Today 04:00 PM
finding our way home
Last post by Bean
Today 03:44 PM
Warrior Name Game
Today 03:43 PM

Old September 6th, 2023, 02:43 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

The giant warrior sighed, shoulders sagging and body drooping at the good news, eyes glistening with relief and unshed tears. The little apprentice would be ok, good good that was so good. At least there was something in the wake of this miserable night. After a shuddering breath the warrior managed a wane grin at the medicine cat.
"Yeah- yeah I have a plan for tonight at least. I dont think Bumblestar is dealing with any of this until morning at least, and I dunno if shes doin it at all in a way that.... works. But Im not gonna let the apprentices that trust me sleep in the same den as that monster. I cant convince those that dont know me, how can they trust a warrior (especially one as big and scarred as me) of a clan which creates something like that but..... Drizzle theyre so scared. Theyre terrified of him, of what hes done and will do, what the other clans will do to us now, and theyre scared Bumblestar will just let this go. I dont know what to say to them she didnt say much of anything at the gathering......"
A tear dropped even as the strained trembling smile remained. Mudhound wanted to trust their sister so so bad but they just didnt know. It was all too much.

"Im gonna let them sleep in my nest. I dunno if that allowed but if Alderstep complains Ill pick him up and toss him out of the den if I need to." They hesitated a beat, two, before looking at the other molly with large golden pleading eyes. "Can I send him to you if he tries to kick them out. He has to listen to you, even leaders have to listen to medicine cats. If- if we went to Bumble-sis about the clans feelings on this they even she would have to listen!" The wind was robbed from the tripods sails quickly due to exhaustion. "The little-ones cant be afraid of their own den forever. The clan cant be afraid of our numbers forever either..... I- Maybe not tonight but maybe later?"

Mudhound mightve said more before Ghostpaw shifted and so the focus did. The little molly shifting was good, and the maine coon mix was about to cheer before the movement revealed wounds. The warrior gasped, leaning down to shift fur away and show off the old untreated injuries. "Oh starclan. I didnt know these were here! I promise Drizzlecloud I didnt know these were here, is Ghostpaw gonna be ok, these look bad!"

@Omari @Starfinder
Old September 6th, 2023, 06:05 AM
Halloqueen

Bump Policy: 1-2 days. I have been SUPER busy with school, so sorry if I don't respond quickly!
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares View Post
• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
Purrks: Herbal Knowledge - Tier 1 | The Collector [active] | Mind Reader [active]

Doing her own thing in her free time was… fine, but it was also quite difficult to stay in one place without feeling the need to try to get up and find something to do. Shuffling her paws around, Springpaw couldn’t help but feel stuck or preoccupied with her spot in the den that she had practically already felt like she was going to lose her marbles the longer that she lingered there… wait, what did that even mean? Oh well, it’s not like she was going to find out anyways. Oriental-shaped ears swerved towards the entrance as blue hues watched as two tiny kits hobbled into the den, the calico quick to notice that one of them in particular was injured. Well, it wasn’t often that they had any kit patients, and it didn’t seem that this one was going to be considerably very gruesome. Then again, it wasn’t hard to remember the mangled pelts of both Cloudykit and Pikekit as the two tom-kits streaked across her mind, making her lips curl into a frown. Those two were in entirely horrible shape when they were brought to the den. Hopefully they won’t have to experience such trauma like that again… stars it was horrible. A tiny, squeaky voice echoed through her ears and Springpaw turned her head towards the direction of the young tom-kit who spoke, noticing the concern and worry that laced his voice as he asked for help. Well, it seemed like a kit was in need of a check-up, and Springpaw was willing to do it. “I’ll go ahead and help him if you wish,” she explained, trudging her way towards the duo of kits as she silently scanned the two, eying Lilackit’s injured paw that she was keen on noticing that no pressure was being applied on it. “What in the world happened to your paw, Lilackit?” Springpaw questioned, kneeling down to get a closer inspection on the paw. Ouch, it looked almost twisted in a way. Poor thing, hopefully it was just a sprain.

Old September 6th, 2023, 02:46 PM
brain dead

Bump Policy: 24 hours (literally whenever idc)
My Mood: Busy

Sparkkit watched the apprentice approach. He looked at Lilackit worriedly. There was a strong feeling inside of him that just wanted to do anything possible to stop the pain she felt. "It looks really bad," he added. "Can you fix her?" He tentatively took a step forward to the other two cats. "I just wanted to..y'know, make sure she was alright. This is her first time outside the nursery, after all."

