by dino.
Last post by Luminous
Today 03:19 AM

Old September 18th, 2018, 02:26 PM
the tale of six.

Bump Policy: do not bump.
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

sunlight, or what was visible of sunlight, filtered through the leaves of thunderclan's forestry. the faint rays fell upon a small form curled up over a stump, his face covered by the lengthy fur of his tail. this feline, former deputy powdernose, was asleep, a simple lump of siamese fur over his 'secret' hiding spot-- the stump of a fallen tree. his fur fluttered in a dancing breeze, sending silky strands in the opposite direction of what they once were.
as greenleaf gradually began to fade into leaf-fall, powdernose wanted to enjoy what was left of the warmth while he could. of course, his pelt grew to be quite thick during the colder times, but he did not enjoy sleeping out in the open; especially when it was snowing. powdernose did not manage well with snow.
and yet, he had to admit-- he had come out here not only to bask in the calm warmth of the territory, but to run from the guilt of which he felt within the camp. the tensions that had risen so high up. so soon before peace broke and a fight exploded among the clans, powdernose had stepped from his deputy position to focus on his mental health. and now that caliaflame was missing, passionstar was left alone in his duties, with no deputy or medicine cat to stand beside him. powdernose wondered why passionstar was taking so long to find a deputy-- surely there was a much more suitable successor than he had been, easy to find and out in the open, ready to be chosen. but he pushed aside those thoughts, attempting to frighten away the guilt he felt for leaving his friend to lead the clan alone.
soon, the siamese's eyes flickered open, crystal blue gaze coming to focus on the trees around him. he stood and stretched, giving a low purr as he felt a satisfying pop. his tail waved from side to side before he sat upright and began to groom himself; forever holding the need for cleanliness. powdernose relished the short moments he had after waking up, feeling truly at peace as his worries were washed aside. however, the heavy sense of dread began to trickle into his good mood short after, leaving the tom with his usual feelings of shame, anxiousness, and laziness.
as always.

[[ open. ]]

the tale of six
has come to an end.

ameko ♥
Old September 20th, 2018, 07:12 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine View Post
Oaktail flinched slightly, startled out his muse. Green eyes shot open as he turned his head to look at the owner of the voice. Just my luck! he thought, supressing the embarrassment he felt at being caught. By a former loner, no less! He should be an example. A sigh escaped his lips as he waited for her to approach. "Yes, it is." he finally mummured in agreement, with a quick glance around him.
One ear flicked back when she spoke again. Of course I want to be alone! Why do you think I was sitting out here.. Alone! is what he wanted to say, but he bit it back. She didn't mean any harm. He decided it was best to change the subject.
"Actually, " he said, shifting his gaze from the she-cat to the small opening. "I was about to go on a short patrol myself. You're welcome to come along, though. Safety in numbers, right?" He glanced back at her, waiting for a response. In all honesty, he doubted any danger would come upon him. Hardly ever did, as a matter of fact. But he didn't want to be completely rude by sending her off.
@~Wishing Well~
Manglepetal looked at the tom with her good eye, senseing the negative vibe coming from the tom. She noticed that Oaktail might've wanted to be alone. "No Thanks i wouldn't want to disturb you. I can see that you might want to be alone. Im sorry." the molly meowed. Mangleptal began to walk away with her tail dragging on the ground and her good ear rested on her head in embarrassment.

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do

Old September 21st, 2018, 04:11 AM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: ThunderClan Training Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

The silver tomcat lowered his ears, understanding what his mentor was saying. His mother had always told him he didn’t have patience. As did Caliaflame, his best friend, whom was like an older sister to him. He’d only met his half-brother, Sparrowstream, once, and he had seen how much better of a cat Sparrowstream was than him. Jaggedpaw knew he was rash, and hard to handle, and that he could be rude, but he never thought about it in the moment. Though oftentimes, Jaggedpaw wished that he had followed more in his brother’s pawsteps. But then again, maybe he was the way he was because he never had a father or a brother around to teach him how to be a “good cat.” Passionstar was the closest thing Jaggedpaw had to a father figure. And I just keep disappointing him... But again, it was the thing that he lived in the moment, and regretted his actions later. At Passionstar’s next words, Jaggedpaw nodded, a slight movement from his head. He knew that training should be more serious than he took it, but he couldn’t help that he wanted to sometimes relive his kit moons, with Passionstar as a father for him. A father he never had. ”I understand.” He meowed, his voice even but bland, hiding any emotion swirling in his head.

