Old September 7th, 2023, 09:59 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Fernpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsander View Post
This might be
a little late, but it's worth a shot if you're still interested, Bear!

If anything, what would you change about Fernpaw?
- > Not a single thing. Fernpaw's whole character contributed to his backstory, he's already wonderfully written and flesh out and I think that changing anything would just totally mess up his whole story. (My opinion anyways.)

What are your thoughts on his story / where would you like to see it go?
- > I wouldn't plan on seeing him go through to becoming deputy or leader, (if he was to become med cat it would be a complete freak situation that that would happen) only because i don't see that would fit in his story so far. As I've read for the past years of Fernpaw's life, with Kestrelstar's and his's relationship turning sour and Kes dying, Eldersky's kits, all the way up to this point where he's missing, he's been through it all. I'd like to see him build up from that, try to prove to not just everyone else but himself that he can thrive, better than what he did before.

Do you plan on trying to rekindle any old relationships, if possible?
- > I do, since you said Wolffang is back and Fallownose is deputy, I'd try to do my best. Knowing that most of his relations are now either dead or that roleplay and/or their character is inactive, I don't see much of his past relationships coming to new light now. I'd definitely try, but we'll see how it goes.

Keeping the power attached to him in mind, what is your reason for his disappearance being so long? (While he can technically be resubmitted, I don't think it makes sense for his character and would prefer a rejoining rp.)
- > I had to sift through old post of your's and others mention or with Fernpaw, and I hadn't found that much to go on.. I would throw this out and say maybe he was out hunting or something by himself and (probably) got lost, nothing to help him find his way home, and he maybe dies because he's slowly getting weaker as he wanders farther from his home, dying a long way's away from WindClan territory, and waking up even farther from his dying spot. I assume it would've taken him a while to find his way back, and even then, get more lost since WindClan had to do some renovation because of the fire and not be able to find his way back as easily as he got lost. Its whatever, just a thought that this could be a reason he was gone for so long, maybe he met others along his way and whatnot.

Create a short roleplay post as Fernpaw. I mostly just want to see how you'd portray him!
- > Had to dig deep to find some examples lmao: wip

He's all yours!

I would personally avoid saying he was lost while hunting, Fern was fully trained and knew WC / a decent amount of the surrounding outskirts fairly well. IMO, it's more likely something killed him (dogs or a SHC cat would make him freeze up) and when he came back to life, then he was lost.
Old September 7th, 2023, 10:01 PM
。。 enjoy the fame

Bump Policy: anytime !!
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: Fernpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
He's all yours!

I would personally avoid saying he was lost while hunting, Fern was fully trained and knew WC / a decent amount of the surrounding outskirts fairly well. IMO, it's more likely something killed him (dogs or a SHC cat would make him freeze up) and when he came back to life, then he was lost.
Makes sense, lol. I'll keep that in mind when I submit him.

slowly dipping my toes back in

character hoard

Star fixed the indents here,♡