Credit to the one and only @Cinnamon~
Check this out!- my rp on a wolf pack. Major roles include- General, Alpha, Beta, Gazer, and Healer!

Last edited by Sleek; September 6th, 2023 at 02:47 PM.
Old September 7th, 2023, 06:17 AM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

@Omari
Dreampaw's breathing grew heavier as Drizzlecloud applied her herbs to his paw, only for the lavender to seep in his throat again and calm him. Repeat.

At last, the medicine cat finished her job, and told the light-brown apprentice that he could rest now. "Thank-ks," he managed to mew, then was immediately cast from consciousness. Her warmer pelt was comforting, his paw dulled.

Dreampaw opened his eyes and looked about him. Autumn leaves scattered the ground around him, hues of red and orange and brown almost making it look like it was on fire. In the sky, the sun and stars existed in unison. A pong, clearer than air and surrounded by those curious cattails, but this one was only ankle deep. The Cat stood there, in the sparkling water, its colourless pelt smooth and soft as rabbit fur. "Hello Dreampaw. Welcome back." Dreampaw smiled at it, and the smile was reflected on his sleeping face.

//Thank you, Omariiiiii!

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch

Old September 7th, 2023, 07:34 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
Purrks: Herbal Knowledge - Tier 1 | The Collector [active] | Mind Reader [active]

You’ve gotta admit, having time to yourself is fun, but sometimes it can just get too boring and quickly become something that you would wish would go away. Springpaw was currently in that state of mind; the calico was currently procrastinating within the deeper depths of the den and silently reorganizing the herbs for approximately the eleventh time in a row at the given moment. She already knew what each of them did and how they worked, even if there was a couple that she didn’t have a single snippet of an idea of what those weird yellowbells did. Were those yellowbells or were they called blooms? Whichever, it didn’t matter. Springpaw was busy reorganizing the herb storage and trying to contemplate for ideas how to decorate the rather boring atmosphere that decorated the dimly lit den. Could she and Drizzlecloud go out and collect some flowers to help make it pop out more than it already did? Definitely, they could also collect any potential feathers that’ll be scattered along the depths of the forest floor, which was already starting to show signs of seasonal change due to the drastically reduced changes in temperature. It was starting to turn rather chilly in the early mornings, and she knew well enough that it was going to make any potential herb patrols more and more difficult as time went on. It was going to mean that some herbal necesites were going to become scarce and that was going to be a problem. Sure, Coldamber had mentioned that some herbs did well surviving in the cold depths of leaf-bare, but what if they don’t?

The thought stuck to her like a leech, sucking away at her consciousness and dreading the worrisome into her system. Lips pursing and tail whisking, the medicine apprentice shuffled her paws around as she tried to distract herself against the thought. Leaf-bare wasn’t until only a few months away, they should hold up till then, right? Stifling a sigh, the calico molly craned her head towards the entrance of the den as she listened to someone upon entering. Ah, yes, another patient to look at. Finally something that can distract her from her succumbing mindset and give her a chance to think about something else than the dangers of leaf-bare destroying all the herbal resources out in the territory. Lifting herself atop of all fours, the young calico swiftly trudged her way towards the direction of the newcomer, giving the molly in front of her with a quick smile across her lips. “Feathernose,” she greeted, placing herself onto her haunches as she noticed the rather nasty gash that strikes across the older molly’s face, pursing her lips slightly against the sight as her eyes quickly welled up with concern. Gee, what happened to her? “How in the world did that happen, if you don’t mind me asking?” She was eying the wound with a quizzical stare, already reaching a paw over towards the nearest pile of moss to the left of herself to work on getting herself a small moss-ball to clean off the gaping gash along Feathernose’s face.

@Omari [whether if you want to participate or not] @Starfinder

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old September 7th, 2023, 07:56 PM
Queen of allthings SCARY!