Jaggedpaw’s ears flicked up in surprise though as Passionstar told him he reminded him of himself. His green eyes sparking with disbelief, he looked at his mentor. ”I don’t believe it... I hope you’re not saying that just to make me feel better.” He meowed, the flicker of a smile on his face again. As Passionstar advised him about his seriousness again, the tomcat flicked his tail, his eyes deep in thought. ”Yeah, I understand....” After a moment the tomcat lifted his head again, looking at his mentor straight in the eye. ”But I can’t exactly help that I live in the moment.”
The bottom line was that Jaggedpaw was such a goofball that wanted to have the world in his grasp, just to control it. Too bad life didn't work that way, and when it came to teaching, Passionstar always had his own ways of making sure his apprentice learned. He failed his first apprentice, and he'd never let go of the fact that he lost her to the thunderpath, but he had faith in this immature tom. Jaggedpaw looked to be somewhat understanding him, or he was just trying to block his words out because he didn't feel like hearing Passionstar address his flaws. Normally, Passionstar would entertain Jaggedpaw and his games. Laugh with him, and try to outwit the younger tom as he mostly does. In a way, Jaggedpaw was helping Passionstar to grow as well. ''Oh, no, no, no. I really was. Probably the most terrible kit alive.'' Passionstar's tail propelled behind him, followed by a deep chuckle. ''As a kit, I used to purposely get dirty all the time, just to have my momma snap on me because getting me clean was pretty ridiculous. Other times, I just did things out of spite, just to have my parents scold me. And, I always had my partner in crime there with me...'' Passionstar inhaled a breath, just a little happy about the fond memories. He was a troublemaker as a kit, and with Flamekit at his side, then everything was perfect, for certain. Too bad things didn't stay that way, and Passionstar was still blinded by the fact about how the one cat he looked up to growing up had been a tyrant instead of a hero. ''I was a pretty respectable apprentice. I worked hard. Became a little know it all, and kinda liked to quiz my mentor on things he was teaching me.'' He chuckled, shaking his head as he brought up a paw to gently lick it and run it over his head for a moment.

After a small while, he got up, shaking his pelt. Battle techniques would have to wait... ''Alright, kit,'' He exclaimed, starting to walk away and he gestured with his tail for Jaggedpaw to follow him. ''We're gonna do a bit of practice. And, whatever it is, you cannot complain about it. If you do, then we're gonna continue doing this exercise, got that?'' He threw back at the tom, staring at him quizzically to test him. Passionstar put his nose to the ground, scrambling to the nearest tree, only to snatch up two leaves in his mouth before laying them down at Jaggedpaw's paws. ''You see, Jaggedpaw. These two leaves are different. I want you to study them, and I want you to tell me what you notice the difference in them are.'' Passionstar directed, sitting down to wrap his tail around his paws. His expression was just a little amusing.

Old September 21st, 2018, 03:54 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

@king kaleb!

At first blueberrytuft had sent herself out on a hunting patrol, contemplating sticking by the shadowclan border as they seemed the least hostile at the moment. Aside from thunderclan of course. The small she cat leapt nimbly over a rotting log landing on the soaked grass, nearly slipping and loosing her grip. She had to admit she was kinda short, sometimes it helped fitting into places but getting from here to there was certainly a struggle at times. She would trip on things others wouldn’t or get caught in belly high snow. It was a struggle sometimes but honestly she wasn’t too bothered. The blueish brown she cat slipped down into a small ravine, at first slowing down her movements to avoid tumbling headfirst. As she extended her forepaw she felt the familiar sting of broken flesh on her shoulder, gritting her teeth against the pain of fresh wounds.

A few shallow bite marks scathed her sides and belly. Long jagged tracks down her muzzle and shoulders left by claws. They weren’t as big as some other injuries she had observed from the battle, in fact they seemed pretty insignificant compared to them. She was actually kinda proud she came out of the loathsome battle with few marks, in her eyes she had done a beautiful job at protecting herself. Not to mention a few nasty blows she had dealt to shadowclan or some windclan warriors. A few skyclan warrior thrown into the mix as well. The she cat managed to clamber back out of the ravine slipping slightly on loose pebbles at first before hauling herself over the edge back onto flat ground with a content nod. She outta get to hunting though, the sun seemed to be dancing along the horizon spreading long shadows as it mirrored the trees. Lifting her eyes for a fleeting moment to watch before setting off through the underbrush. Picking up a steady pace as she wove her way around the thicket eventually making her way into a clear and slowing herself down, paws making barely any noise against the earth as she walked.

