched over it, a massive, hulking, dark gray figure. His former apprentice looked disgusted but stoic. Wolffang kept his face serious, but grief and horror flickered in his amber eyes, and his pelt bristled. Who was this? And how had they died? Not Leopardsong, he realized, but his relief was short-lived. This death was still horrible.

The dappled gray tom perked up as Leechscar began to give instructions. It almost made his hackles rise, getting ordered around by the younger warrior, but he kept his pelt flat and didn't let anything show. Leechscar may be disloyal and rude, but he's still a capable warrior, he reminded himself. Twilightstar trusts him. I've seen his skills for myself. And Wolffang had to grudgingly admit that Leechscar was good at remaining level-headed and commanding others in situations such as this. Speaking of this situation, now wasn't the time to think about old grudges. There was only room for business - and mourning of a Clanmate. Unless it's an Outsider? he wondered hopefully.

Wolffang dipped his head at Leechscar's command and walked up behind Watertail. He watched as the other tom pulled the corpse from where it lay partially in the pool and put it on the grass. The wet thud made Wolffang's ear twitch. He leaned forward, eyes and nose burning at the vile smell, trying to hold his breath. The body didn't seem too badly battered. Just a few scrapes. None of these wounds look like they could kill someone. Wolffang frowned harder. He couldn't recognize the body at all.

Then Watertail spoke up. Wolffang turned to look at him, slightly impressed and agreeing with the other tom's train of thought. "That's a fantastic idea," he meowed. Batglare added to check the top of the waterfall, and Halfflower quickly bounded away. "I'll sniff around the other areas of the falls," he told the others. Watertail seemed to be having a rough time - Wolffang couldn't blame him - so Wolffang touched his shoulder with the end of his tipless tail, then went in the opposite direction of Halfflower, tasting the air. He suppressed the urge to gag every time the sickly sweet scent of decay flooded his nose and mouth. It seemed so out of place among the odors of grass, flowers, and moss floating in the air. He couldn't help the way his fur bristled whenever he got too close to the still water, ripples occasionally fanning along it. His paws squelched in the mud. It won't be easy to find a scent here, he deduced. However, he kept at it, alternating from the bank to slightly farther away so he covered as much area as possible.

@Undertaker @Choi-San~Spookyteez @Moonraven @the.lemon.witch (I don't know what we're supposed to be looking for, either.)
Watertail gave a small shiver as he looked at the body in dismay, he felt such a strong grief for this cat, but he couldn't recognize them. It made him even more sad. He turned his head lightly at Wolffang's touch, giving a grateful but sad smile in return. Wolffang's touch had surprised Watertail, suddenly the tom had a strong desire for his mate, Wheattail. He wanted her warm fur and soothing words in this situation, she would tell him to calm down and observe his surroundings carefully. Keeping this in mind, Watertail did it.

"I'll go check around the back of the water and look in it to see if anything was left behind, if there was a fight there should be some traces of fur or blood left...right?" he said, half to himself half to his clanmates, staggering upwards the large but soft tom started sniffing around the waters edge. Looking closely at anything he found broken or mangled, it could be any animal but it was a good idea to check either way. Coming back after finding nothing but broken twigs he looked at the cats claws carefully for any fur of a different color or broken claws that would indicate a struggle. The claws were awfully soft and fragile as if they had been soaked in the water for some time. "They've been here for a while thats for sure, there claws are brittle and soft and there pads are quite wrinkled and squished.." Watertail meowed.

The thought of this body and how long it was sitting here, neglected. The mystery cat not getting the honor of life that even outsiders deserved was saddening. "Who or what ever did this will surely have regrets." Watertail started in a whisper, "I hope you rest well and whoever or whatever your believe in takes you well." Watertail meowed in a soft tone. Images of his drowned mother and little siblings flashed into his mind, Watertail felt his mind buzzing with sadness, question, confusion, and the rank stench of death which caused him to stumble and have to sit.