Bump Policy: 2-3 days is good
My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares View Post
• Springpaw •

You’ve gotta admit, having time to yourself is fun, but sometimes it can just get too boring and quickly become something that you would wish would go away. Springpaw was currently in that state of mind; the calico was currently procrastinating within the deeper depths of the den and silently reorganizing the herbs for approximately the eleventh time in a row at the given moment. She already knew what each of them did and how they worked, even if there was a couple that she didn’t have a single snippet of an idea of what those weird yellowbells did. Were those yellowbells or were they called blooms? Whichever, it didn’t matter. Springpaw was busy reorganizing the herb storage and trying to contemplate for ideas how to decorate the rather boring atmosphere that decorated the dimly lit den. Could she and Drizzlecloud go out and collect some flowers to help make it pop out more than it already did? Definitely, they could also collect any potential feathers that’ll be scattered along the depths of the forest floor, which was already starting to show signs of seasonal change due to the drastically reduced changes in temperature. It was starting to turn rather chilly in the early mornings, and she knew well enough that it was going to make any potential herb patrols more and more difficult as time went on. It was going to mean that some herbal necesites were going to become scarce and that was going to be a problem. Sure, Coldamber had mentioned that some herbs did well surviving in the cold depths of leaf-bare, but what if they don’t?

The thought stuck to her like a leech, sucking away at her consciousness and dreading the worrisome into her system. Lips pursing and tail whisking, the medicine apprentice shuffled her paws around as she tried to distract herself against the thought. Leaf-bare wasn’t until only a few months away, they should hold up till then, right? Stifling a sigh, the calico molly craned her head towards the entrance of the den as she listened to someone upon entering. Ah, yes, another patient to look at. Finally something that can distract her from her succumbing mindset and give her a chance to think about something else than the dangers of leaf-bare destroying all the herbal resources out in the territory. Lifting herself atop of all fours, the young calico swiftly trudged her way towards the direction of the newcomer, giving the molly in front of her with a quick smile across her lips. “Feathernose,” she greeted, placing herself onto her haunches as she noticed the rather nasty gash that strikes across the older molly’s face, pursing her lips slightly against the sight as her eyes quickly welled up with concern. Gee, what happened to her? “How in the world did that happen, if you don’t mind me asking?” She was eying the wound with a quizzical stare, already reaching a paw over towards the nearest pile of moss to the left of herself to work on getting herself a small moss-ball to clean off the gaping gash along Feathernose’s face.

@Omari [whether if you want to participate or not] @Starfinder

Feathernose shrugged. "Well, if ya wanna know, I was fighting some ShadowClan trespassers with Alderstep, and I think Brokenheart, Rateye, Shypaw and some new aprentice (Ghostpaw). " She lowers herself to the ground. "Alder and Shy looked kinda bad, I hope they've already been here." the warrior searches the den for her two Clanmates, careful to only move her eyes and not her face. Even the slightest movement hurt to the stars. besides, Springpaw was already working on it, and she didn't want to disturb the apprentice's work.

peez help hatche dem tank youze

Links: CLICK ME AND JOIN!
Old September 8th, 2023, 04:17 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud hummed to herself as she nosed about Thunderclan's stock of herbs. She counted out all of the good ones, sorting them neatly in piles. It had been a while since she had made sure that everything was neat and tidy in here, so the herb storage was in a bit of a state of chaos. Once she was happy with her sorting and had counted out all of the herbs, she let out a happy hum before she trotted out of the den.

(Closed post)

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old September 9th, 2023, 01:20 PM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •

It wasn’t hard for the calico to hide the painfully agonizing anguish that dwelled deeply in her heart when she saw how Cloudykit flinched against the cool feeling of the dampened moss press against the open gash that oozed small, barely notable traces of blood along the side of his tiny snow-furred head. Gingerly, she began to gently rub along the open gash to wash away all the traces of blood and bacteria that caked the snow-white fur. God, these poor kits did not deserve to be shoved into this situation, especially with how heavily drastic the states were with all of the clans at the given moment. A heavy pang of shame and empathy poured seamlessly into her system, a frown gradually tugging itself along her lips. Everything had been deemed to just become more and more worse as time passed by; worsening worse and worse as insanity dwelled among her clan. Stars, who knew if it could get as worse to the point where it actually was as big of a problem that her own clan was going to be going into potential war with ShadowClan itself? A silent, elapsed shudder escaped her lips, her careful movements subsiding as her brain began to churn and churn with thought, lapis-blue hues twinkling as her tired brain worked itself to think about the consequences of what was to potentially come to her clan. Her brief moment of thought was quick to be cut off when she was quick to catch a glint of Cloudykit’s deep amber eyes glancing up at her while she worked.