Now. Let’s see who’s out here. she dropped into a hunters crouch slinking along cautiously, gaze focused and ears perked up for the slightest noise.

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old September 22nd, 2018, 12:08 PM
that quiet one

@~Wishing Well~

Oaktail listened, a little pained and slightly annoyed with himself, as she quickly refused. Hadn't he tried to be nice? Usually he would have let her leave, but he noticed the embarrassed manner she retreated with. He might be a bit crude, but he'd never intentionally embarrass someone.. Well, not without good reason at least. The tom sat there for a moment, tail twitching, a little uncertain as to what he should do. His chest tightened with a hint of anxiety. She'd be gone in a moment and then he'd never make it up to her.
Sighing, Oaktail stood and ran to catch up with her. "I apologize if I've done anything rude! It wasn't intentional!" He panted out. Impulsively, he added. "I meant it about the patrol. You can come if you'd like?" Inwardly, he cringed. He hoped he wasn't being awkward or embarassing her further. I really need to practice being social..

character sitefinder
i am offline mon.-wed. every week!

Last edited by Sum; September 22nd, 2018 at 12:09 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2018, 07:14 PM
Something or Other

My Mood: Doh

@Teza

The morning had been brisk, windy and unruly as it usually was for leaf-fall, before the true cold came over the clans. The trees swayed in the wind, leaves falling solemnly to the ground, as though resigned to their fate of being trampled. The sky was darkened by a cloud formation passing by the sun, casting shadows over the ThunderClan forest. It created an almost eerie chill run from one place to another. It was shocking how quickly a bright, sunny day, filled with the chirps of thrushes and finches could suddenly turn to the dreary one that it was. Just because there was a ghostly feel that had settled upon the oak trees, it didn't mean that training of the future warriors was relinquished. Leaves crackled underpaw, and bushes groaned as the two cats moved through them. Burnetsky was in the lead, her tail flicking, and her bright emerald eyes focused distantly on her paws. As she went, she counted her paw steps, keeping track of how far from the camp they were. And just as expected, the mentor and apprentice came across a clearing, where the trees gave way to the clouded sky, where one could see the trees reach up higher and higher. Thick bushes of thistles guarded the clearing like sentinels, with a thin layer of orange and red leaves coating the ground.

Burnetsky turned on her heel to face her new apprentice, her chest fur fluffed in pride. When she had become an apprentice so long ago, she had memorized out of habit how far each place was from the clearing; it was subtle though, and no one ever seemed to notice how much effort Burnetsky had taken into her warriorship. Shaking her head softly, her stout ears pinned against her head, Burnetsky sighed. "So," she started softly, her head bowed in a submissive fashion, "Ravenpaw... Ravenpaw, for our first time out, though, though mentors typically give their apprentices the tour of the territory, we won't." For a moment, she let that hang in the air, thinking quietly to herself as she pressed her paw through the thin blanket of leaves nervously, almost anxiously. "We will instead be learning, learning the Warrior Code." The warrior code was the base to everything that the clans stood for; it was what set them apart from the typical loners or rogues. They were special, as StarClan had chosen their ancestors to lead a different life, one where they would have a purpose for living. That's how the young warrior saw it, at least.

Last edited by Brunch; September 22nd, 2018 at 07:17 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2018, 08:10 PM
Friendly Coyote

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
@Teza

The morning had been brisk, windy and unruly as it usually was for leaf-fall, before the true cold came over the clans. The trees swayed in the wind, leaves falling solemnly to the ground, as though resigned to their fate of being trampled. The sky was darkened by a cloud formation passing by the sun, casting shadows over the ThunderClan forest. It created an almost eerie chill run from one place to another. It was shocking how quickly a bright, sunny day, filled with the chirps of thrushes and finches could suddenly turn to the dreary one that it was. Just because there was a ghostly feel that had settled upon the oak trees, it didn't mean that training of the future warriors was relinquished. Leaves crackled underpaw, and bushes groaned as the two cats moved through them. Burnetsky was in the lead, her tail flicking, and her bright emerald eyes focused distantly on her paws. As she went, she counted her paw steps, keeping track of how far from the camp they were. And just as expected, the mentor and apprentice came across a clearing, where the trees gave way to the clouded sky, where one could see the trees reach up higher and higher. Thick bushes of thistles guarded the clearing like sentinels, with a thin layer of orange and red leaves coating the ground.