(Hes open for comfort <3 He can continue with the patrol he just needs consulting first lol)

( Idk either, I don't wanna mess it up lol ;-; )
(Wolffang is sweet )

@the.lemon.witch
@Undertaker
@Moonraven
@Tac Nyan

"If this moment is our wave. Dont' be afraid, face it with more strength"
- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur @/Hollyheart of thunder @/MaplestrikeWCUE

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Old October 15th, 2023, 01:46 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

@the.lemon.witch @Choi-San~Spookyteez @Tac Nyan
[Your cats don't need to find anything, they just have to look around. There could be signs, like a trotted on grass, or muddy paw prints(I think it's muddy by the waterfall idk tho), at the top of the waterfall, but nothing concrete or solid pointing out who did this. Once they're done looking, take the corpse to Starry Meadow and meet up with Bat and Leech and we'll from there.]

As Batglare began to set off, Leechscar hung around a few extra moments as the other three got to work on sniffing around. It seemed like no one had any complaints about the plan so he got up, ready to set off behind Batglare, but stuck around for a few extra seconds to observe how the other cats were doing. He decided against commenting on how soft some of these furballs were but wasn't up for the argument or whining about how unsentimental he was being. He quickly turned and trotted after Batglare once he was certain no one was going to break down like a newborn kit. He would remember not to bring Watertail on stuff like this. They needed hardened warriors on stuff like this, if he wanted to be coddled he shouldn't have come along. They weren't here to babysit. Leechscar snorted and muttered something under his breath as they left.

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder

Last edited by Undertaker; October 15th, 2023 at 01:47 PM.
Old October 15th, 2023, 06:29 PM
Hey, who's the new guy?

Status: Well, that was another easy adventure for Spider-Man! -explosion-

Quote:

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choi-San~Spookyteez View Post

Watertail gave a small shiver as he looked at the body in dismay, he felt such a strong grief for this cat, but he couldn't recognize them. It made him even more sad. He turned his head lightly at Wolffang's touch, giving a grateful but sad smile in return. Wolffang's touch had surprised Watertail, suddenly the tom had a strong desire for his mate, Wheattail. He wanted her warm fur and soothing words in this situation, she would tell him to calm down and observe his surroundings carefully. Keeping this in mind, Watertail did it.

"I'll go check around the back of the water and look in it to see if anything was left behind, if there was a fight there should be some traces of fur or blood left...right?" he said, half to himself half to his clanmates, staggering upwards the large but soft tom started sniffing around the waters edge. Looking closely at anything he found broken or mangled, it could be any animal but it was a good idea to check either way. Coming back after finding nothing but broken twigs he looked at the cats claws carefully for any fur of a different color or broken claws that would indicate a struggle. The claws were awfully soft and fragile as if they had been soaked in the water for some time. "They've been here for a while thats for sure, there claws are brittle and soft and there pads are quite wrinkled and squished.." Watertail meowed.

The thought of this body and how long it was sitting here, neglected. The mystery cat not getting the honor of life that even outsiders deserved was saddening. "Who or what ever did this will surely have regrets." Watertail started in a whisper, "I hope you rest well and whoever or whatever your believe in takes you well." Watertail meowed in a soft tone. Images of his drowned mother and little siblings flashed into his mind, Watertail felt his mind buzzing with sadness, question, confusion, and the rank stench of death which caused him to stumble and have to sit.

(Hes open for comfort <3 He can continue with the patrol he just needs consulting first lol)

( Idk either, I don't wanna mess it up lol ;-; )
(Wolffang is sweet )

@the.lemon.witch
@Undertaker
@Moonraven
@Tac Nyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
@the.lemon.witch @Choi-San~Spookyteez @Tac Nyan
[Your cats don't need to find anything, they just have to look around. There could be signs, like a trotted on grass, or muddy paw prints(I think it's muddy by the waterfall idk tho), at the top of the waterfall, but nothing concrete or solid pointing out who did this. Once they're done looking, take the corpse to Starry Meadow and meet up with Bat and Leech and we'll from there.]