Oh dear, was she accidentally causing more discomfort to the young tom-cat than what he was already experiencing with the wound he had along his head? Lips pursed around the crimson-caked bundle of moss, a meek apology rose up in her throat and grasped the back of her tongue like sharp claws prickling with deathberry juice. She could almost feel the words almost slip out from her jaws unintentionally when she kept her jaws clasped together to keep herself from making any potential foolery for spilling an apology for no apparent reason. The uncomfortable queasiness slowly subsided as she finally noticed the gratitude and understanding pooling his amber depths. She let loose the tightening sensation of her breath slowly slipped from her lips, gradually loosening her lungs from its tight embrace as she she watched the tom-kit lift his head out from being covered by his snow-furred paws, gradually giving the calico a more clear shot of the gnarly gash among his head as pale, unnatural streaks of crimson stained the naturally white fur along his head. Furrowing her brows, the molly moved the moss carefully towards the bloodied spot and washed off the blood that stained the area, small trickles of dulled water droplets slid along the side of the tom-cat’s head, landing gracefully onto the green depths of the moss-bed beneath him.

His words preached a sense of gratitude along the molly’s system as she slowly nodded her head in response, being careful not to stray the bundle of moss far too long from the gash so that she could continue to properly cleanse out the area without there risking being any bacterial infection along the area. His words were quick to make her lips curl upwards into a tentative, small smile as she briefly locked her lapis eyes along his amber ones, her own glinting with gratification just as his own did. “It’s my job to tend to others for their physical and mental needs, Cloudykit,” she explained, her voice muffled by the sodden bundle of moss that she had gently clasped in her jaws. As much as Springpaw never was much for speaking about her own personal experiences with being in the nursery, she didn’t lack the nerve to help others tend to that inattentive feeling that constantly bugged them for so long. Especially for Cloudykit’s currently given the matter. His small comment about his head feeling better made a quiet hum expel from Springpaw’s throat, the molly pulling her head back as she examined the temporarily cleaned area. Now, with the area being cleaned, she was going to have to place some marigold and cobwebs into the spot so that it didn’t further risk any potential infection. However, from upon closer inspection, the area didn’t seem that it would require much of both items and only just use a small bit of it. Huh, well, at least not much marigold will be wasted until then.

“Well, your head may feel better now, but you might feel a little bit of stinging when I have to put some marigold into the spot to keep any potential infection from forming. It’s going to hurt for just a little bit, alright? When I put it on you, I’m going to have to ask you to try to imagine the bestest memory that has occurred to you recently. That usually helps me whenever I feel any pain from any sort of incident, and I’m sure that it’ll help you.” She instructed carefully as she placed the sodden, crimson-caked moss-ball to the side, reaching over towards the couple bundles of marigold that she had brought over to Drizzlecloud in order for her mentor to treat the wounded Pikekit. Which, speaking of the other tom-kit, the medicine apprentice couldn’t help but eye the tom-kit carefully as she watched Drizzlecloud tend to his attentive needs. The poor tom-kit still looked terribly frightened from the whole incident that had occurred to him when Songsoot had taken him out of camp. Speaking of the tom-cat, what in the world was Bumblestar going to do to him once Drizzlecloud tells her about the situation that he dragged the kits into? Hopefully he received some sort of severe punishment. It seemed like something that the tom deserved for committing such a ridiculous act in the first place. Stifling and irritable sigh, the calico focusing her attention back towards Cloudykit as she sat down in front of the tom-kit, carefully using a foreclaw to pluck a couple of pedals off from the marigold to chew up into a poultice in order to help disinfect the gash itself.

Her ears swerved upwards when he began speaking again, nimbly answering her question as she began to gather the loose petals closer to herself with a swift of a forepaw, carefully beginning to chew on them as quick and consistent as possible without distracting herself from further listening to the story. His words were merely quick to make her blood run cold. Cloudykit tried to climb a tree? As much as it would be considered an honorable feat, no kit as young as Cloudykit should be climbing a tree until they are approximately six moons old. Not. At. All. She briefly flickered her eyes back up towards him to look at the bloodied paw that had been bleeding momentarily earlier when he entered the den, furthermore making Springpaw purse her lips briefly before focusing back on chewing the petals. So him grabbing a branch with a paw must’ve been the reason why his paw left bloodied tracks within the entrance of the den. Including why it had been gushing out blood like crazy a little earlier. She was going to need to look at that as well whenever she got the initial chance to do so. Humming thoughtfully, the molly carefully pushed the poultice forwards with her tongue and slathered it onto her tongue, her mind concurring with the words that escaped the young tom’s mouth. It sounded quite eventful, but also quite terrifying to say the least. Hopefully he learned his lesson about trying to climb any more trees from now on until he was an apprentice.