Burnetsky turned on her heel to face her new apprentice, her chest fur fluffed in pride. When she had become an apprentice so long ago, she had memorized out of habit how far each place was from the clearing; it was subtle though, and no one ever seemed to notice how much effort Burnetsky had taken into her warriorship. Shaking her head softly, her stout ears pinned against her head, Burnetsky sighed. "So," she started softly, her head bowed in a submissive fashion, "Ravenpaw... Ravenpaw, for our first time out, though, though mentors typically give their apprentices the tour of the territory, we won't." For a moment, she let that hang in the air, thinking quietly to herself as she pressed her paw through the thin blanket of leaves nervously, almost anxiously. "We will instead be learning, learning the Warrior Code." The warrior code was the base to everything that the clans stood for; it was what set them apart from the typical loners or rogues. They were special, as StarClan had chosen their ancestors to lead a different life, one where they would have a purpose for living. That's how the young warrior saw it, at least.
Ravenpaw stood there with a blank expression on his face. He had hoped that they would get to see the territory as the other apprentices did, but obviously, that wasn't about to happen. He still made no movement other than following his new mentor. She seemed nervous. Was he her first apprentice? Surely not, but the dark cat could easily see how the warrior could have never had an apprentice before. She was quiet and didn't really seem to fit in with the hustle and bustle of everyday clan life. Maybe that was just Ravenpaw not noticing her until now, maybe it wasn't. He'd never know.

His ears twitched and he stole a glance around the area. Once his mentor had finished speaking, the trans-cat took his opportunity to ask a simple question. "Alright, but where are we if we aren't touring the territory? Wouldn't it be important to know that?" His tone wasn't mean in the slightest, but it was easy to tell he was agitated about not getting to see the territory right off the bad as the other apprentices did. "I get that the warrior code is important, Burnetsky, but how do you expect me to help protect it and Thunderclan if I can't find my way from camp to wherever we are?"
Old September 22nd, 2018, 08:44 PM
Something or Other

My Mood: Doh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teza View Post

Ravenpaw stood there with a blank expression on his face. He had hoped that they would get to see the territory as the other apprentices did, but obviously, that wasn't about to happen. He still made no movement other than following his new mentor. She seemed nervous. Was he her first apprentice? Surely not, but the dark cat could easily see how the warrior could have never had an apprentice before. She was quiet and didn't really seem to fit in with the hustle and bustle of everyday clan life. Maybe that was just Ravenpaw not noticing her until now, maybe it wasn't. He'd never know.

His ears twitched and he stole a glance around the area. Once his mentor had finished speaking, the trans-cat took his opportunity to ask a simple question. "Alright, but where are we if we aren't touring the territory? Wouldn't it be important to know that?" His tone wasn't mean in the slightest, but it was easy to tell he was agitated about not getting to see the territory right off the bad as the other apprentices did. "I get that the warrior code is important, Burnetsky, but how do you expect me to help protect it and Thunderclan if I can't find my way from camp to wherever we are?"
Burnetsky's ears were perked, and her tail twitched nervously. This was her first apprentice, and she had seen all the arrogant cats come from the improper training; cats who didn't care for the Warrior Code, Burnetsky would not-- could not-- let this happen to Ravenpaw. He was a respectful young tom in Burnetsky's eyes. Outspoken to a degree, as well as smart; she could see it in the apprentice's eyes. Burnetsky's mouth dried up and her eyes burned though as the thought of confrontation came to her mind. She didn't want to start out badly with her first apprentice. With a small nod, she turned to Ravenpaw, her yellow-green eyes narrowed in an almost angry way, though anyone could tell by her sleek posture, and her lowered head that it was not the case. Oh sweet StarClan... StarClan this cat has so many questions! The warrior thought with a final look of anguish at her apprentice before starting.

"Well," she began, looking up at the sky that reflected her mood, "first, we are only..." she trailed off as she thought, her brow furrowed in concentration, "Forty-five fox-lengths to the right of camp... Camp... Oh!" Burnetsky said with a surprised look, "It's called the Training Grounds, sorry for not mentioning."

With an angry glance prominent on her features, Bunretsky looked at Ravenpaw. What he had said implied disrespect, and Burnetsky, though many times she was, wasn't going to be a doormat to this cat. "And I hope that you will be more respectful to the, the elders when you're cleaning them of ticks in the future." Her tail swished with pride; she felt like she was truly handling the situation of her apprentice quite nicely. "I expect you to defend ThunderClan... ThunderClan, by knowing how, the territory, but I don't think that the tour isn't what we need right now." Burnetsky's head bowed in apology. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully he will understand. The she-cat nodded once more, "You will learn eventually."