As Batglare began to set off, Leechscar hung around a few extra moments as the other three got to work on sniffing around. It seemed like no one had any complaints about the plan so he got up, ready to set off behind Batglare, but stuck around for a few extra seconds to observe how the other cats were doing. He decided against commenting on how soft some of these furballs were but wasn't up for the argument or whining about how unsentimental he was being. He quickly turned and trotted after Batglare once he was certain no one was going to break down like a newborn kit. He would remember not to bring Watertail on stuff like this. They needed hardened warriors on stuff like this, if he wanted to be coddled he shouldn't have come along. They weren't here to babysit. Leechscar snorted and muttered something under his breath as they left.

--

HalfFlower glanced at LeechScar, hearing him snort and mutter something. She guessed it was about WaterTail. She supressed and growled and glared at his back as he left before quickly returning to searching. "I see some paw prints up here, in the mud!" Flower called. "I can't seem to find a scent! The mud, water and horrid scent of the body is masking it all...." She added, trailing off with thought.

My Pronoun Page

BlueberryPaw - LilyLeaf
Old October 15th, 2023, 06:41 PM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.lemon.witch View Post

--

HalfFlower glanced at LeechScar, hearing him snort and mutter something. She guessed it was about WaterTail. She supressed and growled and glared at his back as he left before quickly returning to searching. "I see some paw prints up here, in the mud!" Flower called. "I can't seem to find a scent! The mud, water and horrid scent of the body is masking it all...." She added, trailing off with thought.
Watertail finally heard something closer and padded to Halfflower, "They aren't all that fresh" he murmured to himself, finally acting like the warrior he should be. Watertail was good with dead warriors, didn't act like he cared much....unless it came to drowned cats...

Giving a small sniff he shook his head. "No scent, but theres some trampled twigs over by the left side of the body, maybe it could be connected?" he said, his voice hard with concertration.

- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur @/Hollyheart of thunder @/MaplestrikeWCUE

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Old October 21st, 2023, 12:57 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light cream-gray fluff covering the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

Wolffang felt a pang of sympathy as Watertail lifted his head to look at him. The pain in the other warrior's eyes, the grief, was so strong that it seemed to bore into Wolffang's soul. But that sad smile, the unspoken thank you, tugged at his heartstrings in a way he didn't expect. This is what being a Clan is all about: Supporting our Clanmates, even in the worst of times. Wolffang dipped his broad head to Watertail and went on his way, trying not to inhale too much of the waterlogged corpse's scent. As he went farther from the carcass, the air became fresher, and he took deep breaths of it, welcoming the cleansing feel as it chased the worst of the sickly sweet odor out of his scent glands.

The grim atmosphere that had chased the patrol here still hung in the air, but it sharpened, like a claw dragged against stone, into concentration. Wolffang's eyes narrowed, amber slits that flashed against the solid gray fur on his face. He hardly registered the gross sensation of mud squelching under his pads and squeezing beneath his toes. Wolffang took a deep breath, his stomach roiling as the wind brought a trace of the corpse back to his tongue, and focused on the other scents surrounding him. Mud, stone, wet grass, moss... Nothing out of the ordinary except for the intrusive smell of decay.

Watertail's voice from below made Wolffang's large, notched ear prick. He turned so he could see the large tom - unusually soft-bodied for a WindClan cat - speak about his findings. He was glad to hear Watertail sounding more confident, even if what he'd observed was fairly obvious. There's nothing wrong with being disturbed by such a finding, but in the end, warriors must perform these grim tasks for the sake of our Clan. Weak warriors meant a weak Clan. Wolffang gave Watertail an encouraging nod before turning back and continuing his search.

Yet there was still nothing. Wolffang lashed his tipless tail in frustration, his frown deepening and irritation lighting sparks in his eyes. Watertail had pointed out that the corpse had been here for a while, but had it been long enough for the scent to disappear? It's also damp here. Most scents would wash away quickly. Making this a good place for a murder. Wolffang's pelt prickled.

Halfflower's voice made Wolffang's head shoot up. Flower found something! Pawprints, it seemed. Wolffang hurried over; Watertail was already there. Batglare and Leechscar were nowhere to be seen. They must've already headed to Starry Meadow. Curling his lip to drive away the dead cat's smell, Wolffang observed the pawprint Halfflower had discovered. Watertail observed that they weren't fresh and that there were trampled twigs near the left side of the body. Wolffang glanced toward the awfully bloated corpse, and sure enough, they were. "Good find," he praised the pair. "Do the pawprints or the twigs have a scent?" Without waiting for them to respond, he leaned down and sniffed them. His heart sank in disappointment. He'd been half-expecting it, but it wasn't any less disheartening to discover that there was no smell other than water and death.