“Well, that sounds like it was quite eventful for both you and Pikekit,” she explained, finishing with pushing the poultice onto her paw-pad as she lifted it up in preparation for smearing the poultice onto the gash along the tom-kit’s head. “However, I must ask you to be careful the next time you try to commit stunts like that. It could risk you getting yourself killed the next time you try to climb up a tree. Thankfully, you’ve proven yourself lucky this time and that didn’t happen. Everyone would be absolutely devastated if we lost more cats in the clan than what we have already been going through. All I ask is that you try to be more careful next time, okay? Both you and Pikekit. I know that it wasn’t your fault for any of this happening, and you were really brave for pulling a stunt like that, but please try to stay in camp for the time being… at least until you become an official apprentice and you’ll be shown the opportunity of how to truly climb trees like a ThunderClan warrior. Everyone just wants you and everyone else to be safe.” She explained with a small, somber-like smile, raising her paw over to the gash and carefully pressing it down onto the area. Her ears instinctively pressed in against her head in preparation for any sort of wailing to come off from the tom-kit from her ministering to his wound. “After I finish tending to the gash along your head, I’m going to have to look at your paw, alright? I don’t want to make you have to deal with an injured paw for the rest of the day.”

@Caspian @Ymir @Omari [you are completely fine! take as much time as you need! I also kinda apologize for the lateness in this response, been busy with schoolwork!]

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.

Last edited by iliri; September 9th, 2023 at 01:35 PM.
Old September 9th, 2023, 01:58 PM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •

Well, if Wildtwist wanted an angry Drizzlecloud, then he was gonna get an angry Drizzlecloud. From afar, the loafed calico hazily blinked as she watched the limping form of Wildtwist stagger into the medicine den, her eyes darting towards the paw that the feline hadn’t bothered to put pressure on while he staggered into the den. Huh, so cats were tripping and causing harm to themselves while also trying to get tasks done? Why did that sound like something that was more common to happen than not? Daintily twitching her whiskers, the molly was almost quick to jump to her paws so that she could inspect what was wrong with the feline in front of her, only to be abruptly stopped by Drizzlecloud rushing right on over to go stop the tom from waltzing from the den without getting checked out. Blinking incessantly, Springpaw stood there dumbfoundedly as her ears angled upwards to further listen in on the conversation, mainly towards her mentor as she began to condemn the words that escaped Wildtwist’s mouth. Luckily, her mentor wasn’t too strict that she caused Wildtwist to run off with his tail tucked between his legs. Yeesh, that would’ve sucked. Stifling a sharp breath, the molly slowly drew herself closer to the duo as she glanced back over towards Wildtwist when he began to speak again, inquiry dwelling in her deep blue eyes. A spar with Bumblestar? Well, she supposed that was something to do with her potentially asking him to become a hornet of sorts. The thought was almost quick to be disregarded when Springpaw glanced back up towards Drizzlecloud once she cooled down her fumes. “Do you want me to go ahead and grab a leaf of sorts to help get the paw back into its proper place? There isn’t much that we can potentially do about a twisted paw other than hopefully try to align it and keep any pressure off it until it’s fully healed.”

@Bean_The_Cat @Omari

Last edited by iliri; September 9th, 2023 at 02:00 PM.
Old September 9th, 2023, 03:35 PM
Dead But Not Buried

Status: Gimme black coffee in the vms (please I need it to stay alive)
Bump Policy: whenever you feel appropriate
My Mood: Kingly

Cloudykit Smiled, letting her do her work. He took Springpaws advice VERY seriously and pictured his father, Muzzle. I know, strange name, but he has a scarred muzzle and it just fit him. Cloudykit sighed. “I know I shouldn’t have.. but I wanted to become an apprentice! No, I wanted Pikekit to become one, too. He goes through a lot and I wanted to help.” he said, glancing at Pikekit and then returned to letting her work. As Springpaw healed his wound, he flinched, gritting his teeth, but he did not whine. He needed to be strong. Or.. try to.. he wasn’t the strongest cat. But, anyway, he needed to seem like he was fine so Pikekit could at least have comfort in knowing he was okay. He hated seeing Pikekit in pain

@eris
@Ymir
@Omari