Hawkcatcher's finder <3
Last post by Hollyheart of thunder
Today 07:42 AM
Cattail Pond
by BEAR.
Last post by Dakotaa
Today 07:37 AM

Old July 27th, 2020, 02:21 PM

Status: Sitting around. Feel free to VM me if you want to roleplay!
My Mood: Bored

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

(Btw smallpaw is experienced since she's almost done with training)

Smallpaw would sniff the air. "I smell a pigeon." She would click her tail to where the smell was coming from. @Glitchy

My Pokefarm profile: https://pfq.link/lucidense
Old July 27th, 2020, 05:41 PM
Lil gamer pup :3

Bump Policy: MIN: 6 hours ; MAX: 24 hours
My Mood: Sad

@~Lucid Dreams~
(oop - well, wolf is new at this too xD)

Wolfspirit nodded, smelling the air also. "Yep. Your right. Since you know the crouch and most things anyways, I'll have you try and catch that then come back to me, okay?" He sat back on his haunches and watched her.

•••

"The worst part of dreaming is waking up."
Please bump me after 24hrs if I don't respond!
• sig icon by SqdPxl on deviantart •

Character Site
Old July 27th, 2020, 05:49 PM
wanna play a game?

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
Stempaw nodded,” Sorry. I forgot you and Honeysnake have very different training methods.” she explained before giving it another try with another squirrel, this time she made it down hill and dropped into a crouch sneaking forward careful with her steps as she approached it and lunged grasping it’s neck biting it causing it to go limp.
"wait -- what would honeysnake have done?? pffttt you make 'em sound like a big scary bad guy who doesn't allow mistakes under any circumstances..." if her teaching methods really were that different from honeysnake's, duskblossom felt bad for the apprentice. honeysnake sounded like torture to be taught under, but hey, at least he'd taught stempaw how to hunt in the marsh so that duskblossom didn't have to! she had to give the cat credit for that.

watching through intrigued pale green eyes, the warrior watched as stempaw did her thing and winced as she lunged but her expression quickly changed into a smile. "sEE??? told ya you could do it! well, actually, i didn't tell you you could do it. did i? i might've? i don't remember. but i did say that you had to try more than once so you had a higher chance of catching the thing and! look at you go! good job! no need to dwell too much longer on squirrels then!" duskblossom gave her apprentice a small nod of approval before continuing.

"alright! so y'know how to get yourself some squirrels or some frogs, maybe a toad or two. but!! wait... hold on. totally forgot what i was going to say," duskblossom paused, not saying anything for a few long moments as she tried to remember. "oh! right! so, like i was saying, y'know how to hunt some stuff. mice and voles are a little different, though!"

how were they different? duskblossom had to take a moment to think for this one too. she knew how, but.. how to explain it?? duskblossom had no clue how to do that, although to be honest it was pretty simple. "okay! so! you already know how to do the whole hunters' crouch and all, right? to catch mice and stuff, you just go into your crouch, but this time it's a little different, like i said. so, instead of just sneaking around like a sneaky sneaky kitty, you gotta sneaky sneaky around like a... snake! like, instead of just crouching and all, it's more like slithering, since you want your pawsteps to not really make an impact on the floor! the mice can like, feeeell the floor moving or something, i dunno, but they usually run away if your pawsteps are being too loud, even if you don't hear them!"

the female dropped into a crouch, bending her front and hind legs low and sticking her tail out just barely above the forest floor before changing her position so that her paws barely left the ground, almost sliding along the floor. showing slow pawsteps so that stempaw could process the whole thing, duskblossom scented the air and quickened her pace as she finally lunged, her paws landing centimetres away from a nearby mouse as she dipped her head and gave it a killing bite to the neck.

holding the piece of prey up in her mouth proudly, she gestured to stempaw to try it out, sitting down as she put her prey aside to watch.
Old July 27th, 2020, 06:00 PM

Status: Sitting around. Feel free to VM me if you want to roleplay!
My Mood: Bored

She would nod, bending her small legs and weaving like a snake, silent and hiding in the shadows. She would creep close to the pigeon, only her yellow eyes visible in the shadows. She would pop up in a small leap, trapping the pigeon in her paws and nipping its neck, slipping back into the shadows. @Glitchy

My Pokefarm profile: https://pfq.link/lucidense
Old July 27th, 2020, 06:02 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope View Post

"wait -- what would honeysnake have done?? pffttt you make 'em sound like a big scary bad guy who doesn't allow mistakes under any circumstances..." if her teaching methods really were that different from honeysnake's, duskblossom felt bad for the apprentice. honeysnake sounded like torture to be taught under, but hey, at least he'd taught stempaw how to hunt in the marsh so that duskblossom didn't have to! she had to give the cat credit for that.

watching through intrigued pale green eyes, the warrior watched as stempaw did her thing and winced as she lunged but her expression quickly changed into a smile. "sEE??? told ya you could do it! well, actually, i didn't tell you you could do it. did i? i might've? i don't remember. but i did say that you had to try more than once so you had a higher chance of catching the thing and! look at you go! good job! no need to dwell too much longer on squirrels then!" duskblossom gave her apprentice a small nod of approval before continuing.