The twigs yielded the same result. Returning to the others, Wolffang sighed, "Nothing. I'll do a bit more sniffing around, but I doubt it'll do much good. We should carry it to Starry Meadow as soon as we can. It's been here long enough; no need to leave it here to attract more predators." Somehow, it felt wrong saying it. This was a cat, not a rabbit. But Wolffang didn't know what else to call the corpse. He climbed back to where he'd been and did some more searching, but the results turned up the same: Nothing. He went back to the body. Biting back a wave of nausea and revulsion, he touched his nose to the wet, stinking corpse. It caved easily, so he kept the pressure light.

I pray that you weren't one of our Clanmates, present or missing. But even if you weren't, I hope you find peace, wherever you are.

Then he leaned back and wiped his nose with one huge, broad paw. There was nothing more he or anyone else could do for this nameless, unrecognizable cat except give it a proper burial. It was sad, but Wolffang didn't let his grief consume him. He didn't know who this was. He had other duties to attend to.

@Choi-San~Spookyteez (Watertail) (Thank you! Believe it or not, he used to be the opposite of a sweetheart, lol. ) @the.lemon.witch (Halfflower) @Undertaker (Leechscar) @Moonraven (Batglare)

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!
Old October 21st, 2023, 09:56 PM
ATEEZ Seonghwa is FOINE

@the.lemon.witch @Tac Nyan @Undertaker @Moonraven
(OwO Really? He seems so cute ><)

Watertail saw Wolffangs encouraging nod and leapt down to join him once he sniffed around the broken twigs for another moment. He brushed pelts briefly with the tom to show his gratitude as he looked at the pawprints. Giving his soft, fluffy pelt a shake he started to look behind the paw-prints. "Theres 2 slices in this thick branch over here, they look to long and clean to have been made by the water of nature itself. It might have been a cat." he meowed suddenly, his voice was soft as he sniffed around and looked at Wolffang for him to check, had Watertail done something good? He had found something so hopefully he did.

All Watertail truly wanted to do was run into Wheattail's soft embrace and cuddle into her soft fur, hear her soft and soothing purrs. Watertail hated this but knew he had to do it for his clan and to solve this mystery, or at least try. Watertail knew this would scar him a small bit inside as it reminded him of how basically his entire family died. Sniffing the air Watertail stiffened. Was there stale cat scent? No...there couldn't be. Watertail shook it off and decided to only tell if he sniffed it out again. Shaking his fluffy ear to check for sounds he looked at Wolffang with a sudden pang of loss in his belly, he reminded him so much of his brother, comforting him. The sadness and grief filled face appeared for another long and sad moment.

Watertail sniffed around for more scents and gazed for markings, the only other he announced was ripped leaves near the assumed claw marks he had found previously. Was there a fight? Did the cat slip and tumble? There was some scattered rocks but they looked all to natural to be trampled on by a cat. Sighing the large and soft tom looked up, "Could someone check in the actual water? I don't know if somecat already did but maybe theres traces in the water? Fur. broken claws floating around, scratch marks under the water. Trampled on plants." he meowed, if the cat had been pushed or held under the water there would have been a struggle. The water wasn't so deep that scratch marks would be covered, it would take moons for them to cover over fully, and plants that were touched in any sort of way wouldn't go unnoticed.

- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here

Last edited by SeonghwasBunnyEars; October 21st, 2023 at 09:56 PM.
Old October 24th, 2023, 09:17 PM
Hey, who's the new guy?

Status: Well, that was another easy adventure for Spider-Man! -explosion-

Quote:
~ WOLFFANG OF WINDCLAN ~

Large, muscular, dappled gray tom with light cream-gray fluff covering the front of his neck and chest; amber eyes.