With a flick of her tail to beckon the trans-cat, she went to the far side of the clearing, sitting down once she reached the thick thistle barrier. Turning to face her apprentice, she inhaled deeply, trying to calm the bubbling of anxiety frothing in her. "Now, the first thing that you need to know, is that the Warrior Code is what sets us apart from rogues and loners; StarClan gave it to us for some form of honor." She let that sit in the air, waiting for the young tom to protest against learning the most crucial part of her apprenticeship.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 04:01 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine View Post

@~Wishing Well~

Oaktail listened, a little pained and slightly annoyed with himself, as she quickly refused. Hadn't he tried to be nice? Usually he would have let her leave, but he noticed the embarrassed manner she retreated with. He might be a bit crude, but he'd never intentionally embarrass someone.. Well, not without good reason at least. The tom sat there for a moment, tail twitching, a little uncertain as to what he should do. His chest tightened with a hint of anxiety. She'd be gone in a moment and then he'd never make it up to her.
Sighing, Oaktail stood and ran to catch up with her. "I apologize if I've done anything rude! It wasn't intentional!" He panted out. Impulsively, he added. "I meant it about the patrol. You can come if you'd like?" Inwardly, he cringed. He hoped he wasn't being awkward or embarassing her further. I really need to practice being social..
Manglepetal stopped to look at the tom, feeling a little awkward, but didn't show it. She gave her tail a quick flick. "If you don't mind me coming sure i'll go on that patrol." the molly meowed in as less words as possible. Manglepetal never really understood most cats feelings and always just bumped into a conversation with them. She always hated herself for doing that. "So when should we go on the patrol? Should we wait a while?" Manglepetal added.

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do

Old September 24th, 2018, 11:19 PM
Friendly Coyote

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
Burnetsky's ears were perked, and her tail twitched nervously. This was her first apprentice, and she had seen all the arrogant cats come from the improper training; cats who didn't care for the Warrior Code, Burnetsky would not-- could not-- let this happen to Ravenpaw. He was a respectful young tom in Burnetsky's eyes. Outspoken to a degree, as well as smart; she could see it in the apprentice's eyes. Burnetsky's mouth dried up and her eyes burned though as the thought of confrontation came to her mind. She didn't want to start out badly with her first apprentice. With a small nod, she turned to Ravenpaw, her yellow-green eyes narrowed in an almost angry way, though anyone could tell by her sleek posture, and her lowered head that it was not the case. Oh sweet StarClan... StarClan this cat has so many questions! The warrior thought with a final look of anguish at her apprentice before starting.

"Well," she began, looking up at the sky that reflected her mood, "first, we are only..." she trailed off as she thought, her brow furrowed in concentration, "Forty-five fox-lengths to the right of camp... Camp... Oh!" Burnetsky said with a surprised look, "It's called the Training Grounds, sorry for not mentioning."

With an angry glance prominent on her features, Bunretsky looked at Ravenpaw. What he had said implied disrespect, and Burnetsky, though many times she was, wasn't going to be a doormat to this cat. "And I hope that you will be more respectful to the, the elders when you're cleaning them of ticks in the future." Her tail swished with pride; she felt like she was truly handling the situation of her apprentice quite nicely. "I expect you to defend ThunderClan... ThunderClan, by knowing how, the territory, but I don't think that the tour isn't what we need right now." Burnetsky's head bowed in apology. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully he will understand. The she-cat nodded once more, "You will learn eventually."

With a flick of her tail to beckon the trans-cat, she went to the far side of the clearing, sitting down once she reached the thick thistle barrier. Turning to face her apprentice, she inhaled deeply, trying to calm the bubbling of anxiety frothing in her. "Now, the first thing that you need to know, is that the Warrior Code is what sets us apart from rogues and loners; StarClan gave it to us for some form of honor." She let that sit in the air, waiting for the young tom to protest against learning the most crucial part of her apprenticeship.
Ravenpaw nodded his head, his ears standing straight up and his expression unchanging. She seemed to be treating him like he would be disrespectful to her, which was only confirmed by her first words. His ear twitched slightly, waiting for her to be finished speaking before he spoke. It was obvious she thought lowly of the black tom. His tail twitched as well as he sat down, wrapping it around his paws politely.

"Burnetsky, I didn't mean to be disrespectful. I was simply asking a question. I think your reasoning for this choice is correct for lack of a better word. Now, could we get on with the learning?" He didn't really know if he sounded rude or not. If he were being honest, he didn't particularly care. He just wanted to learn as much as he could so he could be made a warrior as soon as possible.