"alright! so y'know how to get yourself some squirrels or some frogs, maybe a toad or two. but!! wait... hold on. totally forgot what i was going to say," duskblossom paused, not saying anything for a few long moments as she tried to remember. "oh! right! so, like i was saying, y'know how to hunt some stuff. mice and voles are a little different, though!"

how were they different? duskblossom had to take a moment to think for this one too. she knew how, but.. how to explain it?? duskblossom had no clue how to do that, although to be honest it was pretty simple. "okay! so! you already know how to do the whole hunters' crouch and all, right? to catch mice and stuff, you just go into your crouch, but this time it's a little different, like i said. so, instead of just sneaking around like a sneaky sneaky kitty, you gotta sneaky sneaky around like a... snake! like, instead of just crouching and all, it's more like slithering, since you want your pawsteps to not really make an impact on the floor! the mice can like, feeeell the floor moving or something, i dunno, but they usually run away if your pawsteps are being too loud, even if you don't hear them!"

the female dropped into a crouch, bending her front and hind legs low and sticking her tail out just barely above the forest floor before changing her position so that her paws barely left the ground, almost sliding along the floor. showing slow pawsteps so that stempaw could process the whole thing, duskblossom scented the air and quickened her pace as she finally lunged, her paws landing centimetres away from a nearby mouse as she dipped her head and gave it a killing bite to the neck.

holding the piece of prey up in her mouth proudly, she gestured to stempaw to try it out, sitting down as she put her prey aside to watch.
[THIS RP occurred before the “accident]

Stempaw flicked her tail,” Well, Honeysnake would send me to bed hungry for missing that catch.” she explained. She gave a nod before dropping into a crouch and tried to slide carefully through the ground to hunt the mouse, she snuck forward and pounced pinning the mouse before nipping it’s neck.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old July 27th, 2020, 07:25 PM
not my art :l

My Mood: Amused

Fireflight beamed at foggypaw. “ I can’t believe you did that!” She purred. “ The was so brave!” She turned and addressed sunfall who had just appeared. “Hi.” She meowed dryly. Fireflight’s tail swished through something sticky and she jumped. “Oh. It’s just honey.” She turned and licked her tail. Oh gosh, this is delicious. thank you foggypaw! @Elementals @-Splash-
Old July 27th, 2020, 09:17 PM
wanna play a game?

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
[THIS RP occurred before the “accident]

Stempaw flicked her tail,” Well, Honeysnake would send me to bed hungry for missing that catch.” she explained. She gave a nod before dropping into a crouch and tried to slide carefully through the ground to hunt the mouse, she snuck forward and pounced pinning the mouse before nipping it’s neck.

duskbossom widened her eyes. "yikes... harsh." she commented shortly, not really knowing how to respond. talk about strict! duskblossom would never do that.. would she? no no. well, if they were being a jerk---- No! duskbossom would never. that was a terrible way to go about training someone.... though it worked. so...

"nice!" duskblossom exclaimed. stempaw caught on pretty fast, that was pretty nice too. "if you want you can go ahead and catch some more stuff, but that's pretty much all there is to hunting normal land stuff! well, i mean, all hunting stuff is normal hunting stuff but i mean, like, everyday hunting stuff, which is why i called it normal. but also you could also hunt other stuff everyday which would render my sentence invalid but -- y'know what, i'm going to stop talking now. we can get to hunting stuff that flies later on, if you haven't learned that yet?"

giving stempaw a moment to respond, duskblossom waited with a prompting look, pawing at the mouse that duskblossom had caught moments earlier.
Old July 27th, 2020, 10:07 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope View Post

duskbossom widened her eyes. "yikes... harsh." she commented shortly, not really knowing how to respond. talk about strict! duskblossom would never do that.. would she? no no. well, if they were being a jerk---- No! duskbossom would never. that was a terrible way to go about training someone.... though it worked. so...

"nice!" duskblossom exclaimed. stempaw caught on pretty fast, that was pretty nice too. "if you want you can go ahead and catch some more stuff, but that's pretty much all there is to hunting normal land stuff! well, i mean, all hunting stuff is normal hunting stuff but i mean, like, everyday hunting stuff, which is why i called it normal. but also you could also hunt other stuff everyday which would render my sentence invalid but -- y'know what, i'm going to stop talking now. we can get to hunting stuff that flies later on, if you haven't learned that yet?"

giving stempaw a moment to respond, duskblossom waited with a prompting look, pawing at the mouse that duskblossom had caught moments earlier.
Stempaw shrugged,” It worked. Yeah, no bird hunting yet.” she meowed before spotting a mouse an dropping into a hunter’s crouch sneaking forward before lunging and killing it.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old July 27th, 2020, 10:10 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Croakingpaw was a bit relieved, but still scared he forced himself into his best hunter’s crouch he could do, it was almost perfect, his feet were splayed a bit wide because he found that his paws kept sliding a bit in the mud.
"Claws will help with the sliding a bit but there's really no avoiding it but adapting to be used to it." She ran an assessing eye over his form and nodded to herself internally it was good, before remembering she should probably vocalise that "Your from looks good, nice job. Now try it on a frog. Remember they're all vibrations and sight and will jump so aim high." She released him to try it out with a flick of a tail and sat back to watch and advise should he need it.
Old July 27th, 2020, 10:14 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
"Claws will help with the sliding a bit but there's really no avoiding it but adapting to be used to it." She ran an assessing eye over his form and nodded to herself internally it was good, before remembering she should probably vocalise that "Your from looks good, nice job. Now try it on a frog. Remember they're all vibrations and sight and will jump so aim high." She released him to try it out with a flick of a tail and sat back to watch and advise should he need it.
Croakingpaw unsheathed his claws so he stopped slipping before carefully sneaking forward, but he was stepping a bit to loud so he alerted the frog who hopped away, but towards Adderfang.