Wolffang felt a pang of sympathy as Watertail lifted his head to look at him. The pain in the other warrior's eyes, the grief, was so strong that it seemed to bore into Wolffang's soul. But that sad smile, the unspoken thank you, tugged at his heartstrings in a way he didn't expect. This is what being a Clan is all about: Supporting our Clanmates, even in the worst of times. Wolffang dipped his broad head to Watertail and went on his way, trying not to inhale too much of the waterlogged corpse's scent. As he went farther from the carcass, the air became fresher, and he took deep breaths of it, welcoming the cleansing feel as it chased the worst of the sickly sweet odor out of his scent glands.

The grim atmosphere that had chased the patrol here still hung in the air, but it sharpened, like a claw dragged against stone, into concentration. Wolffang's eyes narrowed, amber slits that flashed against the solid gray fur on his face. He hardly registered the gross sensation of mud squelching under his pads and squeezing beneath his toes. Wolffang took a deep breath, his stomach roiling as the wind brought a trace of the corpse back to his tongue, and focused on the other scents surrounding him. Mud, stone, wet grass, moss... Nothing out of the ordinary except for the intrusive smell of decay.

Watertail's voice from below made Wolffang's large, notched ear prick. He turned so he could see the large tom - unusually soft-bodied for a WindClan cat - speak about his findings. He was glad to hear Watertail sounding more confident, even if what he'd observed was fairly obvious. There's nothing wrong with being disturbed by such a finding, but in the end, warriors must perform these grim tasks for the sake of our Clan. Weak warriors meant a weak Clan. Wolffang gave Watertail an encouraging nod before turning back and continuing his search.

Yet there was still nothing. Wolffang lashed his tipless tail in frustration, his frown deepening and irritation lighting sparks in his eyes. Watertail had pointed out that the corpse had been here for a while, but had it been long enough for the scent to disappear? It's also damp here. Most scents would wash away quickly. Making this a good place for a murder. Wolffang's pelt prickled.

Halfflower's voice made Wolffang's head shoot up. Flower found something! Pawprints, it seemed. Wolffang hurried over; Watertail was already there. Batglare and Leechscar were nowhere to be seen. They must've already headed to Starry Meadow. Curling his lip to drive away the dead cat's smell, Wolffang observed the pawprint Halfflower had discovered. Watertail observed that they weren't fresh and that there were trampled twigs near the left side of the body. Wolffang glanced toward the awfully bloated corpse, and sure enough, they were. "Good find," he praised the pair. "Do the pawprints or the twigs have a scent?" Without waiting for them to respond, he leaned down and sniffed them. His heart sank in disappointment. He'd been half-expecting it, but it wasn't any less disheartening to discover that there was no smell other than water and death.

The twigs yielded the same result. Returning to the others, Wolffang sighed, "Nothing. I'll do a bit more sniffing around, but I doubt it'll do much good. We should carry it to Starry Meadow as soon as we can. It's been here long enough; no need to leave it here to attract more predators." Somehow, it felt wrong saying it. This was a cat, not a rabbit. But Wolffang didn't know what else to call the corpse. He climbed back to where he'd been and did some more searching, but the results turned up the same: Nothing. He went back to the body. Biting back a wave of nausea and revulsion, he touched his nose to the wet, stinking corpse. It caved easily, so he kept the pressure light.

I pray that you weren't one of our Clanmates, present or missing. But even if you weren't, I hope you find peace, wherever you are.

Then he leaned back and wiped his nose with one huge, broad paw. There was nothing more he or anyone else could do for this nameless, unrecognizable cat except give it a proper burial. It was sad, but Wolffang didn't let his grief consume him. He didn't know who this was. He had other duties to attend to.

@Choi-San~Spookyteez (Watertail) (Thank you! Believe it or not, he used to be the opposite of a sweetheart, lol. ) @the.lemon.witch (Halfflower) @Undertaker (Leechscar) @Moonraven (Batglare)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choi-San~Spookyteez View Post
@the.lemon.witch @Tac Nyan @Undertaker @Moonraven
(OwO Really? He seems so cute ><)

Watertail saw Wolffangs encouraging nod and leapt down to join him once he sniffed around the broken twigs for another moment. He brushed pelts briefly with the tom to show his gratitude as he looked at the pawprints. Giving his soft, fluffy pelt a shake he started to look behind the paw-prints. "Theres 2 slices in this thick branch over here, they look to long and clean to have been made by the water of nature itself. It might have been a cat." he meowed suddenly, his voice was soft as he sniffed around and looked at Wolffang for him to check, had Watertail done something good? He had found something so hopefully he did.

All Watertail truly wanted to do was run into Wheattail's soft embrace and cuddle into her soft fur, hear her soft and soothing purrs. Watertail hated this but knew he had to do it for his clan and to solve this mystery, or at least try. Watertail knew this would scar him a small bit inside as it reminded him of how basically his entire family died. Sniffing the air Watertail stiffened. Was there stale cat scent? No...there couldn't be. Watertail shook it off and decided to only tell if he sniffed it out again. Shaking his fluffy ear to check for sounds he looked at Wolffang with a sudden pang of loss in his belly, he reminded him so much of his brother, comforting him. The sadness and grief filled face appeared for another long and sad moment.

Watertail sniffed around for more scents and gazed for markings, the only other he announced was ripped leaves near the assumed claw marks he had found previously. Was there a fight? Did the cat slip and tumble? There was some scattered rocks but they looked all to natural to be trampled on by a cat. Sighing the large and soft tom looked up, "Could someone check in the actual water? I don't know if somecat already did but maybe theres traces in the water? Fur. broken claws floating around, scratch marks under the water. Trampled on plants." he meowed, if the cat had been pushed or held under the water there would have been a struggle. The water wasn't so deep that scratch marks would be covered, it would take moons for them to cover over fully, and plants that were touched in any sort of way wouldn't go unnoticed.

--

Half'flower watched as everything happened around her. WaterTail eventually asked to look under water and her stomach squirmed. Flower'd swam before just not recently. She took a deep breath and glanced around. "I can slip under and check!" She purred and looked at her clanmates.

--

[Up to you guys whether flower struggles or not. I don't wanna create some un-needed plot thing! ]

My Pronoun Page

BlueberryPaw - LilyLeaf
Old November 18th, 2023, 07:26 PM
Help me

Bump Policy: 1 week if my mood is busy, 4 days if not, 2 days if time sensitive. If i'm on hiatus, do not bump me
My Mood: Busy

✿°(•∘ɷ∘•)°✿
Springpaw - she/her - AMAB
post 14
Active Purrks: none

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━
Time to head out, right? Okay, sooo Twilight falls...Uhh where was that again? She didn't know so she totally did not ask a random cat for directions because the warriors weren't really moving. Okay it's right ove rthere then! "Okay, we should probably go now!" she mewed, before starting to move her paws at the direction given to her; She was sure that the warriors were right behind her! One, two, one, two! Andddd she made it! They walk there itself was really cool as well, first time she's been in the territory! It even made her go 'wow'! And Twilight falls itself was beautiful. She never saw a waterfall before so that's part of her excitement! How do these things form?? Where should she check first?? It was uh...sorrel right? The thingy thingy that makes you Hungry hungry? Basal leaves....uh...yea she can look for that. Similar to burnet and daisy but not focusing on the flowers. Well she didn't know what a burnet was either but oh well! She can still look for it! It should be somewhere right here right? She sniffed around and looked around, though getting a bit distrated by that waterfall over there. Anyway, this shouldn't take a lot time if she focus. This place is just so cool, wondering if you can swim in it too. That'll be like the riverclanners! Does anyone in windclan know how to swim? Well Spring sure didn't though. Wonder if there's any fish in there....but they weren't here for fish, they were here for sorrel! Sorrel...that's an interesting name! She keeps wondering who came up with names for herbs...must be a reallyyyy smart cat!
╰─▸ ❝ @Maro [Blizzardfur] @paris [Bluebellflurry] Posting a starter here for us! Hope that's fine!

groareroraqreoroar - dino
ghostie wuz herez

Last edited by Minkuu; November 22nd, 2023 at 01:34 AM.